Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

The Library Collection Opus VI Amouage for women and men

The Library Collection Opus VI Amouage for women and men
dislike

The Library Collection Opus VI Amouage for women and men Pictures

Opus VI, presented as a romantic fragrance creating its own vivid memories, is a woody amber oriental, inspired by the traditional medicine for broken hearts, amber.  But whereas traditional amber is created through balsamic raw materials, creative director Christopher Chong approaches this most traditional concept through a modern lens, fusing synthetic molecules with a decidedly modern olfactory profile, such as Ambranum and Z11. This supposedly helps create a discordant effect which is not unlike the emotional frame of when someone tries to forget the memories of a heartache! According to Chong: " Personal memories are a fragmented journey into our lives. A source of profound knowledge, a sort of secret diary in the minds of each of us".

top: Sichuan pepper, incense, Pimenta aracemosa (bay rum)
heart: periploca graeca (silk vine), cypriol (cyperus oil), patchouli
base: ambranum, Z11, Cistus ladanifer (rock rose), sandalwood The Library Collection Opus VI was launched in 2012.

Incense West Indian Bay Sichuan Pepper

Silk Vine or Milk Broom Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha Patchouli

Labdanum Sandalwood Amber

The Library Collection Opus VI Fragrance Reviews

nanomira
nanomira

I am a huge Amouage fan (4 of my top 5 perfumes are Amouage), so I hate to say that for me is Opus VI revolting. It smells like an insecticide or something equally toxic. It has got quite a hang time. I had to wash it several times, and I still could smell it.

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

Oud? What oud?!

I get sweet, spicy Amber, then some kind of rich rose, incense, sandalwood, and then a mellow suede-like Amber glow once again.

At first, I was worried this was going to be way too sweet for me, but like others have said, apply a little less aggressively and you'll get the full effect of the other well-blended notes coming to the surface.

Strangely, it's both light and dense at times, maybe depending on what your nose chooses to focus on. But because of this complexity, I think it's versatile for nearly year round wear. Maybe a little intense if oversprayed in the summertime...so use caution, of course.

Price? Yes, this one can be pricey. But Opus VI isn't full of empty promises. It delivers and is generous with both projection and longevity. You just have to know how to shop this one. There's no reason you have to pay full retail, even though it's worth it.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Powerful opening of flowers in a rich, dense, poisonous and sticky aroma, with a dark base of amber, resins and frankincense with an animalic heart (it almost smells like castoreum!). Some dark leafy green accents, gloomy and bitter. Quite a bold and decadent blend, raw and intriguing. The rose note emerges better as minutes pass, but overall, at least on my skin, it remains a really dark, thick and sticky blend, which after a while gets a weird, stale and frankly a bit unpleasant smell. Basically it's a rose drowned in a lacustrine, dense potion, with spices (saffron, cumin, cloves?) and something green – poisonous, embracing green – with an elusive, still present, super-dark base. As minutes go by it then slowly "opens" and blossoms, smelling more and more herbal and medicinal until the amber base comes in light, which is still however partially entangled in that thick, oily "web" which I honestly do not like – it was fascinating after at first, the problem is that it just does not go away, and after a while I kind of wished it did. So overall I'd say it's just a half success, charming at first, then frankly becomes an undefined, cloying spicy/medicinal blend, a bit un-structured and a bit unpleasant. Still interesting and worth a try, but absolutely, for me, not worth the price tag!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Opus VI is such a seductive scent without necessarily being sexual or sensual, but rather a sensory invitation to empty the mind and throw the receptors wide open.

The choice of ingredients here leads me on a trail of curiosity, where the my scent buds that have been desensitized by overused notes are teased awake by uncommon elements.

In my opinion, bay leaf is not used enough in perfumery, and the opening of Opus VI delivers this note in its fresh, green state rather than dry herb. Incense is also prominent as sweetness enters in, then softened by labdanum with its botanical muskiness.

