Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men

Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men
dislike

Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men Pictures Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men Pictures Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men Pictures Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men Pictures Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men Pictures Sharp Andrea Maack for women and men Pictures

Smart, Craft and Sharp are three fragrances with a unique concept – created through collaboration between Icelandic artist Andrea Maack and a French perfume house.

Sharp is a scent that holds a story, a multifaceted fairytale. The different notes are piled in layers, and each one is only briefly exposed. Flower petals resting on matt, white paper, on skin as pale as snow, a note of something medical, sharp, poisonous, narcotic. The "poison" note is very subtle, and gives Sharp an un-expected character and makes it very unlike most scents. Sharp is in a way beyond comfort, softness and smooth vanilla, but a scent that demands attention while wearing it.

Notes: orange blossom, angel skin, sweet vanilla, white musk, soothing softness.

It is available as 50 ml EDP.

Sharp was launched in 2010.

Orange Blossom Vanilla White Musk

Sexy Angelic
Sweet Redemption

Sharp Fragrance Reviews

smellagent
smellagent

At first I get a fizzy candy like orange. Almost sweet but not quite The vanilla is there throughout. The. Orange is there but buried underneath a dusty vanilla. Very nice but on my skin it does not last long. And I have oily skin so most perfumes last a long time on me. If there is musk it is clean and vegetal not animalic.

lilalina
lilalina

Beautiful orange blossom scent.. starts sharp then quickly settles more into a more soft and sweet vanilla skin scent. Very beautiful.

bananas
bananas

I keep going back to this in a little chic clothing lifestyle boutique in Australia, trying to narrow down my 2 favourites from this line...between SHARP & SMART.

I think SHARP is winning here. This scent needs time to develop on one's skin & this may take several hours to play at it's optimum exquisiteness & to fully realise & declare itself.
The first half hour I do struggle with this as it releases what I can only describe a 'vegetal fruity ' aroma...a bit like potato or other vegetable peel..weird I know but it is my nose.

Several hours later I find it SO beautiful & comforting that I seriously wish my body could exude this scent forever on me.
It's warm, creamy, powdery & very feminine.I do not know if this is what it's creator was aiming for, & it does take you on a journey of discovering a cascade of notes that seem more beyond the stated 3 listed here.

It is a gorgeous trip for sure.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening of Sharp boasts the same pleasant and peculiar mood of Silk, an intriguing floral blend with green notes and orange blossoms, with a "vegetable" aftertaste, on a luminous and austere amber accord, delicate white musks, in a rarefied, clean, meditative and transparent ambiance – but not anonym or mute, rather lively and "alive", with the elusive white vitality of flowers. The notes are thin, gentle and minimalist, but still dense and smartly, perfectly shaped. Same slight "sugar" base as in Silk, not creamy and not milky, rather a realistic sugar dust. I also detect a light and cozy woody accord – the rather generic silkiness of cashmeran. This scent is not unique, but still has its own personality, some notes smell truly new to me, or at least, if they aren't, it smells new to me the way they're "processed" here. The abstract personality is bright and fascinating, you can "smell" there is an actual smart work behind this. The sugar note eventually tends towards a "roasted" resins accord, still remaining dry and subtle. A grey, elegant scent, and a good, fresh example of minimalist perfumery.

7,5-8/10

Orange blossom looms large in Andrea Maack Sharp. It's an interesting composition in that the floral scent sits atop something akin to second-hand smoke. Really. This strikes me as exactly how an orange blossom soliflore would smell if worn by a chain smoker.

I do not find this perfume very sharp, but it does smell ashy, as though it was produced when the Eyjafjallajökull volcano erupted in Iceland in 2010. I wonder whether the 2010 launch of this perfume is purely coincidental. Perhaps the designer was attempting to commemorate the event?

The notes include "angel skin", so it makes a lot of sense really. Let's connect the dots: angels arise from the ashes of the dead.

esteban747
esteban747

A well deserved name, Sharp is...well, sharp. To be fair, the opening is quite sharp, like a slap in the morning to wake you up.
I smell neroli, very green like young leaves and twigs from an orange tree.
Right when I was about to scream -I can't take it anymore!; the vanilla made its entrance bringing a needed sweetness to calm down the orange explosion.

I have to say that the opening was not very inviting (to me) but then after the orange blossom/neroli mingles with vanilla and musk this fragrance became a delight. It feels like when you get a lemon sorbet and a chocolate gelato and you taste one first, then the other and then both at the same time. Very nice, unexpected.

jessirainey
jessirainey

My signature sent.

Giabbotomato
Giabbotomato

I like orange blossom and I tried it on.
At first, it's really sweet, and a little metallic, and orange blossom is intensive. After 2 hours I can only smell vanilla on myself.
I would suggest it to a woman, absolutely not on a man.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

For me this is the best one among all the others from Andrea Maack.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I expected this EdP to be … well … sharp, full of aldehydes and galbanum, or something of the sort, but it’s not. In fact, it’s the exact opposite. It’s soft and matte, more a light woody vanilla gourmand than anything else. It’s like white almond nougat, mostly just sugary sweet with traces of egg white, toasted almond and vanilla. What makes it different is the woody aspect, as if it had been made in an oak barrel.

The whole thing is underscored by white musks, not obtrusive, but filling out the composition. After my initial encounter I read the list of notes, which are pretty much in line with what I smelled, except for the orange blossom, which is minimal at best. In the end, it just ends up as a standard-issue vanilla musk with moderate sillage and longevity.

I was liking this gourmand musk scent a fair amount until I read the manufacturer’s list of notes and found out that it's a sort of celebrity perfume made for an Icelandic artist I had never heard of by an unnamed perfumer working for an anonymous commercial French manufacturer, and lists silly notes like “angel skin” and “soothing softness”. Am I missing some intended absurdist artistic irony in calling a perfume full of “soothing softness” “Sharp”? In any case, when I first tried it, the concept evoked a complete blog post on silly perfume notes. It did not make me want a bottle of Sharp.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Whilst I prefer this to Craft, it's a little too sweet for me. I just get a strong waft of chocolate.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Andrea Maack Sharp fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Andrea Maack Sharp, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sharp by Andrea Maack. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sharp by Andrea Maack represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.