Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Anna Sui Anna Sui for women

Anna Sui Anna Sui for women
dislike

Anna Sui Anna Sui for women Pictures

Anna Sui by Anna Sui is a Floral fragrance for women. Anna Sui was launched in 1999. Top notes are orange, apricot, green accord, raspberry and bergamot; middle notes are floral notes, iris, jasmine, orris root, lily-of-the-valley and bulgarian rose; base notes are tonka bean, sandalwood, amber and cedar.

Orange Apricot Green Accord Raspberry Bergamot

Floral Notes iris Jasmine Orris Root Lily-of-the-Valley Bulgarian Rose

Tonka Bean Sandalwood Amber Cedar

Lou Lou Blue

Anna Sui Fragrance Reviews

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

I don't get much of the citrus top notes or any of the other florals really,this is very rose dominant for me, lovely powdery rose with a bit of woods and spice in the background. Very feminine and elegant, with a dark edge. Love it!

NouveauDruid
NouveauDruid

Wayyy back when I got this in a swap I didn't know what to think of it.

The orris root was extremely dominant, the rose dusty and moldy, the other notes fairly non-existent to me. It could be the bottle had been stored improperly. Or it could be that the scent didn't live up to my dreams of Anna Sui clothes one day becoming my full wardrobe. Ahhhh....

So, I put if away for about ten years, it turned out, not thinking much about it in all that time.

When I dug it back out, it hit me. MORTICIA ADDAMS. She of the lopping-off-the-buds of roses and keeping the stems in a vase. Anna Sui isn't green, though. It's those lopped-off rose heads, whose blood, long drained out, has dried and left a stain that adds to its beauty rather than marring it.

Wearable? Yes. But I admit to being in a dark mood if I don't layer it with sandalwood, vanilla, or patchouli.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Anna Sui's debut fragrance is a beautiful floral amber. The opening is fruity and sweet, letting you know that this scent is for women who don't care for musk or incense, or you like to mix it up sometimes and wear fruity florals. I'm a perfume slut so I wear whatever. This has an orange scented opening in the first spritz. The bergamot and apricot especially is noticeable. The raspberry scent wafts up soon afterward. The floral heart is composed of lily of the valley, jasmine, rose and iris. The rose-iris combo here not to mention orris root provide the scent with a dusty powdery quality but it's not too powdery. On me this was mostly a traditional fruity floral but the apricot gives it a jammy quality that is very nice. The fragrance dries down to amber which I felt was the dominant base note. There is also a hint of wood and something slightly vanillic (Tonka bean). Sweet, feminine, uncomplicated and lovely. I recommend this perfume for day time casual wear for spring and summer months.

nitschevo
nitschevo

One of the more unusual scents around these days. However, after reading some reviews I think that my nose perceives this one a little differently. To me this one could be a cousin of JPG Ma Dame. It has a similar fruity, powdery and fresh vibe. But the woodsy notes set this one apart, I assume it must be the cedar. It has a smoky quality to it, at least on my skin. Like it's burning very slowly. A little like incense. Hm... Quite hard to explain.The wafts I get are lotion like fruity florals but up close the incense is burning. Strange! But I like it :) And the bottle is beautiful!

Edit: Few hours in this is a jammy and velvety rose with cedar and a touch of fruits. Hmmmmm....

Renata tang

It smells like vintage makeup powder.Stunning yet subtle, not really loud. Classic and elegant lady should have one!

meissie1982
meissie1982

I have the vintage, a 100 ml,the bottle is clear with the black rose design round the edges. The liquid is purple. The stopper is the same. Lasting power is good.

scarlett.angel

Does anyone know if the vintage Anna Sui from 1999 (larger bottle I hear) still exists? I have read so many reviews including SuzySchnabel's, the one I have is the typical reformulated 30ml bottle found everywhere which doesn't last AT ALL or have the old notes. I would love to find this elusive vintage.
PS> If anyone remembers, was the vintage in a clear bottle with black rose print around the edges printed on the actual bottle, instead of this purple-tinted bottle with the thick black plastic edges on the reformulated design? Similar black rose topper with gold band?

peaspeace
peaspeace

I have always admired Anna Sui's gothic-princess aesthetic from her eclectic vintage-inflected designs to the stunning Victorian noir packaging that adorns her makeup and perfume line.

