Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Dia pour Femme Amouage for women
dislike

aldehydic
Dia pour Femme Amouage for women Pictures

Dia is a luxury scent for day wear, that is both sophisticated and vibrant. A lighter day version to be a perfect compliment to Amouage Gold which is intended for evening.
The distinctive bottles are made from 24% French lead crystal embellished with pink gold.

The top note includes fig, cyclamen, bergamot, tarragon, sage and violet leaves. Heart is of precious and fresh flowers: peach blossom, rose oil, orange flower, peony and orris. The dry down is woodsy oriental and rich, consists of white musk, misterious incense, vanilla, heliotrope, cedarwood, sandalwood and Guaiac wood.
The perfume was created by Jean-Claude Ellena in 2002.

Aldehydes Cyclamen Tarragon Violet Leaf Sage Bergamot Fig

Peony Orange Blossom Orris Root Turkish Rose Oil Peach Blossom

Sandalwood Vanilla Guaiac Wood Incense Heliotrope Cedar White Musk

Climat (La Collection Fragrances)
Jacinthe Et Rose
Amouage Gold pour Femme
Climat
Splendor

Dia pour Femme Fragrance Reviews

a_mona_1
a_mona_1

This perfume is soooo beautiful, outta this world beautiful. Every powder-scents lover must at least try it on their skin and clothes - if not buy it. I remember I smelled this 3 years ago, but I couldn't afford it because I was quite young at the time, but now, I can go through an entire 100ML in 2 months only. It is very luxurious, gives you the feel of being alive during the fancy 1940's, you will definitely feel fancy after just spraying it on your wrists and neck. It stays on both skin and clothes for a good long period of time. I find people either amazed by it - strangers actually stop me to ask what I'm wearing (doesn't happen often in the UAE) and those who aren't as fascinated don't hate it. However, people who are not so into perfumes tend to think that it smells like baby powder, but I don't mind, I am obsessed with any scent that smells powdery and clean.

The packaging is a clear see through, the liquid is orangy-yellow, and to me, such colors make the perfume even greater and more luxurious. Its like a rich woman's perfume, a fancy high class rich woman. Also, perfect as a gift for its beautiful packaging and the fact that the scent is loved or liked by everyone as I mentioned above. If the person didn't obsess over it, they will for sure like it.

I definitely recommend you visit their store, try the perfume and let the scent linger on you, decide if you wanna get it or not the day after.

evelynave
evelynave

On paper - as in, the way it sounds and is described - this is very much not my thing. On skin, it's one of my all time favorites.

Bright and rich; lasts for ages; truly an instant mood lifter. It reminds me what happiness should probably feel like. People who know I love perfume and have a lot often want to come over and smell. Often it's disappointing for both of us, because their tastes tend to be as narrow as their experiences with fragrance.

Dia, I quickly learned, is one of the few reliable crowd pleasers. People I meet who swear they like only this or that never fail to swear love for Dia, no matter how far it strays from that known territory. It isn't the most exotic Amouage (far from it) but it's the one everyone seems to want to hang with.

Jyrhara
Jyrhara

I was so crazy to buy the official sample pack of Amouage perfumes. Could've eaten for ten days with that money... Since I'm a pleasure delayer I started with the perfume I was least likely to like. First impression: this is so not me! This is a perfume for a woman who is well put together, elegant but discreet, rich without showing off. I'm more on the freakish side :-)
That said, this is a beautiful perfume, soapy and honeyed and delicately floral.

thachaya
thachaya

My signature searching has ended! Finally I got my very loved and so Me perfume.Where have you been? I'm so overwhelmed with this new love right now and will be forever.This is a classic like Chanel no5 but better and less popular.Very uplifting,breath-taken and joy in the same time.The lasting power is forever plus the sillage is heavy but not the loudest.Thats what I have been waiting for! Ohh,Im very falling in love!

smellofroses
smellofroses

Better Go to TJ Maxx and buy Splendor. Same scent for 20 dollars

nada
nada

Umme.aisha - your bottle seems ok,mine as well is magnetic with rose gold I purchased it from Harrods recently and most importantly the scent is authentic. I think Amouage is in the process of changing some of its packing which they do from time to time. But I wouldn't advice buying such brands as Amouage from those websites. Best to do it in person if you can.

umme.aisha.2k11
umme.aisha.2k11

I ordered Dia from fragrancex and just received it this morning. The bottom of the bottle does not have a batch number printed. The cap is a magnetic one, rose gold in color. Now I've called several boutiques and they say that they have dia with a clear, transparent cap. I need advice as to what I should do. Did I just pay $200 for a fake?

ThisVulture
ThisVulture

Due to the intricate construction, Dia is very hard for me to describe, but I will try my best...

Dia starts out with a thrilling, sparkling burst of aldehydes over a luxurious, fully blooming fruity rose. The rose is enhanced with peach and a little peony (which has the slight sharp/green touch of the real flower) and set off by a clean soapy-fatty base. A puff of powdery sweet orris creates a venerable feeling and there is also a faint touch of something vanillic (I suppose it's the heliotrope?).

...but really it's so much more than that! Like many of the perfumes from Amouage this is a symphonic, complex fragrance.

On my skin the rose section fades quickly and I'm left with a beautiful soapy dry down that has a vague touch of sandalwood. Gorgeous but I wish the rose part lasted longer on me.

Some have said this reminds them of No.5 but they are quite different to my nose. No.5 is sweeter thanks to the jasmine and the rose de mai is more tender/delicate than the opulent rose used in Dia. Also, the soapy base is stronger to my nose and has vetiver in the dry down.

People also make comparisons between Dia and the marvelously soapy Gold. However, Gold is much much greener and fantastically soapy. Its rose note is smaller and less sensual than the one in Dia.

