Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Jubilation for Women Amouage for women
dislike

smoky
yellow floral
Jubilation for Women Amouage for women Pictures Jubilation for Women Amouage for women Pictures Jubilation for Women Amouage for women Pictures

Jubilation for Women by Amouage is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Jubilation for Women was launched in 2008. Top notes are ylang-ylang, rose, tarragon and lemon; middle notes are labdanum, rose, artemisia and incense; base notes are amber, patchouli, musk, vetiver and myrrh.

Ylang-Ylang Rose Tarragon Lemon

Diorella
Aromatics Elixir

Jubilation for Women Fragrance Reviews

Jamiljames

This is one of many scents I can smell in my mind when I am not wearing it. My love for this scent has grown in time.
My reason for loving this is because I love ylang-ylang. What I love is how soft it comes through in this fragrance. Often ylang ylang has an oversweet smell which can be slightly sickly. It goes so well in this scent because of the soft, powdery nature of the more musky notes. Beautiful

TessiiDob
TessiiDob

Mmmmmmmmm – this is lovely isn’t it? It’s quite tangy and lemony on me at first, then after an hour, it softens as the rose and musk start to come out. It’s a fresh, clean, flowery green scent but it’s definitely not a lightweight, not by any means. I have a couple of other “green” scents in my stable, and I was trying to think of the right way to describe this one, and nothing quite fit. I asked my husband to have a sniff of this, and he said, straight away “That’s a serious perfume – I like it”. And he’s right. Serious, and seriously good. It’s lush and rich and incredibly elegant. I asked him what he got from it, without showing him what the notes were, and he said straight up “citrus, musk, something sharp and green and something else I know but can’t think of the name”. When I showed him the notes, he realized that the one he couldn’t name was ylang ylang, which he really likes. After around three hours, the incense and amber started to show, still with that nice tang of green, all of which leaves a lovely trail. Twelve hours on and it’s still going – softer and closer to the skin, but very, very beautiful. Thanks to purecaramel for the generous sample ☺

Delila
Delila

This screams quality. However, the incensey undertones and strong (but very high quality) woodsy-animalic-skanky notes just will never sit well with me.

So I appreciate its qualities very much, and at some level of my being I really do like it, but as a feminine 40-something I could never wear it.

Rather, I think it would be a perfect statement fragrance for an aristocratic or extroverted lady in her late 60s who wears big jewellery. That's the image it conjures up for me.

Fluffyandpuffy

It is very high quality for what it is. Reminds me of aromatics elixir. Not crazy bout that one either

Fluffyandpuffy

Smells too old fashioned for my taste.

Jamiljames

This perfume was shown to me in Dublin by Parfumarija. I was so impressed by the softness of the florals in this. Its such an amazingly strong but soft perfume. There are no sharp citruses and has the ability to project so well but not knock you out with its strength. To me it's similar to Amouage Gold Man but without the animalistic smell. I am a major fan of ylang ylang in perfume and always enjoy wearing this masterpiece

juji
juji

I've had a little sample of this for quite some time and really didn't bother it too much..., I almost wish I'd have left it alone because now I'm in love!!! This, is what I thought Mitsouko was going to be but is not. Not my decant of if , anyway.... Jubilation is just so Royal and simply divine. I love it. Period.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

I purchased this in the solid form to give that a try. It makes the fragrance more subdued, remaining close to the skin, and may tone down the brightness of the opening notes, but it certainly delivers in the depth of the scent. Jubilation reminds me of the Perfumer's Reserve version of Aromatics Elixir. It is warm, wraps you like a cashmere sweater, but has the purr of a cat waiting for it's chance to seduce you.

mrs.hart
mrs.hart

***
quite in the same way that amouage gold resembles a chanel no.5 curry, jubilation makes me think of a mitsouko curry - and even more curry-like than the former. although beautiful and multi-layered, jubilation has too much of a foody note in the drydown that reminds of the oriental cuisine. it's a bit like wearing mitsouko at the indian restaurant.

the trouble (and also advantage) with amouage is that their perfumes are so incredibly complex and rich and have so many ingredients that some of them cease to have a clear bone structure, a clear shape and idea - and they end up buzzing with too many combinations creating all sorts of olfactory illusions. i noticed that in gold, interlude and now jubilation. perhaps less accords and more unity is the way to go.

mylancome

Too bad Jubilation 25 don't like me. It's a very good perfume, a royal version of Mitsouko. Alas, same problem with other Amouage perfumes, the base note turns sour on my skin.

swade
swade

So sad... I received a sample of Jubilation 25 for women and was very excited to try it given all the rave reviews. Unfortunately all I smell is candle wax - and not very good candle wax at that. I keep smelling it to see if it has changed, developed or morphed into something else. Nope. Just candle wax.

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

Forgive me Fragranticans, but I have to break out the superlatives for this one. Divine, sublime, exquisite, regal ... it is a fragrance fit for a queen. If Cleopatra could have time-travelled, she would surely have come hurrying fast-forward through the centuries for this so she could take a lifetime supply back to ancient Egypt.

I was gifted an Amouage sampler pack of twelve x 2ml mini-sprays and I've had a wonderful time with it. Some I just adore, like Dia, Memoir, Epic and Lyric; but lovely as they all are, none of them compare to the shimmering, sensual radiance of Jubilation.

