Designers » A » Chypre Floral « Groups

smoky
cinnamon
leather
Fate for Women Amouage for women Videos
Fate for Women Amouage for women Pictures Fate for Women Amouage for women Pictures Fate for Women Amouage for women Pictures

AMOUAGE presents a new fragrant pair called FATE which arrives on the market in the summer of 2013. The new fragrances come in very distinctive and luxurious bottles in colors of pearl iridescence in shades of yellow, purple, light green and light blue. Gold details underline the luxurious composition. This fairy-tale edition is emphasized by the illustrations of the moon, sun and stars on the outer cartons that hold the bottles on the pedestals.

The new fragrance for women Amouage Fate for Women is announced as very spicy and floral. It belongs to the oriental-chypre-floral fragrances. Its composition opens with bergamot, cooling the rich blend of spices (pepper, chili and cinnamon) in the top notes. The heart of the composition includes a floral bouquet of rose, jasmine and daffodil, surrounded by a mysterious veil of incense and labdanum. The base incorporates an extremely oriental blend of vanilla, patchouli, incense, benzoin, castoreum, leather and oak moss.

Bergamot Red Chilli Pepper Pepper Cinnamon

Rose Jasmine Narcissus Incense Labdanum

Vanila Patchouli Benzoin Castoreum Incense Leather Oakmoss

Fate for Women Fragrance Reviews

SamsaraSakura
SamsaraSakura

Fate, what a perfect name for this whimsical creation.

First time I smelled Fate, the first feeling that came upon me was gratitude.

I am taking a stroll in the garden while the neighbor is baking cinnamon rolls... it is after the rain when the earth smells all muddy and nice, and damp the smell of spring flowers comes through too once in a while...

I love the animalic aspect as well and it quite reminds me of Beloved.

A must-have and an all-time favorite for me.

najgirl
najgirl

This is my favorite Amouage, and I am obsessed with Amouage! Fate is spicy, warm, sexy, classic (in a YSL Opium-kind-of-way), and very modern at the same time. I find it much more modern than classic - very modern, actually. I have never loved a perfume so much on first spritz! It's very Oriental, and bursting with cinnamon, pepper, floral notes, incense, and leather. Months ago, I ordered a women's discovery set from Luckyscent and this one really stood out. Love it!

Calvini
Calvini

Where do people smell the incense!? To me it's very musky, soft/powdery, floral, and warm; like a (10-20 yrs) younger sister of Amouage Gold

Asinya
Asinya

Been wanting to try this for ages, and was fortunate enough to have a sample sent to me by an awesome, awesome member here :)

I have previously had (and been impressed by) Lyric and Epic - both of those develop through seriously different stages, and Fate does this too - I wonder if that is perhaps in common for all Amouage fragrances?

The drydown is soft and warm and glorious, but sadly the opening and first two hours don't really appeal to me - it seems to somehow get in my nose to sting it. Too smoky and even cinnamon'y. I am also starting to learn that daffodil doesn't work well for me, sadly.

It is quite a grand fragrance though, but ultimately, a bit too much for me. I am happy I got to smell it :)

rooa
rooa

Flower power and a dash of joyful spring!

eatigs
eatigs

karrykins, the cut glass bottles described in the review you reference below were her grandmother's. The review said Fate Woman smelled like the box that held the grandmother's older perfumes. You wouldn't be baffled if you read carefully.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

warm spicy with balsamic..
On opening I get a powerful Bergamot and chilli and sweet cinnamon, followed by the Narcissus and rose . then vanilla and Incense smelling floral ..
this product is appropriate for cold weather.
I have found this product so lovable.
It is a feminine perfume.
i love it
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

swade
swade

Sadly, this turned into a powder bomb on me. It had several 5 star reviews on Lucky Scent and the description/notes sounded like something I'd like, but as Fate would have it... :) That being said, I didn't enjoy Fate because I don't like powdery scents. If that's what you like, this will be exactly what you're looking for.

Strange_Alchemy
Strange_Alchemy

First, the solid hit of incense. It smelled like a lacquered, mother of pearl inlaid box where my great grandmother kept her bottles of perfume.

I could see the cut glass had turned milky with age, and the perfume oil, all the popular balsamic florientals of yore were syrupy, concentrated, sticking to the bottom of the bottles.

The lacquer is peppered incense, pearl the hit of white flowers, followed by fine wood, devoid of sweetness (at least, on me). It surrounds like a billowy, rich blue jeweled veil. Perhaps that's why Shalimar came to mind, but this is better. It's Shalimar's more sophisticated, far more worldly older sister.

This perfume is masterfully mixed - I've never smelled anything quite like it...but it's not for me. I put a dab on before bed, and by 1 am, it had throatily yelled me awake. I ended up washing my wrist twice to totally get rid of it, which is a good thing for those who love perfumes that hum lustily right above the skin.

