Designers » A » Chypre Floral « Groups

Interlude Woman Amouage for women
dislike

smoky
herbal
Interlude Woman Amouage for women Pictures Interlude Woman Amouage for women Pictures Interlude Woman Amouage for women Pictures Interlude Woman Amouage for women Pictures

Amouage presents a new pair of fragrances by the name of Interlude. Interlude Woman and Interlude Man are said to evoke an air of disorder while maintaining a sense of balance and tranquility through the inventive use of incense and myrrh.

Christopher Chong said: “I interpret what I see and feel into scents. All the social and natural chaos and disorder surrounding us today can be translated to a much more intimate level. The interlude moment is a reflection of all the trials and tribulations one overcomes to attain personal satisfaction and achievement.” He also explained the use of ingredients: “Amouage has established an enviable reputation for re-inventing accustomed scents. Frankincense and Myrrh traditionally smell spiritual and religious but in Interlude, they have been reconstructed to feel contemporary yet sophisticated.”

Interlude Woman is a floral chypre fragrance that reveals an interlude moment of unity and serenity. The sweetness of bergamot and bitterness of grapefruit in the top notes (together with ginger and tagete) create turbulent tensions while rose, frankincense, jasmine, orange blossom, helichrysum, opoponax and sandalwood in the intricate heart are masqueraded with an unconventional combination of nut, coffee, kiwi, honey and agarwood. An opulent base of sumptuous vanilla, benzoin, amber, sandalwood, oakmoss, leather, tonka and musk inject warmth to the fragrance’s contradicting accords. Perfumer: Karine Vinchon Spehner.

Amouage’s signature glass crystal bottles are colored in a rich and mesmerizing midnight blue hue with gold plated decorations, accentuated with a sapphire blue Swarovski crystal. The outer packaging is designed in vibrant colors that show orderly chaos in abstract and conceptual representation.

The fragrances are available as 50 ml and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Interlude Woman was launched in 2012.

Bergamot Ginger Grapefruit Marigold

Incense Rose Orange Blossom Jasmine Walnut Coffee Kiwi Sandalwood Honey Immortelle Opoponax

Vanilla Leather Oakmoss Amber Benzoin Tonka Bean Musk Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood

Nebula 1

Interlude Woman Fragrance Reviews

MetalMan
MetalMan

I finally get a moment to enjoy myself tonight after working ridiculous shifts and cramming in homework through it all - it's pizza night! It's also a rainy day, so I decided to go with a slightly different and newer love and it's a gender-bender - Amouage Interlude Woman!

I personally find this a touch more femenine than masculine as my skin accentuates the fruit and flora of the fume, but I am not one to shy away from something floral anymore, especially when it is beautiful! The opening is like a grand finale of fireworks - there is so much going on that it feels impossible to take all of it in! To the person who said this opens as an average fruity floral - you should probably make sure you have a reputable supplier or get your nose checked cuz this is magic! I can pick out a big and juicy kiwi note (it smells true to life and its tenacity is illogical) drenched in a delicious immortelle syrup with a dusting of ground coffee and nuts with just a hint of sandalwood. This phase rotates through these notes for a good hour on my skin before transitioning to an airy oakmoss and immortelle combo that is nicely accented by the walnut/coffee note and a creamy musk and sandalwood lingering about. There is a bit of bitterness that weaves itself in and out of perception and this fume, at a distance, smells quite like a rich and exotic cup of coffee. Many hours later, all that remains is a quiet and beautiful honeyed wood and musk - this is a fantastic fume and we'll worth the money as it is far more intricate than it appears. May you all enjoy the it the breaks you get and find something to indulge in!

Day 27 - Reprieve
Listening to: Massive Attack - Everywhen

Tam
Tam

I have no reference point for this perfume - none whatsoever. At the time of leaving this review I see that the 'this perfume reminds me of..' box is blank as well. I don't claim to be an experienced nose but fruit/smoke/church is the best I can inadequately come up with. It is wonderful. A must to try out if nothing else for its uniqueness.

Vanian
Vanian

Just decided to leave a short note as I already described my feelings about this perfume in one of the forums here.
In the first moment when I put this scent on my skin I knew that I can wear it, if and only I am sitting in my leather sofa at home, reading 'The Arabian nights: Tales of 1001 nights', listening to 'Rimsky-Korsakov:Sheherazade', drinking Turkish coffee, and just following A fairy tale... A bit emotional, a bit sad, however, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful......

chove
chove

To name a perfume of such power and self-evident presence Interlude Woman seems somewhat odd, this composition is an obvious star turn. It's indeed difficult to grasp how this chaotic and tumultuous fragrance works so amazingly well. For me personally, it provides an experience of rest in the eye of the storm; sheltered but with full access to the world and its limitless impressions, interpretations and combinations.

