Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Shi Alfred Sung for women

Shi Alfred Sung for women
dislike

Shi Alfred Sung for women Pictures Shi Alfred Sung for women Pictures

Perfume SHI, introduced in 2000 opens new millennium in the floral fruity attire. It is made of light floral rhapsody of notes, which are perfectly followed by real sense of serenity and existence. It is also called “Perfect Sung’s Drop”, which, as element of nature brings fullness of life. Translucent and elegant, just perfect, washed by the purity of water and notes of lotus blossom and fig leaves in the top notes, while the heart beats with its fresh sweet accords of orange blossom, shining tangerine and night odorous flower Frangipani. The base consists of leaves of birch and musk. It was designed by Ilias Emenidis. The bottle is the work of designer Jerome Dinand. It is available in the amount of 15 and 20 ml of perfume extract, 50 and 100 ml edp, and accompanying products like cream, body milk and deodorant. The nose behind this fragrance is Ilias Ermenidis.

Rice Leaf Water Lily Mandarin Orange

Ming Shu Fleur Rare

Shi Fragrance Reviews

fetus
fetus

this smells so beautiful and clean! like fresh from the shower all day

ckernan
ckernan

This was my signature scent in my 20's, and I will happily leave it there. Not to say it is a bad scent, but after recently trying it on again, find it to be a little too young and too pungent for my current tastes. Shi has a very crisp aquatic scent, reminding me of a fresh cold shower, and has very sharp floral notes. These days I find the floral notes to be overcomplicated, overpowering, and almost sickly sweet - there's just too much going on for me to enjoy it for any length of time. It is nice enough to smell very briefly out of the bottle or on someone else, but I personally can't wear it for more than 10 minutes before the strong scent makes my stomach turn and I have the desire to wash it off. It might be fresh and clean, but there is nothing subtle, delicate, or elegant about this perfume IMO.

Lovesmells

sorry i forgot! but to my nose, it is also similar to another Sung - "forever"

Lovesmells

I just got this as a blind buy as well for 19.99usd (sept 2014)
It is a strong lily like scent. I would say on the side of aquatic, which I am not a big fan. But it definitely have a place for collectors and for pleasurable scents. I also own Haiku Avon, and this latter is much sweeter than this ( if you want to trakde Haiku, drope me a line). If I had to compare it with any other of these types would be the Green Teas from Elizabeth Arden.
I will keep it, enjoy it. I can't return it because I opened it in the car and literally the cellophane flew out of my hnad and out the window. This had never happened to me while opening stuff in the car ( I'm sure you do that too, right?)

swampgirlie
swampgirlie

I'm so pleased with this blind buy. Very clean yet delicate. Fresh and feminine. Classy fragrance and bottle design. The only negative I can find is it wears off too fast! This would make a great gift. Most feminine aquatic I have ever smelled. Love this fragrance! I will purchase again.
UPDATE:
This perfume is incredible.WOW. Sungs perfect drop really is perfect.LOVE IT!!!!
#aquaticqueen
#mermaidpower
( Adore Delano definitely needs a bottle! #THEmermaidqueen♡ )

happycapybara
happycapybara

Okay, this is going to be a negative review, so I will duck if I make anyone mad :(
I vehemently dislike this fragrance. It reminds me of a product that I purchased to clean my shower but ended up throwing away. (smells like TILEX)

It is SO sharp and so stingingly artificial, synthetic cleaner-like. I tried using it as air freshener but even that gave me a headache. This does not agree with me and causes nausea and imminent distress! Even thinking about it, kind of makes me a little queasy...

Jessie0920
Jessie0920

I liked it at first, then I felt this perfume remind me of some chemical smells.Too aquatic for me.

Rei
Rei

After reading reviews on this site, I tracked down a 1.7oz bottle of this at TJMaxx for $15. For a blind-buy, I'm extremely pleased!!

I've been looking for aquatic fragrances that aren't too sweet on my skin, and this one fits the bill nicely. I was incredibly surprised with just how pleasant it smelled for the price. It does slightly remind me Dolce by D&G-- I think that might be the water lily/musk combination coming through--, except this is definitely MUCH brighter and less floral (whereas Dolce seems to be a bit "murky"). As many reviews have stated, it's a very gentle, lovely and clean scent. Faintly soapy after dry down, which I enjoy. (Despite being labeled "Floral Fruity", the citrus notes are very subtle and well-balanced with the florals.)

My only complaint is that it has very poor staying power with my body chemistry. It's quite strong/headache-inducing during initial spray but quiets down fast. It can be easily overpowered by other beauty products that are strongly scented, as I recently discovered while testing a dry shampoo spray.

