Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Ubar Amouage for women

Ubar Amouage for women
dislike

Ubar Amouage for women Pictures Ubar Amouage for women Pictures

Ubar by Amouage is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Ubar was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Creations Aromatiques. Top notes are tangerine, orange, litsea cubeba and violet leaf; middle notes are jasmine, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, tuberose, freesia, lily-of-the-valley and palisander rosewood; base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli, vetiver, copahu balm and black amber.

Tangerine Orange litsea cubeba Violet Leaf

Jasmine Orange Blossom Ylang-Ylang Tuberose Freesia Lily-of-the-Valley Palisander Rosewood

Sandalwood Vanilla Patchouli Vetiver Copahu Balm Black Amber

Lux

Ubar Fragrance Reviews

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

I will have to review again. I love the Amouage line, and virtually all the fragrances are power-houses on me. This one smells faintly of jasmine and ylang, with a bit of other white flowers, some LOTV, very little if any black amber. I think I'm anosmic to it, because after five minutes, I simply cannot smell it, and neither can anyone else.
I purchased a 5 ml sample and have been dousing in it, even spraying my shirt, so I could come back and take a sniff of it later, but still, nothing.
It initially is an "alcohol blast" and even burns my skin, but leaves an oily residue behind. Within a few short minutes, faintly pleasant, warmly floral bouquet is left behind, lasting less than 30 minutes.
Silage=0
Longevity=0
Perfume overall: 7 - would rank higher if I could smell it more consistently or longer.
Epic and Jubiliation transfered onto my skin by my just holding the bottle, and lasted for hours. This one I will order a new sample since the notes listed are quite lovely.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 8/10
longevity :8/10
100% night fragrance

lilymorena
lilymorena

Ubar you are made for the night. After testing a lot of perfumes, one with wow factor. First a blast of civet and roses. I don't like civet but here it doesn't bother me. Citrus and something as mint appears. It is 25 degrees and I am testing this perfume in the living room with open door. My boyfriend comes in and says: "oh my I am getting dizzy and I see no flies" " I think you killed all insects around and also far away". Sorry bees but I really like this perfume so I will be sparely with my sample and just wears it in open places. Just for myself.

Betandi
Betandi

What a complex beauty! Just got my bottle yesterday. For the first sniff it was the Middle-East itself. The scent of the desert, the smell of the hot sand. 10 minutes later the flowers start to bloom and it will be a powdery, flowery miracle. It is weird but I can smell a kind of oudh as well however it is not among the notes.

On my very dry skin there is no vanilla and citruses at all but very intense sandalwood, amber and tuberose. When it is warmer the freesia feels also and the jasmine just winks out to show some youth and cheerfulness. No lily of the valley at all, but I don't even miss it.

It is a grown up perfume. I can't imagine a young lady in her twenties, thirties to wear this. This perfume is able to tell you a 1001 stories about the past, about your past.

Eos
Eos

Ubar is an animalic bombshell fragrance. Positively swoon worthy. Actually this wears fairly linearly on me, its mostly civet, ambergris, jasmine, ylang ylang and sandalwood from beginning to end. But oh, what a stunning accord this creates! Rich, floral, vintage and smooth with an overtly sensual vibe, though at times I also catch a whiff of what smells like a plush nag champa note to me. I agree with those who have said Ubar will lend the wear an aura of mystery.

As I wear Ubar, I notice that it bares a striking resemblance to Samsara. No this is not a dupe, but it is clearly of the same family---built off the same core of jasmine, ylang ylang and sandalwood. If you like one you are rather likely to like the other, though Samsara has a large dose of vanilla in the drydown and Ubar has way more animalic notes going on.

Actually the more I think about it Ubar is the half way point between Jean Patou's symphonic animalic floral named Joy and Guerlain's Samsara.

