Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Amouage Lyric Man Amouage for men

Amouage Lyric Man Amouage for men
dislike

I have it: 585 I had it: 118 I want it: 522 My signature: 16

Amouage Lyric Man Amouage for men Pictures Amouage Lyric Man Amouage for men Pictures Amouage Lyric Man Amouage for men Pictures Amouage Lyric Man Amouage for men Pictures

Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Amouage Lyric Man was launched in 2008. Top notes are bergamot and lime; middle notes are rose, angelica, orange blossom, galbanum, nutmeg, ginger and saffron; base notes are pine tree, sandalwood, incense, vanilla and musk.

Bergamot Lime

Rose Angelica Orange Blossom Galbanum Nutmeg Ginger Saffron

Pine Tree Sandalwood Incense Vanilla Musk

John Galliano

Amouage Lyric Man Fragrance Reviews

ribosradagast
ribosradagast

Starts off as a creamy, soft rose, but very quickly (1 hour) fades to just a very slight soft vanilla smell. Then an hour after that, it's gone for good. The lack of longevity is very surprising, considering the high price of this perfume.

I also am unsure what sets this apart from the "woman" version, there doesn't seem to be anything distinctly "manly" about it.

Hotaxis
Hotaxis

"یه ترکیب فوق العاده از گل رُز(محمدی) ،صمغ باریجه، لیمو ترش"

این عطرسلطان تمام عطرهایی هست که بر پایه رایحه رُز ساخته شدن

کیفیت مواد اولیه ،جذابیت رایحه همه باور نکردنیه، اگه اشاره به رایحه گل محمدی شد، فکر نکنید با یه عطر گلاب وار طرفید، اصلا این طور نیست
بلکه رایحه بسیار خاص و شیکی داره

تلخی و تندی و علفگون بودن صمغ باریجه بهمراه بوی لیمو ترش و پوستش
تعادل بسیار مناسبی رو با رُز ایجاد کرده

حس زندگی و نشاط در اوج جوانی را القاء میکنه

از ابتداء تا انتهاء تغییر محسوسی در رایحه عطر حس نمیشه مگر اینکه ترشی لیمو در میانه و آخر جای خودشو به کمی شیرینی ادویه ای صمغی میده

پخش و دوامش در گرما و تابستان وحشتناکه ،بسیار پرقدرته، با یک بار اسپری کردن تا فاصله 2 متری رو برای 3 تا 4 ساعت پوشش میده ،دوامش هم بیش از 24 ساعته، اما در زمستون پخش خوبی نداره و دوامش تا 10 12 ساعت هست

من هم تولید اولیه (2009) این عطر رو دارم هم تولید (2014) رو هیچ گونه تغییر رایحه در تولید جدید ویا کم شدن پخش و دوام رایحه حس نکردم

arijitfrens
arijitfrens

This stuff is enormous and gorgeous. Love wearing it. Best time to wear this is during Fall and Winter night..

dmetzger
dmetzger

It's a heavenly smell and while yes: does smack of really fine European rose soap, it smells so damn good-I can't complain. My problem here (yet again with Amouage) is longevity! I have the same problem with JXXV. I'm wearing this right now, sprayed 4 hours ago and it's just a skin scent now. JXXV doesn't even last that long.

By sharp contrast, the Tom Ford Tobacco Oud I sprayed on 6 hours ago I can still smell just sitting here. Pairing these two fragrances together is my perfect scent. If I could get both in one bottle with the absolute beast mode sillage and longevity Tom Ford's private blend has on my akin: I would be in heaven.

Amouge bottle number 2. Disappointment number 2.

The scents are all amazing but the projection and longevity are laughable for me. I don't know if I have very different standards or very different skin.

gelo999
gelo999

Lyric is a rose soliflore, something you would expect from a perfume house Amouage Far East as is.

I am surprised that this agreement rose so delicate, musky and dusty that looks more like a European fragrance, type Maja Spain, Diptyque Villoresi or say something.

The opening itself is very nice when bergamot start as it had squeezed lemons in front of your nose, under and rose note is note.
A very natural, beautiful, but too musky note, because as soon fall citrus, up musks and balms that sweeten something, so that the scent of this rose changes and is directed precipitously toward the feminine side, and although the incense does a good job is not able to neutralize the powerful musk.

Then during drying starts corrected again, heading toward the male side with the rise of the woods, but at the end of drying starts sweetened by vanilla and residual sandalwood so it starts to rub again a feminine side.
I am not convinced both dizziness, from male to female and vice versa. I do not like much the note rose musk remains stifled by an agreement musk too possessive and driver for my taste.

The excellent quality and duration with moderate wake lyric make a complicated choice for male use and more recommended for female skin.

Rating: 6.5

Oganezzo
Oganezzo

What can I say. Sampled it yesterday. Can´t understand the euphoria behind it. To my nose it was very ordinary soap sent. Quality soap, the rose note wasn´t dominant. Drydown
was very linear and didn´t impress either. As a lover of
declaration d´un soir I was hoping for a amazing rose scent.
Plus the price tag....oh well.

RMB18
RMB18

Okay I just recieved a bottle. Upon first spray, this was not what I expected. The lime is very pronounced. Honestly all I get is freshly cut lime, and an actual rose. As far as performance goes, 2 sprays filled the house. I don't know why people are saying this is soft and subtle but this is loud as fuck. 2 seconds after I sprayed it, 2 women said "that smells good. That's the best one you have." And just kept going on about how great it was.

Guys who say this is phemenen, I agree, but women love it. This is like the niche 1 million. Women love it, it gets compliments, but you wouldn't get caught dead wearing it while hanging out with your boys lol

Beyonder
Beyonder

Not my cup of tea. Too feminine and soft for me.

mesaboogie18
mesaboogie18

This is rose done right! A very soapy, clean, and fresh rose. It's not backed by oud or hardened by leather, like most most masculine rose scents. It's just a beautiful rose with some citrus and woods to round it out.

marioslg3
marioslg3

I smelled this in 2008-2009 and although i loved it, i never decided to buy it, dont know why. Maybe it was too sweet, maybe it was feminine, maybe it was expensive and i had to think twice.....i used 2-3 samples since then and finally yesterday i bought it. Maybe is not the best cologne in the world, maybe is not the most unique but surely it is "heavenly beautiful"....it has something from gods, something that is out of this reality!

NZFH
NZFH

I found the opening of Lyric Man to be quite dramatic, like the opening flourish of a grand symphony. Simply breathtaking.

The rose note in this perfume is fascinating. It gets me thinking about the very nature, essence and definition of "rose." What is rose? In this way, the perfume is quite cerebral.

During the first hour, the rose feels very deep, fresh and luxurious. But sometimes, it feels not QUITE rose. Like something else that is ALMOST rose. A quasi-rose?

I detect a luscious, fruity quality within the rose.This could be caused by the interaction of the lime and bergamot (and possibly other notes) with the rose.

In my mind's eye, I see a rose transforming into a crisp, juicy, rosy red apple, then back into a rose again.

Sometimes I get a feeling of rose-water or a very high-quality rose-scented soap, more than the actual flower.

During the second hour the rose occasionally gets lost amid other green notes, like a flower in a meadow. Always very fresh and appealing however.

Later on, the relentless rose accord borders on cloying for me. Therefore, I am not sure I could actually handle wearing this fragrance. The longevity is on another planet.

I'm surprised they didn't use more spices, with the rose, which would have added a more masculine quality to this fragrance.

Does Lyric Man smell beautiful? Yes! Do I want to smell like this? I'm not sure.

However, if I was feeling especially reckless and decadent, I would definitely buy this as a luxury room and fabric spray!

GRAF
GRAF

Amouage Lyric is the King of Roses, a superb men's scent. It is my second Amouage experience and I am very happy to discover one more diamond. Its not the price, its not the fame, its just the superior quality of this strong juice that makes it unique among the other rose fragrances. Fresh and warm, smooth, well balanced, zesty and bright, dark and deep oriental rose fragrance, so well blended and balanced. This is pure luxury, you don t need to know its name, just close eyes and smell it.. full of elegance full of charm. Do you want to get attention wherever you go? Lyric is the answer..

The longevity is a monster, over 10-11 hours on my skin. The sillage is enormous, with just two srays, you fill a whole room. So I reccomend it only for winter, autumn and cool spring days.

The spectacular thing about Lyric (as Jubilation) is that you can clearly detect all of the notes that are mentioned above. The most distinguished notes are rose, angelica, lime, bergamot, incense, orange blossom and saffron. You can feel the development of this scent on your skin, how it changes till it dry out, always with a dominant rose note..

Lyric is a sensual scent from Amouage that makes you feel sexy and confident. It's love in a bottle! Romance, poems, candles, nice music.. love all about these stuff.. Lyric by Amouage!