To my nose, the most simple description I can give is that it's a glorious golden rose incense. For me it was instant love, and just 48 hours later I happily handed over my credit card for a full bottle of this intoxicating, expensive juice, with no regrets whatever.

Eat your heart out, Cleo: you missed out on heaven in a bottle.

Tara1
Tara1

The incense, myrrh notes stand out wonderfully when I wear Jubilation.

Even after days from spraying on the sleeves of my sweater, I can still smell this gorgeous perfume. It has fantastic lasting strength.

It is not a sweet scent. Has a more dry, refined feel.

A classic, timeless beauty.

Edit:
I love wearing Jubilation! Some perfumes become uninteresting after wearing them for a while, but when I wear Jubilation I am amazed at how much I love it.

I see that some people note the similarity with Mitsouko. I have Mitsouko also, but I prefer Jubilation.

LillyBelle
LillyBelle

On the opening I get a very dry earthy feel with this one. Mostly smoky incense, resin with a very green cast to it. Spicy yet not a harsh fragrance. Could be over powering with a heavy hand. It is an intense fragrance. It's sexy, rich and decadent. Very classy. You must wait for this one to bloom. After the opening it softened with a creamy lang-lang and rose mixing in now with top notes. Just a bit of green feel now. Dry down is soft incense and resins. Longevity is always good with Amouage. Silage is great as well. Not overbearing. Lovely blending of notes and a feel of quality. An elegant perfume for a bold and confident lady. Much to love if you wait for this one to develop. It's a classic winner for me. Love it!!

I agree that this smells like Mitsouko, though considerably smoother. Longevity is excellent while projection is moderate to good, using one spray. Not much else I can think to say about it, other than the peachy quality lasts a long time, whereas in the vintage Mitsouko EdP I've tried the base seems to come forward sooner and more forcefully.

Kentington
Kentington

Ravishingly beautiful, extraordinarily intense. Have you ever done poppers? The smell's completely different (thank god), but the effect - that sort of lightheaded euphoria with just a little bit of dizziness - is all here. Fragrance like this doesn't deserve to be cheapened by "pour homme" or "pour femme" labels - you either love it or you don't. Your gender is irrelevant.

I didn't smell this and immediately say "OH! Mitsouko!" But...the comparison is apt. It's got a Guerlain air de famille about it for sure, without going near Mitsouko's peachy heart. A serious collector might buy both fragrances, but for everyday rotation, either/or would do nicely - they both serve extremely similar purposes.

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

I want a bottle of this so badly. It's so warm and sexy and feminine and sophisticated. The spiciness and smoky incense is intoxicating. But man it's expensive! Right now, I'm only using the lotion, which does the trick, but I'll have a bottle of the juice one day, mark my word!

tonileefiore
tonileefiore

I am left feeling uncertain about Jubilation, so perhaps I need to give it another try. These are my initial impressions after recently wearing samples of the fragrance for several days.

Jubilation opens with a pleasant mixture of rose, spice, incense and (a bit of) smoke. One aspect I like about the opening is the absence of nearly all aldehydes...no sharp harsh opening here...nothing medicinal or sanitizing about this fragrance, at least not to my nose! Within minutes, Jubilation develops into a mixed floral scent, predominantly ylang-ylang & rose. Ylang-ylang plays odd on my skin because the scent never seems consistent. Sometimes it is pleasantly light and floral; other times it is overbearing & cloying. Unfortunately, ylang-ylang is not one of my favorite solo notes.

I wish the opening incense & smoke notes lasted longer but sadly, they do not. Once the pleasant opening fades, the scent progresses into a mediocre floral fragrance with remnants of wood, amber and other resins. Overall, the dry-down is nice but nothing special or memorable. Longevity is good and silage is adequate. The dry-down predominates for hours; however, I find it boring.

All in all, Jubilation is a nice fragrance but I don't think I'm ready for a full bottle-smile...probably a good thing given the hefty price tag on this one!

Germany
Germany

Jubilation is extrdinary and definitly on my wish list ! I have only tried a few Amouages , and non of them dissapointed. ( epic, lyric , uber and jubilation ) in fact it's hard to decide which one to get first but I am leaning towards Jubilation !
Jubilation starts with a beautiful classic opening of , in my opinion tame aldehydes and sweet warm rosy balsamic notes, very likeable and very easy to love.
The sweetness and warmth and velvety smell is what captures me on the spot and it only gets better and better. The smell doesn change very much but gets softer and sweeter in its drydown. I love the balsamic, ambery and musky rose aura it gives , the classic feel with a very modern likeable feel , it's elegant and feminine and as one lady said it reminds her of champagne and strawberries , and yes it's grown up but sweet and young at the same time. Lovley , a must try !!!
Thanks Christianne1 for the sample !

In the meantime I have tried all Amouges. I still prefer Jubilation 25 over the rest of them. It's so classy, elegant , sexy and yet proper ,well put together perfume. Easy to wear, and great drydown. Just amazing ,high quality.

dfirefly
dfirefly

Very oriental, incense with a bit of citrus. For when you are in the mood to seduce rather than be seduced. Did not last as long on me as other Amouage perfumes have. For me, it ended with a whiff of anise/licorice.

AveParfum
AveParfum

The first thing I have to say is, "Wow!" One of Amouage's very best. It starts out with a thick cloud of powder & aldehydes and a touch of tangy fruit.