The shattering top notes are short lived and I'm almost immediately hurled into the incredibly messy, disturbing, yet utterly captivating heart. Floral notes of jasmine and rose are surprisingly distinct in this context and cooperate in a unique manner with the boozy coffee – an accord that flows in splendid isolation only to sometimes turn and blend with the rest of the composition. In this uncompromising development there's a plenitude of coincidences that, while of course not being haphazard at all, are perfectly balanced. An overload of sweet treats against rough walnuts, smoke and sandalwood may sound overwhelming but it's quite the opposite – this perfume gets me going so much that my mouth starts to foam and the knees starts to shake (it also makes me prone to exaggerations).

The drydown is amazing; now's when the sweetness has some space all to itself. But the impression is more airy than packed. The full, aromatic honey is paired with something borderline rancid. It's like the honey went sour from sun exposure (I am aware that honey doesn't get sour). Probably it's the effect of the oudh. Interlude Woman is really a totally unique composition and it doesn't lend itself to comparison. But still, I think such varying fragrances as 1697 and Iranzol both hold qualities that represent different aspects of this bewitching perfume. If only Amouage could skip the female and male designations on their products, they can just rename them one and two or whatever. Rarely have gender determinations felt so superfluous and reducing as in the wondrous Amouage Directory, in particular when the approximate five-year period during the end of the 00's and early 10's is concerned.

gelo999
gelo999

Woman Interlude is a very powerful and strange aroma.

It lasts and super powerful wake.

Its uniqueness lies in the combination of fresh, light and fruity as a potent starting kiwi mixed with a honeyed siempreviva, combining it all with a strong contrast of dark and smoky notes as wood and a strong aura of incense that envelops everything, but without ever resemble incense Comme des Garcons, but as an amalgam of different notes in true eighties retro style.

Interlude gets to be complex, opulent, charismatic and chaotic.

With this fragrance I can think of what their male counterpart entry I find challenging and misplaced to become both a fabulous leather drying, preferring the male version of this.

My congratulations to Mr. Chong for their originality and for making us enjoy both Amouage.

Rating: 7.5

DMS162002
DMS162002

Melons and leather. Unbelievable but this is what Interlude smells like to me on initial spray. I bought this and Lyric as my first Amouage perfumes and at first I thought, "goodness, this can't be it," but the more I wore it, the more the fragrance started to bloom into this weird but wonderful juicy spicy woody scent. Somehow it works. I have never gone back to a bottle so many times in just a week. I've fallen in love with this and will likely be checking out more from Amouage.

lilalina
lilalina

For some reason this smells very 90's to me.. Fruity and smoky. Very long lasting, as go with all Amouage's

swade
swade

I love Interlude for men and women. I don't get the jolly rancher, kiwi, coffee references. All I get is a fantastic mix of incense, smoke, wood, and maybe some spices. The men's version is quite smoky and distinctive and lasts forever. I think it's a smokier version of Tauer's L'air du Desert Marocain. Interlude for women also lasts a long time - I'm comparing Epic to Interlude right now and Epic is nice but has all but disappeared while the Interlude is going strong with just a little bit on my collar. Someday I'll get a bottle of this and just wallow in it every day.

Update: Just ordered a bottle on ebay!!! I LOOOOOVEEE Interlude! Life is better when it smells good. :D

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I had to wait for the drydown to decide if I liked it or not. To begin with I got a distinct melon note and then the pepper and oud. It's a dark brooding scent and I usually gravitate to these, but this one leaves me non plussed. Yes, I kind of like it, but certainly wouldn't spring for a full bottle.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

This is definitely a high class scent.
The base notes are all detectable and intertwined and delicious. especially the woman's variant..Very interesting...I love it!
سمپل ارجینال این کار موجوده..طالبین پیام خصوصی بدهد

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I'm absolutely hooked on this one! Dark, smouldering, smoky, incense rich, mysterious perfume which is insanely beautiful. Even more beautiful than Lyric, this is a woody masterpiece which starts like a burning fire and changes into a herbal Chinese medicine store to then morph into a sweet garden of flowers.
This house is going to be my absolute downfall! Stunningly, breathtakingly divine perfume!

archivist
archivist

Interlude is difficult to describe in a tangible way because it is somehow both monolithic (that kiwi watermelon Jolly Rancher a previous reviewer mentions is bang on, and while Amouage immortelle is the absolute BEST, it is way sweeter in Interlude than it is in Beloved, where it is used with a lighter hand) and highly changeable.

The incense benefits from this. Most incense perfumes get so bitter and smoky that they're hard to choke down. The round, thick sweetness of the kiwi and immortelle tamp down the acrid nature of the powerful incense and what remains is rich and complex but doesn't singe your nose hairs like Avignon and Sahara Noir does.