I'll still be continuing my hunt for a signature scent, however Shi is definitely a keeper!

odie
odie

A very classy oriental type perfume I think, it does hit that aquatic note with a dry down like "Bora Bora" on me, for water lily, mandarin orange and orange blossoms are elements in both fragrances.

My other sister, the Lalique lover bought this one, its not for me and doesn't last long on my skin. However, I can appreciate the fresh, clean, cool opening notes. A keeper!

cyanne
cyanne

Clean and light. I have several bottles that I will probably wear for clinicals in nursing school where we will have to go for a clean, natural scent as well as style. Great for summer too.

pravda48
pravda48

TIP FOR EVERYONE GETTING HEADACHES FROM THIS:

Try spritzing while holding your breath, then walk away from where you sprayed it for a while. Also don't breath through your nose for 5 mins or so, and don't 'spot sniff' once it's on you.

This should prevent headaches (if anything can) and allow you to get lovely whiffs of it throughout the duration of the fragrance. It will also give you a better idea of how it smells to those around you :)

Will be back with my review of the scent itself later.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I had mixed emotions and was in no hurry to buy this from reviews. For the price of 3.00 one can't go wrong...or can they!? Well not THIS time! I like this one a lot. I agree that it's terribly similar to Haiku, which to me, also smells like lily of the valley. That's pretty much all I get out of this, and that's not a negative, I love flowers and pick loads of lily of the valley every spring. What I find amazing about this perfume is that even though it lays VERY close to the skin, it's quite strong but still pleasant. I find nothing but positive things to say about this. This is a year around flowery ladies scent. I do wish the cap was a bit prettier. It's color really makes the cheap plastic stand out while holding in your hand. The bottle itself is an eye catcher with it's pretty watery color. I think anyone liking traditional flowery perfumes will find this enjoyable and realistic.

*Edit*
I am not sure how I found out exactly, but this top isn't plastic, it seems to be a heavy metal of some type. I feel a little better they didn't purposely make it so cheap, but it still looks horrible, plastic, and fake. Such an awful thing to do to such a pretty bottle and liquid, and yet...the silver IS beautiful with blue!

Sherihan
Sherihan

I had it once,I don't remember how exactly it was, but if it smells CLEAN/SOAPY/FRESH+a hint of fruit, I will give it a thump up immediately.

mrsames77
mrsames77

This has been what I have been wearing for a while now. It smells clean and fresh to me. I like it! :)

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Shi is a light, summery, soapy fragrance. It initially opens with clean lotus blossoms. However, the middle and base notes are rather musky. This scent reminds me of Acqua di Gioia with a hint of Jovan Musk Oil. Unfortunately, the musk gave me a headache, so I had to give this one to a friend. Sung by Alfred Sung remains my favorite from the collection.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

This was yet another perfume that I blind bought and had to try several times before appreciating. It is strong and sharp at first spray, but dries down into a rather lovely, comforting, clean scent. I can detect orange blossom, lotus and finally a hint of musk. I have tried this one, Pure and Jewel from Sung and am eager to try more. In my opinion they all smell expensive, but they are not. I love them and will always have a Sung in my collection.

cori.x
cori.x

this is actually not bad! bought it blind at marshall's, i think it's a good buy.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

This was a blind purchase. I agree with many others the first spray is bitey and strong. I can see where it could induce a headache. However despite the sharpness and initial strength the fragrance is quite pretty. As it dies down it becomes a gentle soft feminine scent. Unlike most of my other parfums which fade rapidly and have no strength this one is different. It's got lasting power and siliage. I do not find it offensive or repelling at all. Just initially quite strong with a nice fade down. I got a good price so I feel I got my money's worth.

Kyperkat
Kyperkat

I bought a gift set of this after smelling it in a store and liking it quite a bit. After I brought it home I never really used it. Any time I put it on, it lacked in comparison to everything I already had. I should have immediately put the set on eBay, but I was stubborn and tried to force myself to accept what I had bought and enjoy it. It eventually turned, and it was basically a new bottle. Never used the lotion either. I can't remember if I gave it away or heaved it. What a complete waste . . .

pipergirl
pipergirl

The opening notes are a bit sharp and bitey, rather off putting. But once this fragrance settles a bit on my skin the dry down is really nice. It's a sexy fresh, just showered clean with a touch of elegance. It strikes me as a wearable, versatile, noticeable yet subtle scent that can be worn both day and evening - especially nice for hot, humid summers. 2 sprays is plenty and lasts for a long time on me.