Soon emerges something much darker. Strong myrrh, somewhat pungent just like the real thing (I actually brush my teeth with a bit of myrrh powder), and then came the glorious animalic note that is not listed in the pyramid. It started off a little, yup, stanky, as a previous reviewer noted. It reminds me very much of "gamey" water buffalo milk.

The animalic note in Jubilation 25 is blended with the strong scent of frankincense and myrrh, like the smoke billowing from a censer during Catholic mass, bringing a sense of sanctimony. The animalic note blending with these sacred resins makes me think about the dawn of man, it smells so primordial.

When the scent drifts up to my nose, I notice a similarity to vintage Opium EDP, but Jubilation 25 is not as syrupy and dark and the spices not nearly so hot. I really do not think the notes listed above are the complete list because I swear I smell a combo of cinnamon & cloves well into the drydown.

This is true love for me, perhaps the finest incense perfume I have ever encountered. If it was created to celebrate Amouage's 25-year anniversary, they could not have done a more magnificent job. This perfume is a perfect 10/10. I started with a mini bottle, but I am unapologetically stingy about this juice, so I bought a 100ml bottle and still wonder if I bought enough.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

For me, it opened with strong shypre and aldehydic tones, and was very powdery on the drydown. The more I smell it, the more it reminds me of an old lipstick smell. Also, I imagine a gracefully aging lady in her 70'ies. I cannot see a woman under 60 wear this.. Very French, with that balsamic, animalic twist but with the hint of sweetness. I did not sense smoke at all. Overall, not for me.
Funny what an acquired taste scents are: I am writing this addendum 5 months later and I really like Jubilation. I tested it blindly and the very things that threw me off the first time around, have now done it for me.

archivist
archivist

Absolutely Mitsouko EDP on the opening, the rose emerges with the incense soon thereafter. But there's something off about it as a Mitsouko clone, something a little sour and pungent (I get the curry note others are getting). I would recommend that anyone considering this perfume try comparing it to Mitsouko first to be quite sure which one they prefer.

ETA: I get some major man stank on the drydown, which many people will enjoy tremendously.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is very very pretty. It opens harsh in a way that I associate with vintage chypres but quickly settles into about five hours of lovely wafts that remind me of Rochas Femme and Mitsouko. Then it kind of poops out on the dry down. This is what keeps it from being full bottle worthy for me. In vintage chypres the pain of the harsh opening is amply repaid by the many hours of beautiful heart and then an even longer dry down period. Here there's just the heart and then nothing. Too bad. It's lovely while it last.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I didn't like this at all I'm afraid. It was so awful on me that I thought it had turned. The opening was harsh and sour, and smelled very like brandy. It was so sharp that it was almost as though I was tasting it at the back of my throat. The initial sourness gave way to a smoky cigarette note which was persistent and unwavering. It was a muddled fragrance, harsh clashing shrieks of bitter spices and cigarettes. I got nothing of the floral notes. Unpleasant, cold, sour and brittle-no smoothness or rich velvet to me, which I realise makes me the odd one out seeing as most of the reviewers are waxing lyrical about how beautiful it is.

Tiger84
Tiger84

People mention the '70 and '80 here like if it was a bad thing...

muzzbait
muzzbait

there's something fizzy in the background. it's minor, almost unnoticeable, but ever-so-slightly colouring the entire composition. otherwise, i get white floral, a little spiciness and a touch of dry woodsiness. not sure what i think of it, but it seems to be more feminine than masculine. dunno if i would ever wear it, but i could see the allure for a woman. almost feels a little dated, too. i think i remember a primary school teacher smelling like this. it's interesting...

birsen
birsen

At first spray I was like " ouch, don't like it at all", but since I was going to work and was already late, I thought it is too late to wash it off. But in the next 20 mins it developed and turn to something that I liked. Then in the next hour it become so pretty and so heavenly.
This is very classy and beautiful. Long lasting and impressive silage.
Good stuff!

Fizzy
Fizzy

Beautiful aldehydic smell for the summer, clean and crispy, with good silage and longevity. More for a day use than the night. Smells like Azzurre from Estee Lauder and a sweeter version Cabochard from Gres. Unisex.

veda
veda

This is very masculine and I think that must be unisex.
Sorry Amouage, I find it very brutal for my taste.Reminds me of some 80's colognes for men.I expected something more feminine and not so heavy.

henri345que
henri345que

This is not only an Amouage celebration of their 25th Anniversary, it's also a hommage to one of the most complex, dynamic and misterious families in perfumery, the Chypres. Jubilation 25 seems to unite the past and the present of this family, remind me of classics like Mitsouko and Femme de Rochas but also seeming to have something in Common with creations like Gucci Rush and Chanel Rue Cambon. It seems to have something fruity, a little bit like prune or plum, which is a kind of link to the masculine counterpart. You have rich, intense flowers, sweet and dark resins and a mossy, woody base. It's, like a good chypre, very harmonic, complex and a little bit formal too. It smells like a very good one chypre, if you like this kind of family you should try it.

christianne1
christianne1

The opening and first hour of Jubilation reminds me of perfumes from the 70s and earlier. It truly seems vintage. VERY potent and really has to brew and settle to be appreciated. Like the way it was before perfumes needed to be a fresh and fruity quick and easy sell at the mega department store counters. PLEASE do not make up your mind on this for at least an hour. Because the dry down is freaking phenomenal if you will just take time to let it happen.

