Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men

Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men
dislike

smoky
Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures

The collection Les Orientaistes brings three oriental fragrances inspired by the 19th century painting that presents the beauty rithuals in harems.

The oriental notes that Annick Goutal presents in this trio are amber, myrrh and frankincense.

The first one is Ambre Fétiche (Amber-Fetish), with the notes of amber, frankincense, labdanum, stirax, benzoin, iris absolute, vanilla and Russian leather.

It comes as a three-bottles collection in a leather case, that hides the three fragrances – amber (Ambre Fetiche), frankincense (Encens Flamboyant), and myrrh (Myrrhe Ardente). Each bottle contains 50ml EDP and each of them will be available separately in 100ml bottles.

The whole collection was created in cooperation between Camille Goutal and perfumer Isabelle Doyen, in 2007.

Labdanum Incense Styrax Amber Vanilla

iris Benzoin

Leather Vanilla Geranium Patchouli

Miyako

Ambre Fétiche Fragrance Reviews

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Quality, exclusivity and excellence define Ambre fetish Annick Goutal and its absolute East footprint. A unique scent that will not give up to have in the collection because interpret my naked personality and blatant manner. The footprint of Ambre fetish I am in my essence, the way he behaves start to finish says a lot about me, and people who already knew me personally and looked deep into my eyes can prove what I say. Gross Incense Styrax (benzoin) is access and smokes with resin aspects every corner where he can achieve in his opening also shows an earthy vanilla that combined to Styrax notes making it highly medicinal (too love the result of this combination ) and uncomfortable as chokes, whips, step and crush the senses of those who use it and those who sit around too. In your heart I see only Iris, but an unprecedented Iris, without resemblance to the famous Iris Guerlain, here is a top Iris for being handmade, those used in country weddings and stealing to the attention of the bride and groom so much that perfume the environment even though he was partially open. At the base he is bitter and intensely resinous with a very pronounced eccentric Patchouli, dry and very powerful hyper, crazy that exhales, exhales and breathes wildly with no chance to repent, because even if you take repentant bath because the application did, he will not leave . There is a manly leather in his farewell that almost makes him lose his compartilhabilidade, is a Leather warming, coats and dares every move you make, delight that makes me lagrimar excitement when use when I, when I allow myself to he be taken and intensified. It is the type of perfume that are not content to dwell only on the skin, it goes to the bones, blood, joints and marrow, and nothing can change its unique way of fixing. Absolutely all!

Word of the day: endless... (day 78)

Amber_Fetich
Amber_Fetich

My favourite perfume of all time, specially the old formula!!!

arrode
arrode

This smells like the drydown of Shalimar to me! A rubber tire-infused, spicy, vanilla, incense combo without the citrus of Shalimar. I kept sniffing my wrist thinking, "This smells like something I own!" and yes, Shalimar it is! That being said, this smells slightly dated, but since I like Shalimar and this, I don't mind.

archivist
archivist

Perhaps I have the reformulation (it's a decant), but... This smells like Axe Body Spray for Elderly Pepaws.

I'm serious. It smells like a vintage (1970s, like Arrid XXtra Dry) men's spray deodorant but made with modern aromachemicals. In roughly the same proportions except sweeter with amber.

It has "incense" in the same way that Je Reviens has "incense" - a bit of labdanum, nothing to get real amped about if you're an incense fiend.

A few hours after I sampled this (I sampled three others this evening) I sniffed my left wrist and yelled "EW! WHAT WAS THAT!"

So yeah.

keshweannair
keshweannair

R-E-F-O-R-M-U-L-A-T-E-D..!!

Smells the same like before, but poor on longevity and becomes a skin scent after the first half an hour.

Sad Sad Sad.

NicheMaster29

Pays to do a little research.. $185 retail for this. Shipped on ebay for $72.00 NIB.
Retail... Smh. Talk about a profit. Makes me wonder what profit is behind the xerjoff, clive c., kilians, creed etc...

longlost00
longlost00

This fragrance, for me, has two distinct phases. In the opening and first 3-4 hours, it is a lovely resinous and vanilla amber with a slight powdery edge. I find it somewhat similar to Ambre Sultan during this phase.
Afterwards it becomes smokier, more austere amber with the incense being much more forward, though the amber persists.
A lovely wintertime scent for amber and smoke lovers.

NicheMaster29

This one really grew on me.
Wow, what a beautiful Amber. It's powdery and just very warm and well done. Definitely unisex but it leans a little masculine on my skin and I'm a male. I really like it.
When I found Tom Ford - Amber Absolute, I knew I had a gem. The best of the best Amber period. But, I seem to compare all Amber scents to that one and was always let down. I quickly realized how different Amber can be done. I then blind bought boss velvet Amber, which is the opposite of that, then I got a sample of this which is like in the middle of them and finally my last favorite Amber fragrance which is Ambre Russe which is a boozy Amber, also different.
This is a dry, powdery, smoky, Amber with a tinge of sweetness. It seems to act best in cool weather and has its days where it performs better than others. It's definitely worth looking at, especially if you are a fan of the Amber scents I enjoy as well mentioned above. It's not my favorite Amber scent, but it's on the list.
8.5/10

For a more simple review. Here.
Perfect
Unisex
Great blend and balance of notes
Great price
BEASTMODE longevity
Good projection
Great Amber scent a must try/have
Compliment getter
A+

laurenz
laurenz

I fell in love on first sniff.

Smoky, warm, rich, resinous. It smells like you just came in from the cold, in a beautiful leather jacket, now you are sitting by the fire and the heat and soft light is soothing you. And to complete the experience, you sniff on a bottle of double strength vanilla extract. It is dry, perhaps the most all-encompassing, velvety fragrance I have ever smelt. It makes me feel warm on the inside, like I am wrapped in a big fluffy heated towel. I think it's incredibly sexy too, it's not just soothing, it smells confident and "badass".

Even with its enormous strength, it's not overpowering at all. Use just one spray to last for hours. It is decidedly unisex.

This may be my new favorite fragrance...simply incredible.

