Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Interlude Man Amouage for men
dislike

I have it: 927 I had it: 137 I want it: 854 My signature: 30

smoky
Interlude Man Amouage for men Pictures Interlude Man Amouage for men Pictures Interlude Man Amouage for men Pictures Interlude Man Amouage for men Pictures

Amouage presents a new pair of fragrances by the name of Interlude. Interlude Woman and Interlude Man are said to evoke an air of disorder while maintaining a sense of balance and tranquility through the inventive use of incense and myrrh.

Christopher Chong said: “I interpret what I see and feel into scents. All the social and natural chaos and disorder surrounding us today can be translated to a much more intimate level. The interlude moment is a reflection of all the trials and tribulations one overcomes to attain personal satisfaction and achievement.” He also explained the use of ingredients: “Amouage has established an enviable reputation for re-inventing accustomed scents. Frankincense and Myrrh traditionally smell spiritual and religious but in Interlude, they have been reconstructed to feel contemporary yet sophisticated.”

Interlude Man is a spicy – woody fragrance that opens with zesty bergamot, oregano and pimento berry oil, perpetuating intervals of conflict which are countered by aromatic notes of amber, frankincense, opoponax, cistus and myrrh. Eternal notes of leather, agarwood smoke, patchouli and sandalwood in the base add lasting layers of depth and texture. Perfumer: Pierre Negrin.

Amouage’s signature glass crystal bottles are colored in a rich and mesmerizing midnight blue hue with gold plated decorations, accentuated with a sapphire blue Swarovski crystal. The outer packaging is designed in vibrant colors that show orderly chaos in abstract and conceptual representation.

The fragrances are available as 50 ml and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Interlude Man was launched in 2012.

Bergamot Oregano Pepper

Incense Amber Labdanum Opoponax

Leather Patchouli Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood

King`s Precious Oud

Interlude Man Fragrance Reviews

gedlive
gedlive

This for me is the best Oriental, woody fragrance out there.
It is like a more zesty vintage M-7.
It wowed me again today after not wearing it for a while. It is somewhat sweet, I dont like sweet, but here it's nice for balance.
It is strong, delicious in an olfactory way. It is smooth, cozy, yet zesty.

The main thing that makes this a stand out, and the best Amouage, is the incense, or should I say, smoke note. It is not the churchy incense, but a campfire, aromatic smoke, that is the best smoky incense I have experienced.
It's like you have a campfire of fragrant logs, then you throw some sweet corn in the fire, with some burning apples in there, very aromatic smoke.

God bless you. John 3:16

coasterfan
coasterfan

Got a sample of this on Etsy and all I can say is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Perfect for fall and winter nights when you want to distinguish yourself from all of the other guys! It lasts for over 24 hours on my skin and for a week or more on clothes. The scent is very natural and sensual! If you like Reflection Man, you'll LOVE Interlude Man!

pranaikumar
pranaikumar

Just got a decant of this most hyped frag.

It's awesome and classy. Smoky, incense and musky... very masculine.

Excellent quality and non-synthetic.

scentclub.in
scentclub.in

Please be aware of Myra83 if she is offering any perfumes as she is a cheat, in her post of Sospiro Wardasina she had posted she is willing to sell Sospiro Wardasina for $320 along with freebies 6 Amouage samples & 6 Du Boise samples. After a little negotiation i paid her $290 by paypal but she only sent Sospiro Wardasina and no free samples that she had promised along with it and she is not even responding to my messages or phone calls. PLZ BEWARE, SHE IS A CHEAT

Cyrule
Cyrule

Wow, that initial blast is utterly dissociating. It's like a dense cloud of incense trapped in a harem tent masking the scent of sticky resinous sex. I wanted nothing to do with Interlude the first couple of times I tried it on, but I'm glad I gave it another go.
This scent is ideal for a cold day with snow, as Interlude is a hot, cozy aroma. Once the immense cloud of the opening dies down a little you are left with a scent in which the pepper, incense, and resins live in harmony. Give it more time and the scent softens. The oregano and resins make a fresh sweet sweat smell, hence my allusion to sex at the beginning. Although, to be fair, I often find amber to be an erotic aroma.
I find the sillage to be huge at the beginning, but simmers down to large but not blasty. Longevity is very long; I shower before it stops living on my skin so I don't have an exact number for you there.
In the end I really appreciate Interlude. I have to be in a particular mood to wear it, but when I am I find the experience to be highly rewarding.

Reformulations? When?
I own a bottle from fragrance.net bought in 2014. TWO years after it's release and it's a magnetic cap. So people are telling Amouage reformulated this gem less than TWO years after the original version?!?

I am sceptic...

Buckeye
Buckeye

Hands down. One of the best fragrances under the sun. A must have in any collection.

domcho
domcho

I am dying to not to have this parfume in my Collection - Luxury Oud, Delicate incense, Smells 4 days or more on clothes, sillage Beast, longetivity lifetime...Parfume Gem nowadays...11from10 points.
If i have this one, i can throw away all the others :))

NattyDread
NattyDread

If people said Interlude is masterpiece ? yes it is.

i have this juice on magnetic cap, my first impression on my first spray wow is amazing incense scent a word class incense, so far interlude is my favourite on Amouage Line like it more than JXXV.

this creation very balance from the first time that you spray and also at drydown both is amazing.

the last thing that i get wow from Interlude is very good Projection and also good sillage the last is monster on longevity.

NZFH

@RMB18 I haven't tried Oreo ice-cream but I've had all sorts of positive feedback on the drydown such as: coffee, caramel and fine cigars. All good things! I have tried both the vintage and new versions and I prefer the new because it has slightly less smoke and is more complex/nuanced. (I own the magnetic cap version from Oman).

RMB18

Thank you messaboogie18 for not being stuck up and telling everyone that the vintage blows the reform away. I completely agree with you.

For anyone concerned with formulations, the current formulation is still very heavy and easily the heaviest scent I own. I couldn't imagine it being stronger.

the_badger

The performance of this is off the charts.How can a perfume last so long?!

mesaboogie18
mesaboogie18

I've tried the original version and I currently own the magnetic cap version (made in Oman for those that care about such things). There is definitely a difference when compared side by side, but smelled apart, it just smells like Interlude, man. The original version is heavier and has a more pronounced incense that lasts longer. The new version is no slouch though! It's a BEAST with monstrous projection and great longevity. The new one is a 10/10 and the original is an 11/10.

RMB18

The reviews on YouTube are the most misleading things in the world for this fragrance. Yes, there's burning incense in the opening and mid. But in the drydown, no one mentions the sweet Oreo ice cream drydown. If you're reading this and think I'm full of shit, go buy some Oreo ice cream, put some in a bowl, let it melt a bit, and then smell it. It's very pleasing in the drydown and gets the most remarkable compliments. People who smell this are amazed. This one is slept on. I own the magnetic cap version and it is a beast. Don't let false hype influence your decision on purchasing this. You may not agree with my take on it, but try it for yourself. On my skin, this is magical and the Oreo ice cream drydown that I get on my skin is divine and people in my world love it.

Majed-perfume
Majed-perfume

نعم , أنا الخليفة ، أنا أمير العرب ، ولكن بلا شعب , أعيش وحيدا في جزيرة العرب , أنا عبق التاريخ , رائحتي يصل مداها الى الهند شرقا , والى الأندلس غربا , عندما أمشي كأن صدري يحترق رويدا رويدا ، وكلما أحتراق أكثر أطغى بين العالم ,

البخور هو قائد الجيش في هذا العطر, المساعد الايمن للقائد هو العنبر ,لكنه عنبر مر جدا وصعب المراس ,لايوجد في قلبه رحمه ,

يأتي بعدهم الجاوشير ،النبات الصمغي الطبي الشبيه بـ(المره) لـ يضفي محاكاة الشرق العربي,

ثم الجنود ، الزعتر والفلفل ومن لف لفهم ممن لا يحتملوا الأنتظار ,,

عطر فخم للمناسبات

تحياتي لكم

kamooo
kamooo

@FragranceAndFashion
This is "Interlude Man Fragrance Reviews".
This is not a bazaar!

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

Had a change to smell this one finally, I must say, the most beautiful incense fragrance i've tested, wow, just wow! Not for every nose, and even harder to wear it, but beautiful.

MickZ
MickZ

Don't let all the rhetoric about liquid ash and beasty longevity dissuade you. Try a sample for yourself. This is a masterpiece blend, and it had me at first sniff. Deep, smoky, oily, very lightly sweet -- just a perfect touch of ambery sweetness -- with gorgeous frankincense, myrrh, oud and oregano notes that are positioned as chaotic but are just rough enough around the edges to create lasting interest and a sublime, addictive and amazingly rich accord that resolves beautifully. The initial smoky blast may turn off some, but I love it, and it smooths out as it all settles down, while retaining all of the core notes and complexity.

This is a mature, but not old man, scent, and not for beginners on their fragrance journey. When you're ready, you owe it to yourself to give this a test run. It is simply magnificent. Best of all, my wife likes it most of all the fragrances I wear, and considers it youthful and vibrant, despite the traditional ingredients. That's a testament to best-in-class blending and modern, creative interpretation and execution. Truly top shelf, and worth every penny. I would actually pay more for it. It's a perfect 10/10.

joenick68
joenick68

I got this for my b-day that was on May 15, but I just decided to wear it today, and Wow!, this is nice expensive stuff, and such a compliment getter right on, very few of my colognes have gotten such instant attention, I will add some more about the whole day experience.

nazrul.kun
nazrul.kun

"Dark, mysterious and chaotic... rotten woods smoldering in the forest, fire burning and embers floating in the night sky."

Interlude is the 2012 addition to Amouage, the well-known perfume house from Oman that gained its massive reputation from its legendary attars such as Homage and Tribute. Interlude, I would say, has garnered quite the attention from the fragrance community for being a immensely heavy fragrance that would be a hit-or-miss for many people. Interlude's scent is marketed, and also described by many reviewers, as "chaotic yet peaceful and tranquil". After using once through my sample, I can understand where this description comes from.

It opens on my skin with a strong blast of dark incense, amber and oud. It's clearly a Middle East-influenced fragrance, one that is normally categorized to be balsamic, woody and/or smoky. Interlude clearly has all the three properties nailed right from the start, appealing to the Middle East market. Other notes that I get in the drydown are leather (definitely the black/brown kind), black pepper and patchouli.

It's obvious from the onset that this is best enjoyed in cold climates such as autumn and winter, and one that is suited for night use. Due to its dark and heavy nature, I can't quite imagine this to be relished in hot seasons; the smoky-woody image I get from the scent is clearly meant to warm you up during the cold season.

"Chaos" is the word that's been used often to describe the scent, and that perfectly describes the image it conjures. The woody-smoky-balsamic combination scent does evoke an image of senselessness, yet its blend evokes an image of singularity, one that I see as something that has its own sense of identity. On some occasions it smells like Marlboro cigarette smoke (not tobacco per se, but the smoke itself); on others it smells like high-quality agarwood smoldering in an Arabian-style room. Perhaps that's the very image that Interlude is meant to conjure.

This fragrance is NOT meant for everyone; it is geared towards those with an inclination towards dark and heavy scents such as myself. A few sprays can last up to a day and the sillage is ENORMOUS. Plus, the scent is not for everyday office use; its sheer intensity is best reserved for special occasions and used sparingly. One needs to be really comfortable with himself to pull off a scent as bold as this; I honestly feel a little intimidated to be wearing this too. Unless I want people to notice my presence or grab some attention, I'll be keeping this one aside most of the time.

bc92
bc92

Dark, smoky, resinous... mysterious! Interlude is a fantastic scent that performs in beast mode (bought my bottle in late 2012 and it's still 90% full), so you need only a little spray to smell good all day long. Compliment getter this one!

Kalung
Kalung

I order a sample of 8ml of this scent, sprayed twice but i smell a lot of incense just not for me if anyone would like to exchange it for any other fragance please let me know, is too strong for me

darrenwrite
darrenwrite

I love this right off the bat, it is complex and performs bestia modo.

iam_aries
iam_aries

Let’s start by saying that the choice of the name still baffles me. For something this unique, rich, heady, deep, dark & mysterious. 'Eternity' would have been a more apt name (because it lasts so goddamn long) but I guess since that's already taken... this would do! In a sense though, it sure evokes a sense of heady pleasure - one that almost attacks your senses at first blast, then morphs into a sensual delight and ultimately settles down into something that's warm, rich, deep and dark yet comforting in strange way.

Since almost everything is already covered in comments here, I will only add that it’s a very polarizing scent - you either love it or you hate it. Not for the faint of heart - hell the thing gave me a nasty headache the first few times I sampled it. So, takes a little getting used to but once you ‘adapt’ there’s no going back. Yes, it will fill a room and yes - it will knock everybody out in your near vicinity if you over-apply. One or two spritzes is generally enough. I generally wear perfume/cologne to appeal to my own self so as long as you have that same philosophy, you’ll be a happy man.

Rating (based on my own wearings and body chemistry):
- Longevity : 10/10 (lasts 12+ hrs on my skin)
- Complexity : 9/10 (not very complex; stays pretty linear)
- Sillage : 10/10
- Versatility : 7/10 (Marketed for Men, but I think it can be carried off by the right woman.)
- Uniqueness : 8/10
- Presentation: 9/10
- Cost/Value : 8/10

Overall: 8.7

DrPerfum
DrPerfum

Excellent fragrance. Sweet and dark at the same time. A masterpiece!

Interlude leaves a cloud of incense in the air.

Beyonder
Beyonder

Un chef d'oeuvre de la haute parfumerie!

Moncheri
Moncheri

Strong balsamic spicy sweet middle east scent. Very strong oregano note with a sweet background. It is on top of any other Amouage fragrances.

linken89
linken89

very strong !!! i love this scent

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

Amouage are easily my favorite perfume house. I really love the strength of their creations. This to me is an extremely smoky perfume that I can smell in my mind on countless occasions. It is a joy to wear. What is so great about their fragrances is how the smokiness softens and changes over time. Beautiful creation

Eyeteach
Eyeteach

Smokey, warm, calming incense. Lasts all day and projects nicely. Less is more.

Russian's man
Russian's man

Oh my god!! This stuff it's pure oriental splendor. Interlude Man it's not a fragrance for perfumery begginers. Then, it's very complex, loud and thick. It has a character almost ''liturgical'' due to the incisive resinous notes.

Principally, the notes that more stand out for me are amber, frankincense, opoponax and myrrh. Another characteristic worthy of mention of Interlude Man it's the ''smokey vein''. IMO, one of the best men's fragrances by Amouage and my favourite niche fragrance. A ultimate autumnal and wintry fragrance, best for special occassions.

Scent: 9
Longevity: 10
Projection: 9
Sillage: 9
Uniqueness: 9
Versatility: 5

Overall: 8,5

miloš.momčilović
miloš.momčilović

Very strong. Feels like standing next to a fire to me. I don't know why, but definitely like something is burning, and under that are many layers or oriental, mystical, strange, call it whatever - it is original for sure. Not very common smell, you will be original if you own this. Also not very ''inviting'' smell, not something that screams ''let's be friends, come closer'', but rather - '' I am cool, you better keep your distance and respect me''. That's how I perceive it. You may think different, the best way is to try it :)
I would recommend it to 30-50 guys, it is really, really manly, can't go wrong if you are aiming for muscular feel.

the_badger

I am usually very mindful of reformulations weakening the fragrance. Not this one. I got a decant of Interlude, and since the seller sold it relatively cheap and didn't mention if it was vintage I assumed it was not. But ho boy this thing last forever and although at first sniff it was interesting, as the hours pass I started to get sick of it, it was burning my nose and I couldn't concentrate on anything I was doing.

KPPorset
KPPorset

I bought this because I really wanted to try Amouage, It's a beautiful dark and decedent perfume that is a powerhouse on first application and does get noticed. But as it develops I find it very similar to Encore Noire. Not a bad thing but very similar. I get leather after around 2 - 3 hours that clings to the skin but that could be my personal make up, I'm not knocking it as I've had others that didn't suit me. I bought this batch recently in the UK. I would be happy to trade this for Epic if someone wants to trade must be full like mine? It's 100ml and has had around 10 sprays out of the bottle. Based in South Wales UK. Unless you want to make me an offer on it? Thanks

NZFH

Although I have read the blurb and understand the thinking behind the concept, "Interlude" is a word that is way too weak and insubstantial to describe this MONSTER of a scent. My friend suggested "Underworld" - has the same number of syllables - I rather like that ... from now on, I might call it that...

Anyway, I have one spray on my wrist and hours later the potency is incredible. In fact it's now been 10 hours and it's still emanating from my wrist with supernatural power. What sorcery is this?

"Interlude" is pure, unadulterated opulence and luxury distilled and bottled. As a fan of rich, dark, mysterious, luxurious, hard-hitting fragrances, I guess it's no surprise I love this.

So rich and evocative, it actually transports me to another place and time.

Will be putting my pennies aside for a full bottle, feels like destiny …. watch this space!

UPDATE: I have just put on the sweater I had on yesterday and my lower sleeve still smells of Interlude Man … even more crazy, the sleeve has re-scented my wrist with the Interlude smell …. ridiculous potent stuff.

UPDATE (2): Now have my full 100 ml bottle and am loving it! The smell is even better than I remembered. I love every aspect of this fragrance, including the oregano. This fragrance is worth every cent, and then some. I would probably pay $1000 for this. I could type pages raving about this stuff, so will stop now ... for now!

RMB18

DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE. This fragrance is phenomenal, however it isn't a campfire scent that is daring and offends people. I've worn this 4 times and gotten complimented all 4 times. It's not sexy but it's different. It catches peoples attention. It's not at all daring. I find this as safe as Royal Oud by Creed. Same type of scent but it performs a lot better. After 13 hours I recieved a compliment from a random person. I thought this was long gone but it turns out it was still performing like a beast. As soon as I walked in the room after 13 hours, a man was like "wow you need to tell me what Cologne you're wearing. That is amazing. As soon as you walked in it hit me and it is so intoxicating." And I laughed and felt uncomfortable because I was with a friend. The conversation changed and then a minute later he was like "so are you gonna tell me what Cologne you're wearing?" So I'm assuming this leaves a good impression on people. I've yet to find someone who doesn't like this fragrance. Amazing juice.

RMB18

After a few wearings, I found that this stuff is awesome. Lasts forever but doesn't project more than average on me. It seems to die down after 2 hours and ride closer to the skin until the 10helr mark. This fragrance just smells weird and I believe the reason this is so polarizing is because of the amount of notes and what the person smelling you has smelled in their life. If someone has never smelled insence, they may think it smells like a bonfire. If someone has smelled insence, they will think this smells like straight incence. I like this because it's weird. It's doesn't smell good or bad. It's just s scent.

