Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Beloved Amouage for women
dislike

leather
Beloved Amouage for women Pictures

Beloved by Amouage is a Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Beloved was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Bernard Ellena. Top notes are lavender, jasmine, rose, clary sage, chamomile, cloves and cardamom; middle notes are immortelle, labdanum, ylang-ylang, patchouli, benzoin, olibanum and violet; base notes are musk, sandalwood, cedar, vanilla, castoreum, civet, leather and ambergris.

Lavender Jasmine Rose Clary Sage Chamomile Cloves Cardamom

Immortelle Labdanum Ylang-Ylang Patchouli Benzoin Olibanum Violet

Musk Sandalwood Cedar Vanilla Castoreum Civet Leather Ambergris

Cassini
Aromatics Elixir

Beloved Fragrance Reviews

alahoop
alahoop

Seriously love this one. It's a beautiful spicy, woody, floral blend. I don't notice this changing on me as much as some reviewers have mentioned. It's a little fruity in the beginning, and I get more incense toward the end, but other than that, it doesn't change a whole lot. I don't get anything leathery or animalic, but I'm not disappointed because I think it's gorgeous just as it is.

It seems really well blended, so that I have a hard time picking out any individual notes. I would agree with previous reviewers who said it has a vintage feel to it. It seems very grand and heady. Beloved leans feminine, but I think a man could easily wear it too. It lasts all day, and lingers on clothing.

I've only worn it in the winter. It seems like a perfect winter scent, but I am anxious to try it in the summer after reading comments here about how nice it is in warm weather.

digitaldiva
digitaldiva

At 7am Beloved was a dry musky spice showing heavy benzoin with lavender, dusty sage,cardamom and civet. I wondered why the fuss about this exorbitantly priced fragrance that reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen spice. At 11am it was moody daring and intriguing. Cedar and dry herbal spice moving and heating up into a deep rich and dry musky essence with hints of vanilla and violet notes. Different, intriguing beguiling and nothing in common with 7am. By 5pm this was a completely different fragrance.It had become rich floral sweet like summer, not like candy scent. I might have sworn I wore 3 different fragrances instead of one. It is astonishing. This is an artful composition that moves across your personal timeline to deliver a rich creamy sweetness so totally different from its beginning you will doubt its the same substance you started with in the morning. I would have expected the sweeter floral notes to open first. Instead the dry musky sandalwood and benzoin base lasted 4 hours. Leather and old parchment. Then a transition into vanilla rose and violet. Followed by an incredibly sweet drydown that is almost lickable. Not for everyone. These types of scents need a good bit of time to open the modern world doesn't grant.

Or you just have to get up really early.

angel6
angel6

About 30 years ago I got a bottle of Vivre by Molineux
as a gift and I remember the smell that I miss so much as it's been discontinued, Beloved smells the same as vivre. I'm in Melbourne at the moment and just got a bottle of Chanel's Coromandel and I wish I had another AU$500.00 that's the price they want for beloved in here. If you ever loved Vivre this is a real dupe. Highly recommended. 10/10.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Oh WOW, this one just blossoms in hot weather. I must admit I wasn't that sold on it when I first got my sample but now, just WOW, simply W O W !!!
I do realise this is not much of a review but at the moment am too much in an awe to be objective. I WANT this bottle now, then I will review properly, I promise.

Edit:
So I have shelled out for this stunning scent and here I am, a month later, still loving it, wearing it almost daily, being obsessed about it and having near enough anxiety attacks and withdrawal symptoms when not wearing it. Yes, this is the effect it has on me.
I particularly love the opening, slightly sharp but sweet and musky rose that lingers on for about an hour or two. It works very well in hot weather like I mentioned above and strangely enough, it smells completely different on a cold cloudy day.
Yes, this Amouage is a serious contender to become my beloved Amouage.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

This is actually a very difficult review to write so bear with me.