Florista
Florista

Chimney smoke on a cold January night and a about a hundred freshly blown out birthday candles off of a gigantic burnt almond torte. This is the ultimate cozy, smokey, winter, amber. From the first time I tried it I knew I could stop sampling Ambers. This and Ambre Sultan are staples.

gelo999
gelo999

From the collection of Les Orientalistes, inspired by beauty rituals in the harems, Ambre Fetiche opens with a sensual, opulent incense with smoky notes, leathery and a warm, dark, dry amber, creating a decadent and luxurious atmosphere.
A pinch of Russian leather brings elegance, Animalic touch and dark, playing with chiaroscuro. Round fragrance spices and colored by a fragrant patchouli, reminding Ambre Sultan resins.
Very complex, in layers that cause rich hues.

Duration and impeccable sillaje monstrous.
Goutal can play with the dreamlike, innocence and sensuality to perfection, by converting to a decadent Ambré Fetiche unique and unrepeatable fragrance.

Byredo imitated such as 1996, but never equaled because the initial idea and the class was Goutal Genius.

An oriental opulent, rich, that transports you to the heyday of the Alhambra.

A true masterpiece of perfumery to take into account !!

Rating: 10

Snicole82
Snicole82

Got this as a generous sample from a wonderful Fragrantican.

I'm a huge amber lover. This is thick, warm,resinous amber. But,it's a little too dry for my taste. I don't know if it's my chemistry or what. But it doesn't have that wow factor for me. I can see why many like it, but I do not feel this is for me.

The longevity is minimal on me and the sillage is okay.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Eurghh. Take all things cosy and nice, benzoin resin, sweet vanilla and other ambery nice comforts with a smooth rich floral.

Mix them all up and take them to a house rooftop. Then chuck them into the chimney.

Go into house, pick up sticky ball, coated in hot chimney ashes, take breath,,

Yea,, that Niche vibe again. Always raiding chimneys.

My rating: 4/10.
Scent quality: 8/10.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Update...
My review is based on the concentrate version.

Several stores where I live brought back Annick Goutal's fragrance. I have been waiting and hoping that Ambre Fetiche was being added to the line. Unfortunately neither store 1yr was planning to bring it in, I decided to make a blind purchase, I bought it online and just received it yesterday.
The aroma of incense /leather with Styrax and frankincense makes it a very sophisticated/classy..for the winter months aroma.
After a good hour the aroma of leather combined with frankincense/incense has a really desirable/sexy blend.
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting over 8hrs being a EDP.
Finally,
I own several fragrance and Ambre Fetiche completes my collections. Ambre is perfect and best during the evening/tuxedo wear. This fragrance is sexy/luxurious. 9/10 worth having in your collection.

spectrum83
spectrum83

patchouli and leather (and geranium) is what set this apart. the actual central syruppy amber accord of labdanum benzoin and vanilla is generic (even though the benzoin representation here is high calibre) its the surrounding frilly notes and atmosphere that make this special. this perfume has a narcotic opium effect, allure and quality to me, i cant describe it, even in warm weather its addicting to my nose i just need to smell it again every time . but better in snow. that dark sour edge is very unique and instantly recognisable. its got quite a kick aswell. bravo annick goutal, a very worthy entry to be among the ranks of amber offerings!

I personally think it's perfect on any cold day, dabbed on lightly as a beard scent. It goes the distance.

Maeldron
Maeldron

Before applying it, try to think. How many times would you like to spray? Now, divide the number by 3.

You just overdosed it. I warned you.

In the beginning, I smell dark amber and leather. That part is wonderful. Soon, however, the vanilla dominates. If you happen to sit on the train as I did today morning, people will stop talking and start looking around and sniffing. Either be bold or don’t look at them at all.

As time goes by, Ambre Fétiche becomes linear. The amber itself is darker than the Montale: Blue Amber’s. I’m not talking about the whole fragrance since it’s sweeter than Blue Amber.

The amber has similarities to Ambra Nera’s amber, however, Ambra Nera is more like a room scent than a body scent, unfortunately. Ambre Fétiche has nothing of Ambra Nera’s candle store impression.

Based on my memories, the closest match is L’Artisan, especially in the dry-down phase. I don’t remember L’Artisan having the leather notes though. If you have problems with the overwhelming sweet vanilla either don’t bind-buy it or don’t overdose it. I’m telling this because when I put it on my arm from a sample vial, three times, it seemed to be weak. Then I made the serious mistake of spraying it from the bottle on my neck, more than 0.5 times.

Also, let it dry down because the darkest part (which I prefer the most) is the beginning.

It’s a good scent. It’s not as complex as my favourites and it’s a bit sweeter, but for any amber lover, it’s must to try.

lilalina
lilalina

Love this amber scent! It's way different from Lutens' but pretty close to Ambra Aurea from Profvmvm although less sweet and more complex.. More masculine because of the leather, labdanum and patch.

Alex1984
Alex1984

@modernfumie; as far as I know it's not discontinued. I'm not sure about a reform with the new packaging, but it's still available. The discontinued one I believe is Myrrhe Ardente or Encens Flamboyant. But I'll bet my bottle that's it's not even reformulated!

modernfumie
modernfumie

I love ambers, and this is my HOLY GRAIL. Smoky incense, sweet vanilla, and carnal leather, this fragrance has it all. Except top notes- it's totally linear. No matter! With a base like this, who needs 'em. I always scoffed at "back up bottles" but I am sorely tempted in this case. It will be a sad day when I run out of this discontinued fragrance.

As an aside: this is my boyfriend's favorite fragrance in my wardrobe. He considers my wearing it an act of seduction, and he can identify it at first sniff.

---
@Alex1984: what a relief! Not discontinued, just hard to find. Whew.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

I smell lots of incense, labdanum, amber, vanilla, leather and patchouli. The patchouli is quite intense and adds a really earthy root or soil scent to the mix which cuts the sweetness of the vanilla and amber. It’s a fairly linear fragrance but every time I wear this it somehow smells a little different to me which probably depends on how much I apply. When I wear this there is always the smell of incense, vanilla and leather, but sometimes I get mixed-in smells of Indian spices, sometimes a cigar pipe, sometimes a head shop, and sometimes I smell fresh soil.