At the same time, the radical juxtaposition is the olfactory equivalent of cognitive dissonance. The fruit was bright and sweet and the incense was dark and heavy and it was like my nose was being pulled apart by two horses running in opposite directions: flat-out drawn and quartered.

Or like two things you like to eat, but wouldn't want to eat *together* - like vanilla ice cream topped with really flavorful steak sauce. Ew, no.

But when Interlude hushes down bit, the metaphor does too. Then it's more like two things you like but wouldn't want to eat *together*... Which actually turn out to be delicious as a combination, although you were super not into the concept at first.

The first time I was served a super high-quality vanilla ice-cream drizzled with a dark green olive oil and then sprinkled with Maldon salt, I was like "oh man, no me gusta. Do not want."

But you're at a dinner party, and you're not five, so you eat it. And damn if that isn't just about the most delicious way to eat ice cream in the history of ever. I wanted to lick the bowl, but again: at a dinner party, and not five. Highly recommend trying it, btw.

So I enjoyed Interlude for being a wearable, really lickable incense. That's a first. And of course... The longevity is fantastic.

30 minutes after application, it's doing that Amouage thing in which it's now almost a completely different scent. I love that thing. The immortelle caught up to the incense and sweetened it to the extent that it now smells almost exactly like Nag Champa incense and herbs and I don't know whatall. Like one of those ultra-spendy New Age bookstores in Sedona with the couture crystal alien-communication jewelry.

About an hour in, it's predominantly immortelle, sweet brown sugar, and how immortelle goes kind of osmanthusy sometimes, bread + apricot. Tasty. A lot sweeter than I usually wear. I'd probably reapply at this point to get back the incense.

Amouages are the Everlasting Gobstoppers of the perfume world; you get very different perfumes at each stage in the drydown, and the half-life of this particular radioactive neon green Vegas cathedral is about eight hours on me. I could still smell it, though barely, the next day.

That's pretty amazing for me, because I have scent-eating skin.

LNelly
LNelly

The first time I tried this (sample spray), I thought "Oh NO NO NO NO NO". Coffee? Incense? Kiwi? (which to me smells a bit like watermelon Jolly Rancher) Honey? Maple syrup? All mixed together? Who is this frag trying to be?? What is it trying to say?? But I have found myself reaching for that sample spray again and again. I am discovering I am a total sucker for immortelle and I really love the immortelle in this, but sometimes that Jolly Rancher kiwi note overstays its welcome. This is my first exposure to Amouage and won't be my last.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Interlude. Remember the Powerhouse 80's scents that include about 100 notes? This is much the same. But Mid-Eastern in flavor, and I do mean Flavor.

The first half-hour or so are mind-boggling. Kiwi fruit, coffee, loads of immortelle (a favorite note of mine) with a honey bee coated with honey sitting atop. Dark smokey incense floats above all. Heavy blankets of yummy goodness.

After a while, Interlude takes an interlude of sorts. It brings out a subtle ginger and a nice nutmeg. The smoke clears just a bit... maybe it's more smoldering at this point. It reminds me of really well-made Baklava, with a little cup of Turkish coffee.

Interlude is a stunner. Good sillage, amazing longevity. All this from a sample vial. So... I just pulled the trigger for a FB. Can't wait to try it sprayed!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Absolutely
Stunning,
Smoky
Aura.

Incense, leather, and wood are the most prominent to my nose. I do wonder if it's Kiwi lending a somewhat brighter air to this composition than is usually felt with such heavy main notes... In some ways, this brightness is the only aspect of the masterpiece that I dislike, giving a more high pitched vibe to an otherwise deep beauty.

Thanks to the amazing presence of Immortelle, Interlude is likely to be either loved or hated. Immortelle also brings to mind the scent-bomb, Dev#2, from Olympic Orchid Perfumery. I am wearing both at the moment, and find Dev#2 considerably stronger, DARKER, and less feminine in nature. But they could easily be cousins, both featuring large amounts of Immortelle and Incense.

Whereas Interlude is essentially a pretty fragrance for such a smoky wonder, Dev#2 has no qualms about possibly offending anyone. One wee drop and your entire world goes up in smoky, Immortelle infused, flames! Truly a one of a kind experience, and not for the faint of heart. :D

Interlude Rating = Five star quality and unique beauty.

Please, those of you who adore Immortelle should err on the side of danger and sample Dev#2 as well. You will have a memorable experience, I promise!

ta111
ta111

Вяленый чернослив сладость и дымка ладана...Люблю но зимой по снежку шлейф и стойкость отменные. Очень похож на Японскую сливу Тома Форда.

myra83
myra83

all amouage line is my favorite.. interlude feel so luxarious smell.. im so lucky that i purchase tester version from my friend working in amouage boutique in k.l. as we know all the luxarious brand markup price too high almost 70% from factory price.. i save $$ 60% from real market price. cost me only $90usd for all amouage line only opus library collection a bit pricey about $130usd.