arrode
arrode

I like how this smells. It smells wood-like, but as others have said, there's something very strong about it that seems like it would easily trigger migraines. Oddly enough, it's very strong, but fades very quickly. Within 2 hours it's barely perceptible.

itsallgood
itsallgood

I bought this by mistake, yet found it interesting so I kept it. It was my first and only aquatic perfume. Very light and lasting. If I was more into water type scents, this would definitely be a keeper.

fire2heart
fire2heart

Horrid, headache inducing, nauseating stink on me! I have no idea which note it is, because I think if it didn't have that note, I'd like it... I was able to return it, thankfully.

sand and surf
sand and surf

This is one of my all time favorites! Very clean and just out of the shower fresh. Haven't had a compliment on my perfume in years, until I wore this the other day. Will repurchase if I can find it.

Venus193
Venus193

Ever since Yves Rocher discontinued Ming Shu and Jardin des Nymphes I've been hoping to revive that scent. This is the closest I've found to those; it has a slightly musky note not found in the YR scents. The water lily fuses with the orange blossom into a lovely hybrid that smells fresh and clean; perfect for mornings. The bottle is the perfect design and the juice the perfect color to reflect this scent.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Within 24 hours, I bought Shi and gave it away! It made me feel sick and gave me a headache at first whiff! I heard so much rave about it and bought it blindly. I gave it away that same evening. It has such a strong smell of something I cant describe.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Shi is simple and rather linear (also quite short-lived on skin), and altogether lacking in texture or contrast, yet completely lovely. I get none of the exotic notes listed in the pyramid above, although it's tempting to suggest that things like water lily, rice leaf, and frangipani coalesce into Shi. I do get a bit of orange blossom, musk, and mandarin orange. Layered with that are more intense notes of pear and green apple, in all their juicy, acidic glory. Tucked between the fruits is a sweet violet note, deftly carrying the edibles into the cleanly abstract, aquatic base. Ilias Ermenidas is the prolific nose behind a slew of major big-brand releases, including Halston, Tommy Bahama, Givenchy, and Estee Lauder. Encouraging that such talent could be found in a delightful and cheap feminine.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

This is beautiful! Very fresh and clean. Completely inoffensive. Perfect for a day time fragrance to be worn to the office. Really lovely. Light and watery. The dry down is so pretty. Leaves you feeling relaxed and positive. The price is very reasonable. Smells more expensive than it costs to buy. Lasting power is also great, especially for a perfume that is on the lighter side. Likable and dependable. The kind of scent that lifts your spirits and never let's you down!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Like many others I bought this fragrance at fraction of the original cost. At first spray I wasn't overly impressed. It smelled just like the bottle looks - clean, clear, fresh, aquatic. I was unable to determine one note from another, and it really didn't develop much. No sweet, syrupy fruits (just a light touch of citrus to add some character) or loud, harsh flowers(the floral notes are mild and slightly sweet) - a simple, straighforward clean scent.

HOWEVER - of any fragrance of this type (aquatic, fresh) this has BY FAR the best lasting power. It seriously lasted 12+ hours on my skin, surviving a shower and everything. I was amazed. The sillage wasn't huge at any point during that time, but it was just enough for me to get a faint hint of it at points throughout the day (and this was just one spray on each wrist). I really did enjoy wearing it. It never overpowered my senses, and I never got sick of smelling it.

Would I have paid full price for this fragrance? No, most likely not. But for the price I paid I am extremely satisfied!

Mbryan766
Mbryan766

I bought this at TJ Maxx for 15 dollars without smelling it. I do not love it at all, but it makes me feel clean and fresh when I spray it. I feel like I wouldn't have purchased it if it was more expensive. It's very generic, but sometimes that's what I am looking for in a fragrance. Overall, it is clean, powdery, and light.

Jama4
Jama4

This is a very light perfume you can not smell it unless you stand right next to the person wearing it. On the right person it can be worn all year round. Unfortunately it did not work well with my chemistry and almost smelled like pee (white musk component). Because of these 2 factors I gave it away.

Skin type: oily
Office safe: yes
Potency: Light (6 or more sprays are necessary)
Projection: sits close to the skin
Longetivity: 2 hrs in winter, 5 hrs+ in summer
Timing: Spring / Summer
Packaging: 6/10 the bottle is a bit plain the lid is made of plastic
Price: $19 for 50ml / 1.69 oz at Winners / TJ Maxx

Will I Repurchase: NO

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

Update: It projects much better in hot weather and doesn't smell so musky depending on one's body chemistry (observations since I gave it away to my sister).

tvu
tvu

I am a lover of aqua floral scents and this perfume description fitted it perfectly, including all the positive comments on here which sounds pretty good to the ears. I've never tested this. Unfortunately, Shi and Jewel perfume do not work on me. Shi smell synthetic and quite strong in an unpleasant way, just simply soapy smell.
I bought both bottles of Shi and Jewel base on positive comments on here, the truth is Jewel is slightly better, a bit lighter and more bearable than Shi. However, there is something about these perfumes that create a nausea effect, i personally dislike both. I am so sorry to Mr Sung as i don't often write negative review. On a positive note, I do like the bottles and the designs are chic.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

i used to love this scent, maybe because a boy bought it for me long ago. but there is just something i am not completely in to. have a 1 oz bottle to swap please message me.