FINMAC
FINMAC

I get leather and narcissus and musk.... notes that I personally love as we had narcissi in the garden at home and it was a long awaited harbinger of Spring. The leather note does it for me, because,as the youngest of 6 growing up in 70's whose siblings came back from the Big Smoke at the weekend with their exotically infused leather jackets thrown over the backs of chairs in the kitchen...mmmmmmm Heaven....and I SO get the OPIUM reference as my sister was an avid fan of said fragrance in the late 70's, early 80's and all her leather jackets smelled EXACTLY of FATE so I was destined (excuse the pun) to adore this....it's not half bad on my skin either which helps. I also have to add, like all Amouge perfumes, the quality is second to none.

Eos
Eos

The opening of Fate Woman is a nose tickling blast of pepper and spice which quickly turns into a well balanced and smooth cinnamon note. The heart still has cinnamon, but a wonderful leathery labdanum emerges and is supported by a distinct dry cedar note, a pinch of cumin, something else animalic (could be a mixture of one of the white florals and castoreum) and a vague creamy floral which is probably rose. The drydown is beautiful and ambraic: featuring more cinnamon, labdanum, cedar and benzoin/vanilla.

I am puzzled why cedar is not listed here. It's the second most prominent note in the heart of this fragrance and clearly discernible. Cumin is also not listed and also clearly present to my nose.

Fate Woman has quite the reputation as a powerhouse scent that's a bit difficult to wear. Imagine my surprise after sampling it from a dab vial and finding it pushed all my personal buttons as a comfort scent! Perhaps its because it bears some resemblance to Opium which was worn by several female role models of mine. Or perhaps when it is dabbed, this just comes off as cozy.

Overall, this is a very nice fragrance and perhaps something I will eventually add to my wardrobe. The craftsmanship is clearly evident in how simultaneously smooth and complex Fate Woman is---all notes are well blended and perfectly rendered.

Wear Fate Woman and experience true perfume luxury.

ladykarl
ladykarl

The drydown of fate smells of cinnamon buns, which is certainly not terrible-
but on my skin there was a pre-cursing two plus hours of being imprisoned by evil baby powder torture that made my brain want to explode from my head
To me-there are much better labdanum scents out there--
I'll stick with the one by le labo--
Though i can smell a faint bit of jasmine -I hardly detect the narcissus, except maybe that it lends to a kindof soapiness-
its hard to know what to trust, generally, with perfume reviews because its mainly a matter of taste- which is more often than not based of what we are comfortable with, or think we 'know'
Then there is Style-
and matter of Interest-perhaps how far we can push, pull, redefine and collage our own ideas, ideals and boundaries, enter into unknown territories, ect.
of course theres also politics
and history, random opinion, rebels with no real cause arguers
show-offs
(and maybe even those who just wish to throw us off track)
and of course there is also that skin chemistry stuff-
but then you think-are there not perfumes that can be made to smell good on everyone?

when this is a skin scent it eventually smells very similar to knize ten, which was perhaps an inspiration and i reckon is much better (though the top notes are more masculine )

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Fate is a grown up feminine oriental which exhibits vibrant spice and leather . Suitable for cooler weather, yet it evokes scenes of Eastern bazaars and the desert. I get an undertone of lanolin in this one. I won't be rushing out to buy a full bottle. So far, of the few Amouage fragrances I've experienced only Beloved has really rocked my world.

margaritatee
margaritatee

...did i mention i was looking for a grown up vanilla? along comes Fate for women, and now i have a dilemma. a vanilla-dilemma. because while i do not like that opening -- being punched in the head by a patchouli monster or like the house of chanel got high on meth, or both -- i adore what happens next. i put a stopwatch on it, and after about 45 mins the fizzy-fizz dies away and we enter the incense zone, where dark interiors and toasty cinnamon play together; next drifting into a heavenly labdunum-vanilla phase, messed up by a touch of cat's pee – ‘cause we don't want to get too comfortable on this adventure. Chilli licking like a magic flame too, to keep us conscious. The next turn is to leather, like someone opened a valise filled with parchment and rosewood chips ... Then the last squiggle on me is towards the animal, a very clean horse maybe with sand in its hair and wind whipping its mane but still ... warm smoke and a touch of sweat. By the end i am spent with a smile on my lips, that scary beginning long-forgotten. Ugh. Fate is precisely what i want in the way of a complex vanilla, but i'm conflicted by the feeling of having to curl my toes and endure the first 45 mins every time ... so... i will stay with my decant for a while and try to figure out my feelings ... nice problem to have :)

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

A huge dose of aldehyde at the front with floral backbone(Plumeria/narcissus). It projects very well. I don't get much spices tho.

archivist
archivist

Soft benzoin Vanilla. Rich, cocoa leather of labdanum and a chiffon-sheer breeze of frankincense and olibanum. Wisps of jasmine and rose. Effervescent and cozy warmth from cinnamon and a bright ember of red pepper. Composed by Dorothee Piot.