AveParfum

I took a chance and purchased a bottle of Interlude, and it paid off. I seem to have received an older bottle that is plenty strong, and so I can now describe it. It is perhaps one of the strangest perfumes I have ever encountered, not because it contains unusual or controversial notes (like bodily fluids, barnyard fecal notes, etc., etc.), but because the dominant note in the perfume is kiwi. And it smells like real kiwi. I am used to strong fruit like that in Brittany Spears perfumes, but Amouage?

I can't even say that the kiwi "works" with the perfume. It seems rather out of place, considering the other luscious notes, and yet it must make up 50% of the perfume. The other notes I get are coffee, cream, something nutty, amber maple syrup, and a haunting base of dark wood & incense. I absolutely love it, especially about 8 hours into wearing it, despite the fact that each time I wear it I am surprised by the tenacity of the fruity kiwi. Amouage perfumes always make me think of India. Interlude is like the Indian jungle.

dfirefly
dfirefly

Ah, Interlude. Very confounding scent. Ginger is dominant and you are left guessing what else you are smelling. A very individual perfume, but not alluring.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Wow! Kudos to Amouage for packing so much originality and unpredictability into my tiny sample vial.
First off, what is this doing in a bottle labelled "Woman"? It's truly unisex though arguably more masculine than anything.
Then there's the scent itself, kiwi, incense and immortale in that order. What a crazy combo and yet it really works.
Imagine opening a dusty old spice cupboard, empty except for one perfectly ripened kiwi. Into this cupboard you place a lit stick of incense. Then you take out the kiwi. Eventually the incense burns down and the smell of the kiwi fades away. Later the last traces of incense fade and there's just the smell of the cupboard itself (this is what the immortelle smells like to me), dry, dusty and with the faintest memory of the spices it once contained. Eventually this fades away too and you're left with only the memory.
Fantastic!

alberto1964
alberto1964

For women? I would say unisex. Kiwi predominant but leather notes very intense and not too sweet. Unfortunately, the sillage is not high. Pleasant and at times surprising but not a masterpiece.

AveParfum

This must have been badly reformulated. I have to assume this because my sample (from a completely reputable place) smells like nothing but fruit and is barely detectable after 20-30 minutes. There is no incense, oud, coffee (which is not listed on Amouage's website anyway), nor any other sort of depth. I took a shower, and it came right off and left no trace. I don't even feel right about reviewing it as I don't think I have the version that others are commenting on. Mostly this is just a warning. If you are considering buying this, a reformulation likely took place. I am sorry I may never get to try the real thing, as I have fallen hard for Amouage.

scented2014
scented2014

quite potent and sweet. kiwi and incense are really leading notes (to my nose). 2 very light sprays is perfect otherwise it turns too heady and destroys the beauty of the scent.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

This felt like my type of parfume right away. For me, it opens on skin with coriander, cinnamon, honey, amber, green forest, warm spices, vanilla, pines... What an unusual mixture of scents! I really did feel like taking a moment - an Interlude - to take in and process all of these wonderful smells. I have applied the rest of the tester everywhere and after about 15 minutes my body smelled like a holiday kitchen. Wow! And then, after about an hour, we were back to the fragrance that was sophisticated yet free and dreamy. Bravo Amouage! And I am not saying this lightly, as I have not really liked any of the Amouages so far, except Memoir. Placing Interlude for Women on my " to have" list.

farang
farang

One of my favourites from Amouage. Interlude Man is too much - it is loud and unfocused. Interlude Woman however, is much more balanced and better put together.

It opens with a blast of bitter-green-woody notes and soon develops into a heart of dusty-sweet-spicy immortelle. I am always sceptical of immortelle since it is a powerful and dominant note, but in this case it seems to be under control.

The fragrance is long lasting and completely unisex - I cannot detect anything feminine about it. And since it better balanced and composed that the Interlude Man - I'll go for it.

golinka
golinka

First, when I put it on, it was so intense I had to step back from the place I sprayed it on... Smoke, bbq, smoke and wood tar, as well as buckweed honey - honey- honey- BAM!!!- dates!!! In a minute my nose started to burn, in 15 min I got a tingling sensation in my throat ( not a good sign), and general discomfort. This is 3rd Amouage sample, and so far a very different and unpleasant one! An hour later I still try to climb out of the scent in the house, but it's very strong! Very complex, very Amouage, but sadly I guess allergic :( 5/10
Have a sample from Amouage with box, full 3 ml if someone interested

fuggerone
fuggerone

totally digging this gem, so faraway from the male version but great for male wearing also..this is unisex with a leather note in the background..for the Kinky Gentleman

CLevol
CLevol

As a true Immortelle lover I smell directly a very strong Immortelle in this perfume, can perhaps also smelled like lovage. The Immortelle tie all the loose scents together into one masterpiece.