Trinidella
Trinidella

I am on my second bottle. I love this scent. The heaviness is mindblowing and the longevity is impressive. The packaging is imaginative. It appears simple but its captivating.

KSBelle
KSBelle

My mother just brought this back from New York for me. I was excited simply because I couldn't find it where I live. Apparently AS fragrances are discontinued??? Anyway, the bottle is so beautiful, though at first spray I wasn't impressed. It was nice, just not amazing. As the day went on it began to show its lovely face more clearly and powerfully. It greeted me as I moved around the room like a hug from a friend. This is a cheerful fragrance! Light, but not weak. It has lasting power that is really impressive. I could even smell it on my wrists after 12 hours of work, and a shower! I like the dry down better than the top notes. The scent has a familiarity to it. It's as if Calyx, Noa, Este Lauders Pleasures, and Elizabeth Ardens Green Tea got together and made a baby! (Though Shi is lighter and more watery than any of these fragrances).

All in all I'd have to give this perfume a 7/10, (an extra point for the bottle design and longevity of wear). Perhaps if it had a slightly less familiar twist to it I would give it an 8/10. I love each of the perfumes it reminds me of, but sometimes I'm just looking for a fragrance to step outside of the box. To stand alone in its uniqueness. Though I must say, this perfume is easy to wear and non-offensive. Great for office wear, a casual day out, or by the pool. It's clean and happy. I also would say this could easily be worn by any age woman. As it is fresh, I find it's great for spring and summer. If you can get your hands on a bottle I would suggest you try it. AS fragrances aren't that expensive. I'm curious about the pure perfume extract, and would love to know where I might find it. Please let me know if you do! Thanks! :)

jenshih0607
jenshih0607

I love the clean, fresh, watery scent of Shi. That's what I look for in a perfume. I first tried this when I got a sample of it and I've loved it ever since. It was kind of hard to find this perfume in Taiwan but I finally found it! I often change to a different fragrance because I always get tired of wearing the same scent, but not Shi. It has become my signature scent.

heatherine
heatherine

I agree with the reviewer who stated this is a "well-behaved" perfume. I can't even find the fruit, it's straight-up watery floral to me. I love it for office wear. Its sillage is just right on me - enough for people to get a light whiff on an elevator but not overpowering. I combine it with the body lotion and it lasts all day. I wouldn't wear it for a night on the town but it's a lovely workday scent.

tutu
tutu

Shi es un aroma totalmente inofensivo, de esos que pasan sin pena ni gloria y que sin desagradar tampoco consiguen arrancar ningún cumplido.

En mi caso fue una compra a ciegas, un impulso consumista... Por las notas del perfume y las opiniones creí que me iba a encantar. No ha sido una mala compra desde luego, porque es perfecto para los días en que no tengo ganas de destacar con perfumes más embriagadores, pero tampoco creo que repita con él.

El aroma es muy acuático y suave... Si queréis saber a qué huele (en España no se vende y hay que arriesgarse a la compra online) probad el ambientador Spa del Mercadona. Son idénticos!

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is such a light sweet floral, with just a touch of citrus. It is a very clean aroma, no heaviness at all. It starts out very aquatic, and light with the water lily and lotus blossom,with the slightest whiff of tangerine, and then sweetens up just a bit with the touch of orange blossom,fig leaf, and frangipani, and finally drys to a touch of birch and just a hint of musk.
This is one of my favorite acquatic florals of all time.

nananessa
nananessa

I almost bought this today at TJ Maxx without first smelling it, thinking since Sung is one my very faves that I would probably like this one, too. I found a bottle that had been opened so I smelled it just before my purchase & so glad I did!

This one was just disappointing to me at my initial sniff. There was something in the "fruity" quality that I didn't like for myself. So I put it back on the shelf.

Maybe I need to reconsider...

