Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

The Library Collection Opus VI Amouage for women and men
dislike

smoky
The Library Collection Opus VI Amouage for women and men Pictures

Opus VI, presented as a romantic fragrance creating its own vivid memories, is a woody amber oriental, inspired by the traditional medicine for broken hearts, amber.  But whereas traditional amber is created through balsamic raw materials, creative director Christopher Chong approaches this most traditional concept through a modern lens, fusing synthetic molecules with a decidedly modern olfactory profile, such as Ambranum and Z11. This supposedly helps create a discordant effect which is not unlike the emotional frame of when someone tries to forget the memories of a heartache! According to Chong: " Personal memories are a fragmented journey into our lives. A source of profound knowledge, a sort of secret diary in the minds of each of us".

top: Sichuan pepper, incense, Pimenta aracemosa (bay rum)
heart: periploca graeca (silk vine), cypriol (cyperus oil), patchouli
base: ambranum, Z11, Cistus ladanifer (rock rose), sandalwood The Library Collection Opus VI was launched in 2012.

Incense West Indian Bay Sichuan Pepper

Silk Vine or Milk Broom Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha Patchouli

Labdanum Sandalwood Amber

Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea
Misterioso
Myrrhe Impériale

The Library Collection Opus VI Fragrance Reviews

mmmmgood

I like different perfumes for different reasons...but this scent and Opus V, may very well be the best fragrances in my entire 'wardrobe'. And Opus V & VI (and VII, as well), are the heaviest scents I own, hands down.

both V & VI, give me every single thing that I look for in a fragrance, be it niche or designer. I actually took a liking to V, before VI. This one grew on me, and now I know in my gut, there is no way I could ever NOT like this one. Ive even made the mistake of applying too much of it (6 sprays...completely unnecessary), and got a stomach ache and a headache, at the same time...AND STILL!!!..when I recovered, I became an even bigger fan. of its sheer elegance and power.

far too many 'noses', fail in the most important facets of perfume making. But the designer will ask for a lot of money, just the same. Amouage does not indulge in such bullshit, in my opinion. If there is a company out there that gives you more bang for your buck, its definitely Amouage.

projection...longevity...sillage...and very solid note construction, is basically what this scent is known for. It literally took my breath away, the first time I sniffed a tester @ Scent Bar, in LA. And a common fragrance sniffer (my cousin, who was with me, the day I first smelled it in Scent Bar) will tell you it smells like a very high grade incense. (which isnt a negative comment at all).

its surreal..it has depth..its also thought-provoking, where it forces you to THINK about why it smells so damn good. And you know you're dealing with a true blue niche scent, when everything about it, smells organic and palpable.

there are very, very few scents made as well, with the kind of mass appeal that Amouage/Opus VI, has. Ive smelled the vintage, YSL/M7..and tho' this scent doesnt smell like it, a comparison can be made as to M7 being a 'Holy Grail' among designer scents. People, talk about that vintage juice in very hushed and reverent tones.

and now, Opus VI has supplanted M7, in my opinion, regarding why and how, it should be put in its own catagory. It has no peer and nothing smells like this. A perfect scent. And tho' Ive never been to Bangladesh or Egypt, when I wear this stuff, I imagine, Im living in an exotic place, where Ive just bought some body oil that smells like Opus VI, in the nook of an outdoors, spice market..sold to me, by some incredibly old shaman-type, who has one good eye, while the other eye is covered in a milky glaze...he also has one tooth in his head and a very deep, raspy voice. And were it not for how desperate I was to buy this oil, he'd scare the hell outta me.

ask yourself, if there is anything in the inventory of Azzaro or Calvin Klein, that can evoke that kind of image in your minds' eye.

landshark321
landshark321

A great example of an Amouage beast fragrance living up to the hype. Opus VI is the first of the library collection that I've sampled, and is fittingly the first as it's the most hyped so far, hailed as a cold weather masterpiece.

Opus VI is a bit of a chameleon since, in its essence, it's a mix of incense, amber, and pepper, but it certainly seems like there's some underlying complexity that I cannot identify that easily. It feels urbane, sophisticated, something to be reserved for evenings and formal occasions, but not just to be worn out casually, and certainly only to be worn in the colder months in my opinion.

Performance is superior---a strong blast from the onset without signs of slowing down hours into wearing, and one that seems like it'll cling all day. Apply carefully.

