Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Amanda Amanda Lepore for women

Amanda Amanda Lepore for women
dislike

Amanda Amanda Lepore for women Pictures Amanda Amanda Lepore for women Pictures Amanda Amanda Lepore for women Pictures Amanda Amanda Lepore for women Pictures Amanda Amanda Lepore for women Pictures

Amanda Lepore is one of the world's most famous transsexual, the muse of the photographer David LaChapellea. In collaboration with the company Artware Editions and the awarded perfumer Christophe Laudamielom, the "drag queen" launches her/his limited edition luxury perfume in 2008.

Amanda fragrance captures gentle elegance, glamour and the amazing power of new molecular Orriniff, which provides warm notes of iris root and amber, and creates an ideal platform for the floral notes such as tuberose, orange blossom and violets. Sparkling citruses and Cristal champagne aromas are inspired by Italian Renaissance elixirs. Accords of cucumber, strawberry and red lip stick contribute to the mischievousness composition.

Amanda perfume is limited to only 5,000 copies of a 125 ml bottle decorated with 1,000 pieces of Swarovski crystal with satin atomizer, packed in boxes with photographs signed by Nico Iliev.

Citruses Mandarin Orange Big Strawberry Champagne Cucumber

African Orange flower Tuberose Violet

Amber Orris Root

Amanda Fragrance Reviews

MonsieurDeBanane
MonsieurDeBanane

Totally agree about the description. It doesn't matter if it's "in quotes", it says she is a drag queen and that is incorrect and not cool. Also: saying his/her, as if her gender is somehow not already changed? Who wrote this, Newt Gingrich? Get with the times please, you're using coded hate speech from the dark ages. I hope this perfume really rocks, so that Everybody is forced to reconsider their language to respectful terms, and we don't have to derail what should be a discussion about perfume.

gaz525
gaz525

In the discription it says Amanda Lepore is a drag queen, she isn't she had sex reassignment surgery when she was 19. How rude! Change it

Scentmad
Scentmad

I have a small 20ml bottle of this, gifted to me by a very nice chap in the perfume industry. I tried it for the first time yesterday. The bottle I have looks like a pearl and is very pretty. The perfume is pleasant and fresh however it's rather unremarkable.

I had thought that this would be a perfume that would include lots of wonderful and refined ingredients. Instead I got a detergent/fabric softener fragrance.

As I say, not unpleasant but nor is it a fragrance that is awe-inspiring, and as a result I am disappointed. This is a generic white floral of middling grade and high end price tag.

And however lovely Amanda is as a person, she has no real credibility in the perfume world so it is a gamble to invest in a frag with a high price tag that seems to have little foundation (or gravitas) in a rather cut-throat industry (excuse my cynicism).

Maybe over time, if it's promoted well, this will gain a massive cult following - who knows? All I know is, on my skin, this is OK, nothing more.

piahellgren
piahellgren

It sound very intriguing. They should start making it without all them swarowski crystals and props and sell it in a "regular" bottle! I´d blind buy it the way it sounds!

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I got a tiny sample of this from The Perfumed Court for $15 (yes, extravagant, I know) due to pure curiosity. I dabbed a bit of it on myself a couple of hours ago. The top and middle notes smell really good- champagne, tuberose, and cucumber are the ones that stand out the most on me. The drydown brought a mildly peppery smell into the mix, which I presume is either the orris root or amber (or both). The whole perfume gives me an impression of a young-ish wealthy lady inspecting a pair of expensive leather shoes in some high-end shoe store. Sillage is soft to moderate, and I can't really comment on longevity yet since I've only been wearing it for 2 hours now. I can't say I love this perfume due to the peppery scent (which is not major!), but I definitely like it. Even if I loved it, it wouldn't matter, because I certainly won't be able to afford a $350 (and that's the discount price lol) bottle of it!

hautegaunt
hautegaunt

I can always smell Amanda in the room before I see her.. this scent is unbelievable and memorable. The price is outrageous and I think it would be wildly successful if it were more accessible.

finnschick
finnschick

I sampled this fragrance today, & I must say the longer I wear it the more I like it.

It starts off rather bubbly, & settles into a wonderfully soft, fresh scent. It's not soapy smelling at all, but still makes me think of just getting out of the shower.

Too bad it's so stunningly expensive.

The Collection
The Collection

I was lucky to obtain this beautiful perfume and even more so beautiful bottle of Amanda after a friend of mine purchased it during Gay pride week in '09. I think at first i felt divided about this fragrance. Such a flamboyant and glamorous bottle and such a clean and fresh spring scent. My expectations were for something Heavy and over the top...something along the lines of Agent Provocateur or even Tom Ford except somewhat skankier (if such a thing can be achieved). But I guess this a fragrance more about personality. Amanda has an incredibly "sparkly" outer shell for her personality, over the top and in your face and maybe on the inside is a sense of calm and freedom. Thats what i get from this perfume. Freedom and a sense of incredible warmth and calm, something I never would have thought I could ever associate with someone like Amanda Lepore. The Strawberry and Cucumber are quite prominent for me and the smell of champagne seems to have been spilt all over the floor and the strawberries are just floating it. I love that about the fragrance it gives it a bit more depth for me and differentiates it away from being overly simple or fleeting into an area of total commercialism. I love love love the cleanliness of this scent, I actually wore it today after a long day of surfing...just sat on the porch with only this under my jumper and then the cool breeze rushing through. Its definetly an experience wearing this scent, well for me it is anyway. The lasting power for Amanda is wonderful, this fragrance lasts all day long although I can see this scent being worn at night as well.

adele l
adele l

Ordered a decant! Amanda Lepore is pure over the top camp and a wonderfully subversive choice for a celebrity endorser and I love many of CL's creations. This one reminds me of Penhaligon's Amaranthine and Frederic Malle's Perfume de Therese, with its refined yet prominent watery cucumber/melon accord. On my skin a vegetal violet is the only flower which stands out- don't smell any strawberries. Amanda is a clean, long lasting skin scent and might be the only understated thing she has ever wore. I was expecting something quite different indeed!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

The notes look good. She knows she's wrong for those JACKED up prices! Even Chanel isn't that high. Has anyone tested this?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Amanda Lepore Amanda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Amanda Lepore Amanda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amanda by Amanda Lepore. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amanda by Amanda Lepore represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.