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Okay, it's official: this is the worst perfume of all time! I just spritzed it on a card at Kohl's and omg, GAG!!! There are definitely some sort of floral, benign notes present, but the first blast of fragrance is a disgusting, toxic, unbreathable cloud of moldy wood! I'm gonna have to take a guess and say it's the 'rice leaf' or the 'birch leaf', but I really don't know. It seems to be made with the cheapest, most unhealthy ingredients ever. Upon dry down, it smells a bit more floral, but that toxic, rotting wood is STILL there! I walked into another store with the strip of paper with Shi on it in my purse, and I was thinking "Jeez, I can't breath... what is that horrible smell?" And then I realized I was still smelling that damn Shi! Ugh, god, I cannot say enough against this perfume. DON'T BUY IT!!!!

Aspendina
Aspendina

just smells like a clean fragrance nothing special here, i need something more unique then this.

frogsnsnails
frogsnsnails

This scent is fabulous, and it's because it's exactly what you'd expect based on the design of the bottle---simple, modern, clean, natural. It is all those things and more.
Did I expect a complex fragrance? No, and it isn't complex. It is what I am looking for in a 'minimalist' fragrance: fresh sweet water. No soap, no laundry, no cleaning solvent. Just the embodiment of fresh.
Not only does it last all day on me, the scent never loses its brightness. It even reminds me of the smell of your favorite hair spray when you first put it on. Even then I don't mind, because I don't think I've ever smelled a stuffy/heavy hairspray.

If I had to classify this, it would be a fruity floral. Imagine..a gently flowing stream.. with a trail of water lilies gliding down..with traces of mandarin peel surrounding it..this is Shi..and it's just so lovely.

Hollie
Hollie

To me, this smells kind of generic. Just a simple, decent smelling fresh, clean scent that doesn't stand out especially. In the first minute or two after application,I smell something slightly unique which reminded me of white pepper (a note not listed) could it be the rice leaf? I've never smelled a rice leaf before so I'm not familiar. Whatever that note is fades fast then turns to a soft, creamy citrus....which is nice.On my skin, within fifteen minutes, all that could have been good fades to a slightly sweet, almost undetectable musk....an that's it....then it's gone. I tried layering with Moschino Love Love to pull out the citrus a bit longer. It helped but really.....what's the point? Ellen by Ellen Tracy has the same effect on me.....that quick dry down into faded, musky sweetness then on into oblivion. I thought about returning but I think I'll hang on to it and give it another try when the weather is warmer. In my opinion, it really isn't even worth the discounted price.It's far too similar to other perfumes in my collection but much much more watered down smelling and most definitely not unique enough. Reminds me of a more flowery, very watered down and less fresh version of Burberry Sport for women.

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

It is fresh,clean,very strong-.Citrus and floral,perfect for summer.This fragrance haves two face- strong,sharp and delicate,feminine.Longevity very god,bottle like Jadore. Very nice fragrance.

eranaral
eranaral

A safe office scent. Not too loud. Its dry and fresh, not soapy or sweet at all. Its lasting power is its downfall only 2-max 3 hours on me :( But for only $9.99 at TJ Max, you can put it on every few hours. Its a cold refreshing scent so I like it better for hot days.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Its taken me a while to actually appreciate this scent. Purchased a gift set at TJMaxx for 20 bucks to take on a cruise, I've only just cracked it open recently. On me the sillage is rather crazy. Longevity also very long.

Its certainly not offensive, its a scent that rather wraps itself around you and in a playful embrace. I've been asked many times what I wore when wearing this scent. in Hot climates the scent projects a lot on me though not in a gagging type of way. I use a max of 4 sprays, nothing more. Took this one on a cruise since I wouldn't cry if I lost it, and was complimented everywhere I wore it.

On me I have no need to reapply, it will continue on for 12+ hours with the lotion about 8 without. Of the 2, the lotion has quite a soap smell, though its not laundry soap, but the smell of a really nice handcrafted one.

The spray I enjoy when first out the bottle onto my skin as its just an amazing mix of orange blossom and water lily.

After about the first hour or so I get lots of lots of orange blossom. It dosen't get sweet or flighty though, likely because of the musk. IMO thats the mark of a decently crafted juice.

I've combined this with a variety of lotions, most recently Bath and Bodyworks Wild Honeysuckle. That was a very interesting mix!! I'd likely try that out again when I'm clubbing with friends (it was a bit loud) I an also imagine this one going well with a orange blossom lotion as well.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I bought Shi as one of my discount store random picks, knowing full well that it was one of those amorphous "light/sheer/fresh/clean" scents that usually do nothing for me...But somehow I remembered that it had water lily and birch in it, and that just seemed appealing in some way. Also, though my usual fragrance choices are anything but light, I wanted one scent in my collection that truly was light, specifically to wear to yoga class. I feel undressed without perfume, but no one wants to be THAT person in the yoga studio whose warm body emits waves of distracting perfume, and as the teacher I especially didn't want that. Hence the Shi, which I didn't expect to like much.