It's sufficiently biting and dirty that I wouldn't given it the absolute highest marks, but Opus VI is surely on my list of acquisitions as far as cold weather fragrances, but for down the road. Despite its hefty retail pricing of $355 for 100ml, it's available for US customers at FragranceNet and BeautySpin for $160, very much on par with the pricing of other Amouage fragrances.

8 out of 10

Buckeye
Buckeye

Potent, rich, graceful, powerful, and confident. This fragrance demands respect. Indescribable and unbelievably luxurious spicy fragrance. +24 hours longevity. Beautiful.

dudapol
dudapol

Leather, on which scattered spices. And in 3-4 hours it is Epic man!!!

FragranceAndFashion
FragranceAndFashion

This smells exactly like bentley intense.

Royal_Ksa
Royal_Ksa

عطري عنبري فخم ومناسب للمناسبات الكبرى .. مميز و أنيق ولكن يحتاج إلى أجواء بارده لكي يُبدع .

كامل متكامل 10/10

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Almost citrus like aromatic note supported by a soft, cuddly amber. The amber isn't your typical vanilla-like amber but a soft, powdery sweetness that reminds me of Perfume Calligraphy Rose. The amber definitely takes a back seat to the tart herbaceous heart, though. A grand, stately fragrance. If this is a library, it's an ancient library in the east, filled with the wisdom of the ancient world. Remains fairly linear although the amber fades - the cetalox-like green note stays strong, though. Not exaclty my style note-wise but meticulously and beautifully done. All the Amouage fragrances I've tried have a lush opulence and classic, timeless feel and this one is no exception. If you want to project wealth and taste, wear an Amouge.

purecaramel
purecaramel

Probably because my reference Amber is 114 and a collection of Middle Eastern Resinous Oils, I find Opus Six more of a Frankincense, High Quality Synthetic concoction.
The Ambranum, Z11 (Whatever that is)and Chinois Pepper combine to provide an irritant that tickles my Carnal Nerve Centers and a heat to draw my breath away.
A Citrus note balances with counterpoint, to highlight a gorgeous, non bitter and dusty Frankincense.
Lovely.

Russian's man
Russian's man

IMO Opus VI it's constructed around the axis ''amber and sandalwood''. It's one of the most warm fragrances that I have ever smelled. Another notes that I perceive are the sichuan pepper and patchouli.

Opus VI it's very opulent and thick fragrance. IMO it's something more masculine that feminine since has a marked ''dry woody'' character. Suitable for Autumn and Winter.

Scent: 8
Longevity: 9
Projection: 8
Sillage: 8
Uniqueness: 7
Versatility: 6

Overall: 7,66

matty64

Yep, I wore this a few times and it is a monster! No lie, this masterpiece creates its own heat on your body. So, caution to the wise, spray modestly or reap the whirlwinds of disaster! I'm not kidding people! Matty

the_badger

It takes character to wear Opus VI. The first time I sprayed this I was repulsed and never went back, until now. And believe me, it smells better from a distance. Its a very heavy, opulent and niche perfume, connoting a person with a lot of power and wealth.

Hotaxis
Hotaxis

عطری مجلل ،رایحه ای منحصر بفرد، شیرینی عنبر و رایحه ادویه ها به همراه بوی دود ملایم و معطر شکوه این عطر است
پخش بو ودوام فوق العاده این عطر نشانگری دیگر از کیفیت تولیدات امواج میباشد
برای من رایحه ای است که هرگز نتوان ترک آن نمود

The magnificent perfume ,unique scent of fragrance that is between true sweet amber and spicy notes merging with the incense.
longevity and sillage are superb, emblem of Amouage.
One of my favorite scents ever.

mo_iz
mo_iz

Time for meditation!this lovely beast is a sweet medicinal incense,after a while it becomes more woody & at the end the musky animalic tone is added, just imagine SAHARA NOIR with extra amber and herbal notes, sweet & relaxing !

Shortshanks
Shortshanks

I agree with the poster below and thankfully I don't get any sweaty armpit vibe at all. On the opening there is a fleeting almost imperceptible animalistic note but passes within minutes if not seconds.
One word can sum up this fragrance.....WOW.........how can something so perfect and rounded be bottled like this. Amouage have produced some of the most groundbreaking and incredible scents,and in my opinion this is up there with the Very best.
I sat on the fence with this one for a long time after reading so many varied reviews ,both good and bad, and can finally say how I find it, and that is a magnificent warm, slightly spicy,slightly sweet, citrusy honey Amber laced glow. The power seems to grow in intensity as the hours pass then settles finally into what can only be described as pure scent heaven. In 30 or so years of travelling the fragrance train I think I can honestly say this is up in the top tier of anything I have ever tried. this also was a blind buy, and I feel like I have won the lottery.

