Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Tsukimi Annayake for women
dislike

cinnamon
Tsukimi Annayake for women Pictures Tsukimi Annayake for women Pictures

Tsukimi by Annayake is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Tsukimi was launched in 2003. Top notes are grapefruit and lemon; middle notes are carnation, sandalwood, plum, amber, cinnamon, violet, vanilla, jasmine, heliotrope and cedar; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli and vanilla.

Grapefruit Lemon

Carnation Sandalwood Plum Amber Cinnamon Violet Vanilla Jasmine Heliotrope Cedar

Sandalwood Patchouli Vanilla

White Flowers

Tsukimi Fragrance Reviews

shushkin
shushkin

Really nice gently spicey plum fragrance. Yes, the sandalwood, cinnamon and plum are immediately very evident. Its not a spice bomb but actually quite reserved. With time it blooms and then the amber, vanilla, carnation and wood notes come into their own. I can see why some liken it to CD dolce vita but this a definite plum note that stays through out. Reasonable sillage and short longevity which is sadly a deal breaker for me.

niel23
niel23

To Lovers of Annayake Tusukimi I have a New with box 3.4Oz Pm for swap.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

This is an absolute gem.
If I were to compare it to another perfume I'd say Dolce Vita minus the sparkling pineapple. The cinnamon in this is so comforting - definitely a scent for cooler weather.
It travels right up to the border of masculine but doesn't cross it. I say that because of my experience with another Dolce Vita-like perfume Ellen Tracy that did cross the line into shaving cream territory.
I can't fault this perfume - it's a beauty.
If only it were winter here...

Shenandoah
Shenandoah

Starts off with a cinnamon-sandalwood cloud that is creamy rather than sharp. A lovely plum note eases into the frame, with the slightest hint of carnation. The plum stays, with an unsweet vanillic aspect, and a finale of light cedar and smooth amber. This has echoes of both Organza Indecence (but without its sweetness) and Feminite du Bois (but with much lighter cedar and no cumin, to my nose).

Very elegant, quite unisex, and truly evokes an autumnal Japanese landscape. It's unfortunate that this is discontinued, but for now it is still findable at a good price.

theladymay
theladymay

Antfarm wrote my review. Light airy cinnamon-citrus-cedar-one sniff of carnation opening - the kind of beautiful, promising start that makes me go mmmmm and settle down for a wonderful ride. Then poof, 20 minutes later it's an inoffensive amber & sandalwood skin scent without a speck of the previously suggested spice. If I bury my nose in my wrist at this point I can sort of imagine some plum, and the cedar faintly persists. The cinnamon and carnation have disappeared without leaving a trace. It's like a much, much fainter version of Feminite du Bois (the Lutens edition). At 2 hours it is completely and utterly gone. I think my skin simply consumes Tsukimi as all the other reviews get what I expected from the first five to ten minutes. Ordinarily my skin amplifies spice scents, so why it eats this one up is another of life's little mysteries.

This has been a reinforcement of the 'don't blind buy' lesson for me as I came within an inch of doing just that but fortunately bumped into someone selling a decant.

Mitsuko
Mitsuko

To me this smells just like a girl's doll. Sweet and faintly plastic, artificial yet strangely pleasant.

freakypirate
freakypirate

First whiff is fruity and filled with citrus. Then plum, patchouli, cinnamon. Vanilla and heliotrope are the next notes to appear. The scent now becomes quite sweet and the sandalwood base becomes more apparent. The scent changes again to show more spicy notes and a hint of amber, but on me the sweetness of cinnamon still prevails.

Sillage is soft on me, a skin scent. Longevity moderate.
This scent portrays fall to me, warm notes and the promise of colder weather. This stays very sweet on me, which I like. This scent is very feminine.

Mihail
Mihail

Smells as a box with pencils:-) Very pleasant scent with beautiful quiet amber. I love fall, plums and cinnamon because I love Tsukimi.

antfarm
antfarm

Very light and airy. Tsukimi started off with a little hint of cinnamon which was very exciting and unusual, but then it abruptly faded into a mild, soapy scent. I wish the spices would have bloomed more fully.

Overall, it's nice, but disappears on my skin too soon. I do not detect any plum, or any other more exciting notes.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This is a quote from the forum which I thought appropriate in helping to understand this genre of perfume.
"'The Japanese meaning of kodo is not in smelling, but in 'listening' to the fragrance. For the kodo ceremony Japanese use the verb kiku, 'listen', meaning to try to get to know the fragrance with the heart and soul and travel with it through the time and space."