It does bear a slight resemblance to Mitsouko during the transition to the full dry down (only this is much nicer to me...don't clobber me). It's much more like Rochas Femme to me than Mitsouko. There is a connection to several other chypres of this type as well. It is the quintessential chypre.

With a name like "Jubilation" I expected something exhilarating...something that would make me want to run and shout and be happy (what Noontide Petals does for me) But instead it makes me feel very reserved...and maybe even slightly melancholic. But in an incredible sort of way.

I wasn't on board when I first tried Jubilation 25 but as my nose has progressed and grown over time it has become one of my all time favorites. This may sound a but dramatic but I find it astonishingly beautiful.

No, the La Vie est Belle crowd (or whatever the Lancôme one is called) will probably run from this and want to hose it down with a fire extinguisher. But those who appreciate retro greats of yesteryear.....Jubilation 25 is right there with them. It is a journey not a sprint.

Jubilation 25 is perfume magnificence.

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

The opening is harsh but it is brief only. This is a lovely, sophisticated fragrance. Really the best Amouage In my opinion.

Review for the extrait:

Comparing with the EDP, I sure choose this one. Warning! This stuff is kinda Oily, so spray it before having your clothes on.

The extrait is more refine, smooth like an intense coffee with higher percentage of coffee power than cream & water, like the EDP. This baby is much long lasting.

Mr. Kennon once mentioned the Women EDP on his review, said it's bad pot potpourri. After you try the extrait, the EDP is like smell of dry leaves, maybe that's Mr. Kennon was trying to describe.

The extrait is filled with Frankincense oil, the ultimate luxury. This is the real smell of Christmas & Money. Like some people with bucks of money in their handbag or pockets, going to Saks, Nordstrom, Harrods shop for Christmas or preparing some in-house party.

eveclair
eveclair

I agree with Nickie. Its very harsh at first, like a spice market. It softens after a while to, it takes a couple of hours on me. I find myself waiting for it to soften, the sharpness/freshness isn't for everyone. But don't let that scare you off, this is a beautiful perfume.

Most of all I feel the incense, myrrh and ylang-ylang notes in this fragrance. It could be beautiful oriental, but it's not. I'm not impressed.

Nickie
Nickie

It's taken me several attempts to get on board with Jubilation. The opening I found crass and harsh; I really didn't understand what it was trying to say. The same is still true each time I put it on, but I'm wiser now and know that on my skin it takes a good hour to quieten down and formulate its words.

After the unpromising start I find it eloquent and sophisticated. It becomes demure and sweet and, to some extent, uplifting.

It doesn't have the gung-ho power I find in, say, Honour, nor the staying power: three squirts and that'll last around 7 hours with moderate to soft silage. That doesn't phase me; if the first hour's experience were stretched to 2 or 3, I wouldn't be able to hack it.

Patience is what's needed to experience the joys of Jubilation. I've learned that now.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

Yesterday a sales guy in David Jones convinced me to try various Amouage perfumes. This was my favourite, but I only took it away on a card because I'd already tested other perfumes on my wrists, arms and neck. There's a soft floral underlying the spiciness – a rose beneath the incense – that made this my favourite Amouage.

But I have to say it reminded me of Clinique's Aromatics Elixir, which is a fraction of this absurdly high price.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

Can someone please possibly review this perfume without referring to any other perfume while do so? :) thank you

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

This would be a beautiful blend, minus some odd off note I can't place..Sad, because it could be quite lovely. I don't know if it is the Tarragon..But it is sort of like the Anick Goutal fragances that seem to have off notes that jump out of know where, like tomatoe leaf...

evesoho
evesoho

Jubilation has a perfect development and perfect composition. The top, heart and drydown phases reveal themselves smoothly, and they are well-timed. I was even able to notice the moment when each phase seemed to hang in the balance, then begin to change. It was a pleasure to experience the mystery as it unraveled, seamless and compelling, because the overall scent has a sublime beauty that never diminishes from start to finish.

I'm a lover of tarragon in perfumes, and here is no exception. I always feel like tarragon brings such a freshness and liveliness to a scent. Obviously, this is a tarragon of such quality it would ne'er be found dried in the cupboard of your kitchen.

If I were attracted to dark and heavy musk, I would look no further than Jubilation for Women, because the drydown is exceptionally musky. Unfortunately, it isn't to my personal taste. I shy away from other perfumes that I love, like the otherwise gentle and sweet La Dame Aux Camellias by Jardins D'Ecrivains, because their musky drydowns are too much for me. I also dislike otherwise perfect perfumes entirely for this reason, like Chanel No 19 Poudre. Where neither of those perfumes could be worn by men, Jubilation for Women has an appeal that transcends beyond gender; I think it would suit a man with its muskiness that rivals any found in men's perfume/cologne.

There is an accord in the opening that does remind me of my beloved Mitsouko. It is only one accord, though; there is little mistaking the vast difference of these perfumes. One dries down to smooth, animalic musk, the other to creamy, green oakmoss. This is the main indicator - to my nose - that Amouage has created an oriental floral perfume, while Guerlain has created a chypre fruity.