....Incredible.....

Scent.....10/10
Longevity...10/10
Sillage........10/10

DMS162002
DMS162002

I am in love. Hands down my favorite Amouage perfume so far. This is what I'm looking for in a perfume: warm, spicy goodness. I was worried because some reviewers reported a sweaty note but I get none of that. What's interesting is this scent is warm but also aromatic and woody. It's like the faint scent of crushed pine needles beneath the smoke and warmth. This is very powerful. Just one spray on my wrist is projecting powerfully. This was a blind buy but I have absolutely no regrets. Get this.

master81

Thanks genvy ill place my order this week for another opus vi

master81

Has this been reformulated?
i had a bottle from 2012 about to finish, and now i want to buy another one.
Has anyone bought a bottle recently made in 2015?
Is it same as the old formula, does it last and project
long?
Thanks

ali_kay
ali_kay

Hi Guys - I just bought a bottle of this online and received it this morning. The color of the perfume in the bottle seems darker than the one advertised in the pictures on websites like Selfridges. I am not sure whether that is normal or maybe the pictures on the site are not an accurate reflection. Would be grateful for any advise?

mmmmgood

to me this is what the original "Interlude Man" was before it was reformulated....this is it. The only thing missing (and Im picking nose hairs with this assessment, mind you) would be the cypriol in this. There is none in Interlude, and its apparent....this has, eternal longevity, with an extremely dense and spicy amber. Its a jaw dropper, and its actually one of the more 'wearable' scents from Amouage, which heavily indulges in 'fragrance art'. They are the "Talking Heads" and "Roxy Music" of the fragrance-sphere. Nothing mainstream about this fragrance, but it epitomizes everything you expect in a niche scent. Spraying it more than 2 times, is extremely risky. This juice is a headache in a bottle if you spray too much. I just dont see how anyone could spray it more than 3 times, and get away with it...

there are amber frags...and then there are AMBER FRAGS!...and longevity-wise, this is a monster. Ive smelled some solid amber scents in my day, but VI, is the best amber perfume, Ive run into.

the_badger

I am so glad I did not blind buy. I got a 5ml sample and was appalled by the strong civet or castoreum that totally ruined it! All the wood and spice in the world could not get my attention away from the animalic odor! I mean who wants to smell like a sweaty armpit!?

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Smelling "Opus VI", I can imagine opening an old, baize-lined cabinet, that once held jars of spice and incense, now only existing as an echo imbued in the wood.

The warm, resinous sweet tones reminded me slightly of the spiced rum opening in "Bentley For Men". Perhaps the shared bay leaf and amber give that gourmand impression?

"Opus VI" is less sweet than Bentley, with a smokier, Churchier quality, but it is delightfully smooth, rounded and inviting, with a gentle persistence.

An evocative, tranquil scent, which I would recommended to fans of "Amber Oud" by Kilian or Lubin's "Akkad".

Beyonder
Beyonder

One of the greatest fragrance I have ever bought! Definitely in my top 10

anigemini
anigemini

After some point, all I can smell is Sandalwood. If u're not fan of incence stay away. Smells good, but do I wanna smell like this? No. There is definite quailty, but not for everyone. Patience and think twice before buy it.

agnorbertheussen
agnorbertheussen

I have tested many of the OPUS. This is by far the best.

It opens delicious with sweet wood, cocos and nuts. In the heart notes it continues with different complex wood and herbs.

After a while (2 hours) it develop more sweetness. Like dry rum cask but not with the bitter. A bit floral, mixed into the sweetness. Good combination. More to masculine side than feminine.

It lasts forever, and 1 spray should be all you need for one day. I love this!

II and IV are also my favorits (a bit similar scents, woody, sweet, complex and elegant)

Gwizz
Gwizz

One of the most profound scents I've yet to have the pleasure of sitting with. But it's something you need to be in the right mood for, because this fragrance is ever present and cannot be ignored. The potency and staying power of Opus VI demand that you remain in the moment, shrouded, as it were, in this beguiling cloak of incense, amber, bay, patchouli and wood. It will transport you to the heart of life in Oman, surround you in smoke and mystery, whilst effortlessly transcending the grey melange of life. This is not something one would wear every day, nor is it something to be toyed with amongst mere mortals. This is heavy, mystical, contemplative and sure, with timeless gravitas and endless significance. A triumph in contemporary perfumery.

archivist
archivist

I disagree very strongly that this is a masculine fragrance - it is way too close to Fate Woman for that to be the case.