Projection: 7/10
Scent: subjective

RMB18

Let me speak the truth here. This was hyped up as a bonfire scent that projected like no other and lasts for days. When you first spray it, it smells like tinker toys. Then when that fades it smells like burning incence. The base smells like incence that isnt burning. Good performance but not the nuclear bomb people claimed.

Houstonx
Houstonx

I love this juice. Certainly 30+. If you are spiritual, that's the perfume you want to wear when you are practicing your faith. Wear this while you go to your church, temple, mosque etc. Would I wear it for a night out, no I wouldn't. Amouage has other perfumes for that. This one is for you. Don't be trigger happy with this juice, it's a beast. 2 sprays take you along way.

astan
astan

I saw few reviews here that said Interlude smells like burnt opium!! maybe they had seen the picture of opoponax and thought that is opum :) or maybe they have smelled Interlude Man and have thought that turmericpowder fragrance is burnt opium note!

opoponax (opobalsam) is one of the mixture of water-soluble gums that used in perfumes usually (like Myrrh) , but opium is the dried latex obtained from the opium poppy which is a drug.
In here, spicy notes form the heart of this perfume
generally I like this perfume because we don't found many perfumes with good sillage nowadays . and the scent of turmeric is a far less common (in the perfume industry), so it seems a little strange ,and receives good feedback

بوی تریاک سوخته نمیده عزیزان!
این عطر از اول تا آخر حس و بوی غالبش پودر زرچوبه هست که کمی بوی دارچینی و بقیه ادویه جات اونو همراهی میکنن
توی ایران هم که ادویه ای که به وفور تو غذا ها استفاده میشه همین زرچوبه ست !!و چندان چیز ناآشنایی نیست
اغلب مردم هم طوری هستن وقتی راجع به چیزی اطلاع ندارن هرچیزی رو در اون مورد بشون بگی سریع باور میکنن و بقیه جاها هم میگن
تریاک سوخته کجا و این بوی ادویه ای کجا
برای اینکه بفهمید بوی تریاک سوخته توی چه مایه هاییه از بین عطرایی که تا حالا تست کردم میتونم این عطر رو به شما معرفی کنم
Vanille Insensee Atelier
وقتی روی پوست تست کنید حدود 10 پونزده دقیقه اولش بویی شبیه تریاک میده

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Interlude Man is a beautiful incense, myrrh, amber, oregano fragrance. As a matter of fact, that is all I smell, incense, myrrh, amber and oregano. I love it! It is very smoky/leather, soothing and calming. I don't smell any citrus here. It is very bold and lasts a very long time on me. 7-8 hours. Magnificent creation by Amouage.

mo_iz
mo_iz

boys if you like the interlude just give the women version a try!its almost the same juice but not as linear & warm as the men version,less spicy,more green and of course less of the arabic vibe.its definitely more wearable even during the warm days!

K1
K1

Oxidized, smoldering, beasty incense with suffocating spicy infinite-inclined atmosphere. Interlude! I would call it Ultimatum! It's a messy harsh perfume, hard to wear, hard to dial with, rigid and so so pungent, more than expected from a wild Arabian fragrance.

It opens acrid, deep smoky, bitter green with oregano, pepper and incense. Develops towards gigantic frankincense and oud, and finally based on amber and woodsy aura plus constant incense. Every time I wear it scratches my nostrils and eyes. Meanwhile, I wear old version and current magnetic cap version is much softer yet it's Interlude after all!

If you want your perfume to spread over a street with a yard radius around and stay for couple of days, here you are! It howls.

عطر بخوری غول آسا، سوزان و اکسیده شده به همراه ادویۀ خفه کننده و فضای بویایی که نیل به بی نهایت داره. اینترلود، عجب اسمی، من اگه بودم اسمش رو "اولتیماتوم" میذاشتم. یه عطر شلوغ و به هم ریخته هست، سخت سِت میشه، سخت میشه باهاش ارتباط برقرار کرد، خشک و نامنعطف هست و بسیار بسیار قدرتمند. خیلی بیشتر از چیزی که از یه عطر عربی انتظار میره

با آویشن کوهی، فلفل و بخور با تِمی عمیقا دودی، تلخ و سبز و گزنده شروع میکنه. در ادامه به سمت بخورکُندُر هیولاوار و عود میره، و در نهایت بخور سمج روی بستر چوبی و کهربایی قرار میگیره. هر سری که این عطر رو تست میکنم منخلین و چشمای من رو میسوزونه. البته این رو هم بگم که من ورژن قدیمی این کار رو تست میکنم و ورژن درب آهنربایی به مراتب نرمتره، اما هر چی باشه اینترلود هست

اگه براتون فقط عطری مهمه که به شعاع صد متر نشر بو داشته باشه و دو روز روی پوستتون بمونه، بفرمایین! این عطر عربده میکشه

HelloGigi
HelloGigi

On a lunch brake I walked into the perfumery and asked for a spray of Amouage Interlude.
The lady sprayed 4 times on my arm. I was blown away!
So were my colleagues the rest of the day, cause it was impossible to deny a visit to the perfumery. What huge sillage and longevity.

This scent took me a day or two to get used to. There is so much going on. I like the incense, or should I say ash, and the herbal notes like oregano, and oud.

I emptied a sample, and now it's time to look for a bottle of this stuff. If you like smoke, ash and the orient, go for this one! It is that good.

ngo.anthony
ngo.anthony

Oh, this my signature scent, i have Epic, Fate, Journey... but i love Interlude more
scent 9.9 of 10.
longevity 9.9 of 10.
projection 10 of 10.

sherifmango
sherifmango

أصل الحكاية هو .. Parfumare .. أو خﻻل الدخان :) ..

نادرة هي العطور التي تترجم مصدر اﻹحاء خاصتها .. أو الصورة المراد بها تخيل العطر .. منها على سبيل المثال ﻻ الحصر .. عطر Narciso Rodriguez الرجالي الذي يحاكي رائحة أثر نزول المطر على اﻷسطح اﻷسمنتية و العشب .. حتى يخيل إليك من واقعيته أن لو سقطت قطرة منه على اﻷرض لرأيتها "اهتزت و ربت و أنبتت من كل زوج بهيج" :) .. كذلك تحفة Hermes التي حاكت رائحة دخان النارجيلة وهي Ambre Narguile .. فكلها عطور حاكت مصدر محسوس ..
لكن كيف لعطر أن يحاكي و يصور إسلوب حياتي أو معيشي ؟!..
هذا ما أدركت إمكانيته عند تجربتي لجوهرة Amouage التي أرادت من خﻻلها إيجاد لحظة راحة أو سكون في خضم الفوضى أو التشويش الذي أصبح سمة حياة و مجتمعات اليوم .. أﻻ وهي Interlude Man ..
خبرت عطرين يرتكزان على نوت البخور .. رغم نقاء المكون و حبكة التكوين .. إﻻ أنهما لم يغرياني أو يروقا لي كثيرا .. و هما عطر Guerlain Encens Mythique d'Orient الذي وجدته ثقيﻻ على نفسي .. و عطر Agonist Black Amber ذو اﻷثر الطقسي التعبدي الشديد .. فقد مرا علي مرور حامل المسك الذي إكتفيت فقط بالرائحة الطيبة منهما ..
عطر يأخذ البخور بإتاجه ينحو بعيدا" عن المألوف .. فقد إستهوتني رائحته .. رغم أن تجربتي اﻷولى معه لم تكن مبشرة .. لكن .. في التأني السﻻمة ..
كأن البخور فيه بكل مولداته ينبعث بلون عنبري غاني .. وليس بذلك اللون اﻷبيض الذي به بعض الحدة .. كلما أراد أن يحتدم في وجود التوابل و اﻷخشاب .. رأيت المكون الراتنجي العنبري جالس بهدوء و سكينة ينفخ فيه من أنفاسه اللطيفة العزبة الحانية ليصير رقيقا لينا وقورا .. يلف المكون العطري بغطاء بخوري عنبري راتنجي سويتي ..
عطر .. أول ما يوصف به أنه رسمي .. ثم .. فريد .. فاتن .. غامض .. وقور .. كثيف .. غني .. ثقيل .. لكن رقيق كما السحاب المحمل بالمطر ..
عطر يحمل كل دوافع اﻷصالة و بعض بواعث الحداثة ..
عطر يأخذك في حلة الحاضر إلى أجواء الشرق القديم ..
إن كنت تبحث عن عطر من النوع الجذاب المشاكس .. فهو ليس مرادك .. لكن إن أردت أن ترسم حولك هالة من الرسمية و الرزانة الفاتنة في المناسبات .. فبكل تأكيد هو سﻻحك المبتغى ..
الوصف العطري: يبدأ التشويش مع إفتتاحية العطر التي هي توليفة عشبية تابلية منعشة و صادمة بنفس الوقت لوجود سمة فينولية كافورية ظاهرة ..
ربما تكون سبب نفور البعض عن العطر .. وﻻ أدري سبب تواجد تلك السمة الصادمة ببعض العطور البخورية ؟!.. لكن سرعان ما تدخل رائحة بخورية بلسمية حلوة طفيفة في ظل تقهقر السمة العشبية الكافورية و بروز المكون التابلي بشكل أكبر في إنتقال سلس تظهر بعده نوت البخور بشكل واضح كما زحف الليل البهيم على اﻷجواء ليجعل النجوم تتﻷﻷ من المكون الراتنجي العنبري الذي يضفي صفة عنبرية بلسمية راتنجية سويتية تشابه مزيج شمع العسل .. يصبح البخور معها أكثر كثافة .. كما توجد مسحة أرضية تشابه تلك الرائحة عند إنتزاع رايزومات البطاطا من اﻷرض الرطبة .. مزيج بين شيئ أرضي أنيماليك قليﻻ مع حﻻوة .. و وجود لمسة غبارية لطيفة .. العنبر مع الﻷبدانيوم يعطي إحساس بوجود مكون فاكهي حلو مجفف .. لكن سرعان ما يظهر المكون الجلدي بشكل كريمي رائع متقبل لﻷنف .. ليس بذلك الخام الحاد ..
يوجد نوت بخوري من نوع خشبي .. ربما للعود .. في محاولة لتعزيز المكون البخوري .. و الذي يضيف مسحة تابلية طفيفة .. بعدها يهدأ العطر على سمة عنبرية خشبية كريمية مع ومضات تابلية و غطاء بخوري راتنجي رقيق جدا ..

العطر في رأيي المتواضع أكثر شرقية و جماﻻ و تقبﻻ من Encens Mythique d'Orient و Balck Amber .. كما أنه بداية موفقة لكل من أراد تجربة نوت هي موضع تخوف للكثير .. مثل البخور و العود و الجلود .. فقط إن إستطعت تحمل البداية المعقدة القوية :) ..
العطر وصف مصدر اﻹلهام خلفه من البداية المشوشة المضطربة ثم اﻹنتقال للقلب الهادئ الرزين الحميمي بشكل إحترافي .. كما أن المكون العطري يسوق بعضه بعضا يدا بيد بصورة إحترافية ترابطية سلسة .. بشكل يبرهن على مدى أصالة دار Amouage فيما يتعلق بالجودة و التفرد ..
عطر يلهب مساءات الشتاء الباردة ..

ودمتم بود :) ...

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Can colors have smells? Can one attribute a certain smell to a certain color? Example; this smells like blue....or this has the smell of gray! Maybe so. When I think about it, one can say certain things smell red and perhaps fire comes to mind...or, perhaps one might say, that smells green and immediately you think pine, sharp,...or that smells black and maybe you think of dirt, earth, ummmm? Hopefully you get my point and question.

I think purple or violet smells like Interlude!! Or, rather Interlude smells purplely....;o)!

Just received Interlude and I am greatly impressed! So, first off this is reminiscent of Molton Brown's Navigation Scent Rogart from the balsamic sweet feel I get up front; Interlude at first spray is sharp and pungent, yet fruity. There is the sweet berry flavor (not overtly sweet) that I get that works well with the woodsy overtones. I also get a creamy essence from this as well. Friends, as have been mentioned...you DO NOT need much of this, I repeat-you DO NOT need much of this!!

I sprayed one spray on the back of my hand and dubbed on the other and I can smell this undoubtedly. The projection on this is masterfully overwhelming in a good way! As I smell this, a few fragrances come to mind; Versace Man (purple bottle), Rogart (balsamic), L'artisan's Mure Et Musc (Fruity), Creed's Baie De Genievre (bergamot w/extra stuff)...I do get the burnt leaves connection, but very minimal (don't let the sound of the smell of burnt leaves deter you).

If you were to combine Creed's BdG, with the woody leathery sharpness of Creed's Royal Oud, and maybe a touch of Mure Et Muse's fruity accord I think the end product could be something that would resemble Amouage's Interlude. These descriptors are just to give you a point of reference to what Interlude is like, however more. In the end, the way this fragrance blends is amazing!!!

Projection=10
Sillage-9
Versatility=7 (moves, from fruity, wood, soapy/fruity back to woodsy
Overall scent=10 (amazing scent!!)

Fellas, you are in for a treat with this

Calvini
Calvini

How can you tell if it's the magnetic cap from the outside package? I'm looking for the vintage one that everyone's raving about... I was quite disappointed when I finally tried it (the new version); started out amazing (I thought it was going to get even better), but then the whole thing just weighted down to one monotonous scent, as if somebody put a heavy cap on top and trapped all of its aromas.

valantis
valantis

I have the magnetic cap with the batch number ends 0815. (which is August 2015 I guess?)...(Made in Oman)

If you looking for a perfume with good projection you should stay away from this.
{This is almost a skin scent}

Nothing Nuclear or Potent in this one.
(Never tried the pre magnetic formula!)

Niche perfumery is rubbish in nowadays.
They ask for more and offer by far less.
And this is the beginning!!!

GOOD LUCK!

ttt3008

I think this scent has definitely changed from the one i once knew. Its everything the old batch was an hour after it was on your skin but only immediately and less intense. Less smoke, more sweet. The lime is more pronounced, just as as pronounced as the smoke, which is near silent when compared to the original. Its not as masculine, its more refined and subdued.
What happened to the Blue Beast? Now its playing the "fit-in" game with all the other fragrances. This new batch should have been a flanker called "Interlude Man Summer".
Could it have been changed to save on cost? Possibly, which might explain why this can be purchased so cheaply now. Don't get me wrong, this reformulation does smell great, but the original lost a lot of its potency with this change.

I remember when the tiny .07ml sample of the original formula filled my entire fragrance cabinet with its aroma. It was an absolute fragrance bully; I miss it now.

Amouage, let's get back to that old bully mentality. I would pay more for the old formulation, because it showed what "Niche" was all about.

BTW: The bottle itself is striking enough to purchase this juice. Great Job on the presentation!

landshark321
landshark321

Amouage Interlude Man is one of the more intense expressions of incense--oudy, smoky--that I've had the inclination to try, mainly based on its strong reputation, and certainly its strength is not in question.

I get mainly a burst of frankincense and myrrh at the opening, which has more of a bite, almost unpleasantly so, and also throughout the dry down. Frankly, the these aspects are so powerful that my nose cannot detect much of the blend. I'm not even sure I get to the patchouli after the incense and myrrh. It's a fascinating composition, powerful yet not quite overwhelming in the dry down, but still very close to being overwhelming.

Certainly both the projection and longevity of this fragrance are at the extreme end, instantly increasing the value. And certainly this is for usage during cold weather exclusively, at least for my purposes in the Northern hemisphere.

I like it, but I don't love it, though in fairness, I'm not the biggest fan of incense-laden fragrances. I generally gravitate toward something more softened and balanced by sweetness, such as Imaginary Authors' Memoirs of a Trespasser.

7 out of 10

haddock
haddock

تا 10 دقیقه ی اول که عطر بر روی پوست زده میشود؛ بوی کاملا انیمالیک یا همون حیوانی داره. ( بویی شبیه به اینیتیو مگنتیک بلند یک ). بعد از 10 دقیقه بوی اولیه کاملا از بین میره و بوی غالب فلفل هست. تا 3 ساعت کاملا بوی فلفل حس میشه و بعد از اون عطر وارد نت عود میشه که خیلی هم طبیعیه. در این مرحله عطر بویی کاملا شبیه به کویرز بارسلونا داره

--------------------------------------------

In the 10 minute after using interlude, You can sniff an animalic scent ( like initio magnetic blend 1 ), After that the dominant scent is paper. and finally the third note is oud. and it is very natural and the perfume in this phase is very similar with cuirs Barcelona.

Arsenal Till I Die

Now this is THE gift of kings unlike the false prophet Jubilation! I also wore this to start the new year with a bang, quite literally. So Smoky with the perfect amount of sweetness, woods and a touch of leather. Worth a sample if your looking to stand out. Quality is second to none.

Lightning
Lightning

Boom! This fragrance hits you with a really dark powerful earthy incense. Smells very evil and sinister like the devil himself. Very pleasant smell but certainly not for everybody (sample it before you buy).

It's definitely overpriced and I'd only wear this on certain occasions. I would buy a 10ml decant but not a full bottle.

robert.dorman
robert.dorman

Such a unique smell! So wonderful! It fills a room with opulence and luxury that everyone will notice you. Every time I apply this magic elixir I fall in love with it all over again. This a fragrance that fume heads will smell then smell again and every time there is something new they will find in it. Too overpowering for warm weather. I wore this once in the summer for work (I'm a UPS guy) and I felt I was choking people out outside as well as myself. Most definitely a fall/winter fragrance. In the winter is where this beauty shines and she shines loud and ALL DAY! Pierre Negrine created a real work of art with Interlude Man. A must have in my collection always. A round of applause for the people at the house of Amouage.

renzi79
renzi79

This fragrance makes me want to fall in love with a man that smells this sexy. Its so good I wear it myself. It does not have the hard egde of citrus notes in some mansculine scents (think The One by D&G ). Its just smooth like smoked tea over a woody base. Love it!

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

interesting smell..great stuff.. It's a fantastic
one of my most complimented fragrances when I wear it
سمپل ارجینال این شاهکار ---> موجود شده..

Yigor
Yigor

By all means, this scent is absolute unique. I never smelt such thing. Its a mix from sweet, pink bubblegum and incense. It has unprecedented strength and seems to last an eternity. I am not able to give a detailed review of the smell. Just be sure to sample before you buy, its out of this world. 10 from 10 for its uniqueness.