It's actually a fine little perfume. Very subtle, delicate, even tender. It's not a deep, rich complex scent, but it wasn't meant to be; and it is nicely balanced and not truly boring or sickly like so many "fresh" perfumes. It does unavoidably refer one to laundry scents, but without the strident, cloying artificiality of functional scents. So I now have a "fresh" category perfume in my collection...

Projection is discreetly personal, which is for once a positive in this one case for me, yet its longevity is rather good---6 hours later I can still find it on my wrist.

kalios55
kalios55

Shi is calm. The smell transports me to a mountain vacation. It's that cool crisp early foggy morning air you catch while standing in front of a small lake filled with white water lillies.

Floral opening .. but definitely not a summer or spring flowery type. Shi reminds me of cold frosty flowers. My chemistry rids off all the citrus leaving my skin with a musky floral drydown.

Shi is a like-able and well behaved scent with moderate sillage and longivity. Do not over spray as this subtle Shi will turn into something very overwhelming. It's a depthless musky floral smell but it's powerful. I love the bottle. The light blue tint to the potion is perfect.

I personally prefer Sha's warm floral embrace. Give Sha a try if you have a chance. It's also nice :o)

icekat
icekat

SHI is a lovely, gentle and fresh floral aquatic scent. What comes to mind is a Zen-like miniature Japanese garden with well-groomed trees and picturesque pond. SHI is transparent and clear, relaxing and rejuvenating. The scent definitely succeeds in combining floral, green, and aquatic. It is like a picture painted in soft light colors of blue and green. I like it a lot on a hot summer day.

The scent is not complex but very nicely done. The lotus is only slightly sweet, very tender and mixes well with the rice leaf note. I only get hints of mandarin orange on my skin but I do smell orange blossom in the heart notes. The scent stays linear until very light musk notes mix and mingle with the aquatic floral tone.

My overall rating is 8/10. I do find that I am drawn a lot to this scent in the hot weather. I love the simple beauty of this composition. And the scent lasts and lasts on my skin. I only need to apply it in the morning.
(This review is for Eau de Parfum)

orchid_84
orchid_84

It's OK...I bought it blind at a discount store, and ended up getting rid of it. It's fresh, and I would agree with others that it has a relatively pleasant fresh-laundry scent to it. Definitely not offensive, but kind of boring.

a nice light floral for day. stays close to the skin and dosen't project that much,but i get scented whiffs here and there and it smells very nice. i don't really smell the orange, to me its just a light musk lighty flowered.

jasminenoa
jasminenoa

Very clean and refreshing. To me it smells like you just came out of the shower. I find it quite strong, two sprays and you are good to go.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This stuff is fantastic! Aquatic, clean and fresh. I think this would be fabulous for spring and summer! The lasting power is quite good as well. I like this alot!

One of my favorites. Yes, it does have an aquatic watery quality, but there's a citrusy floral that comes through. It's an unusual combination but it really works!

piluna
piluna

Smells like a soapy clean fabric softener. Great for everyday use. This perfume will not offend anyone.

The other reviewers aren't joking--this stuff smells a lot like fabric softener! Downy fabric softener in a pretty bottle--no thanks! Yes, you will definitely smell squeaky clean wearing this perfume. It had so much potential with rice leaf and birch, but it's so synthetic that it makes perfect sense that it was at the discount stores.

cloyd42
cloyd42

April fresh Downy--one of their aromatherapy scents. I'd guess that every woman buys one bottle of Shi then never buys another. Fruits are non-existent and the florals fade to water lily quickly. The "musty" note that everyone is commenting on isn't musk--it's birch, a wood like linden which has an unusual strong note. You won't find it offensive but I doubt you'll be able to get excited about it.

iset
iset

When this fragrance 1st came out, I wasn't real crazy about it. It grew on me with time, I love it on me. very recently I had it on three days in a row.(Not my usual) I really like a fragrance if I wear it 3 days in a row. I usually wear something different on a daily basis.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

I got it blind in a swap in July. It was so hot my brain was boiling and noze going crazy. So when it was like +39 C that was the only perfume I could wear... it was chilling, refreshing and generally nice... as it got cooler, I got rid of it. The "nice" part is still there... but it's just too nice for me, definitely too fresh. The lasting power is good, but it's a skin scent and you don't really feel it yourself, which is actually good for some people but not me.