I own and love Fate Woman - Opus VI is damn close to it, the major differences being the omission of vanilla and jasmine in VI. This is consequently (to my nose) a brisker (very lemony patchouli in this one), cooler (nagarmotha cools the nose soooo much), more herbal/fresh reading of Fate; I love them both, and really appreciate having a "version" of Fate that is less cuddly and soft. VI is much more stoic, I will say that.

Of course, that's not exclusively a masculine trait.

I'm sure this smells differently on a man's skin than it does on a woman's - per usual. Very different skin pH and all that. On this woman, it smells fantastic, and I've never felt all that comfortable in men's fragrances - even ones that are popular with other women, like Dior Homme.

master81

My signature scent,best perfume ever bought. because I love it I bought 2 bottles at once. After applying 3 sprays on my neck and chest my wife could still smell it on my pillow 2 weeks later. very strong juice, it lasts on my skin 24 hours plus.
To me this is a 100% masculine frag, not unisex.

LadeJinadu
LadeJinadu

I bought this perfume blindly about a week ago after i ran into some money. At the time i wanted Opus III because it is the only one i had smelled from the library collection but it wasn't available at the perfume shop so i got Opus VI and boy am i glad i did.

AMOUAGE OPUS VI - THE PRINCE OF PERSIA

This is more than a scent, a fragrance, this is an experience blended with such amazing brilliance and complexity it makes me want to cry a little. It tells a story. The prince of persia

Stage 1 / first 3 hours
The prince of persia fights a man who stole a sacred painting from the temple.. An old sacred temple, the finest incense is burning.. it's strong.. there is a faint smell of an animal.. a goat or a horse.. must be the labdanum.. there is booze.. must be the criminal, he reeks of rum.. everything is supposed to be peaceful but it's not, u can sense ANGER, blood.. The prince is angry..

Stage 2 / 3 - 6 hours
The prince has left the temple and is now with his concubine he has changed to clothes only fit for a prince he is dressed in white everything is white, but he didnt shower. he smells of incense but it's not strong.. the criminal has rubbed off some of the booze on him, he smells of rum.. and incense.. he is with his concubine.. he doesn't love her but she was given to him by his father the king. he treats her with kindness but not tenderness, she likes the way he smells.. he smells rough but refined at the same time.. it's the amber.. the amber tries to calm the fire of the incense and the booze and the smoke and it succeds for a while.. but the fire lurks.. never fully going away.. , she likes it.. he doesn't smell like a spoiled prince. he smells like a king.. he is her king..

Stage 3 / 6 - 9 hours
The fire is finally reduced to ashes. the prince is back in his palace with his wife.. the woman he loves with all his heart and has loved since he was a teenager. he is naked, only she is allowed to see all of him, she smells like vanilla ice cream, his heart yearns for her.. he wants to treat her better, she deserves better.. but he is a prince.. he can show no weakness, no emotion.. there's a flower somewhere.. he couldn't help it.. he brought his wife a flower (a rose maybe?).. she knows where he has been she can smell some feminine oils on him.. she starts to cry.. he kisses her and wipes her tears off.. she melts, he then carries her and throws her on the bed in one motion.. she wonders how he can be so soft but yet so firm.. so dominant, so possesive but yet so tender..

Amouage Opus VI smells like a prince who was born into infinite opulence.. a prince with a tender heart who sees people suffer amd hurts inside.. An angry prince with a tender heart. a man of honor, an emotional and sensitive man who has learned to build strength from weakness.

Moonlitknight
Moonlitknight

Fresh green olives, diced and mixed in vanilla ice cream, that's what OPUS VI smells like to me. A very strong frag, if not careful on the trigger it will nauseate me. Just a half spray on the side of my neck will last all day. When I first got it, I put like 3 sprays before going out, big mistake!, one hour later I started to feel sick to my stomach, it literally ruined my night. When harnessed properly it is a wonderful scent, the only problem is that it only comes on 100 ML bottles, almost enough for 4 lifetimes, if interested, try to get it on a split, 30 ML should be enough for the rest of your life!

turtle91
turtle91

Holy shit this smells like pungent indian spices. Big no me. I get why people find this unique and exotic especially non asians but i dont want to smell like indian spices.

ThatMakesScents

V @ Robert - Thanks for the verification. This was going to be a signature scent for me BUT silly me I waited a year to purchase another bottle.