I smell a sweet dried fruit / dates, I smell the Eastern Oud, a sweet rose (not a Bulgarian rose but more a rose like in "la fille de Berlin."), mmm i smell some tonka beans, a very little fresh fruitscent and offcourse i smell some honey in it!

Whatever i try..,I can not smell incense, which makes this perfume perhaps such a masterpiece and so Unique; because it smells so wonderful to everyone else!

Oh, and thanks heaven i don't smell the oily-background note wich i smell in Montale and Al Rehab perfumes.

allbookerka
allbookerka

This is definitely a high class scent.
At the start it was too intense for me, but as it developed I really liked it. It is warm and enveloping. And it has so many notes that I can't even name it all, it is a very sophisticated rich scent. You can sense leather, incense, immortelle, honey, a little bit of coffee and when the scent develops I start noticing walnut, sandalwood and subtle hint of ginger. I can't smell any kiwi or fruity notes in it..

When I sprayed it on paper the scent was different from what it appeared to be on the skin, therefore please try it on your skin and give it a moment to develop.

It is also extremely long lasting, over 12 hours on my skin and even in the morning next day I can still smell the hint of it on my wrist.
Overall it is a nice oriental scent, not exactly my type but still... I liked it :)

emily7
emily7

Immortelle-centric, unisex and atypically experimental and vivacious for Amouage.
The beauty of the composition is apparent only in very warm, dry weather.
Introductory kiwi is surprising, fresh and sweet, very realistic and swiftly disappears in favour of an oriental-woody opulence of notes; among some more expected (incense, oud, rose) and some least expected notes (kiwi, coffee), I can clearly smell some not listed notes as celery and cedar, as well. Surprises never end.
The drydown is Mediterranean-smelling to the same extent as it is Arabic-smelling; a precious wooden chest containing the finest, golden immortelle dust.

As I am both immortelle and Amouage fan and the summer is here, I am enjoying it immensely. No surprise.

lalaps
lalaps

Ack! This burns my nose! I think I might be allergic to something in it. It smells really smokey (incensey) to me. And, seriously, my nose is burning. Something's rotten in Denmark, y'all.. Off to scrub.

Obv, this sample is available for trade.

misslawbore
misslawbore

Incense and immortelle dominate and IMO they don't mix well together. It's expensive and it's in a lovely blue bottle, and incense perfumes are fashionable, but that doesn't make it a great perfume.

Update: the incense has faded and it smells much nicer now. Perhaps I was a bit harsh. It's just not for me that's all

Lill Kaja
Lill Kaja

Exciting and quite messy. A lot going on at once with this fragrance.
The Bergamot, coffe, amber, oud and incense is very prodruding at first, the drydown is sweet (honey), mossy and woody. Very intriguing. Quite unisex?

The flowery notes are not very protruding. This is for me more of an oriental woody scent.

Good longevity and sillage.

Absolutely NOT something you should buy without trying it on skin first.

muzzbait
muzzbait

love this! wonderful wonderful wonderful! amouage's 'for women' perfumes are so much nicer than the 'for men' ones. the kiwi mixing with the incense is amazing! smoky, tangy and sweet. 10/10 for me, looking for a full-bottle methinks...

kai.laidla
kai.laidla

Tried it today and I'm crazy in love!

I know it sounds as a totally weird comparison, but it really reminds me of sparklers on New Year's Eve!

Very exciting fragrance.
It lasts on my skin for a long time and it gets better and better and better. It's like drug - you need to smell it again and again and again.

My nose sniffs lots of leather, incense, vanilla, tonka bean, agarwood and ginger. But this is all what I feel on my skin. I think it will be a bit different depending who is wearing it.

This fragrance is very intriguing. I feel I just need to buy it! And then go out on friday evening wearing green velvet dress and spray it all over myself. It smells like something's burning. And isn't that hot????!!!

Sexy sexy scent for a sexy sophisticated nose. :)

danieq
danieq

Rich, warm, comforting, intoxicating. Like being wrapped in the softest furs......in the nude. This one feels raw and sensuous and oh so beautiful. I can't identify a single note because the blend is so smooth.

