Designers » A » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Kuroi Annayake for men

Kuroi Annayake for men
dislike

I have it: 5 I want it: 21

After the Miyabi fragrant pair from 2009 and fragrance An'na Annayake from 2011, the Japanese brand Annayake presents the new duo which arrives in glass flacons of the same form as the above-mentioned fragrances. This is a black and white edition—male and female fragrant contrast Kuroi and Shiroi launched in October 2014 and suggest diversity but also the closeness between men and women.

Men’s perfume Kuroi provides citrus aromas blended with tart and cold pepper in top notes, followed by aromatic spices combined with matte tea, creating a kind of masculine symbiosis accompanied by hot amber and precious wood. Kuroi arrives in a flacon made of black lacquered glass as 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Citruses Pepper

Spices Mate

Amber Woodsy Notes

Kuroi Fragrance Reviews

RAW85
RAW85

This limited edition frangrance is really something. I wouldn't call myself Fragrantica-qualified enough yet to talk about it's intricate details haha, but what I can tell you as a novice is that it blew me away!

At first, I find it quite a heavy scent, intoxicating almost. And it´s very easy to notice the distinct, sweet-like smell. I specifically say "sweet-like", because it appears to me it might not actually be sweet? Or rather, to me it hints at going into extreme-sweetness-overdrive at first, but then stops halfway there and doesn't really follow through. This is because it comes across as being very calm and composed -restricted almost, by other notes, perhaps? And that is actually a good thing, because in the context of the other very noticable elements (pepper, spices and something I can't descrive, could be amber/wood?) it brings a touch of almost impossibly straightforward flirtation to the very deep baseline of what I would describe as earthy notes. An effect I find to be very masculine and which seems very well-suited to fall and winter in my humble opinion.

Also, I strongly agree with Timbersilk: this fragrance sticks to you like a bear to a honeycomb. You need more than a bucket of water to get it away from the hive that's for sure! Even long after I have stopped noticing the smell it still gets véry strongly reactivated by warmth and humidity... or a shower.

I would rate it 80/100. I find it a very pleasant and distinct fragrance that I thoroughly enjoy wearing, but that could however have been slightly better for me personally had it been a little less heavy. A touch of delicacy through a pinch of freshness might have made it an absolute alltime favorite.

@timbersilk, thank you for the extensive review! I really like the way you describe Kuroi.

Timbersilk
Timbersilk

Even tho I have been a frequent visitor of Fragantica for years without feeling the need to contribute,I felt I had to finally make an account and comment on Kuroi.

This fragrance is probably the most RARE new(ish) concoction you`ll ever set eyes on. Even tho it`s a Japanese brand,strangely enough,it doesn`t retail in Japan. All other Annayake products are widely available on the European market apart from Kuroi. (i live in London)
With help from some friends I sourced it from Russia(only country in the world i could find it in).
I am Caucasian,Male and in my early 30s.

I`ve had this for a while now so i`ve played with it plenty.

First of all the bottle...beautiful in its simplicity and quality and could quite easily be a decorative object and not just a recipient. Perfect ! (the symbols are Annayake in Japanese)

The fragrance ingredients are pretty much the ones described in the info with the exception of Citrus. IF there is any it is most certainly overwhelmed by the cedary amber. The amber is dark,thick and sweet so quite a bit of vanilla in it.
The spices give it a lot of warmth and it sticks to your skin and envelops you within seconds. It starts off quite spicy with an obvious hit of pepper and slowly drifts into a fog (the tea maybe?) of ambery woods. It lasts forever!! A shower will only tame it close to your skin but will most certainly fail to banish it.

IT IS SWEET !!!

This is a GREAT fragrance for the cold season and probably shows its true colours best on darker skin. I think it could be very popular with the ladies too. The concept between Kuroi (black) and Shiroi(white) does what it set to do in bringing fragrance at the border of gender. Kuroi`s complexity is in this very fact,easily crossing genders and bringing them together as one.

Personally I would have liked either a fresher amber (more frankincense than vanilla) or a moderately strong citrus note but i think that would make it too 'butch'. Or if the cedar was japanese (hinoki) ... the most beautiful wood in the world ( Scent one: hinoki)... Well,it isn`t!

I would score it a fair 8/10 by itself and 10/10 for achieving the concept it set to deliver.

Also a 10/10 for being REALLY fantastic for layering.
With Concentre d`Orange Verte,the juxtaposition between fresh and warm united by the resinous woods is marvellous.
With Iso-E it becomes more masculine and it travels even further and has an air of confidence about it. Outstanding cypressy forest with treacle seeping out of the bark.

I hope this fragrance will become more widely available and people will give their opinion on it. I`m curious.. :)

DiaAnna
DiaAnna

My boyfriend has this and I'm loving it on him !!!!!!! Smells so sexy , intense , I wanna jump on him every time he sprays this on , great staying power and silage !

Kuroi by Annayake 4.13 out of 5 based on 10 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annayake Kuroi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annayake Kuroi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kuroi by Annayake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kuroi by Annayake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.