Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Animale Animale for Men Animale for men
dislike

honey
tobacco

Animale Animale for Men by Animale is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Animale Animale for Men was launched in 1994. The fragrance features nutmeg, honey, pineapple, lime, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, lavender, musk, galbanum, vanilla, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, cedar, tobacco, rose and lemon.

Nutmeg Honey Pineapple Lime Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Lavender Musk Galbanum Vanilla Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Cedar Tobacco Rose Lemon

Angel

Animale Animale for Men Fragrance Reviews

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that a smoother gourmand exists for under $25, because to put it plainly, this is as good as it gets in that cost bracket. Animale Animale is a bit like Lapidus Pour Homme meets Angel, its big pineapple, jasmine, and ylang accord joining forces with equally large honey and lavender notes, all resting gracefully on a vanillic sandalwood base. There are hints of A*Men here also, but only in the sense that AA "masculinizes" the Angel concept by adding pineapple and heady lavender. There's still that boozy patchouli essence at AA's core, which is what ties everything together and creates a truly pleasant olfactory experience. I own this and A*Men. The latter is definitely a more interesting wear, with its intensely odd tar note and stronger patchouli (plus peppermint) in the mix. But honestly I think AA is just as good, albeit different enough to warrant owning both, and I'd add that it's a perfect alternative to something like Rochas Man, for example, which many find to be too weak and not woodsy enough.

ssheth92
ssheth92

Blind buy, bought very cheap. This one to me smells very nice. I get the honey, booziness and also some powderniness (like cuba gold). Unfortunately, I did not realize that this frag is considered mature. In fact went to subway the other day (while having this on), and the cashier told me I smelled like her dad. makes me a bit hesitant to wear it in public more since I am only 23, but still love the smell!

~9/10

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

AA was a blind buy for me. Lots of notes are listed, but I only get a few: honey , caramel, and a slight woody note. Yes it's sweet , but not overly sweet and long lasting. I wish I could pick up the pineapple but it's non-existent on me. Pretty good longevity at 5+ hours. IMO, AA is worth a blind buy .

Molko
Molko

I received Animale today. In the first 2 minutes I feel like a fresh and mature man fragrance but after this shock it turns like a known smell, omg it's like Angel in flat edition, not Amen nor Havane:)
I'm glad to purchase it, because it's very unisex, not a real man scent, the bottle is very ugly and cheap, but I don't care cause the juice is so good.
This is my most complimented fragrance after Pure Havane:)
Sillage and longevity is moderate on me.

Shaheen
Shaheen

Animale Animale. Funny name. This fragrance's notes are all over the place. Honey, vanilla, pineapple, patchouli, amber, sandalwood, oakmoss, musk, lavender, nutmeg. One would think something like this wouldn't smell that good, but strangely enough this smells amazing. A gourmand reminiscent of the original A*Men, but with a different vibe. A prominent pineapple note in the top, and oakmoss and musk in the base.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I've been wanting this for a long time (as it's impossible to get here in Australia), and finally got it.

I have mixed feelings on this... Basically, I'm not a fan of sweet food/fruit smelling fragrances like the Thierry Mugler range (which this reflects), but ANIMALE-ANIMALE has some 'classic' notes in it that I do like.

It's not a go-to fragrance for me, but I do recognise quality when I smell it. If you ever wished A-Men had a little more old-school masculinity in it, then this will put a smile on your face.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: moderate.
LONGEVITY: good.
BOTTLE: great glass. cheap top.
SCENT: sweet/animalic.
VALUE FOR MONEY: average.

OVERALL: 7/10
---------------------------------------------

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

After reading the notes in fragrantica and reading the reviews. I had to get myself a bottle of this stuff. And to my surprise (actually I wasn't surprised I had faith in it already) it was a beautiful mixture of pineapple, leather, vanilla, honey, and woods on my skin. The sprayer didn't smell that great but on the skin it's breathtaking. Another fabulous buy that I can add to my collection.

jivanshi
jivanshi

@SMELLY1992: you mean that this fragrance was CREATED by the marketing staff at Parlux? No wonder so many say it smells cheap! I have seen that guy's comment and I have refrained myself then, but now, that you are reiterating it, I must say: a fragrance is CREATED by a perfumer, not by some marketing hot shot who has the nerve to take credit for it!

namak
namak

I definitely get the Pure Havane comparisons.

For me, it does not start like Pure Havane, but after half an hour..they are almost identical..IF you are not doing a side by side. There are still differences, but they are negligible in my opinion.

Similar longevity (this might actually be better) and projection.

Highly recommended, if you are looking for an excellent gourmand or a Pure Havane substitute.

Oh yes, it's around $22 online.

Darkwave1
Darkwave1

By far the most respected , affordable fragrance in my very new (6 months into collecting) fragrance collection ! Going to be the first full size bottle out of 20 or so that I will finish ! Being new to the fragrance community , this was the first Gourmand that I have ever smelled. All the colognes I have owned since my high school years were the type that department stores pushed .... summer scents ! I had no idea at the age of 38 , how deep the rabbit hole truly goes !!! I love my new hobby and Animale Animale helped open my eyes ! I will always have this fragrance in my collection :)

jerrod.young.12
jerrod.young.12

I first bought this scent when i was 17, I've been in love with it every since then, I'm now 26 and I'm buying it again, for $20 it's not bad at all - it has a very fresh smell, vanilla, chocolatey, with a hint of pineapple with a ton of other stuff - very special fragrance, I will be buying this again and again, as long as they keep making it.

JoeOM
JoeOM

I Love this fragrance. I see the similarities to A* Men on me but only because of the patchouli.

This opens for me with lime and nutmeg, quite harsh and bitter. Then it turns into a lovely fruity honey! As time goes by the patchouli becomes more prominent but isn't too overwhelming. Also has some lovely floral notes just about detectable in the background! Well worth a purchase.

Also the longevity and projection are great and the price is super cheap!

newbee3114
newbee3114

This fragrance is pretty great for its time. Love the chemistry that these notes construct. A late fall/winter fragrance.Three thumbs up.. great job animale animale.....

Update: if you try to wear this in the summer time please be aware that one good spray is enough. I tried it in the mid summer evening and it smelled great but i sprayed 1 in the chest, 1 behind the neck, and 1 on both elbow heat source and after a few hours i started to get a headache. After 6 hours the smell was still there. Great cologne but i will stick to winter/fall time...