Update:
I bought a bottle and have to say: Wonderful! Like Memoir you have to get used to it. This scent really grows on me, you smell so many different nuances, and somewhere hidden there seems to be a good portion of oud.
All in all I can recommend this one, I would also say its safe to wear anytime anywhere. But do not overspray, 2 spritzers are enough :). Enjoy!

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

Love this fragrance, and as stated below, love the Amouage bottles with the magnetic caps. Similar to other companies with magnetic caps (CHANEL etc)

Yankee599
Yankee599

Oh boy where do i start with this one.

First this is a love or hate fragrance, so one should never never take the risk of blind buying it. Chances are there are more people who hate it than those who actually love and consider it a gem like i do..

Now an untrained nose will definitely just pick sweetness and smoke, but trust me there is a lot more going on here.
The opening has a very short lived citrus blast before surrendering to the heavy hitters of this composition which are incense and opoponax that get into play while the amber and oregano keeps the scent from turning aggressive and overwhelming.
Later on the leather and a very tamed oud that comes out very refined and natural start to get more noticeable in the back while still being connected to the sandalwood but mostly that sweetness that reveals itself more and more all enveloped by the ever present yet softer incense.

By the time it becomes a skin scent you are left with a sweet and very subtle smoky patchouli.
A very complex scent indeed therefore a must try who knows you might love it.

Now if for you jubilation xxv is the fragrance suited for kings, interlude man is the one i see worn by a very powerful, mysterious and wealthy dictator . Matter of fact i really dont think one coud claim to be a machoman if he can't pull this one off.
This frgrance speaks louder than words and the smell is a statement by itself "im here and im more important so all eyes on me".

Nuclear projection that will leave no head unturned and crazy longevity 24 hrs plus.

smora
smora

Absolutely crazy. Cacophonous notes of nuclear blast strength. By all odds Interlude should be a fiasco, instead it's a bizarre perfection.
Strong kick of pepper and oregano followed by lunatic sweet resins, amber and incense. Base burnt wood ash is completely complementar with resin madness.
Master Negrin absolutely nailed with this novel construction. Interlude will be a base for many Amouages to come (Journey has inherited a part of Interlude's legacy). An eccentric piece of perfumery.
People who claim perfumes are no art should definitely smell it.

Scentrack: Basement Jaxx - Red Alert

Rating: eccentric *****

I.D.Adam
I.D.Adam

It is clear there is a heavy dose of Omani Boswellia sacra in this. You smell it from top to bottom, at times sharp and citrusy and other very piney and resinous and always wonderful Unfortunately, I also get massive opoponax which for me lends an overwhelming vanillic-like sweetness which blurs out much of the nuance of the other notes. Nice, but not for the price.

kimbola
kimbola

This is a masterpiece stunning scent

The silver frankincense myrrh amber combo is out of this world.

This is by far the best incense scent i have tried.

i wish other perfume companies would try to create scents with this complexity - Longevity and sillage.

Interlude is a full throttle perfume that leaves you with a wow every time.

Totroy
Totroy

Sensual! Deep! Dark! Majestic! Definitely not for boys. More for men. But men who can handle exquisite, evolving, fiery incense of this 10/10 gem.
Garners many compliments!!!

tyrone spencer
tyrone spencer

Just say long lasting! It is going to take me a few times with this to understand the quantity and smell of the masterpiece. This is just all I can say about this. just a good piece of art work!!!!!! to perfection!

drakecito
drakecito

It has finally come to my hands this Amouage fragrance that had never been able to tried and had quite parked for comments he had read about his character smoked, etc .. that is not going with my taste.

It was a big mistake not have smelled before this magnificent perfume. I thought it was a simply stunning fragrance.

Very resinous, with notes of incense, woody, spicy and ambered. Too oriental.

I will not make scrutinizing the notes because the amount of notes coming out is really important and everyone can see its components apart from reading some previous reviews that commented very well. Also you can clearly smell a note of Oud. It is a very complex fragrance.

The point is that despite not liking anything smoked perfumes, this can not find anything over and found, to my taste, the perfect balance between the smoky-spicy and sweet perfect touch for portable fragrance.
Caution, is not nothing sweet perfume, just has a masterful touch at the base, just to sweeten it.
Again, close to perfection.

The quality feel, is spectacular and not feel so linear that at times gives you a dry and spicy smell sweeter and ambered sometimes more and sometimes smell the wood and resins. Obviously, this is a matter to appreciate nuances, the fragrance has a clear core and a very definite style, from start to finish.

Comment on the bottle I have is the "modern" or "reformulated" with magnetic closure, commenting that has been lightened version.

The sillage is very noticeable and impeccable longevity with 2-3 sprays, exceeding 12 hours with ease. In a drying, I'm smelling sharply after 24 hours.

The best I've had in quite some time, which I liked most so far this brand and perhaps the best smoked perfume character I've tried so far.

Magnificent and memorable !!!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I finally found a 100ml bottle at a affordable price without going broke. After spraying it on my skin....OMG. I'm talking about the smokey incense/myrrh/frankincense aroma with a pronounced warm sweet scent of amber and patchouli. The overall aroma reminds me of in a Catholic church where frankincense/incense doesn't have a harsh/brash vib.
After this juice settles, it has a spicy vib of pepper giving it a real sharp note.
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting well over 10hrs...a real EDP.
Finally thoughts,
When I first spray this juice on my skin for about 5min it totally reminds of TF Sahara Noir....burning wood, but Interlude isn't as strong. I really enjoy the burning wood aroma which brings me back to my childhood days sitting around a campfire.
This fragrance like many others...it's very personal. What's important is not what other says whether it's done well or not, all that should matter is if you enjoy it. As far as I'm concerned, I enjoy it especially during the colder months. 10/10 definitely a really nieche fragrance.

james.morris
james.morris

Excellent fragrace. I really like this one, but I am generally a fan of Amouage fragrances.

This is a very warm fragrance, not for day wear I'd say. It projects like nothing else I have ever bought and lasts forever. Not a teenager fragrance for sure as it screams sophistication.

This frarance lasts forever and seems to make everything it touches inherit a strong shadow of itself. Make sure you like it before you buy it!

Erok32
Erok32

Spicy incense, Amber and woods is what I get. One of my favorite fragrances. Finished a decant from 2012 so I decided to purchase a full bottle this past spring. Magmatic cap/made in Oman. This smells exactly like my decant, and I'm not sure how strong people want their fragrances to be, but while this is not as brutally strong as he original, it still lasts me 15+ hrs with solid projection.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - warm, thick, creamy, gourmandish, incensed leather.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

INJEN
INJEN

I love it but my wife dont even tho she bought it for me , This is an acquired sent and take some time to appreciate .
Thanks,

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

i used it last summer and it really fits
for Nightclubing and hanging out.

Very Seductive, Surrounding and Long Lasting.

It spreads a sweet amber/leather/smoky vibe.

chridela
chridela

Niche masterpiece. i can pause from my pursuit of the perfect scent because i have found it. I have been using a sample that i obtained from the Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver, I ordered 10 Amouage fragrances samples, half men's and half women's. This is the star. All were quality, no dispute there but this was the holy grail. Smoky incense oud. Performance out of this world. I regard as unisex but then again, to me, all fragrances are unisex. I really wish Amouage didn't classify its fragrances as for one or the other genders. The dry down stays interesting - sandalwood patch and incense; no powder here (which is my pet peeve when it comes to dry downs). This is the most sexy fragrance I have experienced and I can't get enough of it. My worry is that if I buy a bottle, my other bottles with collect dust! Honestly, it is that good.
Scent 10/10
Longevity 10/10
Projection 10/10
Back up bottle worthy: Absolutely!
Versatility 8/10
Desert Island fragrance: one of three (and that's no mean feat)
LOVE LOVE LOVE

Ky1227
Ky1227

This is what I picture Jesus smelling like.

I think of some 1000 year old church when I smell it. Must be the incense. Its very woody and spicy, but has this incredibly rich and subtle sweetness. Many consider this a night fragrance, but I also think it is nice for a fall or winter morning with a coffee/latte. I enjoy the scent, but it is probably the strongest fragrance I have ever smelled and that can get annoying. IT WONT GO AWAY! 12 hours later it is still just as strong as it was when you first sprayed it, so keep that in mind. I would not buy this blindly. Also not aa versatile fragrance. I would not wear this ever in the spring or summer and only select occasions because it is so strong. Good for a family party or fall/winter weekend day.

Uniqueness: 10/10
Projection: 10/10
Longevity: 50/10 (I was sick of smelling it so I took a shower about 8 and a half hours after I initially put it on then applied Tom Ford's Oud Wood in the same spot and I could barely smell the Oud Wood because the Interlude was still so strong)
Overall: 9/10

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

You can't judge a fragrance like this, especially if one sprays it on a piece of paper.
This is art.
It's not for a beginner.
This is what niche is all about , only certain people are going to like this and appreciate it.
It would probably perform best in the winter, but I'm always in a controlled environment so that rule is really irrelevant to me. However, if one does decide to wear this in the hot summer one spray is all a reccomend.

I prefer not to really wear this that often , I find I have to be in a certain mood for it and it's really not versatile in my opinion. I do however appreciate this more as an art form and the nature of its complexity. This is very, very powerful juice. A little go a long way. It definitely has that middle eastern king/sultan vibe going on

This is a definite try before you buy as I would assume this is going to be a love or hate relationship

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

imagine you are in the closed room and fire one wood till it become coal. now light the indian oud and smell deeply,yess you smell interlude. huge sillage,huge last longing and so intense scent. make me really headache. just suitable for over 30 not for younger.yes very classy but so expensive. sorry but i don't like him at all.
تصور کنید در یک اتاق کاملا بسته هستید و چوب تازه ای را می سوزانید تا تبدیل به زغال بشه و دود کنه. حالا یک عود هندیه تند هم روشن کنید و عمیق بو بکشید. تبریک می گم شما دارید امواج اینترلود یک میلیون تومنی را بو می کنید. دقیقا همونه با همون شدت و پخش بو. حتی من رفتم حموم و خوب دستمو شستم ولی تا روزه بعدشم هنوز بوش کاملا واضح میومد. واقعا باعث سر درد میشه مخصوصا برای افرادی که به بوهای تند حساسن. اصلا مناسب افراد زیر سی سال نیست. من که نه از بوش خوشم اومد نه از قیمتش.البته هر کی یه نظر داره.

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

This is a review for my most recent acquisition.

Interlude starts out with frankincense, myrrhe, and amber. After about an hour I start to get a lot of he oud smoke and leather. Almost like a campfire that is burning out. The last section is when it sinks back to a peppery incense.

Projection 4-5 hours
Longevity 10 hours
Overall scent is never unpleasant just beastly for the first hour. Put this on way before going anywhere.
Notes I get are Incense, Amber, Myrrhe, Oud, Leather, and Pepper.

I rate this scent an 8 out of 10. Not really versitale but for when you can use it, it's great. Also had to hit the rating for the price. $330 retail is a lot of cash to drop but if you can afford it, it's definitely a better investment than a lot of other fragrances that charge you $330 and up.

@rob2b
I feel stupid for writing that now and I had a feeling I'd have to eat my words. I let it develop a little longer and it's like the soot smell fades and uncovers the sweet oppoponax and amber, it definitely develops into something really nice and sweet. I still think the ash smell at the start is a bit overdone but I really do appreciate this fragrance a lot more now that I've smelt the drydown.

rob2b

@michalc - wait till it has dried down and the amber and resins emerge. And stop sniffing the skin where you sprayed it. It should be smelled from a distance. This stuff is most definitely not a skin scent!!

michalc

I hope someone can explain to me how it's possible to get complimehts from this, because I just got my sample and I want to like it, but 95% of the smell is just like ash/soot or smoke but not in a good way. I genuinely thought that if you wore this, people would ask if you'd been burning things or something like I can't see how anyone finds this pleasant as a fragrance.

Oldfuture
Oldfuture

Interlude doesn't need a review i will just make one statement from my own experience wearing interlude:

(it is very very very hard not to get compliments while wearing interlude)

i hope it doesn't get any reformulations in the near future.

Stallone Italiano
Stallone Italiano

a bomb! a napalm bomb!
sillage 100/10
longevity 200/10

OMG, this perfume is incredible... it's impossible!

WOW! Best winter fragrance ever!

MARFUOFFICIAL

Old formula year 2012 is fantastic and the longevity is more 15 hours.
Formula 2014-2015 is also fantastic but the longevity is 6-7 hours.
If you buy "MADE IN OMAN" it's the BEST..... "MADE IN UK" is poor quality !!!

rprovenz
rprovenz

Very masculine. Reminds of me chanel allure with some leather and oud to it.

Djuka777
Djuka777

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”

This is literally essence of chaos in the bottle, beautiful collision of notes that evoke energy. It smells to me really spiritual in it's essence, I can see ancient Indian Shaman making fire during tribal ceremonies while resins evaporate in the air and everyone is dancing and celebrating life and falling into the trance.

This one is really special, out of this world special crazy genius work of art. Perfumes like this really make mi feel grateful of being alive, of being able to experience in this case of being able to smell and feel.

master81

@majkinson, well maybe u should buy a second fridge.
I got a mini fridge in my room,its like a vending machine, the front is all glass.

majkinsin
majkinsin

@master81 I don't know how someone get from :"I kept my bottles in my car at 100 degrees and they went bad (i think)" to : "Therefore, I must keep my parfume collection in a fridge with my tomato and cucumber". To extreme, unnecessary and borderline paranoid.

master81

@ VanMarlton, too be honest I think if a perfume is older than 6 years it wont smell the same, in the past I used too have 70 to 80 bottles of perfumes,about 20 bottles were NICHE fragrances. Because perfumes used to last long in my collection I started noticing that few bottles are starting to smell different and weaker, chanel ALLURE was one of them, after 6 years in my collection, the smell changed and was weaker, now I am having this problem with some other bottles like bond NO9 and terre dhermes. This Special TIP is a must for every body, keep all your perfumes in the fridge. When a perfume is kept in the fridge it stays very fresh and cool, and it will last long in your collection. Also cause perfumes have alcohol its better to stay in fridge. I keep all my perfumes in a front glass fridge at low temperature. I learnt from my mistakes, I used to keep a bottle or two in my car in summer, because it used to get really hot and humid after few months the perfumes would smell weaker and different. Keep your perfumes in their boxes and in a cool place. Cheers

VanMarlton
VanMarlton

I recently bought a bottle of Interlude but I am not sure what batch it is, though it has a non-magnetic cap... Lasts a long time and is a great scent all around.

I also have a magnetic cap Memoir and it is just as stunning, lasts at least 10 hours on me.

To be completely honest though, I think the whole amouage reformulation thing is nothing but a myth. In fact, all newly produced bottles in general are seemingly weaker than the bottles one just finished. Fragrances DO "age" as they are used and typically get stronger as their contents deplete and they become richer with oxygen.

People need to keep that in mind as well. I am not saying what is right or wrong here, and I could be completely wrong too, but it should be definitely considered as alternative explanation as to why some many houses, including Amouage, Dior and Montale keep "messing" with their juices almost annually. Just something that I noticed on my own as a maverick enthusiast.

Who knows, maybe the new "weak" stuff will be considered "vintage beasts" several years down the road :)

master81

@Myra83, their is a difference between batch number and code number, I got the same bar code numbers on both of my interlude bottles. I got one interlude made in oman, and the other one is made in uk.
The one made in oman has the following batch number 004503031213, look at last 6 number that will tell you the date of production. 03/12/13 that was the last of the long lasting interlude, anything made in 2014 is the weak interlude, I got amouage gold batch no is on the bottom of glass bottle 18949041112 last 6 numbers mean the production date. 04/11/12 also this perfume lasts on me more than 15 hours.I also got 2 bottles of opus VI batch number on back of box 002910011013 last 6 numbers are the production day 01/10/13.Opus VI stays on me 24 hours, anything made in 2014 is the weaker version. finally I got 1 bottle of opus V and the batch number is on the bottom of the glass bottle, batch number doesn't always have to be on or bottom of box it can be on the bottom of the perfume bottle, OPUS V batch no is 001509280413 last 6 numbers mean the production day 28/04/13, if you got 2014 its the weaker version. Opus V last 24 hours on me. I hope this would help people.

hemp

@sezyvex, the code that Myra is talking about is on the ingredients sticker, they all have it, I only just discovered it myself

myra83

peymanAhi yesss you can see bottom of the box the new reformulation code 31592 and the old formulation is 11592..better dont by if code start from 3**** for all amouage range if you need longlasting effect. if you dont mind for longlasting effect quality then buy it.

LNelly
LNelly

Surely this is the elixir the magi brought the prophesied King, or at least, what their well-appointed tents must have smelled like as they made their way through the desert. This fragrance is spiritual, yet approachable. Incense floats above a sweet resinous base, made less somber -- perhaps even cheerful? -- by the addition of oregano. Somehow, this "moment" of the fragrance lasts and lasts without feeling linear. After about an hour, I would have expected something to fade in/fade out, yet I am transported to the desert tent again and again, with nuances to discover (are they now smoking pipes? eating smoked meat with rosemary? perhaps a fragrant bath begins?) As the oregano and incense fades, I'm left with sweet amber and hints of smoke -- in no way challenging, and altogether pleasant.

To me, this is the fragrance of a gentleman -- well-spoken, well-mannered, honest and loyal. A man who doesn't devour his mate, but enjoys her morsel by morsel. I don't find this fragrance "sexy" per se, but the way it draws me in is very alluring. My husband does not generally like incense -- I WILL convert him!

@pinnacos
hye dear.. you mean the batch code below the box i got last 4 digit number i think it made in 2014 last year.. so now i got your point the more older code more matured juic more lasting isnit?

Pinnacos

The magnetic cap isn't the determining factor. The two bottles of Interlude Man that I've got have the new cap, but still contain that freakishly potent juice. You must have to refer to the batch number to know the age of your juice.

@peymanAhi
SALAM dear.. that also my problem.. i hear all amouage store they send back old version to amouage factory in oman.. so dispointed my favt signiture epic women also no longevity at all may be longevity a bit longer in cold country or 4 season country. you just imagine the king longevity mastrpeice perfume like interlude men can be stand only 3hours+. i also ask amouage staff and sales in boutique here. they didnt admit the changing longevity.. seems like i have to go my self to oman and purchase amouage. frust frust frust

myra83

okay guys yesterday purchased another interlude men.. this is my 2nd bottle.. firtst bought in 2013 the old version.. 1 or 2 tiny spray hold on my skin more than 12 hours with hot humidity weather malaysia. my second purchase make me so dispointed. silage and note to note no any difrend but longevity about 3 to 4 hours and disepear.. kind a weird a giant monster perfume like interlude men vaporised so quickly.... sad and a big frustared for this new reformulation. my second bottled is magnetic cap.

p/s i bought this directly from amouage boutique in starhill galery kuala lumpur malaysia which the same amouage boutique where i purchase my 1st interlude men.

