Designers » A » « Groups

Lilac Love Amouage for women
dislike

cacao
Lilac Love Amouage for women Pictures Lilac Love Amouage for women Pictures

Lilac Love by Amouage is a fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Lilac Love was launched in 2016. Top notes are jasmine, rose, gardenia, peony and heliotrope; middle notes are orris, cacao and tonka bean; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli and vanilla.

Jasmine Rose Gardenia Peony Heliotrope

Orris Cacao Tonka Bean

Sandalwood Patchouli Vanilla

En Passant
Veilleur de Nuit

Lilac Love Fragrance Reviews

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I'm testing this from a decanted spray sample (one spritz shared between both wrists) and I'm amazed at how much this smells like lilac without actually containing the note itself. Right after I applied it, I distinctly smelled cocoa butter, but within five minutes, a strong scent of lilacs appeared, with the cocoa becoming much more powdery, and dry, and fluffy. It's a potent fragrance, too! I've had it on for more than 4 hours, and it's still going strong on my wrists. Personally, this feels like a very powdery floral with a gourmand tinge. And because I love sweet powdery fragrances, I love it!!! I imagine this would make me feel so fresh in summer weather! I wish the price wasn't so prohibitive, but wearing it, it truly feels worth the cost! I usually have to liberally apply my perfume to smell it, but this one is very strong, so a bottle would probably last longer.

smellagent
smellagent

This is not for me. I get indolic Jasmine under a cloud of powdery soapy vanilla, Tonka, Heliotrope. Usually I love these notes strung together but not today with this one. I get no real sweetness from the cacao and smell no rose. I have had it on for 30 minutes and it is going away. This feels unfinished to me and needs a zing or zang at the top. Oh well, on to the next one.

larita91
larita91

How warm, soft, fluffy, and beautiful! Tons of lilac with tonka, vanilla and cacao. The lilac feels so natural, like you were actually in a garden smelling the flower. Then comes the vanilla-tonka-cacao triad which makes the scent comforting and soft. I can also smell some sandal when it dries down. For me it is a lovely clean sweet floral. Strong, but not overwhelming. Sillage and longetivity both excellent.

aistionnelle
aistionnelle

Spraying Lilac Love we enter a kind of secret garden.It`s spring,late afternoon and a little girl who is touching tiny lilac`s bells is not very familiar with their scent: fresh, a bit sweet and etheral. Agree, it `s rather impression of lilac than the flower itself.It shares some scent shades with heliotrope but very quickly vanilla comes to help them to communicate better.
A girl finds some pieces of chocolate in her pocket but doesn`t enjoy them as much as this is rather `grown up`, dark chocolate with dry cocoa.Smells divine but is not as tasteful as she thought.Some time later we can enjoy flowers too but as it happens in another Amouages they are very well blended and difficult to recognize.
So there are two sides of a coin.Lilac Love is a dream in a bottle, high class, eastern masterpiece.Smart, well blended and dreamy.And yes, it`s like unexpected love producing endorphines and making everybody smile.
But it`s also a bit overpriced with average lasting power.Also sillage is not the best one as the scent rather touches your skin than produces a cloud.

Looking at the notes, I expected to like it, well I don't like it at all..it is very middle eastern in its composition, to the point that it smells like it has aoud somewhere...the cocoa is dry and bitter, the top notes are a blast of earthy and sharpness..only in the base does it get powdery, with a soapy edge, and softer...glad I bough a sample, this isn't for me'! It has something of a Turkish dessert I agree...thick, and unisex...just not a pretty smell to my nose..

hadassa
hadassa

Lovely! I was surprised that it isn't particularly gourmand, - the cacao note does not bring much of sugariness into the composition, - rather powdery texture.

Lilac here also isn't a real-life, in-your-face kind of scent, but it certainly is a masterful abstract sketch of this amazing, beautiful and fragrant plant.

I do feel the signature Amouage DNA in the background, which I also feel in Honour, Sunshine, Epic and Lyric. If someone will tell you Amouage have gone too far from their legacy, don't listen ;) It definitely smells like Amouage.