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

stop saying it ressambles A*Men or A*Men flankers... here's what the creator of this fragrance has to say, he wrote this in the end of the page - ''It's always a charge to see brands you develop years later being worn and discussed. I developed the original Animale for Men while VP Marketing at Parlux in 1992/93, and as a follow-up in 1994 we launched the Animale Animale for Men. The original Angel for Women was taking the world by storm, and I set out as a brief to develop the new Animale Animale for Men as a take-off for men on the original Angel women with a several tweaks to push it more masculine. This was before AMen came out. The Animale Animale for Men scent was always rich and full-bodied, complex and meaty - just like how I liked [and still like] men's fragrances with plenty of great ingredients. It's been almost 20 years since launch now and I can't recall the perfume house which won the brief, but I was working with Florasynth, Robertet, Takasago, Firmenich and Creations Aromatique at the time, so it was one of those five. I don't know who makes the essential oil for Animale Animale for Men now, but I would hope and guess that it is still pretty good stuff. Manufacturers make many puzzling decisions, but generally won't go out of their way to spoil a good thing. For the print ad we rented a real tiger from Lion Country Safari and shot a painted up male model with the cat in the bush. But that's a story for another day. I wanted to name the brand Animalaso instead of Animale Animale but lost out. Enjoy'' SO THIS IS ANGEL FOR WOMEN-LIKE

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

The absolute bang for your buck gourmand without a doubt. It's unisex and is basically Angel for men with a light pineapple note added. Patchouli dominates but not as loud as Angel. Also kinda hard to overspray this one. Best for cool temps and nights.

mfeezy
mfeezy

I blind brought this about two years ago and LOVED it. But I traded it for Bleecker Street. Saw a 1.7 for sale on Ebay for $12.99 and quickly snatched it up.

It's an excellent strong masculine gourmand. It reminds me an A*Men flanker but I'm not sure which one...

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Nice scent anyway but cant beat Rochas, GPI, CH Men in my list~

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

A little history lesson about Animale Animale...

Animale Animale for Men, surprisingly albeit fully synthetic, has been put together very nicely with a lot of effort and time, and does not exude the impression of a `synthetic` Oriental Gourmand. I will have to disagree with the reviews (if not all) of Animale Animale being similar to Thierry Mugler`s Pure Malt, or A*Men. If anything, it is closest to Angel Eau de Parfum Pour Femme, which I happen to adore with a passion, if not smelling almost exactly the same minus the stronger Patchouli note in Angel, a more pronounced fruity top note of Pineapple in Animale Animale that's prominent throughout the entire span, and Animale Animale being a tad more synthesized, comes ridiculously close, which is strange due to the scent pyramid being quite different than Angel`s. The 2 are basically the same perfume in terms of smell with Animale Animale being just a smidgen more `fresh`. I did a side by side on paper and skin, and to be honest, on paper, I couldn't tell them apart, and on skin, barely. Angel was slightly darker, that's it. Whoever designed Animale Animale at Parlux had a phenomenally wicked nose to replicate Angel to a T while implementing this effect with an entirely different composition... now that's some skill right there! I see and understand exactly the direction Parlux wanted Animale Animale to head in terms of finances, or prayed it would end up, but unfortunately John Q. Public failed to put 2 and 2 together to realize that Animale Animale was a true `copy` of Angel, which was being marketed for Women at more than quadruple the price, and vice versa, hence why Animale Animale never really blew up like Parlux had intended, and I can also assume that marketing and advertising had a lot to do with this as well. Angel was being marketed as a `girly perfume` although it smells more masculine than anything, so I'm pretty sure that not many Men were running to their local department store to sample Angel, let alone probably a minuscule percentage of those Men being true Perfumistos who could actually put their finger on the striking similarities between the two. At the time, Parlux was a fairly new and tiny entity that had just purchased Animale from Suzanne de Lyon who was the original founder for Animale and who was also in dire straits from bankruptcy, so Parlux`s plate was full and paled in comparison to the ginormous house of Thierry Mugler, so kudos to Parlux for successfully reproducing almost perfectly (and market it for Men) the #1 selling Women`s perfume at that time. It just goes to show that with the right amount of money, marketing, and brains, anything can be successful. Also keep in mind that Angel was an extreme oddity of a fragrance in 1992 that was shocking people right out of their shoes, and truly began what we now have as a `Gourmand` category in the perfume industry, so for Animale Animale it was a case of being debuted a decade too early, obviously to Parlux, no fault of thier own. The world was barely prepared for a Woman`s Gourmand, let alone a Man`s, so ultimately, Animale Animale is the true Grandfather of all Male Gourmand spawns today. The current owners of Animale Group (formerly Parlux) which is located here in the USA in Hollywood, Florida knew exactly what they were doing when they launched Animale Animale, and although this fragrance is manufactured here in the USA and not France, and is not a niche perfume, it`s shockingly good. They were wise enough to jump on the Gourmand band wagon to drop the first Male Gourmand ever in 1994 due to them knowing the overwhelming success that Thierry Mugler`s Angel Pour Femme Eau de Parfum was already accomplishing which happened to debut just 2 years prior in 1992, and proof to this relies heavily on it's popularity of even after 22 strong years in the marketplace, it has never been reformulated to present day, so if anything, Pure Malt and A*Men are flankers of Animale Animale, which mimics Angel... do you see where I'm going with this? Although Animale Animale does not contain Dark Chocolate like Angel does, the blending creates this illusion in the opening, heart, and drydown. It really is a a striking perfume that can easily be enjoyed by both sexes. The opening and heart are linear with Honey, Pineapple, Vanilla and Tobacco being prominent in the forefront with just a tad of Patchouli and Woods peeking thru, although the exception of the most prominent notes for the first 10 minutes being Lime and Nutmeg. The final drydown is woodsy and `less` Gourmand, but still smells great. Overall, Animale Animale is a wonderfully blended Male perfume. It's the first Male Gourmand ever, it smells really great and is never overpowering or cloying, longevity and sillage are descent and it's got some history behind it. The flacon is very cool and very 90`s with it having a see thru lightning bolt on the front so you can watch the Caramel colour juice (which matches the smell perfectly) dwindle over time, and the faux marble Black and Green plastic sheath covering the flacon is enjoyable to look at as well. My only gripe is that the atomizer is terribly designed, the spray it produces is probably the weakest I've yet to experience, so although you're applying 10, 12 sprays, you're really not. For the affordability, originality of being the underdog and above average quality? Well... that's a no-brainer. Animale Animale is a definite 2 thumbs, way up!