FredFrag
FredFrag

This is the type of Fragrance I like potent and long lasting.

Hasan603
Hasan603

محشره اگه کسی از عطرای دودی و تاریک خوشش بیاد از این بهتر به نظر من نمیشه بوش شبیه هیچ عطری نیس مث اپیک مث مموغ و مث جبلیشن به نظرم هر 4 تاشونو باید داشت و این یکی از اون 3 تا هم بهتره کلا یا از آمواژ خوشت نمیاد یا دیوونه ش میشی برند مورد علاقه من ! دمشون گرم با این عطرای محشرشون

jtd
jtd

God knows Amouage have done the 'go big or go home' style masculine fragrances before. In fact they are some of the line's most successful perfumes. Hybrid vigor, Amouage's implicit goal, has led to beautiful fragrances that highlight traditional Eastern materials and Western compositional methods.

The sensibility that results from this hybrid has seldom been timid and Interlude Man is a beast, but a lovely one. Contemporary men's fragrances, niche and mainstream alike, often use a particular set of woody notes to imply masculinity. This limited vocabulary has drawbacks. Firstly, these notes are usually created from a range of aromachemicals that, when left alone, smell like chemicals. Secondly, without padding, without other notes to fill the empty spaces and round out the angles, men's fragrances often smell alike and lack nuance. Interlude avoids this mistake and is aromatic, expensive, nuanced, complex and capital-B Beautiful.

Line up Interlude with Amouage's other classic masculines (Dia, Ciel, Epic...) and the family resemblance, based largely in their use of incense, is easy to see. The real point of comparison for Interlude, though is the best of the men's Power Fragrances from the 1980s. They're sometimes referred to as knuckle dragging simpletons, but the best of them were simultaneously loud, beautiful and subtle. YSL Kouros was an orange-flower beauty. Hermès Bel Ami wrapped leather in violet and gasoline. Chanel Antaeus had aromatic top notes and lunged at you like a coke-head on aldehydes. Dior Jules and Caron Third Man emphasized the ruggedness of the fougère by smothering it in aromatic and floral notes. Lauder for Men hid its gruffness behind a very pretty muguet note.

Interlude is most similar to the BFFs of the time, the Big Fucking Fougères. It doesn't share the genres defining lavender/coumarin mix, but it balances bass and baritone notes with durable higher pitched notes. Like the BFFs it has a broad spectrum harmony that lasts from start to finish. You don't just hear the high-pitched notes in the top notes, and you don't get the lower register notes only in the bass notes. The harmony last from top to bottom. The similarity to the fougère genre lies in its aromatic quality. Where an aromatic fougère might use geranium or some other leafy green, Interlude uses oregano.

Oregano! Maybe not the greatest selling point points in a list of notes, but extremely successful in bringing a green expansive quality to a woody perfume. A bit of patchouli seems to integrate the oregano, so that it doesn't suggest pizza or a sore thumb. Incense jumps out from first sniff, but the rest of the woody tone is an interesting blend. Oud? Sandalwood? There is a warm, leathery, dusty quality in the basenotes that just purrs.

Interlude's combination of boldness and complexity differentiates it from the dull crowd of most contemporary woody fragrances and links it to the best of the 1980s. Vive le power frag

matty64
matty64

After reading numerous positive reviews here on Fragrantica I purchased Interlude Man for 1/2 off the retail price and I'm glad I did. The packaging is top notch and the cobalt blue bottle is exquisite. For me the most important thing is the juice inside the flacon. Interlude opens up with an intoxicating citrus, cypress berry blast with a sweet powdery transition into a head spinning combination of ingredients in the heart of the fragrance. The dry down is a smooth operation of leathery resins and powdery sweetness. Silage is a good 4 ft. diameter for 8 hrs. and the longevity is off the charts for my skin, an unbelievable 24 hrs. plus...This masterpiece is definitely FBW!

master81

Hey Interlude lovers, I got 2 full bottles for sale of interlude missing only 5ml, still 95% full. The ones I got are made in oman, very strong and last more than 20 hours on my skin, comes with original box.Drop me an email: [email protected]
I am located in Sydney Australia.

hadi2073
hadi2073

باسلام در توصیف این عطر باید اول از همه به ماندگاری بالای 8 ساعت روی پوست وبالای 7 روز روی لباس اشاره می کنم تا فعلا اولش یکم حال کنید تا بقبشم بگم براتون
در مورد رایحه هم در نت ابتدایی شیرینی خاصی داره که من باهاش حال نکردم البته این فقط 5 دقیقه زمان میخواد تا به نت میانی که برای من بسیار خوشبوست وارد بشیم ودر اینجاس که بوی عطر بسیار شبیه بوی تریاک سوخته است ودر کل تلخ وشیرینه و بسیار مردانه و با کلاس ، دراین نت بوی بخور وعود وپونه کوهی قابل احساسه و در نت پایانی هم بیشترین بویی که قابل حس کردنه بوی دارچینه
در مورد پخش بو هم باید بگم عالیه

RileyB
RileyB

This definitely has the WOW factor for me. Amazing fragrance. The incense is sublime. A beautiful, evolving balsamic resinous smokey sweet fragrance that resonates class in all it's facets. Its a balsamic that's done right with an extreme amount of taste and sophistication. It's by no means brash and in your face, but rather a super smooth blend that presets itself with warmth, sophistication and a wonderful sense of style. I’m reminded somewhat of the Tom Ford's like Tobacco Vanille and perhaps more so Oud Wood, that vanilla sweetness, but its more resinous here (and far better imo) due to the use of Opoponax in the fragrance, yet has the same level of warmth and invitation as the Fords mentioned. Lovely. This is extremely layered as well, it evolves and develops in it's pleasure to me as it progresses in the dry down, and that's saying something because it's already an olfactory top notch to my nose from the opening.
I’ll also add that anybody that loves a good warm tobacco fragrance and has been wondering about ouds, this is an excellent bridge fragrance. The smoke is some what mild though and changes and softens in degree during the evolution but it's certainly well worth a try. Love it!

mike2342
mike2342

This juice is just heaven. No other word can describe it apart from heavenly. If you can afford buy this NOW you will not regret it 11/10 worth every $

westside
westside

I sampled this mystical elixir on my wrists a few weeks ago and immediately fell into a trance at Heathrow T5 probably looking like some OCD sniff zombie to strangers because I could not refrain from bringing my wrists up for a hit every couple of minutes (seconds?). What the hell is in that stuff?! Magic.

Sweet. Smoky. Powerful. Narcotic. It grabs you and holds you. Exotic yet strangely familiar.

The days following my test run with Interlude I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wanted it. I needed it. What's wrong with me? I'm a grown man. I shouldn't be daydreaming about parfum.

So I bought the big one on my way back home. I was so excited to get to the airport early. A special treasured possession. So delightful and beautiful. Amazing presentation - the box is worthy of a Rolex. I decided to keep this gem in the packaging on my dresser because it is so special. On the plane I took it out of my bag several times to fondle it. But I didn't DARE let that genie out of the bottle on a plane as much as I so desperately wanted to give it just a little pump maybe into the cap.

Longevity? I'll let you know if / when it ever wears off. Projection? Most of any I own. And I would be careful spraying on clothing. Unless you want to make it your signature scent!

This is rare alchemy for midnight serendipity.

dbbro
dbbro

After a long long time I experience a new level of life pleasures with Interlude. I love fragrances and are a part of my life but I never felt this pleasure. Interlude keep me in it wings like no other fragrance. The experience is very high. 23 years ago I felt some like this with Antaeus but not so strong. Interlude looks Antaeus but is more. Is like a divinity made it. The combination of base notes is a perfect fit. I like Snadalwood, Agar and Patchouli and probably this is the reason for this feeling. Maximum power and best sillage probably in top 3 of these. If you like Antaeus and old school you can try. Is not modern and must order a sample first but for me is the best in my life.

bbjmcse1
bbjmcse1

Huge lasting power and sillage!
I applied two spays on the back side of my hand and can still smell it 48 hours latter.
Amazing scent!

ramshad
ramshad

من بوی تریاک سوخته رو نمیدونم چه جوریه! اما اینترلود آمواج که توصیف بوش کار سختیه آخر آخرشه! من اسانسش رو دارم. اودکلنش رو بو کردم.نت اولیه اودکلن با اسانسی که من دارم مو نمی زنه. خیلی دوستش دارم
نمره ای که به رایحه؛پخش بو و موندگاریش میدم 20 تموم

mysticaldeath
mysticaldeath

this is everything i wanted and expected from amouage; myrrh, tobacco, , patchouli, & amber so thick its almost "chewy". i didn't' get the oregano note here until i sprayed instead of dabbed, its relatively linear for me until the day after when it dried down into epic, which i also own. i just wish epic had more of this concentration. expect to quickly clear a room if over applied which could happen very easily given its power but i appreciate that. id rather have to be careful than constantly reapply. my favorite of the amouage line up, i do love jubilation but wish there was a diet version sometimes as it is cavity causing sweet. epic is a high quality classic, but suffers from the path being tread so hard by just everyone in the 80s that its difficult for it to feel at all distinguished. memoir's ashy green decay feels somewhat depressing somehow. certainly there are echoes of l'air du desert marocain here, LADDM seems more "hollowed out" and i dont mean that in a bad way, it just has more a camphorous quality to its weight. i wish fragrantica's category of "incense" in the pyramid was more specific because there are so many kinds. EDIT realized tonight just what it was that smelled SO familiar, maitre parfumer et gantiers eau des iles,

zevy01
zevy01

I was very excited to try this because based on the notes and great reviews it seemed like something right up my alley. But as soon as I tried it all I could think was "Blistex." I kept trying my sample day after day, maybe I was missing something, but i could never shake that it simply smelled like I opened a container of blistex and smeared it all over me. Personal disappointment although I hope all that see its complexity can appreciate it, as I could not.

tansu
tansu

Already very excellent. . Very happy when I buy it . wonderful . amazing . Thank Amouage

Tassio12
Tassio12

This is a force to behold. Performance is out of this world. It would be my "reference incense" if there were such a thing. Dark and heavy, mysterious and a bit..... Sinister. It is a thing of beauty to behold but I will only be wearing for myself as it is soothing and comforting in an odd way. I don't have the mojo to pull this one off in public, but I'll enjoy it anyway.

Jarrock32
Jarrock32

I had this fragrance maybe during one year.. And definetly I can't stand that harsh and sharp aspect. Since I smelled I was certain that it was the most incredible, unique, and artistic smell on the market. I m still thinking so, but simply I can't take that aspect, even cause me some kind of sickness.

I would like to mention that I see a clear relation between this perfume and L'air du desert marocain, similar kind of harsness burning in my nose, spices and amber. The question is: interlude starts softer and sweeter and instantly became to change to that harshness that last long, its seems never ends.. But after maybe 20 hours arrive the sweet amber that I think everybody loves (too much time waiting for me..) And marocain on the other hand starts very pungent and harsh and then calm into a sweeter balmy spices, but only needs 1 or 2 hours to shows its magic and starts to enjoy. You can smell great for a long time.

Thats the diffrence for me between two masterpieces, one stodgy disaster and one winner.

Bye interlude, what a nice try anyway.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

checked this on dubai duty free. it was such a disappointment . for this strange smell they are charging to dearly.
it is a strange mix of sharp and heavy smell , which you can find in cheap itars found at about the 10th price. perahs i can give it another chance and spread it over skin after applying to remove the sharp part but i dont have big hopes.
fragrance 4/10
longivity 7/10
sillage 9/10

ttt3008

To me this fragrance smells like Malaysia. Lot's of incense and a little amber to back it up. I couldn't really make out anything else other than those two scents primarily. Although its not my favorite, It's definitely of excellent quality and longevity because a little goes a long way.

Smell: 8/10
Sillage: 10/10
Quality: 10/10

Edit: 1/8/16

I purchased a sample of this fragrance for the second time and noticed a change in the smell. Its sweeter right off the bat and less smoky. It also seems less potent as the previous batch I tested.

Smell: 8/10
Sillage: 8/10
Quality: 10/10

shoguns2480
shoguns2480

Hookah tobacco and heavy church incense. I mean thats it...okay so really really high quality hookah tobacco and church incense.

rob2b

I'm struggling to review this scent. It is one of my all-time favourites, yet I only really manage to tell people that it smells smoky and perfectly recreates the smell of burning incense. I recently bought some Japanese ceremonial agarwood incense and it smells very much like this as it smoulders. Last winter, a lady in a bar told me I smelled of Indian temples and that she wanted to keep sniffing me all night!!
The bizarre thing about Interlude is that it opens with green herbal notes (bergamot, oregano and pepper) which are incompatible with the middle and base notes, in an almost unpleasant way. But goddamn it's worth waiting until the next stage as this fragrance becomes absolutely magnificent. It's the Carmina Burana of the world of fragrance; dramatic, attention-grabbing, profound, complex, hard to characterise and extremely powerful! Beautiful smoky resins and balsams on an Amber and patchouli base.
Probably more suited for autumn/winter, although it does also work on hot nights if applied to the hair so it remains cooler.

tymanski
tymanski

i think interlude man is a fine & original frag. the base does reveal a 'classic' old school base of rich ambers & vanilla, but the ride op top is a wild one with those fantastic herbs & spices given the baroque ott treatment. dosage is indeed key as overspraying upsets the fine balance of a very complex frag. preferable as a 'winter warmer' comfort frag - in work or formal situations could be obtrusive. i do love it and given the sad state of amouage lately, could very well be the last interesting release from this house for me.....

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

The rich woody smokiness of charcoal with spice and a hint of sweetness, a masterclass of the perfumer's art. Imagination creates connotations of wealth, power and lust but realism says it just smells good, damn good.

تحية لأمواج
فعلا عطر فخم راقي جدا
لا يعرف قيمة هذا العطر الا ذوي الأنوف الذواقة
عطري المفضل للأجواء الباردة وللمناسبات

أنا الأن استنشق عبيره واسمتع بتقلباته
يستحق ثمنه

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

I'm giving it a test wear. I got a weird bubblegum note at the start. Not sure what that was all about. Plus all the smoky incense stuff. I do tend to feel that Amouage make scents like crazy people cook -let's chuck everything in and see what happens. But it seems to work. Powerhouse scent with lots of facets. Im getting the oregano note I recognise from SL Ambre Sultan too. It all seems expertly blended. Nothing clangs for me. I'm enjoying the creamy smoky dry down of this one. By the way I'm a woman and I think it's very unisex.

There's a peppery brightness which lingers right alongside the creamy smooth dry down. I'm really loving this

Update: I gave this a full wearing today, applied in the morning and went to school. At about 4pm a teenager remarked 'OMG whose wearing Lynx?'. Couldn't help but Think this it was me! I must have been gassing the poor children ALL DAY! Take care with application!

Arsenal Till I Die

In my eyes, the king of the woody/smoky scents. Smells to my nose of a berry like shisha tobacco that performs unbelievably well. Smell wise if i had to make a comparison it reminds me of Armani Prives, Myrrh Imperiale (great scent) but being more on the sweeter side. When it comes to a fragrance like this, you really need to have an open mind and interpret it yourself without having any preconceived notions. Speaking from a newbies point of view ,once you delve deep into the fragrance game you realise there's sooo much more than you're crowd/mass appealing scents and lies a whole other world of complex and unique scents which may take time to understand and appreciate... I can remember vividly the times when i first started sampling niche scents and really disliked most of the Amouage line except for Reflection Man because it was one of their safer and pleasant offerings. But since then my nose has developed and my understanding and appreciation for these unique creations have skyrocketed. This masterpiece is an extremely unique scent that will certainly get you noticed when you want to stand out. Easily my favourite from the house!

Zeyad
Zeyad

Luxurious middle eastern scent. It is strong and so serious you definitely can't wear it anytime. it is not for everyone though.

I'm 20 and I do like this so much but it doesn't fit me (I'd just buy it for myself and enjoy its scent :D)

IMO it would fit perfectly on 50+ serious wealthy man in serious night.

عطر بخوري جميل جداً يصلح للشياب اكثر.
فخامة العطر ماتسمح لك تستخدمه بأي وقت .. يحتاج مناسبة جادة مثل الأعراس.

ReHan

Well it is the representative of power, wealth and lust.
the heaviest and longest smelling perfume ever known to me.

Moonlitknight
Moonlitknight

I love this one. Dark, misterious, powerful, spicy.Oregano, OUd, incense, slightly sweetened by a faint note of amber, truly a masterpiece!. As it's been said before, for the man who masters his own destiny, for the man with evil intentions!. I bought a 100 Ml bottle, it will be enough for the rest of my natural life. Very strong, I get 24 hours easy from this. I don't dare to spray it on myself, I do half spray on a little piece of cloth and rub it on my neck, more than enough. Over spray this elixir and you will conjure the prince of darkness himself! Boris Balkan, the devil's worshiper from the movie The ninth door will call you and offer to buy it from you!

Q80
Q80

oh really? are you serious guys that this is oud? this exactly like going to an Arabian restaurant that sells Arabian sweets (Kanafeh), meat sandwiches (shawarma) and some grilled Kufta, Kebab, and they serve american food which is beef bacon with ketchup! and you are sitting in the middle, and that's exactly Interlude Man. it's really bad if westerners thinks this is oud and sorry it's even funny to know that, no offense.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Strong, intense, male evilly. Wearable only by men over 40. The man who wears this fragrance is educated, experienced, is mature. I recommend you try it before purchasing. However, a great scent.

masak389
masak389

Tested this morning, and eight hours after It continues radiating a magical aura.
It's impressive, captivating, mesmerizing and alluring. This is a must try for incense-oud oriental lovers. It's very smoky and woody-spicy but the woody-spicy accord comes from different elements differing from the trendy woody-spicy fragrances where this accord is rendered by a single molecule. A fragrance very complex and beautifully crafted. A must try

deruitem
deruitem

Now that I have wore this a few timnes I feel like I am ready for a review.

It last all day and projects well. I put it on at 5am and could still smell it at bed time at 1130pm.

If you do not like incense this is not for you. The smokey incense is intense. My wife does not like incense and she hated this stuff.

However if you do like incense this is a must try. Spicy and just a little sweet. Great performance.

I will not be buying since the wife did not like it and I thought it was only ok since I am not a huge incense fan.