Cypriol and sichuan pepper add a spicy glow which is fresh and piquant. I'm not finding a whole lot on silk vine, although I understand that the plant has a milky sap. Such plants I relate to as being poisonous with a 'cotton-mouth' vibe--medicinal at the very least.

The usual patchouli, amber and sandalwood base give Opus VI a satisfying base which pulls all the unfamiliarities together, with a shadow of labdanum morphing into its faintly sour, musky, ambery resin.

Opus VI is an enticing scent journey that finishes as an uplifting, well balanced and wearable fragrance. A beguiling chapter in the Library Collection.

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Opus Vi is Class and Sophistication in a Bottle.

Opening is Mix of Incense, Spices and Amber and projection is medium .

As it comes to Middle Notes it starts projecting even more and Amber comes to the Fore with Spice and Incense in the background.

Dry down is just Splendid as labdanum ,Sandalwood also come into Play and You feel like A Sophisticated Prince.

I feel it is crime if you just wear it Casually .Please dress yourself with some Sophistication before you put on this master piece .This is Best Amouage I have ever tried and I have tried most of them. It is beast Mode Fragrance.

moosa
moosa

I've tested some of amouage library collection.Some of them are really good and i decided to buy this first.
I can say this is the best perfume from amouage,openning and drydown both are great and i really like it.
it smells like burnt wood with lovely sweetness.
overall 10/10:)
Update:
when i use more than three sprays i get different drydown which is more spicy but maximum 3 sprays gives me better result which i like it.

Vmakarov
Vmakarov

Well, It is just a masterpiece! So beautiful, oud -amber effect on woody base. Very elegant, quite bright, gorgeous! Hi class scent with own recognizable face.
Amazing. One of my favorite scents ever.
12/10 :-)

ularewolf
ularewolf

This is the first scent I have smelled from Amouage, but after this I must smell more of their stuff.

The opening I do not care too much for, because the mixture of smokiness, green quality and spiciness is a bit odd to my nose. I love all of those notes, but separately rather than all at the forefront. I'm assuming Cypriol Oil has something to do with this.

But after a half hour or so, the sweet ambery accord starts to show its face, backed by the creaminess of sandalwood. It really begins to even this fragrance out and it smells of pure quality and beauty.

And about the longevity... Well, I sprayed this on my wrist three nights ago, and the next two days I was wondering what I kept smelling every time I would put my hand to my face... Then I remembered I sprayed this on my wrist. Mind you, I have taken showers and washed my hands a considerable amount of times, and it's STILL there!

This is the most beast-mode longevity fragrance I have come to meet, and if you end up wearing this on your skin, not to mention clothes, expect to commit to this for days afterwards. This is not a SOTD, this is a SOTW.

It really does even out to be a fantastic fragrance, full of sweetness (but not overly sweet by any means), creaminess, and just flat out insane power mode.

A 3.4 oz would probably last me a life time, because I don't think I could go past two sprays with this one, especially in tropical climate.

UPDATE: Going on 5 days and I can STILL smell it on my wrist! Unbelievable!

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

AMOUAGE OPUS VI definitely stands to it words.!
Its absolutely gorgeous winter scent..
Heavy dose of Amber i cam detect at the initial spray with some smoke.The oud is prominent here but in a subtle way.
I like the way it projects and last quite a long time on my skin and on clothes its just sticks say for around 3-4 days.
I dont know but I adore each and every Scent of Amouage.
Loads of love for this gem !!!
Enjoy folks

matty64
matty64

I wore this to a outdoors concert and damn I smelled great. Some got onto my shirt and it was still there even after laundry day. The secret to this awesome creation, less is more.

williamvargas
williamvargas

I am a fan of this one, really a beautiful enticing scent. been wearing it for awhile now, really enjoying this one. wish I had more of it. two thumbs up. just on my forearm in the beginning it was love at first sniff. well done. this one could easily become a favorite of mine. trying not to overapply but one of those you would like to share.
a spicy but warm fragrance , great scent trail.. sample this if you can.
not sure if I would want to purchase this or just keep a small sample around in case I want to wear it. trying some other amouages out.