Edit: Let me tell ya... this juice is incredibly long lasting! I applied a pretty healthy dose last night before bed, probably about 15 good sprays (mind you that the atomizer sucks) at around 11pm, and I was at the gym this afternoon having a strenuous workout around 2pm, and while I was working up a good sweat, I kept getting strong whiffs of what smelled like potting soil, which was the Patchouli. Now that's 16 hours later, after sleeping, after laying in a tanning bed, and after a hard workout, and considering that Animale Animale is kinda cheapie, that's simply amazing, and to be frank, that kinda longevity puts almost all of my niche perfumes to shame, and Animale Animale is an 80% concentration after all. What an awesome perfume this is!

brent0529
brent0529

It's not A*Men that this fragrance is so similar to, it's the women's Angel that it more closely resembles...On a scale of 1-10 where women's Angel is a 1 (feminine), and A*Men is a 10 (masculine), Animale Animale is about a 4 or 5...And I'm definitely not saying that compared to all fragrances A*Men is super masculine,but compared to Animale Animale it is.

daynierds
daynierds

there is a big discussion out there on this being a flanker to pure malt...I am not 100% sure about it, but yes, they're very similar...not identical of course...I feel animale animale to be a bit dated and less refined as pure malt...as for the longevity...8 plus hous on me, sillage...just good enough....for the price it is actually a great buy...good luck with it

fagner.fcds
fagner.fcds

TENHO UM DESINTERESSE POR ESTE PERFUME POIS ACHO ELE UM TANTO FORTE, É COMO TOMAR UMA XICARA DE CAFE COM UM TOM DE CHOCOLATE ADOÇADO COM MEL E PINGOS DE LARANJA BERGAMOTA, EM MINHA PELE ELE DURA 5HRS, MINHA NOTA FINAL SERIA 6.5

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

Despite of being a 90's fragrance, Animale Animale has both feet and inspiration in the 80's, evidently. And yet, it appeals to the present generation of young men who love Thierry Mugler's Angel and its variations that please so many nowadays.

I was 17 or 18 years old when I started wearing this lovely fragrance. It would make so happy and carefree. Used to wear it to school! I still think it is a nice deal for teens, young ones and the young spirited in general. It smells deep yet clean. Sweet yet fresh. Very good. I miss it and miss the way it made me feel.

There is a lot of honey, vanilla and tobacco going on this perfume. Its fruity notes are adorable. The floral notes are awesome, specially ylang-ylang. Although it surely has this creamy, sweet side, it brings, as said before, some fresh aspects too.

It is a low price fragrance, but it smells more expensive than it really costs.

Warning: it can be headache inducing. Wear it lightly and it will work in a lovely and seductive way on you.

jeffreydame
jeffreydame

It's always a charge to see brands you develop years later being worn and discussed. I developed the original Animale for Men while VP Marketing at Parlux in 1992/93, and as a follow-up in 1994 we launched the Animale Animale for Men. The original Angel for Women was taking the world by storm, and I set out as a brief to develop the new Animale Animale for Men as a take-off for men on the original Angel women with a several tweaks to push it more masculine. This was before AMen came out. The Animale Animale for Men scent was always rich and full-bodied, complex and meaty - just like how I liked [and still like] men's fragrances with plenty of great ingredients. It's been almost 20 years since launch now and I can't recall the perfume house which won the brief, but I was working with Florasynth, Robertet, Takasago, Firmenich and Creations Aromatique at the time, so it was one of those five. I don't know who makes the essential oil for Animale Animale for Men now, but I would hope and guess that it is still pretty good stuff. Manufacturers make many puzzling decisions, but generally won't go out of their way to spoil a good thing. For the print ad we rented a real tiger from Lion Country Safari and shot a painted up male model with the cat in the bush. But that's a story for another day. I wanted to name the brand Animalaso instead of Animale Animale but lost out. Enjoy.

georgequeue
georgequeue

This fragrance is just gorgeous! I'm glad I bought a full bottle.

Caramel, tobacco, and chocolate are greatly put together with lavender to create such an amazing addictive elixir! Pure classy and endless happiness turned into perfume.

Overall score: 10/10

UPDATE: Today I love this fragrance even more that I did yesterday...The girl I'm dating just loved it!!! :)

Neomax3
Neomax3

A blind buy base on the reviews here.. After Encre Noire disappointment of its longevity wanna try something more intense and hoping Animale Animale is a good choice.. Positive things first.. Brilliant opening.. good combination of pineapple, lemon and lime.. as said its a very good gourmand scent that brings pleasures.. on negative side.. fragrance is great just wish it last longer on my skin.. God I need something more intense!

Fahl
Fahl

I knew that Parlux is the Animale perfumes manufacturer.
Parlux manufactures several cheap perfumes, but some of them are very good for the price.
Honestly, it's really a good idea to use a gem in an environment where people will not appreciate it?
Several women told me that Rochas Lui, Chanel Egoïste and YSL M7 were stinky.
Imagine if was Chanel Antaeus ?
I tested Paris Hilton's Just for Me, another Parlux fragrance, and it is a very good fragrance for general use. For the price, it's a bargain.
I will test Animale Animale someday and I will compare it to A*Man.
But I will remember how much it costs and the effect it could cause since it appears to have a moderate sillage.

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

Animale definitely be A*Men's grandfather, I do see the similar in the design from both the scent and the bottle

@ Meucci

And just how do you know that? This has been around longer then most of the colognes that you might be thinking this is an imitation of.

Also, do you know for a fact that 90% of the votes are false? Did you take a poll and I happen to miss out?

StinkOMatic

Finally got mine yesterday, here is my take on it. The open is a little sweet, not as sweet as i thought it may have been, there is a harsh spicyness to it for me that lasts for about 30 minutes to an hour that gives it that masculine smell, then it dries down into a nice sweet smell, but not too sweet. it lasts well over 8 hours on my skin. Overall not too bad, wouldn't say it's as good as everyone says, but it is nice.

xbcraig
xbcraig

A blind buy and I payed the price. How can anyone compare this to Pure Malt or A Men ? I own both and they are in a different league. Sample this before buying !

horus11c
horus11c

Blind buy based on reviews, got 3.3 for $19. Really happy with the purchase, wife is not a big fan of A men but liked this one. smells sweet, not too complex and longevity is very reasonable. for less than 20 bucks this is great bargain and is even better than Angel products in my opinion.

Update: Pure Havane is much better. The cheap make up of this frag is starting to show as i use it. Would def. not buy again. That is if i can finish the bottle.