If you're wondering how the pepper works in this, think of a time when you were working with a fresh, ripe, bright red pepper in the kitchen. Delicately slivering the crisp flesh with a cool blade, brushing out the seeds, then turning the edge to dice the ribbons. You know better than to slip one of those inviting red slivers into your mouth, but it smells so tempting, so fresh, so spicy. Maybe you wonder if you can just... A little bit. Like dipping a foot in a pond, you dip the tip of one finger into the vivid juice on the cutting board. You touch it to your lip; just the bottom lip, the lightest touch. The heat immediately suffuses the delicate pink skin; you press the lips together and they are suddenly tingling and warm, filled with a rush of vitality, feel supple and flush. Your eyes are probably sparkling from the rush. That warmth is just enough fire to light you up, but not so much as to burn you down.

That's what it does in this perfume. That's how it works. It doesn't smell like pepper. It *feels* like it. Just that much.

But this isn't a perfume, it's a potion. One sip, and you're surrounded by a halo of soft white light, warm and mysterious and reassuring.

It is exotic and cozy at the same time; soft and lightly sweet with that low, slow, delicious ember of heat. The subtle and sophisticated floralcy is more like the musicality of silvery windchimes ringing on the breeze, from someplace which could be near... Or far. The rose and jasmine is atmospheric, not front and center. Front and center: that wonderful juxtaposition of different kinds of warmth, the harmonious balancing of the alliance between opposites.

Someone who knows and loves me well says that this perfume is like my name; it is me. I feel the same way. This is mostly all I have worn since it arrived.

I agree that it is astonishingly beautiful in the heat; somehow the hotter it is, the more gossamer and soft and supple it becomes. I have no idea how this will perform in cold weather. I'd love to wear it year-round, but perhaps this will turn out to be a summer scent. It's hard to imagine Fate constrained by cold, shivering and quiet in a hostile climate. It carries so much of its own warmth...

But perhaps what's needed in winter is the extrait. I can hardly imagine how gorgeous that must be.

cainesrose
cainesrose

Nothing smells like Fate. It opens sharply, with a spicy, pure sex chilli and cinnamon scent, and dries down to a gorgeous and mysterious incense. It is bold and feminine- the most sexy perfume I have ever come across. Like sweaty dancing, too many glasses of cabernet, and dirty sheets.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Warning: May give heightened confidence, sexuality and desire to take over the world. It has been awhile since I was head over heels over a fragrance and then Fate comes along.

Fate makes me imagine a female super hero from a comic book such as Jean Grey/Phoenix, Black Canary, Psylocke, WonderWoman...a woman in latex and leather, a woman that's aggressive, powerful and sexy! At first spritz it confronts you with a kick of chili and cinnamon. Soon the incense, resins, pepper and florals explode in glory. As time goes on, it leans more sweeter with vanilla and more floral but can still put you in a chokehold for I can still smell a touch of leather and the resin. There is also a raw, animalic smell in fate, it must be from the patchouli or castoreum, but it is just the right amount. It last a very long time on skin, im very impressed with the longevity. When I first tested this, I received many compliments from both men and women. This is a strong yet feminine fragrance, for me this is the ultimate "femme fatal" perfume. A dynamite fragrance!

Zobeide
Zobeide

Perhaps it was the crisp chill in the wintery Melbourne air this morning but the florals were very subtle, very much in the background, when I tested Fate today. The spices and incense came through as bright top notes against a resinous background in the early stages, and as the day progressed the fragrance subsided into a quiet yet comfortingly warm, resinous amber. I enjoyed Fate's gentle sweetness with it's suggestion of vanilla/benzoin which to my taste is just enough to give warmth and grace to its predominant character of labdanum-edged amber. The incense is also a consistent feature but, happily, never becomes acrid.

On me Fate's projection was moderate for an hour, and then faded to a skin sent over many hours, without losing its satisfying richness & depth. Putting my nose to my arm 12 hours after the morning spritz I'm reminded of Serge Lutens' Ambre Sultan.

I think this fragrance would be divinely seductive on a man.

shushkin
shushkin

I managed to obtain a sample of this and fell in love. The chili tickles my nose and really makes the fragrance "fizz". Well, thats the only way I can describe what I smell. Vibrant spiciness. The sillage is moderate and the fragrance disappeared altogether at 5-6 hours. Im tempted to buy but with a hefty price tag i would expect greater longevity.

becuille
becuille

Wow! I think I'm in love. Be warned though, this one is not for the faint of heart. The spice hits like a bomb and doesn't let up for a second.

This is probably better suited to being a night time perfume, but I'd gladly wear it during the day. It opens with a blast of peppery chili and cinnamon. I actually thought I was going to sneeze when I first tried it (thankfully I didn't!).

