Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Beloved Man Amouage for men

Beloved Man Amouage for men
dislike

Beloved Man Amouage for men Pictures

Amouage has launched a new special edition fragrance for men sold exclusively at its standalone shops and a select number of department stores around the world. Beloved is a woody oriental fragrance with top notes of spicy black pepper and cardamom intensified with opulent floral notes in the heart. The fragrance was created by illustrious perfumers in Grasse France under the guidance of Christopher Chong, Creative Director for Amouage.

Chong explains that everyone has a remembrance of a loved one and This intimate fragrance enrapture the wearer in a comforting sensation of warmth that these treasured memories bring.

The aromatically sharp top notes of orange, grapefruit and elemi embrace an efflorescent mélange of geranium, jasmine, orris and saffron in the heart. Warm cedar wood, guaiac, leather, patchouli, musk and vetiver are richly woven in the intricate and alluring base.

Beloved is available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Beloved Man was launched in 2013. Beloved Man was created by Alexandra Carlin and Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann.

Pepper Cardamon Orange Grapefruit elemi

Geranium Jasmine Saffron Orris Root

Cedar Leather Patchouli Vetiver Musk Guaiac Wood

Whiskey

Beloved Man Fragrance Reviews

weaselize

I,m always looking for something that i can wear but doesn't make me the perfume man. This one can't grant me that. The scent just keeps going and going and soon i get enough of it. One spray on my arm lasted a whole day ( i've tried it before a couple of times but decided to give it a chance again). Even after a shower it kept projecting through my sleeve and it wasn,t a pleasant smell to me. It's a very linear and smoky scent. The smokiness isn,t appealing or anything but rather artificial smelling and quite disturbing. This is the kind of scent that when you wear it people will definately notice you and possibly say to eachother "whoo that guy sprayed some perfume what the hell"
I have not much good to say about this and i don,t feel the effort or interesse to give the words and this scent some extra time.
Red card

picknenders
picknenders

The most wearable and best smelling amouage that I've tried. This one smells like they stopped trying to be totally shocking and instead made something pleasing. Kudos to amouage.

landshark321
landshark321

Amouage Beloved Man is one of the less-touted fragrances amidst some of the giants that the house boasts, but I'd nonetheless heard enough good things about it from respected reviewers (and the overall consensus on it seems mostly positive) that I wanted to try it out, as I really like to the try the full spectrum of fragrances from respected houses (i.e. Amouage, Tom Ford, Creed).

Beloved Man is an aromatic with woody and citrus elements. The grapefruit and orange are, as identified, very much more evident in the opening, and it's in the opening of only a few minutes, maybe fifteen minutes at most, during which I enjoyed this the most.

After that it dried down into a woody, spicy, aromatic mix. It actually turns a little feminine (to me) with the iris and jasmine together, but the base is a little more masculine with patchouli, leather, and guaiac wood.

Unfortunately what turns me off to it slightly is the "stinky fruit" or "stale fruit" effect that I receive from it. There's a lot I like about it but too much I dislike. This is a good example of one that needs to be tried to be understood, as I cannot analogize it to anything else off of the top of my head.

Performance is decent, better than some of the lighter Amouages (but scents that I nonetheless love, like Ciel and Lyric) but certainly not on the Interlude level.

6 out of 10

NZFH
NZFH

Lacking in distinctive character, and that is one thing I look for in, nay, DEMAND from an Amouage fragrance. More like an ultra-high quality designer scent, very commercial. Nothing wrong with that, but I crave more, and need more, especially for this price tag. The dominant note I get is lemon, probably a combination of the grapefruit with the elemi resin. I don't feel the need to smell like this much lemon. Later in the development, more like lemon meringue pie ...

rnasim
rnasim

It's OK fragrance, nothing special, sweet dry down, comfortable, no smoke, no character, no nothing, very generic to my taste. There are better Amouages than this.