This is a pretty heavy perfume even if you dab it on lightly. It will even last you through the day and into the next morning if you don't shower before going to bed. I’ve been wearing this the past couple of days to work and I’m sure I’m offending someone, but I don’t care because I love the way it smells.

Roge'
Roge'

This is a lot of things all relating to oriental. It's a dry amber, a chocolate patchouli, a powdery leather, a smokey vanilla, and a labdanum with a velour texture. This is a burly fragrance laden with gourmand notes which somehow manages to not smell all the way edible(which is a good thing). Not really in the mood to bloviate but it's like this....I don't know what you have in your collection and i don't know what you want in your collection but you NEED to add this to your collection. For less than $100, you get 16hrs longevity and 47 compliments. That's a good value if i had to say so myself...and if you're gonna purchase Ambre Fetiche, grab the elegant ribbed bottle as opposed to the ubiquitous square flask. It looks better for your collection.

cytherian

This is the richest amber I've ever experienced. HEAVY!

Just look at the top billing of resins: Benzoin, Styrax, and Labdanum. Coupled with rich incense, vanilla and leather, it's all a bit much at first.

It takes a while, but once this dries down the heaviness lessens and you can start to pick out the floral elements (but they do remain cloaked by the incense, vanilla and leather).

For me, I'd prefer the vanilla toned down a bit more. Otherwise, this has much appeal if you're partial to amber focused fragrances. The composition exudes quality, one thing I really appreciate about the house of Annick Goutal. Unfortunately for them, there's an abundance of their products available in the auction channels and you can pick up AG fragrances for quite a bit less than retail.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This and Tauer's LDDM are the most non traditional ambers on the market. Both are in my top 10. Very long lasting with above average sillage up to 6 hours. I can't add too much to what's already been said but I will say this. If you are a fan of smokier scents such as LDDM and Memoirs of a Trespasser then do youself a favor and blind buy this. Don't even hesitate!

Planet_X
Planet_X

Ambre Fétiche is indeed much more close fragrance to Miyako Annayake than Ambre Sultan. Yet hinoki wood in Miyako makes the difference.
As for Ambre Fétiche...It reminds Church not in an incense way, but in wax-smell way. When I was visiting monasteries, lots of them earn their living on producing herbs and candles, monks say prayer on each candle, endlessly, while making them, so if you ever been in their candle workshop you could connect Ambre Fétiche with that ancient, natural way of candle-making, warm melted wax, the real wax, not this coloured plastic we used to see in Yankee's ones)
Its quite linear scent, but with nice depth and thickness so lovers of amber and natural wax, those who love resinous aromas and ancient-feel - that's your type of juice. And mine as well, as a blown out candle mist.

nero77
nero77

Amber Incense...

I call this one the "dirty" amber. For me it is a very "real" amber, not a sugary, clean one, not a sweet cloying one. This one is sheer, it's full, and it doesn't hold back. Incredible value for money!

Ambre Fétiche opens up with all the resins you could think of: Benzoin, Styrax, Labdanum... followed by Leather and Incense, with an Amber-Vanilla touch to everything. It is multi-faceted, it can be sweet, it can be dirty, it can be rough, it can be smooth... and as the fragrance progresses, it shows all these different faces. I really admire it. I admire it for it's ability to challenge me and envelop the senses with it's warm, golden aroma. It's very lush, and also at times dry, and at other times sheer.

A note I especially like is the Russian Leather aspect, sort of like the leather you would find in a vintage fragrance. This is leather which has been "cured" with birch tar, but it doesn't overwhelm the fragrance. There is enough sultry Vanilla and Labdanum to keep this from being too mouth-wateringly dry or harsh. This is especially prevalent in the dry-down, which leaves the skin smelling warm, sweet, and dusty, like smooth warm leather dusted with powdered brown sugar. The dry-down is the best here, especially as some might find the opening a bit harsh.

Overall, a wonderful value for money fragrance. Two sprays are enough to last you up to six hours, and on clothes this lasts longer. Sweet, smoky, resinous. For all lovers of (true) amber, you should check this one out. Ambre Fétiche has the ability to smell ancient but modern at the same time. Wonderful stuff!

Lana148
Lana148

Very dark, incense amber. Very well done but challenging to wear. It smells moldy on my skin.

Shibor
Shibor

One of the best amber scents (with a strong character) I’ve smelled.

The equilibrium between amber and incense is well done. Vanilla in the background is decent. It’s not church incense but rather a balmy combination with a bit of smoke. The ingredients gives you an impression for a good warm qualitative fragrance. Thus good for autumn and winter.
But when you are not the fan of a balmy oriental scents, you can be disappointed.

Would suit both men and women. Definitely for an evening, I wouldn't wear it everyday as the intensity is strong but on special occasions.

cytherian

Frankincense is a tricky note. Too much of it and you've got that unmistakable "church smell", too little of it and it can be confused with other incense notes. I recently sampled Tom Ford's Sahara Noir and it felt so old and dusty to me, with sharp dry frankincense dominating everything.

Then in comes Ambre Fetiche. I love a good amber. Temper it with some spice, incense, and leather and I'm won. Annick Goutal struck a phenomenal balance with this one. You can certainly make out the frankincense but it does not overpower everything else. The smoky quality is countered by a soft vanilla and amber that keeps it from becoming a campfire, like SSS Fireside Intense.

This is a rich fragrance that is most suitable for cooler months. It is marketed as unisex, but I find it leaning decidedly towards the masculine side. It's sweet in the beginning but that abates a bit into the dry down. Amber, incense, vanilla, leather... and not much animalic to my nose. My bottle has the 2nd graphic change as shown in the details above, which has a more masculine appearance compared to the previous label. It matches the sample I got from last year (prior to the label change) so it doesn't appear that any reformulation has taken place... yet! There is yet another label change, which does not wrap around the bottle. I have no idea of this means a reformulation has been done. Overall, a solid 8/10 and higher if you get it on discount ($170 for a new bottle is a bit much IMHO).