Suzjdh
Suzjdh

This is not Chanel No. 5. I have the vintage, and I put 5 on one wrist and Dia on the other to compare. They both have that aldehyde opening, but after that they ARE different. Dia is sweeter, gentler and reminds me of Amouge Gold. 5 stays 5 in my opinion, brighter, more robust, lovely in its renowned way. I understand the comparisons. It's because of the aldehydes, but after that they travel different roads.

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Powdery, feminine. Smells like a classic - mature, refined. A bit soapy with underlying light musk. Can't really smell any vanilla in the opening, except perhaps for a bit of roundness in an overall light elegance. Something sweet - violet? Thins a bit during drydown, aldehyde-like scent coming to the foreground; sharper but more faint. Overall a classy, wearable fragrance.

mylancome
mylancome

Smelling from the bottle cap, it's good, like lighter version of Gold. Good riddance!! I must spray on my skin before decide the purchase. The jasmine aldehyde gone, only left the strong sour peony basenote. Dia hates me.

Update: Confirmed the note that gone sour on my skin is Tuberose. The same tuberose smell from Chanel No. 22 "Extrait". So it's a white floral perfume!

I can say Dia is much better blend/quality than Chanel no. 22.

Soignee

This is rich, floral, sparkling perfume is class in a bottle. It is smells rich, clean, and sexy.

It is reminiscent of the glamorous perfumes of long ago, before all the hateful reformulations. It reminds me of my reaction to Diva when I first smelled it: instantly in love.

This is a fantastic perfume to wear during the day. It makes me feel pretty, happy, and confident.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Dia is beautiful. It is classic French perfume, but at the same time I find it to be modern and the most innocent and youthful of any from this house. The style reminds me of the original Dolce & Gabbana. Not the actual scents themselves, as they are quite different, but they both open like an aldehyde bomb, extremely powdery, a little bubbly...but give it time and it becomes something altogether different.

At first it smells like a bar of powdery rose soap. Even reminds me of Narciso Essence at first. With time it turns into a sweet floral, and peach blossom really stands out. I thought there was peach in the top notes. Dia has a musky, woody base. All traces of powder and aldehydes fade away eventually, and then it smells like fabric softener musk in the best possible sense. The floral aspect begins to seem more like mimosa or even sweet pea blossoms than rose. It's a sweet and clean floral scent.

I love Dia, so I bought myself a big ol' bottle.

gvalentinotti
gvalentinotti

I agree about the soap fragrance. You feel clean no doubt. But I must admit it is very old and classic. Too much floreal and boring. Not for me.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I agree with the luxury soap reference. This is a perfect ivory soap scent, plain and simple. I can't really find any other way to describe it. I absolutely LOVE this scent, but I'd be very hesitant to spend that much money on a "soap" scent...Definitely test it if you get a chance, it's wonderful!!

Mercy Otis Warren
Mercy Otis Warren

The scent of a luxury soap...It is intense but not offensive, stong but yet soft. This is not for a perfume for everyone it is for the classy lady,a queen...I am addicted. I can not stop smelling myself.This is the one.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

This is a extremely rich, strong floral. Very 'old school' which I usually love, but this one is just too too for me. It's dense with a heady bouquet of flowers and not much else. The drydown appealed more, but I don't want to wait that long for a gentler notes to materialize. Not for me.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Definitely sister to Gold, and almost a flanker to Caleche! Great fragrance, floral with a hint of green, aldehydes and a bit of soapiness. I prefer Gold for it's richer, more rounded edges.

onaona
onaona

This fragrance just feels so WOMANLY.

It can't simply be described as feminine, which would certainly be lovely enough, if that was all Dia was, but it isn't. Feminine isn't quite right. Girly is allll wrong. Ladylike, absolutely, but more. Dia is stately and self-possessed. She feels independent and wonderfully mature.

It's a fragrance more accurately described as traditional than classic, but best described as, aldehyde perfection. It is one of the most intense aldehydic fragrances to appeal to me. There is simply no getting around it. You must love aldehydes to love Dia. Peony is the only other note worth mentioning. The aldehydes elevate the peony note, making it far more interesting than your typical peony presentations. The remaining notes are lost on me and I would be hard pressed, during the countless hours Dia projects off my skin, to find them hiding between the aldehyde and peony. I have no reason to even try.

The beautiful Dia is a self-assured, fully realized.....woman. I feel lucky to know her. Even luckier on the days Amouage helps me celebrate I can be her with a few spritz. Those are really good days :)

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

Hairspray! That is what I kept thinking when I sprayed this, some cyclamen, aldehydes, and.....hairspray. The dry down is very much like Rive Gauche by YSL, the only positive!

Vexel
Vexel

Oh wow, Dia Femme. You're like classy, classy sunshine in a bottle. Very retro and definitely very aldehyde heavy on the top. Chanel No. 5? Pfft as if. No offense to fans of No. 5 but if Chanel's classic is the queen of the perfume world, Dia Femme would be empress of the effing solar system. They're in such different ballparks it isn't even funny. I don't know what vintage 5 is like but I've smelled the modern incarnation and it doesn't hold a candle to Dia.

That said, it definitely isn't going to be for everyone. Dia Femme smells, more or less, like the worlds must luxurious soap or laundry product. In other words amazing, but the association is going to be impossible to shake for some. If you don't like soapy scents don't bother sniffing Dia, it just isn't going to do it for you.