Russian's man
Russian's man

One of the most beautiful and evocative fragrances... Lyric Man it's very poetry. The protagonist here it's the ''rose''. But not a ''old lady'' rose smell type if not a ''spicy rose''. Perhaps this fragrance it's not very masculine but neither female... Unisex? it's possible.

Lyric Man it's opulent with very long lasting. Like many of Amouage it's not versatile. This fragrance it's adequate for formal occasions like romantic dinners... I would like very much wear Lyric Man with a russian blonde girl to see Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake ballet hehe.

Scent: 9
Versatility: 5

Ovearall: 8,16

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Amouage lyric man is a very different take on rose and I don't see any rose fragrance which is comparable as generally we see lot of fragrance with rose/oud combination but here rose is blended so well with lime and different spices . I have the vintage formulation and have no idea how this has been reformulated .
The rose Starts in the background in opening with lime and bergamot being dominant and as it starts developing you see spices and ginger coming into play along with rose becoming dominant and the dry down is where I believe the best part of this perfume as it calms down with hint of incense , musk and sandalwood .
It last around 15+ hours on me with 6-8 hours of projection and creating scent cloud with in my hands distance . I feel some people may not like the opening of lime/bergamot with rose however I personally love this take . This is quite sophisticated perfume and it's quite refined though it is sample first and not to b blind bought ! I will personally cherish 30ml of juice left in my vintage bottle as long as I can and its quite versatile frag which can be used all round the year .8.5/10

Molko
Molko

I have just a "dupe/alternative" Federico Mahora perfume from Lyric Man. Usually I don't like rose, because smells old and feminine, but in this juice it's so well blended, doesn't feel old lady smell, more special and uncommon, totally unisex, easy to wear, fresh and light but not in aquatic way. Good for all season:)

It was a blind buy based entirely on reviews. I do not normally go for rose based frags as they mostly smell cheap rose soap or heavy air freshener to my picky nose. . One of the main reasons I even thought about this juice was Amouage house (which can't disappoint) and being it a male perfume (which can't or shouldn't be too sweet). So there I was studying the world of different tastes and opinions. Good reviews, bad reviews. Soapiness, sweetness, rosiness, overpowering, overwhelming, annoying, weak, boring, unpleasant, too masculine, too feminine, grandma smell... Many good reviews too! But you know how important are bad ones:)) So I was almost shaking placing the order online. Waited 1 week and finally had it in my hands.. First impression was NOTHING. Is it even worth talking about??? Disappointment followed shortly after. Another silly waste of money was my thought. I carried this fragrance for couple of hours on me and its started talking to me. If I was to call this perfume I would name it Nostalgia or Lyric Nostalgia if you will:)) It reminds me something that I've seen, smelled or expirienced before. Something really important that I forgot about in a busy life of modern, materialistic world. There is a certain sadness in Lyric. Not a sadness that would make you cry or dipressed but that little sadness that will drag you in the mood of contemplation.. it will take you places you've been or haven't before. There is still more to discover about this beautiful scent and I will look forward to it.

hafidzummc

with this one, moderation is the key. its quite beastly. suitable for long formal dinner nights when i think it would shine the most. but for work, quite cloying and i agree can induce headaches

2ScentsWorth
2ScentsWorth

Refreshing Rose

I love the smell! It works well all year round but especially in the hotter months. The lime note seems to lift this composition and stops the rose notes from being too heavy or overbearing. The other listed notes really add to the composition and I especially love the musk, ginger and sandalwood which come into play during the dry down. I agree with other's that this has a definite soapy vibe about it. Personally, I don't find this any more "feminine" than Mugler Cologne and no one has hinted that way to me either!

I get about 8-10hr longevity on the skin and good arms length projection for at least 4-6hrs.

NickZee
NickZee

As a lover of masculine rose, this is a 5 star. However, If you are not a rose lover, don't expect to be turned by this fragrance.

Houstonx
Houstonx

I have Interlude, Lyric, XXV, Reflection and Memoir of the Amouge men series and I get the most compliments when I wear Lyric and Memoir. Lyric certainly opens up sharp with almost detergent quality. But the dry down is so creamy, rosy and smooth, you can't stop smelling your arms if you sprayed it on your arms. When you spray it at night, you can still smell it after 10 hours. Projection is not beastly. If you want projection all day, you need to carry a bottle and spray twice every three hours. I would certainly buy a new bottle again when it's finished. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, so try before you buy.

hafidzummc

a very classy frangance from amouage. longevity is almost 24hrs on my skin (not kidding guys). its new love for me and definitely worth the price

Galleddrim

Just purchased from MaxAroma. This has the magnetic cap, which I like much better than the friction fits of my EPIC and INTERLUDE. I have an old sample of the pre-reformulation LYRIC, so I did a side-by-side comparison as soon as the new one arrived.

Here is my observation: The old formulation opens with a bit more impact, probably due to more prominent lime/bergamot in the opening. The new formulation is softer and more powdery in first spray. After a few minutes, though, even before full dry down, those notes come to the forefront in the new formulation, until they really smell almost indistinguishable. Perhaps the new one is still just every so slightly softer.

So, I am quite satisfied with the purchase, in spite reformulation. What it is now is a very dark, mysterious, rose, with just a bit of citrus edge. Not too sweet that it becomes feminine. It remains rich, with many colors and layers. Highly recommended.

Shortshanks
Shortshanks

Being relatively new to the wonderful world of niche fragrances I delayed this purchase after reading the reviews and was a little worried I would be taking a huge risk especially as a blind buy.. Big mistake !! Not having an attuned experienced nose to I didn't pick up a lot of the ingredients listed But I can say what a stunningly beautiful scent this is. Yes the rose is very dominant but what a rose... Crisp sharp and a class above all other Rose based scents I have tried by a mile and It is possibly the best fragrance I have ever owned.. Longevity is amazing I get around 11 hours. Silage is average I get around 2-3 hours before it becomes a skin scent. I do get the vibe that this could be unisex but it does definitely err on the masculine side. Would I recommend this? absolutely I can't wait to try more from Amouage .....what a result finding this ....it will be in my collection for however long it is available.

K1
K1

Blend fine rosewater with Velentino V Pour Homme, add some bergamot and lime, blend completely. Congratulations! You now have Amouage Lyric Man!

A mass pleasing rose, so wearable, so bold, so extrovert. Not my type even if I was a rose lover. Very potent longevity and vast projection.

کمی گلاب اعلا رو با "ولنتینو وی پور اوم" مخلوط کنین، کمی آب ترنج و لیموترش اضاف کنین، خوب هم بزنین... تبریک میگم! شما الان آمواژ لیرِک مردونه دارین

یه عطر همه پسند رُز، خیلی راحت میشه استفاده کرد، خیلی بارز و خودنماست، و خیلی برونگرا. اصلا تیپ من نیست حتی اگه رز دوست میداشتم. موندگاری و پخش بسیار قدرتمندی داره

ESWenchi
ESWenchi

I blind bought it because it was on sale here at an amazingly cheap price... and I find it quite satisfying. It is definitely an elegant lady - peppery rose and some pine, medium sillage, good longevity. Way like something chanel would produce but much better.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I like Amouage a lot...it is Definitely a man, not a boy... this fragrance had a very fresh... I'll buy it
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

the_badger
the_badger

No gusta. All I smell is soap soap and soap. Out of all rose fragrances I have smelled this one is the worst. Disappointing.

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

این عطر خیلی خوب میتونست ازاب دربیاد ولی ترنج این عطر رو خراب کرد
رز توی این عطر بوی نسبتا خوشایندی دارد اما ترکیب ان با ترنج بوی عطر را سبک و کاغذی و صابونی میکند
که حس تازگی و تمیز بودن و سبکی از ان بیداد میکند
رز یک رایحه متشخص و باوقار و متین هست که ترکیب ان با رایحه ای سبک و شاد مثل ترنج اصلا جالب نیست
دوگانگی و تضاد در این عطر به شکل فاجعه باری هست
عطر بدبو نیست و البته زیاد هم خوشبو نیست ولی انتظار تشخص و وقاری که از رز میرود در این عطر بالعکس ان شاهد هست
مثل این میماند که یک شاهزاده خانم متشخص بیاد توی یک رقاصخونه برقصه
Expect you smell the roses,
Contrary to the expectations in this perfume
Rose is dignified and graceful notes,Like a princess respectable, dignified and taciturn
*But Rose is cheerful and chatty and shameless in Amouage Lyric Man*
Destroyed the credibility and dignity and decency rose by citrus notes
Like a princess that forgot Decency and dignity of himself and his family and He is drunk and happy dancing in the streets
Combines citrus and roses in Amouage Lyric Man : Conflict ugly and very bad
Very soapy and clean And Paper scent

banorgue
banorgue

Really nice, very smooth floral-soapy smell. It reminds me very much for Frederic Malle: Une Fleur de Cassie, it has the same smooth floral vibe. And I must say that "Une Fleur" is much cheaper and at least as strong if not stronger as Lyric man. So I can imagine it as a cheaper alternative. Longevity and sillage is great. Although I like floral scents, it is just slightly on the feminine side for me, so I could not wear it, but I can imagine very well on a women. So ladies, give a try to it.

james.morris
james.morris

Revolting.