This is a powerhouse, even dabbing a small amount has produced a huge cloud of scent and sillage. DO NOT OVERSPRAY. Less is more with this one.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

أوبار
اليوم رششت بضع رشات من هذا الكنز الامواجي الرائع من أجمل عطور الفلورا الشرقية فخامة وإامتعاً هو موجه للنساء ولكني اراه موجه لعشاق امواج وعشاق الفلورا البيضاء وعشاق الاستمتاع، الفلورا مقدمه بقالب منعش حاد قليلا ولمسات فخمه من الاخشاب وتحديد خشب الصندل الرائع هنا بجانب العنبر البعيد كل البعد عن الجانب الانيماليك بالرغم انه استخدم فيه العنبر الحيواني.
يحتاج تجربة متأنية جدا للوصل لقناعة تامه كما فعلت. وطالما فصل الشتاء لم يتبقى عليه الا اشهر معدوده سيكون هذا العطر ضمن قائمة الشراء دون تردد.
والجميل انه لم يخطر في بالي عطراً شبيها له من دور اخرى.
باختصار اوبار جمال الطبيعه جسدت في عطر.
باذن الله اضع تقرير مفصل حول هذا الكنز الذي اعتبره قطعة اثرية عثر عليها فيه مدينة غابره تسمى أوبار.
ابداً ودائما لاتنس ذكر الله والصلاة على النبي.

onaona
onaona

Soooo very alluring, is my Amouage Ubar. I find it seductive, even mysterious....the stranger in the elevator you think about all day, despite your best efforts to remain unfazed by the encounter. Ubar feels (and smells) like something powerful is happening to you. Something inevitable. I wish I could put my finger on it.

There's so much going on with the notes here, yet it is the FEEL of the fragrance not so much the individual notes pushing all my olfactory buttons.
--Black Amber/Ambergris is most prominent. I don't ever think I've experience it so elegantly presented. It's responsible for Ubar's warm, slightly dated, sweet, animalic (with a dash of civet) appeal.
--Sandalwood also presents strongly and earlier than I would have expected to my nose. It's its wonderfully woody self.
--Floral combo. Unlike most of the voters, I can't say it's jasmine I detect most prominitely. For me, it's a combination of a variety of thoroughly blended, feminine and very sophisticated florals.

I think I'll spray Ubar again, head for the elevator...and wait for the inevitable :)

noisome
noisome

Tons of civet in this. Not sure if Amouage is trying to be PC by not listing it, or what. There's more civet in this than in any other currently produced perfume that I know of. So if you like that sort of animalic, look no further!

Easy to overdo though; one too many sprays and you're ... well, you should probably just stay home. I'm guilty of wearing too much of this to a concert once. The lady seated next to me seemed slightly repulsed. Oh well. :)

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Amazing, gorgeous perfume. An instant love. A strong, sophisticated scent that is not overly sweet but keeps you bringing your nose back to it - totally addictive. Rich, complex and heady-- VERY narcotic. I'm not detecting much, if any indoles or skank in this, but that could just be me. I get mostly jasmine and some lovely rose from this, along with something I'm not sure how to describe, but it's sweet and animalic (maybe the ambergris?)

For some reason, Gold or Dia wasn't right for me even though they do have some similarities to this.. but this one is perfect for me. I would definitely recommend it to all floral lovers, especially those who aren't afraid of powerhouses or vintage 80s chypre/floral aldehydes fans :) Then again, I haven't found an Amouage yet I would say isn't worth at least testing!

Ekho
Ekho

5:00 PM While in my car and right before driving, I applied a bit of this to the back of my hand from a recently purchased sample vial. Initially weird.

5:05-5:30: Eau de port-a-potty! Albeit a clean one, with that chemical freshener scent that comes out of the bottom of it on a hot day. Needless to say... GROSS! A hot port-a-potty with sweaty bodies mixed in. I do not currently have a sweaty body, so it must be Ubar. Ubar, the invisible sweaty man in my back seat, has actually transfigured my car into a port-o-potty on wheels. He didn't include a sink though, so I can't scrub him away. Damn.

5:30 to 6:15: Less disgusting, but still a far cry from enjoyable. I feel a bit out of sorts from the prior sensory overload. I think this has changed from toilet (not toilette) water to grandma's bathroom. Grandma was at least usually clean, powdered, and over perfumed. I'm a little embarassed to get out of the car and go inside the store.

6:15 to 7:15 The big sillage has faded to no sillage. Maybe Ubar got offended by my vocal expressions of contempt for him during our car ride. We got off to a bad start. After 7:15 (just over 2 hrs) he completely ran out on me; there wasn't even a trace left on the back of my hand.