StinkOMatic

i am blind buying this, just waiting on my package to arrive from overseas. I got it purely based on reviews i have read. Im not expecting too much from this though. I will add my thoughts once i get it

tna11

done anyone know where I can buy this online or store in uk?
pm if you know
Really hard to find this beauty in UK!
Would love to add this to my collection

thanks guys

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

I really love this Juice, ,the top is one of the best ive ever smelt and the lovely chocolate drydown is just fantastic..
my advise is to buy, because i feel its gonna be like escadas magnetism in a few years and start to sell for crazy prices because its discontinued..get it now while its cheap...
tip,,spray animale animale on neck and on your chest put a single spray of dhi,,im a chocolate monster

Smyle12

People like this stuff. I don't know why. I gave my bottle to my Dad after spraying it onto a paper towel and having the sharpness of the cheap and synthetic tobacco note linger in my nose for a solid hour or so. I smells NOTHING AT ALL like Rochas Man btw. If anything, it smells like a cheap, sharp, almost astringent version of A*Men marred by the pungent smell of cheap tobacco. Yuck. I'm sure I won't be getting any fragrantica balloons for this one just like the last time I tried to review it, (despite it being spot on) as everyone seems to get their rocks off on this dated smelling precursor to A*Men. Surprise me though. :) Save a little extra money and buy A*Men. It's a classic for a reason. This juice costs $20. Also... for a reason.

ph4tk0nt0ll3r
ph4tk0nt0ll3r

I really want to blind by this, however i have never smelled any of thierry mugler's stuff. Could someone compare this to rochas man?

tna11

done anyone know where I can find this online or store in uk?
pm if you know
thanks guys

oliseeger
oliseeger

What a perfume!! Honestly, everyone should have at least one bottle of Animale Animale!
This week, after reading a lot of positive reviews about it, I decided to buy a bottle. I grew more and more anxious to smell it but once I had piano class, I couldn’t open it till the time I got home. I was afraid that I wouldn’t like it, but as soon as I sprayed on my skin…WOW!!! Wonderful!!! Love at first sight!!
It’s the perfect combination between vanilla, honey and tobacco. It's sweet but not cloying!! Sillage and projection are great too!!
An excellent masculine gourmand that will fill you with joy!!

RobbieX

A lovely, sweet, masculine scent with lots of character. Deep honey, vanilla and patchouli. Longevity and silage excellent. It's just gorgeous!

Deefit

In several reviews on Animale I heard people say that if you don't like A*Men you could still like Animale, I actually find this to be true! It is sweet, but not overly sweet.

I found that the notes listed on Basenotes differ from the ones listed here on Fragrantica. What I picked up in the top seems like a combination of honey and pineapple to me. Underneath I find some chocolate, though it isn't mentioned in the notes here in Fragrantica. Also some tabacco. And something that reminds me of amber, though I am not sure that is really in there. Could be the mixture of notes? It reminds me a bit of Ralph Lauren's Polo Explorer, which also has amber in it. Vanilla is lingering softly in the background.

But I do have to say, this is not as strong in sillage as I would have expected. Maybe that is just my skin, it seems I always get less sillage than the charts here on Fragrantica usually indicate.

The opening is very nice, sweet and lovely. But the drydown on this, that's where its power is to me. Very mature, classic, stylish scent. I already like it and this is just the first time I'm wearing it.

So, all in all, is it worth the money? To me, it most definitely is! For this money, I don't mind going a little crazy with the sprayer next time, to see what happens with sillage. And with Animale Animale my succesful blind buy streak continues, hehe!

/edit: There are a lot of different opinions on the subject of its similarity to A*Men Pure Havane and Pure Malt. To me, Animale Animale is somewhere in between Pure Havane and Pure Malt. Both of the Muglers share similarities to Animale Animale but still they are clearly three different fragrances. If you'd smell the three of them blind, it's easy to tell Pure Malt and Pure Havane are related to each other.

Keep in mind that Animale Animale was launched over 15 years before either of the Mugler flankers but hands down, it's not as warm as Pure Havane. Where Pure Malt is more fruity sweet, Pure Havane is warmer than the other two with its vanilla and cocoa heart.

/edit2: This reminds me of Thierry Muglers Angel a lot! Or Angel reminds me of this. The first time I smelled Angel, I immediately had Animale Animale in my head. At least during the opening.

fire_fist
fire_fist

A blind buy based on all the positive reviews I read and, honestly, I just DONT understand why this has been marketed as a department store scent, this stuff is MILES ahead of that class range, i dare say even better than SOME mid class scents!

A very solid masculine gourmand scent. Up top i get this sweet luscious honey with a slight hint of vanilla, which then transitions into a musky note, finally settling down into a comfortable chocolate with slight hint of woods and oakmoss.

The projection and sillage were really good, and it easily lasts all day. I was surprised it doesn't have that cloying factor you tend to get with cheap fragrances, but like i said, MILES ahead! Perfect for the cooler days.

Deefit

Last week I blindly ordered a bottle. I'm really curious what this smells like. The combination of honey, vanilla, pineapple and tabacco made me interested and since I don't have any gourmands or sweet fragrances in my wardrobe yet, I thought I'd give this a try.

Lock1454
Lock1454

*I do not have a nose that is well trained - this is my rudimentary opinion of this scent*

Like others have said, this smells very similar to A*Men sans the harsh tar note at the start. It isn't the longevity/projection beast that A*Men is, but it does last a very good ~7 hours with good pojection, people WILL smell you. I actually prefer this level of omph, I don't really want people smelling me before I come up the stairway and through the front door :P I have had individuals comment on my smelling nice and telling me that I was wearing A*Men (although my mother suggested I smelled like her Angel perfume -_-).

Overall this is a smooth sweet scent that has a nice blend of chocolate, vanilla and touches from the floral spectrum. It leans slightly towards the male side of things but could perform as a unisex for those women who could pull it off.

Applied sparingly, I could see this performing as an office scent during the cooler months, however this is primarily geared to nights out during the fall, winter and milder spring evenings.

A good cologne that is made all the better by it's comparatively low price. This is not a poor man's version of A*Men, it's another option that is comparable which happens to carry a more affordable price tag. It is a safe buy if you enjoy a sweet, chocolate, powdery cologne that is a very nice middle of the road scent between A*Men/Pure Malt/Pure Havane. If you aren't sure which of those you prefer or on a tight budget, I highly recommend getting this.

mtheory8
mtheory8

A*men without the tar note for sure. Its also a little sweeter but has all the DNA similarities as A*Men. Upside? Lets see... 1/3 of the price for what I think is a slightly better smell.

There will be people who say this smells "cheap". But the fact is, even some of the reviewers on youtube reviewing have a hard time telling them apart.

If we put these two in unlabeled bottles, take away prices. I think more people will prefer AA over A*Men. I personally don't think A*Men smells more expensive...

jht4060
jht4060

I love this stuff. It is comforting, sweet but not too sweet, modest but just complex enough to hold your attention, and dirt cheap. Even the goofy bottle, with its cheap plastic clip-on front, has come to please me from its association with such a nice fragrance. I got it almost on a whim and it has come to win my affections over a number of expensive sweet gourmands, including A*men. If you gave it a classy bottle and called it "Vanille Orientale" there would probably be some market for it at 10 times the price. (Though this may say more about the wildly inflated price of niche perfumes than it says about Animale Animale.)