Sadly, not many of her perfumes live up to that aesthetic. Many of them are insipid watery "fruity-floral" concoctions that smell more shampoo than perfume. Perhaps one of the only ones that smell "Anna Sui" to me is the original Anna Sui.

Let me preface this review by saying I love all things Victorian, as I think the fashion and architecture of the era was just plush and beautiful.

Anna Sui is a chilling perfume, it smells downright cold to me. The petals of rose and iris smell dried, not potpourri, but as if it is past their time and they fallen off the stem. In my imagination, it is almost winter and dead flower petals cascade down in front of an abandoned Victorian castle. Perhaps it is the black roses on the packaging that brings to mind the Victorian image but anytime I wish to re-visit this haunting panorama, I put on this perfume.

From that description, you might imagine it to be a bleak and desolate perfume and why would anyone in their right mind want to smell like dead flowers?

But far from that Anna Sui is delicate and feminine and wears like an expensive silk slip on the skin. There is a touch of powder in the mix and it renders the perfume an antique and somewhat dusty touch, like an exquisite ballgown that has just been re-discovered in a forgotten chest in someone's attic among troves of pearls, old love letters and secrets. This not to say it's a heavy perfume, as Anna Sui retains a soft luminous touch throughout. My only gripe with this perfume is its low sillage, after an hour it is barely a whisper on my skin.

Some would say Anna Sui dated and old, in but I would say it is timeless with a historical touch.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

This smells very synthetic to me. When sniffing from the bottle, and when first applied, it smells quite glamorous and romantic – and I tried it on after encouraging comments here that it has rose and iris, two of my favourite accords – but soon enough, on me it began to smell like a cheap substitute for something glamorous, like PVC rather than leather, and polyester rather than silk.

Having tried it on in a shop, I felt embarrassed that passers-by might think this was my actual perfume.

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

Yes, ScarletA. and others complaining about the lasting power...this one was good-lasting and my sign. for a period also frequenting and working in the clubs then ( 'house'music such a relief after the boring not dancing 'pilars' in final new-age years ) I used to wear it all the time also at night and it made me stood out, was special and people would compliment or get curious about it.
It's gothic only in a traditional literal/historic way ( Have a closet full of Goth's like Bronte's and contemporaries, never was a "Jane-Austen"girl ) not in a superficial Hollywood or Tim-Burton's way, because it has a subtle, classy melancholic vibe like L'HB or the earliest Opium.
That's why I loved it passionately while the marriage lasted , then I moved on..Kept the empty bottle ! So much nicer and better quality then reformulated and so very cheap bottle of JohnGalliano -the scent included.( Ja, sorry guys.. need to express it because I'm disappointed )
This is 'class'...not 'that one'...it's an 'abstract- boudoir' not the cheap in your face chaos of JG....ok I stop it.. but you see, I actually LIKE that guy and think it's a PITY he really deserves better...)
Cheers + enjoy the vintage ASui !

sea-of-tea
sea-of-tea

I used to wear this in high school and I always thought it smelled like orange french toast with a powdery dry down (was definitely way more sophisticated than Clinique Happy). I wore it for a few years into college, until my BF eventually admitted he thought I smelled like an old lady. That's when I decided to explore other frangrances and gave my last bottle away. Either way, great memories and a lovely starter perfume for me. Awesome bottle too! Not cheesy or overly girly, and with a very nice weight to the glass.

hiuhime
hiuhime

Blind bought based on reviews and discontinued status. To me, the bottle says it all - delicately sensual, slightly dark yet sweet and fleeting.

I love the powdery opening with rose and iris headiness. I just wish it had an undercurrent of skank to bring out the gothic promise (very American that way). I also agree with others that this doesn't last long at all but I enjoy it while I can.

lolitajade

discovered by accident as have all three. Anglomania, Little Black Dress by Avon and Anna Sui by Anna Sui are all VERY similar :)

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

Intense roses plus violets and lavender which aren't actually listed. Reminds me a little of a musty rose talcum powder I was once given yet couldn't use for the reek of it. This for me is a Powerful powdery rose and I see that other reviewers say its light with low silage and longevity, well that's not my experience from the one squirt I took from a tester! This is what Gillian Anderson's Miss Haversham should wear. I wish I could wear it but I wish I could strut around in Anna Sui's silk, velvet and lace looking like a wealthy boho catwalk model ...
It's just not me!

scarlett.angel

A beautiful Gothic feeling scent as described, featuring my two favourite flowers - rose and iris. Sadly disappears on my skin in under 30 minutes! I swear I didn't receive a 'bad' bottle or anything, as I tested it in two stores. I get the top and middle notes; but none of the base. It's invisible. Would absolutely adore this if it lasted. Another "too faint on it's own - need to find something to layer it with" fragrance. Pretty and pointless; yet too gorgeous to pass up. For now, I shall just admire the pretty bottle *sigh* I don't know how people say they wear this out to clubs. A barely detectable scent; amongst all those other smells, there's NO WAY anyone would smell this fragrance on you!