Did they possibly put the wrong juice in my sample vial? I did not get ANY of the notes listed above, with the exception of amber. It smelled very dirty, and not at all as described in the great reviews. It looks like this one can change though, so perhaps I'll try it again on a day I'm feeling very brave.

Edit: I put this on paper instead of myself and it smells divine... I guess it's a chemistry thing.

suzrwin
suzrwin

I love many Amouge scents, and have a lot of admiration for some others that just don't work on me. Ubar falls into neither camp. On me, it reads as a rather ingenue rose--very odd since plain old rose isn't even in the scent notes. It also comes across as the single most linear Amouage I've tried. Must be a chemistry thing. Most definitely not for me.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Ubar is an exquisite jasmine perfume that does not remind me of Chanel No.5. For starters, it lacks the aldehydes. Chanel No.5 is the perfect blend of prudent rose, sterile iris, and jezebel jasmine. Ubar would have been downright scandalous in the 1920s with its unceasing, intoxicating clouds of jasmine from the Far East. It is a lusty floriental. One drop on one wrist projected up to my nose all day long. With a strong amberesque base and a naughty animalic heart, Ubar is so alluring it will make your lover dizzy with desire. This is a perfume that keeps going and going--all night long and into the morning.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Yes, I know, I get it, this is a heavy jasmine perfume, but what I smell is rose. An evolution through three different roses, in succession, and then lily of the valley and jasmine, and much later in the dry down I get that honey/civet wire crossing in my head that makes rauchy notes in perfumes smell irrestable to me.

Except that the next time I tried it, I smelled jasmine with a bit of orange and a funky unclean but not sweaty smell that I thought, from the description, might be black amber, since it's a whale-gut product. Later it was a massive powder, animalic, with a touch of beeswax; except for that other time I tried it an found the dry down to be herbal with vanilla.

I wore Ubar for a week and never got the same perfume twice. Certanly all the Ubars shared characteristics, most notably being enormous florals, but the thing that really makes Ubar interesting is its chameleon nature.

zsazsa
zsazsa

I really love this perfume. It may not be so modern, but hey, if this works with your body chemistry, that's all what matters. This is a big perfume, it envelopes you from head to toe in a delicious cloud. It works well with my body chemistry, so I use a tiny bit and I get a big, wonderful cloud of mostly orange, jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood. This perfume reminds me of Creed's Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie. I love them both, but I feel Ubar is fresher. Also, there is something special in Ubar's drydown, a special note I don't know what it is, may be the ambergris, but it is gorgeous!!! I see a full bottle in my future, my wallet is very sad, I'm extremely happy ......

Lana148
Lana148

Ubar is an amazing quality fragrance. It is simply gorgeous. Makes me sad that these type of fragrances are out of fashion and the level of mastery, that took to create them are no longer appreciated, but to me, this mix is a party to my senses.

I will probably never own it, simply because it's not my style and I will not find too many occasions to wear it, but I will always admire it very much!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Possibly one of the most boring and least inspired Amouage out there in my opinion. Ubar is a decent, but sadly clearly mediocre floral chypre with resinous and pollen accents, a powdery-waxy side (which reminds me of an Italian cheap moisturizing cream called Leocrema), on a classic chypre herbal base, dark and slightly camphoraceous, with benzoin and oak moss. Elegant, artificial and fairly modest to all extents, it smells nice but without the depth, the quality and the "passion" one would expect from such a brand (and a price).

5,5-6/10

flowers4me
flowers4me

When I wear Ubar I sometimes smell a barrel of overripe apples. This usually signals that the perfume contains rose but there is no rose in the list shown. It's a mystery.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I tried the reformulated version, and it's difficult to decide where I stand on this. It very much has a vintage feel to it-its a rich, immaculately blended quality fragrance. It's warm and smooth but to me its overpowering. I don't get much of a citrus top note, its lily-of-the-valley and then all jasmine and tuberose to me, notes I don't particularly do well with and which give me a headache. I also got a spicy peppery note mixed with smokey whiskey, such a masculine note that I went back and checked the bottle to make sure I wasn't mixing it up with something else. After about an hour it became rather more feminine with rose and wood and a hint of vanilla. The dry down was far more approachable with a lovely powdery note, but this is again overpowered by patchouli. All in all, this is obviously a gloriously luxurious, rich fragrance created and blended with skill, but its not for me.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Ubar is a stunning, confident woman in a floor length golden gown, entering the room with grace and dignity, just as the elegant bottle suggests.