There are some nice fruit notes up top, gradually giving way to a honey, nutmeg, and cocoa middle, and then a gentle vanilla, amber, and wood base. It is lovely throughout, and it is fairly strong and lasts well.

havardize
havardize

Very, Very, Very much sugar. Reminds a Pure Havane, but with honey greatly exaggerated, mixed with citric notes providing a qualm.

Cmf
Cmf

This scent certainly is not too complex. It is masculine, it is simple. Imagine a sweet gourmand with the most dominant hints being a smooth chocolate and vanilla coupled with a darker patchouli and woodsy note I can't quite pick out. Overall a great scent for virtually no cost. This will last you 6 hrs and smell a sweet masculine throughout.

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

It seems as if there is a tremendous amount of variety in how people perceive this fragrance. What stands out to me is a strong vanilla, with a sugary sweetness, which never gets cloying thankfully. Beneath I can catch pineapple, and tobacco too, but beyond that, the rest is just too subtle for my nose to distinguish. Definitely some flowers and woody notes, but I can't really put my finger on any of them. It's a very pleasant, alluring fragrance. Sweet, strong, quite noticeable, in a positive way. Perhaps a bit too noticeable for an office or work setting though, I'd recommend against wearing it in such a situation.

On my skin, projection is good to excellent, lasting a good 6 hours, and silage is extremely good, I was leaving trails of it for the duration. Overall, I found the strength of the EdT to put many EdPs to shame. It was not what I expected for such an inexpensive fragrance. Kudos to Animale for that. Just be careful, though. Because of the strength and sweetness, too high a dose can easily get cloying and overpowering.

This isn't a clone of the original A*men by any means, if I had to compare it to anything from the A*men line, I'd say it's closest to Pure Malt. Honestly though, I think Animale Animale for Men really stands on its own. While it is definitely a strong, sweet, gourmand, evening/night, fall/winter/cold weather sort of scent, it is definitely distinct enough from the more common ones to be noticed. And for the price, really surprisingly good.

guitarravolador
guitarravolador

Love vanilla! kinda get that dated feeling from the tobacco, but I actually enjoy it. Lasts a long time and works well with my skin, unlike other frags... My skin is a scent killer :(

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

A*Men is refined, so does this! (who could doubt that?)
Animale Animale, oh what a name, and what a wonderful and great fragrance it is!
Great value, great quality, and who cares the cheap looking bottle? I'd buy this stuff should the juice is filled in a plastic spray or cough-syrup bottle!
This fragrance deserve every single praise in the thread, not because the 'brand' it carries, nor its cheap retail price, but because of its great superb scent. Love it!

raiyanhasin
raiyanhasin

Although people call this 'modern', I must say this is more of an oldschool scent. I have smelled this back in the days when I was a kid. That being said, it is not outdated at all, but all-time classic. One of the best gourmand fragrances ever created with a gingery-fougere vibe. Spices, cigar, and honey-amber which I find sour contrary to the general views which states them being sweet.

The pineapple does not create a fruity, but rather a woody smell along with sandalwood and nutmeg.
The overall smokiness and something reminiscent of incense creates a seductive fragrance that is a lasting and projecting powerhouse.

I used to smell it on my grandfather and on my uncles in the mid and late 90s. Wasn't a big fan of the smell, but now, I'm addicted to it. Can't stop smelling in on me. Anywhere you go, you are going to smell unique from all the PRs and Armanis. Will get you noticed and will earn you compliments.

Similar to A*Men minus the overly chocolaty-date smell that would make you smell like Arabian coffee which is nauseating. Even if A*Men started selling for 20 something dollars like Animale Animale, I'd by this over any Thierry Muglers any day. Does not smell like anything like the alcohol notes of Pure Malt, but I do get similarities with Pure Havane.

This is a masterpiece (made before any of the Thierry Muglers came out) and one of the best kept secrets in my arsenal. Do not let the price fool you, but do not blindbuy...this is not for everyone and not for kids. As for me, I'll keep buying as long as they make it.

The woodsy-spicey cigar is to die for! Easily better suited as my signature scent than Zara Gold, but I have to reserve this beauty for those special occasions where I need to make a statement.

UPDATE: Previously I stated that this was a longevity and projection monster. I was right about the longevity, but regarding projection, it is just too unpredictable to have a standard. Sometimes it projects like a monster, but other times you have to sniff real close to detect it. Meaning under certain conditions, it sits very close to the skin. This requires body heat to be activated to its fullest potential...so remember to wear in on your skin rather than your clothes.

UPDATE 2 : ANIMALE ANIMALE has got THE worst sprayer that I've ever had to come across. I Have seen 2 dollar hairsprays spray better than this...you need to press it firmly and repeatedly 5-6 times to get juice out that is worth of just one good spray. and the overall bottle quality is shabby (not that I should complain...only 20 bucks)...shame such a beast comes out of such an atrocious opening.

silentrich
silentrich

Don't think twice about buying it. It's around $20 a bottle and is great juice. One of if not the best bargain fragrance you can buy.

DJM

My bottle states it's made in the USA!

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

Best $20 ever spent! So pleasant! Very good quality without ripping into your pocket. A MUST-HAVE for any collection.

iowahawkeye63
iowahawkeye63

If your a big fan of A*MAN as i am you need get this .....I absolutely love this fragrance .....its a mild version of A*MAN .....its a cheapy but a goodie.. its a must have:)

jennix
jennix

Awesome. It reminds me of childhood cakes, but also smells really ... honey and vanilla,vanilla and honey with delicate rose scent. Amazingly beautiful

royalLionheart
royalLionheart

Blind bought this even though i'm not a fan of sweet fragrances but just had a feeling i should try this one so just got it delivered and.. It is delicious!! Winter only for me, classy, interesting very addictive when dry. When I first sprayed it I just got a sharp pineapple, zesty and animalistic sex scent happening but develops nicely, nice dark chocolate powder in there. Impressive, wonder what the sillage and longevity will be like. Not to be layered! Hit the skin once on neck and chest.
Hmm won't need my Body Kouros after smelling this :/

trickykid300
trickykid300

this is the best bang for your buck, woman like the spicyness and sweetness. Honey has natural hormones in it, because it is basically made from the sex organs of a bee. It is better than theirry mugler's angel man becuase the projection doesnt fill the room but it powers through the winter, this is my go to einter cologne, defintely worth the 20 bucks.
Unless you want to pay $200 for slightly bettr projection, buy angel man.