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Bold, pungent, gloomy opening with a massive decadent incense feel on dark, opulent, dry amber. A macabre fairytale, the nocturnal side of Annick Goutal - just like in Encens Flamboyant. Weird and almost disturbing animalic notes flounder below like crawling underdogs on a roasted caramel base. Balsamic notes, still heavily smoky and somber. After a while you get the leathers and the dry, earthy accord of patchouli and labdanum, still with a bold and persistent incense note. A nice take on amber, a bit messy perhaps, but still interesting. I just love how Annick Goutal can give you these nocturnal, funereal, gloomy, animalic scents, and at the same time some of the most lovely, springy, delicate, impressionist and oniric scents around (Nuit etoilée, Songes, Mandragore...) - always with her subtle, unexplicable, signature fairy tale feel, which can be, in turn, kind of cozy or kind of scary.

7,5/10

meganinstmaxime
meganinstmaxime

This is a beauty - this one always makes me feel like I'm in a magic place - great for escapism. It is incense laden and this makes it a great amber. It does feel quite rich and fragrant but is not syrupy and dense in the manner of other great ambers (this is not a bad thing it is a great point of difference). This has a slightly lighter touch but is quite a sexy perfume. Definitely is a unisex one and I would love to smell this on a man. It also works well layered with Encens Flamboyant - for a more intense incense experience.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Reminds me of my German grandmother who lived in a wooden house with lots of hidden treasures. It was a slightly spooky place but that's what made it so special. She was a vegan and her kitchen was full of surprises: foodstuffs, seeds, nuts, sachets of this and that and everywhere was this talcum powdery smell. Her spice rack was enormous and everything was intriguing from a tactile point of view, or it just smelled good and interesting.

I think of "Ambre Fetiche" as a tamed version of "Shalimar". The latter might have more fun and is arguably younger in attitude and appeal, but A.F. has got more wisdom, zen, and is perhaps more reflective, sensitive and calm, yet still warm and hospitable. Just like my granny.

Linear in development but oh so lovely warm and reliable. Just like your favourite winter cashmere sweater that your granny knitted for you.

10/10 for a masterpiece of memory-lane. They don't make grannies like this anymore.

BTW this is equally wearable by men who "have seen it all, been there - done that, and have nothing more to prove". The old and wise caterpillar, sitting and smoking atop the mushroom (Alice in Wonderland) would smell like this!

alberto1964
alberto1964

I tried and tried but my consideration on Ambre Fetish remains the same: a simple and harmless scent without character. What remains are heavy talc notes. Annick Goutal has done much better in other fragrances.

lindaberlin
lindaberlin

Just got my sample yesterday and tried it this morning. Full bottle worthy to say the least. Amber, spices, smoky, a touch of leather. I honestly cannot add more to the positive reviews here, but I will definitely be buying a FB as soon as I can. Can't get enough of it.

This is an amber that works better for me than most. My skin has a tendency to really amp up sweet notes and turn most ambers to syrup.
When I saw this contained notes of leather, styrax, iris and incense I was pretty sure they'd be able to restrain the sweetness and make this fragrance wearable for me.
Well, it is wearable. In fact, I like it. Yet, it's just a bit too sweet for my taste still. I like my ambers really dry and powdery (L'eau Ambree) or sheer and woody (Scent by Costume National).
The beginning is definitely syrupy sweetness. I'd say this lasts close to 30 minutes. Simple syrup and incense. Eventually, Ambre Fetiche does get somewhat drier. The styrax really stands out to me and gives it a woody character (styrax, to me, smells like tree bark, cloves and vanilla). I also start to get the geranium and iris, adding a powdery bitterness.
By the drydown, it is definitely more typically unisex, with leather & incense being the most dominant notes.
So it's a like, and I will use it and enjoy it.

Q80
Q80

wow... just yesterday (24 feb 2014) saw this perfume and from the reviews here i wanted so bad to try it, and today before few hours i just found out that it is on sale 25% off.

this perfume is leathery with a hint of sweetness. to be specific the leather is on a hint of lovish vanilla, although i dislike vanilla, but i guess im starting to love it. in this perfume it's like heaven. it's kind os similar to Cuir Ottoman by Parfum d'Empire but more sweetish as i sense more belty leather in Cuir Ottoman when it dries down than in this one. and to be more specific, this perfume when it dries down it smells like the middle note of the cuir ottoman .it is a great perfume for the one who likes an intermediate leather note and nutmeg.

it is quite soft and harsh a bit. it doesn't fit all tastes as one of my brothers hates it (his signature is eros by versace). i guess because of this perfume im beginning to like vanilla notes.

Eos
Eos

Gorgeous leathery incense.
Ambre Fetiche (AF) by Annick Goutal is the kind of fragrance that perfumistas adore and non-perfume lovers complain about. While not a sillage monster, its is rather strong for the Goutal line and features distinct notes of burnt liturgical incense, dark leather and a rich labdanum and benzoin based amber. At times I smell an intensely green medicinal note that must be coming from the patchouli and gernanium in the base. I was always quite comfortable wearing it and thoroughly enjoyed my bottle to the last drop, but I did get the occasional negative comment about either smelling like a hippie or like church. Even still, AF is lovely. Its different enough to be instantly recognizable and would make a great signature scent for any self-assured person.

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

This is an amazing fragrance. I sampled it and decided not to buy it at the time. Oh woe is me as I have had such difficulty tracking it down ever since. It is the absolute ideal complex fragrance. It keeps changing and always for the better. Heads turn. People smile at you in the street. Its gentle yet unusual and it is unique. In my opinion it is better than l'air de desert Moracain because it is so rare. And you do not have to be brave to wear this perfume as it doesn't blast out but still stands out. Sadly the sileage isn't too long so the effect is fairly short lived. It's still worth it.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Of the three fragrances I tried from Annick Goutal’s Orientalists series, this was the only one I enjoyed. It is somewhat reminiscent of Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, but I find this fragrance to be simpler. It’s not as strongly herbal, but it has a similar medicinal quality and comparable level of sweetness. The leather adds a bit of darkness to the composition.