With juicy soft orange and the senusality and glamor of jasmine, the opening is supported by pithy lemon notes of litsea cubeba and scant dark green violet leaf.

The heart introduces indoles of jasmine and some dirty amber(gris) that give Ubar its classic allure. Secondary floral notes of ylang-ylang and lily of the valley are gentle and warm. Tuberose adds a little "come-hither" while wisps of freesia offer a playful tease.

Classic wood notes in the drydown of sandalwood and vetiver give the Ubar woman her confident stride with a touch of patchouli as she brushes knowingly past her admirers.

Remarkably elegant and masterfully blended, Ubar stands among the classics with dauntless beauty.

* Note: There is no civet note according to the Amouage website at the time of this writing.

jtd
jtd

Look at the cast of any of the Bravo housewives at a post-season reunion. Consider the degree of wardrobe, hair, make-up and custom-spanx before your eyes. What is the difference between this execution of gender and drag? Physiological sex distinctions seem minor. The issue is the extremity of the presentation.  If what you see on those reunion shows isn't drag, I'm not sure what is.

Smack in the center of the above gender question lies Ubar. Again, the issue is the extremity of the presentation. Ubar doesn't care a whit about what your crotch might hide. Ubar is all eyelashes, nails and bling. Drag or television-femininity, the similarity is hypergender and the differences are unimportant.

(Is it me, or does Andy Cohen not come off like a court eunuch sitting in the midst of all that regalia?)

Iris_it
Iris_it

If all of your favourite perfumes were created before the 90's , try Ubar and you will not be deceived . It has a vintage quality , it is very intense , longlasting and wonderfully smelling . A big elegant , refined , fullfilling , symphonic floral . Smell this and you will throw away many modern mainstream florals with no regrets . It is worth its price , unlike other niche perfumes .
Better have a few bottles of excellent quality than a crowd of bad ones :-)

Ubar... a scent from a different era, more than a different part of the globe IMO. I don't get the Eastern vibe here. I smell more of a '20s rich and elegant lady in pearls and silks.
I must admit that I am not used to wear perfumes of this top quality and in such strenght.
This is a plus for sure, as you only need 1 spray with all Amouage. 2 sprays were enough to kill my brain during a 1 hour travel in my car.
Ubar is no easy perfume to wear. I cannot tell a note from the other, maybe for lack of education in this field, but it all seems so blended up. Well, maybe an indolic jasmine is the main note that raise its head on others, then a vaguely dirty sandalwood and good dose of amber... Floral? Well... no, not a floral as we mean it in mainstream and if you love pure florals, even thick florals, here you will find a lot of skank for your likes. Ubar is skanky indeed.
This is why I said it makes me think of a different era, because it remind me of something very vintage, a typical skanky floral of older memory.
I'm not usually up for so much skank. Anyway Ubar possesses an addictive property. It made me smell my own shirt all day long. 1 spray, only one on skin on the middle of my chest covered by clothes.
1 spray and the room was done for 1 hour. Anytime I passed by the exact point where I sprayed it, I smelled this hypnotic animalic flower and thought "wow". It blended well with my skin. In spite of its concentration it didn't leave that hideous plasticky film that lasts for hours as many commercial fragrances do on my skin. It was "drunk" and no oily film was left.
I don't think it can be a crowd pleaser, actually more of a crowd scarer if overapplied and maybe even in small amounts.
So I sprayed once and covered with clothes. Then I went out in warm weather, for sure I sweated a little. I was not aware of the perfume any moment because it was hidden. After many hours I came back home, I changed my shirt and now after more than 12 hours not only Ubar is still there in that spot of skin but it managed to cling to my new shirt!
God, it still smells like animal! A good animal, but powerful! This is how, based on note description in reviews, I hoped that Kiehl's Musk would smell. Too much of an optimistic expectation, that was plasticky skank on me.
For some unknown reason I feel enticed by Ubar, it is real perfume, even if I don't like it in the same way as my other faves, I feel attracted. It's not pretty at all. Nothing delicate, nothing clean and prim, nothing even gentle. There is lot of wild elegance here.
For other unknow reason, smelling this from my shirt makes me want to smoke a cigarette again, after quitting 3 years ago. It's a silly idea, because smoke actually has an awful smell and taste, but there should exist fine luscious expensive cigarettes somewhere with an ambery aroma.
I only own a big sample of this and I will keep it closed in a drawer for a while, because I have a doubt that if I get intimate with this I will need a giant bottle, that I cannot afford for sure and it doesn't even smell a bit of pretty. Just a bit of it and less animal would have made it a decent enough scent to wear around and enjoy for myself.