I so apologize for spending $355 on a second bottle. MY FAULT.

Robert Smith Junior

Scent 0/10

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

Oud? What oud?!

I get sweet, spicy Amber, then some kind of rich rose, incense, sandalwood, and then a mellow suede-like Amber glow once again.

At first, I was worried this was going to be way too sweet for me, but like others have said, apply a little less aggressively and you'll get the full effect of the other well-blended notes coming to the surface.

Strangely, it's both light and dense at times, maybe depending on what your nose chooses to focus on. But because of this complexity, I think it's versatile for nearly year round wear. Maybe a little intense if oversprayed in the summertime...so use caution, of course.

Price? Yes, this one can be pricey. But Opus VI isn't full of empty promises. It delivers and is generous with both projection and longevity. You just have to know how to shop this one. There's no reason you have to pay full retail, even though it's worth it.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Powerful opening of flowers in a rich, dense, poisonous and sticky aroma, with a dark base of amber, resins and frankincense with an animalic heart (it almost smells like castoreum!). Some dark leafy green accents, gloomy and bitter. Quite a bold and decadent blend, raw and intriguing. The rose note emerges better as minutes pass, but overall, at least on my skin, it remains a really dark, thick and sticky blend, which after a while gets a weird, stale and frankly a bit unpleasant smell. Basically it's a rose drowned in a lacustrine, dense potion, with spices (saffron, cumin, cloves?) and something green – poisonous, embracing green – with an elusive, still present, super-dark base. As minutes go by it then slowly "opens" and blossoms, smelling more and more herbal and medicinal until the amber base comes in light, which is still however partially entangled in that thick, oily "web" which I honestly do not like – it was fascinating after at first, the problem is that it just does not go away, and after a while I kind of wished it did. So overall I'd say it's just a half success, charming at first, then frankly becomes an undefined, cloying spicy/medicinal blend, a bit un-structured and a bit unpleasant. Still interesting and worth a try, but absolutely, for me, not worth the price tag!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Opus VI is such a seductive scent without necessarily being sexual or sensual, but rather a sensory invitation to empty the mind and throw the receptors wide open.

The choice of ingredients here leads me on a trail of curiosity, where the my scent buds that have been desensitized by overused notes are teased awake by uncommon elements.

In my opinion, bay leaf is not used enough in perfumery, and the opening of Opus VI delivers this note in its fresh, green state rather than dry herb. Incense is also prominent as sweetness enters in, then softened by labdanum with its botanical muskiness.

Cypriol and sichuan pepper add a spicy glow which is fresh and piquant. I'm not finding a whole lot on silk vine, although I understand that the plant has a milky sap. Such plants I relate to as being poisonous with a 'cotton-mouth' vibe--medicinal at the very least.

The usual patchouli, amber and sandalwood base give Opus VI a satisfying base which pulls all the unfamiliarities together, with a shadow of labdanum morphing into its faintly sour, musky, ambery resin.

Opus VI is an enticing scent journey that finishes as an uplifting, well balanced and wearable fragrance. A beguiling chapter in the Library Collection.

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Opus Vi is Class and Sophistication in a Bottle.

Opening is Mix of Incense, Spices and Amber and projection is medium .

As it comes to Middle Notes it starts projecting even more and Amber comes to the Fore with Spice and Incense in the background.

Dry down is just Splendid as labdanum ,Sandalwood also come into Play and You feel like A Sophisticated Prince.

I feel it is crime if you just wear it Casually .Please dress yourself with some Sophistication before you put on this master piece .This is Best Amouage I have ever tried and I have tried most of them. It is beast Mode Fragrance.9.5/10

moosa
moosa

I've tested some of amouage library collection.Some of them are really good and i decided to buy this first.
I can say this is the best perfume from amouage,openning and drydown both are great and i really like it.
it smells like burnt wood with lovely sweetness.
overall 10/10:)
Update:
when i use more than three sprays i get different drydown which is more spicy but maximum 3 sprays gives me better result which i like it.

Vmakarov
Vmakarov

Well, It is just a masterpiece! So beautiful, oud -amber effect on woody base. Very elegant, quite bright, gorgeous! Hi class scent with own recognizable face.
Amazing. One of my favorite scents ever.
12/10 :-)

ularewolf
ularewolf

This is the first scent I have smelled from Amouage, but after this I must smell more of their stuff.