On the other hand if you can handle that look forward to the most vivid, spring-like bouquet of florals you've ever set your nose to. A spray of Dia is like an explosion of spring flowers painted in the way only our good friend JCE could manage. It's sweet but not sickly, fresh but not ozonic, dense but not muddled, etc. etc. I can't help with identifying individual notes in such a busy composition but if anything I definitely smell peach blossom, orange blossom, and rose with a healthy dose of white musk. Woods become more apparent as time goes on as well. To abuse the over-used expression it's a symphony of a fragrance, many players contributing to one beautiful whole.

Longevity is impressive, lasting a full 8-10 hours with 2 sprays. Highly recommended to those who don't recoil at the thought of a perfume smelling vintage or 'old'.

dfirefly
dfirefly

What a lovely fresh scent! Floral with some citrus and a bit of spice. Lasted over 12 hours on me and loved every minute of it. Definite keeper.

Marie76
Marie76

I got this for my mum this Epiphany ( Reyes). Oh, it's gorgeous. It opens with an aldehidic soapy orangey note, and then it sort of " keeps on opening" with white flowers, neroli?...not sure, it's like and " everbloom" of wonderful scents. The deu down is actually quite linear, you still detect the opening soapy aldehides in it, but it's sweeter. Sillage and staying power are good. If you like fresh chypres ( my mum is a fan of paco Rabaanne Eau de metal and courreges) you'll love this high quality take on it.

I love Dia.

When I first tried it, I was underwhelmed. It opened quietly, and somewhat unimpressively. After 10 minutes of wearing, I sniffed my wrist again and its aldehydic notes had opened up beautifully. After 30 minutes, it became an intense, sparkling, floriental fragrance.

Dia is very classy and feminine. For me, this is more appropriate as an evening scent than a day scent. With my chemistry, it's a bit too much for daytime, but just right for going out at night. A little goes a long way.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Overwhelmingly sweet, heavy, in oriental style, reminds me Diva

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I liked this, it was rich and sensual, but it was all up front. It started out with an intense aldehyde burst mixed with spices. I found the bergamot but not really any floral notes. After that it settled within half an hour to a vague woody soapy note. There was a little rose but not much. It was almost completely gone within 2 hours. Lovely while it lasted, but I expected more.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Aldehydes on steroids, of sinus clearing intensity right at the first spritz. After my head cleared, my nose registered a heavy floral scented powder following behind the aldehydes and remaining like this for the rest of its lifetime on me. It's not a light dusting of powder, it's like how the aristos in Versailles laid on the powder to hide their body odours since showers were a rarity. I get the comparisons with No. 5 but they are unique in their own ways and both deserve a place in the wardrobe of an aldehyde lover/old school(not old lady)floral powder+aldehyde lover. I cannot stress enough that there is no escaping the aldehydes and I would not have grouped this perfume under floral. It's much much more fizzy than floral. I don't personally categorize scents into day or night but this is too much of a powerhouse to be worn in my line of work, besides being a waste of a gorgeous beauty. Massive sillage and moderate longevity on me.

nanomira
nanomira

Dia is beautiful, floral and aldehydic. Somehow it feels ancient thanks to the aldehydes. If they weren't so intensive, Dia would be an amazingly beautiful floral perfume.

kellybanana
kellybanana

This afternoon I had quite a generous splash of Dia at a local high-end department store. I remembered the salesperson (it's was a guy actually) tried, just to name a few, Amouage perfumes on some testing papers and at the end I preferred 'Dia' and 'Ubar' to have an actual test on each of my wrists.

Right wrist, Dia. It was a love-at-first-sight! The guy gave me a generous splash of it and immediately I was and still am hooked with it. It smelt (and still does now) clean, fresh, soothing and uplifting. I have sniffed my Dia wrist a few times, closing my eyes and then remembered there had been a very few times that I was walking past some women that gave me the same effects - they might be wearing the very same perfume (you know, there're always some people that smell good all the time). When I was going home by subway occassionally I could smell Dia after gentle gusts of 'breeze'... wow, very very nice. Till now I can also detect some basenotes, although not that distinctive as Ubar, it's still pretty.

It's an interesting comparison between these 2 perfumes especially one's drydown is sweet whilst the other is floral. This evening I asked my 5 year-old which one he liked, well he said he liked both. Well same do I, although I have more chances to wear Dia as I don't have much evening occassions wearing Ubar.

I am thinking to get myself a Dia bottle.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

So strange. It seems as if Dia Homme sucked the life force out of Dia Femme.
Dia Man, is one of the most wonderful,extrodinary, universally suitable fragrance ever.
Then we turn to Dia Femme, The homely wife of the genious Dia Man.

Dia FEMME smells like a luxurious soap. The scent of a clean.

Dia Femme more likely kin to guerlain l'heure bleue. DF, does not smell like L'heure Blue but it is in that soapy classy fragrance.

Dia Femme is a cross breeding between L'heure blue and amouage. Birth Place: Soap City.

This fragrance is not really one for the guys but I enjoyed it enough to review Dia anyway. The effect of a floral aldehyde musk fragrance would usually be a unappealing one but this somehow has a retained quality to it.
For me reading the sample card was a bit daunting when it said the perfect compliment to Gold (I'm assuming Pour Femme) but I couldn't help but think about Gold Homme, which is the stuff of nightmares!
Strangely when I sprayed this on I had the awful realisation that Dia does indeed have the same feel as the opening to Gold. It's very, very, very powdery and smells like talcum powder and almost feels thick in your nostrils. Then it becomes complex and the aldehydic, floral qualities come through but never become too much. It's a great balance and I'm no expert in florals or feminine fragrances but I think this one shows restraint.
I get an overriding vibe of peony, rose and peach to the subtle but enduringly strong musk. I'm so glad it just dried down with soft woods rather than animal stink which I was half expecting.
I'd like this on a female but it's not exactly daring for Amouage more soft and elegant like something my mum might wear.