EDIT. in the end came a beautiful lily-of-the-valley and will stay on my shirt until next laundry

Alex1984
Alex1984

I have to start by saying that Ubar is the most expensive fragrance I own. After draining a couple of large decants I knew I had to have it. The thing is I can barely detect the notes. It's so well blended and crafted that it just smells... amazing! I get a lemony feel which I'm guessing is the bergamot and Lilly of the valley, followed by rose. This I most definitely get! Big, bold, beefy and jammy like no other rose I've smelt before even though it's not listed! It just takes my breath away. The skankyness I get it's probably due to the indoles in jasmine, or maybe civet. It's not listed, but it's animalic growl is unmistakeable and I'm pretty sure it's in the basenotes.
Ubar evokes places, far away exotic lands, where kings and queens live in the most extravagant luxury. It smells rich but not in the sense of money. It's the richness of using the best ingredients to create a piece of art. It smells vintage in the best possible way. Nothing sugary or fruity here thank god! Too bad they don't make 'em like this anymore. It could have been created in the 20s as far as I can tell and it wouldn't feel out of place. I don't find it particularly unisex, though skin chemistry is a weird little thing! I'm guessing that the rich floral and musky woody base would work amazingly on the right guy as long as he doesn't assign labels to perfume. I know I don't. Ubar is one of the richest floral fragrances I own but at the same time is not heavy. Sillage is massive but airy, like a fluffy cloud surrounding you without screaming. Real ladies don't shout! Longevity around forever on my skin.
Bottom line, I love it. I get the deepest, richest rose, an animalic growl on a bed of sweet sandalwood, and the best sillage in town. What more can I ask?! One of the best fragrances from Amouage and one of the finest I own. Recommended to all!

SadassaUlna
SadassaUlna

Wow, there's more than a little civet in this. I dislike the generic 'bug spray' complaint when it comes to perfume, but in Ubar I do get a waft of Cutter's in the mix. I don't get much amber at all.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

I bought a bottle of the original, sealed in the box, on ebay and it's very very different. An intense, really fantastic rose with a massive dose of real ambergris and not much else. It's un-doing my mind. The smell of the very best ingredients it is possible to imagine...I'm assuming much like Homage, although I haven't smelled yet. Mind-blowing. Psychedelic. Still somewhat Joan Collins but wow, it doesn't matter. Worth searching for if you're a perfume fanatic.

christianne1
christianne1

Ubar is phenomenally beautiful....and is for people who like classic animalic florals like Joy and the other giants of the 1920s through the 70s. This is what a lot of people call a bit "perfumey"...but it is also what makes it great. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. It reminds me a bit of Jean Patou 1000. I think if you like one you may like the other.

The opening is powerful but the dry down is much more subtle, and quite heavenly I might add. But in order to get there, I think you need to be patient also fond of big retro florals. The first 15 minutes will scare a lot of folks away. BUT... something beautiful is waiting in the wings if you can hang on just a bit to get there. It is well worth the wait. Ubar gets nicer with each passing hour and becomes a non-stop wrist sniffer. You will feel like royalty wearing this. Ubar is pure luxury. Retro made timeless.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Most of the Amouage fragrances have been a bit too much for my tastes, but it was instant love with Ubar. On first wearing, I was instantly reminded of the vintage version of Chantilly, which my Mother wore (or at least, what I remember the scent to be..). Warm, spicy, with a light powdery undertone; there was the oriental sweetness, but without being in any way cloying or syrupy. The scent reminds me on subsequently trials of Bal a Versailles (vintage), and Diva, but still retains it own distinctive flavor.

malchoni
malchoni

It is very hard to like this perfume. On my skin is just.....not a perfume. Doesn't smell good. It is so strong and spicy, but that wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't some strange note in it too, which is just awfull. Balsamic note? Yep, but what kind of balsam would it be and from what?! Highly unbearable.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Revisiting this and not liking it at all. I guess menopause is to blame. Dang. Have a mini and up it goes to Ebay. Yuck. I only like a few of Amouage now, Gold and Dia. I guess Sherapop describes it pretty well. She's always dead on with interpreting fragrance to words. I bought the sample for women and only used the Gold. Have the Dia and adore that one also.

