Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Sui Love Anna Sui for women

Sui Love Anna Sui for women
dislike

Sui Love is inspired with the romantic 1960's and their world-known parole 'Peace and love'' that was the main source of inspiration for this American of Chinese origins, Anna Sui. Floral-fruity composition is in perfect harmony with warm musky and vanilla base. Sicilian bergamot, Japanese osmanthus, and passion fruit create an aery floral introduction into a gorgeous blooming garden of the middle notes: Italian violet, orange blossom, water lily, Egyptian jasmine, white rose and tuberose, spiced with a touch of pink pepper. The base is composed of vanilla, nutmeg, and musk. The fragrance was created in 2002 by Jean-Louis Grauby iz Drom.

Japanese Osmanthus Passionfruit Orange Sicilian Bergamot

Orange Blossom Italian Violet Tuberose Pink Pepper White Rose Water Lily Egyptian Jasmine

Nutmeg Musk Vanilla Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Sui Love Fragrance Reviews

teadrinker
teadrinker

I like this scent but I don't OMG love it. This is a light, floral scent, with some sweet notes that are verging on fruity, but aren't especially juicy. This is a dry, airy, sunshiney scent, but it's a bit too generic for me to buy it again. I enjoy wearing it, but there's lots of other perfumes that give this effect too.

celebrity89
celebrity89

If I see this at a discount store, I'm buying it just for the bottle!

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

I don't mind it, but I don't really like it either. I think the top notes smell best, but I don't think it smells very nice on me - however my flatmate thinks the opposite, she thinks it smells great on me. Didn't seem to last long, but it's quite a light, subtle one, so could've been that. Bought it blind for the bottle really.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I always have a bottle of this, have been wearing it for the last 10 years. It's sweet, juicy yet floral and reminds me of the start of Spring :) One of my all time favourites...but then again, I've never come across an Anna Sui fragrance I haven't either loved or liked.

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

The bottle is really nice... but the scent is to sweet for me. I liked it at first and then could not stand it on me. Why ? Passion fruit... I'm allergic to it ! Made one of my friend happy to get it ^^

swtcandy
swtcandy

Fresh, fruity opening with orange and jasmine the most detectable. It smells very spicy to me like white pepper after the drydown and makes me feel like sneezing.

acavicchi
acavicchi

I owned this about 8 years ago, bought it on impulse because the fresh, fruity opening really appealed to me but ended up giving it away a week or two later because the florals and musk really came out after the opening and something about them seemed synthetic and gave me a headache. I'm guessing it was the tuberose because it's very rare that I can tolerate a perfume that containes tuberose.

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

I used this perfume about 10 years ago and loved it. To me it is really fruity yet floral at the same time. I have outgrew it now and it is not a timeless perfume that i will continue to love like i have Gloria by Cacharel.

Ellie_Love
Ellie_Love

I used to like this when I was a girl but I outgrew it. Smells very young and fresh, and a lot like peaches and oranges on me... Nothing special really.

klmckendry
klmckendry

I bought this online without ever smelling it.

It's not horrible, but has a definate baby powder smell to that I don't find sexy at all. When I don't want a perfume, I usually give it to a friend. But I like the bottle so I wear it to relax me if I can't sleep. And it's seems to help.. like it would a baby =)

rosembloom
rosembloom

Tried it after my bath on freshly washed skin. The opening actually made me salivate! Yummy tart passion-fuit, thick with pulp and nectar. I detected s.thing that reminded me of figs (perhaps the nutmeg mixed witgh the fruit). The heart becomes a heavier floral as s.o. below mentionned.A vanilla-sugar-coated rose blooms quickly (but unfortunately... a rose is a rose...) and dies as fast. A sweet , slightly powdery drydown stays close to the skin like cream. (on me anyways.) A pretty scent that i would greatly enjoy in summer!

VanilllaPrincess
VanilllaPrincess

I had this fragrance bought for me when I was 17 and my driving instructor complimented me on how nice I smelt haha. It smells oriental but fruity at the same time. Very nice.