Mprodigy

Does anybody know who designed AA?

Mprodigy

I bought a bottle of AA yesterday. Based on the reviews I gave it a chance and I have to say that when I tried it was love at first sight. For example, last night I went to a meeting and throughout the night I could feel different notes. At first something like A * men but not so pervasive and caramelized, then pineapple predominated, later cocoa and today when I woke up something if a tasty honey was there. The longevity is great (at least 8 hours) and also the sillage. I think this fragrance works with your stomach because you get hungry, is very sweet and made me want to smell my wrist all the time and even take a bite. Not tried it on a date, but I imagine the sweet girls will love this one. Could someone tell me if you received compliments from women? Applause for Animale Animale!!!.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

Bargin Bin King! I blind purchased this for $19.99 and I gotta say this is a great fragrance. Imagine A*Men with a mature edge to it and you have Animale Animale. It's sweet but boozy, which tones the fragrance down. This can be a great winter work scent. Overall, I find myself reaching for Animale Animale over A*Men for the simple fact its more versatile.

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

The most complemented fragrance in my big collection
My wife and sister love it and complement me every time
I can't live with out it.This is a masterpiece .
Overall score: 11/10 it exceeds 10 because of the price .

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

It took me 2 long months to find a way to like this fragrance. Initially, I was turned way off by the oak moss and tobacco in this fragrance - it smelled very dated. But after awhile (maybe the notes finally settled after the treatment it received during shipment) I kinda like this fragrance with no more than 2 sprays (1 neck and 1 chest). You cannot overspray this one and you cannot spray the same area twice, this gets too cloying and too sweet - a real headache inducer. With two sprays, I get the honey, pineapple, vanilla, "chocolate", and oak moss mixing to form a real relaxing gourmand fragrance, meant to be worn on a cold night with a thick sweater.

Smyle12

Most over-hyped fragrance ever? Probably. I gave mine to my dad. He doesn't have the world's greatest taste.

Blaze00
Blaze00

I just recieved my cologne 10 min ago. Beautiful !!!!! For a cheapie from 1994 i am very amazed. Contrary to some people it doesnt smell dated but very refined, classy . You cant just put this with a t-shirt. The shirt'n'suit is mandatory. It begins with a huuuge blast of tobacco mixed with a mix on vanilla-honey (a little). Then slowly dry down to a juicy honey-vanilla with some pinches of tobacco. All this mix can remind you of dark chocolate which is very good !!!!

I never smelled Pure havane but i can see this one less agressive than A*men. It stills have power.

Tips : Layer this with Axe dark temptation shampoo and shower gel.... Chocolate man is alive !!!!!!

8.5 / 10

kavi
kavi

My skin did not agree too well with this, I got a dated vibe from it and that kinda put me off. If you get a chance, try before you buy.

RobbieX

This scent is special, it has everything I like in a fragrance: potency, soapyness, freshness, spicyness, sillage and character. It is a little like Amen with more honey and it's smoother. A beautiful oriental for men! Gotta be in my top 10.

andy

pure malt sweetness with some tobacco thrown in and a little bit of chocolate with less sillage than thierry mugler

I think its good if ur on a budget or not into collecting but if u are a hardcore collector it will probably be lacking in smell for ur collection

vicente.zacatenco
vicente.zacatenco

Es una fragancia agradable, predomina mucho el aroma a piña, este olor es similar al que se percibe al abrir una lata de piña en almibar. El aroma que se queda de fondo al pasar las horas es muy agradable.

rajeev
rajeev

a proud owner of this magic potion in a bottle of 100ml. use it very sparngly... but guaranteed, every time i wear it, atleast 2/3 people ask wot m i wearing.

tastetherainbow87

Just got this today it's really sweet Cologne I'm getting honey note really good it's a great but good juice and nice bottle

matiasrf
matiasrf

Animale Animale is a really sweet fragrance. It starts with vanilla and something alcohoolic, maybe malt. In the drydown you can scent more of a woodsy note, and then it starts to get addicting.

Great smell, but, perhaps, too strong for some people. You should never spray it many times, otherwise you can have a headache. I use to spray 2 times on my neck, and one time at my fist, so this way i can smell this amazing fragrance all the time. So, when i'm using it, i just keep myself smelling my fist over and over again thru all day.

Its a great buy, specially for its price.

tastetherainbow87

Add this to my next buy :--)

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

First let me say, that my 25 year old son does not ever wear cologne. I bought him some "F" by Ferragamo, but I have to remind him to wear it, and he does so begrudgingly.

I gave him a very small decant of Hermessence Ambre Narguile Hermes and he LOVES the Hermes. But it is hard to get and at present, you can only get it off ebay for too much, or via the Hermes website where you can find it as a part of a "you pick the scent" collection of four 15ml flankers for $145 U.S. So I went on a search for the main notes he loves in the Hermes which is the pipe tobacco, honey, and apple pie scent.

Ok, so, I know nothing about men's fragrances. I don't test them often, if at all, and so I bought my son's bottle of Animale Animale based off of the reviews here on Fragrantica and the similarity (somewhat) to some of the Hermes notes.

When I handed the bottle to my son, I could sense him shrinking inside, like "OOOOh god, WHY is she buying me MORE when I don't even want what I have?".

I spritzed it on him, he indulged me a sniff, and then he shrugged and said, "meh".

I was bummed, sprayed some on myself out of curiosity, and then placed it on his bathroom counter.

The next day he walked up to me and said "Hey, that new cologne you bought me is really good." To say the least I was shocked. "Really?" I asked... and proceeded to tell him about "Drydown evolution".

He nodded and said, "Yeah, I remember you telling me that before, and later last night, I kept getting this really nice scented whiff of myself and it dried down really nice. I like it! I'm going to wear it".

I asked if it was like the Hermes, and he said "No, it is really nothing like that, but its really good". I told him that some aspects where the same, and that we now know what notes he favors and he should look for colognes with those notes when experimenting in the future.

SO... for what it is worth, I can attest that this appeals to my son and I found it rather pleasant as well.

I think it is lovely when you can find a gem amongst the inexpensive scents out there. So, if you are on a budget, and you want a "for sure" great scented blind buy, I say go for this.

P.S. My son later asked if I would buy him a "back up bottle" because he is worried it will get discontinued.

Wow...!! There is a kid after his mother's own heart!!

Cheers!