Very strong, very harsh and lasts forever. I usually like Amouage scents though I find this is not suitable for a man to wear at all.

A terrible blind buy that taught me a lesson I won't forget.

Yigor
Yigor

I just have a sample from this year, so I think it is the magentic cap formula. Like every scent from amouage it is very good. But I dont like it that much. The opening is very very soapy and it stays this way during the drydown. You have to like roses to like this scent because it its best described as soapy rose scent.

It is a very light scent and can be worn for every occasion I think. You should sample before you buy.

Sillage: 6/10
Lasting: 5/10

Al Ma'aini
Al Ma'aini

Woooooo nice rose and Zaffron

since 2008 until now i am using this perfume and i am relly love it and i advise my frineds to try it.

Nbond007
Nbond007

beautiful Rose Water.....thumbs up

mb81
mb81

ok i had a change of heart about this not as good as old lyric and also not bad
this is almost same smell but without the citrus opening all i get is rose and incense and the performance is much lower 610

Aamir Ahmed
Aamir Ahmed

@mb81:if you had it tried then why did u go for the full bottle in the first place?

Meister
Meister

At first I must say, that I'm not a big follower of rose in perfumes. It's mostly too strong and pungent note for me, so I always try perfumes containing rose with a lot of caution.

But Amouage Lyric Man is completly different fragrance for me. It's extremely elegant and sophisticated smell. The rose note is not sharp and pungent. It' s also not too sweet. We have here great well balanced combination of citrus in the top with light semi-sweet soapy rose in the rest part of the fragrance. The sillage is moderate, but the longevity is very good.

To sum up I can say, that I rather don't like rose in fragrances, however Amouage Lyric Man became one of my favorite fragrance and if I have to stay with only one bottle I could seriously consider this one.

I recommend trying this fragrance for people which try to avoid fragrances with predominant rose note (like I did). In my opinion this is good fragrance to change mind about rose in perfumes.

Kentington
Kentington

I got a bottle of this as a gift back in 2008 or so, and while I admire its technical brilliance, as a matter of taste it kind of leaves me cold. I don't mind wearing a scent with prominent rose notes...my favorite so far is Zino Davidoff, which puts the rose in the middle of a wood note and a boozy note. This puts the rose front and center, embellishing it on top with citrus and on bottom with incensey musk and wood. I realize that roses don't necessarily smell different in different colors, but in my imagination, this is exactly like Fragrantica's pink rose image in the notes pyramid...where the one I'm chasing in my imagination is a deep, almost black red (much like the one on the box).

Strong - great projection and it lasts forever, but high pitched. If memory serves (it's been a while since I've smelled it), the women's is more to my taste - a rosy sweet oriental with some heft to it. Will likely sell it on Ebay - it's too valuable to sit on the shelf unused.

hemp
hemp

I just received a bottle of the new Lyric with a magnetic cap. The initial spray smells a bit different than before but after a few minutes when it settles it smells the same as the old formula. It doesn't seem to be quite as potent but it's still strong and has good sillage for at least 6 hours and I can still smell it close to the skin over 19 hours later, and that's after a shower. So the reformulation is still pretty good and not very noticeable

Upper East Side

This smell never goes away so make sure you love it before purchasing it.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I just sprayed an old sample of Lyric Man and the metal capped bottle I just purchased and I can honestly say I don't see a difference. With that said, Lyric Man is probably the best rose based fragrance on the market. As with all Amouage Fragrances, Lyric Man is very well blended. The rose note on Lyric Man is very realistic, however it's not a feminine rose. This may be due to the incense note hanging in the background. During the opening of Lyric Man, you get a blast of Rose and incense with a light touch of citrus. During the mid point, the fragrance gets soapy, but the rose note still hanging. Longevity is incredible. Lyric Man was still on my skin after a shower. In terms of Sillage, it's pretty potent. You can wear this all season as well. Don't believe the reformulation hype and give Lyric Man a try.

Platone
Platone

More angelica than rose. Then a little bit of pine needles. Not so durable on the skin as i want
very refined, adorable with foggy days

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I agree with yuresh. Lyric Man is absolutely beautiful and elegant, intoxicating and hypnotic. I am a rose lover and Lyric Man is just sophisticated and done very well. I really do not smell any citrus here. I smell roses, roses, incense and spice. I have the one with the magnetic cap. Lasts up to 10 hours on my skin and on my clothes, it lasts forever.

yuresh
yuresh

i just dont get all this fuss about Lyric being reformulated....ive got same magnetic cap one and that juice is nuclear....projects at least 5-6 hours and last way over 12!!! not to mention that one clothes stays for days! i got my jaacket from my closed after one month and the smell was still there and loud! so i dont know but in my bottle and dont think i have reformulated juice! or maybe ive got first magnetic bottles with the vintage juice in them...i was expecting the plastic cap one when i ordered it but it came in the new redesigned model and i was really surprised because then i wasn't aware about they changed the design...that was in february last year if i remember well!!!! i dont know abot recent batches but mine is MAGNETIC CAP NEW ONE and it is outstanding!!!!!!!!!

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Just to confirm what others are saying, the reformulation of this scent demolished its soul. It's an embarrassment to the Amouage house.

Lyric Man was once an impressively complex, deep, natural-smelling explosion of silky smooth rose petals with a top of lime and a background of incense and musks.

Now, Lyric Man is a cheap, synthetic, one-dimensional crapfest that smells like those Valentine's Day candies that can be purchased in bulk for less than a dollar.

This should have been discontinued rather than reformulated. Lyric Man is yet another casualty in the IFRA's war against art and culture.

ddadam
ddadam

This is too feminine. The rose is strong and clean. the vanilla is nice, the citrusses are well blended. Very good indeed if you like roses.

AnnaJnobile
AnnaJnobile

Unfortunately, with the arrival of the magnetic caps, Amouage has reformulated (and killed) this heavenly fragrance. Before, this was a hypnotic scent and deserved 10/10. The current version (magnetic cap) is not worth what it costs.

landshark321
landshark321

Citrus, wood, and rose in Lyric Man make for a versatile, interesting combination---grounded but overwhelmingly heavy, and fresh but not too light to be considered an exclusively summer scent. One of its best qualities is this 12-month versatility, at least based on my initial impression. Beyond the citrus opening, Lyric Man is kept light primarily by pine and a combination of floral notes. I don't detect the incense, the heaviness instead coming from the rose / wood combo, though perhaps the wood is created by the incense. My main criticism of the scent itself is that it becomes powdery in the dry down, which I realize may be a plus for others, but is almost universally a negative for me.

I find Lyric Man mainly disappointing in its projection, though, as the Amouage EDP concentration and price ($260 for 50ml) foster an expectation of something much stronger. It projects about as much as most EDTs. Its longevity, though, is a little more promising, at 6+ hours, though it's mainly a skin scent toward the end. Still, the fragrance itself is mostly pleasant, just not one I'd remotely consider buying at its price.

7 out of 10

kl99

I find this fragrance nice, very well balanced with defined milky notes of rose and little spices but nothing exceptional here. This not give me real emotions or something special that make you say: wow! To me smell similar like many other female fragrances and some precious cleansing milk. I presume many men never test perfumes for woman that's why they find Lyric unconventional, but I don't.

Upper East Side

Woooooo!!!!! The quintessential spring fragrance.

Joeymaz
Joeymaz

Are you wearing this for you or to get attention from others? I find this fragrance to be so beautiful. It truly is a rose fragrance for a man to wear proudly.

houstcs
houstcs

Am I the only one who gets a weak aqua Fahrenheit here?

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

I find this to be a very unusual rose fragrance
for men ( in a good way). The Rose is in the background.
Its citrusy incense scent mainly. And certainly stands
apart from other Rose/oud fragrances that has flooded
the market.
Its good value for money considering the magnificent
smell, longevity and sillage. It lingers on in an
unitrusive way.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is a cool crisp herbal rose with lots of lime and incense.

The lime sticks around for a really long time on me, I do find rose and lime a bit of a weird combo but..I can deal with it.

There's something really herbal in here that smells like stems and kinda like galbanum a little bit but not as pleasant. I'm guessing that's the angelica?

I think it has an overall regal feel and something that an Arabian prince would wear.

The incense really starts to make it's appearance on drydown which I'm really thankful for. Roses and Incense? YES PLEASE! It still retains a certain amount of limeyness but the drydown is much more magnificent. A classy..not TOO masculine incense fragrance, tinge of vanilla and dark rose petals encased in ice.