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

It is a specific fragrance. I smell passionfruit clearly with some oriental incense. It is perfect for me, I love it. It makes an impression on people. For me it's special...smells totally sexy. I wear it in the evenings, but also love to start the day with this one...Lovely :)

I wanted to test Sui Love years ago, but never found a tester. Last week I managed to stumble upon it in a discount store and quickly took to spraying it on my wrist and a piece of card.

First things first, Sui Love is not as fruity as I thought it would be. It's actually quite a clean smelling floral with subtle orange and passionfruit accords. To be fair, I quite like it, despite the fact that I thought I'd be disappointed.

Anna Sui fragrances can occasionally be a little nauseating and cheap smelling, but Sui Love is not like that at all. It's sweet to my nose, but inoffensively so. The scent best suits warmer weather, with it's crispness and watery florals.

In some ways, Sui Love is a little generic, but certainly not boring. I think it's a pretty little scent, perfect for young schoolgirls. The longevity while not fantastic, lasts relatively well and the sillage is thankfully quite intimate and soft. I recommend.

servana
servana

I absolutely love this, floral but not overly so! Very sweet!

lm431
lm431

Sadly discontinued. Great summer fragrance for a teenager, not a big fruity floral fan, but this reminds me of teenage summers. I can smell coconut even though it's not listed.

Sadly sillage wasn't great, but loved the scent so much I could happily keep reapplying this one.

Ann Midson
Ann Midson

I have been wearing this for a couple of years now because the first time I opened it it smelled like a when I was a little kid with coppertone suntan lotion on, the Christmas tree (pinus radiata in NZ) in the lounge after it has been up for about a week, cookies fresh out of the oven.
Very sweet and slightly tangy too. I adore it, and every single time I spray it I am back there, 10 yers old, in front of the tree, hot morning, inhaling deeply! The body lotion is, if anything, even better.
Don't seem to be able to buy it in NZ any more.

Watery bright citrus with sugary fruit. Nice but not very different from the other fruity florals so popular right now. Cute bottle, though.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I quite like it.
The smell is more grown-up compared to the other Sui frags.
More flowers, less juice.
It is definitely sweet but I do not think it is like candy.
However, jigglyclefairypuff is right saying this is for the young at heart which I still am. :-)

elusivek
elusivek

I first get a blast of floral and fruity. The passionate fruit is interesting, the mix of it with the apple and orange give it an almost peach scent. The floral is mostly rose, I don't really pick up on the lighter floral as the rose really dominates it. The nutmeg also comes in play but it doesn't seem like it fits well with the other notes, it kind of stands off on its own.

It transitions into lightly powdery, with the fruit note carrying over but it turns sour and there's a synthetic overpowering sweet note (as if it's meant to counter the sour note).

What I'm left with in the end is very powdery, sour, and way too sweet.

Anna Sui SUI LOVE opens auspiciously, with an inviting resinous orange which somehow manages to be both fresh and gleamingly golden at the same time. From there, the fragrance becomes progressively thicker with the passage of time, until finally I am reminded of the jar of orange marmalade I purchased at the Montego Bag airport in an ill-conceived effort to spend my last few bills of Jamaican currency before returning home. It was old--an entire year past the printed expiration date!

Brownish, thick, the texture of orange jello cubes that have sat out in the air at a buffet table for far too long. The scent of SUI LOVE at this stage becomes more and more cloying and, to be frank, rather annoying. The orange is no longer fresh, and the florals seem stale, like arrangements set out for decorations--perhaps at the same buffet table--and changed only once a week.

On my skin, the drydown feels something like a thin layer of dark Karo corn syrup mixed with vanillin (not vanilla...) and wilted flowers. Needless to say, I won't be adding SUI LOVE to my collection. Désolée!

I think this perfume smells like gerkins! not tht i have anyfin against gerkins its just it smeels like gerkins LOL

olympialetan
olympialetan

this has got to be the grossest thing i have ever smelt. very unpleasant, did nothing for me but cause me to gag. i washed it off immediately and couldn't even get a friend to take it off my hands. straight to the trash. the bottle was cute but the repulsive smell....expected more from anna sui.

lisaanz
lisaanz

I am very fond of Sui Love, I owned it several years ago when I first met my husband, and he surprised me with a bottle of it at Xmas time.
I smell an almost peachy note with tropical flowers, I do not find it too sweet, just light and lovely- reminds me of hot nights and bare skin and flowers in my hair.

