Designers » A » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Alvarez Gomez for women and men

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Alvarez Gomez for women and men
dislike

herbal
Agua de Colonia Concentrada Alvarez Gomez for women and men Pictures Agua de Colonia Concentrada Alvarez Gomez for women and men Pictures Agua de Colonia Concentrada Alvarez Gomez for women and men Pictures

Agua de Colonia Concentrada by Alvarez Gomez is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Agua de Colonia Concentrada was launched in 1912. The fragrance features lavender, bergamot, geranium and lemon.

Lavender Bergamot Geranium Lemon

Lemon Sorbet

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Fragrance Reviews

nero77
nero77

Beautiful eau de cologne...

This is a beautiful cologne in it's own right. From a Spanish house and one which is unique and uplifting. I find this one refreshing and full of character.

I think most of the reason why I like this is because it has lavender in it. Not just lavender, but actually two types of Lavender: Spanish and English. In addition, it also has I believe thyme and juniper berry. It is a great, sweet and sour mix which along with the the zesty lemon really lifts up the fragrance and sets it apart from the others.

I would happily pay for a big bottle of this I find it well worth the money for my taste. A cologne which has just the right balance (in my opinion) of sour, tangy citrus and green herbs and lavender. I do recommend everyone out there to try it and enjoy it. Highly recommended, especially for spring and summer, and hot weather. Elegant and sparklingly refreshingly beautiful in it's balance and composition.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Classic Spanish cologne, very much in the same leage of 1916, by Myrurgia or Royal Ambré Legrain. If you like fragances like 4711 Eau de Cologne, Roger & Gallet Extra Vïelle or Eau de Cologne Imperiale by Guerlain, try this old favourite of many Spanish families. It's a classic item in Spanish bathrooms since generations. I think the notes are not correctly listed in the Fragrantica database, since I am sure there is some thyme and eucalyptus in the background which give it a camphorous vibe, that many found to be very invigorating, but that in my opinion is a bit oldish, so try before buying (I have always prefered 1916 and 4711). The sillage and lasting power are good for an Eau de Cologne. It has a wide range of matching body care and bath products, being most of them very good.

Shwets
Shwets

Like lemon barley sweets (UK) with a touch of Lavender.
Refreshing and a nice non bitter alternative to 4711 Cologne.

ZELJO

Why silly people keeps mentioning Andalucia all the time? This is produced in Madrid

drakecito
drakecito

I have to say and recognize that I really love this cologne. I find delicious and brings me great memories of childhood.

I always had the feeling that it is thanks to those childhood memories, I'm so fond of fragrances and this is the typical odor memory, which sometimes "I bathed", heh, heh, after leaving the bathtub. :)

Notes that compose it are citrus, especially lemon and floral with geranium and rosemary. Maybe a little lavender, almost imperceptible to my nose. Nothing more.

Fresh, simple and economic sooo well done.

Longevity is moderate, exceeding 5-6 hours with gentle but noticeable sillage. Above the average, even for this style of fragrance.

Little more to say, I love it.
I admit, I'm addicted to this kind of fragrances.

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

The suave and refined Spaniard wakes up, showers, shaves and generously applies Agua de Colonia Concentrada. He is now ready to experience the challenges of the day with charm and elegance. A classic and timeless cologne that fuses citrus, herbs and florals creating a warm and inviting glow. A unisex fragrance that can be shared by the whole family. Agua de Colonia Concentrada and Agua Lavanda are colognes that should be in every home.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

This is one of those rare fragrances where I can pretty much smell all the notes. Opens up very, very lemony - think Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien except smoother - before transitioning to geranium. Lavender and bergamot are there but less noticeable. I believe eucalyptus is also a note and this gives it a slightly mentholated smell that brings to mind insect repellant. When I bring my nose close to my arm in the drydown, it smells like lemon-eucalyptus cough drops (something most Australians will be familiar with) It's a refreshing sort of fragrance but Concentrada Barberia is far superior.

ZELJO

cannot stop using, now in summer after a shower in the gym, the body milk of Alvarez Gomez called Emulsion hidratante, generally its included in packs with the cologne and isnt easy to find alone, but lucky enough theres a shop in my city where you can get the 500 ml bottle for only 8 euros....by far the best ever body milk for summer days, confortable feeling in skin and not sign of humidity or soaking just after being in street again...magical

d_l_esmond
d_l_esmond

Lovely fresh lemon and geranium (which comes across as spicy), without the musky base of some other colognes. It is quite herbal and natural, simple and refreshing. As you would expect, it is not very long lasting, but it is cheap enough to use in repeated (and repeated) applications.

jesvox
jesvox

Crisp clean tangy lemon lemon lemon and more lemon!, not bad, perfect for hot days and i agree this dries out the skin.

cdresz
cdresz

I purchased the 80ml spray bottle. It was mailed out in peanuts and bubble wrap, the box showed no damage yet the bottle leaked? I received 80% of the product and the other 20% made for the most beautiful smelling package I've ever received! Oh well, it's a low cost item. I think the bottle is a leaker, I'm not going to blame the retailer. Anyhow, onto the review...