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

Beautifully done!!! Presentation, bottle and box. Fragrance is ........Incredible. Thanks, Amouage.

Hmmm...Kind of boozy right out of the bottle, reminded me of a kilian rum opening that dies away quickly and it becomes an all too familiar amber/incense fragrance.
I think that booziness is the amber and sharpness from the labnanum perhaps?
Stings my nose a little but I quite like it, has that kingly vibe. Could've sworn there would be oud & rose in here but not according to the notes listed.
Not up to par for Amouage's flair for individuality but as a fragrance very nice and they(by they I mean different perfumers everytime) can't come up with something totally unique on each outing...and I completely understand it. For me this is quite similar to two recent additions to my collection, By Kilian Incense Oud and striaght to heaven which share some similar notes (including cardamom which I think is in here.)
As this dries down it's less like a rose/oud thing and more of deep amber vibe on reflection.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Extremely potent. Smokey-amber-oud combination. Yet there is NO amber at all present in the actual composition of this fragrance. I applied two sprays of this beast and after 10 hours at work, someone asked me why I had just reapplied a fragrance at the end of the shift....! It is that strong...one bottle would literally last you 10 plus years if you are not an oversprayer. Once I sprayed this 4 times and it induced one of the worst migraines I've ever had...The potency of this juice is unmatched. Black Afgano looks like a eau de cologne compared to Opus VI. Very pricy but can be found on sites like Fragrancenet.com if you are lucky...

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I think this is FANTASTIC. That makes two "WOW" samples for me this week. The other one was JEKE by Slumberhouse.

Opus V1 is difficult for me to describe. The best way I can describe it is Arabian "Fresh". RAKKAN by Swiss Arabian comes to mind when I smell this. You get all the elements of a heavy Arabian Fragrance spices,wood,oud etc. but it isn't heavy or dark like you would expect from those types of ingredients. Instead Amouage made it into a very "light" fresh citrus type fragrance but with HUGE complexity and depth yet never falling into an abyss.

The longevity and sillage are superb. I want this ! However it is very expensive. I'd have a very hard time deciding between a new pair of Persol Sunglasses or a bottle of this juice. The sunglasses would give me many years of use while the cologne would drop me off the roller coaster within 2 maybe 3 months.

For guys with bucks only or for value minded collectors as well ? Tough question to answer.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A synthetic amber mess. There are plenty of better amber offerings out there. Disappointing for the price point. (87)

Saeidreza
Saeidreza

I blind bought this because some people said its similar to Puredistance M and I must say it DOES NOT. Its very similar to City Oud which u can get for less than a one third of price! Arabic aroma for sure, I get mostly Oudy wood, Rose (something in this smells like rose to me I don't know I don't have the best nose), some Amber and little Incense. Lots of middle eastern Arab perfumes which u can order on ebay smell same but for fraction of the price! Even many Montale's Oud offering smell better or similar to this.Very Disappointed.

INJEN

I have tried all of the opus line except for #7 . They are all very fine fragrances but Opus VI was the fragrance of my choice . It last way over 35hrs on me I think 3 sprays is way too much . Since I recognize more than a few times ppl who got in contact with me were sneezing . I love it and most of the women find it charming .

partan.iran
partan.iran

خیلی خوشمزه و دوستداشتنی هست
5دقیقه اول میگی تنده بوش یا یه جوریه که این برای امواج عادیه
ولی وقتی میگذره ازش،به به
ته بوی شیرین
یک نوع بویی که تلخیه ملایمی و شیرینی جوری با هم در پیکارند که حس گس بودن هم کمی میکنیم.
این بو یک شیرینی شاهانه ای داره!!حس اعتماد به نفس میده و ضمن سنگین بودن زیبا و دلنشین هم هست.
ضمنا به نظرم مدرن هم هست.
یک کم که بیشتر میگذره بوی پچولی خیلی ملایم اون در میاد و با شیرینی مخلوطی از عشق رو میده!
شیرینیش خیلی لطیفه
یه ته بوی کاملا چوبی هم هست توی رایحه اما میدونین چه چوبی؟ یه چوب خوشمزه و نازنازی!! این خاک ارره هایی که از این چوبهای سفید توی این نجاریا پیدا میشه که خیلی بوی خوشمزه ای داره! .
پخش بو و دوامشم که باعث میشه فقط بگی دمت گرم آمواج با این موندگاری

I can't help but admire the potency of Amouage fragrances. This heavy hitter is perfect for a cold, wintry day, especially if you love smoky, thick and resinous scents.