Alara

Fair enough. My point was simply that if fragrance A reminds YOU of fragrance B that it's okay to put that in your review and that I find it condescending to imply your NOSE KNOWS BEST and others are mistaken.

Some people are more experienced than others and I don't think any review is deliberately misleading.

If someone told Dialover that she is wrong and hasn't trained her nose well to understand the similarities between no.5 ao Dia, that would be just as condescending.

Dialover

Ok, lets say that Light Blue D&G is almost clon of Opium YSL!)))) Is it fair for Opium and other people who read these reviews?? People just have to train their noses and don't mislead other people on this site! It will be much better! I came to this point when I am really tired of reading this kind of reviews and had many bad blind purchaces beleiving people that ""Chanel 5 is almost clon of Dia"" )))))) People have to say - it reminds me a little but I am not sure 100 %, may be... But they say it is almost i d e n t i c a l !!))) let's care about other people and their money!)))

Alara

I apologise, I know this is not a review but I want to say I find it condescending to imply that there is something wrong with other people's noses or that they don't know perfume simply because Dia reminds them of no.5.
We all love fragrances here and interpret them in our own unique ways and that's where the joy and beauty of discovery lies. :)
No offence meant.

Dialover

I don't understand why some people compare Dia with Chanel 5 !?!! How can they be SO similar, almost the same ))), if I loathe N5 and adore Dia?? Funny , is'n it? I think people who write these reviews don't know either perfumes or ... something is really wrong with their noses!))) Dia and N5 are 2 very different perfumes! Dia is very elegant and beautiful, pure silk! N 5 is harsh in the beginning, at heart, that I want to run and wash it away! Can't even sniff the opening and the hear notes of the frag!It is awful!

AlaskaWomanTwo
AlaskaWomanTwo

Running through my basket of samples - tried this, normally I wait but I could swear I smelled figs! So I had to come and check, yes, figs are a top note. Since I just put it on so far figs and now bergamot are primary. Nice.

Daivuce
Daivuce

On a first sniff DIA smells nearly the same as Chanel no5, just heavier on aldehydes, muskier. Where Chanel is softer and more wearable for me, this one nearly goes into an old lady mode for the first half an hour. This phase leaves me unsatisfied, thinking I should have stuck to the cheaper and nicer smelling option.
30 minutes in and the scent settles a bit, aldehydes and musk become gentler. They are still there, but now I start to appreciate this scent. Slowly... flowers become more prominent giving DIA a subtle sweetness. An hour in and it has changed so much, it's like a completely different perfume. I think I’m climbing a very steep ladder from the pits to heaven. I keep getting whiffs of rose and heliotrope plus something fruity, It's getting better and better!
Now, a few hours after the application, I actually am surrounded by heavenly smell. It was a journey, but the end result makes me say "I want a full bottle of this one"

butfly23
butfly23

Find this deep, rich, floral and aldehyde. The only real floral and aldehyde I like. Gorgeous.
This makes my husband feel physically sick as he thinks it is too strong.
I wear it when he is not around.
I do wear during the day but feel it is also a projector for evening.
Luscious.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Very elegant and powdery, like a delicate top-shelf soap, unfortunetely too aldehydic. That's its only imperfection. And I HATE aldehydes, so that's why it's a problem for me. But maybe it's good, as I won't be tempted to buy it:-P

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Revisiting this beauty. I adore it, it's beautiful. Yes to aldehydes. This would be right up there with Chanel No. 5. I agree with review right below mine. If you go for this type of elixir, you will love it! Men love it too (smile).

EDIT: Oh it's the heliotrope I love in here also. I do not normally like fragrances that contain fruit notes.

muskymoi
muskymoi

I'm a slave to aldehydes. Can't help it. I have this in the extrait so I can't compare to edp, but if Chanel no. 5 is queen of aldehydes, this one is a crown princess. Easily a new favorite but you have to looooooove aldehydes. I mean it.

Most of all I feel the musk, cyclamen, peony, violet leaves and sandalwood notes in this fragrance.

I'm not impressed. There are much more interesting fragrances, especially for its price.

And it doesn't smell like Climat by Lancome. Never was a fan of Climat, like my mother, but I have to say that Climat is much complex fragrance comparing with this one (and just very complex) with a real French charm.

I don't like it. Actually, it even seems simply to me. Just strict fragrance.

Nickie
Nickie

A pleasant, clean floral for daytime. That's the sum total of excitement it generates for me, sadly.

It sits close to my skin but, unlike other Amouage experiences, I don't think it'll linger much longer than 3 hours which is a disappointment. (Others have lasted between 7-14 hours.)

Floral/ aldehyde lovers can do a lot worse - but, expense wise, they'd be advised to shop around before investing in what is, frankly, a generic and somewhat dull fragrance.

STRAG
STRAG

I was in love with this scent until recently when I've come to get to know that it smells too much alike with Climat. Amouage perfumes are mesmerizing in general, but I wonder what they would be without the mysterious and -let's be honest- exquisit packaging? Anyways, if you like soapy fragrances that makes you feel clean, this will do the trick, very refreshing and easy to wear.

aristouka
aristouka

clean, soft , soapy in the "clean" way and feminine!!!! very similar to alessandro dell' acqua which is discontinued!!!

susanmsuk
susanmsuk

I promised myself that I'd buy Dia at the next Harrods sale. I did so and I'm wearing it now, having first layered it with the body lotion (both were half price).

It doesn't remind me of Chanel No 5, but simply is a classic floral aldehyde of great quality and beauty.