Update: Maybe this used to last years ago; but sadly not any more because this is one of the fastest disappearing scents I own. Tested this again from another store; with a new tester bottle. At first I thought it smelt a little stronger on the paper strip and on skin; but when I got home and compared the two, both fragrances had this unfortunate disappearing act. Sprayed onto clothing it lasts a bit longer. So must be a skin thing. Tried layering with a rose scented body lotion; same problem.

Started off cold and sharp, developed into the the powdery rose-iris combo I love; then just fades away. Somebody said Anna's makeup has this same scent. Honestly I would rather invest in one of her gorgeously packaged lipsticks because this fragrance is useless. At least I know I love rose and iris together even more now; I can find similar fragrances. A nice bottle for collectors but sadly that's it. Gothic indeed, like a ghost that appears briefly before disappearing into the night.

Beccaru
Beccaru

To me this smells exactly like old books or like the smell you'd get from picking up a vintage fur coat. I can't decide if its a love or a hate right now and I've no idea where id wear it but i do know that I'm addicted to smelling my wrist whenever its on. Whoever described it as Victorian hit the nail on the head - the question is... is this how you'd wish to smell.
You can get this for a bargain £13 over at allbeauty for 30ml I can't find a 50ml for a price id be willing to pay which is a shame as the bottle is just gorgeous and I can't think of a bottle that better sums up the fragrance inside.
In 3 words? Gothic, vintage, slightly haunting!!

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Smells like a super light lilac scent to me. Not gothic in the least, really more of a soft springtime scent. It's pretty, but not what I was looking for (was hoping for a deep dark rose/violet combination). Way too light for me :( Seriously, it's like an extremely watery raspberry rose. Staying power is about an hour maybe?

4/10, wearable but not worth buying.

lolitajade

This perfume smells like Vivienne Westwood's Anglomania. I recognised it so much and was trying to think what is was.

Anglomania!!!!!!!! :)

orangetree
orangetree

This is my favourite. Its cold, chilling and haunting.
Someone said its victorian, I would agree, I feel like being in a old victorian house/castle when I wear this. I dont think a lot of people will appreciate its beauty as its a floral, but there is something in here, which is unsettling. I love it.

Smunky
Smunky

This is one I've been wanting to try for a while. I own a few other Anna Sui perfumes, which I quite enjoy. And all the reviews describing it as a "gothic" rose, as well as the note listing itself, and I just knew that I had to have it. Well... on me, it's kind of just a dusty rose... not a fresh-cut one, but one that's starting to lose its petals. Not gothic in the least. Which is ok, not what I was looking for, but still a pretty scent nonetheless and I do like it. However, the longevity and sillage on me are absolutely abysmal. Gone in under an hour after a good dozen (at least) sprays. I can't see reaching for this all that often, to be honest - I don't generally have the inclination to spray myself every hour or two, particularly with a fragrance that is just a "like".

naomikim
naomikim

Predominantly rose. Typical Anna Sui scnet I would say. I have some makeup from Anna Sui like loose powder and nail polishes and they smell like rose too. Dark, gothic, heavy rose. I'm kind of getting tired of it since I used a lot of it but I really enjoyed it when I first got it.

jsmith94062
jsmith94062

If only I could smell it... I know this perfume has been discontinued, so the bottle I have just purchased in 2014 is probably years old. Would that cause the smell to diminish? The reviews really captured my imagination, but the actual juice I have is barely detectable.

Maeva
Maeva

Maybe that unique gothic fragrance mentioned in most of the reviews below is a vintage version of Anna Sui. I just bought my bottle and maybe I got a modern reformulation. Or maybe I can't perceive many of its nuances, which is sad...

It may be considered "gothic" and decadent because of the colours of the bottle and/or maybe its design (beautiful, but doesn't it owe more to Sui's Chinese origin?), or maybe because it smells like vintage cosmetics (?)