I was wary of the civet. It's a note I really can't stand usually and always smells like urine on my skin. But although the civet comes out in the dry down, it's actually very wearable. It's another reminder than even notes you don't usually like can work in certain perfumes, so it's always worth giving things a try.

There's a Guerlainade vibe to the dry down, but less powdery. I've found I can't really wear Shalimar (it smells like play dough on me), but in Fate, I've found a perfume with the same courage and sexiness that actually works on my skin. Shalimar with spice would probably be the best description of this.

Daffodil with it's sunny spiciness is a perfect addition.

This is so unashamedly oriental. It's spice from start to finish (i find the chili to be most prominent), but it offers lush florals and creamy vanilla as it dries down too.

Go easy with this though. One spray is enough, maybe two if you're feeling brave. It packs a very powerful punch. I got about 10 hours longevity from it.

dfirefly
dfirefly

Oh yes, this is the complex spicy scent I want! The peppery snap is softened by lovely wood notes, enhanced with a bit of floral. Did not last as long on me as other Amouage fragrances - only about 6 hours.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Love, love, love! This is absolutely wonderful. Amouage does it again.
Looking at the notes, I have absolutely no idea how the pyramid relates to what I'm smelling. Chili pepper? Are you serious? What I'm getting is a vintage chypre with all harshness buffed away. (Some have mentioned Youth Dew and it's cola aspect. That seems about right.) For whatever reason, even though it isn't listed in the notes, I keep smelling dates, ever so slightly spiced dates that are somehow not sweet and extremely sophisticated.
The dry down is to die for.
This goes straight to the want list.
Edit: This is insanely strong. So strong my nose conks out and I can't smell anything. I've remedied that by spraying a small spritz on my shin. My nose is far enough away that it doesn't get overwhelmed but close enough that I can still smell it. It's reminding me a lot of 24 Faubourg. Not because they smell the same but because they have a similar character. Plush, powder, aldehydes and animalic. Beautiful, classic but interesting and well done. Either can be worn anywhere.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This is better than "Fate" for Men; at least it doesn't smell like curried pencil shavings.

On opening I get a powerful blast of chilli and sweet cinnamon, followed by the leathery tanginess of labdanum. The incense develops slowly, combined with a dense vanilla and a slightly indolic smelling floral or animal note (possibly jasmine and leather). It reminded me a bit of "Rien" by Etat Libre d'Orange in this phase.

Overall it's warm, dry and wintry, not especially feminine. Can't think of many scenarios where I would want to wear it in public though. It's more of a comfort scent to me.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Not a perfume for daily wear? I am a Leo, so bring it! I have no problem wearing luxurious perfumes for no reason at all. Fate is one of the most breathtaking perfumes I have ever smelled. It is just short of being perfectly balanced, as incense is a huge part of the whole fragrance and tips the balance in the balsamic direction.. It does not take long for the ethereal incense to cast its spell; specifically frankincense, which I smell crystal clear and in large, billowy quantities. This is Boswelia resin of excellent quality, a scent that takes me back to my Catholic upbringing. But there is also a sensual blend of dry spices that lays like a soft blanket over the scent of two lovers' soiled bed sheets. Oh, blasphemy! This is not a church perfume.

This is my second Amouage full bottle. Thinking about the price tag causes me to have stomach pains. Hurts so good!

pravda48
pravda48

Wow, for being one of my first forays into Amouage, I am impressed.

First of all it's the smoothness of the blending that most impresses me.

To me it's a deep brown, warm n' vintage powdery mix of labdanum, a touch of castoreum, and cinnamon, SO well done. Spicy pepper/incense add the 2nd layer of interest with a slight sweet warmth of cinnamon. The lingering of almost-so-clean-they're-soapy narcissus flirts w/ my nose as I pull my face away from my wrist. The narcissus (& a touch of rose) are a bit too obvious beneath the powdery/sweet/spicy warmth at close range for me to really love it (it's a bit astringent in the undertone for an hour or 2 with that sinus-pinch I associate with that), but it's still a really nice vintagey dark powder scent.

Much more depth than the first time I tested it, I will never again give away an Amouage sample w/o testing at least twice!

[sample, 1.23.15]

mvd99
mvd99

If Opium, Coromandel and Organza Indecence had a baby, it would smell like Fate. Beautiful with great projection and longevity but for the price, if you already own these others, you can do without.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Fate Woman is a sort of light, pleasant, unisex, kind of generic and “all-rounder” bright chypre with a zesty, sweet, invigorating opening comprising citrus, elemi, down to herbs, amber, sandalwood, warm and earthy resinous-labdanum notes and the usual soapy-powdery stuff. The leather note is initially barely perceivable, while it becomes a bit more substantial as time passes, together with the civet, slowly bringing Fate towards spicier, more herbal and darker territories. A sort of poor man’s Shalimar or Chamade at three times the price, just fresher and spicier. As much elegant and perfectly executed as derivative and boring, in my opinion.