If you like incense you should love this one

meysamgh

I now have three bottles of Interlude, purchased from same place (David Jones Australia) and I have to tell you comparing them side by side shows the difference. My original one which is the 2012 purchased just after the release is like a bomb and last forever!! The other one I bought in March 2013 is just ok, not as strong as the first one but still very good. Now, 2014 bottle with magnetic cap, it's not even the same perfume, it's lighter and last few hours. Even by spraying it on one arm and comparing it side by side with old one you can see the deifference.
For peolpe who think new magnetic cap is very strong I assume they haven't smelled or tried the original 2012 bottle. Or maybe Amouage decides to make different batches for different regions as there are two variations : One is Made in Oman one and the other one is Make in UK.

Prince Ali
Prince Ali

This is a very nice fragrance, for me the best amouage it has a very longevity. I would say is the perfect scent

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

I discovered a new fragrance note on sampling this perfume, an absolutely gorgeous balsamic spiciness that I hadn’t experienced before. On further study (thanks to Fragrantica) I’ve identified that note as opoponax, or sweet myrrh. It really is lovely, a warm and sweet honey enthused balsamic that is an absolute pleasure to wear. Interlude Man by Amouage is way above my price range, but I can enjoy small samples every now and then, and as I’m wearing it around town today I feel absolutely privileged to be wearing such a gorgeous, beautiful, almost spellbindingly magical mystical scent.

chweintr

This is my second review of this...I tried it last year at some point and Got it all wrong.

When I first tried it I found it suffocating... I didn't like how strong the oregano and mint(?) came off... the incense seemed jammy and syrupy...and I could not wash it off for days...

I hadn't tried it again until a few days ago. I put on a small amount --still got the same kind of association...strawberry hookah tobacco- But this time I love it- same head-filling sweetness but since I didn't douse myself this time, it seems to work.
Calls to mind honeyed Bedouin Tea.

So that's the trick with this..put on just a little bit. I am not even sure I would spray it... dab it dudes. dab it.

in moderation this is great - distinctive and powerful... and a stress reliever.

Furby76
Furby76

Just tried this at work in Duty Free, and have to say the initial application is gorgeous. Straight away I get the sweetness of the Amber or possibly the Opoponax? mixed with the Pepper. It smells quite feminine, and a very classy smell that gives me images of Sheikhs walking through the first class lounge. I'll give an update in a few hours, once I've experienced the drydown.

Ok, with the drydown, I get a faint Oud, but only minimally. There's just enough, that again makes it masculine enough with the sweetness that dominates this scent. The sillage can't be that great, as I'm asking colleagues what they think, and they literally have to smell my neck, and that's even after a couple of hours. Although 2 out of 3 do like the smell in general, the sillage lets this scent down for the cost.

JeanMaurice

I begin to think they act like Creed with batches variations.

@meysamgh

Hi mate. I have to say my Interlude is the new one with the magnetic cap, but here its project and last like a BEAST. I did not know the older bottle so I can't say nothing about it, but here this one is a beast with 1 or 2 sprays max.

Hi,
This one was one of my favorite perfumes but unfortunately Amouage reformulate lots of their products and this one was no exception. New bottle I got which comes with magnetic cap is very poor, doesn't have depth and it's not potent anymore. It's really a shame that you pay this much money and you get something with poor quality. My first bottle of this that I bought in 2012 was like a bomb, very strong, excellent sillage and nice drydown but new one nothing.
It's time to say goodbye to Amouage.

MADAYTON77
MADAYTON77

Beautiful knock your socks of fragrance. Woody, smoky & spicy what's not to like. My favorite from the Amouage house. Truly, a pleasure to wear and feel important during the day. Monstrous longevity as this will keep you from needing a scent for the evening.

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

This is going to be my #2 most weared fall/winter fragrance in the year of 2014 and my christmas scent of the day would be my blue bottle right here.It is only beaten by his bigger brother and holy king Jubilation XXV

trippy
trippy

Smokier than white phosphorous..totally digging the frankincense/oud combo..love or hate...take it or leave it..I took it witha back up since they are being reformulated due to new restrictions...

esteban747
esteban747

Sweet amber. Spicy Amber. Resinous amber. Citrus Amber. And that's just the opening.
You have to be ready for this fragrance.
Then the incense quietly appears and brings a calm, seductive and masculine aura, the pepper and oregano are still vaguely perceptible.
Then it's the leather that combined with patchouli creates an almost animalic scent. At this point it smells wonderful and you can tell it's a quality and well exected fragrance. It gives a serious vibe, I don't think this is a fragrance for a casual activity.
If incense is your favorite note, then for sure you have to try Interlude.
I'm a big fan of citrus, airy unisex fragrances because I live in a city with long hot and humid summers. But those scents lack longevity and in general originality. Thanks to Amouage I'm discovering incredible fragrances and learning that I don't need to settle for a "water with lemons" just for the sake of not disturbing other people. I can smell regal, opulent, different and feel great about it.

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

Wow ! This surprised me. I had heard some reviewers describe this rather unkindly as 'liquid ash'. I don't know what they had been smoking, but that seems very unfair. This is a potent resinous subtly sweet fragrance with a twist.

If you like resin/amber/incense but don't want to smell like a church, then this may be for you. There is also a leather/oud accord in there, which is subtle but changes the whole character of the scent and gives it a more modern feel.

It has a distinct honeyed sweetness with a hint of vanilla. I did not understand how that was achieved with no floral, fruit or honey notes. Apparently it is the labdanum which modifies the oppopinax to create a honeyed sweet resinous accord. It is not gourmand, but only one step from that in terms of sweetness.

For me it is more masculine than feminine, but a confident woman could easily rock it.

This is perfume not cologne and it has depth and power. The performance, in terms of both projection and longevity, is excellent. More for autumn/ winter than summer and more for evening than daytime.

It's pricey but a little goes a long way

إن كان للفخامة عنوان فهو هذا العطر الفذ

يستحق ثمنه الباهض

شكرا أمواج

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The structure of Interlude Man is of a classic leather-velvety fougère with herbal and incense notes (on the polished-synthetic-woody side), reminding me of other contemporary niche fougères for man like Fetish pour Homme by Roja Dove. Decent and pleasantly plain, and a bit derivative too, as it basically smells like the drydown of any leathery masculine scent from the '70s or the '80s, even if (obviously, I'd say) less powerful and compelling. Nonetheless, it is surely balanced and pleasant, the leather is refreshed by balsamic notes and softened by incense, green notes and a hint of amber - all a bit plain and synthetic to my nose to be honest, but pleasant, refined and classy ("it smells expensive", shortly). Given the pretenses and the price, it's just not that worth it in my opinion.

6,5/10

It's simply the best!

Bodda89
Bodda89

Sweetened boiling milk and ash in a very good way

ReHan

I still have to check it.but the notes looks promising to me.i love inky sweet oudish dark aromas.and the the projection and the longevity would be great.i will review my comments once I put my nose on it.

Malthus101
Malthus101

This is a good scent in that amber/incense/oud kinda genre.

Didn't think much the first time I smelled it but on my skin today I was happy to keep sniffing it.

It's layered - it's hard for me to pick out the individual notes (not trained) but you can smell it's complex.

It reaches it's main accord quickly and stays with it a long time. If only all frags had this longevity and power of sustain.

I'm not blown away by this scent, it's just enjoyable.

It's nice but no more so than a "designer" fragrance might be. Happy to use it for a season but could get bored of it after too long.

I would feel comfortable wearing this to the opera or to a family dinner in a restaurant - dressed smart but not wanting a skanky, sexy, musky evening scent.

This is far more people friendly and well mannered.

I do not understand people calling this dark and gothic - far from it if you ask me.

gzalvares
gzalvares

As Memoir, Interlude begin strangely. Total disharmony that takes time to harmonize. Until then, many will give it up. Smoky earth, this is it. But the sweet chords will appear: opoponax, amber, oud. Another artwork where you can not smell the fragrance closely, but its aura!

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

Divine madness!
Stunning! One of the best from Amouage.

A Fragnatic oxymoron, in one sentence:
From chaos to harmony.

Incredible changing and lingering projection. A kaleidoscopic, Dante's journey in a land of spiritual, yet sensual smells and aromas.

At first, because of oregano and incense, the intriguing herbal smokiness makes an image of a burning garden with sweet ashes falling around. It blasts you off! At a moment when you are thinking that it is too much, you are moved into more spiritual place, think of a temple in a desert, with developing amber, incense and manly leather. The third phase is comforting, a secure, cosy hug of creamy patchouli. True Amouage!

Two drops a day are enough. Whole bottle will lasts almost forever.

jotaclow
jotaclow

OMG, I was so exciting about this fragance after I see the comments specially about longevity and sillage. But when I got it, what a deception.

Good looking bottle and the juice is very strong. But it smeels really bad, lots of incense and earthy notes. If you liked Gucci Pour Homme I, go for it. It's a sweeter and exquisite version of GPHI.

I had to pass.... =/

Brent0529:

And to think I just ordered 3 full bottles today. I'm guessing they'll last me a few weeks . . .

brent0529
brent0529

If you were to buy just 4 x 1ml sample vials of this cologne, it will last you an entire winter plus maybe part of the next. It lasts like very few others and projects on a whole other level. 4 dabs is waaay plenty.

I bought a sample of this last July. By testing this or simply smelling this fragrance in the summer,it made me swear I never wanted to smell like this perfume ever, even though it is very artful and interesting. But when winter hit full force, my thoughts about it had changed totally. I really love it as long as it is below 40 degrees.

To prove my point on its power...I put on about 2 dabs on the back of both my hands, about 28 degrees outside, and went to eat at Waffle House one night. EXACTLY as soon as I sat down in a booth, 2 waitresses came to my table and said I smelled amazing...which normally wouldn't be so hard to believe, except this was Waffle House, which had about 6 lbs. of bacon frying and smoking, waffles cooking, eggs scrambling, etc. It blew my mind 4 small sample dabs cut through all those heavy smells.

TRUST me on the only needing 3-4 sample vials of this for an entire fall/winter season, and that's if you wear it several times a week. That'll likely cost you about $15-$20...Instead of $300 something at one time for a full bottle.

colinr81
colinr81

This fragrance is amazing for winter and cold days, it is a very nice warm smokey incense fragrance, for me it's a very cozy relaxing scent, but be warned this stuff is strong, I get over 12 hours out of this one and I've showered after wearing it and still been able to smell on myself after. So I recommend a maximum of 2 sprays with this stuff.
Also if over sprayed this defiantly could be very offensive for those around you.
The bottle and presentation is what you'd expect for a fragrance at this price very nice indeed.
Is it worth the money? Yes I think so, if you only use a couple of sprays a time the bottle should last a long time.

kazewayz

Few fragrances have captivated me the way Interlude has. In my fragrance experience having smelled hundreds of fragrances, there has been a few that have impacted me & this is one of them. It is in my top 10 of all time with out a doubt. This is the holy grail of darkness, the king of incense, the Dracula of fragrances. The most Gothic, medieval, bohemian scent I have ever laid my nose on. This beauty takes me on a mysterious journey which no other fragrance has ever done. A true masterpiece, a work of art that I fell in love with. The eerie quality of it attracts my senses ever more. My hat goes off to perfumer Pierre Negrin & Amouage for poking into the ether & bringing about a perfect blend that's both unique & unusual. Perfect in projection & longevity. An elixir that is endless in time, and that I absolutely love.

Nosy_Thoughts
Nosy_Thoughts

A really complex fragrance for starters. With all the mayhem going with this complexity things seem to be working together beautifully, oddly enough - more like organized chaos.. Overall is a smoky resinous (sweet) leather that exudes highly intriguing characters to it. This BIG statement-making fragrance is not necessarily easy to wear but the dry down on it is more than just likable.. It's seductively likable... - 5*

jeah44306
jeah44306

This fragrance intoxicated my thoughts from the very moment I first smelled it. Yes, it does smell like ashes, sweet ashes. I had originally sampled this but couldn't wait long after to buy a full bottle. This fragrance makes me look forward to the winter. If you like incense I suggest giving this one a try, it's a beauty!

joov84
joov84

a balsamic smoky ambery sweet powdery fragrance with an amazing drydown.

it took me only one try to decide to buy this fragrance. at first sniff it was ok. it smelled unique and different.a little bit harsh from the oregano. then in the drydown the smell became so nice and appealing. sweet powdery smoky leathery ambery vanillic drydown. its perfect for the cold weather. less is more with interlude man as it is a beast.

8.8/10

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Interlude Man is incredible. Gently sweet, Very smokey, unique and very attractive. Lovely
The Opening is powerful. The fragrance is amazing in its base. I accidentally broke my sample and all day the room had an extraordinarily elegant aroma.
Mysterious, Seductive, something uncomparable. Glorious composition.
This is a smoking parfum. The sweet notes is not strong and very gentle and made in the most elegant way. This is one of the best past and present male parfums ever. Its so nice I have enjoyed wearing it gently. Its scent is of power and elegance. Its the top grade caviar of parfum.

LOVE

tecum15
tecum15

Absolute beauty! The incense, the smoke! And oddly enough reminds me of corn on the cob (because of its butterniness I suppose). This is a masterpiece that develops a penchant for addition. Leathery smokiness that takes you on a chaotic journey...long journey, because this one lasts!!!

farang
farang

Not bad, but far too strong - that's all I can say. A loud cacophony of scents all over the place.

Interlude Woman however, is much better behaved and blended and completely unisex.

Estebanz
Estebanz

This time I will resume my thoughts on Interlude Man by using the exact words and expressions used by my brother Fucci Bless when I asked his opinion about Da Blue Beast,because his words express my feelings About this Piece,and nothing else needs to be mention.

" Few fragrances have captivated me the way this has. In my fragrance experience having smelled hundreds of fragrances there has been only a few that impacted me & this is one of them. It is in my top 10 of all time with out a doubt. This is the holy grail of darkness, the king of incense, the Dracula of fragrances. The most gothic, medieval, bohemic scent I have ever laid my nose on takes me on a misterious journey which no other fragrance has ever done. A true masterpiece, a work of art that I fell in love with. My hat goes off to parfumer Pierre Negrin for blending this to perfection. This potion is endless and I love it more and more everytime I smell it.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I'm surprised by the notes here, because my nose pegged this as a waxy, sweet vanilla oriental. I guess I was unaware how sweet oponopax and amber can be in concentrated doses. Later on I picked up on the patchouli and sandalwood, but no oud at all. This remains predominantly sweet and warm, like a vanilla candle.

Definitely not a day wear scent and I couldn't see myself wearing this outside of Christmas season.

Pinnacos

God, I love this stuff. It's a bit of a shocker at first, but damn is it a good skanky sex scent. Who knew that oregano in the mix could do that? Apparently Amouage did.

Agreed, I wouldn't wear it to church, but in the bedroom . . .

TBARANTOR
TBARANTOR

Dont know anyone who want to smell like soot. this thing is horrible !
Dont believe the hype and dont interact with other people while you wear this.

RevADGriffin

Frequently I revisit this page to see how fellow journeyman have fared with this fragrance.

History: On Dec. 25, 2013 I logged my first observation of a sample I'd received only a day or so earlier. On Feb 20, 2014 I received my first fb and have been in another dimension ever since. I don't - can't - or won't wear it frequently only because it's like my wife; a prized jewel that should only be brought out and gazed upon strategically and briefly; so as to maintain it's inherent value and deep appreciation of it's sublime and surreal creative qualities.

In March I was compelled to make a point (not in defense) but out of loyalty to my own life-light; to explain how someone like myself, who earns a very, very modest income as a minister would have obtained such a work.

Of all the recent remarks I really enjoyed MisterCrazyLegs observations.
Like him, although I still enjoy other fragrances, Interlude Man seems to have captured my soul. (ibid., Jesus)

"Burnt Rubber from Tire's screeching" can still be smelled.

Thank you Fragrantica for creating such a classy space to learn, listen, laud and be liberated.

a david
ps... and the bottle is a treasure in itself.

bdoughty82640
bdoughty82640

Back when I was 13 or so, I used to go down to a woodland area near my school to smoke cigarettes with my friends. It was the time in your life you try new things - anyway I hated it. The first time I put out the cigarette on my school tie (as I later discovered this burns a hole through it - don't do it), but the second time I wanted to distinguish if properly. I asked my friends, they said 'wait till you find clumps of brown, dry and dead leaves and put it out there'. 'Ok' I replied and did so.

You guessed it, the Forrest burnt down. As I stood there watching the devastation, I had three thoughts. The first was of overwhelming guilt, the second was thinking the area left from the Forrest would make some damn good council housing, the third was 'man, that Forrest fire smells good!' Anyone who deems arsonists as evil should rethink their views - how can someone that evil produce something that smells so heavenly?