Chessie1122
Chessie1122

I really thought that I would like this one because the reviews were great, and I love Mitsouko which was supposed to be similar. This is nothing like Mitsouko
and is a definite scrubber for me.
It's so strong and so old ladyish that it nauseates me. It may smell better on someone else so just put the tester on ebay.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

At first spray, Dia does bring to mind Chanel no.5. After 5 minutes, it becomes very soft, cozy and enveloping. Smooth as silk. Rich heavy caramel colored silk that drapes... I cannot tease out the individual notes, since it's so well blended. It has a certain brightness to it but it just peeks through, not sharp at all. After 30 minutes, it becomes a bit soapy, and stays close to the skin. I love this. Feels like I'm getting a warm hug while I drift off...

finanna
finanna

I want to clarify two things: 1) aldehydes don’t work on my skin 2) I find Ellena’s creations beautiful but I think they are delicate watercolours while I prefer oil or gouasche paintings with vibrant colours and strong strokes. Thus, an aldehydic fragrance by Ellena is not very likely to be something I’d immensely enjoy.

Sniffed from the vial, Dia is very similar to classic aldehydes (think Chanel 5) but the magic begins instantly when applied on skin. The opening is a bit powdery but yet somehow sparkling. The florals are well-blended, rose and heliotrope are slightly dominant in the mid-phase but otherwise they are arranged so carefully that the wearer will just wonder the beauty of the composition without trying to tease out the individual notes. The base is amazingly rich in woody notes and vanilla. There is some incense too, but a lot less than in Lyric or Memoir (women's versions).

My favourite thing about this brand is the longevity, I get good 8h of this and enjoyed every minute of wearing it. Projection is more modest in comparison to big Amouages but just perfect for office wear for a sillage bomb junkie who does not want to suffocate others.

I was prepared for dreadful aldehydes with some spices but instead, I got astonishing floral bouquet complemented with delicate oriental notes, beautiful woody base and perfect amount of aldehydes. I had a 2ml sample and although I am not yet willing to invest on a full bottle (the dreaded aldehydes!), I actually want to get a mini of this to experience the fantastic journey a couple of more times.

beata4u2
beata4u2

Two years ago when I got a voucher to Selfridges for my birthday for £50 there was one thing I knew for certain: the money were going towards a perfume and the perfume had to be Amouage (I need to add: at that time I only knew that Amouage was expensive, exclusive and DIFFERENT). SA showed me Honour, released in 2011 and sprayed on paper with a big smile - lovely white floral (I learnt that day: I don't like 'lovely white florals'). Next one was Reflection - but Reflection was too 'main stream' for me. Then Ciel. I liked Ciel so I sampled it on my wrist. Nice, but something was missing... SA dismissed Gold, Lyric, Memoir, Jubilation 25 and Epic as 'too oriental' for me: blond, fair skin. She spayed Ubar on paper, but I found it too heavy. And then, as if she was saving the best for the end she grabbed Dia and literally made me let her spray my other wrist with a massive smile 'you'll love that one'. I wanted to sniff it immediately but she didn't let me! 'Wait!' She talked about notes (orange blossom and fig making this fragrance special and unique). And then, after about 2-3 minutes she said: 'Now sniff'. So I did. 'And?' she enquired. 'It's... heavy, and totally different, and beautiful!'. She sprayed more on my wrist, and neck, and then she said: 'Now go, smell it after an hour, two, three. You will come back.' I couldn't stop smelling my wrist on the train back home. I was smiling to myself. She was right: I did go back to buy it few days later.
Now: whenever aldehydes are mentioned the perfume that comes to mind immediately is Chanel no5. It's the fizzy, soapy overwhelming top note. But that's exactly where the minimal similarity ends! Dia is nothing like No5. Dia is so much softer, so much more refined than no5. So much more classy and modern. I mentioned that before: I'm not great with notes so I won't even attempt to describe what I smell. But I absolutely love the dry down. It's sensual but not sexual, it's calm but not quiet, it's mysterious and yet you feel like you almost revealing too much. And I have no idea why but to me it smell like 'sunny, bright, hot color white', whatever that means...
I'm so glad I got that voucher two years ago. I'm so glad this SA was so nice, enthusiastic and helpful. And two years later I'm so happy to know all Amouages and have few in my collection :-)

Sandra2
Sandra2

I did't believe that there would be an amouage scent that i wouldn't like. Actually i adore all of them....except dia. Aldehydes are responsible for that. They are responsilbe for me not loving all the popular scents shuch as chanell 5 and other simillar to him.
Maybe someone can tell me the reason why i can't stand this smell, because i think i'm deprived of many beautiful fragrance expiriences. :(

oxana0311
oxana0311

I love it, and i dont find it to be oriental, more fresh for me. its fabulous

schil
schil

this is the best Amourage so far i have smelled
i really like the fresh sprankling notes.
there is only one ingredient i like not but i don't know whitch it is. maybe the smoke?.
I like the some what firm smel for not baby's.
really you can make me glad with an sample of these

Hatleberger
Hatleberger

It was a blind buy for me, full bottle, why not, so my expectations were high for this perfume.
The first blast of aldehydes made me think of Chanel nr5 (I have an older version of ca 13 years). It takes a while for the aldehydes to clear and then Climat came to my mind, but after a couple of hours this fragrance turns out to be its own scent, not comparable to any of the above scents. it is feminine, floral creamy, mature, and enchanting. An expensive business lady wears this scent to work.

Now that I read more about this fragrance I realise mr J.C.Ellena is stalking me even after I declared my disappointment with his works. Funny enough I seem to be accommodating more and more perfumes from this nose in my favourite wardrobe without knowing it was his creation.

Well, I will definitely keep this fragrance for myself. It will not replace my signature scent though (not yet), but it will be on the top shelf. I am happy with the purchase and glad to reconcile with JC Ellena for future buys.

gomt
gomt

First of all I need to say I've never been an aldehydes fan. I normally don't wear scents from this category, but somehow - I wear Dia now and then. Still, I can't say it's love. I just like it, that's it - and the reason I do is, I guess, the soapiness.