It's fresh, I sense a great deal of gardenia and peony in it, and vanilla is not prominent here at all. The overall impression is slightly sweet-tart-and-sour, and powdery.

The base is tonka, orris and, pronouncedly so, patchouli, but not in a head shop way, somehow it is very harmonious here.

Love it, it's very wearable and simple in a good way. Longevity and sillage - more than satisfactory, and much better than those of my Epic and Lyric (magnetic caps edition).

The prices are deadly, but quality and versatility are definitely there. Easily can be worn during daytime, signature-worthy as well.

myra83
myra83

similar to opium black but lack sweetnes as opium black.. longevity also short. lack quality but in higher price.. preffer old amouage collection even they reformula but the niche quality is still there. unlike lilac love similar to most supermarket counter smilar to others. not worth...

MissMichu
MissMichu

I just noticed lucky scent has this now for sale and samples. I liked it. Thought I'd love this perfume tho. Everyone else adores it but I was underwhelmed. Not that it's not good. It's lovely. A strong like

rhaineclayton

Got to test this one today!
Wow! It really shows what an art form perfumery can be.
This one drifts in and out of different notes. It starts with a big blast of cacao, which takes a while to mellow.
Once that settles I get something powdery but with an underlying freshness that borders on soapiness but never gets there (thankfully). This is probably what gives the impression of lilacs.
It's not a powerhouse fragrance - stays pretty close to the skin.
Very well done and unique, but worth $500? Unfortunately, no (not for me anyway).

rhaineclayton

Mona-Jo - don't trust the testers on Ebay! I bought one (I used Paypal, just to be safe, because I figured there'd be a chance it's fake) and it's definitely FAKE! They take the photos from the best angles (or use a stock image) but when you see it in real life, it's really obvious.
The perfume inside? Smells ok actually, but I'm not sure what it is actually supposed to smell like because it was a blind buy. I would say the scent fits the description, but being a fake I'm not sure I want to spray it on my skin after what I've read about the ingredients they use for fake perfumes :(

Cherry_Darling
Cherry_Darling

The combination of lilac and chocolate is a bit perverse for me. Won't be on my buy list.

I have 100+ niche samples for swap within Europe - updated spreadsheet of samples on my profile, get in touch!

MysticRose
MysticRose

I never really cared for Amouage, I find their scents to be far too complicated for their own good but this changed everything. Lilac Love is a powdery floral gourmand that is sweet and alluring yet light and feminine. On my skin this is a rich jasmine, cocoa and tonka scent with nuances of peonies, vanilla and sandalwood. It is creamy and undeniably sexy. I honestly cannot get enough of this, the staying power is moderate ~ 5 hours on my skin. It initially projects quite well but then dies down to a skin scent. The price is a tad dear, £260 for 100 ml! Sadly, I love it enough to spend that much. I was lucky enough to obtain 2 samples of this, so for now I will keep testing it and will most likely take the rather expensive plunge and acquire a full bottle. Well played Amouage, 9/10. {knocked off a point because of the price and lack of availability of other sizes}

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

Weird. I was prepared for this to "NOT" be a lilac perfume by some reviews. So, I just opened my mind to a vague "lilacish" abstract perfume. And it was. It is VERY different from the typical Amouage lineup (which I think is fantastic--I love so many of their offerings).

It is not heavy, large, loud, or sexy. This scent does indeed pair lilac with chocolate. Disconcerting to say the least. I found it more gourmand and very light, an immediate skin scent, and that surprised me given Amouage. I sprayed a few times during the day--very low silage on me and absolutely zero longevity. I think this is a scent that may have new aroma chemicals in it that cannot be picked up by the nose easily (or my nose) because within half an hour, I really cannot smell it; it wisps from time to time, but is not like most scents where I can just smell the inside of my wrist and voila. No, this just disappears, only to vaguely, faintly reappear later. This aspect I'm truly not fond of. I like my juices to "be there" and present as most Amouages are. Too, I really doused myself in this for the THIRD time yesterday, and went out for an evening "with the gals." Not one person commented, or noticed. Most of my gal-pals will notice something, and comment positively or negative--they didn't even pick up on it. I would have to spray this like some kind of 60's Aqua net hairspray for 10 minutes on a beehive hairdo for the fragrance to take--you know just swirling and twirling the can!