The opening I do not care too much for, because the mixture of smokiness, green quality and spiciness is a bit odd to my nose. I love all of those notes, but separately rather than all at the forefront. I'm assuming Cypriol Oil has something to do with this.

But after a half hour or so, the sweet ambery accord starts to show its face, backed by the creaminess of sandalwood. It really begins to even this fragrance out and it smells of pure quality and beauty.

And about the longevity... Well, I sprayed this on my wrist three nights ago, and the next two days I was wondering what I kept smelling every time I would put my hand to my face... Then I remembered I sprayed this on my wrist. Mind you, I have taken showers and washed my hands a considerable amount of times, and it's STILL there!

This is the most beast-mode longevity fragrance I have come to meet, and if you end up wearing this on your skin, not to mention clothes, expect to commit to this for days afterwards. This is not a SOTD, this is a SOTW.

It really does even out to be a fantastic fragrance, full of sweetness (but not overly sweet by any means), creaminess, and just flat out insane power mode.

A 3.4 oz would probably last me a life time, because I don't think I could go past two sprays with this one, especially in tropical climate.

UPDATE: Going on 5 days and I can STILL smell it on my wrist! Unbelievable!

matty64

I wore this to a outdoors concert and damn I smelled great. Some got onto my shirt and it was still there even after laundry day. The secret to this awesome creation, less is more.

williamvargas
williamvargas

I am a fan of this one, really a beautiful enticing scent. been wearing it for awhile now, really enjoying this one. wish I had more of it. two thumbs up. just on my forearm in the beginning it was love at first sniff. well done. this one could easily become a favorite of mine. trying not to overapply but one of those you would like to share.
a spicy but warm fragrance , great scent trail.. sample this if you can.
not sure if I would want to purchase this or just keep a small sample around in case I want to wear it. trying some other amouages out.

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

Beautifully done!!! Presentation, bottle and box. Fragrance is ........Incredible. Thanks, Amouage.

Hmmm...Kind of boozy right out of the bottle, reminded me of a kilian rum opening that dies away quickly and it becomes an all too familiar amber/incense fragrance.
I think that booziness is the amber and sharpness from the labnanum perhaps?
Stings my nose a little but I quite like it, has that kingly vibe. Could've sworn there would be oud & rose in here but not according to the notes listed.
Not up to par for Amouage's flair for individuality but as a fragrance very nice and they(by they I mean different perfumers everytime) can't come up with something totally unique on each outing...and I completely understand it. For me this is quite similar to two recent additions to my collection, By Kilian Incense Oud and striaght to heaven which share some similar notes (including cardamom which I think is in here.)
As this dries down it's less like a rose/oud thing and more of deep amber vibe on reflection.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Extremely potent. Smokey-amber-oud combination. Yet there is NO amber at all present in the actual composition of this fragrance. I applied two sprays of this beast and after 10 hours at work, someone asked me why I had just reapplied a fragrance at the end of the shift....! It is that strong...one bottle would literally last you 10 plus years if you are not an oversprayer. Once I sprayed this 4 times and it induced one of the worst migraines I've ever had...The potency of this juice is unmatched. Black Afgano looks like a eau de cologne compared to Opus VI. Very pricy but can be found on sites like Fragrancenet.com if you are lucky...

ThatMakesScents

I think this is FANTASTIC. That makes two "WOW" samples for me this week. The other one was JEKE by Slumberhouse.

Opus V1 is difficult for me to describe. The best way I can describe it is Arabian "Fresh". RAKKAN by Swiss Arabian comes to mind when I smell this. You get all the elements of a heavy Arabian Fragrance spices,wood,oud etc. but it isn't heavy or dark like you would expect from those types of ingredients. Instead Amouage made it into a very "light" fresh citrus type fragrance but with HUGE complexity and depth yet never falling into an abyss.

The longevity and sillage are superb. I want this ! However it is very expensive. I'd have a very hard time deciding between a new pair of Persol Sunglasses or a bottle of this juice. The sunglasses would give me many years of use while the cologne would drop me off the roller coaster within 2 maybe 3 months.

For guys with bucks only or for value minded collectors as well ? Tough question to answer.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A synthetic amber mess. There are plenty of better amber offerings out there. Disappointing for the price point. (87)

Saeidreza
Saeidreza

I blind bought this because some people said its similar to Puredistance M and I must say it DOES NOT. Its very similar to City Oud which u can get for less than a one third of price! Arabic aroma for sure, I get mostly Oudy wood, Rose (something in this smells like rose to me I don't know I don't have the best nose), some Amber and little Incense. Lots of middle eastern Arab perfumes which u can order on ebay smell same but for fraction of the price! Even many Montale's Oud offering smell better or similar to this.Very Disappointed.