It's a rich, warm oriental fragrance with this nostalgic, soapy undertone. Suitable for daywear, with a retro silk dress or a business suit with a feminine touch. It smells chic.

9-na
9-na

Bitter, and then the flowers come. I like it.

fanny
fanny

Well, another Divinity has arrived in the building (L'Heure Exquise was the first).

Alas, greed and curiosity were the cause for this untested -second-hand- purchase: for the last time I am telling myself: I am not a fan of very strong aldehydes with a lot of flowers - as perfectly arranged as they may be, which I think they really really are in Dia..

No more blind buys in this category!*

*EDIT!!!!! :

The drydown is Absolutely Absolutely Fabulous......
I am seriously stunned and will d e f i n i t e l y treasure this one, period.

mocha43
mocha43

I received a sample of Dia from Lucky Scent and am loving it! It smells lovely from the first blast of aldehydes through the dry down and several hours beyond. This is the longest lasting perfume that I have ever experienced (8 t0 10 hours). On me that is saying a lot. As it dries down the floral notes come through and makes a wonderful harmony. It does not remind me of any other fragrance. Sillage on me is moderate for the first 2 or 3 hours and then lies close to the skin. It is a scent that has had me smiling all day and there are not that many perfumes that have that effect on me. Is it worth the cost of a full bottle? I would have to see how much it costs, but I certainly would put it on my wish list.

Aldehydes can sometimes be seen as dated, especially if they come across as powdery and/or soapy. Not everyone is a fan of floral aldehydes and I do understand that, although I'm the first to defend them if any 'old lady' references come into the mix. Amouage Dia pour Femme is a floral aldehyde, being very classic in its approach. You'll either love it or loathe it.

Dia is a scent that exudes class and sophistication. It's one of those fragrances that you'd expect to find a successful woman with a string of pearls and black, shiny high heels wearing. It's definitely not a fragrance for the shy or the teeny-boppers.

Some have noted comparisons between Chanel No.5 and Dia. I can see what they're getting at, but I don't entirely agree. Dia is less clean and more musky in terms of composition. The turkish rose oil accord settles quite strongly on the skin, providing a richer and heavier dimension.

On my skin, Dia tends to smell soapy and sharp, but not in a way that is unpleasant. The longer I wear it, the more I begin to enjoy it. If I had to compare Dia pour Femme to any other fragrance on the market, I would say that it's very much like YSL's Rive Gauche.

What fascinates me the most about Dia's composition is the soft, clean and refreshing aldehydic opening, counteracted by the somewhat damp, animalistic and musky drydown. All in all, this fragrance has been well executed.

The sillage is fairly strong, however the longevity didn't live up to my expectations unfortunately. After five hours of wear, I can barely smell Dia pour Femme, and that's a shame.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

My Queen! I absolutely adore the perfume! Made in the best traditions of the Golden Age of perfumery - 60-80! Some reviews compare Dia with Chanel 5 - it is not right and even misleading for people , not to say it is unthinkable! The only person who doesn't know either perfumes may say that!!! I dislike Chanel 5 so much !! and would never love Dia if they were similar.(LOL) Dia has got some wonderful notes from vintage Madam Rochas. It is hard to compare it even to Climat - they are different but may be a tiny bit similar -5 %. Just can't understand how people can compare Dia with Rive Gauche ?? Unbelievable! These 2 are VERY different!!!!!!
Dia is unique !

ekaterina.ermolova
ekaterina.ermolova

If anybody likes grandma's soap this scent totally for you not for me

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

I rec'd my sample of this unique juice from luckyscent and was so aroused that I ordered a batch from amazon.com. I felt so flirty and wonder why would there be one single negative comment on this one? This is a great creation. I love this fragrance. The dry down is even so wow factor. I'm gonna get my husband the man's version of dia and hope for the best because I have not tested that on his skin yet. But there is no doubt that it will smell even more sexier. Good Job Amouage! I'm now a follower of your line. Its so much better than the Western fragrances.

maria-clara
maria-clara

Amouage Dia for woman, I love. I like orientals and floral orientals, so Dia is to my personal taste. It has a richness I cannot define, maybe there is frankincense in there. Lasts long. I could wear this day, night, any season.

silfra
silfra

It smells like luxury soap. Too aldehyde. Soap, soap and soap. Not interesting for me and not worth the price!!

iivanita
iivanita

i cant see why this is compared to chanel no.5, its totaly different scent, this one is likable at first, and its floral and sweet and yeah fresh, but not like no.5 that it bites for the nose and makes you adjust to it...this one goes smoothly...its soo fresh, its soo floral . i tried parfum , and it is so strong it last for 8 hours without stopping! you sense it all the time, i tried jubilation but that one is much less vibrant, it smells sophisticated nice but not fresh, this one is so much Ellena's style but with expencive ingredients . i did feel like i am smelling like i have been washed in nice detergent first 1-2 hours..but later that feel is gone and its only flowers and freshness and very sophisticated scent! because everything is blended so nicely together you can not pick out anything as dominant except that freshness.... i dont know what aldehyds really are, but i feel it like they are a kind of amplifyers of ingredients in a parfume?. so this is the first aldehidic scent that i am delighted with!! i would never buy chanel no 5 ,nor this fere by ferre
its 100% woman floral scent :) that is expencive and really smells like that

hollyc
hollyc

Even tho this is supposed to be Gold "lite" in some opinions, I find it much larger and louder in a wonderful way. Huge dose of aldehydes carry the scent initially (I love it). Then beautiful honeyed flowers. I can't break each one out individually, but it is heartbreakingly lovely. Yes it is "perfumey", yes, I would say it is not for 20somethings, but it is stunning! It smells expensive (it should!) and unabashedly womanly. On me, this lasts a long, long time and I can smell the far drydown on my wrists the next morning, very soft and animalic (musky civet) Worthy every penny. Marvelous (and better) sillage than Gold. It is lighter but projects more and lasts longer on me than Gold. Wish now I'd bought the 100 ml of this instead of Gold, but not sorry to have either.