Kain
Kain

Amouage Beloved Man is something quite different from all Amouage line and surprisingly on bright side!
I'm not satisfied by the actual smell but to be honest I'm impressed with the complexity of it.

The opening of this fragrance is a fresh, zesty, juicy and mellow sweet musky grapefruit note with kick of the pepper and some sort of buttery feeling in the background. grapefruit is fresh but it's not tart. it's a little warm and sweetened by the note of musk. there is also some sort of buttery aura in the background that it might be the elemi note that gives the feeling and finally a little bit of kick by black pepper.
It's fresh, inoffensive and nice but nothing exciting either.

In the mid I can smell the same thing but a sharp and at the same time smooth soapy, green and kind of piny smell shows up plus faint floral aura completely in the background. this green and kind of soapy aroma mutes the sweetness a little bit and at the same time adds more fresh and kind of cooling vibe to the scent which is nice but suddenly after about 10 minutes or so disappears and now it's time for elemi note to shine!

In the base, when that green and soapy aura goes away, elemi gets stronger and prominent. it has a smooth sweet resinous, slightly bitter woody and soft spicy aroma that spicy part kind of reminded me of the smell of cinnamon! I can still smell citruses but completely in the background that only adds freshness.
Projection is good and longevity is around 8 hours on my skin. pleasant and very nice scent indeed but quite pricey for what you're gonna get. specially while it's more expensive than regular heavy hitters from Amouage!

آمواژ بیلاود من عطری هست که تفاوت های خیلی زیادی با عطرهای روتین و استاندارد آمواژ داره و برعکس همیشه این سری یه کار روشن و شاداب ارائه داده. شخصا از بوش خوشم اومد اما خیلی برام راضی کننده نبود. اما واقعا نمیتونم منکر رایحه کمپلکس و پیچیده اش بشم که واقعا به نظرم قابل تقدیره

رایحه ابتدایی عطر با بوی شاداب و آبدار و خوشمزه گریپ فروت آغاز میشه که رایحه مشک هم در کنارش به راحتی حس میشه به اضافه رایحه ملایم فلفل و یه حس خاص شبیه به بوی کره حیوانی یا همون کره صبحانه. رایحه گریپ فروت اینجا ترش نیست و به دلیل وجود مشک یه ذره گرم و نیمه شیرینه و البته یه تلخی ملایمی هم داره. رایحه فلفل سیاه خیلی آرومه و فقط در حدی هست که یه ته بوی فلفلی به عطر بده و در نهایت اون حس کره مانند احتمالا باید به خاطر رایحه صمغ المی باشه که جلوتر در موردش توضیح میدم. در مجموع شروع عطر بوی خیلی خوب و دوست داشتنی داره منتها خیلی هم چیز هیجان انگیزی نیست

تو رایحه میانی حس کلی عطر تقریبا همونه اما حالا میشه یه رایحه سبز، تند و تیز و در عین حال ملایم صابونی که یه جورایی آدمو یاد رایحه برگهای سوزنی درخت کاج میندازه حس کرد. این حس صابونی مانند باعث میشه شیرینی ملایم عطر بازم ملایمتر بشه و حس خنک و تلخ جداگونه و خاصی به عطر اضافه کنه که تغییر جالبیه. اما خیلی سریع بعد از حدود 10 دقیقه این حدودا از بین میره و جای خودشو به صمغ المی میده و حالا نوبت المی هست که خودشو نشون بده

تو رایحه پایه وقتی اون حس سبز و صابونی از بین میره صمغ المی قویتر میشه و افسار عطر رو به دست میگیره. شخصا تجربه ای از صمغ المی ندارم اما چیزی که میشه حس کرد یه حس صمغی شیرین، کمی تلخ و چوبی و یه مقدار ادویه ای هست که اون حس ادویه ایش منو یاد رایحه دارچین میندازه منتها خیلی ملایم. رایحه مرکباتی هنوزم قابل استشمامه اما نه به اون قدرت و شفافی شروع عطر. فقط در حدی که حس کلی عطر رو شاداب نگه داره
پخش بوی عطر خوبه و متوسط به بالاست و ماندگاریش هم حدود 8 ساعت روی پوست هستش که برای عطر خنک خیلی خوبه. عطر خوشبو و خوبیه اما به نظرم با توجه به چیزی که ارائه میده زیادی گرونه خصوصا اینکه قیمتش از عطرهای استاندارد و معروف آمواژ گرونتره