6-6,5/10

golinka
golinka

It is herbal, it is sweet, it is cinnamon and mist! Dry down is beautiful, silage is just right, but it is HEAVY and mature. There is no freshness, no revolution. Also reminds of Vietnamic balsam, very aromatic and medicinal. I do love the dry notes in it, but overly spiced opening is too much for my nose

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I don't know that I would have the guts to wear this in public - the opening stages are a bit mature for me, and it is Very animalic. Nonetheless, the drydown on Fate Woman is heavenly, and I have no doubt that when it wears off I will crave it. Fate Woman is incense and animal sex in a bottle.

This is a fragrance for nighttime. It is fireplaces and champagne, strawberries and creme, violet candies, old books, ornate tables, velvet blankets, unlaced corsets, embroidered chaise lounges, crystal chandeliers, seductive music, furs, and absinthe or opium. Mysterious, languorous, old-world hedonism at its best.

GMK
GMK

Love the opening very spicy sweet and shining till 10-15 minutes, Cinnamon and citrus with some sweetness plays till the second phase kicks in....and here I start thinking where I smelt this thing before....may be I am wrong but It has lot in common with Kenzo Flower and some Estees.....Especially the notes which reminds me a Feminine fragrance of 70s and 80s....it can be any thing but modern...will never want my wife to wear this again at least with me....

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I put this on after showering. My boyfriend said I smelled like a burrito. There ya go, folks.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

this was the one Amouage I put off for a long time. Recently I have been trying my sample and it is the scent of seduction. Very superior and elegant. It seems to be adorned by gentleman complimenting it and children less so. Very much an adult R rated parfum. it is ecstasy.

I pick up smoke and Castoreum in the opening, on my skin. I find this to be a evening or date parfum. If Gold is a morning bright maiden this is the evening mistress.

Its a bit sexual in scent and oddly at the same time extremely elegant. A gentle rose and the best vanilla on the planet.
Fate is not my favorite of Amouage. However if you ever need to step it up a dial in the love department this is hypnotizing. Not for the innocent.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

It's kind of unreal how they have blended the chilli and the cinnamon... it's just fantastic. But again, more a smell for a high end hotel suite, or at home. Or perhaps a very, very special occasion. I can't imagine it being anyone's every day fragrance, because it takes time to experience, and it is oh so unusual.

ularewolf
ularewolf

Was thinking about blind-buying this then remembered I had a spray sample of it. So, it's driving me nuts, because honestly all I get is HEAVY florals with a little bit of olibanum and patchouli with a powdery feel.

The fragrance screams white floral to me, and honestly it's hard to pick out the vanilla and benzoin, which are two of my favorite notes. Castoreum? I get no animalics from this (another fave of mine), I just keep getting hit in the face with the jasmine and narcissus.

The fragrance also stays very linear to me, I thought maybe after a while the florals would calm down but they don't. I'll wear more of the sample and possibly do a review on it. The quality shows, but unfortunately my nose doesn't pick up on the extravagances that others seem to.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

My first testing of this was in much colder weather, and it was very very different. I pretty much dismissed the scent and put the sample away. Then came summer. It was a totally different experience, one that I had been hoping to have in cooler weather!

Unlike its predecessor Beloved, Fate is a spicy, sweeter, and powdery affair. The spice profile, at least for me is one that is quite soft, though no less full bodied than some of the other spicy fragrances in my wardrobe.

One of the things I find with this line is though the sillage can be on the rather big side, these perfumes excel in warm/hot weather. If worn lightly (one or 2 sprays) then yes this can be worn very well in hot/humid conditions.

On me I tend to get vanilla and benzonin and narcissus first, then the peppers, all the while coasting on a on a very fluffy light talc powder, sandalwood, and musk. On cooler days I get more floral but on hot days, not so much. Its certainly not linear in any way but, some of the notes are harder to pick out. Like for instance, I have to really search for the rose. The patchouli and oakmoss are not in your face. They're pretty well mixed in and if I really search for them, they're in there.

I would guess you could consider it to be rather hazy, as the notes are not sharp in any way, but with the strong notes such as these, I don't mind having the powder cut them back a bit. It certainly makes for a much more pleasant experience.

Longevity is a bit weird though. Really hot days its a much shorter affair, about 6 hours which for the house is quite short lived. However, cooler days and it can easily last twice that long.

Full bottle worthy? In my case absolutely, but don't buy this blind. Test it first and keep an open mind about it.

nebbe
nebbe

Layering with Shalimar. Getting lovely spicy, floral vanilla. Fate by herself - 5 sprays even - did not project and turned to skin scent quickly. I didn't get enough vanilla for my taste this evening, and therefore the single spray of Shalimar.
Great bedtime combo. Will repeat for sure.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Ladies - Go directly to Fate Man. If you don't like the smell of black licorice or OUZO pass all together.