Perhaps someday I might like to wear Jubilation for Women more often. It isn't sunny or nature-loving, like Mitsouko, it seems more solemnly spiritual and suited to indoor, formal celebrations, whereas Mitsouko can be worn for a walk in the park. If Mitousko is a forest, then Jubilation is a mountain.

If I smelled Jubilation on another woman, I'd just stare at her in awe, and try not to trip over my own feet.

mylancome

Smell like Vol de Nuit? This I gonna get! I can't get Guerlain Vol De Nuit in my country.

antfarm
antfarm

This is a well-crafted perfume where the notes blend together seamlessly to create a single sumptuous expensive perfume + spice cabinet effect.

However, although masterful and obviously made from top notch ingredients, this smells like Vol de Nuit with a dash of curry on my skin. The only Amouage I've tried that I wouldn't wear.

suhaesa
suhaesa

its a timless master piece.. ..it is so heavenly................. beautiful............divine...........sublime..................one spray and all of lifes most precious perfumes .. moments.. memories.. people come to life........it reminds me of fem rochas.. and of madam rochas combined..... immensely.. with a lot more going on from the golden era of perfumery.. its a s if you have combined the best carons and.. and ..and.. and.. and.. and and all the best classics from the entire renowned houses...and more.. etc............. in to one.. amazing.. everlasting.. timeless.. love spell.. bomb.. or time machine.. that simply takes you to wherever you want to go back in happiness.. and bliss..
the perfume is not explainable in words.. its one of those treasures..that you have to smell yourself to get an idea of what i am talking about .. every perfume addict must have ..its balmy.. smokey.. ambery ..yellow floral mysterious.. i find it a bit aldehic.. powdery.. and resinous..its aromatic ..woodsy ..spicy ..fresh.. mellow.. full .. wonderful..perfumey..
it smells like a perfume..!! in this time and age we live in ..where perfume has lost its identity ..where new generations are deprived of true bliss.. and knowing what rel perfumes should smell like ..this is as close as you can get..to real perfumery ..natural..clean..and refined..its a universal pleaser nothing offensive.. nothing strange..doest need much thinking..not an aquired scent..just a lovely fine perfume worth being called a perfume with honers.. its so unique..yet familiar.. elegant.. sophisticated..yet humble.. sharp ..witty ..yet yet down to earth .. complex yet simple..its a meaningful perfume..it almost speaks to you in love honer and respect....its gracious and grandeur..memorable and unbelievably unforgettable..it carries a story and a history ..

edp 100 ml
perfume ratting 5 out 5
bottle ratting 4.5 out 5
my personal liking ratting 10 out 5 !
bought from harods

aramat
aramat

I love this perfume! It's finest perfume that very rear and it's suit me. It's not for every one,because perfume is what you are ,sometimes it's not perfume it's you ...

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I most certainly cannot say J25 is a masculine scent; however, I do suggest any manly men who want to experience your softer side to give it a try. The spiciness, for me it smells like clove, and floral of Y'lang Y'lang of this fragrance is sensual and soothing. This is the fragrance to wear when you are in a small party looking for some attention but not getting everyone all over you.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

This is part review part therapy session so please bare with me :)

So I decided to step up and buy a $300 bottle of cologne. I've never done this before but I figured with the amount of time I spend on Basenotes and Fragrantica I should be well equipped to make this decision.

I chose the house of Amouage. Made in Oman "WOW" . They use high quality ingredients and reviewers rave about their longevity and sillage. I also have Turkish blood in me so the whole Middle East vibe could totally work on me.

Recently I have been into Mitsouko by Guerlain so I was immediately attracted to Jubilation 25. The female version. The male version seemed to have much in common with other Amouage fragrances....musky more eastern influenced.

To my nose J25 has a lot in common with Mitousko yet as another reviewer pointed out to me the base is very different. Moss vs Incense and resins. True and thank you for bringing it to my attention. However I adore the opening of J25 over that of Mitsouko. It reminds me also of a high quality Cabochard Gres. So to summarize a marriage of the best qualities that Gres and Mitsouko offer with added incense and resins and the use of high quality ingredients. All this should translate into happiness right ? Well sort of.

I have been using J24 exclusively for roughly 5 days. I started with 3 sprays...chest and 2 behind the ears. No not enough to engulf myself in a cloud. So I get a little heavier with the sprayer and give myself 6 sprays. 2 chest one on each wrist and 2 behind the ears. Is this enough to be engulfed in a cloud ? I don't know. I love to smell under my wife beater shirt after I get out of the shower and spray myself with cologne. Before going to bed I like to take another whiff under my wife beater that by now should be radiating. I don't get that strong odor that I do with almost every other cologne that I use. Even the ones that have longevity issues initially give me that fume high after the shower and just before bed. I can't say that I've gotten that with J25 WTF ??????

The weather has been bone dry and really cold here in NYC for the past 5 days. Could it be that this fragrance needs heat to activate itself ? I do think I smell it more when I sweat such as after a walk when I am bundled up in warm clothing.

I've never had trouble smelling fragrances on myself EVER.

I then read that this fragrance is the "weakest" of the entire Amouage line? I laughed when I read that. It was not a happy laugh but a " Did I just F up and waste $300" type of laugh.

A few days before I started wearing the Amouage I had Mitsouko on and I was immediately greeted with a "what's that you're wearing?" when I entered a room....not so with J25.