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

To me this smells exactly like Tomorrow for men by Avon. A well made fragrance. Great scent and decent longevity. Not bad for any fragrance collection.

deesy
deesy

To Mr Smyle,

I do not own this but looking at purchasing this for my partner because cannot get hold of AMen in Aust. However, Mr Smyle, if you are going to review a fragrance then JUST REVIEW the fragrance. There is no need to make reference to weather or not someone can afford A*Men. Your arrogance is somewhat disturbing. My guess is you need to purchase a fragrance that will get you some attention because your personality certainly does not do it for you, or maybe your just very unattractive.

bonarelli
bonarelli

u just cant go wrong with this stuff in any way.

andy

its a great sweet gourmand similar to that of pure malt with some chocolate and the succulent pineapple works perfectly with the chocolate and honey and gives a nice smell.

I am a big fan of this one i have worn it 2 days in a row to work and it really does a great job

I also own pure malt but pm is my clubbing scent and this is my daytime work scent so they both have their own purpose. This one has less lasting power, but perfect strength for an office setting

florindeca

it has a divine smell, a beautifull fragrance and it last long on skin.
Very very very good fragrance.

keffy
keffy

For those of you who REALLY love gourmand fragrances like myself, this one is called the GRANDFATHER of GOURMANDS. It has some similarities to Angel Pure Malt and Angel A-men, it doesn't last half as long as those but it is very good, especially for the price, i bought this one as a blind buy and i dont regret it one bit. Very vanilley, chocolatey and so on , really good gourmand for the price, its also very cheap. Some people suggest that Thierry Mugler got his idea from Animale Animale.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I bought this as a blind buy just based on the reviews and ranking of this fragrance on this site. I have never smelled pure havane but have smelled pure malt, and I see the resemblence due to the sweetness. This is a sweet scent, but it's dirty in all the right ways. The vanilla, honey and tobacco are strong throughout and that what I like. The longevity is OK, but could be better and the projection is good. This is a great fall/winter scent or even a spring/summer night scent in small doses. So far, it's my favorite gourmand type scent along with Rochas man and Givenchy play intense. I would reccomend this over those two though.

stayclose
stayclose

sweet seductive laid back animale. I smell honey vanilla and tabaco I think, which are the notes that really stand out for me but iam not sure. Interesting scent and for $20 for 100ml its a good buy.

Edit: although this a good scent it does short life drying down to a stale patchuli. (But this also could be that I spray it on after the gym. So try to use right after you shower) So have the bottle on hand to keep it fresh if your planing a all night or all dayaffair.

Nicely
Nicely

for me its smells more like pure malt than pure havane. this fragrance is Sex in the bottle guys its a'men pure malt but cheaper.

freddiefingers

I have gotten more compliments on this than on any other fragrance I have worn and believe me,I rotate all the time and never had anyone pass a comment except this!Yes,I get the connection with Pure Havane but given the overall complexity of this makes it a better choice for me than PH.It definitely has to be one of the most underrated fragrances around and to top,the price is still right!!!
To think this had been available long before Mugler hit us with A*Men and his siblings!!!

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

My bottle arrived today, and boy is it ugly. I bought this blind, so I only had others reviews here to go on (thanks all you lovely people).

I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's really musky on me, and I do get some of that tobacco people have mentioned. A slight cigar maltiness, that's hard to put my finger on. I'll have to try it more before I can decide for certain.

I'm wondering if maybe it's a little to heavy and spicy for me?

rienzope
rienzope

Very nice, sweet but not cloying. Musky and long lasting. It's package and price belie its quality

karthiktas
karthiktas

I just bought yesterday. I Like the fragrance, It reminds me Bogart Force Majeure. Now its summer in my country. I think it would be more better in winter or spring. I sprayed 6 on my skin which was very strong, so its better to spray 2. Its sweet. But it is different from other sweet fragrance. Projection is dam fantastic & Longevity is about 5 hours plus. I got lots of compliments. But my brother told that its strong, coz i had 6 sprays, two on wrist, 2 on neck, 2 on elbow. so i will not do it again. 2 spray will be good. I Like it. Its really worth.
MASTER PIECE

freddiefingers

this is quite hard to come by in England.mostly available in US and the customs levy once you buy them makes you feel as if you have been ripped off.Luckily just got one as I never really rated Mugler's line-which this is compared to- till, late after checking out all the reviews.now looks like I have been a fool but sniffing this kind of solves all the problems for me.

I can see this as a very underrated fragrance that to me ticks all the boxes in this category of scents.I havent tried all the Mugler flankers so cant really say which ones this smells like but I love it.

And for the price you really cant go wrong

superb fragrance

nando80
nando80

Oh man I'm thrilled with this fragrance!! It has a sweet scent that reminds me a lot of a mixture of pineapples and chocolate mixed with tad of woodyness. It's definitely a sleeper and a great buy for the price you can usually get it for! I was familiar with Animale which has a lot of similarities to polo sport, but had been sleeping on this one for quite some time. Glad I have it now.

Update:

Better than Thierry Mugler A Men hands down! Animale Animale has better notes and overall scent by far in my opinion.

lflat
lflat

I purchased this as a blind buy. For a cheap priced fragrance, Animale Animale is very good. A nice clean gourmand that is easy to wear. A great work scent or for after hours. This is a must buy for anyone.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Careful you don't mix up this one, Animale Animale for Men, with Animale's other edt, Animale for Men.

That's right. There's Animale Animale for Men and then there's Animale for Men. Confusing, I know.

Anyway, this review is for Animale Animale for Men:

This is an excellent budget alternative to Pure Malt, which is now very expensive, or even the original A*Men, which is always around $50 to 70 USD.

Up top you get a nice pineapple note mixed in with honey, vanilla and patchouli. In the mid there's some woods and musk. And as you get to the base the chocolate and oakmoss really start to emerge. For the first hour or two Animale Animale is really a blend of all of these notes, along with some light florals, and then the pineapple and honey and florals fade out and what you're left with in the end is vanilla, chocolate, oakmoss, and woods.

Animale Animale is a pretty smooth scent that's easy to wear. It's not as abrasive as A*Men (there's no tar and the patchouli is turned way down) and the projection, while good, is not monstrous. Longevity is solid. It could work in either a casual or formal situation, and best in cooler weather.

For 20 dollars a bottle, you can't go wrong.

Odiee99
Odiee99

Chocolate & Oak-moss? Who would have thought this combination would have worked. Animale Animale not only pulled it off, they created a beautiful fragrance. Similar to A*men, yes, but definitely cleaner, more refined.It is a strong fragrance, but not as aggressive as A*men. I put this on at night when I come home from work because I just love the smell. This is one of my favorites of all time.