Opus VI does have some masculine tendencies, however I believe that a woman could easily wear this. The bay leaf accord is quite prominent, followed by some spicy and earthy notes like labdanum, patchouli, incense and amber.

For some reason, Opus VI is reminding me of Chanel's Coromandel. I can spot the differences, but they both have a similar feel.

Like most Amouage fragrances, Opus VI has that distinctive Arabic aroma. One spritz of this fragrance can mentally transport you to far off places; like picturing yourself amidst a busy spice market or in a sacred temple paying your respects to ancient gods.

I find the Opus collection far more enjoyable than the regular Amouage line up. I'm particularly fond of the gender-less marketing approach towards this series.

I wouldn't say that Opus VI is for everyone, as it does pack quite a punch and is extremely heavy, spicy and smoky. However, if you adore most Amouage fragrances, then you'll more than likely enjoy this 2012 release.

shivers33
shivers33

If familiar with Amouage, you know that the quality is undeniable! As it should be, for the price you pay. I personally love Opus VI. Be sure to wear that jewel properly! One or two sprays go a long way.

alepoz84
alepoz84

Non è un Profumo...l'essenza dell'oriente ....anche se il prezzo circa 220€ forse sono un po tanti per l'uso massiccio di molecole di sintesi.....

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * * *

Opening: Magnificent! Incense, labdanum, spice, benzoin or ambergris. A plush palace lined with old tapestries and priceless carpets.

Middle: My God, it is actually getting even better! Now the true amber/labdanum scent emerges, merging perfectly with the incense. It is unlike any other amber I have ever experienced--authentic, rich, animalic. The spice notes are still there, but they are changing. It is the pepper! Delicious, warm. Vanilla is in this, too--I swear it.

Dry Down: This is where Opus VI reveals itself as a masterpiece. Patchouli, Vanilla, Amber, Labdanum, Spice, a bit of Sandalwood, and an unidentifiable (to my nose anyway) flower. This is the scent of a man of honor, achievement, and rich experience. A king with a tender heart.

The brilliant and almost-never-wrong Kafkaesque did not appreciate Opus IV, owing mainly to what she described as a "goatish labdanum." I can't say that I detect any hircinous notes, but if they are there, then I say "bravo!" The ancient method of collecting labdanum was to sheer the beards, legs, and undercarriages of goats who trod amongst it. In fact, the false beards of the ancient Pharaohs were said to be made of the finest goat-hair, doused in natural labdanum.

Part of the appeal of this scent is is its deep, earnest respect for tradition. Amouage has been careful not to allow itself to be pigeonholed as an "Arab perfume maker." This may be the most straightforwardly "Arab" fragrance they have yet produced...and I love them for it. If this is a scent built around integrity and reverence for tradition, then why shouldn't it include the authentic animalic notes that have always been a part of labdanum, at least until the advent of the chemical age?

Look, let me put it this way: I am someone who is never satisfied. Even if the perfect situation falls into my lap, I find fault with it, pick it apart, and am perfectly capable of convincing myself to walk way. I have tried to do this with Opus VI to no avail.

The numbers:

Sillage: 4.5/5
It is not a Montale-like sillage, invading every nook and cranny of the room, but it wafts gently around you throughout the day.
10 hours of good projection on my skin, and it lingers until aggressively washed off in the shower.