That's how I feel about it. Would I buy a full bottle? Nah..not really my style but..glad I got to try it.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Magnificent scent smells like pure Ceylon black tea with juicy sweet rose sirup. After a day on the blotter I still smell black tea, the rose is gone and there appears citrus peel instead. Guys please wear this! Significant, original fragrance for every occasion. Awesome!!!

pingoon
pingoon

Rose and pepper, with modest sillage and long duration...worth its price tag?.... No!

esteban747
esteban747

This is a sublime perfume. It's not a light and airy fragrance, but it's so well executed that I can't find the right words to describe how perfect this perfume is.
The lime is perceptible for a moment in the opening, also a vague hint of rose, then it turns more peppery and spicy with the nutmeg, ginger and angelica while at the same time the rose develops and grow fast. Soon enough the rose is the winning note. I don't detect much incense or vanilla.
The drydown is a calm and serene blend of musk and sandalwood.
All this notes that at first may seem as impossible to work together, in this composition they are in full harmony, as if you open a window and the wind brings different smells from distant places.
I truly like it. It's sophisticated, elegant and mostly distinctive.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

That's a WOOOOOOOOW perfume , full of life full of elegance full of charm , a real scent of luxury , i am not a fan of roses for men , but lyric present roses in a really masculine attractive way , great combination of roses with incense made it fabulous . i just love it . chapeau bas Amouage

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Lyric Man makes us so confused that the rose is a chord of a specifically feminine scent.
Opening with an intense citrus and bitter lemon and the chord in seconds to a light and rich rose commanding any fragrance.
Yes, no doubt it is a scent that conveys femininity, but later this fresh and floral accord becomes warm with a kind of velvety, spicy and musky overtones what will become unisex.
Going to their base, which makes us conclude that its aroma should be shared, a chord of incense and appears a light hint of vanilla for enshrining the best flavor of a rose base fragrance I've ever felt.

MickeyB
MickeyB

I don't do many reviews as I don't consider myself a real expert on fragrances. I wear what I like and what I think smells good. That being said I don't have much to say about this except that I love it. I blind bought it along with Interude just because I wanted to try a couple fragrances from Amouage. I was extremely anxious to try Interlude and although I like it I have fallen in love with this. I think you can wear it anytime for almost any occasion and it has become my favorite rainy day scent. Just an awesome scent.

muzzbait

not everything should be attention-grabbing, even from amouage, but what this is is AWESOME. it's subtle, unassuming and not abrasive. it's noticeable and remarkable but NOT intoxicating. sometimes you just wanna smell nice, not overpowering. this is that scent. i love it because it's the sober ying to my other raging yang...

muzzbait

VanMarlton -- sotiriosc's review makes perfect sense. he's basically saying that whilst the perfume behaves like a top-notch scent, it does not have that 'wow' value there, there's no x-factor, if you will...

it's a safe, almost predictable rose-incense mix, and whilst it is WITHOUT flaw, it doesn't knock you out like memoir men or journey men does. it's incredibly detailed and nuanced, but it lacks that massive punch most amouages deliver, which is a little bit of a let down. that said, i seriously can NOT fault it at all...

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

Rose, one of the most expensive essential oils you can buy. Also, my favorite note in any fragrance. Lyric to me smells like your normal rose fragrance you can find everywhere. Opening is nearly imperceptible, all I get is a floral note missing all the things I love about rose. No spiciness, not very powdery and no bright citrus aspect. What I smell is a ferocious perfume. It will overpower most fragrances and has an aquatic feel I like. Unfortunately it smells good, its strong, long lasting power but does not have that special feel I look for.

NoiBoi
NoiBoi

A very fresh, cool and natural rose. Light in scent, but not in strength. The citrus compliments the rose very nicely, which makes it wearable in any climate.

I should stress the "cooling" effect this gives off. Like a walk in the garden on a cold cloudy morning.

Not masculine, but not feminine. It is what it is, and that is rose.

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

Cool morning dew on the rose.

The gentler and lighter, but still grand Amouage. It still has expected incense or woodsy notes, yet the house of Amouage showed here a softer side. Delicate and elegant, this wet rose is so nicely green - herbal and syrupy, quality given mainly by Angelica.

Like all other rose perfumes it is perfect for humid weather and my mostly warm, rainy summer nights, these days, are gorgeous with a Lyric. (I even don't miss a sun!)

For me personally, and as I see for a lot of other critics - it is (more) a feminine scent so:

4.5/5

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

3 from 5 - rose market garden. Very special fragrances, an excellent fragrances for women with high claim for a extraordinary fragrance, or for men with extraordinary favor who aim for a unique scent. It is such.
Lyric Man smells like a hot and humid forcing house for roses and also green blossoms. It nevertheless works noble and distinguished. There is some mere synthetic by-note in the drydown, which prevents a higher rating. Overall highly interesting and just very special, but not my personal preference style.

Brenao
Brenao

The worst Amouage to my taste. It's all about rose, it's the main star here, but very soapy. Not my kind of rose, I'm more into rose fragrances, like lumiere noire, Ny Amber...but here, it's very feminine. Works on girls, but I'll pass.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I am puzzled for I thought I had written a review for this already a few years ago when I first bought myself the travel set of all male Amouage creations, but it seems I haven't done so yet, or someone's deleting my stuff?

Anyway, this is a very interesting rose for it is in my view a COLD ROSE.

It is as if you cut a rose that just about had its bud opening and is therefore still a little bit green in smell. An unripe rose so to speak.

The green element(s) of pine in the base, that instant burst of bergamot and lime with that leafy, herbaceous angelica is just like a cold summer rain, when you get home and realise that you've forgotten to close the windows prior leaving in the morning.

The ginger, saffron and musk give it spice and a juicy, almost wet character, again emphasizing the cold, wet rose in the rain, that struggles to release its full throttle warm, deep, vanilla-rich aroma (as so beautifully captured in "Une Rose" by Frederic Malle).

What I find most amazing about this "cold rainy rose" is that is seems incredible spacious. As if you enter a humongous room in an art gallery, an 'artelier' that gives you agoraphobia for it is so vast.

It is almost like time stands still and you fall forward into a vast olfactory space.

An incredible accomplishment of "abstract perfumery". This is no ordinary rose. This is a Picasso Rose or at least a Joan Miro!!

10/10 for achieving the unachievable: a COLD GREEN ROSE. Perfect for those warm, humid summer nights for this will cool you, like a cooling satin sheet of bed linen when you cannot sleep.

I sampled this way back and couldn't remember what it was like which usually doesn't bode well at all. However, this is really special stuff and not your typical rose at all. I'm used to the heaviness of amber or oud with rose but Lyric adopts an entirely different approach.
It opens with a transparent fresh citrus lime zest which then instantly becomes a subtle powder and musk with rose infused gently like rosewater or something?
It has the galbanum and resiny incense feel of Amouage with a tiny tiny hint of smoke. The way this scent then works is a complex swirl of tiny hints of notes which change throughout the experience, so much so that I need desperately to get hold of some samples and wear Lyric properly.
This is an enigmatic, distinctive and beautiful fragrance well worth checking out.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is a beautiful mix of rose in a soft spicy way! I find it smooth without any sharp edges . A find this a great winter fragrance or evening fragrance ,black tie or suit. Rose is definitely the king in this fragrance and like every amazing lyric to any song it stays in your head! It's a beautiful fragrance but I am not sure the price makes it worth it. It sweetens on my skin so if you are a man loving sweeter rose than this is for you!

rob2b
rob2b

Reminds me of a rosewater scented cocktail. This is an undeniably beautiful scent and actually becomes addictive, but a pretty challenging frag for a guy to wear, as I am sometimes conscious that people around me might think I'm wearing women's perfume.

Definitely better for use in the winter when the bergamot, incense and musk dominate over the sweetness of the rose and angelica.

Certainly one to use sparingly - two spritzes are enough on me. Huge sillage and longevity.

**UPDATE: As with many fragrances, the fragrance output of this frag changes considerably depending on the state of your skin when you put it on. Applied to "oily" skin which has been left to settle down for a few hours after a shower, the musk becomes very potent and noticeable.

newbhead
newbhead

The nose pounding rose note throughout the life of the fragrance is astounding. To me, it is quite linear and feminine.
On the positive side, the rose note is rich and oozes excellence. Rose lovers will love this. Would be great on a women of 20+
It projects very well and lasts more than 7 hours.
All in all, its good but not bottle worthy.

Tiberasthomas
Tiberasthomas

All I will say is magic rose !!!! That is it!!!!! Do you need any thing else ???????

Marciu
Marciu

Beautiful oriental variation of the smell of rose petals.

At first it smells like a rose tea with big amount of citrus. But later on it's getting more and more oriental(whole bunch of spices swoops in - IMO mostly vanilla) and smoky. But the incense smoke is rather subtle and is at the background, detectable though. Base is creamy/soft and woody.

The smell is not loud, but people will notice you while you wear Lyric. Longevity is very good - around 12 hours on my skin.