INJEN

I have tried all of the opus line except for #7 . They are all very fine fragrances but Opus VI was the fragrance of my choice . It last way over 35hrs on me I think 3 sprays is way too much . Since I recognize more than a few times ppl who got in contact with me were sneezing . I love it and most of the women find it charming .

partan.iran
partan.iran

خیلی خوشمزه و دوستداشتنی هست
5دقیقه اول میگی تنده بوش یا یه جوریه که این برای امواج عادیه
ولی وقتی میگذره ازش،به به
ته بوی شیرین
یک نوع بویی که تلخیه ملایمی و شیرینی جوری با هم در پیکارند که حس گس بودن هم کمی میکنیم.
این بو یک شیرینی شاهانه ای داره!!حس اعتماد به نفس میده و ضمن سنگین بودن زیبا و دلنشین هم هست.
ضمنا به نظرم مدرن هم هست.
یک کم که بیشتر میگذره بوی پچولی خیلی ملایم اون در میاد و با شیرینی مخلوطی از عشق رو میده!
شیرینیش خیلی لطیفه
یه ته بوی کاملا چوبی هم هست توی رایحه اما میدونین چه چوبی؟ یه چوب خوشمزه و نازنازی!! این خاک ارره هایی که از این چوبهای سفید توی این نجاریا پیدا میشه که خیلی بوی خوشمزه ای داره! .
پخش بو و دوامشم که باعث میشه فقط بگی دمت گرم آمواج با این موندگاری

I can't help but admire the potency of Amouage fragrances. This heavy hitter is perfect for a cold, wintry day, especially if you love smoky, thick and resinous scents.

Opus VI does have some masculine tendencies, however I believe that a woman could easily wear this. The bay leaf accord is quite prominent, followed by some spicy and earthy notes like labdanum, patchouli, incense and amber.

For some reason, Opus VI is reminding me of Chanel's Coromandel. I can spot the differences, but they both have a similar feel.

Like most Amouage fragrances, Opus VI has that distinctive Arabic aroma. One spritz of this fragrance can mentally transport you to far off places; like picturing yourself amidst a busy spice market or in a sacred temple paying your respects to ancient gods.

I find the Opus collection far more enjoyable than the regular Amouage line up. I'm particularly fond of the gender-less marketing approach towards this series.

I wouldn't say that Opus VI is for everyone, as it does pack quite a punch and is extremely heavy, spicy and smoky. However, if you adore most Amouage fragrances, then you'll more than likely enjoy this 2012 release.

shivers33
shivers33

If familiar with Amouage, you know that the quality is undeniable! As it should be, for the price you pay. I personally love Opus VI. Be sure to wear that jewel properly! One or two sprays go a long way.

alepoz84
alepoz84

Non è un Profumo...l'essenza dell'oriente ....anche se il prezzo circa 220€ forse sono un po tanti per l'uso massiccio di molecole di sintesi.....

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * * *

Opening: Magnificent! Incense, labdanum, spice, benzoin or ambergris. A plush palace lined with old tapestries and priceless carpets.

Middle: My God, it is actually getting even better! Now the true amber/labdanum scent emerges, merging perfectly with the incense. It is unlike any other amber I have ever experienced--authentic, rich, animalic. The spice notes are still there, but they are changing. It is the pepper! Delicious, warm. Vanilla is in this, too--I swear it.

Dry Down: This is where Opus VI reveals itself as a masterpiece. Patchouli, Vanilla, Amber, Labdanum, Spice, a bit of Sandalwood, and an unidentifiable (to my nose anyway) flower. This is the scent of a man of honor, achievement, and rich experience. A king with a tender heart.

The brilliant and almost-never-wrong Kafkaesque did not appreciate Opus IV, owing mainly to what she described as a "goatish labdanum." I can't say that I detect any hircinous notes, but if they are there, then I say "bravo!" The ancient method of collecting labdanum was to sheer the beards, legs, and undercarriages of goats who trod amongst it. In fact, the false beards of the ancient Pharaohs were said to be made of the finest goat-hair, doused in natural labdanum.

Part of the appeal of this scent is is its deep, earnest respect for tradition. Amouage has been careful not to allow itself to be pigeonholed as an "Arab perfume maker." This may be the most straightforwardly "Arab" fragrance they have yet produced...and I love them for it. If this is a scent built around integrity and reverence for tradition, then why shouldn't it include the authentic animalic notes that have always been a part of labdanum, at least until the advent of the chemical age?