This is a terrific summer scent! Reviewers here are listing Geranium towards the bottom of the spectrum, but I think Geranium and Bergamot are the two main players. I notice the Lemon and to my nose Lavender is the weak note. If you don't garden, let me tell you that Geraniums have a spicy note. This Geranium note is very familiar to me as a gardener and the spice factor keeps the fragrance from being overly citrus.

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

Wonderful smell of post-siesta paseo in Seville. Clean and fragrant like Andalucian people.

Dries out the skin like hell though. As if you'd put 100% alcohol on it.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

I blind bought a very small bottle of this off of ebay and am currently enjoying it during the summer. Concentrada apparently has a rich and long history in Spain. It's fairly inexpensive, but is very nice, and the fact that it has such a long history speaks to its quality. Though I prefer other citrus' to this, Concentrada is nice and I would recommend giving it a shot if you're looking for a citrus fragrance.

The lemon and bergamot are initially powerful upon opening. It's sharp, fresh and clean. Eventually the geranium becomes the dominant note, and while I'm not as crazy about this part of the fragrance, it's so short-lasting, that it's not a big deal. Probably lasts less than two hours on me.

Magie Noir
Magie Noir

It is my first cologne I use after using plethora of narcotic nighttime scents. I got it on blind buy from amazon and it was a total jackpot.

It starts off as cheap direct,lemony/detergent scent, but when put on skin directly from the bottle, develops this magic of Andalusian wild flower fields. Along the sorbet lemon, the geranium takes center stage, while the physical feeling is like menthol hand creme on dry skin thanks to the eucalyptus. It smells on par with Acqua Di Parma line, 'wrapped' in cheap gift wrapping.

On another hand instead of a classic dry down structure, the notes go back and forth as it evaporates. Quite complex indeed.

I decanted portion in small spray bottle. Smell is different when sprayed instead of dabbed on skin.

Just don't understand why is not marketed as 4711 or similar taking consideration its complexity and depth. It would be a hit if this perfume house worked harder on the packaging design and marketing campaign.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Clean, crisp lemons and lavender. Simple and straightforward scent.
Light and for daytime. Great for freshen up mornings.
Quality's good, composition remains fresh till the end.
2-3 hours.

moni4u
moni4u

Una fragancia muy fresquita para el día a día, sobre todo para la primavera y el verano. También me gusta la versión infantil, que es algo más ligera.

Verana
Verana

I'm missing Summer while daydreaming about my trip to Seville next June. That's why I'm wearing this on such a cold miserable, rainy November day in London. If I close my eyes I could almost be in Andalucia.
Sniff - and I'm getting lemon sherbert, clove, lavender, warm mediterranean fruits, foliage.........and Sunshine.

ZELJO

totally agree with you, have been using that one as gyms cologne for yeats, smells so fresh,so clean than its perfect being there, its just a shame it lasts so little, by the way, the body milk is just perfect, smells exactly the same, isnt sticky at all and you can feel your body really conforted after having used it, I recommend that one to everybody

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Very nice crisp,sharp citrus but the longevity is non existent on me, the fragrance is gone completely in under 1 hour which is a shame. I will use this for gym use and hot summer days as it is perfect for that.

The bottle is very vintage looking and sturdy.

williamvargas
williamvargas

such a clean lemon fragrance, you could literally bathe in this, it is that special. so non offensive ...you just smell "clean" and "crisp" awakens me...i use this a lot.. would recommend. so much more affordable than aqua di parma and you pretty much get the same type effect and fragrance. it is exceptionally wonderful on a hot day.. i don't get tremendous longevity but with this price i wouldn't expect that, just reapply bottom line you will smell well groomed, a gentlemanly smell.. it is a keeper..
just take the bottle after drying off , and dumping it literally all over ..I do wish it lasted longer.. I put some into an atomizer just to spritz but I find that I do have to refill it often. but at least no one is complaining.

ariyah
ariyah

Un olor muy especial para mi, me recuerda a un familiar al que quiero mucho. Es un perfume de esos que son "de toda la vida". Me encanta que sea tan antiguo (1912) ya que lo hace más especial el llevarlo puesto. Es un perfume con historia, atemporal y unisex. No tiene demasiada permanencia en la piel pero no me importa. Es muy agradable para diario en verano y primavera. Uele a limón, hierbas y también le encuentro un puntito dulce que me recuerda a la canela. Es muy refrescante y agradable, me encanta.

beren1969
beren1969

Changed from Acqua di Parma to Agua de Colonia, very nice smell, a bit short lasting but I prefer being stealthy. The bottle looks very vintage as well, indeed reminiscent of the Spanish Civil War.

ocean.lake
ocean.lake

This traditional EDC is affordable, but it's really an uplifting fragrance for wearing in any given hot day.