Fate Woman acted so weird on my skin I couldn't make sense of anything. There was an herbal garden smell then it blobbed up and faded away. I couldn't pick out any extraordinary notes.

The worst female composition from Amouage that I have tried.

emily7
emily7

Since most of the previous reviewers took the time and effort to evoke this beautiful fragrance, I would merely add/agree that it smells very complex and mature.
Wearing it for some time now and not being able to analyze it speaks of its complexity and adds to its mystery; wearing it continuously one will discover a new layer, new chord, new impression, day by day.

Note: under the opulence of layers, quite unawares, there a Shalimaresque soul hiding; not as a reference or a pattern I believe, more as a lucky coincidence...

day to day
day to day

I had to get used to Fate.
But once I did for a bit, I just had to buy.
It is a beautiful composition.
To be worn on very special occasions, I can not wear it every day. I really feel too insecure sometimes to wear it.
Maybe I bought it with the future in my mind.

Alex1984
Alex1984

Fate woman feels like an homage to the masterpieces of yesterday, a child from another era. I see from the mixed reviews that it's a love or hate fragrance, but to me it feels like a masterpiece on its own right.
Fate opens on my skin with a crisp bergamot and powdery narcissus. It feels vintage but fresh at the same time. There's an underlying darkness that gives off a certain nostalgic vibe throughout, curtesy of oakmoss, leather and vanilla.
As it unfolds, the florals become more prominent. It's all about yellow flowers on my skin, with a touch of jasmine; underneath I can feel the spicy core of Opium, pulsating on my skin with its floral spicy opulence. The leathery castoreum conjures Bandit, worn by a mysterious stranger in the night. And then comes my favorite part, the vanillic creaminess of Shalimar, with its bergamot opening and sensual musky base.
The description looks simple and quite different from your standard Amouage; and at the same time complex and beguiling. That's where true artistry lies. I was prepared to feel just meh, and frankly I was surprised by how much I enjoy Fate. It's like meeting old friends that you've lost contact with and catching glimps of perfumery's glorious past.
Fate woman is completely unisex, has a big sillage and amazing longevity. I feel it's a must try for anyone who loves vintage perfumes. I feel they've set the bar high and I'm looking forward to their next release. In my opinion it's a masterpiece and I'm slowly getting smitten by their line. Though I'm sure my wallet will argue! 5*!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Very complex and mature scent, just like most of the Amouages. It's very spicy-balsamic on my skin, I definitely picked out cinnamon, vanilla and floral notes. And I just loved the sweet and powdery dry-down, coupled with soft leather and patchouli. It smells very smooth, actually; smoother than some other Amouage scents I've tried. I like it, it's very good for the winter-time.

christianne1
christianne1

OMG this is love at first sniff for me! It is hard for me to understand the criticism because all I am getting is something worship worthy. I adore labdanum and all things musky, oriental and vanilla so I could not possibly go wrong I guess. Add some rose, patchouli, incense and leather and I am dinging the bell because we have a winner. The combo of castoreum, labdanum and olibanum just makes this heaven to my nose. Wrist sniffer all the way. This is a total LOVE/LUST/SWOON for me!!! :D

meysamgh
meysamgh

I really don't know what is happening to Amouage but this one doesn't worth the money. It smells like a cheap cologne (or like others said baby powder) but extremely powerfull and last longing. I couldn't bear wearing it more than 1 hour as this is the first perfume that game me headache. I think after Amouage changed their perfumer their quality is not also the same as before.
I have heaps of Amouage's perfumes both Men and Women and I bought them even without try but I should revise that :D
By the price you pay you expect to be unique but not with this. I wish Amouage review their production line as it's not the unique one for me anymore :(

Gorgo
Gorgo

On my skin, this perfume initially smells like Johnson's baby powder before drying down to vanilla. Good quality vanilla, but that's all I get.

It has huge sillage and incredible longevity.

I wanted to love this scent, but I just can't.

Maodo
Maodo

AnyaZ, i totally agree with you. Too loud, too sharp, and unfortunately it gives me a headache :-(

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

Intense, Indian bazaar.
This one is not for me, as it is just too penetrating and incense-like. The quality comes through in a more rounded dry-down, but this one is loud and gives me a bit of a headache. Back to more natural wood and green scents for me...

On my skin most of all I feel the mostly labdanum, also vanilla bean, jasmine, leather and castoreum notes in this fragrance. Pleasant enough.

I like this fragrance. But I can't say that I'm impressed.

For that moment it's the only fragrance that I like somehow by this brand.

WendyMH
WendyMH

So... in all honesty I wanted to NOT like this scent. I already have too many expensive habits and despite the GORGEOUS bottle I just wanted to be able to tick this off my list of things I've experienced, but don't really do it for me.