One of the best rose frags out there - that's for sure!

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

Just when I told myself no more Amouage fragrance after jubilation for men, I was so wrong. Never did I expect myself to fall so deeply in love in lyric for men, especially since I am not a rose lover to begin with. The rose is prominent in lyric men! It is fresh, zesty and bright yet mysterious and captivating at the same time. I know it was love when I wore it for 2 weeks straight without realising it. It's so natural for me to reach out for it without any second thought. If rose is your thing, go for it. If rose isn't your thing, try it and who knows you might fall in love with it just like me.

slapdash
slapdash

Lyric is a fragrance in two acts.

The opening is so impossibly fresh, clean and vibrant for an Amouage that it could almost pass off as a cologne. There's even a suggestion of it being that dreaded 'A' word in niche perfumery: aquatic. Here, though, it's meant entirely as a compliment. The rose is dewey and light and the citrus brilliantly proportioned, but the addition of angelica and ginger gives Lyric distinctive depth and personality. Fifteen minutes in, I was making a mental note to put this on my spring/summer rotation.

Such a shame, then, that the latter half doesn't command the same attention. They say DNA doesn't lie, so it's far from a surprise when the incense and woods that are the backbone of Amouage offerings reveal themselves. Except compared to Epic, Memoir and Jubilation, here it's thin, flat and muddled, leaving you to wonder why there was ever a need to switch gears from such effervescent beginnings. At this stage, my sniff quotient had dropped considerably and I was left pining for what had come before. It's still nice, I suppose, but not wholly satisfying.

Those first couple of hours, though - absolutely wonderful.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

Tried this from a carded sample. All I get is sweet creamy rose with citruses. Sorry, I'm not a world class rose fan to judge it fairly.

Estebanz

Sometimes we try to save our most precious elixirs for those very special moments of our lives without realizing that every day of our lives is a special day,Lyric Man translates to Poems,Love & Romance.
Lyric Man makes me realize that every man has a softer side,a romantic and charismatic Romeo sleeps quietly in Our souls just waiting to be awaked.
Lyric Man is and always will be my favorite Rose,King Of Roses.

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is a nice rose based fragrance, but i have to say there are better rose fragrances for men around.

this starts of sharp and citrusy with the lime this quickly fades bringing the rich smooth rose with some spicy notes in the background. after about an hour it begins to turn into a more soapy and powdery rose whilst maintaining that Amouage dna aswell. good projection and longevity 6+ hours 7/10

this fragrance is unisex, its nice smooth, rich and unique. it can get cloying and almost headache inducing if over sprayed. but overall its good if you are not a fan of rose or borderline feminine fragrances then this is not for you. I do think if they added a bit of oud or something, it could have made it much more appealing to more men including myself. its a nice fragrance but as people have stated its a bit of an old womans scent

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I have been using a 3ml spray sample of Amouage Lyric Man obtained from MiN New York Haute Perfumery and I can't stop thinking about it.
It is a dry, slightly dusty, citrusy, very soft and powdery rose. Its ironic that I use citrus and dry in the same sentence because citrus is anything BUT dry. Somehow Amouage found a way to perfectly balance these notes. A perfect 10 as far as I see it in every category. This is not a sharp rose in the way Kilian Musk Oud hits your nostrils. Very sophisticated and exuberates class. I feel a sense of confidence wearing this fragrance unlike any other niche fragrance that I own (including Creed Windsor.) The fragrance gets better the more it evolves. I highly recommend it.....WIFE APPROVED!

DaZeD
DaZeD

Let me start about the general observation that this one is too feminine.

It has a feminine touch to it indeed, it's not a dirty rose scent, but clean and soft, like silk, i smell something like aldehydes among it which gives it a soft aura.

Especially in the opening it is pretty feminine in my opinion, and this might be very personal, but i see it as unisex, not for men only, personally i have no problems with that, it's perfectly wearable for a full bearded hairy alpha male as well, so it's not too feminine, but surely a little, it's just how your impression of feminine and masculine is.

Now about the scent, it's versatile, it smells warm and fresh at the same time, soft, but with good projection, subtle and gentle, and definitely sophisticated with lots of layers to pick up.

I think it's well worth the money, this is my first full bottle of Amouage and by what i smelled from the samples this is only the beginning, i'm deeply in love with this one!

The longevity is great on my skin, keeps on going for the entire day.
Sillage is good, not at all overpowering, definitely not offensive in any way.

The bottles are interesting as well, beautiful to look at, but the details that went into them are amazing.

The cap sits very tight around the neck of the bottle, preventing it to come off when you pick it up by the cap, the little crystal in the middle of the cap is also beautiful, even the box looks great, and there's even a card in it with a hand-written name of the person who packaged it.

A lot of great details which makes the whole experience complete.

I love this one!

Chri76
Chri76

This is a wonderful and opulent "floriental" fragrance.
The heart is made up of a dark, hypnotic, and creamy rose surrounded by an embrace of intoxicating incense and balsamic resins.
I do not agree with other reviewers who define it as too feminine ... I think it is simply a creation of "haute parfumerie", suitable for class men but that certainly is able to satisfy even the smell of refined women. The luxury does not have sex ... Currently it is my signature fragrance. Recently I wore it on the day of my wedding ... and each time I smell it, my mind goes back to that wonderful day and to my wife who loves the oriental and vaguely exotic aura that emanates from me when I wear it.
The persistence is remarkable as well as the projection, so two sprays on both sides of the neck are sufficient in my opinion.

neo_xx
neo_xx

a very deep rose and amber scent.
my opinion this is so attractive on the right man and the right ocasion.

only for special moments , longevity is very good also is projection

kkoun
kkoun

This is a straight up literally Grand mother's Rose perfume. It smells beautiful but for a woman older than 50. I wore it to test it out and eventually went to IKEA store and regretted wearing it. The opening is beautiful incensy sandalwoody rose but within few minutes or so it becomes a strong concoction of Angelica sandalwood Rose that is sickly sweet and heady and very powdery. I love Rose fragrances but with contrast as Fresh/dark ;patchouli/musky. Only for women above 50 or older men who live in middle east who wear such rose fragrances otherwise you will stick up like a sore thumb.

Oslo-fjord

Elegant, sensual and luxurious. Amouage Lyric man is REGAL!
Longevity and sillage? Nuclear power!

s11005593
s11005593

A very nice potpourri like rose scent....very long lasting....and unique!!!!

jhitt793
jhitt793

This is not a bad or unpleasant scent by any means. Opens with a prominent rose note which underlines the fragrance throughout. Overall it is quite linear, as I am barely able to perceive any of the accompanying notes over the resounding rose. I due detect slight nuances of the orange blossom and ginger, which seem to offer some sweetness. It is quite beautiful as rose scents go, but my overwhelming issue with this offering is it is unabashedly feminine. I understand it is difficult to create a 'masculine' rose scent, as the aforementioned flower comes with generations of connotations of the fairer sex. Unfortunately for me, I am unable to look passed these female underpinnings. (78)

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

This is love in a bottle...I cannot praise this fragrance enough! Romantic but still casual, very, very adorable scent! I always liked the king of flowers: rose, but this is naturally not considered as a "masculine' scent. Amouage is not following the line of mixing rose with harsh notes (like Montale's BLack Aoud, which is also an excellent fragrance but not in he same category). I like how this fragrance develops on my skin, starting with the fresh bergamot and lime and turns into a beautiful rose which dominates the fragrances all the time. It gets never boring, very versatile and can be wore all season! Very unique scent on the market!

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

Why why why do I not like this fragrance! Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful scent but the rose is way too strong. And it lasts forever. I'm very picky with rose. I'm not a fan but sometimes its used in a way I enjoy. And I so wanted to enjoy this but just can't get past that overly strong rose note. But its just not for me. Sadly because I think this bottle is amazing. One of the absolute best bottles I have ever seen.

demby
demby

Es la primera ves que uso AMOUAGE LYRIC Y!!!! ES sencillamente el mas hermoso aroma de rosas y ese ligero toque herbal amargo lo hace aun mas exquisito a mi olfato estoy verdaderamente embriagado de tan rico,sofisticado y sensual AROMA

ya probare otras AMOUAGE

trittoly
trittoly

Lyric man makes my day eccentric. lovely smell, I could wear it forever.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

This is for my first impression on the paper strip. I haven´t tested it on the skin yet and I suppose it will smell different there.

From the first second there ist intense rose. I somehow expected a dark and spicy rose but got a fresh and sweet one. A bit to feminine (though I like rose scents for man).
On the paper strip there's rose, more rose, lemon and bergamotte. Perhaps a hint of ginger. I don´t get a trace of the other notes, no incense, no nutmeg, no saffron, no galbanum, no musk, which would propably put some more manliness to the fragrance.
Sprayed it on 3 hrs ago and there´s still no development. It´s still a fresh, sweet rose, very clean, romantic, but to feminine.