Conclusion :

Has nothing to do with ADP Profumo IMO. I ran out to test it after this arrived. Has a lot to do with Mitsouko EDP and Gres CHRD. J25 is more refined and the quality of ingredients are no doubt top notch. The problem is the BUGGER has no projection on me. The longevity is decent as A SKIN SCENT but that is not why I spent $300 on a bottle of cologne.

Unfortunately I need to put this bottle in the back of the closet and try again maybe in the spring time when the weather changes. If ANYONE can share their experiences with J25 via forum or private message I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences with it.

*You would not be wrong if you purchased the Mitsousko EDP $128 over this. You would only be missing the incense and a few resins...give or take a flower or two and a grain of spice here and there.

UPDATE : It's been a few weeks with this now. Side by side Mitsouko vs J25 ? J25 surpasses M in quality. Synthetic cat piss vs french perfumery. Harsh for Guerlain but true. Sillage ?M has better sillage but J25 is a silent killer that radiates if given the right amount of heat. Better to wear it in the spring /summer .

I will give up a little sillage and use J25. It works if you just let it do it's thing...don't force it. Let it do it's thing...soft/ complex/ calls out every now and then to let you know it is still there. Sometimes the calls are loud. Other times softer. It's still there working regardless. Longevity is excellent for J25.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Bland with a touch of rosé is my first impression of Jubilation 25.

My nose selectively bypassed the citrus notes and headed straight for the incense which has a dusty, dirty feel. The florals cast a minute sweetness with the rose front and center but it is heavy laden with myrrh and darker notes.

There is not enough dryness to consider this fragrance a chypre, not enough sweetness to be gourmand, not light enough to be a floral yet not fresh enough to be an aromatic.

I have no idea how to classify this fragrance because I do not detect any amber, patchouli, nor spice either.

This one has me stumped, maybe I'll come back to it when my nose is more mature. Maybe I will just layer it with something light to take the weight off.

VintageCaleche
VintageCaleche

Very elegant, classic - prefer the Extrait.

mylancome

While feeling pity for the current batch of Mitsouko EDP being too watery and lost within 3 hours, a fall of another Guerlain legendary perfume.

Today, the universe has give me a solution, I get to meet Jubilation with recommendation of Fragrantica members and the friendly Amouage staffs.

It does very familiar with Misouko, more airy, less bitter tree moss, and some sour-peachy fruity. And some champagne smell. Lasting power is a plus too.

I will never get to understand why Amouage feminines are so overlooked. They're perfectly unisex, often better than the masculine versions and absolutely stunning. Jubilation 25 makes no exception.

I always loved this fragrance but, lately, it is becoming one of my favorite deliveries by the Onani firm. A fruity chypre that clearly speaks of classicism, of old-school french perfumery and continuely winking at pillars of the past such as Cristelle, Mitsouko and, yes, Diorella. But when you think it's all about a floral-fruity chypre, a thick, humongous and estremely dry incense-ambery-woody base comes in to play reminding that skills in perfumery are almost everything. Jubilation 25 is perfectly able to conjugate two types of perfumery (french and oriental) into a single language. Two completely different fragrances living together in one composition with absolutely no stridency.

To anyone who like classic, rich, complex perfumery, I can't imagine Jubilation 25 not being part of their wardrobes. Outstanding longevity and powerful sillage. Mandatory.

9-na
9-na

This scent on me is those flowers with violet petals, from my childhood, but I don't remember their name. And I also feel tarragon in it, the kind that I love. It smells raw, growing. It smells drying up by the house. It smells like it should in the drink when I've made it.

***
Another bottle, a present. The scent is the way it's been before on my skin, but with an addition of a wonderful undertone of very-very ripe fruit. Loving it, wearing it.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This smells exactly like a Rochas to me- so kudos to the folks who noted that. The first thing I thought when putting it on was ah, Femme by Rochas. While I admire Femme as a classic French scent, I'm not going to shell out hundreds of dollars for what to me is pretty much a flanker with quality ingredients but so "classic" I don't think it fits a modern woman at all. Also, the rose tends to overwhelm the other elements on my skin. It took over an hour for me to smell anything but overpowering rose. I'm not even finishing my sample of this one. Goodbye!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

hmm...I'm really sitting on the fence with this one. It was not what I was expecting. It was very subtle with a minimal sillage. Some of his other popular ones are "hard hitters" so I was expecting this sort of forte. Instead I got a mossy, spicy clean soap sort of scent, pleasant, but too minimalistic and linear for my taste, and you could easily pick up something stronger and more magical from a department store shelf at a quarter of the price. Amouge scents are creative, I'll say that for certain, each one is unique, shows a breadth of imagination and tells it's own story. But in the case of this number, I cannot see why the price is justified for this one. It just amazes(and irks) me sometimes how dramatic and theatrical some of the reviews are about fumes, and then you spray the stuff and you're like: "huh, am I missing something here?"

TerryM
TerryM

I do agree with LaLaPop75 that a little goes a long way. I put a little too much on when I first spritzed this fragrance and tried to stay away from others for a little while till it softened. I have to say that I LOVE this. Definitely spicey, but with a warm amber softness that is not to sweet at all. Absolutely lovely, and I feel lovely wearing it. ;)

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Very earthy..as well as spicy. This is an extremely rich and deep perfume. Small amounts are better. Extremely resinous and smokey. I love all of the notes..I do prefer this to Andy Tauer's L'Air Du Desert Morocain..which is much sweeter, much more amber. This one is more dry, less sweet..but to me..somewhat similar. The spiciness of this one can be a bit much!