Beloved is gorgeous. Wait, I mean its GORGEOUS!!!!!!! If you are a fan of classic french perfumery, then this is a must smell. Just forget about the pink box for a minute because lets be real, this is no pink juice!!

No one note overpowers the other, yet, you can smell them all. But every stage of the perfume drydown is fascinating and different, and a bit hard to describe. One of my favorite stages though is the clary sage/leather stage.

All I can think when I wear it is "wow I smell amazing!" to me thats the sign of a great perfume.

The downside is that the perfume is strong as all get out but, not right out of the bottle; its sneaky that way. Friends don't let friends overspray so trust when I tell you that you don't want to go that route.

I did indeed try 4 sprays which was 3 too many. It was VERY BIG, and you WILL leave one hell of a perfume trail.

On one spray, longevity is fantastic; this is not a short lived perfume as I clocked well over 12 hours. 4 sprays however a bomb. It lives on much longer on clothing for sure.

This perfume can be worn at all times of the year, but go VERY easy during hot weather. (though IMO hot weather does make it really shine!)

Expensive? Sure, but a bottle is likely to last a person a VERY long time! Those who are wanting a bargin should look around for it as its making its way through to discounters. As always, don't buy this blind, test it first and foremost.

jedikitty
jedikitty

Amazing classic scent and, to be honest, I don't even know which notes are responsible for my infatuation with this fragrance...

Although the overlap is minimal, Beloved reminds me a lot of my other fave, Miss Dior (original).
Both are what I call grown-up scents, perhaps even 40+ scents. No soapy florals and no sugary sweetness here so, my guess is, the much younger crowd will not like this juice; they might even call it old-lady'ish ;)

Beloved is refined, elegant, powerful - a well dressed, soft spoken female executive who runs a multi billion dollar company, who means what she says, and never has to repeat herself. Or apologize.

Beloved strikes me as an evening scent, that might work best at the opera, or a dinner at some fancy restaurant, or in the bedroom but, again, this is not a submissive scent. If you think about wearing Beloved to the boardroom, go easy; it is powerful.

Longevity: moderate
Sillage: moderate

Meche2011
Meche2011

Stunning...
This is the fragrance I have been searching for. Classy, elegant and sexy.

I can't fault a single thing about this fragrance. I only wish the price was more affordable.

I want to bathe in it and wear it every day for the rest of my life. I am in love......

Cereza
Cereza

BELOVED wants to be a classic old-school fragrance so much! I won't be even slide into details of how this develops, but I will just tell that if you love vintage, classic perfumes, you might want to give BELOVED a sniff. This is a nice cold, soapy musky rose fragrance.
BUT I do think that for Amouage BELOVED lacks something in the quality department, it lasted only 6 hours and did not deliver something new, it was very linear despite the 3284595 notes that there should be, I got only roses, musk and a hint of leather.

I think you will be better off sticking with few vintages not a bottle of BELOVED.

Herbal musky fragrance. Nothing remarkable. The high price of Amouge fragrances is a top secret to me. Not successful attempt to smell like classics(