For me Anna Sui is above all what we conventionally call "a very feminine fragrance", that is: a pleasant floral, delicately sensual and not without its unavoidable dose of sweetness.

What makes this fragrance more special for me is the way in which the iris-rose combo, which makes this juice powdery and somewhat mysterious, combines with the more refreshing, luminous and uplifting nuances provided by the fruity notes. This is what makes me want a bigger bottle, but it's going to be difficult because since its discontinuation in my country we can only find 30 ml bottles like mine.

Anna Sui is very powdery and delicate, but revitalising and fresh too. In fact the bottle itself suggests a feeling of transparency that is very much like the fragrance it contains. It's too weak for me, with very poor sillage and lasting power (2 hours on my skin). And yet in its first 20 minutes, while it is still intense, it's a real beauty. Maybe the phase that comes afterwards, leading to its gradual, but relentless, disappearance, is what makes this scent a gothic fragrance. All the beauty vanishes and in a couple of hours it will be nothing but a memory. Tempus fugit.

Musume
Musume

American Horror Story but good. Powdery flowers in a incredibly beautiful bottel.A must have for us dark naughty girls.

NanAxlRose
NanAxlRose

Very special! I love it. And the bottle is so beautiful.
I bought it online after reading the reviews here, and boy am I happy I got it.
There are so many things going on in it. It is sweet and floral, and also dark and smokey. I must say WOW.
I reminds me of Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit by Korres - but Anna Sui is more floral.

IslandRadio
IslandRadio

Complex, sultry, dark, a bit mysterious. Yet decidedly American, somehow.

Brings to mind being snuggled up to your lover in a dark booth of a New Orleans coffee shop.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i love the bottle and many of anna sui's designs, which is part of the reason i bought this oh so many years ago. we have parted ways, but i loved this scent. and yes, i would wear it out to goth clubs because it went perfectly with that atmosphere. it was like roses and hairspray and something dark. it was pretty strong on me and was dominated by rose and iris, a dark floral but with a bit of sweetness added. i felt it had a similar feeling (just feeling, not scent) to versace crystal noir, strong dark floral scents, perfect for wearing out on the town.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Wow this is wonderful! To me it smells like juicy black currants, oranges with violets and a bouquet of fresh flowers. It is young at heart, sweet and somewhat edgy, girly fragrance and I love it for that!
Black currant, oranges, raspberry (juicy trio) and fresh florals at initial spray; as it warms up on the skin powdery violets, heliotrope, jasmine and cedar shine right thru.
I got about half a day of silage, quite light and comfortable to wear on a daily basis.
This was a great buy for a great price!

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

This reminds me of the floral-amber-sandalwood combo of Thierry Mugler's Alien, combined with the iris and tonka of Lolita Lempicka... all topped off with a powdery Victorian rose. The opening balances out more with a raspberry note. Even if you focus on the scent itself and ignore the bottle, the fragrance has a slightly "gothic" feeling, a little bit eerie... but still quite soft and feminine. I'm not sure if I'm really a big fan of this one, though.

Beware: A male friend of mine said it smells... um... geriatric!

It is somewhat similar to the smell of Anna Sui's makeup products, but not exact. Certainly a lot darker and woodsier, a little more fruity than just pure floral.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Today I just ordered another, larger bottle of Anna Sui. I've only had this fragrance for a day, but I am in love with it. Something about it reminds me of small shops in my favorite city in the US -- New Orleans, LA. Shops wherein flowers are drying in the rafters, herbs and powders (medicinal?) are filling apothocary jars on the counters. The notes are, to me, as listed above. I find the Tonka Bean in this so delicious! It has Rose, my usual nemesis, but in AS, it is very pretty and does not go sour on me. This fragrance is not for everyone... but if you lean toward the dark a bit, I highly suggest it.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

I agree 100% with the review below me...this is definately dark medieval and gothic. In Dracula's castle, a bouquet of light pink roses lovingly preserved sitting on a vanity once lavish and pristine, now covered in dust and cobwebs. The scent of cold and darkness, this must be the boudoir of the black widow.