This is appropriate for Tsukimi.
Imagine a forest in the autumn, the vibrancy of those red, gold and brown colours. There is a smokyness in the air, a smouldering aroma of forest wood, burning. As you walk through the forest, the air is chilled, leaves and twigs crunch underfoot and there is a rustling in the trees by the autumnal wind.
Tsukimi is all about the soul of the perfume. This perfume has depth and it has a beautiful soul.
It is mesmerising, warm, cozy and spicy. This perfume had me hooked at the first smell and I succumbed to its charm and beauty instantaneously.
I cannot praise the originality and the charm of this fragrance, it's ravishingly beautiful, devastatingly soulful and astoundingly thought provoking.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Walking dog through the fields in September, smell of burning leaves and branches from the neighbourhood, smell of red, brown, yellow leaves under your feet , long deep inhales, memorising how silent and peaceful the surroundings at this time of the year..picking last ripe plums for the pie, having cup of cinnamon-spiced milk before bed, - fluids and waves.
Not your typical oriental-spicy bomb – its a philosophy of the autumn

polly golightly
polly golightly

autunno giapponese: garofano, cannella e accordi legnosi. peccato abbia una persistenza assai modesta

zoebo1403
zoebo1403

On me, the incense is the dominant note, so i am wondering if they forgot to add it to the list.Incense, sandalwood and patch. I dont get the floralnotes, neither the vanilla and heliotrope. Nothing compared to my beloved Fem du Bois, itlacks the stewed fruits and spices for that.

Scarlet39
Scarlet39

This is a beautiful perfume. I was looking for a cinnamon scent for a long time but beside Mitsouko I couldnt find anything interesting, until now!
Tsukimi is very spicy but soft at the same time. It definitly reminds me of the fall: like twirling leaves in the wind, deep in a forest.
Tsukimi is, to me, a female version of Chanel's Egoiste and I am so happy to have found it!

ginger68
ginger68

Very well balanced fragrance: cinnamon, spices, woods, plum.. Yes it reminds Feminitè du Bois, but Tsukimi is more light, maybe more wereable. I imagine all the colours of autumn in Japan, trees under a soft breeze and leeves all around.. it is a painting, a very delicate painting, even if the fragrance is present, warm and so confortable. A really beautiful fragrance!

Justyna
Justyna

Tsukimi is light and dry on my skin, even flat, like a cinnamon in powder (Rousse by Lutens goes this way), while Kenzo Elephant is more oily and heavy, with juicy hint of vanilla. The first whispers, the second roars... I have more respect for the jungle giant, but I would prefer the silent friend:)

id
id

I feel cinnamon and a little bit of plum. Nice, warm and cozy scent for colder days of winter and autumn. Still i prefer Kenzo jungle Elephant for the greater lasting power and complex sillage.

misssy9
misssy9

It has little similarities with Organza Indecence and more with Jungle elephant Kenzo

guarana
guarana

I agree with jubal, it's such a perfect scent for autumn! When I sniff it I can almost feel the pale autumn sunshine caressing my face and see the rustling, colorful leaves all around me. I feel really lucky to have discovered this scent.

Hypnoticx
Hypnoticx

Smells like true incense I love it for the winter!

jubal
jubal

I'd agree that Tsukimi is comfort in a bottle. I get mainly a cashmere soft sandalwood and pure non sweet vanilla from this and they wrap around me like a shawl. It is an extremely beautiful scent, has some good sillage, though never overpowering. And decent lasting strength. It is Annayake's 'Fall' scent and epitomizes autumn to me.

A friend's mother is Japanese and when my friend (who usually hates all fragrances) sniffed this on me she said she'd finally found a scent she loves, that it reminded her of her mother's closet. She had evidently used some sachets with a similar scent.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

A veil of calmness, yes, I coudn't agree more. It is one of those anti-crisis scents that save me during obstacle races.

In general, it is associated more with incense fragrances. There is a cinnamon solo (or pan-fried apple with cinnamon) in the smoke of peaceful incense. Its aura reminds of an atmosphere of eastern temples, it does bring a kind of yoga enlightenment.

There is smth inside that serves as stress-relief, makes you relaxed but strong and concentrated at the same time. With this scent I was learning to drive a car and coping with the rush job but never wore it for a party or a date.

Due to its warm oriental spicy nature I prefer to wear it in autumn and winter.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annayake Tsukimi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annayake Tsukimi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tsukimi by Annayake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tsukimi by Annayake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.