My first sniff was interested. It's unusual... I like unusual. It was hard to place any of the notes, but I was certainly picking up the chili pepper. A hot smell, a burning in the back of my nose and throat. And then it mellowed out a bit and I really liked it. It smelled like smoky leather, but not quite... so hard to put a finger on.

About 30 minutes later it became musty and a strong scent of urine came through, though the chili pepper remained. Very animalic. Also a bit too much vintage powder, little old lady for me. But I didn't scrub it off.

After another 30 minutes it was all come hither mystery again. She's seductive, this one. So I reapplied and went through the stages again with more expectant patience for those urinal notes that temporarily show up.

Drying down.... the narcissus comes forward and I start smelling the floral notes that were simply not 'visible' to my nose for the first hours. A spicy vanilla. Something mysterious and starry. I think I may have been enchanted.

Still undecided, but cannot stop smelling my wrist. And the chili note remains lodged in my nose as a reminder and open invitation to smell again, smell again...

Post Script: I really liked this defiantly mysteriously changing perfume. The drydown was DIVINE chili vanilla floral. However, there were too many moments with lingering 'undergarments that need laundering' scent, especially as the price tag is large enough to prohibit impulsive buying. Though the notes are very different, the personality of the fragrance reminded me of Penhaligon's Amaranthine. Think I will happily use up my sample, but in end live happily ever after with Amaranthine. Then again...

demby
demby

esta fragancia es exquisitamente bella,hermosa bien mezclada 100/100 para amouage
en mi experiencia con los aromas dulces es de lo mejor esta mezcla de flores y vainilla, tiene muy buena fijación y longevidad
antes de usar esta fragancia estaba un poco renuente a usar un perfume que fuese única y exclusivamente para mujer......pero en cuanto use amouage fate mujer me gusto y ahora claro que lo usare.....
para mi es mas unisex

sin dejar de mencionar fate hombre mucho mas oscuro y lleno de especias, el comino sobre sale es fuerte sin duda para el hombre rudo que quizá no le gusten las fragancias de flores.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Fate woman was gifted to me. Firstly, I'd like to say thank you, I'm honored.

I've taken a good three wearings now, in heat, cool, and heat again. I definitely have to conclude that warmer weather favors Amouage offerings, although they are nice, rich & satisfying in winter as well.

On to Fate Woman itself. Fate begins with a conflicted opening, immediate opposition of bergamot, & chili pepper, backed by vanilla- which is disconcerting for a moment, as though one is experiencing a temperature change, or intense emotion. This simultaneously hot & cool juxtaposition is gone in about 15 minutes, and then benzoin, vanilla, cinnamon, castoreum, & soft, finished leather join together to create a warming effect not unlike the transition of an "icy hot" type of balm. (No smell in common, just the sensation.) That's why I got the goosebumps, the cool bergamot finally leaves the party! It felt for a moment as if I were in a warm climate wearing only silk, and was hit with an icy breeze! Back to the gorgeously rich heart, Fate takes a twist from the duality of what may have been, and into the realm of now, and here it becomes a scent full of warm, intense, and sensuous beauty. A memory of desert, a longing for warmth-Fate exudes this languorous warmth. It seems to play a small trick, the sillage around me will be floral, I will smell out of nowhere a beautiful jasmine & narcissus combo, but close to my wrists I can only smell the rich base notes (the ever present incense factor in most Amouage offerings gently adrift here) and the leather, always present for me. Not like Bandit, or Cuoio, something truly balmy, soft, finished & buttery, that you want to caress. I think the castoreum has an amplifying effect here to create a sense of being among luxury things or surroundings. And then that halo of divine floral flits about for just a moment, like a memory or momentary daydream which quickly evaporates. Patchouli, is here just to ground the scent, and does not become assertive as in Epic, Labdanum keeps it a bit in the narcoticly addictive and slightly forbidden category almost as in HdP Marquis De Sade's Leather & Labdanum combo. (once again just component comparison). Only in the very end do I smell any rose, or moss, and I think that this is once again, just a masterful blending, they seem to act as a team to keep this fragrance from becoming too sweet, and just overboard. That slight rose & mossy astringentness with the bit of patchouli grounds it all.

The verdict, sillage, wonderful & billowy. Almost throws out a powder nuance for a moment, but it seems to be a more multifaceted & colored lift than the "vintage talcum" style I've grown to tolerate, and sometimes enjoy. Longevity is impressive, as is the appeal of the scent & development. I love a good story, and Fate will take you on a journey, through contradictory beginnings, a rich, rewarding climax, and end in a balmy, sensuous drydown, kept preciously close. It tickles my memory & pulls my heart strings-What a great perfume should do. In fact, it reminds me a bit of the Shalimar effect, as Fate creates its own mood & journey.