It is very unique and lovely, with alot of vintage nuance, it reminds me of old face powder and black lace, and dusty roses.
I love it!;)

Blodeuwedd
Blodeuwedd

Wow! I saw somebody described it as a childish scent... that is similar as if you said that Dior Hypnotic Poison is ozonic / aquatic scent - WRONG. This one is grim, some medieval dungeon full of roses kind of smell. Chills in your bones and some bizzare feeling of being in a hounted house...very very interesting! Bravo!

mintstar
mintstar

This was my first "signature" perfume and I am totally in love with it. I found it in an Anthropologie store. I use it very sparingly since it's long been discontinued and I am afraid of falling into the trap of buying a fake.. anyways, lovely and transporting. Reminiscient of introverted and thoughtful rainy days. Extremely feminine and demure, and the bottle is to DIE for.

LB152
LB152

Blood red lipstick, black lingerie, sultry smokey eyes, black pumps, and lace in a bottle. While there is something quite innocent about this fragrance, there is also something very vampy about it as well. I wore this back in the 90s/2000s in my late teens/early twenties but I will never forget the way in which this fragrance transported me to someplace foreign and unknown at the time. It made me feel more grown up...more worldly…and sultry in a way that I can only comprehend now that I am somewhere in my thirties.

Looking for another bottle...

Kysyona
Kysyona

This scent got me so confused that i am giving it my highest mark already for this ! It is something utterly unexpected and unexplainable: it is warm, and yet you feel a chill in your bones that urges you to reach for a warm shawl to wrap yourself into, it's like a soft caress of a feather against your cheek followed by a slight movement of cool air, as if something unrevealed just crossed your path... It is truly gothic without being vamp, cartoonish or S&M-related: it is melancholy, enchanting, it's full of this rare comfortable loneliness one sometimes experiences, often in November, and puts one in a reflective mood: I just want to stay indoors, drink coffee, flick through old photo albums and succumb to nostalgia, reminiscing on times and people long gone. So original, unlike any scent out there, a true masterpiece but not for everyone. Hoping to be never without a bottle.

Kimreu
Kimreu

This is a very sweet powdery fragrance with just a splash of gothic mystery. Not too much, but just a hint. I like this in the winter time, when it's cold and crisp. High heel boots, soft scarf and a leather coat in New York city.

I haven't worn this in years but I sprayed it on today and it brought me back to the bustling streets of New York. Sugared nut vendors and pretzel stands and.... Jake Gyllenhaal. Ah the explanation: For anyone who frequents NY, it's not uncommon for celebrities to wander about out in the open with the rest of the herd and blend in seamlessly. Mostly because in NY nobody really gives a shhhh...who you are, and that's the truth.

After a healthy spray of my delicious Anna Sui at one of the many Sephora's and a brief encounter with a nut vendor I linked arms with my love and braved the crowded city walk once again...it was cold and just around Christmas time...the streets were crowded with tourists and the surburban New Jersiens out for a nice holiday evening. In the crowd a drop dead gorgeous couple with arms linked like my loves and mine were about to pass us...they were different though...way too beautiful to go unnoticed, yet they were unnoticed by most. The man was strikingly beautiful, gorgeous skin and haunting blue eyes. His tailored long coat and scarf matched a little too well and his blond arm candy was bare faced and flawless. As we passed my scarf blew free into his face, and horrified I pulled in closer and muttered an apology which he didn't acknowledge (hey it was New York, who apologizes?)...As I got a closer look, it was Jake Gyllenhaal. Honestly. No joke no two ways about it definitely Jake Gyllenhaal. I once again apologized 'sorry, Jake.' I smirked and his stoic blank stare turned into a half smile, his arms unlinked from his date and he slowly pulled out sunglasses and placed them on his face. Ahhh Jake Gyllenhaal....wonder what he thought of my precious Anna Sui..I guess I'll never know.

In a nutshell Anna Sui is mysterious, winter time, cool crisp and feminine. Wearable and unforgettable.

By the way this is a true story...

Renata tang

I bought a lot powdery perfume want to have one smells like old fashioned face powder, this is exatcly!
But I am not sure this is I smelled an amazing perfume 10 years before when I was primary school kid.

MaryJaneP
MaryJaneP

This is a very soft, romantic, powdery scent which I LOVED..

However, there is NO staying power.

I prefer to use this for a bed-time fragrance as it is very soft and relaxing and by the time I fall to sleep, I don't need to smell it! LOL! Although, when I wake in the morning the soft lingering smell is very comforting.

antfarm
antfarm

An attempt at powdery-sweet-floral vintage fragrances. Mainstream retro. Smells like Curve for Women in the purple bottle sold at drug stores, but a little bit stronger. Typical mall perfume; I detect a lot of alcohol. My eyes burn if I sniff up close.