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

Yes, there is no doubt that the chocolate note is the protagonist of this olfactory experience. I am not a huge fan of gourmand scents, but I am very fond of this one here. Everytime I wear this, especially on colder weather, it always gives me a cozy feeling, it just suits perfectly in cold days.
I can clearly smell the pineaple and honey and some citrus in the opening. It is a very sweet opening. Then the chocolate kicks in a few seconds later, and becomes more proeminent throughout the fragrance's evolution on the skin. The very first time I sprayed this one on me, one friend of mine asked if I was wearing Angel for women. lol. I don't remember if I smelled Angel woman before, but apparently they shall be very similar in the top notes.
Well, then, for several hours I get chocolate and moss, a quite interesting combination, because it adds to the chocolate note some fresh feel, and plays with a nice ambiguity of warm and fresh sensations at the same time. This ambiguity helps the fragrance keep its appeall, never becoming cloying or boring. In the end, what's left is a powdery and ambery chocolate, very deliciously addictive.
Overall a very nice creation from Animale parfums.

Rate: 8.0/10

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Quiet strong but still pretty. Sweet and spiced-like cologne which the extreme sillage (it's look noisy sometimes) and the long lasting make it work . Has the awesomeness dry-dow: I just can remember a lot of tobacco and fruits.

Anup
Anup

I don't think that Bigsly understands that cheap plastic marble doesn't affect the scent whatsoever.
People like you are the sole reason this fragrance is a niche, and i thank you for it. This is far different from A*men; it lacks that "HEY IM HERE,LOOK AT ME" aspect of it. Which isn't bad, unless you're in a situation where subtlety is key.
It's much brighter about the way it goes about smelling, with it's pineapple and smooth tobacco. where as A*man utilizes caramel and sticky sweet tobacco.

Animale Animale gives you about a 3-4 foot area where people can enjoy the scent, and it lasts all day, .
In a nutshell, if you're looking for a brighter version of the masterpiece A*men, then i would recommend that you pick this up.

I approve.

Smell: 7.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: (stays pretty close, but dosen't fade) 8

As a newbie I came to regard this as an irritating "blob" scent, though now I recognize the strong florals. Perhaps that was because there are so many different kinds of notes vying for dominance at first, along with some fairly strong aroma chemicals. This phase does not last long, perhaps 20 minutes or less. After that it seems quite "feminine," though that certainly doesn't bother me (I wouldn't wear it in public, though). There';s no strong note here that one might describe as clearly "masculine," and the pineapple/fruity quality is rather stronger than I'd like it to be. It's not outrageously sweet, however, but the strong aroma chemical element lasts too long for me. After two or three hours it loses a lot of its potency and becomes generic, IMO, though I didn't really like it up to that point anyway.

These days, ones has so many choices in this range, many of them even less expensive than this "cheapo," so I'm not sure that I'd ever want to wear it. If you want more of a tobacco-ish scent like this, for example, there's Bogart Pour Homme. Then there's Yacht Man Chocolate, which simply needs to be applied more liberally than just about any other scent I've tried. Another "cheapo" that I prefer is Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne. Jacomo for Men has strong pineapple, along with a coffee note, and is a more "masculine" and intelligent composition, IMO. Even Spark for Men is a better gourmand composition, by a wide margin (to me). And then there are more expensive ones, like Pure Havane and others of the A*Men line. In short, I don't understand the appeal of Animale Animale, other than among those who haven't done much sampling.

Diego de Barros Pereira
Diego de Barros Pereira

This scent is perfect, strong the way I like. On me, the notes of pineapple and vanilla are easy to perceive. I'm eager to try A*men, because I've heard it's even stronger.After trying A men, Icould perceive no similarity, AA is cheaper but better in all the ways.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

In my opinion Animale Animale is not similar to the A*Men. This is a Frutal oriental fragrance. However A*Men have strong notes as caramel and coffee, while Animale Animale in your evolution have some frutal notes. However the honey and vanilla notes keep up the notes in the beginning, at the final evolution of fragrance. Perhaps, so the similarity with the A*Men.

costaleo
costaleo

The opening resembles A*man a lot, but it evolves differently and the drydown is a completely distinct fragrance. It's quite masculine and enjoyable. An option for those who thing Mugler's masterpiece is too much.

scentualMan

This is just a solid, masculine scent with floral notes, fruit notes, and a touch of cocao. The vanilla neutralizes some of the chocolate aroma so that it isn't too much. The oakmoss in the dry down creates a masculine finish that's versatile enough to be worn casually or formally. If wearing it during warm weather, go easy on the trigger. This one's got pretty good projection and sillage all by itself. Recommended for those who don't enjoy A*Men. Thumbs up!

gmmcnair
gmmcnair

My all time favorite fall and winter fragrance. Classy, powerful, and delicious to the end. Similar to A*men in some respect but none of the tarry notes that I find repellant.

scentology
scentology

Nothing else needs to be said. A total Winner. Got it instead of Animale but turned out longer lasting and fruitier. This is absolute class and elegance...

Cassiano
Cassiano

There is nothing special to say about this one.

It is very similar to A*Men (sweet, intense and powerful), for a lower price and with the good quality of Animale’s colognes, which I think are great!

10 golden stars!

scentualMan

This is a solid gourmand fragrance, and one that I would easily recommend to those who find Rochas Man too light or too feminine. I find this equally sweet with more cocoa than Rochas Man and less emphasis on the lavender and coffee. I personally like them equally, though I do think that Rochas Man is more refined. This fragrance is extremely tenacious and extroverted so only those who are comfortable with sweet scents can pull this off. Also, I love the citrus/pineapple top notes that hang around for a while.

varondandy
varondandy

I actually like this one better than a*men...try it she'll love you over and over. ciao!

guest_AG
guest_AG

smells wondeful!!! i mix this with chocolate shower gel and body lotion and oh my god im in heaven!!!!

Jave26
Jave26

How isn't this more popular, this smells wonderful from beginning to end. This definitely knocks A*Men out wish I would've discovered this sooner, a great sleeper that I will be using regularly.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

the forerunner to A-men! those bums shoud be sued,now theyre filthy rich & these guys cant even be found in fine retail stores. i came across it years ago @ perfumania with the buy one get one half price sale. my nose was still maturing and when angel came out it took me a couple of years to put it together,because i KNEW that i had smelled this somewhere before.

Renato

Interesting how the notes in the description above make no mention of chocolate - which is the note that just about everyone immediately smells. I think it's a marvellous long lasting chocolate scent, which predates all of the more popular later ones.

It doesn't have the tar notes of A*men, but is more masculine than Rochas Man.
Renato

Animale Animale for Men by Animale 4.18 out of 5 based on 503 ratings and 110 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Animale Animale Animale for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Animale Animale Animale for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Animale Animale for Men by Animale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Animale Animale for Men by Animale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.