INJEN

Yea i just baught this one and man I have to say Amouage never diasapoints me . I love it just like all of the other Amouage men fragrance .

oman1234

The best perfume for winter and spring. Works for night occasions also

O2
O2

عطر مميز وغريب في رائحته التي تخفي بهاراته !

ثبات وفوحان عالي

tymanski
tymanski

I have a few Amouages - Jub XXV, Epic, Interlude - and thought this was enough; it couldn't get any better, right? The previous Opus offerings were hit n miss but nothing great. Opus VI really had me at first sniff. Didn't want to get yet another Amouage, so I sampled it again, and again, looking for aspects I didn't like. The opposite happened, and I knew I had to bite the bullet. I could do without the resplendent packaging, but this is one impressively constructed experience, not merely a scent. It shifts almost constantly in weight and perception. The longevity is nuclear. The patchouli is very subtle but it literally sizzles with the incense - WOW! yes, I bought it. And I love it.

Roge'
Roge'

Pure Ostentatiousness!! Opus VI wears like a cloak of elegance. A well behaved scent that is never too loud and not at all sexist. Reserved only for the "distinguished" gentlemen or skirt. Anything else would be uncivilized!!!

*BLIND BUY WORTHY AWARD*

جمال رائحة
صالح للمناسبات الرسمية

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

I'm picking up a strong peppery incense note that smells like dry burnt wood coupled with a fresh spicyness. As time goes by the fragrance sweetens just a little bit with amber and other notes adding to the mix.

This fragrance is very complex and strong and smells quite exotic. I like this one.

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

If King Faisal from Lawrence of Arabia, ever wore a scent it has to be this one, rich, opulent and classy 10/10.

fragking
fragking

By far the best of the library collection, love this one..

fahad-55

REALY REALY I CAN IT STOP SNIFF THIS ONE AND
IT LAST FOR A LONG TIME AND WITHOUT ANY
exaggeration IT LASTS FOR TWO DAYS WITHOUT
ANY CHANGING IN THE SMELL,VERY POWERFUL
PERFUME AND IT DESERVE THE PRICE.

velb95
velb95

EN
It's a really rarity in these days to find niche perfume without Oud nuance. This one is the good non Oud creation: addictive, strong and balmy. But, to tell you the truth, I personally prefer much less amber in my fragrance. It's not a masterpiece. Sure I could be wrong, but I think that is a poor imitation of Guerlain's Heritage.

After all only Opus 1, 2 and 3 was really original inventions. I think that Arab company should produce perfumes following the wonderful Arabic traditions in this field and not to imitate the French ones.

IT
È una vera rarità nei giorni nostri di riuscir trovare un profumo di nicchia senza le trace di Oud. Opus VI è una creazione buona assolutamente senza Oud: coinvolgente, forte e mitico. Ma, a dire la verità, io personalmente preferisco molto meno ambra nel mio profumo. Comunque non è un capolavoro di Amouage. Certo, potrei sbagliarmi, ma penso che sia una cattiva imitazione di Heritage di Guerlain.

Dopo tutto solo Opus 1, 2 e 3 erano davvero delle invenzioni originali di Amouage. Penso che una compagnia araba dovrebbe produrre i profumi, seguendo le meravigliose tradizioni arabe in questo campo e non tentare di imitare quelle francesi.

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

This is why Amouage is so opulent, the array of aroma here is truly amazing.. From aromatic woods to deep oriental spices and lasting power fit for a king, this is more man than woman, more powerful but still very beautiful..

badr234
badr234

the best perfume ever I 've just bought one .....

zahra
zahra

This is a magnificent perfume with a unique set of fragrance notes that play between sweet and spicy and woody. Cardamom comes to mind every time I wear it.
The sillage is really good and so is the potency that last longer than the average perfume.

A must-have for the Amouage lover.

The Library Collection Opus VI by Amouage 4.16 out of 5 based on 193 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Amouage The Library Collection Opus VI fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Amouage The Library Collection Opus VI, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Library Collection Opus VI by Amouage. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Library Collection Opus VI by Amouage represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.