This fragrance opens on me like typical fruity floral fragrance. Nice, but simple for its price.

kfleumer
kfleumer

Sadly there's so much immortelle going on here I can't appreciate the composition. I did very much enjoy the playful kiwi note in the opening, the fragrance seemed even quite promising then, so different and surprising. But from that point onwards the immortelle pushes itself to the forefront, for hours. I wished I smelled some proper smokiness, incense, nuttiness, leather, but no. IM-MOR-TEL-LE.

estherica
estherica

Love it!!! A surprising love by first sniff and it grows still stronger... Usually I prefer all natural scents, but this is just too good.
I can't understand the people that call it, "a mess", for me it's just everything in one perfume, fresh and warm at the same time, herbal-flowery, resinous and gourmand deliciousness. And in the dry-down it becomes a wonderful Sandalwood scent. I want to smell it all the time, still give it a rest some days, to not get over-used to it. Ok, there's the price-tag, but as it makes me feel happy, when I smell it, it's definitely worth it. I received already many compliments on it and the longevity and sillage is outstanding. One day someone gave me a ride in a car, and on the way back, one hour later in the same car, I noticed my perfume still lingering slightly in that car. My signature scent.

benzippo
benzippo

Just got my bottle after a six month wait before it hits the shores at this part of the world.

First impression? Choatic, messy, loud, busy but very very unique in a very very awesome way.

Definitely not meant for the conventional and faint hearted.

This seems to be one of my costliest purchase besides the Limited Edition Nina Ricci L'air Du Temps Lalique Crystal Parfum Extract which is more for keepsake purpose...

The quality materials used and one of a kind fragrance composition made this purchase worth every single cent as it has all the virtues I looked for in a perfume.

Originality, Sillage and Longevity.

Loved It!!!

Next target: Amouage Gold!!!

lLaura
lLaura

I wore this today and its a very unique blend of incense with some kiwi&honey. That does makes it an interesting fragrance... It does have a strong projection and a moderate - long longevity.

I do think is have to match your skin and you got to feel for yourself if you're comfortable with the projection around you. It does give the same feel of projection and depthness as Molinard Habanita. Its very good blended but as well very deep and rich in smell.

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

I read through many of the reviews here, and can't help but think they are reviewing INTERLUDE MAN, which after a green open, gets very smokey. INTERLUDE WOMAN opens with a sweet ginger, honey, and floral, almost a cedar-type smell. The Immortelle smells maple/sweet with a straw-smell. Dry-down warmer, sweeter. Take some of these reviews with a grain of salt...there IS an Interlude MAN also.

Sandra2
Sandra2

One of my favorite Amouage fragrances is Memoir. The way i experienced Interlude is as someone put Memoir on fire and the smoke that came out is this perfume. As someone already said: smoke, a lot of smoke, but to me not the unpleasant one.
Smoked Memoir :)

cancerman82
cancerman82

. I love it sooo much if anyone want amouage perfume in a good price just send me only250$ this is my number will contact on whatsapp 00966566637871

mylancome

It doesn't smell chypre floral to me, it smells more like woody oriental. A lot of woody notes. Interlude is like an Oman version of Guerlain Vol De Nuit. Though not 100% alike, it has the Amouage touch.

andyray
andyray

Mmm... This is delicious, gorgeous and, as“DoraRoxx”, “cryptic” and “Coconut” have remarked in their wonderful reviews below, perhaps “Interlude, Woman” unintentionally exemplifies this magnificent house’s most suitable unisex creation.

I confess from the outset that there’s something appealingly odd about this perfume that I thoroughly enjoy though appreciate fully that others might dislike intensely.

Stylistically, “Interlude, Woman” is a ‘modern’ perfume of sorts in contrast to the classical Platonic ideals found in Amouage’s [women’s] creations: “Dia”, “Gold” and “Ubar”, and puts me in mind of a triangulation of sorts in which the extroverted, love-hate, chemically, fruity-lactonic-chypre theme of “Gucci Rush” meets the leather theme within (the underrated) “Cuir Amethyst” by Armani Prive, together with a tiny splash of Le Labo’s extraordinarily smoky, BBQ-plus-weird-leather chord that dominates their intoxicating “Patchouli 24”.

I personally prefer to this new perfume to their excellent though rather blocky, “Tom Fordish” ‘masculine’, “Interlude, Man”, as on my jolly old male skin, “Interlude, Woman” behaves as a ‘proper’ perfume that without effort unveils and projects its inner qualities gently, warmly, and modestly. That is, once one has got over the initial aldehydic, acetone blast that, as many have remarked, can be off-putting to the point of possible repugnance.

Indeed, to appreciate the grandeur of “Interlude, Woman”, one has to stand back from the opening fierce salvo as if igniting the propane burner in preparation to launch a large hot air balloon. Once airborne and from a distance, however, there appears to the perceiver a certain tranquility in which near-imperceptible powers of flight sustain the balloon in its apparent relative state of inactivity throughout the day.

At this point of development the perfume rather floats as if gazing at the balloon's rotund body poised above the gathering early evening haze towards the close of a perfect, delectably warm, early September day in the South of England's ‘Weald’: the low angle of the sun’s golden rays almost occluding the occasional burst of shimmering fire that intermittently breathes a gravity-defying sigh of life in to the wingless giant.