DahliaX
DahliaX

absolutely beautiful, sensual, erotic fragrance. First reminded me Sikim by Lancome, but after 30 min of wearing totally changed into softer, more exotic smell. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

IT's been a while since I've smelled this, and well not that I am any kind of a perfumanista right now, back then I knew almost nothing about perfume.

Now when I want a really want an honest opinion I find that those who know very little to nothing about perfume sometimes give the best (because they are basic and honest)descriptions. Sometimes the more we learn the more you get away from basic truths (in a sense,lol)

With that said, I remember simply thinking that this smelled similar to fine vintage perfumes that consisted mostly of rose and wood === I did also detect jasmine and (now thinking it was lilly of the valley and iris) and a bit of powderyness). I also remembering thinking this was extremely high quality and regardless wether or not you liked perfume or more specifically this type of perfume that you almost still couldn't help but love it or atleast like it, it was so pretty and happy but relaxed and so well made of the highest ingreediants....that I could hardly imagine anyone not liking this.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

Finally an Amouage of my very own, through the kindness of friends, I've been testing many of the Amouage perfumes but it is Ubar that has grabbed me. And so finally I can say I have an Amouage of my own and it is UBAR.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Blimunda´s review is closest to my opinion. A fume done on the Arab way. A spicy, rich bomb. Between the other notes I can recognize jasmine.

muskymoi
muskymoi

Love the topnotes, REALLY LOVE the drydown. I struggled a bit with the heart...For about 30 minutes, this beautiful creation smelled like celery and urine, though I don't know which notes listed above would lend to the urine-like smell.

I made a rule for myself that I can't buy super spendy perfumes unless I loved the top, mid, and bottom. So, unless I received a bum sample (unlikely), I won't be getting this one. sniff.

Sandra2
Sandra2

Ubar - another beautiful and expensive fragrance from Amouage.....
Maybe you will pay 300 bucks for it, but you will smell like 1.000.000 bucks! :))

Cereza
Cereza

Ubar by Amouage is all about flowers, it recalls many good big floral vintage perfumes I've already tried before, so if you love a good, bold and in your face floral you might want to give this a try.
It opened with a big bucket of flowers, the smell itself is sharp, almost animalistic and very strong, it fills up a room and is not for pleasing a bus full with people :).
The heart part on me is full with rich ylang-ylang, almost buttery, still going extremely strong and stays like this all trough the drydown - a rich, expensive smelling bomb of flowers - warm, elegant and inviting.

Unfortunately like in many cases with Amouage - I find this to be too much, on the other hand - they do try to give what their customers paid for - a full and rich fragrance that simply screams "royal and expensive".

Blimunda
Blimunda

In my opinion, Ubar is an extraordinary flowery fragrance, done in the Arab way. I smell something very close to agar wood note and some animal notes as well which I do not see listed here, but that is how it feels- untamed flowers, mostly violet leaves, greenish tuberose and jasmine.

Very mature and outstanding, strong with huge lasting power.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Sorry, folks but I find this scent really unbearable in the top and middle notes. It moves very quickly to a 30 minute hideous juice of strong urine smell mixed with disinfectant. Public bathroom in a heavily used museum. When this finally goes away the drydown has lots of pretty flowers and is nicely balanced, but the ultimate end is not worth all the horribleness in the beginning, in my opinion.

9-na
9-na

Nicely bitter, with a touch of flowers, but not too sweet, the way I like.

iivanita
iivanita

this is the most flowery scent i know, without beeing sweet, without beeing headachy heavy from rose patchouli vanilla mix, there is a lot of rose and a lot of lily, i am fan of jasmin, so no wonder i adore this scent...(i love beauty from CK) and a fan of bergamot too :)(so they made this smell acording to my wishes hehe)
this one is so refined so expencive so flowery fresh, like you just picked fresh roses and put them in a parfume, its not artificial smell it feels so natural! unlike dia wich i like too but is soapy and bit like detergent, this is my best amouage together with liric, ..i tried gold too but that one is a bit dirty , dark and not so nice rose..no , its very nice just not perfect! like this one

spookyjan
spookyjan

I do usually love all amouage perfumes however this one is just lilly of the valley floral..thats all i can smell.it does have longevity an a good sillage,but again all i can smell is l.o.t.v.