Shayan.k
Shayan.k

این عطر از اون عطر هایی هست که که تاپ نوت و نوت پایانیش خیلی خوش بو هست ولی نوت میانی ممکنه ما رو یاد مواد شوینده و بهداشتی مورد استفاده در حمام و استخر میندازه،نوت پایانی خیلی خوش بو هست و تا حدودی شبیه به عطر اونتوس میشه ولی شیرین تر ،این عطر یه حس آرامش لوکس و شاهانه رو بهتون میده،آرامشی که میتونین با دراز کشیدن رو تخت لب استخر شخصی خودتون داشته باشین،حس ثروت وآرامش

sani.axe
sani.axe

Listen to me. Amouage Beloved Man is a subtle, feminine-masculine fragrance(definitely for developed, loving alpha men). It is for people who are mysterious, womanizers, lovers... This is definitely for getting close and personal up to women.

It's like you emmit this aura of Love, Intimacy and Secrecy...

It doesn't SCREAM too much, it's not a strong per say fragrance... But it's there. It is so subtle, but it's definitely there... Encompassing you, every where you go.

This is high quality perfume, that doesn't have any kind of "cheap" or "overused" tone to it.

The smell it self is beautiful and tasty. I would call it something in the lines of >velvet chocolate<...

Personally I've fallen in love with this perfume... IT IS PERFECT for nights out, dates, and any social interactions which includes men AND females :)

Those of you who find yourself in this description, please get this perfume... And enjoy it :)

Previously I've worn Fahrenheit by Dior which is also a highly masculine perfume but is VERY STRONG and noticable!!!

vitaman
vitaman

Recently received the Amouage selection of 12 samples.
I's fun to spray a new scent, smell, then read other peoples experiences and then go back and smell again.
Within the 1st 5 minutes Beloved smelled like many designer brands that cost around $90 in your basic Department store. Very sweet and underwhelming. After reading reviews , people noted that they smelled Grapefruit, Cardamon, Patchouli, Musk, Gaiac, Woody accords, Smoky accords, and Cedar. I got none of those. I mean none at all. It is very synthetic smelling. This reminds me a little of Christian Dior Homme but to be honest the Dior is better blended and more enjoyable.
The 1st two I tried in the set were Epic and Memoir. They were both more of what I expected from such a revered brand. My wife was not impressed however..... so here's hoping there will be a few winners amongst the 9 remaining.

weaselize

customer response of amouage sucks.
Only if they smell your money they will respond

khaled.kaseb
khaled.kaseb

Well, I like Amouage a lot but this perfume makes me think twice when I decide to buy Amouage again, it doesn't last more than 3 hours although this is limited edition and very expensive as well, I was shocked, I sent an email to Amouage customer care but they didn't care to response, There is a lot of similar scents with much less price and long lasting at the same time.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

A sharp, astringent opening salvo of grapefruit and elemi dries off into something which resembles furniture polish sprayed onto a leather jacket; solvent and medicinal.