Housed in an exquisitely colourful avant-garde painted box, and stunning blue bottle, “Interlude Woman” is a triumph, though please try first and be patient!

8-10

Cereza
Cereza

Imagine a rich lady entering the building. She has a fur coat, leather boots, perhaps a fancy hat. She removes the coat and you see that she wears a velvet dress and is covered with gold and emerald jewelry. She has blood red lips and she is dozed with perfume. You can see that she owns loads of money, but you can't seem to stop to think that she looks ridiculous as she attempts to show every fancy piece of clothing and jewelry she has.

So the same for my nose is with "Interlude woman". Yes it is nice, yes it smells expensive and unique and very rich, the silage is all over the place and longevity is worth every penny the perfume costs. But it is simply too much. Even though each and every note is blended together perfectly as one would expect, it does turn to a huge mess. A huge sweet/smoky mess of best ingredients with leads me to think that this is not good at all. Well at least not for me.

I know there will be many who will love this, so do try, but don't expect a blast with so many notes - this is very complex and might be too much for most.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I love Amouage for it's complexity and quality and I'll gladly pay an arm and leg price for their perfumes if my finances allowed it. Interlude does not fail to disappoint in terms of both complexity and quality. It's very Amouage, kind of like how Guerlain scents have that particular Guerlain feel to them, same with Amouage. It's a very busy composition and I will forgo relisting the notes except to say that the leather (and I generally abhor heavy leather couch type fragrances personally) is strong in this one but nicely done. Besides the leather, I get immortelle and woody notes,some sweetness to throw relief into the heavy mixture, the typical Amouage incense note and hmm, prunes? It's the same prune note that I pick up from Memoir Women. All in all, wonderfully complicated and FB worthy for me. I would not recommend this as a blind buy though unless you are really into heavy smoky scents. Sillage- my nurses smelt rather than saw me walking into the clinic ( I only sprayed 3 times on my clothes) and longevity is very good, but that has never been a problem for me with Amouage.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

A great scent. The rose is reminiscent of the black rose in Noir de Noir. I smell honey, sandalwood, frankincense. Next I get definite nuts, coffee, and agarwood. Very complex and beautiful. The base notes are all detectable and intertwined and delicious. The leather is perfect...vanilla, benzoin, tonka, etc...just warm, sweet, and gorgeous. IMHO, an even darker, sweeter, earthy, more boozy interpretation of TF's Noir de Noir. Very interesting...I love it!

ciskela
ciskela

I love and own few of Amouage's creations. Every time I wear them I'm smitten by their complexity and quality.Reading reviews on Interlude woman, I knew this is the one I'd have to try on. Naz from The Perfume Shoppe is the person I see when I feel discussing and trying new stuff. She wasn't too excited about woman's version but adored men's. I sampled both and must say I was amazed by Interlude woman. It started rich and green then mellowed into a soft caramel infused creamy coffee mix with abstract flowers.I hardly got any smokiness from this one. On the other hand men's started as a blast of smoke and took it some time to calm down. I ended up buying a travel size, but I can sense FB splurge in the near future. Simply amazing.Lasted forever on me.LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kterhark
Kterhark

Sometimes a scent comes along that can be summed up with three letters, and Interlude is one of them.

wtf.

I really don't know what the point was of this discordant mess. Its a mix of moldy basement, overly ripe cheese and bad air freshener. I tolerated it for all but five minutes. Is there a sliver lining in the dry down? You tell me. I can only hope that the number of bottles produced was limited.

mylancome

Nancy: Yup, there's no problem with your tester, it just smells that way.

Nancy Lynn
Nancy Lynn

Can someome who sniffed this help me out here becasue I think I may have received a bad sample of this. ALL I am getting on my skin is smoke, perhaps this is the agarwood(oud) though this is the most unpleasant representation of that note I have experienced, and I get honey. That's it. I could nearly vomit from this smell of deep choking smoke. I get no Kiwi as so many above have. No floral. No chypre, which happens to be my favorite type of scent. Just heavy choking smoke.

It is reminding me of being in a dance club way back in the day when everyone smoked in clubs and then the smoke machine would come on too with it's sweet heavy smoke combined. This is yuck!

I will try requesting a different sample, but for now, just horrible!

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Wow revisited this today and it's still a NO GO! Wow big no!

leel
leel

I want to sell this fragrance 50ml Use% 1
Almost new

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

I got a big sample and it makes me wanna sniff more on more on my wrist. Sprayed it all over and was shocked by the complex and intense chemistry of INTERLUDE.

WOOOOW! What is this!? I dunno what I get but I think it is oriental Flowers,Wood,Plum,Kiwi and Coffe Caramel. Smells quite intense over hours.