Not unpleasant, but nothing quite as special as the cute bottle and unique fashion designer would suggest. I'm a fan of Anna Sui herself, but there is nothing that reminds me of her in this perfume. Also, this is most certainly not gothic or dark in any way--I think that observation is a case of bottle design affecting fragrance perception.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

All I get from this is baby powder and raspberry water and it is very watery has no impact whatsoever.

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

I bought this but it became a favorite of my mother and cousin. My cousin asked me about it the other day, she commented it was so "delicious". The bottle reminds me of me in my early twenties.

akheperure
akheperure

This one strongly reminds me of Yves Rocher's "Folies de Saisons - Fantaisies d'Hiver".
It is a sweet, powdery, romantic and somewhat mysterious smell.
It is nice, but not really my cup of tea.

Bethesda
Bethesda

This is such a unique powdery, sultry and complex floral fragrance. I love it to bits but find it hard to wear now as it reminds me of being a particular age in a particular place. I used to wonder what the future would hold when I wore this, but now I've arrived at that point and I prefer to wear other fragrances that make me think of my life now rather than what it used to be. I do still love to look at the fabulous bottle, though, and smell it every now and then and it takes me back to a different time.

frosting712
frosting712

I'm so glad this one is back in production!

A very sexy dark "mysterious" sort of fragrence. The very best Anna Sui has to be the orginal. Woody, rose, musk. I just love this one. Dark, yet classy.

Does anyone know if the ones being producued now still smell the same as the orginals though????! If you know, please please let me know!

rosecat
rosecat

I find this is my favorite of the Anna Sui line. At one point I thought it had discontinued i was so upset. Anyway... This scent is a very lovely soft cloud of "shy roses" peeking through. It's a comfy snuggle scent that stays close to the skin. It's all Roses on my skin, which is lovely, there is a Powdery sweet undertone & soft Insence which creates a mildness and balance. It's a "quiet" perfume for sure.

Aspendina
Aspendina

one of the most beautiful scent I have ever owned. I don't know if they will make sense but I would describe it as Victorian. When I smell this I think of a lovely Victorian home in maybe Savannah or somewhere southern and maybe even a feeling of an earlier time period, this fragrance just has an antique, unique, lovely kinda of smell to it.

Original first Anna Sui is the only perfume from the whole Anna Sui's line of perfumes that I like.
I had a small bottle many years ago and loved it!
I actually found it too dark for everyday use, but it was such a lovely strong floral and romantic scent!
Raspberry was quite a new note at that time. Anyway I'm happy that it is not a raspberry fragrance. It was much much more complex than that and also slightly powdery. Both sweet and mysterious, it was a dreamy scent for me. Then I became a little bored with it, especially in summer heat.
I could never find it again, but I found so many other Anna Sui's instead, all terrible, harsh and cheap to my nose! Oh, and that scaring doll series... brr!!
Only the first one smelled good.

tklicavoli
tklicavoli

Anna Sui smells like raspberries, roses, black lace, deep kisses, and purple, just like the juice inside. It's vintage with a modern edge.

The first thing that jumps out at me is raspberry and black currant. The berry notes aren't overly ripe or tart but earthy and warm. Nectarine and green apple add just a slight juicy scent. It's a flower party in here, folks! The attendees are lily of the valley, jasmine, violet, iris makes a cameo appearance, and a big bright pink Bulgarian rose is our host. It's a mellow party with good conversation, a few bottles of red wine, Billy Holiday playing in the background, and plenty of smoldering glances across the room. At the base, I smell cedar, amber, and tonka bean. The dry down is sexy and powdery.

The woman that wears this knows how to keep a secret and has plenty of them. She's definitely harboring some vampire fantasies too.

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

Absolutely gorgeous floral perfume! It literally lasted for hours on my skin through my date! So feminine and romantic.

sofiii
sofiii

Anna Sui is so far still my favourite from this house. It has the melancholy romantic pretty Anna Sui style in a bottle.
Anna Sui starts with lemon (as in lemon biscuit or lemon cheesecake) and light rose scent, it’s not uplifting, but pretty enough, and projects well the purple characteristic of Anna Sui juice inside the gothic bottle; it is not a immediate ‘wow’, but instantly like and I feel nothing against it at all (unlike some other perfumes, I would smell something too ‘plastic’/synthetic).