Doesn't blend well with the skin and feels very cold. Not pleased at all.

genvy
genvy

Why they chose THIS scent for an exclusive / limited distribution is beyond me; it seems like this one was made for the masses. Nonetheless, for what it is, it's well made. In the opening there's a good amount of grapefruit, cardamom and elemi, and it rounds out to a pretty rich smooth woody scent. I don't get as much saffron as others seem to, and I'd place patchouli, musk, and gaiac much higher in the list than they currently are. It's all a pretty seamless blend, though this one doesn't last as long as its more eccentric Amouagian predecessors. It's comfortable, rich, and I like it. Some are upset that it's not as audacious as, say, Interlude, but I wonder if we're just trying to limit the brand's creative license in always expecting a loud, ostentatious perfume from Amouage. Keep in mind that though Chong seems to have driven the brand away from its Oman root, before he came around the brand had already released scents like Ciel, Silver, and Arcus. Give this several tries on skin and see if your opinion changes. Mine did.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Beloved Man opens as a pleasant sort of contemporary aromatic-fresh fougère, a woody scent with spicy-floral notes, a green accord (not listed, but I do smell something herbal, balsamic and pine-y). I also get something like a soft, smooth and subtle leather note underneath. The opening is fresh and vibrant, with a nice head accord of round and fruity citrus and bergamot notes (and elemi, which is basically only a generic candied feel), well blended with cedar and the aromatic, salty earthiness of vetiver. In the middle, violet, amber, spices (cloves, cumin), perhaps other flowers. Amber and violet above all provide a cozy sense of mellow warmth. As other Amouage scents, it has an “expensive-smelling” radiant brightness, and is surely pleasant and refined, although also quite a bit synthetic (not in a good way). Plus, nothing really original: again, like other fragrances by this brand, it shows a quite evident inspiration from several late 90’s/early 2000s masculine mainstream scents. Moving on from the opening, once the fresher side tones down, it becomes a darker woody-spicy scent which to me seems pointing towards a couple of “golden-era” Gucci scents. Notably, underneath Beloved Man I feel a sort of faded ghost of Gucci pour Homme I; just fresher, a bit more flashy, and with more Iso E Super, but the "spiced pencil sharpener" is quite totally there. For a while, the similarity smells quite clear to me, then on the very drydown Beloved takes a (slightly) different direction, becoming a bit more dry, herbal, with a more nostalgic and austere feel. Not bad for sure, so keep it and treasure it if someone gifts it to you; but nothing really new and surely unworthy the insane price.

6,5/10

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Beloved Man, consider him a Amouage in the middle ground between East and West.
In his opening notice a fruity aromatic blend with grapefruit and intriguing at the same time with elemi, which makes a resinous, smoky touch, also it looks like a short circuit.
Entering the heart, appear light creamy floral nuances that come together with the previous aroma, and also the saffron prepared leather input at its base.
From there it becomes a little less surprising aroma, but nothing of lesser quality, leather and cedar merge and create on my nose a kind of amber chord, comfortable, resinous, rich and slightly sweet.
Eccentric and at the same time common, but in fact, a beautiful perfume.

amirdoust
amirdoust

I love Amouage, by far my favorite house. People dislike this scent because they say it isn't "amouagey". Well, it might not be a heavy frankincense scent, but one thing is certain: this has the sophistacted touch of class than all Amouage fragrances have. Projection is moderate and longevity is awesome. This is unmistakably an Amouage

muzzbait
muzzbait

i agree with a few of the previous reviews, it changes quite a bit over time. at the beginning it comes on like a meek, quiet lemon-floral scent, and then 3-4 hours in, the cedar and fruitiness kick in. a bit of 'straight to heaven' (kilian) mixed with 212 vip (Carolina Herrera). It's hard to pin it down, really. dunno if i love it, but i do like it...

SculptureOfSoul

Have to agree with Bodda89 in that this is almost two perfumes in one bottle. The woody/spicy/smoky dry down is similar to the middle phase of Straight to Heaven by Kilian, although less fruity.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I am afraid to say that this one is one big disappointment for me. After reading the ingredients, I had big expectations but it is just not working for me.

Presumably, Amouage wanted to create a more summer worthy contender for a change? Something with a more Euro-Continental appeal?

It is very pleasant and "nice" but I am afraid for a house famous for its incense signature that usually runs through each "story" like a core essence, this one does lacks this signature and the "Arabian DNA" despite the listed Oud note, that I personally cannot smell.