I am in the mood buying it as i felt so cosy with that lovely projection and sillage. For me it is unisex and I dont know any other Scent that is close to this formula. Just well made Composition.
Dont expect this scent to change a lot on your skin ... it stays fruity and creamy on me and didnt changed a lot.
High quality I say! Worth the price? Maybe.

Will update my review soon.

By now total 8/10

9-na
9-na

This scent feels like I'm walking, and the walk takes place in a garden. Soily, leafy, flowery... Nice! And for some odd reason I know that there are sword lilies, right where I can reach them.

Wise-222
Wise-222

I AM SURE THAT THIS PERFUME WILL HIT ALL OF THE
WOMEN NICHE PERFUMES SOO COMPLECATED ,VERY COMPLEX
EXTREMELY SWEETY,BELEIVE ME YOU WILL NOTES THAT THERE IS SOMTHING ATTRACT YOU TO SNIFF IT AGAIN AND AGAIN
IT'S LIKE SWEET NIGHT COVERING BY BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC OUD.
GLAMOUR,RICH,CHARM AND FANTASY, BELEIVE OR NOT
I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT AMOUAGE WILL REACH THIS HIGH LEVEL NOTES BUT,AFTER I TRIED AND BOUGHT MOST OF THEIR FRAGRANCES I CAN SAY THEY CAN DO SOMTHING NO ONE DID IT BEFORE.

mylancome

Oud, oud, and more oud. A common favorite among Middle Asians. Smell of when you walk pass by Arabian style aroma shops.

Oud, aka agarwood incense is consider the greatest incense offer (most expensive material for incense making) among Chinese Buddhist society, specially in Taiwan.

Update: I feel this perfume is more on the woods category instead of Chypre. Amouage is for people who appreciates exortic perfumes, not for rookies.

cryptic
cryptic

The advance rave reviews of Interlude Woman prompted me to haunt the decant sites until it appeared, and I immediately ordered a good-sized sample. That sample arrived on a ridiculously hot day. Normally, I would have avoided testing a heavier fragrance in extreme heat, but in this case I couldn't wait and stupidly sprayed myself with abandon.

My initial reaction was that Interlude was horrific. Out of that huge pyramid of notes the only one that emerged with any distinction was immortelle, a note I loathe. If you've ever lived in a US college dormitory, you're probably familiar with Roach Motels. They are cardboard traps that are coated on the inside with a mixture of maple syrup (to attract the "tenants") and pesticide. This gruesome smell was what Interlude evoked for me. I was tempted to toss the sample but fortunately I didn't.

Once the weather cooled a bit, I decided to give Interlude another shot, and I'm so glad I did. The dreaded immortelle retreated to the background and all the loveliness immediately emerged. I don't know that I've ever encountered a walnut note before in perfume, but it is delicious, especially in conjunction with the strong coffee aroma that permeates the heart of Interlude. I should tell you that this is not at all a fruity fragrance, despite the presence of grapefruit and kiwi, so don't let that scare you away from trying it. What I found Interlude to be was a warm, woody, tonka-infused perfume with just a suggestion of rose and incense. Men could wear it just as easily as women, but I do think that it will end up being a fall/winter frag for me if I ever decide to spring for that gorgeous blue bottle.

lisa.vokorina
lisa.vokorina

The above ingredient list is true! I also detect myrrh, though it is not listed. Interlude has a most complex composition and I guess it can smell like anything depending on yor body chemistry.

It starts with strong tagetes smell, than I get kiwi, honey, coffee, walnuts and prunes.

The drydown is woody, sweet and creamy.

Thanks to tagetes, it reminds me of Burberry Woman. However, Interlude is much, much better (naturally).

Projection: 5/10
Originality: 10/10
Composition: 10/10

Coconut
Coconut

Giving this a full wear this morning, 2 spritzes on each wrist. It is a soft, and has a mellow gingery zing to it. Unlike many other creation from the house, Interlude woman is more subdued. Once it dries down, and could easily detect the mossy note and this perfume can probably qualify as unisex scent.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Unbelievably excited for both of these, especially the woman's variant as it is done by Karine Vinchon who is probably my favorite perfumer alive right now (she did Memoir Man, Opus III, and also Batucada, Jatamansi, and Coeur de Vetiver Sacre for L'Artisan).

The notes list on this is massive but appears to be cohesive, and should reflect most of the colors on the packaging quite well. I love that she almost always uses some animalic notes in the composition, too.

If anyone gets an early sniff of this, please report ASAP!

Interlude Woman by Amouage 3.81 out of 5 based on 366 ratings and 63 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Amouage Interlude Woman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Amouage Interlude Woman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Interlude Woman by Amouage. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Interlude Woman by Amouage represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.