I don’t smell the floral notes, but the resinous elements are all discernable – amber, incense, styrax, benzoin. Being a major amber enthusiast, I’ve had a whiff of a large assortment of amber fragrances by now. I think Ambre Fetiche is well done, but there are quite a few other amber fragrances that I prefer. Ambre Sultan and Blue Amber are two, among others, that are in the same general family but are more enjoyable in my opinion.

Really oriental amber fragrance!

It really sounds oriental when amber goes together with frankincense, labdanum, tyrax and benzoin. And at the same time the iris note makes this composition more delicate. So the amber in this fragrance doesn't seem annoying.

Not a fan of ambery fragrances, but I like this one.

I do happen to have an amber fetish myself and this fragrance scratches my itch BIG TIME!
This is an amazing juice, totally bonkers I've never smelled anything like it...truly!
A hugely complex spiced amber fragrance that somehow reminds me (strangely) of how my sinuses feel after I come out of the swimming pool at the gym and inhaling the crisp, green, evening air. I don't why that is...this is a rich fragrance not fresh or green at all, neither does it smell like chlorine but this post swimming analogy remains.
I have no experience with this house but what a fantastic start to my discovery. Ambre fetiché is a rare smelling fragrance that combines some of my favourite things, masses of amber and incense. I'm totally sold on this!

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

questo profumo mi ha fatto innamorare subito.
le sue note sono fumose e dorate, sento aromi di resine che ardono, liquori,nuvole di fumo e dolcezza che si muove su uno sfondo cupo.

tymanski
tymanski

this one really appeals to my tendency towards incense, smoke & rich ambers. it is quite complex but also rather linear- it is only the proportions that seems to change over time rather than the scent itself. an assertive mix of styrax, frankincense and dry woods connect with a subtle iris & labdunum in a completely gender-neutral way. on my wife the vanilla become pronounced, but on me the styrax/benzoin hum is more dominant. a fantastic fall/winter frag that lasts all day....

gmstrack
gmstrack

Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal, just like the name implies, is not for the faint of heart. Maybe I’m influenced by the name, but I’ve tried AF on several times, and it just keeps delivering. At first, AF reminded me of vintage Shalimar minus the citrus with extra leather and incense. Then I picked up the rubber note, which isn’t listed. To me, the rubber is so pervasive, that it makes me wonder if I’m supposed to be picking up the “Russian” leather instead. By the way, what exactly is “Russian” leather accord? Anyway, the incense, leather, and rubber combine to create a garage effect. Yes, AF is a couple of mechanics wearing Shalimar and chain smoking. In other words, AF is a very atmospheric fragrance: like Avignon, it seems to envelope one in a cloud of fragrance that could be originating from the surroundings instead of melding with the skin. (Thankfully, the 15 mL splash bottle is the perfect amount of AF for me and I will probably reach for this during the winter months.)

Final verdict: AF is good, but not one of my go to fragrances. I’ll just stick with Bulgari Black, thank you.

Decent performance; overall rating 3/5

drakecito
drakecito

Incredible. Deep and complex incensey and balmy amber.
It reminds me to Ambre Sultan but better and more sweet.
Longevity around 24h. and sillage is amazing...
I prefer Sables but this is a must try...
Masterpiece!!!

Scent: 8.5/10
Sillage: 9/10

hippopotamus
hippopotamus

This smells amazing when sniffing the bottle. On my skin it smelled just as lovely at first, but after an hour or so it started to smell like coke... Bad chemistry.

antfarm
antfarm

An intriguing amber that smells nothing like its ambery brothers and sisters in niche perfume land. This one stands out from the crowd and does its own smoky thing.

It smells more like an atmosphere or texture than an actual perfume. The atmosphere: an opium den. The texture: a very heavy golden velvet with embroidery.

Although I admire this one greatly, I can't wear it because I feel like I'm being followed around by a cloud of smoke. The sillage is so thick you could cut it with a sword.

VeroNiché
VeroNiché

Wonderful, cosy, warm, vanilla scented smoky amber. I want it. Very snuggly.

delara
delara

the best amber scent I've ever tested !

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

"overly sweet unrefined amber" - is the apt description, i would take it if its given to me free, but wouldnt buy it - good for wearing once or twice in a year, not full bottle worthy given its cloying attributes nevertheless it has its admirable moments 7/10

FoxyVixen
FoxyVixen

This scent reminds me of YSL-Opium but it is a bit more sweet and warm. And a bit less incensey. It smells gorgeous and is not too empowering. It'a very sexy scent that isn't "repulsive". I want it ! :)

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Intriguing, esoteric and with unmatched quality.
The incense is intense with amber, a leather touch and hits a chord not previously thought because it mixes with benzoin and vanilla, causes me sensations ever experienced, wonderful.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I've tried several amber EDPs over the last few years; one was too dry and austere, one was cloyingly sweet. But in Ambre Fetiche I've found what I consider to be the best for my chemistry. A dry, smokey incense, resinous and dark, with a touch of sweetness peeking out in the heart notes, this fragrance showcases amber in a way that hits all the right notes for me. The smokey incense note never disappears, remaining as the base throughout its very long lifespan, and gently giving way in the final notes to a soft vanilla accord. The leather listed as a note never seems dominant on me, it's more the resinous quality that lingers along with the vanilla note. Incredible sillage and longevity; use sparingly. I dabbed on a few drops in the morning and could still pick up the scent 14 hours later. A beautiful fall/winter scent, and great for men as well.

Blimunda
Blimunda

This is what I call a sacred, esoteric smell!

Ambre Fétich opens with prominent sweet incense note, and although being strong, it smells meditative, relaxing I'd dare to say that it almost has some healing power.

As the fragrance develops on the skin, it becomes more and more balmy, dusty, filled with resinous brownish amber smell. I think that I also smell a good quantity of orris root, rather than iris, giving the composition a "dirty", powdery smell.

I rarely fall in love with fragrance, but this one was love at first sight, wonderfully done! I would suggest it for all those who love amber, but don't like it to be monotonous, sticky, too strong, but rather combined with some other related tones that would make it alluring!

Real unisex!
Excellent lasting power.
Very good aura.