Soon it goes softer, smells like sugar water, rose water and soap combined; it makes me feel cold a little bit, I guess it’s due to the iris, but this is not the coldness which makes you feel uneasy or sad, instead, it makes me feel calm and thinking about having a cup of tea while watching the snow falling from the sky in a silent winter night, when it’s warm and fuzzy inside.

Just like all the other Anna Sui fragrances I’ve tried, it doesn’t last long. Within two hours, what I can smell is something really close to the skin, powdery, cosy, slightly rosy, a tiny bit almond-y, pretty and feminie, but no sillage at all.

Overall, Anna Sui is quite a likable fragrance and I’ve got compliments from both genders, I guess it has the charm as the lovely bottle suggests. I would recommend it to anyone at any age who want something that’s just pretty, and wouldn’t mind to reapply often, or just want have some ‘skin scent’.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I'm shocked this one was discontinued. It's a beautiful, feminine scent that makes me think of a dressing table in a boudoir full of crimson roses and powder. It's heavy and beguiling, like a white fur stole wrapped around your shoulders on a rainy night.

I believe this scent has an uncanny ability to make a young & naiive woman seem more sophisticated yet make a mature woman seem young & fresh. It's a beautiful scent for any woman who wants to bask in her femininity.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

The opening is quite sharp & acidic from the citrus, almost lemony in its intensity.

It does segue into a somewhat fluffy floral, mostly soapy pink rose. The iris renders it somewhat powdery in texture.

The drydown is rather weak and premature arriving within about an hour. At this stage I can only detect a thin cedar, maybe a little sweet floralicity.

I don't consider it especially gothic or dark, but it is a very pretty scent for a young girl.

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

One of my favorites, this perfume smells like roses, vanilla, iris, and sandalwood. It wears for a long time. I might touch up in the evening but don't need to during the day. It's very feminine and has a lot of depth.

Vampyress
Vampyress

Fell in love with this scent over 10 years ago when I was given a free miniature. The smell is dark, subtle and long lasting. I love the gothic inspired bottle it comes in.

Marisa36
Marisa36

Can't explain why I was attracted to this scent in my early twenties. Not my normal "smell" at all as it is a bit sweet, but I loved it back then. Maybe also because of the bottle. Vintage and purple. Purple is my favourite colour.

TLR
TLR

When I was a teenager, I used this one when I went to gothic parties. I think it's cosy as well as elegant, and warm as well as melancholic. Like a girl's imagination of herself as a grown up woman (in victorian style blouses). I still like it a lot, but I feel too old for it now.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This smells to me very blended, a ball of dried lilacs, with faint green scent of leaves, a healthy dusting of powdery iris and a few drops of apricot juice. The base is well-balanced, and the raspberry is very, very subtle. I like the opening, the bergamot and orange make this scent vivacious, spritely-they don't fade away immediately, because they don't stick out too much in the first place. It becomes more powdery, yet girlish at the same time as it fades. This is a pretty scent-pretty and very young-for a fairy or pixie-type girl. It's not a scent I would wear when I want to make a serious impression on someone, but it smells nice enough and focuses on iris without smelling too powdery, or dated. I'm glad to have a mini of this, but this won't become one of my frequent wear fragrances-its just too predictable as a scented experience-pleasant, but surely boring to many, and not addictive to my nose....

CremeBavaroise
CremeBavaroise

Great scent, wonderful bottle. Discontinued. WHY? This is by far the best fragrance Anna Sui ever made and THIS gets discontinued?! I don't get it. One redundant, bland fluid after the other, but the best juice gets discontinued... *shakesheadintotaldisbelief*

The scent is powdery and a little "gothic"-smelling, the flowers seem to be dried ones. It's old-fashioned to me, in a good way. Great base with tonka and vanilla, with me this is a fail-safe combination :D.

9154mf
9154mf

I would describe this as: purple, gothic, sweet, innocent, playful and seductive. I have worn this for ages, actually I DONT wear it that often but I always have a bottle around, I think it's just an amazing scent because it makes me feel all these conflicting feelings at the same time. Its also unoffensive so you could wear it anywhere in my opinion. I love it.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Are you into magic & mischief? Do you like Tim Burton's twisted tales? Have you ever wanted to slip into a dishevelled, deep-plum velvet burlesque outfit & handcuff yourself to a trapeze to join the gothic carnival?