lara0905
lara0905

Luxury, soft, sensual scent.Perfect daywear, very vibrant, youthful perfume.On me it's not as loud but the sillage is pretty good. The feeling it's gives me a feeling of purity after a nice luxury bath.If possible I'd like a small decant in my collection.:)

Update: After few hours of application it's turned on me a bit masculine. I dare to say maybe it's works excellent on mens as well.:)

Cookie Jar
Cookie Jar

Soft, sensual and strong. I like this a lot! First it smells very strong, but after 10 minutes it becomes very sensual. It stays on for a long time, but you pay for that. Beautiful rich smell. A little sweet, feminine and warm. Very good classy daywear.
Love it!
Recommended for: For me, it's not a season perfume but that's my opinion. I use it a lot.
Lasts on my skin: 6 hours.
9.5/10

Louw
Louw

I wasn't sure whether I'd like this as I'd heard mixed views of it. When first applied, I still had doubts because I was enveloped in a fizzy cloud of aldehydes that reminded me of Chanel no 5 and to a lesser extent, Rive Gauche, both of which I dislike intensely.

However, once the initial buzz had died down it became something entirely different - softer and more seductive. I detected fig and a fresh floral note that I was convinced was lily of the valley although that's not listed. At the dry down, I was left with a faint trail of smooth, honeyed woody notes.

My conclusion? It's beautiful. I love it! Beautiful though it is, I don't feel it's worth its very high price, especially as on me it isn't long-lasting at all. I'd be overjoyed if someone bought it for me as a present but I wouldn't spend the money myself - there are equally beautiful fragrances out there at a much more realistic price.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I"m coming back to this two years after first trying. Note: I'm sampling out of my element (southern Illinois, not the bay area), and I know from history that this changes the experience.

Dia Woman is a delicate pink fragrance washed with green and aged in a wooden box. I can detect the aldehydes (which in the Bay area would screech at me), but here they add volume and softness. Right away I get a glorious springtime vibe. The feeling is the same as Antonia's flowers Absolu, and I was expecting to see Freesia in the line up. I didn't, and liken the effect to fig and peony.

I was sampling various fragrances earlier, but washing them off just as quickly because my sister kept asking 'where's the old lady I keep smelling?' Dia Woman did not get that comment. This is youthful, vibrant and innocent.

I like it.

malia
malia

I want it, i want it, i want it! What an amazing perfume! GORGEOUS! Really MY scent! Again, i want it, i want it, i want it!!!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out strong and clean, a sharply aldehydic floral heavy on citrus-like notes (contributed by the aldehydes) and lily-of-the-valley. I can see why this is compared to Chanel No. 5 and White Linen. Whatever green, herbal, fruity, or softer floral notes might be lurking in the mix are completely overpowered and masked by the hurricane-force aldehydes. My guess is that what I perceive as an LOTV accord is probably part of one of the listed notes, perhaps the peony.

As the scent dries down the aldehydes and citrusy-clean scent persist for hours, accompanied by a white musk accord, the whole thing reminding me of laundry detergent. Dia is nice enough in its own way, but I’m puzzled why a perfumer would ostensibly use so many lovely notes and then mask them all with aldehydes and laundry musk. After 2-3 hours there’s the slightest hint of incense and something vaguely sweet, possibly the heliotrope that’s listed in the notes. But it’s just a hint. 5-6 hours later, all that’s left is a sweetish, slightly floral white musk.

I would not want to pay Amouage prices to smell like a box of detergent, not even upscale designer detergent, if there were such a thing. If you like Amouage Dia pour Femme, you’ll love Tide (the powder) or White Linen. After testing a number of Amouages, I’ve concluded that they do a good job on the “men’s” versions of their scents, which retain at least some small remnant of their Arabian heritage, but they try too hard to make their women’s scents conform to some ultra-Europeanized concept of “feminine”.

Aldehydes. Amouage DIA POUR FEMME appears to contain even more aldehydes than GOLD, and that's saying a lot. In fact, it's probably an olfactory illusion caused by the significant reduction in base notes in this composition, in order to render it a more "daytime appropriate" alternative to GOLD.

But the price paid was too steep, according to my nose, for what remains in DIA is a pared-down version of GOLD by far the most dominant note of which is aldehydes. If I were putting together the note hierarchy, I'd include an entire row of the bright-blue sky aldehyde pictures, because they really overwhelm all of the floral and other notes. This perfume belongs in its own category, not floral, nor even floral aldehyde, but: aldehyde. They are clear; they are crisp; they are limpid and clean. But they are what they are: aldehydes.