Now, the scent itself moves between gourmand and lilac with every passing breeze. I do not absolutely adore soliflores, and I generally do not just wear a particular flower (whether rose or gardenia), but I have a fondness for lilacs as they grew on our property as a child. I knew this "wasn't" a lilac in the Highland of Rochester vein, so okay. But this is just odd and strange--not a scrubber, but definitely not FB. For chocolate lovers, this is very light--it's not going to be a dark chewy chocolate--but evanescent.

TRY before you buy--and try it several times.

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

I've seen quite a few testers of this around eBay and such, if anyone is interested.

Soofiya
Soofiya

کسی تو ایران سراغ داره این عطر آمواج رو؟من میخوامش

DR521
DR521

This is an extremely pretty perfume. I get a bewitching cool lilac note, seemingly a mirage concocted of other floral notes, that takes the sweet edge off a sexy dirty spicy vanilla tonka orris heart. On me the lilac is prominent as an ingredient. The feel is like a gourmand sweet, built with many layers of flavor instead of relying on sugar for its satisfaction. Using rosewater as a metaphor, this is like a lilac-water infused cocoa dusted white chocolate, with a delicately spiced vanilla tonka creme center. The lilac makes this perfume a perfume and extremely wearable, it's floral is the dominant part of the sillage for at least the first hour softened by the cocoa vanillic notes lying closer to the skin. When the gourmand heart takes over it retains a cool, less-sweet impression from the floral notes. It wafts gorgeous vanillic sweetness in a still yet later stage that still retains good projection and sillage hours later. It ends in a golden vanilla meringue whisper. Complex, satisfying, long lasting.

Magdalena23
Magdalena23

An oriental delight! Powerful and majestic! Hot,syrupy,buttery "baklava",in the hands of a beautiful,sensual woman,dressed in burgundy silk,bathed in rose water and spices...
Don't expect lilacs.What you'll get is the magic,the soul and the essence of the East.Excellent longevity and projection!
Close your eyes and enjoy the sensual journey...

Exenidi
Exenidi

Guys there is no lilac in the notes, because there is NO lilac.. The lilac is an accidental note (at least it seems) in here - or so very superficial - that transcends with a speed of light into a warm chocolate gourmand ... It's very soft and nice and so very similar to Roja Dove Amore Mio: perhaps two masters had met for breakfast at a ski resort and both picked hot cocoa from the drinks menu, inspirationally guided towards their newest creations.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Just sniffed this beauty in the world's most exclusive department store in Knightsbridge.

It is a very well balanced and lovely feminine composition. Not a siren but a cosy cashmere type of confident aura that will no doubt envelop you in a 24 hr soft skin scent men will fall in love with.

It is slightly gourmand due to the cocoa (I also do get a bit of coconut) and Vanilla but it is never cloying or overly sweet.

Perhaps, in order to be more 'literal lilac' it would have required a more green and fresh opening, but I do not think it was intended to ever be just a literal botanic lilac. For the lovers of the latter, I would recommend Aerin Lauder's "Lilac Path".

Another scent I highly rate to cross-reference and compare it with is the outstanding and slightly more sweet and wetter Ex Nihilo "Sweet Morphine", which is more of a bombastic triangle of lilac, mimosa and iris.

This one here is all about Heliotrope meets peonies paired with vanilla-milk (lactones) gardenia on a creamy cashmere bed of sandalwood, orris and tonka.

All these creations are gorgeous and masterpieces in their own right, it just depends what you feel more appealing to wear. And that is your own decision.

Very good release, again for Amouage, who I think has now finally proved that they can do more than just outstanding frankincense themes.

Verdict: 8.5/10

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

"Lilac Love"? Why isn't lilac listed then? Still, it looks like the first Amouage I will desire, I guess...:)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Amouage Lilac Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Amouage Lilac Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lilac Love by Amouage. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lilac Love by Amouage represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.