It is very soft and has no longevity whatsoever on my skin. It's really a pity for I love the Elemi note in Amouage's LIBRARY Collection IV, the one that was created for World AIDS day 2011.

I guess for someone who wants to get introduced to this brand and generally has a very European taste in fragrances, it might work. But then again, why buy something that is not really authentic or representative of its usual best?

It is a miss for me.

But I still love Amouage as it is one of my most "beloved" brands in perfumery.

Bodda89

This is poetry written with essential oils and aroma chemicals

Bodda89

This is two perfumes in one bottle starts very fresh dries down to a very woody smokey from the patchouli scent don't get tricked and wear it in hot whether the opening is gonna deceive you this is more appropriate for spring

Jwaks
Jwaks

saffron, cumin, cedar and resins over power all the other notes and make it smell 'hot' and 'stuffy.' Wish the citrus and florals were more pronounced and longer lasting. It's also a bit dry, powdery and rich. This is one I very much want to love but it just doesn't work for me.

maknine ezzine

a romantic perfume by exelence!!
class!!
have had the inmprésion that it is linear .... may not all! ... it changes every quarter happiness ... magic .... it reminds me of an essence which i in month AL Basha al Qurashi!!

johnnybr0801

The more I use it, the more I love it!! :) Don't hate this because of the "lack of uniqueness" or simply because of the price tag! Yes, it is overpriced, as this is a limited edition! I don't say that this automatically validates the price tag , however I have to tell that whenever I smell an Amouage frag, I always feel like I would pay whatever price they ask for!
Not because Im a fan of the house, but the quality, the creative process, the ingredients, etc. Everything speaks value here! I think they are one of the only houses with a clear concept what they want, and what they want to tell with their fragrances. No bullshit here. You get what you paid for. Period.
This little pricy bastard meant to light up those moments in your life when you feel like you wanna remember forever for that moment. It could be a date, a girl, a man, whatever. It still can be an everyday scent, but I feel like in heaven wearing this every time I put on! This is true ART!!!

magnifique parfum!!!!!

c'est le meilleur de chez AMOUAGE

marqhar
marqhar

Smells like a soft version of Escada's Casual Friday.

THEREALJWIL
THEREALJWIL

This stuff is Stunning! Absolutely gorgeous...first time i sprayed it on i wasn't convinced this was any good.....second wearing i found out i was convinced this scent is one of the top scents of Amouage...(Lyric and Ciel are my other Favorites)
I haven't spent enough time with it for a breakdown of the notes but you need to try this if you love Ciel or Lyric....not in the same vein but if you really dig those you are almost guaranteed to think Beloved is insanely good.
I may edit this one as i spend more time with the scent.

paulzork
paulzork

Hmmm. This one is a bit of a conundrum. I'm 50/50 on this one. For those who have tested it and don't like flowery smells - give it time to settle.

The first spray will come across very different from the usual Amouage woody frags. It starts off very flowery - with a slight hint of something like Dior Homme Intense - that sort of paper-y smell.

However... I have let it settle an hour or two now, and it is starting to smell less flowery and the woods are starting to come through and I started to like it more. At Euro 320-, it is definitely something I have to really consider deeply before purchasing.

So for the moment, I am sitting on the fence over this one. Nice, but maybe not nice enough for the price. I could get a Parsons Whitehall, or a Creed Royal Oud for much less and my nose would be more satisfied.

Great to see Amouage changing tack a little from bewilderingly complex fragrances with lots of spice and quite frankly odd juxtapositions.
This is a little linear...One might almost dare to say a bit boring for them and their freshest outing to date.
I like this sort of creative variation and use of different noses for each new release, it makes for an unpredictability and chaos which seems to be a brand theme.
The opening of this fragrance is quite simply heavenly and taking the fruitiness to another level.
The only thing I can compare it to is maybe something like millesime imperial, or Agua de Loewe EL for gorgeous fresh fruity vibes that are just devine.
It has more depth than your normal fresh fragrance which you would expect from Amouage.
Cedar wood and musk in the base highlighting the fruit with touches of saffron, spice and a little floral quality...it's lovely, lovely stuff.
I remebered all that from one try so it definitely left a lasting impression on me.
Now I'm not sure when this was released officially but It only just arrived the other week at Selfridges in time for winter when Beloved to me anyway is clearly more suited to the summer months...suppose that's not important.
I look forward to trying it again...and maybe one day making it mine.