First things first, (I feel that this needs to be addressed), Amouage Jubilation is a slightly green and mossy fragrance, falling ever so smoothly into chypre territory. Don't be fooled by the scent pyramid, which suggests that Jubilation may be a heavy oriental on the skin.

I've come to enjoy wearing Jubilation for Her over time. It wasn't love at first sniff that's for certain, but it does have a fascinatingly unique aura that is quite captivating to say the least. Needless to say, I'm impressed.

I can see why some liken Jubilation to Guerlain's Mitsouko. They are similar in many ways, from the mossy opening, to the dusty incense drydown. I like both of them equally, however I find Jubilation a little less consistent in terms of fragrance development.

I'm surprised to find that Jubilation has moderate to soft sillage. I really expected this one to be a heavy hitter. I'm not sure whether I'm disappointed by this or grateful. I personally think Jubilation wears better in slightly warmer weather, where the rose and myrrh are most prominent on the skin.

I swear that I can smell a hint of sparkling aldehydes, especially in the opening and heart of this fragrance. I agree with Leesee's reference to fine champagne, it has a definite hint of that too. Perhaps it is the lemon accord counteracting with the myrrh to give it that rich and tarty finish.

Whether or not it meets your expectations, you have to admit that it's both unique and long lasting. Discreet but forever surprising, Amouage Jubilation is a fragrance I greatly admire and one that will keep me intrigued for many hours. I recommend.

Anassa
Anassa

elegant, it reminds me of Acqua di Parma profumo

moynah
moynah

First test for me.

Dissapointed a little, and not what I expected

The opening, very spicy, Im thinking a walk by the Egyptian pyramids on a clear hot sunny day. Yes,Exotic. On the flip side, it has a calmness, almost soapy sudsy.. 'clean' freshness to it, then the floral(rose) kicks in. HOWEVER the spice continues to bubble under. It needs lifting a little with a bit more sweetness I feel.
It is quite a contradictory scent, for those reasons. Different than any other.. full of surprises, a bit like getting a box of chocolates, thinking "oh just another box of chocolates" - then every bite being so different from the normal taste expected. Sorry, fans of this, I dont feel the scent justifies the price, and in all honesty the Male version is miles better (and sexier)

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

Its spicy. It smell like a chanel maybe mademoiselle. My daughter sprayed her la praire and it smelss similiar indeed.

drummagick
drummagick

There has got to be some kind of spice in the opening. It's one I'm not familiar with, but it's there and it's strong.

This perfume on my skin is very dry, very desert-like. I get a lot of some kind of spice and dried fruit, maybe plums? And smoke. Something's burning that I've never smelled before. Is it the myrrh?

This one is not good for me. It's awful with my chemistry. Besides, it's way over my head. :)

jessyparis
jessyparis

fabulous... nothing more to say.
Almost 100% match with PROFUMO ACQUA DI PARMA
Great both of them anyways.

jtd
jtd

Amouage Jubilation 25
Jubilation 25 demonstrates the richness and time evolution I associate with classical, French perfumery.  To call it a spicy, floral, oriental, herbal, fruity chypre would capture a lot of the ground this fragrance covers, but it doesn’t really narrow things down.  Though classical in style, Jubilation 25 is tough to capture in traditional nomenclature. The rose in the topnotes suggest a grand chypre, but frankincense standing in for labdanum hints at unpredicatbility.  Its expansive opening reminds me of Tauer’s Incense Rosé, but the top really just ushers in a balsamic, woody set of notes that hum like a chorus.  The fruit matches the woodiness.   It’s a plumy, peachy scent with both the skin of a fruit and the ripe flesh.  The ripeness has a strong ‘flavor’, but doesn’t have that feeling of turning fruit as in Rochas Femme and Dior Diorella.  Like these two Edmond Rounitska classics, the fruit ties this scent’s upper register with its drydown.

Disclosure:  I love fruity chypres.  The best fruity chypres (the above, plus, YSL Y and Yvresse, Prescriptives Calyx, Bond no 9 Chinatown, Guerlain Diorella, Chanel Cristalle) are balanced and expressive, holding together contrasts that other genres cannot.

Fruity chypre is where Jubilation 25 winds up.  Moss, fruit and wood triangulate and balance is more accurately a set of counterpoints just held in check.  Everything I love about the drydown of fruity chypres, Chinatown in particular, is here, but Jubilation 25 keeps its own identity.  The classic ambery drydown of a chypre is inflected with frankincense, making the final hours of Jubilation 25 dry and confidently stark.  This concise drydown makes me feel like the circus-like opening belonged to another fragrance entirely, but one that I’d love to try again.

from scenthurdle.com

;-)
;-)

Had high hopes for this one. When I try it all I get is memories of yvresse/champagne by YSL. Not what I was expecting. Maybe it's my skin. Lasts long. Try it you may find what's written in the other reviews. I didn't :(

Edit: Compared Jubilation with yvresse. It starts out similar but with yvresse is a little sweeter and has a little more fruit. The middle is similar but Jubilation is a little soapier. The dry-down is very much alike.
Yvresse is so much cheaper and lasts just as long, personally it's the one I prefer.

lara0905
lara0905

Maybe my olfactory is playing with me but I'm surely detect pepper and cloves in the opening.This notes fades away so quickly and the drydown( what a surprize!) is exactly Caron Beloggia on me but much powdery and musky then Beloggia!!!The situation is the same as I wrote in my another rewiew( Amouage Epic), Jubilation has no edgy notes but the another perfume has it.

stellaglo
stellaglo

absolutely one of the most gorgeous golden rich fragrances i have ever had the honor of wearing. if you like patou's sublime or moschino donna, you must try this perfection.

