Designers » A » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia Alvarez Gomez for women and men

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia Alvarez Gomez for women and men
dislike

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia by Alvarez Gomez is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia was launched in 2012. Top notes are lemon, bitter orange, bergamot and ginger; middle notes are rhubarb, labdanum and coriander; base notes are cedar, sandalwood and white musk.

Lemon Bitter Orange Bergamot Ginger

Rhubarb Labdanum Coriander

Cedar Sandalwood White Musk

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia Fragrance Reviews

kairegr
kairegr

A very nice fragrance that I purchased in Barcelona. It is a classic eau de cologne, but improved with a floral aura. It has a good longevity, it is warm and pleasant.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I've had a spray sample of this lying around for ages but I didn't get around to wearing it until the other day. And you know what? It's pretty bloody good.

It's citrusy without smelling like the actual namesake fruits or their acidic rinds, and there is a note in there that brings to mind another refreshing Spanish fragrance, Adolfo Dominguez Vetiver Hombre, and that makes it somehow even more refreshing (Vetiver Hombre has an earthy drydown however, while Barberia does not) I suspect it's the rhubarb, which also adds a subtle sweet nuance. The white musk in the drydown keeps the clean and refreshing feeling going.

If you've tried Alvarez Gomez's Eau de Colonia and found it not to your liking, don't be afraid to try this as while there is a passing resemblance, it's like the family resemblance between third cousins. More masculine than the original, and yes, quite barbershop. The perfect summer fragrance that handles humidity quite well.

One of my finalists for my signature fragrance and unless Farina 1709 Original, Valentino V Pour Homme or Valentino Uomo change my mind, has a very strong chance of becoming 'The One' (and not in the Dolce & Gabbana sense of the word!)

(Unfortunately the only place that stocks it here in Australia sells it in 150ml bottles for $100 inc postage, and I feel it would be best to test it with a decant first to see if I like it over time. The combing water also looks interesting. If any Aussies have a decant of it they're looking to get rid of please let me know!)

1949
1949

I have the aftershave/facial moisturizer and have not had a chance to try the cologne. I find a balsam, old school barbershop feel, something I prefer in most of my scents. Warm, woody, pleasant and clean. As the review above states, seductive yet understated….in line with the advertising.

Something a little different.

danshobiz
danshobiz

There are very few reviews of this anywhere so it was pretty much a blind buy for me. And what a wonderful find! At first sniff it called to mind the original Gucci pour homme (1974)...or perhaps its slightly more restrained (though equally suave and cultured) Spanish cousin visiting from Madrid.

The citrus top notes are remarkably blended and remain in play throughout the wearing. Just a hint of spice (quite a bit less than Gucci)to keep things interesting and then a warm woodsy musk that plays perfectly off the citrus. Projection is fair (like the true Mediterranean gentleman, it doesn't need to scream its presence.) Longevity is surprisingly good as a close proximity scent. I see this as outstanding for the office as well as personal encounters.

One last comment: this is one of the few times that a fragrance's marketing hyperbole is right on the mark. It describes Barberia as "fresh and elegant", "seductive yet understated." I couldn't agree more.

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia by Alvarez Gomez 4.38 out of 5 based on 18 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia by Alvarez Gomez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia by Alvarez Gomez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Boucheron Jaipur Homme Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Lalique Lalique White Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum L`Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Amouage Memoir Man Giorgio Armani Armani Eau Pour Homme Loewe Esencia pour Homme L`Artisan Parfumeur Fou d`Absinthe Christian Dior Dior Homme Yves Saint Laurent M7 Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Colonia Guerlain Eau de Guerlain Gianfranco Ferre Gianfranco Ferre  for Man