Parfumista2010

After having worn some amber scents in the past few years I have now found 2 of them all for which I fell deeply and which I will remain faithful to :
1 ) Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens
2 ) Ambre Fetiche by Annick Goutal

Sorry, Tom (Ford), your amber chokes me, sorry Giorgio (Armani), your expensive take on amber only reminded me of the "Sultan" too much.

AF is, that much I can admit without bad conscience, heavy, narcotic and nothing for the faint of heart (if you want a lightweight amber go for Ambre Precieux by Maitre Parfumeur & Gantiers). In my opinion there are only two kinds of amber scents : the lightweights and the heavyweights. My 2 favourites both belong the latter category. Resinous, deep dark, warm, woody, smoky, even slightly leathery amber aroma. And Vanilla (which I absolutely love). Styrax, Labdanum, a bit of sandalwood : GIVE ! IT ! TO ! ME ! Now, subito, tout de suite ! :-)

AF must be dosed carefully (being a heavyweight champion in the amber arena) but it will surround you with a warm aura of cozy winter cabin fire.

AF is surely a vanilla amber (after a while at least), a hint of sweetness comes with it. Ambre Sultan, on the other hand, is a rather herbal scent and rather short on the vanilla/styrax. So to speak, I think AF actually appears gourmandish to my nose and Ambre Sultan presents itself quite dry and serious. They are close relatives in the same demanding scent family, their makers made the best of their DNA.

Be that as it may : AF is my favourite scent in Goutal´s line and I very much hope there will be more of this kind in the future.

fanny
fanny

A secondhand -almost full- bottle arrived a couple of days ago by mail. Ever since, we have been living in the "good old hippie days".
I say "we", 'cause my husband took a sniff from my wrist and claims Ambre Fétiche is now permanently housing in his nose. The way I spray anyway, nobody will be able to escape the atmosphere.

Notes: incense, incense, patchouli, incense, patchouli, gorgeous amber, incense and patchouli (did I mention the patchouli?)

Remote family: Cèdre by Lutens
Sillage: way back to the east, way back
Longevity: a thousand and one night

judyk
judyk

I'm laughing at myself right now! Trying new perfumes is such a roller coaster ride...

At first spritz I nearly suffocated from the church incense/smoke overload. I was ready to consign my sample to the "sell on" box right then and there. My first thought (once my head cleared) was, "If this is amber maybe I don't like amber after all." :(

But one thing I've learned from my recent scent sampling craze is to wait out the first half hour...

I kept having cautious sniffs at my wrist but it was still all smoke and incense - until about half an hour in, when the vanilla started to peek through. That's more like it!... Another 15 minutes and a slight fruitiness developed (the geranium, perhaps?). An hour on and now I get spices and a hint of floral, all mingling with a most delicious incense.

The final verdict? I love it!

leahjoyce
leahjoyce

Beyond all expectations...wonderful, long-lasting, very incense-y, addictive, trip to a wonderful place!

mauza
mauza

Begins with an incredible amber-leather accord which evaporate delicately after 15-20 minutes to let the drydown appears : vanilla and a sort of incense which my mother used to burn in our house tellin' us (while we were suffocating) that we better knock it off because this gonna protect us from the evil eye curse.

I have moroccan roots, You know...

Mystic, long-lasting with an incredible sillage.

ericrico
ericrico

As per the notes above, this wonderful fragrance from the house of Annick Goutal is an elixir of amber, frankincense, labdanum, styrax, benzoin, iris absolute, vanilla and Russian leather. Very interesting scent pyramid.

I sprayed it on for a "review" - one spray on my wrists and one on my neck. Great warm, smoke-infused amber fills the air. A nice diffuser of styrax sits on the table in front of you...wafting notes towards your nose. Incense lurking underneath all of this, but not heavy and definitely an amber & vanilla/frankincense blend - like one I have that I burn around the holidays. Resinous and balmy...very nice. Soothing. Comforting.

Expecting even deeper and darker notes to come, this surprisingly turns slightly toward Myrrhe Ardente about 30-40 minutes in - sharing a light "sweetness" with the labdanum, benzoin and vanilla combining to create a "creamy" texture for the nose, with a nice light smokiness now underneath. No beeswax or anything carmelized here at all - the warming amber begins to start resonating on your skin. Turning back again to a dusty vibe with a balmy undertone (hard to describe, because the accords interplay so intricately). As others said - not cloying at all. The resinous warmth still there, the smoke is clearing, but there are still very nice plumes wafting up from my skin...and we are moving towards the drydown.

However, as Myrrhe Ardente is honeyed and you can almost feel benzoin crystals forming on your skin (just short of cloying - although that is part of its own beautiful nature), the iris absolute note here in Ambre Fetiche creates a nice lifted, powdery accord...which leads to a slight touch of deep, warm suede leather. It is faint - but creates a stage in the drydown (you will find it if you 'look' for it). I also notice the nice patchouli note blending with the composition, which is dark & earthy here - perfect harmony with the warm, resinous and slightly smoky amber that is still glowing with the benzoin. What happens is nothing short of beautiful...an experience in fragrance, not something you just spray. This is for connonsieurs and lovers of unique and true perfumery (as all Annick Goutal bottlings are). I try to mention that point in every review I do for a bottle of this house's work. This is niche, artistic and created with true imagery - not marketing in mind. The idea is to transcend the wearer (and those around them) to another place. This does for me, along with virtually every other Goutal I've ever had the joy of trying or owning.

I adore this as a fragrance as well as respect it as olfactory art - it is a wonderful, unique, smoky amber scent and clearly unisex. Myrrhe Ardente is definitely far better on my wife's olive skin than my own. I think this will be as good or better on her as well, but I so adore it on my own and there is a connection here that I feel is deeply spiritual. The potion that Ambre Fetiche is in a bottle is truly wonderful - it is meant to worn and adorned. Not a casual fragrance, but definitely one I will reach for on special occassions and when I want to radiate warmth and feel serenity. Again, I don't give ratings to Goutal's work...the house creates art, so a quantitative rating is not apropos. I really, really admire this. Fantastic.