Presentation is stunning. The photos don't do it justice. I feel like this is a fragrance for a woman who has both loved and lost. Not a frivolous fragrance, but contemplative and contradictory. Its truly beautiful, and I find myself craving a luxurious, languorous, cloud of it at bedtime. Which is fine with husband, who loves it, and it seemed to fascinate others who asked what it was.

Its a scent that wants several tests to open up, rather in the moody manner of the legendary Mitsouko. Give Fate a chance, & maybe you'll find love!

A quick edit, I wouldn't limit this to the Women, men who enjoy GPH2 and its warm, spicy siblings may really enjoy Fate Woman!

Once again, thank you to my generous Perfume Fairy!

Nickie
Nickie

Oh boy. What a joy!

At my customary first three squirts, it was instant love. Truly. It was in danger of usurping my beloved signature scent straight off the bat. I didn't care about the detectable notes (I still don't, to be fair); all that occupied my mind were images of the intimate whispers of a lover, which Fate instantly brought to mind.

It's quiet and so very sophisticated. I've not had as strong an emotional response to a fragrance ever before. It has occupied my thoughts constantly since my maiden spritz 6 hours ago.

And then, 2 hours ago, I sniffed my wrist and, from nowhere, thought: furniture polish. What a come down! Fortunately, that reaction passed as quickly as it came! It's true, I'm at work and, while the desks aren't polished that regularly (!!), something may have transfered and mixed with the perfume. I will need to try it again at the weekend to give it a fair trial.

For now, polish references aside, Fate earns an immediate spot on my Favourite Fragrances shelf. And, who knows, after a couple more trials it may even become my signature. I'm secretly hoping it does. :-)

EDIT: I've tested Fate a further 3 times and, sadly, the furniture polish memory still lingers even when I'm not desk-bound. I maintain that it's a glorious scent, and one that I will upgrade from tester to full bottle in due course. But, as a contender for my signature scent it's fallen by the wayside despite retaining its spot on my Favourite Fragrance shelf.

Estebanz
Estebanz

SOTN : Amouage FATE WOMAN...
Im gonna go ahead and Say that this Fragrance Is one of the Most beautiful Fragrances Ive EVER EXPERIENCE,This is Stunning and it is going to Be my First Amouage purchase from the Woman line,and BTW this is completely Unisex,so dont let the FATE WOMAN Fool U.
FATE WOMAN IS ONE HELL OF A FRAGRANCE...
Very Spicy Cinnamon & Vanilla suround it By Patchouli and Incense,This is a pretty Scent with heavy Floral quality which will make a lot of people think of this as a female fragrance,but hold on TIGER,thats where the Perfect amount of Castoreum joins the Party and brings up a dirty Animalic Evil quality to match up with the Sweet Spicy Cinnamon/Vanilla Combo and the Floral Bouquet,Absolutely Stunning,The Projection of Amouage Fate Woman is NUCLEAR,I did 6 Sprays and My Mom Complimented me on the Scent from 15 Feet Away,I can Feel A Huge Cloud surounding me,this is MASSIVE.
Longevity is LONG LONGG LONGGG,You better use Lots of Soap and Two Hot Showers to Wash this of From your Skin....
I Put My Reputation on this Fragrance,If you Love well Done Sweet Powerful Vanilla fragrances with Personality and Charisma,You will Fall in Love with this New Release,Guarantee or your Money Back.

beata4u2
beata4u2

Imagine that you are in a dry, tropical country. Someplace like Egypt. You wake up in the morning, put on your moisturiser and tanning lotion. You go to the beach. You spend your day sunbathing, swimming, you play with sand and water. Your skin catches sunshine. You reapply your sunbathing lotion, maybe even some oil, just to give your skin that extra glow. You swim again. You build a sand castle. And then after few hours you go back to your apartment and just before you shower you sniff your skin. And you can literally smell the sun, and the sea water, and that body lotion or oil, you smell hot sand and the unnoticeable sea breeze, you smell your sweat, or maybe that's just the sea water? That's how Fate smells like. It's incredibly warm. Very close to the skin but at the same time its got good projection. It somehow seems to be dry. I like it a lot.

It bugged me whole evening as I knew I smelled something similar to Fate. Got it: it's body, face and hair Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR (not a perfume, a shimmering natural body oil composed of 6 natural oils)

Update 5/7/13 - two weeks later on a hot sunny evening. Revisited Fate again as even though I liked it when I first smelled it I wasn't sure if I could fall in love with it. I definitely can! I've never smelled anything like Fate before and this scent is so unique. And it's unique in a good way. First time I tried Fate it was on a hot, damp day, when there is just too much humidity in the air and its distorts sense of smell. But on a hot sunny day this scent blooms in the best possible way. It's strong, you can definitely catch its fumes slowly reaching your nose and yet somehow it seems to melt into skin and smells so natural. I will definitely get it as my 'hot day scent' as for such a long time I couldn't find anything that I could bear on hot day. Once again applause to Amouage!