For all of the reasons--and then some--that I recommend WHITE LINEN to those who like GOLD, I feel even more compelled to recommend CALECHE (by Guy Robert, creator of GOLD) or CHANEL No. 5 or WHITE LINEN to those who like DIA!

fenlady
fenlady

I absolutely love this scent! I dabbed on some of my sample this morning and it instantly lifted my spirits! The aldehydes fizz deliciously, while the rose note and other florals sound a joyful chorus that soon takes over. Some of the Amouage scents are too heavy for me (I'm a natural pale blonde easily overwhelmed by Ubar or Gold) but this is delightful. Could certainly wear for evening too - a cocktail party or intimate dinner, either way it would sparkle and uplift.

truffle
truffle

I can spray it a little only, otherwise it "sounds" too loud. Maybe that's why it smells very close to skin, but how beautiful! The base is charming and if this smell goes well with your skin chemistry, you'll enjoy this deep, soft and sensual aroma.

zsazsa
zsazsa

To me Dia is all about beautiful flowers in bloom. It is such a sweet, happy and uplifting fragrance. I agree with nonnative that the aldehydes are very similar to Chanel no. 5, if not more present and noticable. But once the aldehydes evaporate, Dia is quite wearable and I find it suitable for day time wear. The notes I detect most are aldehydes,fig, cyclamen,jasmine,incense and musk.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Luxury day wear, a fragrance that is both
vibrant and sophisticated with delectable
notes of Fig, Bergamot and Rose Oil over a
warming, exotic base of White Musk,
Frankincense, Vanilla and Sandalwood.

uninco
uninco

Yesterday I've got a sample of it and what a pleasant surprise! Actually I like nothing from Amouage, but this one goes together with my chemistry and favorable for me. It smells deep, very soft and very expensive. It reminds me of my childhood and of my mom when she was young. When I'm wearing it I feel myself so complete so self-sufficient, because what else shell you wish when you have such a wonderful smell around you? It inspires me; it makes me feel a woman that can everything. I'm a queen when I'm wearing it... The only question is the price... Does my kingdom wont to go out of the business, because of the Partum?

nonnative
nonnative

I like dia. It make me feel classy, beautiful, feminine and clean. But it is too light for its price. And the aldheides are to similar to chanel n. 5 for my taste. Still a wonderful creation anyway.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I wanted to try this one based on La Chat Lunatique's high opinion of it, and I'm so glad I did! Dia is absolutely sublime.
From the very first whiff, it's high quality ingredients and mastery of formulation (it's Jean-Claude Ellena after all!) are completely evident.
In fact, it's so fine I'm quite sure I'm not worthy. If I had a conscience I'd go wash this off right now. It's just too good for me. Fortunately, I don't suffer from conscience.
Dia, you had me from Bon Jour.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This review is for the EdP of Dia. I find the balancing of the sweet fig in the top by such pungent spices and sage and tarragon and the sweet, watery note of cyclamen to be very crafty Usually we see Bergamot in this role. While the danger here is that all forces join to create an olfactory disaster, here we see no such thing. There is such restraint in this perfume, allover, that I want to scream "Take off that mink coat! Let's see what you've got underneath!". The aldehydes are intolerable if you apple the perfume in amounts sufficient to get a hit from the notes. Therein lies the nature of Dia: a smoldering and beautiful symphony unavailable to us through the armor of aldehydes. While this creates a certain effect, it leaves me wanting more.

After about 10 minutes, the aldehydes quiet a little bit, and allow a delicious candy-flower note to come through. The rose oil is readily apparent and fixes the other sweet scents of fruit flowers (yum). The orris is playing in the background; it doesn't have a big prescence here but likely is used as a base for the heart to create this huge powdery effect.

(I just got buzzed by a hummingbird! Apparently she likes the peach and orange flower notes. Thought they were attracted by color more than smell, so I guess this is more potent to birds than humans)

I have to agree with others that the comparison to Chanel No. 5 is very true-in character and in the use of aldehydes. No 5 was my first thought upon application of Dia. However, the ingredients are very different, and Dia is far less soapy and loud. One can also get this type of fragrance in Van Cleef's First and Hermes' 24 Fauborg. I also find similarities to Beautiful by EL, in that it is a very busy and inaccessible rose-centered fragrance. Dia's quality surpasses that of Beautiful, but if I was on a budget (which I should be) I would squirt some No. 5 over some Beautiful and run out the door.

BethAshley
BethAshley

This fragrance starts out soapy and a few hours later becomes almost dusty smelling. I agree with Megansmoms' assessment of it smelling like an expensive rose soap. This is most definitely for a mature woman. It's a good quality fragrance, but I'm not a fan.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I agree that this scent is soapy....like a very high quality and expensive rose soap, used by a mature (not old, just mature!) lady. Very nice, but I was really only happy with the drydown, as the musky base melded with the rose. Pretty, but not pretty enough to spend this kind of money on anything but a sample!

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

True it is a little like Chanel no5 but much cleaner. There is no doubt the roses are there and it is not too heavy.

Mals86
Mals86

I found Dia rather "perfumy" and not something that I would ever actually wear... leaving aside the ridiculously high price of it. Sure, it's composed of some beautiful and expensive ingredients, and certainly the beautiful bottle is worth something on its own. But it reminds me somewhat of the menu at a restaurant where the chef is so impressed with the fancy ingredients available that he keeps creating dishes too rich to be really enjoyed. Having sampled this Jean-Claude Ellena creation before trying some of his other, more characteristic creations, I was surprised at how light and effortless they seem, compared to the lush density of Dia. It's almost rococo in its style, very decorated.

This is a beautiful scent, but it's too much for me, in several senses. If you don't mind spending an arm and a leg, and your personal style is ornate, it's probably for you, and you will definitely smell wonderful.

mademoiselle_nicole
mademoiselle_nicole

wonderfully warm and clean at the same time, dia will be something that makes you enjoy yourself. it is a fragrance that will make you feel worthy...
it's the way you would round up a perfect bathing ritual, not just an easy shower. it is true that Dia is daywear, but is has the sophisticated elegance of a perfect pearl or white soft gloves. for everybody who likes to celebrate the art of femininity every day after day.

jeca
jeca

Rich, oriental and very expensive ;o(
For those who likes florientals.

2007