Way to go Amouage, you have successfully bottled my guilt. This perfumer must be a former terrorist!! A scent for the evil and arsonists amongst us, I award this nine Samantha's out of ten.

smellyboy
smellyboy

Hate at first sniff...It's so,so strong and just too sweet,smoky and syrupy for me...I tried it a few times because I really wanted to like it but nope.....

fuggerone
fuggerone

love at first sniff, a burning blaze of smoky resins and frankincense, wonderful and long lasting drydown..if you like this you have to taste Arso by Profumum
for those who love the smell of napalm in the morning!

jasonx
jasonx

Memoir Man with a tribute to the tween gourmand section of Bath & Body Works

keshweannair
keshweannair

Interlude Man strikes me soon for the olfactory juxtapositions of diversely consistent and "oriented" spheres since a dark woody/oriental resinous basement is by soon counteracted by a weirdly fresh, hesperidic and mineral first approach. The overmentioned juxtaposition conjures me more than vaguely the wonderful Jacques Zolty by Jacques Zolty's structure. (I detect also many points in common with the interesting but probably less "fresh/warm" in perception Nemo by Cacharel because of the common interaction between fresh spices, pepper, lavender, patchouli, olibanum, herbal notes, leather and woods). The previous two scents (Amouage and Zolty I mean) are extremely close each other as sharing a huge number of notes (a musk/patchouli common backbone, a bunch of mineral secret elements, bergamot, oregano, mild spices, probably lavender, ambergris, woodsy resins, olibanum, sandalwood, suede end further). Probably Interlude Man smells more finally smokey and resinous being Zolty on the contrary more initially aromatic, floral (rosey) and mineral. The Interlude Man's beginning (following a really close to Zolty evolution process) starts with a really aromatic, musky, mineral and peppery (almost "Nu_besque" in the approach) "ambiental" accord (almost silent and holy in expression) embodied by an oregano/lavender/fresh bergamot/soft musk/cistus agreement. The note of oregano is heady and perfumed (really aromatic I mean), a dominant realistic element in the top of the structure. The cistus in particular provides an herbal and humid undertone throughout as it is supported by a dark and earthy patchouli stout presence. The note of olibanum (never too much churchy or sacramental) keeps soon contaminating the elements with its smokey aromatic mild exhalations (a dull, soft, progressive, harmonic burning perfumed incense treated with burning sweet spices and aromatic mild resins). By soon the mineral muskiness is turned out such a craggy, somewhat spongy, carnal, slightly fruity and herbal one by the costus/ambergris intervenction itself. The note of olibanum is averagely smokey/spicy and it melds perfectly its substance with the musky/ambery resinous basement providing such a resinous and mossy accord mastered by a main smokey/spicy temperament (a vague conjuration about the Piguet Casbah's incensey/spicy/resinous consistency). I still detect a musk/ambergris/myrrh main basement on which the mineral and aromatic patterns still jump and sparkle. There is a mild spiciness enriching the cloud which is basically in my opinion elicited by pepper (in particular) and cinnamon (may be coriander). I don't feel in particular a sheer final oudh apparition (since a sort of resinous woodsness is operating throughout) while is easily catchable a disclosing completing suede touch managing to soften the scretchy ambery muskiness while leading it towards a velvety/silky woody sphere. The sandalwood (but even the oud note) in particular emerges at distance averagely dry, barely fruity and never syrupy or overly resinous. Interlude Man possesses for sure an intricate structure in which each note performs greatly its individuality and owns its autonomy though in the meanwhile partaking to a complex harmonious olfactory game, that's plain. The creation is a modern oud/olibanum rendition in which the previous elements are such of baptised and deprived of their classic medicinal or overly liturgical characteristics. This fragrance is a solid composition with its dark spicy/incensey and musky appeal but is in the things to underline as its lack of uniqueness and the slightly synthetic final vibe surrounding the agarwood resins in particular turn it out unworthy of its abnormal € 195 for a 50 ml bottle. Great longevity and slightly more than discreet (but constantly lingering as a ghost) projection on my skin.

cammy139
cammy139

This is one of the weird unique Amouage fragrances along with Fate and Memoir. What you get from this is a strong smoky incense mixed with a sweet cloud of vanilla which I guess must come from the opoponax. I wouldn't purchase this or ware it as it is just a composition of vanilla and smoke and most people wound not be attracted to this fragrance although if you want to smell like no other and smell like chaos this is the fragrance for you if you want a fragrance that people would enjoy smelling this is not that.
Longevity= 10/10

the Fragrances of the strongest in the company's Long lasting
  With smell beautiful

stephan
stephan

Ihis one is hard to wear for me, but I love it on others. Excellent lasting power, very good sillage. It can give me headache when I wear it, but on others it is lovely. I've tested Arso, I think it similar but Interlude is rounder and stronger. I've just ordered a full bottle, I will use it sparingly to avoid headaches, just 2 sprays.

Aafridi
Aafridi

A very dark, rich and loud scent which I love. The best smoky perfume that I ever taste. I feel yself standing in the woods on fire. Its a perfume that suits a person having personality and confident. Its no way similar to Black Afgano.The Incense and Oud subdue all the other notes.
Bravo Amouage.
Rating: 10/10 in all categories.

casanova1974
casanova1974

I love it!!!! My 3rd favorite Amouage (first one is EPIC, second is Jubilation)

LanceDior
LanceDior

I can imagine Marilyn Manson wearing this. I wish I bloody could because its damn fine.

GMK
GMK

Very dark combination of Ambre and Oud mainly , Incense gives it a smoky touch, Absolutely not everyday fragrance especially in day time coz Oud alongwith sweetness of Ambre makes it dense and dark.

Interlude also reminds me a little of Black Afgano by Nasomatto,due to Oud i guess , otherwise its a way better fragrance than BA.

I really appreciate the blending of notes and quality of ingredients and like to smell it on others but personally i m not a fan of Oud/Ambre dominating fragrances.

RevADGriffin

I simply had to respond to the post by VanMarlton.

I agree, this fragrance is costly...but as someone who earns a modest 24,000 a year, I realize that with all things, value isn't measured solely in quantity but rather in quality. In this case just as in my humble number of footwear, they are in deed quality. As in my wife's jewelry; few but re-fined. So is my use and appreciation of fragrances. And these are selected not with being devoid of monetary costs but also in relation to my efforts to be a 'good steward' of all that I have been provided with as I journey these brief years.

I also believe the aspect of the pleasure one receives from such 'luxury' items must be taken into account. Was this more valuable than outrageous 'fad' accoutrements; I would like to think so. Are my single two perfumes worthy of my appreciation through my loyalty to their creators, I'd like to hope 'they' think so. I find that with nominal or better yet minimal pieces one may be more apt to truly appreciate the profound from the most-common found. And sir, this fragrance has become that for me. Not to imply your critique was ill-placed, for truly your point was provocative enough for me to respond,,, something I rarely do.

I simply had to provide a - shall we say, varied opinion. And before you say it, yes, 'opinion' indeed. Or perhaps it's my attempt to justify spending almost $300 on something some would consider irresponsible at the least or negligent at the most. But in the greater scheme of things...I'm worth it!

"grace unto you and peace be multiplied.

UPDT: @ ValMarten: You and other's as yourself is why I recommend this site to everyone I meet who appreciate fragrances. Thank you and I look forward to reading more of your posts. Actually I think I'll visit your past reviews and gain a better appreciation for your style and olfactory valuation. peace

Marciu
Marciu

This is by far the best oregano fragrance, one of the best smoky-spicy fragrances out there.

I truly love oregano and use it quite a lot when I'm cooking
I didn't expect it could be so beautifuly blended in a perfume! Here it mixes with woods and spices, and first of all with incense. I could feel a touch of dried fruits too - that might've been opponax. One whiff and you're hypnotyzed, no joke!

Longevity is 24 hours on,me, sillage is medium.

Exquisite!

zaetown
zaetown

Gotta get a full bottle of this stuff, I don't understand how so many can hate this interlude man. I can see if it were a young teen but a mature person should at least like it and appriciate its depth and sophistication and uniqueness as a fragrance. Performance is steller if you haven't heard by now and I wud be willing to trade several fragrances for this. I would wear this as my signiture scent. The changes are amazing and never gets boring to me.

MARFUOFFICIAL

My favorite perfume (version bottle year 2012) ..... now buy bottle september 2014 ......is different and is not my favorite perfume !!!!
I HATE the reformulations......

RevADGriffin

AS I sit anticipating the night as the sun submerges betwixt the leafless branches of the cool Georgia sky line, with visiting streaks of wisps clinging to the inevitable diminishment of light...I embrace the warmth and inviting charm of an old friend...Amouage.

The representation of its creator as an interlude, that space albeit liminal; is defined by this austere moment - between chaos and disorder.

For me as a minister I vividly recall that He said that He hides Himself 'in' darkness, that He cloaks Himself within chaos.

nibbles of small mountains set their intentions upon upholding the heavens, while the sublime aqua blue saffron-like sky surrenders its last few breaths...spices, woody bark, the snap of the high branches. This is couched in the fabric of a winter's eve. This is Amouage.

Floral notes hold senses, not wanting to yield their grasp. I am in that space, that liminal space, that interlud with my Creators' canvas. I am that Interlude Man.

Thank you Matthew of Parfums Raffy, for closing out my time here in Merietta, GA with an unforgettable experience. Here's to you!

Belvedere
Belvedere

I tried a sample of this after trying Memoir Man by the same house. First impression very sweet, smoky and ashy all at the same time, very complex. I found it ok but a little sweet but after dry down much more smoky like MM with some incense. I wasn't sure about it however it is very distinctive and lasts forever. When I asked for opinion everyone loved it. I would wear this in the evenings , dates etc very deep and sophisticated smell.

prodigy
prodigy

Straight up smoke/ash and some sweetness. It unique i will give it that but definitely not my favorite from this house. Yes its true longevity and sillage with this piece is bananas.

Carestinus
Carestinus

I've been trying this for a year and my nose begs me please not to torture it with it anymore. I definitely don't like this, it's too loud, the smells are chaotic, unconnected... You get this heady incense plus something overly sweet and I can't stop thinking I've just put a potpourri of those annoying scents that strive for a quick yet cheap effect such as 212 VIP or spicebomb. This is even thicker.

It is a scent for clubbing in case you want everyone else to feel diminished by the sweet cloud you wear. I think every guy should try this. In case you like it you'll have many hours of longevity and sillage. In my case, the furthest I can stay away from it, the happiest I feel.

PS: gorgeous bottle !

paramedic
paramedic

For the long-lasting definitely worth the money

williamvargas
williamvargas

an interesting scent, wearing this for the first time.i have had the 2 mil sample for awhile. it is different and I do see the artistry of the perfume but one of those that I really don't enjoy the scent yet.. did not get any feedback except, that is different. I do enjoy trying different fragrances and I will let this one linger for awhile to see if I will enjoy it more later. the incense note is ever present for me, it does smell similar to the catholic church I attended. the rites of a mass all the little nuances with the ceremonial lighting of incense, that is what I first got from it. I love many of amouage's scents. a definite quality house. I will leave it in the interesting category for now, something I am glad to say I have tried . maybe not the wisest choice for an office.( my bad ) even though I did go as light with it as possible, it was there..yes different. maybe like one of those highly regard works of art that I don't quite get yet, but maybe later on the light switch will go on.. I will be patient.. in my 4th hour...
but so far I believe it is one of those scents that the wearer would have to truly love this.

Cameraman
Cameraman

I've been a 'fume-head for only about 18 months and in that time have purchased about 50 fragrances in either full bottles or samples. In the beginning, I "one-sniffed" or blind-bought the designer basics in order to build a diverse collection for all seasons, moods and social occasions. Most of these purchases were a waste of money, but a few were certainly worth it. As I became more discerning in my interests, I began to focus on niche houses. These days, I no longer linger at the perfume counter at the well-known department stores. Smelling fragrances one after the other on a paper card tells you nothing about a well made scent.

Rather, I use Fragrantica as a resource and purchase samples from the well known online niche retailers. This way I can accurately judge the strengths and weaknesses of any given scent over several days. My latest tests involve the house of Amouage.

So far, I've enjoyed Fate, Epic, Jubilation and Interlude. Out of these four, the clear winner is Interlude. It is, by far, my favorite scent out of all I have ever worn, by any designer. It is complex, sophisticated and unlike anything I have ever experienced. It lasts a full 12 hours on my skin and every hour is a revalation. I'll be the first to admit that my nose is insufficiently honed to break down a sent to its basic notes. Most good scents have 3 distinct notes. Interlude seems to have several more. It is the gift that keeps on giving.

Is it worth $300? Considering that I would gladly trade 10 department store fragrances for one bottle of Interlude, I say “YES”.

Nickie
Nickie

The most evocative fragrance I've smelt in a very long time: churches with old, polished oak pews. I'm transported, instantly.

Well, no, there's the little trip around the berry bushes first, but then, 5 minutes later, we're settling down for mass.

With my dab-on tester, silage is moderate and longevity is pretty good at 6-7 hours. On me I reckon the spray would be a monster.

It's easier to wear as a unisex frag than, say, Memoir Man.

I may have to invest in a full bottle as the scene-setting effect is so powerful.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Really impressed at how well-put-together this juice is. I won't retread the notes, as others have done so ably. I can't decide whether or not I love it or dislike it (I do not hate it). It's quite distinctive. Decidedly Amouage-y, for sure, but very distinctive. I totally see the "love it or hate it" angle folks have taken on this stuff. The incense here is not the standard incense you get elsewheres. It's much more raw, which is very interesting. Gonna have to wear it a few more times to see what side the hammer comes down on.

UPDATE: Love it.

ЗояЪ
ЗояЪ

One of the most decent men's fragrance. Exceptional resistance, noble train. Very beautiful, very )))

rum
rum

England may now be a smoke-free land, but this fragrance by Amouage is an Interlude from normality. This is not your everyday designer fragrance or one that you will find everyone wearing on the bus.
Interlude (which graced us with its presence in 2012), primarily dominates with an opening of smoke along with a cleverly designed oregano note that is most unusual in modern perfumery (that's Amouage for you all over!). It's very carefully hidden, but you can be sure it's there!
But my favourite note in this extremely long lasting (and by that I mean 12 hours at least!) is the incense. This is no ordinary incense though. This is actually 'sweet incense' or 'sweet myrrh' which is commonly referred to as Opopanax. This is quite a contrasting combination with the earlier smoke that accompanies the opening of the scent, but it nonetheless works beautifully!
I have to agree with others that the bottle of this fragrance and the box are just sheer royalty. It's a thumbs up from me.

redboss
redboss

Well-dressed up Devil with a grin, which just burned several museums of ancient art should smell like this. 10/10

Ulsterman
Ulsterman

This fragrance is brash, strong, an insane performer and oneone of my absolute favorites. Green and herbaceous leading to deep smoke and leathery incense.

RevADGriffin

I received a sample of this a few weeks ago and was instantly provoked with a sense of warmth, adventure, brazen confidence and a deep desire to stand perfectly still.

The oud, amber, incense and smoke were filtered through a orchard of green apples. I can't wait to make another order. And just think, one day...I'll own a fb.

UPDATE: I received my 2nd set of samples for this along with two others and it took every bit of self control to give them "a chance" before indulging. I believe some of my 'addictive' personality may be creeping up on me... I love the dry down so much more as the day progresses. I believe by the evening (late evening) I'll be silently reading and remaining mesmerized by the floral notes of labdanum and patchouli - all encapsulated in a soft leathery woodsy fragrance...I believe.

UPDATE #2: I have to agree with the above contributor "Spectrum83": "My favorite phase is from 8 or 9 hours in, onwards, until the end." I too find the fragrance unwraps or unfolds into an extremely comforting atmosphere. Thank you!

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

the best perfume incense which i never crossed ..... amazing!
it emits smoke!! real smoke!

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

The tobacco is hookah, the (frank)incense dry and heady, the leather smooth as butter, the amber sublime and sweet. I love every note. Fabulous, just fabulous.

Edit: The longest lasting note on me is the oregano.

DaZeD
DaZeD

I can relate to what Lilimat said a few comments back, the opening and first 20 minutes are quite harsh, especially the incense notes dominate more than i'd like, but after the dry down it becomes addicting to keep sniffing, i look like a madman sniffing my wrist every 30 seconds.

People might think i have spasms.

The incense is still very dominant, but there's a subtle, very soft fresh undertone, i'm not good at describing notes, but i can definitely say it smells delicious, very balanced, strong, masculine, rich, elegant, refined, and just screams good taste.

When i met my wife the first time i quite disliked her, but then we fell in love and after 14 years we still have a strong bound and i couldn't think of a life without her.

I think my relationship with Interlude might be the same.

Wise-222
Wise-222

This fragrance of the myths that unbelievable thing of the imagination I did not expect that the waves will reach this stage of creativity
I did not like the fragrance in the beginning and i have ordered sample from boutique of amouage to try it and after a while I liked it and quickly turned this admiration to love.
perfumer , who blended this fragrance was in the process of creativity in the summit because this fragrance is very complex and unorthodox never However this has a degree of ambiguity fictional , the smell of the fragrance begins quiet until you feel the smell of ashes at the beginning of smoke and then turns into a monster ,leather , amber and incense attack you from everywhere without mercy, and you will regret if you put the fragrance more than four puffs on your clothes as the spread terrifying to the point that you will draw the attention of others and will surprise you even more when notes longevity benchtop expected dazzling even the form of a bottle of fragrance and color will suggest mystery and secrecy awaited discovery.

This fragrance is " thunderbolt " and this so-called creativity .

projection 10/10
longevity 10/10
smell 10/10

dbg92
dbg92

You are out camping. It rained several hours ago, and the slightest hint of petrichor lingers lightly in the air. Sunset was perhaps... Twenty minutes ago. The sky is a dark blue, but the horizon still has subtle shades of light, reds and pinks and oranges and purples. There are crickets chirping, but it is quiet otherwise. You're sitting in your chair, reveling in the moment, taking it in, absorbing every facet, allowing every sense to be engaged, watching smoke rise over campfires from across the way, red and orange pinpricks of light entire fires dancing in the night. The warm wind blows and their smoke gently wafts to where you are. It smells sweet, as if the fires beneath it were burning only the sweetest resins. Frankincense. Olibanum. Perfectly sweet. You inhale deeply and allow yourself to be taken over. It is beautiful. It is seductive. It is mesmerizing. It is intoxicating. It is Interlude.

Lilimat
Lilimat

It was a blind buy.
So, I opened the pack and tried two sprays at night.
Terror. Horror. I regreted my money then so badly.
I couldn't sleep. The smell was so intense. Such a strong smoky smell... and oregano...I felt like a greek olive. Actually the oregano came first, then the smoke. Then the bitter berry oil. I hated it.
But in the morning I loved it.
So, BE PATIENT.
Today, I tried again and I am still in love with it.
Well, it is a very strong smell, not for everybody and the opening is really awfully medicinal. But after 30 minutes it transforms in some delicious smell, so warm, leathery, smoky, balmy, a bit animalic.
It is really a beautiful perfume. I think it is quite masculine but still can be used by women who likes dry, strong smells.
I will give to my husband as I still prefer my Memoir for woman. But surely, I will share his bottle sometimes.
Delicious perfume!

Pinnacos

This carnal potion is the olfactory equivalent of Ligeti's The Devil's Staircase. LOVE it.

Markisdesade

This is the cologne that Chuck Norris wears !

nafi33
nafi33

To my nose this is a great spicy, smoky and also sweet fragrance. Although it's not similar with Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain, I seem to get the same vibe out of this. Mainly because of the amber and spices I guess.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

نادر ما نطلق على عطر ما انه فخم وعطرنا هذا هو احد العطور التي تجلت فيه الفاخمه بكل ما تعنية الكلمة

لم اجد عطر اجادة في تقديم رائحة البخور الفخمه مثل هذا العطر فبداية العطر بخورية ممزوجة بروائح الجلود التي هي سر فخامة هذا العطر بجانب اللابنديوم والعنبر التي هي روائح العنبر مع لمحات من رائحة الزعتر اللذبذ وقليلا من الفانيلا التي تبرز اكثر عندما ياخذ العطر وقته اكثر تواجد العود ليس بذلك الوضوح وبالتالي اذا كنت لا اتحب عطور العود فلا تقلق هناك العود فقط تواجدة هو كلمسة

عطر فخم بكل ما تعنية الكلمة مناسب جدا لوقت الشتاء غير مناسب لم يهوى لعطور الناعمة ولكن اعدوة تجربة هذه التحفة الرائعه من امواج

weevil
weevil

A very interesting fragrance that is nothing like as 'traditional' as the other Amouage that I have experienced... have they taken a new turn with this, or just decided to create something totally different.