Panerai2211
Panerai2211

Exactly like you said ,,johnnybr0801,, I bought this perfume few days ago,really worth the price tag! Dia were my best Amouage fragrance till i smell Beloved.

johnnybr0801

This is Devine!! Very rich, deep scent with extraordinary silage and moderate projection. Christopher Chong's background story always compliments the fragrance perfectly and this one is no exception. Very romantic scent with a sophisticated structure. I think it's still very unique even amongst the house other creations and so long lasting! I believe Amouage fragrances really worth the price tag. I never got disappointed with them. Beloved Man is a limited edition so no surprise that it even costs 50% more. Nobody should blind-buy this but if you tested and you fell in love with it like me i think it's really worth the price tag. I really don't exaggerate when I'm saying that this is one of the best perfume I've ever smelled!!!

weaselize

i wish the smell at the opening stayed that way, terrific opening

khankins1
khankins1

This is a light fragrance that smells a bit like baby powder when applied but man o man have I receive so many compliments in just the two times I've worn it this far. It also lasts a while on my skin but does not seem to project that far. But with people within three feet of me asking me what I'm wearing after having applied 6 sprays 5 hours earlier, I may not be giving this fragrance it's due. My new signature.

collinlau262
collinlau262

Love the fragrance, smells great just not sure if i'd spend that much

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

At the start I'm smelling the grapefruit and geranium then
I'm mainly picking up a soft sweet powdery peppery spice with jasmine, musk with a hint of leather.

I don't know what to make of this scent as all the notes seem to come at you all at once.

velb95
velb95

EN
It's a mysterious perfume, which feels like no other and at the same time recalls the memories of many perfumes. Only after an hour or so you can "understand" its final notes and therefore useless to talk about an updated copy of "One Million". The most valuable thing is that every time sniffed manages to accentuate a different note (every time the only one!!!), slightly masking the others. For me it is a real magic of the perfume.

IT
Questo è un profumo misterioso, che non assomiglia a nessun altro e nello stesso momento richiama i ricordi di tanti profumi. Solo dopo un'ora circa si riesce a capire le sue note finali e, quindi, inutile parlare qui di una copia aggiornata di "One Million". La cosa più preziosa è che ogni volta annusato Beloved man riesce ad accentuare una (una sola!!!) nota diversa, leggermente mascherando le altre. Per me questa sia vera magia di un profumo artistico.

Saeidreza

In the dry down I am smelling very soft oud and leather, apice is there all the way from starts to finish. I am getting little bit of Reflection Man vibe as well!

Saeidreza

This is more refine and high quality version of One Million!! Its quality and women love it, but I won't drop $500 for this!!

nonsisa
nonsisa

Oh man this is somehow what Paco Rabanne's 1 Million tries to be.

Nevertheless I would not shell out that much money for this kind of scent but I'm sure its a panty dropper.

SculptureOfSoul

The perfumer behind this is not Bernard Ellena but instead Alexandra Carlin. I was told this by Christopher Chong himself. Hopefully this information can be updated, as a lot of the reviews on blogs and other sites are listing Bernard Ellena as the perfumer, and presumably they are getting that misinformation from here.

$tefanOud
$tefanOud

For my birthday i got a few testers of amouage and this was one of them. When i first sprayed it on a paper i did not know if i liked this one. The next day i sprayed it on my wrist and i found it a bit overwhelming in the beginning. but in a few minutes it turned in one of the best fragances i have ever smelled. My nose whent positivly nuts of the flowery musky and leathery smell folowed by the fruity smell that is a bit overwhelming in the beginning:). this is definitly a fragance you must try on your own skin.