suhaesa
suhaesa

simply divine.. intrinsic...sensual... frenchy..with an opulent flair.. a feminine richness.. of the 80ies.. with a modern touch.. and lightness.. within an array of some of the most seductive.. sensual.. evoking.. rich ..aromas known to mankind..clever..intelligent..sophisticated..yet down to earth..approachable..pleasant...
its fresh ..crisp.. yet subtle ..deep ..and rich.. almost luminous ...almost silky... a hint velvety..truly mesmerising...
its royal.. confident.. breathtaking..memorable ..sublime..its a beautiful connotation of ambers.. not the deep brown ones.. the lightest ambers.. the most precious woods..the soft white sheer musks.. the spiciness.. and the balsamic ness.. makes it almost priceless..fearless..reminiscent to many of the amouage line.. and their sublime royalty ..and finesse...and heavenliness...a perfume that takes u back in time ..to the top ten perfumes ever made.. with that secret amouage touch.. that make it ever so enchanting... mesmerising.. and on a class of their own..
it smells like nectarines ..and florals.. and ambers.. musks.. and woods.. but all in their highest form of being..elite notes ..on a higher accord ..not a dull down perfume.. its a bright sunny.. yet intrinsic.. connotation of mesmerising enchanting accords..
its a changing.. developing.. perfume.. the more it mends and blends with your skin.. the more it develops.. in to other realms of being ..transforming in to more enchanting notes.. that take you to where ever u want to go...metamorphosis of a perfume..is truly achieved in beloved..
and what better name than beloved.. for such a beloved master piece..it blends generation.. and bridges the gap between them.. as if it meant to let the newer generation what real perfumery smelled like ..in a day and age we live where synthesis is the main stream.. and natural sublimity is diminished...
amouge still holds its place among the few remaining companies that still use natural aromas.. and make some of the most precious perfumes you can smell.. similar to caron and a handful more..
what more can you ask for in a perfume..refinement.. class durability..longevity and silage .. and sensuality..a perfume that takes you across ages...simply divine...multidimensional...truly worth having

emily7
emily7

Fantastic, opulent, elegant, multi-faceted, refined smoky-herbal-animalic floral-oriental.
Old-school, fearless, womanly.
Immortelle immortalized.
Accompanying rose, musk, civet.
Is this liquid gold?
(or is it Amouage Gold)??

One thing I must admit, though; it is also a less butchy, yet far more complex and expensive version of EL Azuree Pure.

I believe both are almost perfect.

velb95
velb95

EN
Here was already said so much about the Beloved women, that anything else would be just a boring repeat. I would add only one thing none told here: it is also perfect for men (I know, that there is a male version of Beloved, but it has nothing in common with the "feminine" one). I think that also with this perfume Amouage follows its old tradition of creating the masculine and feminine version of perfume with the same name, but about of its ingredients, there's nothing here that will make him "only women's perfume."

IT
Qui hanno già detto così tanto riguarda il profumo Beloved, che qualsiasi altra cosa sarebbe un noioso ripetizione. Vorrei aggiungere soltanto una cosa non detta: è perfetto anche per i maschi (lo so, che esiste la sua versione maschile, ma non ha nulla in comune con quella "femminile"). Secondo me anche in questo caso Amouage segue la sua vecchia tradizione di creare sotto lo stesso nome un profumo maschile e anche femminile, ma riguarda gli ingredienti, qui non c'è niente che lo possa renderlo un profumo "solo da donna".

Nosina
Nosina

This is a modern and discrete version of aromatic elixir with more flowers and less oakmoss but it certainly stays bewitching with a shorter sillage and lifetime. It is not a linear scent,, the aldehydes go on and off and play with a mixture of camomille and rose. I love the delicateness and the different ways it reveals on skin from one day to another. You need to test on skin several times. An excellent surprise.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

This is a French style floral chypre, (which I find very refreshing) done up by the house of Amouage. The lavendar is brisk & does not run wild with the mix as in Ma Liberte for reference here, but the herbal aspect plays a nice harmony to the roses, & other flowers here. The base is just beautiful, warm, but not too sweet. Soapy for a moment & then gone. A well mannered finish, woody, balmy, & opulent like reflected candlelight in crystal. Slightly reminiscent of Coco, & other heady constructions. If you're intimidated by the big, oriental nature of most of these fragrances, this may be the one for you! I find it very clear, well balanced & easy to wear. A casual fragrance done to the highest standards. The lasting power is slightly less than the rest of the line, but still far more impressive than equally priced releases by other niche houses. If you're not into aldehydes, or big wafts of incense, this radiant floral beauty is for you! I think she's got me too, every time I test this fragrance I seem to fall in love with it more! I think this has made its way to the "must have" list ladies & gentlemen. One more offering by this Omani house that has impressed me yet again.

iivanita
iivanita

How can something be called floral with flowers only in the top notes:-) , amazing:-) ?