As spectrum83 mentioned there is a oregano-type scent that *almost* puts me off at the outset. Personally, I'd need to time this one properly as once this has gone there remains a much more more attractive, yet heady, mix of leather, amber and (I guess) the bitter resinous opoponax (I don't have enough experience of opoponax to say for certain that's the third main note here). The leather has a slightly artificial note to it at first but it all starts to meld and soften after 30 to 40 minutes.

I can quite imagine that an overspraying of this would cause a headache! What I'm not getting at the moment is any definite incense... but that maybe because I use a couple of the CdG Incenses and Montale Full Incense on a fairly regular basis.

This is my second-favourite Amouage (after Epic), and is different enough to gain a slot in my 'rotation' of frags.

Would it be considered sacrilegious to add a little Montale Full Incense to this?

Explorador
Explorador

Funny but I read many reviews that mught aswell have been written by me...when i first smelled this, I didn't like it. The SA at my usual niche perfume store sprayed it on me and. I first thought "WTF???". But she gave me a couple of samples and ai kept coming back for more. I started finding myself reaching out to those samples. And now, one year later, I have just bought a bottle and I rind it irresistible.

hemp

I didn't like this when I first tried it a year ago, I thought it was too heavy. But I after trying out a few amouages I ended up buying a full bottle a few days ago. I'm still trying to work it out, it's anything but linear and changing all the time. It's sweet and smoky and makes me think of a volcano erupting, burning wood and vanilla. I love the bottle too, very classy!

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! I sprayed my Lucky Scent Amouage Interlude Man on the top of my left hand this morning around 7:30am. It's smelled like AdP Oud to me a little, with ash and smoke...Strong!! Now it's 2:35 it's still popping BUT it smells like fruit/something sweet. I gotta GET THIS!! Is this right???!!!

s11005593
s11005593

a very long lasting sweet fragrances that's very concentrated!!!!!

adrienn99
adrienn99

Quite entertaining to read through a couple of reviews... looks like it is another outcast that most people don't get to appreciate from the Amouage line. To be fair, the other outcast I 've had it for a while and Interlude man is on its way to me as well.
So how did it happen that I could not care for the rest of the line and what's our story together?
First of all, totally by accident. For some reason the sales assistant wanted to show this fume to me (in a niche perfumery shop)...I wasn't looking for anything in particular to be fair. So she sprayed, I was in awe and then I found out that it is marketed for men (I'm a lady!). Well, I know that these labels are not necessarily accurate and old-fashioned bla bla.
So about the fragrance... Looks like I got this odd chemistry ...is it the estrogen? :) On me this is very very sweet, almost gourmand... 80% of the frag is a combination of amber&benzoin&labdanum (good luck to anyone who can tell them apart in this) and there is subtle support by the rest. Not sure how this happened, all I know is that no-one would ever guess I was wearing a fragrance marketed for men.
So another outcast Amouage that gets ***** from me. Thanks for not wearing this guys, more to me ;)

O2
O2

★★★★★

عطر أمواج انترلود يغنيك عن الف عطر حيث يتميز بنقاء مكوناته ورائحته التاريخية
التي تأخذنا إلى قصر الحمراء في غرناطة خاصة بهو الأسود الفريد !!

مستوى الثبات والفوحان عالي ولافت ، وأجده من أفضل العطور الرسمية الدافئة .

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Interlude man is a chaotic mess. A lot of ingredients that crash together in a very unbalanced way. For me, this is the worst Amouage so far.

Can't even begin to describe this fragrance...needless to say there's a hell of a lot going on.
It has the most insane opening of any fragrance I've ever come across.
The most fragrant incense and spices evoke an middle eastern mysterious vibe.
It's quite simply amazing the most challenging thing I've ever smelled.
Genius perfumery and I don't say that lightly.
This thing is massive too! It has a lovely dry down which evolves for hours and hours but is not over powering, although I suspect it could be if you were a little careless with the trigger.
This is a great achievement by Amouage and Interlude totally deserves my gushing praise.

Spritzed a tiny bit on my arm over 18 hours ago and I can still smell it....unheard of longevity for me.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Oh where do I begin with this fragrance....
This is the epitome of why I will likely never purchase from the Amouage house. Their reliance on heavy handed incense is rather tragic, as I believe there is some true artistry hidden beneath the smoke. It opens with a rather interesting herbal and spicy accord (oregano, pimento berry oil, patchouli) which seemed initially promising. Unfortunately, after a 10-15min dry down period the scent becomes completely engulfed by leather and bitter agarwood smoke. The tag line for this cologne could not have been more befitting; "inspired by chaos and disorder".

If you enjoy incense and smokey fragrances, this may be a winner for you.
(72)

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Heavy, erotic, sexy, powerful, smoky, woody, unique and Arabian: all the things you expect from the house of Amouage! To quote Anthony Hopkins in the film 'Meet Joe Black', Interlude makes me feel like "...singing with rapture and dancing like a dervish." Like a fine yet strongly pungent Scotch whisky, Amouage's Interlude Man has the right amount of wood, sweetness, heaviness, smoothness and spice; and the unquestionable quality of it's blending and ingredients is evident from the nose. It has all the things I love in a fragrance, in the right proportion, composition and strength. The projection, sillage etc. are off the scale with this one... Longevity? 12-24 hours! One spray is enough so don't over-do it... Like an aged single malt, it should be savoured in small portions... And believe me, one spray to the chest is already a double measure, so keep it conservative, thats all I can say... When I wear this my wife cannot stop mentioning how sexy, luxurious and expensive it smells and interestingly she suggests it is the male counterpart to her Kenzo Jungle (Elephant) for women... I can totally appreciate where she is coming from on that with the balminess and the smoky vanilla... But Amouage is much more rich and dense. The royal blue bottle is perfectly luxe, simply stunning and the heavy golden cap make this a thing of presence, beauty and sheer pleasure; a rich, heady, sensual masterpiece, beautiful and complex, but a mature hand is required... Five Stars.

smpalmer85
smpalmer85

I got sent a sampler of this along with my Jubilation purchase. I really really like the Jubilation scent. I was optimistic here as well, but I absolutely detest this fragrance.

From sniffing the cap I was certain I would love the perfume. As soon as I sprayed it on each wrist though I regretted my decision.

The scent quickly lost any hint of dark citrus/herb notes and mutated into a cloying heavy aroma of burnt tar with a rather spicy kick. My best description would be if you melted a plastic ashtray with the remnants of a burnt cigar filled with frankinsense and mryrrh. I tried to wear it all day but after 8 hours I'm getting a headache. Oddly, after washing everything off twice it's actually powdery and warm similar to Jubilation. Not 100% offensive.

If you happen to like this scent the sillage and longevity are worlds beyond almost anything else you'll find. Use very very very sparingly until you are confident that you'll enjoy it.

Markisdesade

One spray = Holy Grail --- 3 sprays = Room clearing experience . Used properly this is simply the best ! The drydown is beyond amazing .

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Fantastic stuff..
Spicy, balmy, resiny, smoky, leathery. An olfactory dream came true. At least for me.

I had high hopes for Epic man. Well, it´s okay, but would not pay the price (270€/100ml). I had high hopes for Lyric man. But on my skin it´s way to feminine, to sweet, to much citrus stuff with no spicy, no woody, no dark notes noticeable, disappointing.
But Interlude is the stuff! It somehow reminds me of the Tribute cpo, except the absence of the rose. And its less smoky and dark than the cpo.

What notes do I smell?
At the beginning the most dominant notes to me are incense, leather and tobacco. Yes, tobacco, even though it´s not on the list. The strong smokiness calmes down unfolding a rich woody, balmy spiciness, with pepper, amber, agarwood and patchouli. I sometimes use pure opoponax in the insence burner, and to me it smells different to what the article tells: like a coniferous forest mixed with a bit ofsweet resin, not like myrrhe. I can´t detect the opoponax as I know it, but there are woody and resiny notes, perhaps that´s the opoponax in here. And I think I can detect something like mace or nutmegg, which as well as tobacco is not on the list.

A really nice fragrance and much more unique than I expected when I read the perfume´s profile here.

Edit:
On the paper strip it lasts for 1 week, and longer. I still can smell it though it lays one meter away from me. Longevity on skin is less of course, but still very very long lasting.

Edit2:
With the bottle I have I get a strong metallic note after application, that I haven´t had before (while I sampled it). It´s a bit unpleasant. It lasts quite long while I´m at home, but when I leave and get outside it fades away quite fast. Someone mentioned high batch variations with the perfume oils of this house, maybe it´s a problem with the alcohole based perfumes as well?
And I get a strong burnt caramel note, that is not listed (maybe part of the incense accord).

Edit3:
This metallic vibe must be something like the 'room chemistry', I only get it when I´m at home, in no other place.
When I sampled it, I experienced a long lasting perfume. But the one I have doesn´t last on my skin too long unfortunetaly. But it lasts on clothes and on my hair for days. On some of the first times I´ve worn it after buying a bottle, I detected a strange spicy and balmy smell on my pillow the next morning. As I haven´t smelled it on my skin when I went to bed it took me quite a while to realise it was Interlude. It disappeared on my skin, but when I applied it on both sides of my neck, a tiny bit must have gotten on my hair.. and then transfered onto the pillow.. and was still STRONG enough to smell it! If I walk by an old shirt I applied Interlude some DAYS before, I immediately want to put on this old unwashed shirt again, just to be wrapped in the beautiful drydown of this fragrance again.. If only my skin would hold this scent as good as my hair and clothes seem to do! ^^

velb95
velb95

EN. Don't hate me, please, but I think it's one of the best perfumes of Amouage (and I have a vast collection of Amouage, so...). Normally I avoid the fragrances that contain Patchouli, but this time it's really different. It's warm, deep and sweet. The sweetness remains for hours and it doesn't become that annoying synthetic note of wood as often happens with a lot of perfumes with Patchouli at the base of the olfactory pyramid. Instead of this after about an hour you can definitely feel the magical note of Cornus (Dogwood) fruit - sweet and rough, like wine, at the same time. Yes, it's a modern one (for sure not like "Gold man" or "Epic man" or "Liric man" of Amouage, so what? Who decided that everyone should love those?). But it's still a great niche perfume with Arabian deep roots with a modern soul. I'm certain, you should wear it for a while and then decide for yourself.

IT. Non odiatemi, vi prego, ma penso che sia uno dei migliori profumi di Amouage (sono in possesso di una vastissima collezione di Amouage, quindi...). Normalmente evito i profumi che contengono Patchouli, ma questa volta è davvero diverso. È un profumo caldo, profondo e dolce. La dolcezza rimane per ore e non diventa quel fastidiosa sintetica nota legnosa come spesso accade con un sacco di profumi con Patchouli alla base della piramide olfattiva. Invece qui dopo qualche ora si può chiaramente sentire una magica nota di frutto del Corniolo - dolce e agro, come un vino, nello stesso tempo. Sì, è un profumo moderno (di sicuro non come "Gold man" o "Epic man" o "Liric man" di Amouage, ma chi ha deciso che quelli piacciono a tutti?). È davvero un meraviglioso profumo di nicchia, con le profonde radici arabe, mescolandoli con un spirito moderno. Sono comunque sicuro in una cosa: dovreste indossarlo per un po' per poi decidere da soli.

aeg8193
aeg8193

Very strong incense and smoke at the top, but it has an underlying sweetness from the amber that keeps you from smelling like a campfire. from what ive experienced its one of those scents that smells different from a few feet away then it does up close. if you smell your arm you get a strong burning leather vibe, but from a distance you get less of that and more of the sweet amber which is why so many people around me enjoy it and why i get so many compliments

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

Simple 10/10 best Amouage for me amazingggggggggggg
please playboy stay away ! this is not for you, this is for a real man ;-)

ThatMakesScents

Sorry I need to change my review on this one. This stuff is just so gross. It's making me choke as I write this.

Cigarette Butts and Satanic incense on my skin and it's REALLY strong.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * *

Interlude opens with the most powerful incense and smoke note I've ever experienced. It is not so much like being "inside a church" (as with CdG Avignon) as it like being inside a censer. The smoke and frankincense invade your pores, your hair, your nostrils, and every corner of the room.

Fortunately, it doesn't last. The incense/smoke accord fades out over the next few hours, yielding to a beautiful honeyed labdanum, sandalwood, and leather-amber base, typical of the last few Amouage releases.

What separates Interlude from some other Amouage offerings, however, is its unrivaled longevity. It is almost like an attar! On my skin, even the most durable powerhouse fragrances fade after 5-6 hours. Not so with Interlude. 24 hours later, I can still smell it! True story: I once wore this on a visit to a water park with my 2 sons. I spent the entire day in over-chlorinated pools...and Interlude still lingered on my skin that night!

I have mixed feelings about Interlude. The opening is too harsh, too overpowering, almost a satirical take on Amouage. But the drydown...ah, the drydown. It is marvelous. More than enough to compensate.

Sillage: 5/5

kmisi
kmisi

This perfume have a a great smell!!
Keeps 24 h one me!
Dose anyone knows another most long lasting arabian perfume like this?

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

This is a radiant, deep, rich smokey spicey, warm and meaty parfum. It is my favorite Amouage non-attar. I don't notice Oregano at all, but the meaty-smoke is incredible. The negative is the price, but it truely is worth it.

Sillysimon
Sillysimon

Love this stuff. Can't wait to get a big bottle of it. My wife says its very sexy. I love huge scents that you can get away with in the heat. So this is a winner. Only complaint is it reminds me of working construction because it smells so strongly of pine sawdust.

kazewayz

When I smelled this I was transported to a forest somewhere with burning woods and lots of green. I got this woody, smoky, powdery, sweet scent that I had never ever smelled before. The incense/smokiness of this is extremely luxurious, pure and thic. It was just weird and rather unusual having smelled this for the first time. It also reminded me of a Botanical shop filled with herbs. There is a spicy note in there which gives it an uplifting kick to it. The only throw off in this is that it isn't very versatile (but I don't care.) It is a unique scent, different from many perfumes out there. Lonvegity is off the charts as well as projection... to me that is very important, I love loud scents. This is a masterpiece, one of my favorite scents of all time, I will for ever try to have this. It took me several wearings to fully appreciate it. Excellent night time use scent for maybe clubbing. When I put this on, I feel brave, bold and unique.Try it.

rzetzm
rzetzm

I have a deep respect for this brilliant cologne. Interlude Man by Amouage is a fantastic, in-your-face spice/incense MONSTER that grabs you by the neck and throws your face into it's scent full-throttle.

I received this awesome scent in a 7 pack vial sampler online as I don't have an Amouage retailer close to me. I was most entranced by this and Lyric. I eventually gave into Lyric as it's more wearable but this captivates me every time I wear it. Heck, no joke, a tiny drop of this thing and boom, you'd better be in it for the long haul! It's VERY strong. It even smells 'different' as if the incense used isn't something available in the USA.

I smell sweet, sweet resins. Almost almond-wedding cake smelling? Orgeat syrup to you baristas. Then I smell deep, woodsy incense, maybe a burnt bit somewhere but overall pleasing. Very exotic, woody spices in the background. Yes, upon handling this vial again my fingertips are coated in this sillage monster and it literally is dominating this corner of the room that I'm typing. Completely suffocates the Wall Street/Little Italy mix (it's hot today) that I had going.

I have Bond's Manhattan which I feel is pretty similar. Really, they're two different scents, but I'd choose them interchangeably in the same type of functions. I see this on cold, windy days and during the holidays.

What a treat.

octanemia
octanemia

I like it, but it cause dizziness seriously! maybe it is the insence.

blacklogic
blacklogic

Basically its Memoir Man with a cranked up Incense note and no mint. Come on Amouage...................

Zito87
Zito87

If you didn't like it at first 2 hours, wait...wait...wait just few minutes and, WOW! It's gorgeous, amber, incense and a little bit spicy base. Reminds me Ambre Sultan by Lutens, but with less spicy notes and more incense. Very good fragrance, it deserves at least 5 tests.

steve0580
steve0580

This reeks of an old, dusty attic with an odd "something smells sweet and sticky in the corner" odor.

I have a sample of this and have to say that it's absolutely horrid.

This stuff is like napalm. It sticks to you and tortures you and no matter what you do, you can't wash it off or scrape it off your body. The odor stays. Maybe I'll go get my sander out and see if that does the trick..

Even though I can't imagine ever wearing this, if you do, you'll have no problem with projection and longevity.

CDGfan
CDGfan

This is a complex and difficult scent to wear. For western noses this will definitely be a shocker for their olfactory profile. For me and anyone who has backpacked through Nepal, this will conjure up the exact smell you get, When Sadhus outside temples are smoking Hashish in their chillam mixed in with the sweet incense from the temple.

Ani1978
Ani1978

I got a blind swap of it without knowing what I'm going into, Didn't really know the scents of house of Amouage.The one I owned was Gold woman bought a few years ago I really loved one.
Then I got this decant and instantly fall in love with it .I was sold I was in heaven.I though chaos but in very pleasant way...Then the love story begin --this scent for me is unisex / very unique one--is both sexy and sofisticated /dark/ mystical and on the other side still safe and give you the feeling of well being --comfort.
I love how the notes all plays together--how well balanced they are.
Its an absolutely amazing masterpiece I adore
If you think this on is too much -give it a second /third chance its really deserves-learn the notes / they are composed to perfection.
I don't have much to say of the woman version its does not tell me anything...

Roge'
Roge'

If this is your first time purchasing Amouage, you might be totally caught off guard with how the Interlude bottle sits inside the groove of the box. The box opens from the bottom leaving you very vulnerable to a potential disaster.

Interlude Man is relatively new and already has a cult following and rightfully so. This stuff is out of this world!! Not only does this smell great but the quality will change your perception on what expensive fragrances should smell like(or maybe it's just me). I would go in depth of how it smells but the positive reviews below pretty much sums up my opinion. 2 thumbs up!

Updating.
15 hours late animalic presence can be felt surrounded by vanilla ashes.What a surprise!Love is in the air.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This one is very good, opening with blast of green notes which not really my fave...but drydown is the thing I like most! It is warm, sexy...and gives me comfort, bravo!