Look, let me put it this way: I am someone who is never satisfied. Even if the perfect situation falls into my lap, I find fault with it, pick it apart, and am perfectly capable of convincing myself to walk way. I have tried to do this with Opus VI to no avail.

The numbers:

Sillage: 4.5/5
It is not a Montale-like sillage, invading every nook and cranny of the room, but it wafts gently around you throughout the day.
10 hours of good projection on my skin, and it lingers until aggressively washed off in the shower.

INJEN

Yea i just baught this one and man I have to say Amouage never diasapoints me . I love it just like all of the other Amouage men fragrance .

oman1234

The best perfume for winter and spring. Works for night occasions also

O2
O2

عطر مميز وغريب في رائحته ويختزل الدفىء المخملي عند ارتداءه
ويعطى هلة من الفخامة ويلفت الأنوف والأبصار !

tymanski
tymanski

I have a few Amouages - Jub XXV, Epic, Interlude - and thought this was enough; it couldn't get any better, right? The previous Opus offerings were hit n miss but nothing great. Opus VI really had me at first sniff. Didn't want to get yet another Amouage, so I sampled it again, and again, looking for aspects I didn't like. The opposite happened, and I knew I had to bite the bullet. I could do without the resplendent packaging, but this is one impressively constructed experience, not merely a scent. It shifts almost constantly in weight and perception. The longevity is nuclear. The patchouli is very subtle but it literally sizzles with the incense - WOW! yes, I bought it. And I love it.

Roge'
Roge'

Pure Ostentatiousness!! Opus VI wears like a cloak of elegance. A well behaved scent that is never too loud and not at all sexist. Reserved only for the "distinguished" gentlemen or skirt. Anything else would be uncivilized!!!

*BLIND BUY WORTHY AWARD*

جمال رائحة
صالح للمناسبات الرسمية

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

I'm picking up a strong peppery incense note that smells like dry burnt wood coupled with a fresh spicyness. As time goes by the fragrance sweetens just a little bit with amber and other notes adding to the mix.

This fragrance is very complex and strong and smells quite exotic. I like this one.

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

If King Faisal from Lawrence of Arabia, ever wore a scent it has to be this one, rich, opulent and classy 10/10.

fragking
fragking

By far the best of the library collection, love this one..

fahad-55

REALY REALY I CAN IT STOP SNIFF THIS ONE AND
IT LAST FOR A LONG TIME AND WITHOUT ANY
exaggeration IT LASTS FOR TWO DAYS WITHOUT
ANY CHANGING IN THE SMELL,VERY POWERFUL
PERFUME AND IT DESERVE THE PRICE.

velb95
velb95

EN
It's a really rarity in these days to find niche perfume without Oud nuance. This one is the good non Oud creation: addictive, strong and balmy. But, to tell you the truth, I personally prefer much less amber in my fragrance. It's not a masterpiece. Sure I could be wrong, but I think that is a poor imitation of Guerlain's Heritage.

After all only Opus 1, 2 and 3 was really original inventions. I think that Arab company should produce perfumes following the wonderful Arabic traditions in this field and not to imitate the French ones.

IT
È una vera rarità nei giorni nostri di riuscir trovare un profumo di nicchia senza le trace di Oud. Opus VI è una creazione buona assolutamente senza Oud: coinvolgente, forte e mitico. Ma, a dire la verità, io personalmente preferisco molto meno ambra nel mio profumo. Comunque non è un capolavoro di Amouage. Certo, potrei sbagliarmi, ma penso che sia una cattiva imitazione di Heritage di Guerlain.

Dopo tutto solo Opus 1, 2 e 3 erano davvero delle invenzioni originali di Amouage. Penso che una compagnia araba dovrebbe produrre i profumi, seguendo le meravigliose tradizioni arabe in questo campo e non tentare di imitare quelle francesi.

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

This is why Amouage is so opulent, the array of aroma here is truly amazing.. From aromatic woods to deep oriental spices and lasting power fit for a king, this is more man than woman, more powerful but still very beautiful..

badr234
badr234

the best perfume ever I 've just bought one .....

zahra
zahra

This is a magnificent perfume with a unique set of fragrance notes that play between sweet and spicy and woody. Cardamom comes to mind every time I wear it.
The sillage is really good and so is the potency that last longer than the average perfume.

A must-have for the Amouage lover.