**Update** - As I wore this again today, in a full wearing on my neck, wrists and backs of my hands - it showed incredible. I edited my review above and thought more about the late drydown (as this scent can last for well over 8 hours on skin with nice radiance and for days with a single spray on fabric. In the end, the glorious amber is what stays, albeit just slightly smoky. Instead of reapplying a couple of shots, I thought about the notes and what incense composition could "add" to the wearing. I reached for a sample vial of Comme des Garcons Man 2...with its wonderful white smoke, wood, and vetiver. I felt two nice dabs on the backs of my hands would show well and it did indeed! The Goutal juice actually accentuated the projection of CdG Man 2 - making it more of an aura scent...a wonderful feeling. You don't lose the amber, resinous benzoin and vanilla, but instead refresh some top and heart notes. Very light application recommended. I didn't even spray it on from my CdG Man 2 bottle as I wanted to focus on enhancing the wearing of Ambre Fetiche, not overpower or dominate it. Highly recommended to try.

After 3-4 hours, the light touch of CdG Man 2 faded and I refreshed the entire wearing with a couple of sprays of Ambre Fetiche and let it dry on the back of my hands for about 15 minutes. I then applied two more dabs of CdG Man 2 much earlier, while the Goutal was much fresher. Interestingly, there was very little conflict - they wore wonderfully together. Again, just two light dabs of CdG Man 2. It still smelled fantastic - so, not just a scent one could "add" to a wearing at drydown, but actually blend if they so choose. Very impressive.

dalmajen
dalmajen

Just getting slowly through my testers, and decided I would wear this all day, to be able to review it. I am an oriental lover, so this is not hard for me to wear at all. Very much an incense fragrance, but not spicy. Almost a smooth, sparkly incense. I get amber, and hints of leather. It has a sweetness, but not cloying. I would use it sparenly, as it is bold. A winter fragrance to be sure! I would personally not wear it in small restricted places, like the office, as being an inscence type oriental, may be heavy to others! I am very impressed with this one. tested Un Matin d'orage earlier (this is a gardenia floral) and had to scrub off! Great for die hard floral lovers, but too strong for me). I have the F.B. of Vanilla Exqiuse, and love that, and this would be my second choice, so far for these fragrances. But will keep testing, and discovering!

id
id

An impression of medicine at the opening as if the saffron note was there (at least it works on my skin this way).Incense is not my favorite but it is balanced here wery accurately. Leather shows off very nice too. Must try for ambre lovers.

glorious1
glorious1

I adore Ambre. I want them all. This is wonderful! The minute I put it on I knew! I wear it with no problem. I see some people think it is more for men but then...MORE for me!

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Lately I am hooked on amber scents. This is a beauty! The opening is very smokey and dry, dry, dry!! The drydown is warm and yummy! Not an overly sweet amber, just warm and cozy enough that you want to keep your nose pressed to your wrist.

Labaloo
Labaloo

"I could drown in this stuff and be in heaven" is exactly what I wanted to say! I cannot extol upon the charms of this composition any more than has been done already... one of the most perfect ambers ever created- a loban, olibanum, patchouli with a touch of white musk delight with just a judicial hint of orris. I would deifinitely cry if someone stole this bottle from me!

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

If Chantecaille Kalimantan and Serge Luten Ambre Sultan made love and had an uber beautiful baby who possessed the best qualities of both parents, the result would be Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche.

I love the initially sharp herbal that swims in sweet amber. I love the honey dripping dryness that follows... I can't describe what else I love about it other than, this is what I believe the middle eastern outdoor markets smell like; hot, dry, smoky, sweet bliss... orgasmic.

I could drown in this stuff and be in heaven.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I am looking high and low for a true & honest smoke fragrance--so here I am...

Anyway, on the top, this is so over the top smokey it makes my eyes water. Woody smoke, insense smoke, candle smoke--really smoky, and I was in love. Unfortunatly those scent compounds must be really volitile, so they die down relatively quickly.

The smoke remains but becomes more subdued in character. The main accord now is the amber, with works in a nice juxtaposition because it is a sweet amber, paired with the smoky insense.

The amber here reminds me much of Prada's signature amber scent, but much less sweet. It also reminds me of, Lord help me, Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights, which is a bit drier.

I do like this--it otherwise has good longevity, and sillage (for Annick Goutal.) I really like the combination of smoke and amber. That said, I wish it was smokier, and dirtier.

I've only worn this twice, so maybe I'll discover more, and I'll write another review.

sablebombe
sablebombe

This is my 3rd amber scent (along with Nez a Nez and Serge Lutens) and I totally love this! It's so unlike the other two and I am glad that I bought this based on the reviews here.

Not a lot I can add from what is below - dark, sexy, smokey, incensey, rich, warming, amber! I don't feel this is heavy or strong - especially if you compare it with the silage monsters of the late 80's early 90's! I get all the notes present as well - even the powdery iris as the incense top note wears down!

I now have 14 of Annick's fragrances and I can definitely say this one is so off the beaten track of all of them! There is something in all the fragrances that tells me they are AG's (similarly with Miss Dior/Dior Dior/Dioressence/Dorella) and I recognise an AG scent a mile away ..... this is different I would never have smelt the AG signature in this!

It makes me want to wear my leather coat and step out into the chilly day! One for late autumn and definitely a winter warmer - I would recommend if you love incense and amber - what a combination!!!! Definitely unisex as well.......share a bottle with your SO!

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Ambre Fetiche is tied with Ambre Sultan and Ambra for my all-time favorite amber composition, though they are very different scents. From Goutal's "Les Orientalistes" line, Ambre Fetiche is indeed fetish-worthy. The down side is that it's not going to knock anyone over with its sillage, and needs re-application to get through a day. I have to apply quite a lot to get the effect I want, but once I do, I'm very happy. It's a quintessentially warm amber, with a little spice, a little incense, a little labdanum among some resinous components. I don't notice anything in the way of a leather effect, though that is listed. It has a glowing, seductive, calming quality that I really love; I just wish it was a bit stronger. It would be equally seductive on a man.

;-)
;-)

First time I tried it I wasn't that inpressed, thought it was too much incense and ont my cup of tea. Tried it again and I was totaly hooked. This could wery well be my new signature. It will be worth all the money buying a bottle.
Leather, incense, labdanum, amber and vanilla. This is a stairway to heaven ;-)

lara0905
lara0905

Sultry eroticism. These are the best words to describe this scent.