This is musky oriental, or oriental woody scent with resins and feminine sweetness, and a bit synthetic dry down:-) it does remind of musky heavy scents from 80s, the opening is very beautiful---but short lived:-)

Smells very modern though, not amalic at all, and i think very acceptable to wider audiance, smells more like chanel then Amouage

It feels lkie extrait and not edp only! Very rich and oily juice

elenakoles
elenakoles

I got Beloved today for our 30th wedding anniversary - and was moved to tears simply by the name, the brand and the concept... This is my first Amouage. I had heard and read about this perfume house but thought it would be too Oriental/exotic for me. Therefore I applied my first spray of Beloved with a bit of apprehension. It opened like a big beautiful flower and then bloomed and bloomed thoughout the evening, following my body temperature, to reveal the spices, the woods, the musk... always staying perfectly balanced (which is so important to me as a Libra), elegant and beautiful. Gorgeous! So classic and so modern at the same time! It totally rose to the dress-up occasion tonight, which was our celebration, and I think I will be comfortable wearing it in the office as well. It is discreet enough for that, but at the same time I think it will give me a lift - kind of like wearing outrageously expensive, sexy lingerie under a classic business suit... In a word - a tremendously uplifting fragrance. Thank you, hubby!

mylancome
mylancome

Beautiful floral perfume! The opening spray like the classic Estée Lauder Beautiful, but the dry down on the tester strip smell something familiar to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. A multi-layer floral perfume.

zsazsa
zsazsa

I like this a lot. I like it better than Gold and Dia. Like another perfumista said, it is rosy, spicy and musky. There is no strong smell of incense as in the other Amouages that I have tried and I find this a good thing. Longevity is pretty good and sillage is average. When a cannot smell it anymore, others around me say it is still there and it clings to my clothes and hangs around in my office. Does it deserve a hefty price tag? Probably not. But when my decant is finished, I will sure get another one!

9-na
9-na

Bitterness, spices... And the tiniest sprinkle of flowers. I like it.

TerryM
TerryM

Oh boy. Liked it alot when first applied. Love, Love, LOVED it after about 4 hours. Very rose/musk on me, with light spice. Absolutely gorgeous fragrance. Need to get my sis to split a bottle with me!

beata4u2
beata4u2

I already went twice to Harrods only purely for the purpose of smelling Beloved. It didn't disappoint, well, it actually made me want to go back again. I'm not good with describing fragrances - I can only say whether I like and want a perfume or not and if I feel good wearing it. And Beloved - is simply beloved, especially after an hour or so - I just love the way it radiates from the skin. So now I'm calculating: if I save £54 a month for 5 months I can get it right for New Year:-) I think I will - it's worth it.

Update: I bought full bottle at the end of October as I couldn't wait any longer not to mention until Christmas. There is something about this scent hat I absolutely adore. The aura of warmth it gives me, the way it makes me feel. And as insanely as it may sound I mostly sleep in it, a bit of waste maybe since I'm single, but hey... it's definitely too good for work. I think this is the most 'selfish' perfume I ever bought - I don't want to 'share' it with anybody. I don't want to be asked what it is, where I bought it and how much it costed. After all it's my Beloved and it's definitely not for sharing! :-)

BooRad0859
BooRad0859

A lovely fragrance that dances on the edge of unisex thanks to the sage and leather. If the sage had hung around longer before the jasmine waltzed in, this would move from a like to a love. The exorbitant price, however, means I will only be sampling.

Beloved by Amouage 4.00 out of 5 based on 117 ratings and 22 user reviews

AMOUAGE BELOVED for MEN by Amouage EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
AMOUAGE BELOVED for MEN by Amouage EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
AMOUAGE BELOVED for WOMEN by Amouage EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
AMOUAGE BELOVED for WOMEN by Amouage EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Amouage Beloved fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Amouage Beloved, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Beloved by Amouage. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Beloved by Amouage represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.