The next day i sprayed two times in my neck and that was enough.i felt good with it and gave me positive energy with a calming smell but please dont overspray this one or the whole room smells like it.for about 8 hours i could smell the fragfance myself and other people for longer got about 6 compliments that this fragance suits me well and people asked me wich fragance it was.

This was the first time i have ever tried a exclusive fragance and i am gonna try more of them.i dont know yet if its worth the full price for a bottle cause i want to try it more but i am convinced that this is one signature worthy for me.

Ps sorry for my bad writing :)

xliMilx
xliMilx

This is one lovely perfume, its will fill the whole room with its smell if you slightly over apply it.

its the sweatest and softest manly smell you ever can wear, deep mix and hard to describe, you cant describe it as spicy or woody, or even floral, its nicely mixed to a level where nothing truely dominate.

my wife did like it alot, she kept complimenting this perfume the whole night like she never did smell a perfume before, am even considering getting a new bottle of this magic.

ParfumerieNL
ParfumerieNL

Pure love, this fragrance really suprised me. It is the most easy-going perfume from Amouage. I just love the soft leather note.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

hmmm..a gentleman perfume for men, with burst of citrus smells, then woodsy pencil shaving smell of gucci homme( th eold one not the new one ) on skin it develop fast than on cloth, the one that i like is the drydown musky leathery oud smell...

i have been waiting for amouage to come up with the rendition of classic barber smelling of the style of knize ten, habit rouge pour monsiuer and PDN New york etc...this is their rendition of it.. i love it, i may purchase it...i love the smell of gentleman with strong charisma...and a gentleman smell that is both in european and arab world..

it is worth every penny..in my opinion, got to start saving now

Pv52fa
Pv52fa

The best use of orris in a man's scent I have ever come across!

KIELECKI
KIELECKI

I am a big fan of Amouage, but this smells very generic. Not worth full bottle purchase. Reminds me Dior Homme Sport 2012

pasha78
pasha78

Ok peeps I had a chance to try out the new Beloved Man yesterday night. The fragrance concentration is very high for an EdP at 30-35% and the price is £265. It’s exclusive to Harrods and the Lowndes Street Amouage boutique and has an amazing list of ingredients.

Orange, grapefruit, neroli, cypress, elemi, clovebud, black pepper, cardamom

Heart Notes
Geranium Bourbon, jasmine, orris, cumin, olibanum, labdanum, nutmeg, saffron

Basenotes
Cedarwood Atlas, guaiac wood, leather, patchouli, vetiver, musk

The sample card it says:
"Beloved is a woody spicy oriental fragrance with top notes of black pepper and cardamom enhanced with rich floral in the heart. The selection of rich woods and resins in the base ads warmth and comfort to this distinctive fragrance"