3ood
3ood

spray this on if you want to feel expensive ; ) but please be careful a little goes a long way

Heverton
Heverton

This one opens up with a a very strong floral composition remembering the vintage climate present in Hermes Rouge Eau Delicate, but without the soapy smell attached to it.

Throughout time, the floral notes settles down a little bit acquiring a hint of civet. But flowers still the main character on this one.

lara0905
lara0905

Amouage Ubar is the last scent from my samples set.
I have again this feeling I met with this scent somewhere..
I don't have to say this fragrance is another perfect creation.
I'm so lucky, beacuse every Amouage fragrance works perfectly on my skin, I'm not disappointed in Amouage.

But back to Ubar. This scent is a sensual trip to the Eastern night. Deep, dark, ultrasexy. I know I'm very biased, but I cannot say bad words about this fragrance and about Amouage perfumes.

Lovely jasmin aroma with touch of bergamott, sandal and vanille. ( It has some similarity with Body Shop Neroli Jasmin)

Amouage is the first perfume house, which scents to express myself honestly as I can.:)

truffles
truffles

Firstly, thank you to Vickalena for letting me sample this.
Well, on first spray, my one thought was 'joss sticks in a hippy pad'. Not that there's anything bad about that (long phase I've passed out of!).
Nice smell and I'm very familiar with it but I don't necessarily want to wear (italics) it.
However.... an hour or two later a change had occurred..
Imagine a narrow hallway that never ends. At the beginning of that hallway is a persian carpet runner that is rolled up and it is being unrolled down the hallway.
Ubar unfurls like that carpet and gives up hidden treasures..
A dreamy, fizzy, powdery fondant is enfolded within the incense.
Ubar is really beautiful but, strangely, I don't want to wear it.
My sample is soon to be winging it's way to another Fragrantista and I'm happy to pass this gem along. :)

nada
nada

i agree with all very different opinions about this. yes, it is wrong, and yes it is amazing smell. I do not think that people without taste could appreciate it, therefore perhaps those domestic cats would not have enough brain to enjoy it.

Fragrance feels really weird - intoxicating as you smell voufs of rock rose throughout the day and soft amber... And something odd lingers too. I think it is amazing - not a simple, plain, clear thing, as some of the classics. But it is sure to become a classic. At least to me.

katherineom
katherineom

The initial blast of this perfume made me think of "Off Bug Spray"! How horrible! But as I continued to wear it, it developed into the most sublime concoction of complex and exotic powder. Makes me envision the dusting powder that escaped the puff and floated down onto my dresser top that I can still smell.

Amouage UBAR hits me immediately as a vintage perfume along the lines of Jean-Charles Brosseau L'OMBRE ROSE. There is a dry dustiness to the florals here which gives the composition a nostalgic feeling. In contrast to L'OMBRE ROSE, UBAR does not develop significantly to a soapy baby powdery drydown. Instead, UBAR becomes somehow more floral, magnifying the dusty roses and, to my nose, lily (not lily of the valley). I realize that lily is not listed, but that is what I smell. It could be the effect of the civet thrown into the mix.

UBAR has great longevity and big sillage, but this really is not oriental at all. I like UBAR a lot as a floral perfume, but I also feel that L'OMBRE ROSE satisfies the same pangs of nostalgia as the former, so I won't be adding UBAR to my collection anytime soon. I commend L'OMBRE ROSE to the attention of anyone who likes UBAR but cannot afford such an extravagance...