BUT I had it before (with Amouage perfumes), it may smell very different on the skin, so I am still curious about trying it! If it would show more incense, saffron and nutmeg on my skin, it would be a nice, elegant man´s scent, a bit dandy, not very oriental, but manly ebough for me. If it smells like on the paper strip (and I´m not expecting that), I´d call it a woman´s scent.

I will edit this review after I tested it on the skin.

Edit:
after 20 hours the paper strip still smells insanely intense.

Edit 2:
on the fourth day after applying it on the paper it still smells more intense than other perfumes after 5 hours.. Well, if longevity on skin is only have as good and it would work with my chemistry (means is less sweet and feminine than on paper) I´d gladly pay the 260€ :-O

Edit 3:
Tested on my skin. It is less sweet than on paper strip. But unfortunetaly not much. It´s still mostly rose and the citrus notes. Not dark and mysterious. No wood, no musk, no saffron, no nutmeg and absolutely no incense. It´s less intense than on the paper strip, but still very strong and longlasting. Really a pitty, I´d loved it with less bergamot, less lemon, more incens, saffron, nutmeg and galbanum.

If it works with your skin chemistry, this is a real beast, when it comes to longevity and sillage!

bossontherun
bossontherun

This rose won't stop flirting with my skin and supprise me all the time I wear it. 10/10 for all aspects.

Vern437
Vern437

This is a very sexy rose fragrance. The rose is very masculine. I would put this after Noir de Noir and right before Rose 31. If your into rose scents, put this one in your collection.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * *

I'll be honest: I hold Amouage to a higher standard than other houses. They have produced so many world-class scents, I've come to expect near perfection from them.

I had high hopes for Lyric Man. Would it be the elusive masculine rose I've been seeking for a summer fragrance?

Sadly, no. Lyric Man is a bit of a miss, at least for me. It is certainly not unpleasant. It boasts the impressive longevity and sillage of a typical Amouage. It is unusual and pleasant enough, I suppose. But it lacks the power and bite I was anticipating.

The rose note is muted here, at least in comparison with the screechiness of Black Aoud and other synthetic florals. Within a few minutes of application, the rose took a back seat to a fluffy saffron musk scent that defined the fragrance for the next 6+ hours.

Overall, I found it strangely limp. Where was the incense? The sandalwood? The vanilla? The bergamot and lime citrus? I got none of that. Just a linear, Rose-Saffron-Musk that smelled vaguely feminine.

To me, this does not compare to the sublime Jubilation XXV or Opus VI. Those fragrances have a depth, a complexity, and a pungency that are completely absent in Lyric.

Sillage: 4/5

farang
farang

Lyric Man is *perfection* for me. I have tried many rose centred fragrances, but LM beats them all. It is a sophisticated rose with saffron, incense, a little bit of oud and many other notes, and the final result is beautiful, plush and long lasting.

It is the most elegant fragrance I have tried, and although it is centred on a flower, it is perfect for a man (no old woman scent this one, for sure).

AyameSapphire
AyameSapphire

Wow! It's been a while since I don't find a fragance so elegant, special and sensual.

Rose got the main character in here, quite difficult to make it masculine... And there it is, this perfume got it, Lyric!

kazewayz
kazewayz

This one smelled too feminine for my taste. It lasted a while on my skin. Quality fragrance for sure. Lots of roses, sweetness, creaminess. It has some powder in there and is fruity as well. Better on a woman in my opinion. Try it.

keedon
keedon

If you are expanding your knowledge on rose fragrances, man or woman, then this is a must sample. Lyric Man hits me as a rich fresh rose unlike other rose fragrances out there for men. It is not feminine, yet retained the rose's essence throughout. Its a toss between Lyric Man vs Portrait of a Lady By Frederic Malle for me as the best rose-centered out there.

10/10 all the way. Proves niche is worth the price.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Lyric Man calls to mind Czech & Speake's infamous Dark Rose, without the oud, and with a more complex, outdoorsy feel. This fragrance is interesting because in analysis, it clearly yields (thanks to fairly good note separation) lime, rose, angelica, pine, incense, birch, and musk. Yet despite its complexity, these notes aren't really proportioned out into a high-movement structure of top/heart/base.

Taken together, and with the evenly-blended delicacy of each element taken into consideration, Lyric simply smells like an open, healthy red rose, in full bloom, with a natural peripheral greenness and earthiness accompanying the headspace aroma of the flower. Most rose varietals have a sweet, tea-like, and slightly peppery fragrance, and that is what Daniel Visentin was trying to achieve. He achieved it. His perfume is probably the finest rose soliflore ever made. I very highly doubt that I'll ever encounter a better one. It just doesn't get any more natural and languid than this.

$tefanOud
$tefanOud

I tested this one today and its not mine cup of tea.mabey cause of my skin type but the only thing i smell is rose and there are so manny beautifull ingredients in it. After a while i smell rose with a bit of citrus.

Longtivity is great and sillage too but my skin completly makes a fool of the nice ingredients that are in there.sorry amouage not your mistake :-)

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

Very sad...very sad. I tried a third sample from Aedes de Venustas, Lyric Man, and had the exact same experience that I had with their samples of Epic and Jubilation. Their samples, in plain terms, sucked. With Epic, I barely got any scent and then it immediately died away. Same with Jubilation, I spritzed and got a whiff of what...Pinneaple? which immediately died away.

And now Lyric...sprayed this and had absolutely no scent. I was stunned to read this had rose in it! I picked up the t-shirt I had worn that day, and indeed, there was a smell of rose, but that's all.

I therefore can't really review this product, but what I can say, with perfect knowledge, is DO NOT BUY from Aedes de Venustas in New York City.
The reason I know their Amouage samples were bad was because I also bought 2 from Frederik Malle: Noir Epices, and Geranium for Gentleman (I think that's what that one is called), and they were perfectly fine...perfect sillage and projection. I actually scrubbed off Noir Epices because the scent was...well, let's just say not to my liking.

I informed them of their defective product, not wanting more samples, not wanting any money back, but just to let them know their products were substandard and would not be buying from them anymore. They wrote back saying they could assure me that those samples were good, and they guy checked them out himself and told me he cc'd Amouage! hahahahahahahaha (I had already written to Amouage myself :-D

Don't waste your money ad Aedes de Venustas unless you want some "ghost scents."

Ani1978
Ani1978

Sampled this beauty today and ohh gosh i like it better that the woman version this is amazing definition of the rose and reveal fantastic on me.

rzetzm
rzetzm

An utterly breathtaking rose with a very faint incense appeal - to be smelling like appropriate, clean royalty. In essence, I get mostly the rarest of rose petals (read: I get rose without SCREECHY ROSE). Like a fantasy girl's boudoir would smell. Powdery and light, while remaining fascinatingly cloying with the rose petals. That certainly shouldn't be off-putting to most males; it does, however, limit it's use in my perfume closet. Turns a little soapy but in a good way on my skin upon drying. One of the most beautiful renditions of rose that I have encountered.

mahsam.raza
mahsam.raza

Yesterday was the 1st time I used Lyric Man. Didn't actually like the opening, but after about 10 minutes this turned into a very heavenly smell. I mean WOW.
I wen't out clubbing yesterday and I got like 10+ positive comments on the way i smell, this is the 1st time this has happened to me. Really amazing and high quality stuff. Give it a try if you're a rose fan, the rose here is very sharp guess that's cuz of the lemon. but an amazing scent. I got approx 12 hrs and it projected all night long from 10 PM all the way till I came back home and slept which was around 4 AM

a 5 star from me, Lyric Man will be always in my collection!!

Duver
Duver

Soapy (don't like it) and a quite feminine (don't mind it).

Rose is a indeed a very sensual and elegant note. If one has had little experience smelling rose fragrances, they will find this one excelent.

Other rose fragrances I have smelled are richer (Lumière Noire, Rose 31 and Black Aoud, for instance) and my nose just tells me Lyric is one (or more) step(s) below them.

Estebanz

Alright So I Most explain Why Amouage Lyric Man is my No. 1 Spring & Summer Fragrance in my Collection: Lyric has the Ability To Reach Far Away with a Powerful Strength/Projection,The silage is Terrific,The Smell Stays in the Air for a long Time after you pass By Someone,There is a very Powerful Note Of LIME that Dances With the Rose adding Light and Freshness to the Rose,not only that But the Incense is Just heavy enough to maintain the Power of the Scent going for Hrs an Hrs,The Lime almost evaporates as the Hrs go by,but the smell of it,the spirit of the Lime Stays untill the End with the Rose,The Strength Of Lyric is Enormous But the Smell is Friendly,Unique,Refreshing and Sophisticated,Not Your Typical Grocery Store generic Rose Scent,This fragrance Takes A high Level of Class and Sophistication to be pull Off,When I Purchased my Bottled of Lyric From Min New York,I was on the Phone with Mindy from Min,a Lady with Class and Knowledge,and She was Telling me That I was Purchasing one of Her 3 Favorite Fragrances Ever,and I can totally see Why that Is,Lyric Man is Not Feminine as some people had mention before,but instead a Fragrance for a metrosexual Stylish Mature Men with a sense of Fashion and Personality,Last but not least,Lyric is one of the Few Fragrances in my collection that not only has gotten me Compliments,but instead Crazy unusual positive Compliments,the Type that will make a Man Blush...And It's Uniqueness an Unusual smell just sets it Apart From the Generic Wannabes.

ckman2011

فوحان رائع
يصلح لجميع الأوقات
شكرا شكرا أمواج

Cleanser milk/tonic rosewater.