LADYELLE
LADYELLE

I enjoy this fragrance which has a very long lasting scent of all the notes. It is for the fall/winter night time.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

@meadowbliss: why you are reviewing here the male version ????? confusing!

this perfume to me smells like stepping into a little dusty room of an eldery gipsy tarotcard reading lady wearing big, bold gold earrings and bracelets.
the room is overloaded with oriental nippes, the air filled with incense, myrrh and a sharp smell of her patchouli oil, which she's used to dab way too much to her wrist and neck in the morning.

well this was my impression with the sample i got and testing right now.
i was quite afraid to try this perfume because i expected something like it was effectively.
the first blast with the sharp spicy opening is very pungent. my eyes become wet and i could hardly resist to wash it off... by reading here it will calming down quickly i waited, but i'm still strongly displeased about the sharpness.

... after a while, 30 minutes now, it becomes nicer, mutch softer, warmening ylang-ylang and a strong (turkish?) rose shining through earthy, mossy woods with incense and a good amounth of patchouli...

Cereza
Cereza

Well, now I see why it's so expensive. It's my first sample from Amouage and this is marvelous. Well, as I'm not ylang-ylang friendly I don't think I could wear this, but the scent itself is such a gem. It's buttery ylang ylang, warm and rich, smells extremely expensive (and well, it is).
There is this magnificent cold rose now and then, the myrrh and vetiver gives this dry, green feeling to it and oh, I can't stop praising this.
This is classy. If you do love ylang-ylang and if you do have a chance - test this. It's elegant, feminine and suited for queens. Or at least ladies with long, elegant dresses in fancy, expensive parties.

BRAVO!

Amouage JUBILATION opens rather abruptly on my skin, with a dark and strong myrrh-incense note. After a couple of minutes, the composition seems paradoxically light. Clearly something is not developing right here, as I do not find this perfume very captivating or complex, though given the notes it should be. I do detect the ylang and a touch of rose, which are nice mixed in with the persistent incense and myrrh. The patchouli is very light compared to most recent fragrances containing that note (post-Angel).

I should disclose that I appear to amplify or magnify myrrh, which nearly always has a kind of sledgehammer effect, flattening everything else in the vicinity. It's pretty rare for me to fall for a myrrh-rich perfume, so anyone who tends to like both myrrh and ylang should definitely give this Amouage creation a sniff.

I am happy for those for whom JUBILATION works. Alas, I do not number among them! Désolée.

adele l
adele l

Just lovely- and generally I find many in the Amouage line too reminiscent of a spice market. Womanly, wears close to the skin with amazing lasting power as well.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I finally got a sample of this, along with the men’s version, which I'll be trying soon. Jubilation 25 starts out with a very faint odor initially, but within a few minutes it develops into a lovely light floral scent, predominantly ylang-ylang. Ylang is one of my favorite floral notes, so I was pleasantly surprised that it was used in what I expected to be a heavy oriental perfume. The overall impression is like a bunch of soft, fluffy salmon-pink tulle, a very feminine comfort scent that gently envelops without being overpowering. Somewhere in the drydown peaches appear, making the scent rather similar to Rochas Femme, another perfume that I like a lot. This isn’t a love-love-love gotta have it scent, but it’s one that I like enough to wear from time to time.

Several days later I can still smell Jubilation 25 on everything it contacted - the clothes I was wearing, the towel that I used when I showered after it supposedly had worn off ... this scent has amazing lasting power. Fortunately the lingering traces are pleasant.

meadowbliss
meadowbliss

On my left hand is Amouge Jubilation for Men. On my right: Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan. Oh, who do I love the most? I will not bore thee with top, heart and base notes, only that I cannot decide between my two current loves. I will tell you this: if you were to nestle into me and my shoulders were graced with either scent, I would have a third lover.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

LEESEE...I agree with the boardroom & bedroom comment. You must be very confident & unafraid. I honestly wasn't expecting this. The word, Jubilation, to me, implies a fresh, clean, and sparkling fruit of a fragrance...but no! It's definitely NOT that.

This reminds me of Indian restaurants. When you first walk in, you smell the wonderful spicey aroma parading out of the kitchen. The rich flavors of the different currys, and the rose water they use to make their mango lassis (sp?). The base notes create such a marvelously sexy masterpiece...that it's hard for me to even think straight right now. How fragrant. How exotic. It's intoxicating and utterly delightful.

Leesee
Leesee

Reminiscent of fine champagne chased by a single, ripe strawberry, this scent seems tailor-made for the kind of woman who could run a boardroom with the same silky ease that she rules the bedroom.

mademoiselle_nicole
mademoiselle_nicole

timelessly elegant for a lady who knows where she comes from and where she goes to.
spicy, rich and sophisticated.never harsh or invasive, yet not anonymous.
elegant daywear that may suit women who do not deny their strength in business life but neither their femininity