باختصار

روی کاغذ تست کرده بودم بعد از یکماه همچنان کاملا بوی آن به مشام می رسید
یکی از عطرهایی که خیلی دوست داشتنی و کلاسیک و مردانه می باشد
همانند تمام عطرها قبل از خرید رایحه آنرا حتما تست نمایید
با تشکر

very nice and good parfume

E.mail: [email protected]
Kik: mehrdad_gallery
facebook: گالری عطر مهرداد

cezarmac

I wonder myself how could a man is able to do something strictly whisperer,maybe with hard work together love and total dedication or just some finest raw material associated lucky?Whatever...
Well I got sample of course I'm not crazy to pay 275 for a bottle of perfume before try it out,let me tell you that worth every penny though.
Balmy,amber,fresh spicy,smoky,leather and animalic,excepted for the last one is what I've got from Interlude or should I change my concept of animalic?
Quickly bergamot smell open up beautiful and pleasant for almost all noses and to be honest it last enough to not be bored Voilá magic time comes out with a blend of fire,fuel,smoke,spices,earth notes and Boooommmm... olfactory bomb and you are trying out to discover each single peace of shrapnels.After the dusty settles down everything makes sense as you can see burned trees and oils dropping from peppers berries,resins spilling from distant dark trees.Awee the nature had mercy on this time later from explosion it starts to rain and smoke slowly fade away now resins are ready to delivery a balmy and fresh spicy smell while wet earth and distant odor carried by wind blow a green smell from distant trees and plantations giving out life on that scenario of destruction.
I know why it is called Interlude makes sense at all,my will is to buy a bottle and it made me rapid put them on my top fragrances and for sure will keep on the top for a long long time exactly as the longevity.
I don't know who is Pierre Negrin but thank you for your masterpiece.

fkollmeier

This is one of the more approachable fragrances in the Amouage line. Despite being less unusual than other offerings such as Gold or the Attars, Interlude is by no means ordinary. The usual Amouage quality is overwhelming. Silage and Longevity are to die for. Interlude starts with a slightly sweet and definitely yummy accord of oregano and bergamot on frankincense, oppoponax and Oud. Later the initial accord develops into a heavenly smoky affair. Amber and the oppoponax help the perfume to maintain a hint of sweetness throughout.

Kochy7058
Kochy7058

Very potent. Be careful of getting a strong wiff of it at the opening. It'll give you the feeling you get when you get a wiff of someone opening a can of chewing tobacco. Not a fan at all of the opening, but it redeems itself in the drydown...
Interlude is solid on longevity and projection, but can be harsh to the majority of people in the opening so I'd spray this right out of the shower and let it wear a little...
Office scent? Only if in a management position, nothing less...
Date scent worthy? eh, id say no just for the fact it comes off harsh at first wiff. if your on a first date it is a definite HELL NO...
Age? If you purchase this without looking at your online checking account for sufficient funds first, you're old enough...
Type of personality? You need to be confident and have others respect. Or else this cologne just makes you look like a guy who is just trying to get a quick testosterone boost infront of his coworkers....

Who probably wears this? Gordon Gecko...

Last words: Theres better from the line of Amouage, but there are a select group of people that can and should be wearing this. Over 30, in a position of power, and married is the type of guy who should be wearing this.

vertoxrealms222
vertoxrealms222

Omgsh one if my favourites
I love this
There is a a sort of sweetness Uhm woody accord that reminds me of an old organ
I used to have in my schools old music studio
The smell of old wood, rich, uh and the leather and rasberry gives that little hit of Tuscan leather in the beginning
And frankincense damn

axton44
axton44

It is a beautiful, complex fragrance, however it is incredibly offensive to most people. It is too bizarre for the masses.
When i sampled interlude, it reminded me of the first time i smelled angel men. It was very strange, almost off putting at first, but the longer it dried down, the better it became. As a matter of fact, I think interlude could be considered a niche version of angel men.
Unfortunately it is a different story when it is sprayed out of a bottle. It dried down to a very harsh, herbal mess mixed with body odor and I literally had to convince myself that it smelled "good."
The final straw was when I had a friend over to my place. He sniffed the air a couple times and gave a repulsed look. "Something smells like fucking ass." I blamed it on my dog farting, and excused myself to the bathroom and scrubbed it off. I sold the bottle 3 days later.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

Complex, rich, exotic, long lasting, pleasing, leather, oud, etc. Just love it. I place this fragrance just behind Attar Tribute, my signature, and in front Epic Man among the Amouage fragrances that I have or tried.

deadidol
deadidol

As others have said, it's a very complex yet toned down incense. It's much smoother than, say, the CDG incenses -- there's nothing biting or sharp about it. Yet for all its complexity, the notes are pretty clear. I like most of them, but there's something in the spices that's throwing me off -- which I guess must be oregano; it feels a little out of place to me. With that said, it's very nice; extremely long lasting; and I'll wear this again for sure.

chweintr

Smelling this is like smoking strawberry tobacco through a hookah -- thick, and rich and passage-filling. It seems to expand inside as one breathes. It smolders.

Really interesting ... Lasts and lasts. If you like incense, this is one of the most distinctive, and certainly worth getting your hands on...

For me, incense calls to mind rituals and sweaty cab rides... college dorm rooms - not a promising series of associations if you like your fragrances to make you feel adventurous or interesting or sexy.

So, in spite of its uniqueness, Interlude Man is not for me..

lee.wok
lee.wok

Love as first sniff. Nobody does incense like Amouage. It's calming like the smell of incense burning in a Buddhist temple. I want a bottle of this!!

oliver1h
oliver1h

I melt like the polar ice caps when I smell this...Just simply fantastic...Very smoky smell. Evokes a dark mood in me. My nose is not sophisticated enough to write a detailed review about the notes etc. but I can tell I love this.

acgrass
acgrass

It would be so very lovely, but that oregano cooking spice not ruins it for me.

No vorrei sembrare dissacrante ma di Interlude Man la cosa che più mi ha colpito è la bottiglia (quella sia un'opera d'arte). La fragranza infatti finisce per somigliare troppo ad altri prodotti della Maison: nel mio caso specifico io posseggo Memoir Man e non comprerei mai Interlude in quanto mi sembrerebbe di avere un doppione (intendiamoci, qualche piccola differenza c'è). Considerata la produzione precedente, ritengo che Amouage non abbia creato un profumo originale: sì, non c'era bisogno di Interlude....

AZ
AZ

First time I smelled it I loved it. But now I feel it very strong smokey orient smell. As for sillage and longtivity it stays pretty long time and thks perfume will make itself heard. If you want softer perfume with similar smell try it more expensive brother opium 2 or 5 dont remeber it got all the right stuff of the reflection but more expensive. I thought this perfume for me but right now I more into softer smell perfumes. Warning: dont over spray it is pretty heavy and not everyone could stand the smell

ThatMakesScents

Reminds me very much of the Montale Ouds. Oud lover's will really enjoy this fragrance. Eastern inspired with a beautiful european accent to balance it out.

If you've tried Dior Leather Oud then this will put you right back into that category.

I really like this one. I haven't had it on my wrist for long but I can tell it's a "stinker" in a good way. Great sillage and my gut tells me great longevity as well.

It is expensive.

thomasrainy
thomasrainy

The basic note is almost similar to afgano's note. I don't know what makes is, but it is beautiful. Interlude is much more complex and special than nasomatto...

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Amouage is my favorite house, together with Guerlain, they are at the top of perfumery.
Interlude managed to become my number 2 passing Dia Pour Homme , why? It simply, this fragrance does not follow the patterns of notes, at least in my nose. But Fabio has opoponax, you do not like! Yes, if it were not camouflaged by the touch of my favorite Amouage, and fragrance of all time, the herbal incensed accord that has in Memoir Man. I feel it during all phases, I think it's a mixture of oregano with incense. Joins it a touch sweet amber, almost gourmand and agar wood and leather finishing to the base? No, he does not finish, it is cyclic and complex, a twister olfactory.

spirit966
spirit966

I give this a thumbs up for quality but a neutral for personal preference. Mind you, I still might end up buying this though.
Interlude actually ticks all the boxes for quality, longevity and projection. Unfortunately 2 things comes to mind for me
1) it's an oriental, but isn't arabesque like Jubilation or Epic, it feels a little bit like a western take on an oriental
2) the sweetness of the fragrance overlaps with other vanillic fragrances I already have. If I own "x" now I may buy Interlude, but only when I finish x. Then again, price may be a mitigating factor.

In all honesty though this fragrance as a bit of everything, the greeness of Memoir, the incense, the myrrh which makes it unique, the vanillic sweetness, a hint of turkish delight accord and some leather and oud in the end. It fills a gap between Jubilation because its less opulent, a gap between Epic because it is less animalic despite having a similar base, fills the gap between Memoir because of the greeness in the opening.
Some will like this, others may find it lacking a bit of edge from an Amouage.

Interlude Man drives me crazy. There are some aspects that I completely dig and others that I really can't get past.

You're at a concert. The hall is packed with people waiting for the band to go on stage. Everybody talk to their friends and the overall result is the messy, cacophonic sound of thousand of people speaking at once but saying different things. You can't discern what they're talking about but you can clearly hear female voices mixed with male voices, someone is laughing hard, someone is screaming with excitement, others are calmly commenting the facts of the last few days. Everyone says something but you don't understand a thing, you just grab a bunch of words here and there but they make no sense at all. Well, this is how the Interlude Man opening acts on my olfactive sense. I pick hints of the spicy-oudy accord of Epic Man paired to a sweetish, almost gourmandic vibe and mixed with culinary herbs. A sparkling bergamot note serves as a slightly strident juxtaposition to the overall dark vibe but everything is so cacophonic to result somewhat messy and confusing.

The lights on the stage start to play funny patterns announcing the imminent start of the show. The general hubbub clams down and people focus their attention to the stage where the band's members are grabbing their instruments. The show begins, the crowd goes wild. This is the best part of the fragrance where a dark green earthy-herbal accord distantly reminescent of Memoir Man, is paired to the balmy quality of opoponax. Just magnificent. Moderately sweet, deep, dark and extremely addictive.

The show goes on and the band start to play a bunch of new tracks from their latest, partially successfull, album. Exaltation leave space to a bit of disappointment. You expected to hear more of the older classics but the band is now focused on promoting their news style which you're not very fond of. This is when Interlude Man introduces its drydown which is sweet, ambery, smoky and woody. Something we've already experienced in Opus IV, V and VI and something that seems to have become the new Amouage hallmark.

Downline: The show was somewhat good and at times funny, the band is technically perfect, some of their greatest songs still rock but, what seems to have become their new path is not completely convincing and feels a bit uninspired. Worthy the full price ticket? No, at least not to me. I'll check their next live shows on youtube first.

Note: The show lasted a good 11 hours (quite a perfomrace for a band) and the sound projection was awesome!

Rating: 6.5-7/10

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

Interlude smells exactly the way I interpreted Jubilation XXV would smell from various reviews that compelled me to make a blind purchase. It's smoky and dark. A beautiful composition and another feather in the cap of the phenomenally talented perfumers commissioned by Amouage. I am fast becoming a huge appreciator of Pierre Negrin's artistry. To call this and Chantecaile's Kalamantan exquisite are incredibly huge understatements.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This is absolutely wonderful it exudes masculinity with its deep dark richness with just the right touch of smokiness. This couldn't be anymore perfect of a winter scent has a real nice warmth to it. On first spray to my nose I immediately get the pepper && oregano which hangs around only for a moment then as it dries down && starts to develop you really get that earthy quality from the Oud && patchouli && intriguing smokiness from the frankincense. It's just a masterpiece && strangely it really smelled super familiar to me, but nothing I got from any other scent. It reminded me of my moms one candle from Bath & Body works called "Fireside" if anyone has ever smelled that you'll know what I'm talking about, if not go try that to see my comparison very similar. No you won't smell like a candle it just has the same woody smokiness as this does. This really something special && shines far over the woman's version which isn't so terrible just not as wow to me. Longevity is beyond amazing && Sillage is absolutely perfect. deff. worth a try with this one! :)

Overall: 10/10

Kain
Kain

This is by far,one of the best fragrances released by Amouage. this is a masterpiece guys.
The opening is very dark and smoky leather and incense scents mixed with herbal oregano note and very warm and sweet amber as a back bone of the fragrance.
Believe me or not, the smoky oregano, smell like a burned opium to my nose!
No guys I'm not a junkie! but I know how a burned opium smell like and the opening smell really close to that.
There are some spicy notes trying to show their faces but other notes are too strong and pushing spicy notes to the background.
Now in the mid, the herbal oregano settle down and now the army of spicy notes are attacking!
The smoky leather and strong spicy notes riding side by side! sometimes spicy notes taking the lead and sometimes smoky notes. the spicy note is more pepper and give the mid a very warm and peppery aroma. the sweet amber exist but it's just watching the fight.
You can smell strong woods as well and it's just a few steps behind those wild and angry leaders.
In the base you have a sweet and dark woody smoky scent with beautiful cinnamon aroma mixing with other notes.
Very complex and great scent. I love it.
Now I'm sure you want to know about projection and longevity right?!
Just one word .... nuclear! very strong projection and longevity. no problem at all.
يه عطر بي نظير و شاهكار ديگه از آمواژ
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي تلخ و دودي چرم هست كه در كنار رايحه گياه پونه كوهي بويي شبيه به ترياك سوخته رو براي شما تداعي ميكنن
رايحه گرم و شيريني هم كه تركيب بوي خاص و عجيب همراهي ميكنه كه عمق بيشتري به بوي عطر ميده
كمي هم رايحه هاي تند و فلفلي ميشه حس كرد اما قدرت كافي ندارن در حال حاضر كه خودي نشون بدن! البته فعلا
در رايحه مياني رايحه هاي فلفلي و تند با نيروي كمكي برميگردن و شروع ميكنن به حمله كردن
رايحه هاي دودي و فلفلي هر دو قوي و مقتدرانه دارن در كنار هم ميتازن و رايحه هاي ديگه فقط نظاره گر اين جنگ و دعوا هستن
البته بوي قوي چوب هم ميشه حس كرد كه با فاصله كمي پشت سر اين دو تا رايحه داره مياد
بوي فلفل در رايحه مياني يه حس خيلي تند و فلفلي و گرم به عطر ميده

در رايحه پايه شما يه بوي شيرين و دودي با بوي چوب دارين كه تركيب اون با بوي دارچين بوي بسيار خوبي رو ارائه ميده
پخش بو و ماندگاري اين عطر بسيار بسيار زياده

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Tested it today @ Selfridges and love it!
Opens quite spicy aromatic and peppery, like a "tamed" version of EPIC.
The Bergamot note makes it softer, sweeter and therefore warmer than the former.

As it develops the warm wooden notes take over and it starts reminding me of MEMOIR but it is not as heavy, yet it is not as light and linear as HONOUR.
It becomes increasingly creamy, balmy and IMO vanilla-esque.

I must say I like this a lot and I think this will be very successful as it bridges the gap between the rather heavy (and for many perhaps too sweet and cloying) JUBILATION (still my favourite though) and the 'pungent' and 'wooden' EPIC and MEMOIR.

Great fragrance! Very romantic and somehow I think of "Melancholy in a bottle!" That midnight-blue with the gold is just very "Jule Verne".

AMOUAGE: I LOVE YOU! ♥

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

Warm, thick, creamy incense. That is mostly what is here. There is a bit of oregano that balances that out and gives it a bit of a salty/savory/smoky note, but unlike some here, I definitely don't get pizza topping from that. For me, the melding of incense, oud, and amber balance out the oregano. I don't get much bergamot at all, even on the opening. All in all, a winner from Amouage. Not too opulent or weird for normal casual wear, but not too pedestrian for formal wear. Very versatile, I'd say. As always with Amouage, screams high quality materials.

Great sillage, lasts all day. Sprayed it on this morning, and at 10pm still smelling it.

nada
nada

love incense, hate vanilla - too sweet, bur it has edge...

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

On first application I'm picking up a slight bergamont and a overwhelming pungent smell of oregana.

This oregana smell's like a cross between a earthy warm kitchen spice and a pot plant. What's worse is that a dose of pepper has been added to give it a harsh edge.

Now lets call it a "kitchen spice accord" which I find very overwhelming and cloying. After a while it gets sweeter and a incense note starts to appear from the heart of the composition.

As time moves forward I can pick up leather with the incense note becoming more dominant.Though that earthy peppery "kitchen spice accord" is still there (no getting away from it.lol).

The fragrance is smoky and spicy in a balmy way which is starting to become more sweeter.

As we move into the basenotes I'm smelling a smoky incense with a slight sweet amber mixed in with the "kitchen spice accord" which has mellowed at this stage.

IN CONCLUSION

I'm not really liking this as the "kitchen spice accord" really overwhelms everthing else. And it smells like something that should be on a pizza or put into a curry. And its something I do not want to smell like.

If I was to sum up the frag it would be this:

" A earthy peppery kitchen spice and incense fragrance that is joined by amber to sweeten the harshness".

9-na
9-na

A hint of tobacco? Yes, please. And very male, very woody, oudy and the rest of it, down to strong yet gentle musk. I like it.

m-hani

حرف نداره
با احترام

marioslg3
marioslg3

I just smelled this on a paper....AMAZING!!!! I see that it reminds someow Baudelaire from Byredo but is sweeter.

Wayne
Wayne

Beautiful! This to me is Memoir with it's strong smoky leathery smells merging with Epic and it's oud, amber, spicy tones. Most of the Amouage range for me seems to be best used in the winter at night, with this one the Bergamot gives it that citrus zing associated with a lot of summer perfumes. As with all the Amouage products the quality of ingredients and longevity is excellent. "Use sparingly".

midos
midos

I tested it today and I really like it so much.It is the bro of Memoir with little different! this is more sandalwood and spicy! memoir more greeny(leafy) ! but I can't say which one is better : amouage has two eyes : one Memoir and the other: interlude! can u imagine that?
Both classy & chic
sillage & longivity: what are u talking about?!! : AMOUAGE !! (all the day and tomorrow)for both!! lol.

ekoeko
ekoeko

Absolutely amazing scent, i'd dare to say, unisex - maybe because i like fragrance "with body" :) Strong at first sniff, but opens up beautifully and softly on the skin. Love love love.

fkollmeier

Although Oud is not listed in the fragrance notes i sense a very pungent and sappy oud note here along with incense and labdanum. this combination makes the juice very manly and reminiscent of the oriental attars. Lovely bottle!!!!
for me 7/10

yacoco
yacoco

waw oudy - Incense - smooky anyway remind me of montale perfume and armani rose and oud type
not good for everyday use
but lovely