As one can see from above there are a huge number of ingredients and thus I would say the fragrance would be very subjective to ones skin chemistry so please do take my humble opinion like a pinch of salt.
From the beginning it opened very warm, sweet and very spicy. The warmth and sweetness had almost tonka/coumarin like qualities making it almost gourmand. As there was so much going on in the perfume, I felt I had to put all my focus on my nose to isolate the notes and on deep inhalations I felt there was a sharp cardamom with the clovebud balancing the edges very lightly. A heavy pepper note was present which worked with the warm spicy notes. My nose could not trace any citrus although according to the above list they were there. Within the depth of this warm sweetness I could very lightly sense the freshness of frankincense in the background. Again there is way too much going on and all I get for now if I were to smell lightly is a tonka based oriental.
After two hours the florals and woods come in to the forefront with the warm sweetness still there which has strangely changed in to a buttery soapiness. The cumin has now come and working very beautifully with the jasmine and now one can sense where all this warmth of this fragrance comes from.........its the cumin! The cumin is quite strong but the florals i.e. geranium and jasmine has tamed it so all one can sense is the warmth of this spice. Due to the cumin I can’t sense the resins too much but I can sense their synergy with the florals. I can lightly sense something ever so slightly camphoric right at the back which may be producing all this sweetness......frankly I wish I knew.
Now its a good 7 hours since I sprayed the perfume and I feel the whole composition has calmed down but still smelling quite sweet leaving behind a nice light trail of sweet musk which also had a strange but quite strong woody aquatic note. You may ask where does this aquatic note comes from, again honestly I’ve no idea, as this is what I and those around me have perceived.
Overall I’m impressed by the complexity of the composition and how certain ingredients work together in perfect synergy to create different accords, however it was not for me as it smelled almost quite generic for an Amouage. I feel as though it was going in the same direction as Interlude and possibly Reflection. Due to the huge number of ingredients in Beloved I can foresee this fragrance working very differently on others, however I feel on my self the cumin came out too much albeit it was tamed by the other notes and the sweetness was too tenacious and eventually was quite overwhelming.

beata4u2
beata4u2

This is a scent for a strong, powerful and I'd dare to say dominant man. Definitely a man, not a boy. Somebody in their late thirties, forties, early fifties. A fragrance that exudes confidence and self assurance. Amouage Beloved is for a man who doesn't have to prove anything to anybody Because he simply knows he is great just the way he is. But this man has also softer, warmer side. I would be happy to surrender myself to a man like that. To give up my need to be in control all the time, and be a strong woman all the time, knowing,not in my head, and not even in my heart but deep, deep in my gut that I can trust that man and therefore become a woman who is comfortable when being taken care of. I am yet to meet such man. And then I'll buy for him Amouage Beloved :-)

ckman2011

اشتريته من أمواج في البحرين ب 1350 ريال سعودي
وما ندمت

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Unworthy of the Amouage name, tested it twice and found it so unremarkable and forgettable,and shares many similarities of other amouage fragrance, lacking in originality, please amouage give us something memorable next time. 6/10

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

The Guest review below was mine. It was a great experience to me when Christopher Chong, Creative Director of Amouage, presented Beloved Man at it's first global launch in Hong Kong to the attendees with simple words and strips of mouilette freshly sprayed with this fragrance. Within seconds, he suggested to the participants to have the fragrance sprayed on their skin as he hinted that fragrance could be a rather personal matter and it should be felt and experienced in person instead of following the boundary being put around it by others.

On my skin, this fragrance had a very fresh and rather long opening of grapefruit and jasmine that was unique from many other Amouage fragrances that I had tried and/or owned. However, probably due to different skin/body chemistry, this fragrance opened quite differently on other participants. Consensus among the participants on Beloved Man were that this fragrance was rich and the notes were intense as the perfume volume of this EDP was 30% rather than the usual 20% in other Amouage EDP or lower in some other perfume brands.

Without revealing too much about Beloved Man before more people can have the chances to personally experience this fragrance, I happily disclose that I am now a satisfied owner of this fragrance and look forward to wearing it more in the coming warmer seasons.

It was a great experience to me when Christopher Chong, Creative Director of Amouage, presented Beloved Man at it's first global launch in Hong Kong to the attendees with simple words and strips of mouilette freshly sprayed with this fragrance. Within seconds, he already suggested to the participants to have the fragrance sprayed on their skin. He hinted that fragrance could be a rather personal matter and it should be felt and experienced in person instead of following the boundary being put around it by others.

On my skin, this fragrance had a very fresh and rather long opening of grapefruit and light jasmine that was unique from many other Amouage fragrances that had tried and/or owned. However, probably due to different skin/body chemistry, this fragrance opened quite differently on other participants. Consensus among the participants on Beloved Man were that this fragrance was rich and the notes were intense as the perfume volume of this EDP was 30% rather than the usual 20% in other Amouage EDP or lower in some other perfume brands.