So if you want something soft, not offensive and delicate - this one is for you. Is you want all that but with a sweet twist - go for Noa by Cacharel.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I've only ever had one Alfred Sung perfume which was Jewel and which I'd bought unsniffed over the internet. I was disappointed with that one because it smelled very floral, very ordinary and very Avon'ish! I decided to take another chance on one of his perfumes though (they're not available in England where I live) when I realized that Shi was available on sale on a perfume website.

Unfortunately, Shi isn't my type of perfume either. When I sprayed it on, the longer it was on my skin the more pronounced one of the notes in it became, which doesn't really appeal to me. I'm not sure which note it is but it's kind of woodsy and musty smelling. That note is very persistent and, on me, was the main note I could smell. Unfortunately, I don't get any fruitiness at all in Shi.

Shi is just not my type of perfume. BUT, if anyone here loves it and wants a full 100ml (3.40z) bottle of it then I have one and I'm happy to either sell it or possibly do a swap!

guest_diane
guest_diane

Desde que lo conozco no he logrado compararlo con ninguno ,lleno mis espectativas ,tan sencillo elegante ,clasico y unico ,felicidades

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I like this water lily scented light fragrance. It's nice for those days when you want just a light scent but not real perfume. I call it my shy perfume that doesn't make a statement but I can smell it myself. Just for daytime not fancy enough for dressing up and going out. I notice that it doesn't last for some people but it stays real soft on me all day.

Juma
Juma

Light, soft, creamy version of white florals scent. I bought it unsniffed on-line after dear Nathalie Z recommended it for me. And she was right, she already knows what I like.
If you like sort of fragrances as Salvatore F. Pour Femme is, test it. I like it until (it arrived today ;)...)now and it's possible to love it in very short time.

narcotic
narcotic

I know it's currently fashionable to hate fragrances that smell like multinational corporatoins' trademark "fresh laundry musk" scent (as it rightfully should be... has anyone tried that awful Swiss Army stuff?), but Shi is a rarity in this overcrowded market, and I can't get it out of my head.

Despite the cold packaging, it's not really a 'cold' scent. Maybe it's the rice smell mixed with a smooth, creamy, grassy orange blossom after the top notes fly off, or maybe it's the wierd phenomenon of having a sweet scent without a hint of cloying sugar... just perfect.

I can definitely see people getting sick of its ubiquity (as I do with similarly 'clean' scents), but it's definitely worth getting. Think of it as the easygoing, slightly wayward sister of the Issey scents.

sweetness
sweetness

I love this perfume! Its sweet without being too girlish and candy-like, very feminine and delicate with a hint of sophistication...quite easy to wear...one of my favourites!!

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

I am absolutely LOVING this perfume!! I picked it up at a deep discount at TJMaxx, sight "unsmelled". I'm so glad I did!

The opening is floral...not too sure what notes are going on there.

Then, it turns a little citrusy, and cool watery notes, and finishes with a little sweet musk.

I wear this for work, as I don't find it too strong after the first 30 minutes or so. While the top notes are nice, it is really the dry down that I love. I will be wearing this all summer.

LIN
LIN

It's wonderful!!! so light but still not cheap. Long lasting, smells like fresh winter air, clean smell. One of my favorites of all times...

Sissi

beside a Lilypond Mingeling with Frogs
Dragonflies Lemongrass and then a Troupe
Of Macaque Monkeys spots the fruits and gives it to the Troupe and the Mothers
give the Peaches to ther Babies it such a adorable Sight and they Play with it
swimming around the pound it's the most beautiful Perfume i ever had.
it's crisp Tangy Delectable Frangrance
you'll come across I love the bottle design very modern Zen like clearity
on a Misty Morning.

I'll Give this A 10!

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

Woodsy musk w/ a touch of citrus. Too woodsy and masculine to me.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Not my favorite, like stated before, its bland. Not alot of anything to write home about. I gave it to my mother in law, she doesn't ware it either.

rithacha
rithacha

Very light, bland, to my skin more musky floral than anything else. I bought this one because it was delicious on the testing strip and filled the need in my wardrobe for something CASUAL. Most perfumes get angry at me for wearing them with sweatshirts and jeans, but not Shi.

Definitely need to test this one on skin first, though. On paper it was this luminous aquatic juicy fruity thing, but on my skin all the brightness of it all dissapitates within the first few minutes. Literally, all gone. What's left . . . is this musk that lasts f.o.r.e.v.e.r. It smells like rice. Bringing my nose to my wrist is like opening the ricecooker when it's all done and taking a long sniff. If you've never done it, there's no describing the thin whisp of sweet comforting rice. Nice, but not what I expected.