I believe a 75 years old woman would look great and elegant wrapped in this scent.

There are a lot of hetero men that are gorgeous with Black Orchid of Tom Ford.. but this one...

It smells like a concentrate version of Ombre Rose de Jean-Charles Brosseau and a bit Heliotrope de Molinard.

Estebanz

I FINALLY FOUND THE PERFECT FRAGRANCE!!!
Let me explain how this happen.
When I first got to experience the Niche House of Amouage I went straight to the Infamous masterpiece:Jubilation XXV,I steel remember I was amazed by the Golden Oriental fruity fragrance,right there and then I realized Ive found the best Niche House ever,then After that I decided to begin a journey to descover the other offerts from the House on the Mens Section,My second experience was almost unreal after I tried Epic,the experience was almost alive on my skin the perfect combo of Incense,Pink pepper and Oud,with the spicy oriental notes of Saffrom and Nutmeg to make this fragrance feel alive on my skin,green incense,how only Amouage can do,then I went to The Dark Evil Memoir man,this one was so Dark a unique experience that happens once in life,The combination of Absinth and Frankinsence Leather and Woods,strong and Dark like Storm,seductive and manly,with no sweetness at all,then The next experience was Suave and Delicate like how I Imagine the Angels will Smell in Heaven,Reflection Man,the perfect combination of Creamy Sandalwood with Soapy clean pure Neroli and the most angelical smell there is...Jasmin,absolutly beautiful,pure and White,then I got to experience the Power of one of the most bold unique fragrances Ive experience in my life,the turn was for Interlude Man,A Combination of earthy spicy green oregano with Incense and oriental fruity spicy opoponax,and leather to create the ilussion of a campfire on the darkest forest at night time after a rain,just WOW,hard to described each one of this crown jewels,But it wasnt until I encounter the magnificent Red Bottled of Lyric Man,the moment I sniffed Lyric for the first time I was mesmerized,at that moment I realized that I had found THE PERFECT FRAGRANCE,This is the perfect combination of Rose with notes that usually dont work/combine well together such as Lime,bergamot and Incense but Amouage managed to make it work perfect and build a masterpiece fro
m the ground,The opening of super citrusy Rose with spicy nutmeg and ginger is perfect for the hottest summer days in Florida,and the citrus notes last and last and last,its not even funny,but is not just rose and citrus,on the middle of the fragrance Angelica comes to play and adds a grassy Floral quality to the fragrance along with just the perfect amount of Neroli/orange bloosom to add a clean soapy vibe to the fragrance,and as time pass by Incense and vanilla beggin to dominate adding a powdery sweet touch to the magical Rose,this is a fragrance that last 10 plus Hrs every time I wear it,projects a lot and consistent for as long as it last and its happy and sexy and fresh enough to be used on the summer and it has the body,incense and sophistication to be wear on the coldest Winter and also on any type of occasions,such as Dates,Funerals,get together high Class event Etc Etc.This is a piece of Luxury that cost 300 dollars but you get what you pay for,Smell,uniqueness,performance,sophistication,versatility and compliments,What alse can I ask for???,This is a perfect fragrance.
Author: Rene Zayas.

oliver1h
oliver1h

Wow, I am not really into rose fragrances, but this one has a superb quality. For my nose (note that it is an amateur nose), the rose and the citric/fresh notes are the most dominant (lime and bergamot) with a hint of incense. Could be labeled as unisex in my opinion. A sensual, intimate scent from Amouage.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I had heard so much about this, but when I tried it I honestly felt that it smelled like a cake of Yardley English Rose soap after about 20 minutes.

darrshan77
darrshan77

Review of Darrshan

absolutely beautiful ,yes a little oriental but never loses its main focus on rose, its sophasticated and has a great longevity on clothes and skin. rich and elegant rose scent a little deep not on ur face rose scent like others,

Nicely
Nicely

buy 2 ml of this and reflection man, for 6.50 dollar for 2 ml, expensive.. i smell this now, to me this is one of the deepest smell, niche fragrance ever. To me the smell: mmm, Its warm strong and deep, the quality in this one, is better than reflection also better than epic man, projects strong on me wrist, longevity. About 8 to 10 hours on my wrist, (easy 8 hours) is it sexy, yes it is! Also al little bit floral to me!

Longevity:8.
Projection:8.
Smell:8.

Kain
Kain

A fresh floral scent which isn't masculine in my opinion but it's quite pleasant.
The opening is fresh and very clean rose scent mixed with hint of spicy notes in the background and slight sweet notes.
The rose note here is not dark and strong like Montale Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31 or something like these guys.
It's very smooth and light.
After around half an hour or so, the scent become sweet and I can smell other floral notes beside rose. the opening was unisex I would say, but dry down is completely feminine.
The floral notes in dry down smell like white and pink flowers and give you completely a feminine scent which is quite annoying and personally I can't stand it!
Also the smell isn't unique and different enough to pay almost $300 for a bottle! nope, not for me!
Projection and longevity is above average.
يه عطر بر پايه گل رز كه خوشبختانه بوي عطر مشهدي نميده اما بوي كاملا زنانه اي داره و به نظر من اصلا مردانه نيست
مردانه هاش همون عطر تي رز هستن كه حال آدمو به هم ميزنن
اين متفاوت و ملايمه بوش اما ديگه خيلي زنانه هست
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي بسيار شاداب و تقريبا طبيعي و ملايم گل رز هست كه مقدار بسيار كمي رايحه هاي تند اونو همراهي ميكنن
بوش خيلي ملايم و دلپذيره و اون يه مقدار تندي باعث ميشه كه يه مقدار حس مردانه بگيره بوي عطر
اما بعد از حدود نيم ساعت اون تندي كامل از بين ميره و شما يه بوي نسبتا شيرين گل رز دارين كه خيلي ملايمه و علاوه بر اون رايحه گلهاي ديگه هم بهش اضافه ميشن
رايحه گلها و بوي مياني در كل حسي مثل بو كردن گلهاي سفيدو صورتي رو به شما ميده كه حس كاملا زنانه اي داره و به هيچ وجه مردانه نيست
در كل بوش هم اينقدرها خاص يا با كيفيت نيست كه بخواين حدود 600 الی 700 هزار تومن بابتش پول بدين
پخش بو و ماندگاري متوسط به بالايي داره
به نظر من ارزش خريد چندان بالايي نداره و من شخصا توصيه نميكنم بخرين
اما در نهايت سليقه و بودجه شماست كه تصميم گيرنده هست

midos
midos

I have a sample of this one! and what I can really distinguish in the first spray : ROSE & MUSK !!!then developed to (smoky rose musk) with: sandalwood, incense & vanilla in a little quantity.
It's beautiful modern men fragrance! actually this can be considered as unisex Perfume !
this is an evening & night perfume!
not every one will like LYRIC, only if like rose's aroma!!!
conclusion: Love it, it is my cup of tea and I am gonna buy it!

Oslo-fjord

Lyric man is almost a regal fragrance. One of the most stunning male rose fragrance i can think of. Unisex, but leans more over to the masculine side of the scale. Perfect for a formal dinner, an eveninng at the Opera, or a suit and tie event. You have to radiate a certain style and good manners to wear Lyric. For the (gentle)man with sense for luxury and style.

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

very sweet rose along ith saffron, amber and arab incense. overall a lovely fragrance but not oriental and woody enough for me.

ronaldbhtong
ronaldbhtong

Lyric is warm, dark, romantic and elegant perfume. Women seems to be attracted to it's confidence and sophistication. I had three bottles of it until I found a replacement of Burberry Body for women which smells similar with lower price.

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

a beautiful aroma for those who like Roses, as a lot of Asian, Arab men love that type of aroma I also like it but not as much as Jubilation and Epic..
If you are a man who loves the aroma of roses this is for you!!

jae
jae

This is one of the MOST beautiful perfumes for men. So beautiful, in fact, that women want to claim it for themselves. You know, never mind the history of roses and men.
Everything is JUST RIGHT and I'm glad to finally have this in my collection.
I could give roses to my dates all the time. But wouldn't it be better to smell like them, too?