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

I got this along with 3 other Anna Sui minatures and I have to say it's totally different from what I imagined it to be! I expected something very sweet and juicy but it turned out to be floral and only a bit sweet. It reminds me of something plesant from my childhood. I think it will go well with Asian climate, high humidity and heat, then this perfume will be a refreshing, soothing potion.

Weak points? Absoulutely no lasting power. It disappears within half and hour or less, remaining not even a trace of its presence on skin. I'm happy to own a minature, but I probably won't buy a bigger bottle, I'd rather spend my money on something that lasts longer than a body spray.

Brownie
Brownie

So I'm exceptional.
I don't know why most ppl here don't like it.
After I got 3 samples from internet, I decided to buy EDP one. I don't feel any regret up till now.

To me I like it so MUCH. It's really suits sweet girls. I always wear when I wear a skit. And it's long lasting.I used to grab a dress from the basket to wash and I found that it still had Sui Love smell.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

I can understand why these captivating, quirky perfumes would attract teens and the young at heart, but I wish the fragrances wouldnt smell so generic and tacky.
Even as a teen (Im 20 now) I was charmed by the bottles designs but the fragrances never apealed to me, and they seemed to vanish in minutes.

Hopefully now Anna Sui will put emphasis on the fragrances just as it does on the bottles designs

glitteralex
glitteralex

Suntan lotion coconut top notes, which give way to passionfruit. I find no osmanthus or violet whatsoever, just a muddled mess of synthetic jasmine and tuberose adulterated by the persistent (now rotten) tropical fruit note. ...then, half an hour in, it makes a u-turn and goes into a pleasant vanilla drydown nearly identical (but thinner, and with less lasting power and sillage) to that of l'eau The One by D & G (which I adore). Bonus points for being complex, but that's about it. Of course, the bottle is adorable, for children.

fairylight
fairylight

This was one of the very first perfumes i owned - it was a gift, and i was about 16. Of Course i loved the bottle, but I also think it is a very young scent. I don't think i would buy this for myself now, but its nice to go and smell it sometimes in the perfume stores. It's perfect for summer, but very, very sweet - sort of reminds me of eating fruit in summer and having juice run down your chin!

Jana1984
Jana1984

Unfortunately, I discovered this fragrance latterly. I love so much: sexy, feminine and so mystical. Really popsy perfume :)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This was a strong sugary flower- headache. It came in the mail, I took one sniff from the bottle, dabbed a bit on my wrist, inhaled again-and went to the bathroom to wash it off. Then I reposted it on ebay, and someone else has it. I hope they like it.

lucy xie
lucy xie

i love this perfume. good for spring and summer

I had to give this away. I liked it at first but found the smell overpoweringly floral and nauseating after a while. It gave me a headache.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Like everybody else - I love the bottle and I also wanted to get one of Anna Sui fragrances for a long time. They are not really my style, but their cuteness is so appealing!

I would say there's something very similar about all Anna Sui fragrances, they are mostly fruity floral, but not in the regular common way.

Sui Love somehow seems to have spicy fruity scent, or at least that what I get. Maybe it's passionfruit? I'm not sure.

Still don't know whether I like it.

Svetoslava
Svetoslava

I like the bottle very much. The smell is not bad, but not something I could wear every day. A friend of mine told me, that it smells on summer lotion.

sjanira
sjanira

I really didn't like the smell of this. I gave it a fair chance but it's not for me. It smell a little like body odor, I'm not sure which note it is

carrot
carrot

I love the design of its bottle. The smell is so so to me. I wear it sometimes.

amanda
amanda

i think the the bottle is cute, but the smel itself is very average, and even unpleasant after the drydown

Sui Love by Anna Sui 3.42 out of 5 based on 210 ratings and 38 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Anna Sui Sui Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Anna Sui Sui Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sui Love by Anna Sui. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sui Love by Anna Sui represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.