Anyway, it's probably just my skin that turns this fruity floral into a rice cooker, judging by the reviews below.

arxsyn
arxsyn

I got my bottle of Shi for a steal, at $10 for a 50 ml bottle, how could I go wrong???

One word sums it all: "nice". Kind of bland, generic but still pleasant. It's kind of soft, feminine, romantic with a touch of sweet powder. I don't detect any fruit here at all. To me it's a musky floral through and through. I use to like it more but now I don't because it reminds me way too much of laundry supplies and soap. I found out through other sources that detergents, dryer sheets, fabric softeners, etc. are all full of musk and flowers to prolong and reinforce the "fresh laundry smell" in fabrics [I'm talking to you P&G!].

If I spray too much on I am always reminded of that fact, so I use a light hand. I don't necessarily want to absoluely reek of freshly laundered clothes.

Update: i find that i can layer clinique happy together with shi. The clinique stuff is past its prime, as the bright citrus notes are completely absent. Together it smells like a wet shampoo like, juicy fruity floral. Still generic though

guest_Annalisa
guest_Annalisa

I fell in love with this perfume in my teens; my best friend bought a bottle in Chicago when it first came out, and I adored the way it smelled on her. These were the days when every teenaged girl I knew, either wore body spray from Bath & Body works, or Clinique Happy! To me, she smelled so grown up and womanly in this perfume, that I had to have a bottle for myself.

It is a floral, without being too strong, or too mature, in the way that roses and gardenias are...it has a fresh smell, good for an early 20s girl. It is innocent but sophisticated, and a good clean, spring smell. To me, it smells like the country after a crisp spring rain. Definitely water, a little tiny bit of mandarin, and clean floral. Not a "sexy" smell, but clean, youthful, and subdued.

Aalia
Aalia

I really enjoyed this perfume. I think the category "Floral Fruity" is misleading. The Fruity notes are toned down, the fruit notes are almost imperceptible. Sure, the citrus is there, but the perfume is much more floral.
Itś delicate without being too faint,
the duration is good, itś feminine and beautiful.

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

Soft,floral and also fruity ! A lovely sweet smell that is not too overpowering but still very present ! Love it ! Unfortunately it seems to have almost no lasting power at all. 15 minutes after I apply it it is almost gone :-(

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Goodness, this one smells nice!!! Very fresh... and so soft, even the sweetness of it is soft. Very relaxing & clean.. like smelling a beautiful garden in the early morning after a light drizzle. And it reminds me a little bit of Jennifer Lopezs' Deseo, though not entirely, just the sweetness & freshiness of them both are quite similar.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

This is a really pleasant daytime scent that won't overpower. It is clean and fresh, and almost minimalist in a way. It smells like a less intense "L'eau D'Issey", with that same clean feel.

knics33
knics33

Shi is a great mix of fresh and sweet. I find it to be very refreshing and cooling. This is a go to for spring and summer months.

Sargas
Sargas

This was one of my first perfumes ever back in 2005-2006! I was only 12 years old at the time. I used to spray too much of this, people told me. Haha. :] I have fond memories with this perfume. It's, to me, a very sharp floal with a hint of Lemon. At least, that's what I would smell back in the day. I will definately buy again someday!

Annie_D
Annie_D

I have had this for some time now,and I never wear it. It is so fresh but something about it doesn't always sit right with me. The lotus and orange blossom are wonderful but I get the birch leaf and I am turned off by it. It only suits me on certain days, calming fresh perfume but it has to suit my mood.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Sung fragrances are always really nice ones.This to me smells fresh,clean and slightly flowery (but just a hint).It is light but it lasts and it is one of my favorites.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I sprayed it on myself 10 min ago - and I like the scent so far, it's very gentle and feminine, very "white" scent, I feel like wearing some cashmere sweater with this fragrance. Very nice. I would be definately willing to have this fragrance for casual use.

Blue Orchid
Blue Orchid

I have worn Shi for three years now. The scent is very beautiful and light. It brings to mind a feeling of innocence and sexiness all at once for me.

aoi_hana
aoi_hana

My dad got me this perfume when I was in my teens. I liked it at first, but then after a couple of weeks the smell started to change on my skin, and I stopped wearing it. I still used it as an air freshener for a while though!

Cari888
Cari888

Clear, long lasting complex sweet (but not too sweet) floral that is a favorite of mine all year long.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

This is one of the few fruity florals I will wear, fortunantly there is enough other tones at play that I don't mind the hint of fruit.

2007

Shi by Alfred Sung 3.55 out of 5 based on 436 ratings and 87 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alfred Sung Shi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Alfred Sung Shi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shi by Alfred Sung. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shi by Alfred Sung represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.