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

A truly magnifi-scent Rose from Amouage!! I bought this at Dubai Duty Free yesterday ( I went a bit mad at the Amouage stand and carried off Opus V too!!) and it was really love at first sniff ... so much so that I went into the bathroom just after take-off to wash off my other tests as best I could and gave myself a thorough dousing of Lyric! Two of the cabin attendants (one male and the other female) complimented it vociferously and were never far away, offering champagne and warmed nuts. It lasted beautifully for the duration of the 8 hour flight I was on ...

As others have said, the rose here is deeply sophisticated ... lifted gracefully by the bergamot at the top and then supported faithfully by the incense and vanilla down below. It's so good it's almost edible!!!

Fragrance often transports me to places in my immagination, and this one takes me to a lavish ballroom ... all crystal chandeliers and gold fittings, with damask on the walls so richly red that it's almost like fine red wine spilled on the whitest silk. Couples whirl gracefully on the polished parquet floor ... the men handsome in their tails, the ladies ravishing in their ballgowns, bright and twittery as a flock of exotic parrots. Sigh ...

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I’m not sure which version this sample is, but based on the notes I smell I suspect it is the “men’s”. In any case, it’s not blatantly at one end or the other of the gender spectrum. At first, it’s a strong, citrusy, fruity rose with undertones of woods. After the first 20 minutes I smell an excellent sandalwood note in the base along with some vanilla. If there’s incense in the mix, it’s downplayed.

To me, this is a sexy sandalwood scent with top notes of a bright, full, citrusy rose. Sillage at first seems low to moderate once the top has burned off, but it gets a second wind at some point and is actually pretty strong for a few hours. I like the rose-y opening and I love the sandalwood middle phase. I’m not so crazy about the final drydown, which is a slightly soapy, powdery, fruity-floral skin scent that lasts all day.

spirit966
spirit966

I really like this as a warm weather rose fragrance. I'm not too keen on the opening as it smells lacking in penetration and precision. But the mid and dry down, along with the incense + rose + vanilla is really beautiful.

Its a very very romantic scent.

I don't know if its just me, but I don't find this fragrance to have strong projection and sillage and given that it only spritzes very little, I usually spray myself 4 times (1 spritz here is like half of a Creed or Frederic Malle or Le Male).

The other 2 rose scents I have are Une Rose and Portrait of a Lady. Une Rose is a earthy sinister one and Portrait is a goth oriental. Une Rose does smell the closest to a pure rose, but I sometimes question where this fits in a collection (romantic? assertive? oriental goth?)

Of the 3, I think Lyric Man is the most romantic of the bunch along with Lumiere Noire (but this is a green/pink rose).

kdlehr
kdlehr

dark roses musk and incense
nice nice nice
a little bit camp for me but what the heck
its the feminine side of me just wants to embrace this one love it

Papi
Papi

Piece of art that is, I knew other works of Amouage but this one is completely different !

9.5/10

gregmech26
gregmech26

Light, clean, and soapy fresh. I love spraying this on me right after taking a shower. It smells like a bar of rose-scented soap you would find at a 5-star hotel. Kind of a grandma smell, but I like it. Very unique. This is a dry, light-as-air type rose, as opposed to the dense, ripe rose found in Bond No. 9's West Side.

Lyric Man is listed at over $400 on the Amouage website, so I would advise sampling before you buy as many will find this fragrance way too feminine for their liking. I, however, love Amouage Lyric Man!

The only other scent I wear is Creed Virgin Island Water. They both have exceptional quality ingredients, and they don't leave a nasty aftertaste of alcohol in the drydown.

Imagine mixing a bar of Dove white soap with unsweetened bitter rose petals. It's just as soapy as it is rosey. I love it!

Grottola
Grottola

Dark, rich roses. Definitely unisex but not too feminine for a man. This is another Amouage that I wouldn't buy for the price, just because if I wanted a masculine rose I'd rather wear vintage Ungaro III or Iquitos by Alain Delon.

marioslg1
marioslg1

a wonderful rose scent with a soap and spice. it is not a pure masculine scent although in eastern culture, the rose is considered masculine. an interesting perfume but not masculine. the longevity is great like all amouage perfumes but i prefer epic/jubilation xxv and reflection. Memoir is also interesting and unigue.

caliking
caliking

Smells so rich and epic

I couldn't stop smelling the tester strip

dark withered rose's about to turn black, lying under a quilt of incense

This is a fragrance fit for a SULTAN!

Imagine taking ruby GEMS and throwing them in a blender than wearing the ruby juice, that's what your doing when you wear this

Adorn yourself with this GEM you wont be dissapointed

Galleddrim

Hmmmm . . . this one is a bit too medicinal smelling for me. After smelling Lyric Woman, I was expecting something . . . more, I guess. Oh well. At least I know. If I ever get a full bottle of Amouage, it will be either Jubilation XXV or Epic Man.

Here wo go again! I like to smell perfumes but most of all I like to wear them. Lyric Man is honestly a good scent, virtuously crafted to show its immense beauty but it doesn't match with my taste. Everything is surrounded by a polished, sophisticated and almost formal rose note I cannot stand. I like rose in male scents when it's rough, wild and almost disturbing (i.e. Montale's Black Aoud) because when it's too graceful it inevitably brings to my mind of those super chic, anti age creams for agé mesdames (I know it's my problem). I like to smell this one but I don't feel comfortale wearing it.

Definitely worth a try if you're into rose fragrances as it's superbly crafted!

Rating: 7-7.5/10

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:

Top: A short burst of citrus and florals which is potent if smelt to close to your nose. 1-5 minutes

Middle: Well done floral, with muted woods, muted green and muted spice. 4-5 hours

End: lighter version of the middle. 1-2 hours

Men's fragrance? I think this can be worn by a lady too!

I have yet to try the ladies version, but I have a feeling it has the same vibe with this one XD

I can't take this scent, it has alot of floral in this.

It is a well done fragrance, really, I scent this one time and I know they did it very well, but for some reason, this is not for me.

Maybe when I get older, I will revisit this.

Very professional scent to me, this is a function scent. Going for wine drinking, going for operas, going for a comedy scent, any place cold with people around, and people will be wondering what are you wearing XD

My rating:

Scent: 3 (well done scent, but there is some vibe in this that is been scent before)

Sillage: 4 (incredible, this will project with 2-3 sprays max)

Time length: 4 (7-10 hours on my skin, great projection for the first 4 hours)

Occasion: 2 (functions, functions, and more functions)

Base on mathematics: 3.25/5

bronstein
bronstein

Without a doubt this one's a subtle one, but I'm not convinced yet, as this one smells at the moment a bit too feminine to be worn by males. Perhaps I'll come back on that later.

***

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

fantastic rose
it is kind of magical scent, this one could be a way straight to alice au pays des merveilles tellement it is fantastic and sitorting reality in the litterary meaninig !
a rose, romantic and naive but it is also very sad and makes me think of persons who love and enjoy to be in love with someone knowing he or she dosnet love them in turn but they still love even more !
a kind of sacrifice of love this scent inspire to me !

Mogie
Mogie

This is such a fresh clean smell. This would be a perfect scent for those cool early spring days where everything just feels kind of fresh and new again. This is what this scent makes me think of. It's not my typical scent, but I could see myself making this a regular day scent.

I think it is the best fragrance I have ever had the pleasure of trying

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

This is one of the most beautiful and sensual mans scents that I have ever experienced.

4xxx4
4xxx4

i really don t aunderstand why this scent should cost so much, that it already cost,,,this is simply rose scent for me, and deeeeeefintelly not worth its price...sorry, i don t like this one

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Great scent! Pretty I should say. But, I don't think this one is better than Creed or Montale stuff. And Amouage are the most expensive of those! I don't think I will pay 400$ for a 100mL...

I can pay up to 200$ per 3,3 oz but 350$?!?

edit: yes this is equally good as any Creed or Montale. Amouage doing great stuff...but again, at a ridiculously high price!

I WANT THIS BADLY!!!

megannsmom
megannsmom

My hubby had a job interview today and I had him wear the sample of Lyric Man I have. He loved it, until I told him how much it costs per bottle. Then he said, "Hmm, no wonder it smells so good!" He kind of got a kick out of knowing he was wearing such an expensive scent; I think it gave him an aura of confidence and sophistication. I know it gave him an aura of sex appeal! This is a scent that exudes an almost royal confidence; deep and rich and hauntingly beautiful. I have a sample of the womens version and love it just as much, but I would also wear the mens version.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

I agree with Tinux , it's almost hypnotic . It's so beautiful I wish it was more readily available. I prefer it to the female version.

mightytaurean
mightytaurean

a fresh and warm, dark and transparent green spicy rose oriental fragrance with a sustained aqueous facet and discreet powdery one. Has a subtle and elegant personality to it, with a great design for a bottle.

tinux
tinux

I think it's magnificent smell. Two weeks I was on a high and like a right idiot take this bottle everywhere. It's wonderfool for womens