I smell a wonderful lemony scent, together with spicy eucalyptus and calming lavender in the background. I hardly detect much of geranium, rosemary, thyme and bergamot as listed in their official brochure (Fragrantica missed some ingredients in the pyramid).

It somehow reminds me of a 2-3 years baby after taking a bath. Fresh, gentle and crisp.

Francop
Francop

Fresh, zesty and refreshing scent from a traditional well established perfumery in central Madrid, Spain. The scent has lemon, rose and geranium notes.

My grandfather used it on a daily basis for years so it brings wonderful memories; we would visit him in the morning running into his apartment looking for him; he would nearly always be having a shave sat next to a massive square white porcelain basin checking every inch of his face for the perfect trim...

This scent is a classic if you were born in the 60`s as on those days there were not very many perfumes/scents in Spain; French scents from Paris were the only ones available...maybe General Franco had something to do with it...Paco Rabanne emigrated to Paris on those days...

Huge perfume line in general...shower gel, body lotion, bath salts, hair conditioner, soaps...etc and very well priced with decent longevity

Give it a go if you fancy a sniff of the Spanish civil war...1936-1939...

Big thumbs up...!!!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Might be my favorite Eau de Cologne or even just LEMON scent that I've tested. Alvarez Gomez goes on like a delicious lemon drop candy, and becomes less sweet and more herbaceous over time. I smell geramium more than lavender, but no particular note screams. This is a subtle, careful blend of typical eau de cologne components that smells fresh, clean and natural. Perfectly suitable for either sex and any age.

Like all colognes, it's rather short-lived. I could smell the last traces about three hours after application. It starts out strong but after a few minutes, you'll realize it is impossible to over-apply this one. I think it will be better suited for warmer weather, when I can liberally douse myself and enjoy the cool, refreshing alcohol sensation and sunny citrus notes.

imgcas
imgcas

Wonderful cologne. My father's favourite. I always give him a big bottle (400ml) on his birthday. It simply smells great and it leaves a huge sillage.

I thought it contained some cinnamon because it's quite spicy, apart from citrus.

jeca
jeca

I absolutely agree with Castor, and now you can order it from MiN, them ship worldwide.

My husband loves it very much, he bathes in it, now I understand that 750ml is the right size ;o) The cologne is delicious.

sirena
sirena

I am Spanish and this has always been on the shelf in my family's bathroom. It is the perfect splash, great for the day, fresh and clean. As said in previous reviews citrus is the first note but the geranium (or clove)and bergamot will last all day. It is popular in Spain, but not massive and when I splash it on in the mornings after showering everyone tells me how nice I smell and asks what I am wearing. I dont use it at night unless its 40º (not unnusual in July or August)since I prefer something a bit more sensual or sweet (with vanilla, jasmine or ginger) but it is very comforting and in especially cold mornings it warms me up and brings memories of summer.

chocolate
chocolate

How funny to see this EDC on this page! This Spanish parfumier has been producing this scent for AGES. It's an integral part of oh so many bathroom cabinets, widely used by men and women of all ages. It´s fresh, clean, hugable and brings memories of childhood baths. Smells umpretentiously beautiful on grown ups too. If you have the chance, get it in one of the Alvarez Gomez shops, because I think it is somehow fresher than the ones sold at department stores. It is not a womans scent, this is a very democratic EDC for all the family. I´ve got the family size (400ml), but there are smaller bottles.

guest_alex vienna
guest_alex vienna

it is a fantastic fragrance - not only for women - its more unisex.
it smells very fresh, citrus is the first thing you can smell.
everyone around me always asks me - what fab smell that is - no one knows it.
its very rare.
very very cheap as well - fantastic value.

holly13
holly13

I would like to try this. It looks like it comes in a nice large container so they don't rip you off with a tiny little bottle within a bottle perfume.

My sister is allergic to lavander so I will look for another fragrance. I would like to know what this smells like.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Agua de Colonia Concentrada by Alvarez Gomez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Agua de Colonia Concentrada by Alvarez Gomez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.