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

I am experiencing with Ubar the very opposite as reviewer Leesee: I am swooning over Ubar which for me is the most beautiful and most rich flower oriental I have ever smelled! Whereas I do not like Gold and Dia! I gave them away both they were nice to smell but not for me to wear : too mixed up . This one Ubar comes straight to me as it is: The most ethereal Damask Roses in a bed of lily of the valleys with a little animalic touch (of civet), I m completely in love with this floral perfume beauty! I ve only a decant but...you know..december is coming..:)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I knew this was supposed to be floral, but it’s way too floral for my taste. I think the main culprit is the lily-of-the-valley, which is so strong that it overpowers the roses and jasmine, which I generally find pleasant. I can smell a little rose in the mix, but it’s not strong enough to balance the sharper white florals. I cannot smell the base at all due to the LOTV, which dominates everything throughout the entire development of the scent.

I was hoping that at some point the base would make its way through, but the next morning I can still smell LOTV on my wrists. I have to say that this is a wearable LOTV, not a scrubber as many of them are for me, and it’s one I might choose if, for some unknown reason, I wanted a LOTV scent. The perfume is well-made, so I think anyone who loves pure florals of this type would enjoy Ubar. However, it’s just not for me.

myytrix
myytrix

i just love it! It blends well with my skin. I wear it anytime of the day. If you have extra bucks, you may give it a try.

Irulan
Irulan

A have sampled, almost all perfumes form the Amouage line, and all af them are extremly beautifull, fine pefumes that will add you that luxuriant feeling. But for me, on my skin, Ubar is a more rafined version of Lou Lou.

levissima
levissima

smells exactly like Rochas Byzance that is why I don't quite understand why people go crazy about it!?

Spring25
Spring25

This is one of the 'richest', most luxurious perfumes I have ever tried. I don't usually like civet, but in this composition, it was not unpleasant to me. It is an extremely smooth and long-lasting floral perfume. It reminds me of something a rich, classy lady would prefer to wear to a night-time event in cold weather (along with her mink coat of course).

Leesee
Leesee

I am a huge fan of both Gold and Dia, so naturally, when seemingly everybody I knew and respected began falling under Ubar's spell, I expected, when I finally sampled Ubar, to be spellbound, too. No. Such. Luck. I cannot deny that the scent is lovely in the abstract. Like so many Amouage offerings, Ubar is comprised of gorgeous ingredients and gracefully executed. Also, like both Dia and Gold, Ubar features oodles of lush, velvety rose and Amouage's ubiquitous creamy-animalic drydown. But whereas I swooned over Gold and Dia after my very first sniff, I wore Ubar for hours after applying it and simply . . . forgot about it. So maybe it is not a matter of "luck." Maybe my reaction to Ubar is less about what is or is not "great" perfume, and more about the universal adage that explains all love affairs, whether brief or enduring: beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

The only Amouage I dislike. It is so strong it gives me instant nausea. I think I am getting that "Mongoose" strongly". Such is life they had to have at least one that was un-wearable for me.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I must say that the bottle is gorgeous! (At least, in the pictures it is). I am sampling this right now, and right off the bat I smell flowers basking in the sun. I feel as if I'm opening the gates to a secret garden. Jasmine appears to me first (it always does), but quickly, the roses catch my eye. How could they not? Roses are glorious day & night. I see them shimmering as I walk down the path of my very own "piece of earth". Glorious rose bushes upon rose bushes lead me to the center of the garden. And in the center I spot sweet bells of my favorite flower: lily of the valley. They cover the ground everywhere, brilliant in its own sweet little way. (The notes here remind me of being surrounded by a plethora of flowers of all shapes and sizes...and I am enjoying my vision.) To me, the lily of the valley brings an innocence to the seductive jasmine and exotic powdery notes of the rose. The sandalwood relaxes me and makes me feel comfortable. I was looking for a lemon tree somewhere, but couldn't find it. Perhaps there is a seedling that is just now sprouting...but no ripe fruits ready to be picked. The vanilla is also hiding...but is actually not missed. I see birds and squirrels and even a mongoose running around this enchanted garden (the civet). I can stay here, wrapped in a cozy blanket, wandering the garden for hours on end...amazed by the glorious, yet tranquil beauty of these flowers. How nice it is to finally be able to visit that Secret Garden. I've always wanted to.... and this perfume has allowed me to do just that.

*Side note: though I myself marvel at this fragrance, I can't wear it around my husband because he's not into florals, unfortunately. I suppose I will wear it on those days where I feel like being locked in my own cozy little world of flowers & trees & make-believe.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Amouage Ubar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Amouage Ubar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ubar by Amouage. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ubar by Amouage represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.