If these are your girly daydreams, then you may just like this scent. (If you are actually "Sword-Swallowing Sadistic Sadie" from the Corrupt Carnival Troupe, then you will find this far too trivial, sweet & frilly, lacking real grit, dirtiness & ooom-pa-pa).

It is a very purple scent. Heavily heady & a great showcase for orris, iris & tonka. The fruits open to an almost over-ripe booziness before you are powdered down & enveloped in a treacley-thick floral fog....the flowers are not fresh, crisp & zesty but old & candied (& probably covered in pixie-poo). I do not get the usual woody/amber dry down but the tonka is spectacular....clove-spiced, vanilla-warm with sweet nutty cherry tobacco.

I agree that it is a sweet, fairytale scent - but not one for a pretty pink glittery princess. This is a haunted castle, a poisoned apple, a purple rose whose thorns drip blue blood from wounded wood nymphs.

Here is a young perfume with bolshiness & individuality.....but personally, I can't get over the sickly fruit.

Great for twilight changlings who look like sugar wouldn't melt but have deliciously dark daydreams. Confusing for mere mortals.

Malegria
Malegria

I always loved the bottle - there is something Middle Ages and gothic in the curves and decoration of this lovely vessel.Marguerite of Navarra could have such a bottle in her chambers - which possibly contained her lover`s blood or some witch potion.
The juice , in my opinion, is not suited for such vial. It is soft, feminine,very "iris", and the aromatic berries are the ones that grow near the window of a Red Riding Hood.There is nothing dark about it, it is quite seductive, but in a shy, girly way. Like a pink umbrella, this scent is made to protect it`s owner from realities of everyday life and take her to a magic kingdom full of unicorns and rainbows.
Even though I adore the bottle, I will not get it for myself. But it would make a glorious first fragrance for a young girl!

I used to love this scent years ago. It's quite intense and extremely feminine. I wouldn't classify it as simply Floral, because it includes many other notes, both fruity and darker.
For me it's a frilly-dark scent and it goes well with dark hair, pale skin and feminine slightly gothic clothes and also flowers.

Tequila Rose
Tequila Rose

I first fell in love with this perfume when it first came out and even now...10 years on it still smells lovely

snobuni77
snobuni77

Yes a phantom smell is a good description.I tried this tonight & it has faded already.Its has only been an hour or so since I first sprayed it on my wrist & I have to say that although it is nice it isn't all that.

I smell cheap spices over Tonka bean & Amber.Actually the base notes are pretty strong the whole way through.I got very little fruit but in the beginning is when it was the most prominent.I guess its ok for the price,but I wont be buying this one.

Kyrrah
Kyrrah

Beautiful fragrance, quite unusual. I always smell parma violets, powdery but with an edge. Shame its quite hard to find and shame I only ever find it in EDT.

guest_Anya
guest_Anya

Loves the bottle.

ANNA SUI is the first and it's also the strongest, and last longest of Sui's EDT.

Elegant scent, powdery spice, though sweet. Got compliments by both men & women when I wear.

eskarina62
eskarina62

I think it is feminine and childish, seductive and innocent at the same time - clean, inviting, sexy...

love wearing it
and the bottle is so special
as is the price...

kassiasun
kassiasun

I never wear this perfume, but I love to smell it at least once a week ( I own a bottle). It smells very flowery, almost childish, which does not suit my personality, but it reminds me of being a child when I have my regular whiff.

d dolce vitta
d dolce vitta

I think too that it looks some gothic,and dark, but realy have inside something special. When i think in Anna Sui, it is like nigth, club, fall, and original. This parfum for me is a clasical of Ana Sui, but whent is not used in the rigth time, is a little...boring.

cathmerized
cathmerized

i love the bottle!! i kinda like the powdery smell, it's so anna sui, quirky and girly. i wear this for a casual day out.

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

The only reason why I bought this product before sniffing is because of the bottle. I think there's something gothic, dark, and sexy about the bottle.

It's quite heady and powdery when I first smell it. Some people consider it as soft. For me, although it's not really strong, there's something different with the notes.

The only event that I think suitable for this perfume is halloween night. If you want to be princess vampire or something like that, I think this is what you should wear.

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Anna Sui Anna Sui fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Anna Sui Anna Sui, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Anna Sui by Anna Sui. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Anna Sui by Anna Sui represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.