At the first moment it's starts very lively,a bit bitter, almost medicin-like intensiv incence aroma with a touch of rosemary. The fresh aromas dissapears so quickly and remains the sweet and smooth amber with incence and labdanum.

Amber Fetish is like a perfectly composed masterpiece. Highness and depht, sweet and bitter, light and dark...

Celphie
Celphie

Oh wow... this reminds me so much of the frankincense they often burn in churches. The thing I like most about this perfume is that it doesn't smell 'perfumey' at all. I can easily say that they captured the scent of incense and 'bottled' it.

I discovered this beautiful fragrance only recently and intend to invest in a full bottle: I live in Canada so this will be perfect to warm anyone up during those frosty winter days, and even on crisp autumn afternoons, watching as the green trees start blushing in vivid colours, making up for the pale opaque gray sky, an antidote for the bitter wind if you will.
Unsurprisingly, this scent also reminds me of a fireplace: merry, smokey, woody, dark, and scorching hot. Actually I think this might be what the Gryffindor common room might smells like :P Ahh I can see it now: sitting on a fluffy couch, bundled up in warm blankets and sipping something sweet while the scent flutters around, enveloping the wearer in a bubble of pure bliss as Chopin's Nocturne No.2 (op.9) plays in the background.

As far as its' quality as a perfume goes, Ambre Fetiche passes all the tests: it lasts for a solid 8 hours (and more), it has amazing sillage, and it's concentrated enough that you can treat it as a perfume (oil or elixir, the strongest): simply spray on your wrist, rub (gently) together, then rub around your neck and behind your ears. Depending on what you desire, you can use only a little (that will go a long way, trust me) or you can be a little more liberal with your bottle for a more dramatic effect.

Some people pointed out that it smells heavy, strong or not appropriate for my age (I'm 20). All I can say is that you wear a perfume to please your nose fist and foremost. This is not one to please people around you, to wear on a date, to seduce, to a job interview, to class...this one is for ALL occasions because it's for you and you alone, and if you're happy, then everyone else will be ;)
I cannot point to a gender or age range for which Ambre Fetiche is meant to target, man or woman, old or young, whoever you are, just go for it!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

To die for. Gorgeous smokey, resinous, woody scent. Reminds me of Bois 1920 Real Patchouly, only this seems to focus a little more on incense.

And certainly a safe blind buy for any incense lover, in my opinion. Very unisex.

Parfumista2010

The smokiest amber fragrance that I know. Being an absolute amber afficionada I had to discover this one, too.
AF lived up to my high expectations.
In the beginning almost sharp and utterly smoky, like freshly burnt resin on my skin. Breathtakingly beautiful !
It takes at least 2 hours until the sweeter side of this perfume shows, reluctantly some honey-like aroma appears. This is when the amber reaches my personal high as I like my ambers not too dry.
What stuns me most is the development from smoky-bitter-dry to balsamic-slightly sweet and ambery.
And, for a Goutal scent, AF´s longevity is quite good as well.
If you like exceptional amber scents then this one is a must :-)

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

This is so very rich, pure, and to the point, that I would have believed there are only three notes here - incense, benzoin, and leather, with the emphasis on the first two. It is soooo burning-smokey that I would have guessed tobacco in here as well. This is by no means your cuddly amber go-to scent. This is the scent of a (Manhattan) lawyer who can get satan off the hook... it's that confident.

spookyjan
spookyjan

i love this perfume it is so unusual in a good way.i never smell this on others an i like it that way.expensive but worth it

Incense is becoming a real love of mine. The more I experience it in fragrances, the more devoted to it I become.

Ambre Fetiche is all about the incense. Not only is it the scent; it's the ash, the smoke and the stuffiness of it all, brought together in one big bottle of love.

This fragrance is what I had dreamed Ambre Gris by Balmain to smell like. Rich, vanillary, smokey and exotic. It is becoming rather difficult for me to choose between Myrrhe Ardente and this fragrance as my next purchase.

Please don't expect this fragrance to be shy, Ambre Fetiche is the opposite. It wants to be loud and proud. This fragrance is a real head-turner.

The sillage and lasting strength is absolutely incredible. Whoever said that Annick Goutal fragrances don't last, must be mad. Especially during Winter, this fragrance will last, and last and last.

I would find it incredibly difficult to resist any man wearing this fragrance. Hell, I'd find even it difficult to resist myself if I was wearing it too. I feel like such a bad-girl wearing this, and I must say that I like this new-found me.

Do beware that I am one for strong, bold, in-your-face type fragrances, that are not always to people's tastes. The trick is to avoid overdoing the applications. Regardless of whether or not people like Ambre Fetiche, they will absolutely hate it if you go overboard.

fpih
fpih

This is the only ambre fragrance I have smelled that isn't sweet at all; it's dry, arid, almost bitter. To my nose it's the labdanum and benzoin that are the strongest here. For me it was love at first smell. For my husband though it took a while to get used to it. His first reaction was "Do you like this??? it smells like a church!". After a month he said "Are you wearing your incense fragrance again?" "Yes", I said. "Do you like it?" "I don't mind it" was his reaction surprising me, because knowing my husband, that's one of the best reactions he's ever had since he dislikes perfumes, especially strong ones:) I can't detect the incense, however I trust my husband to detect single notes better than I do.

This perfume makes me feel confident and sexy in a dangerous way(!) but is also calming and comforting. I wear it all year, but I wear it only for myself. I don't think others will readily appreciate it; it's dark, gothic, slightly musty and I admit, a little masculine in a good way. This is not a perfume for the faint at heart or those who want to gather compliments for their perfume choice.

sofiii
sofiii

Ambre Fetiche starts like sweet(as in patchouli type of earth, rich sweetness), slightly burnt and incense-infused dry leaves.

Then it gets more and more burnt, but calmer and cooler. The cooling sensation is from iris and this is the first time I've met a cool iris without any sweetness, wonderful surprise! Also, the incense comes back every now and then.

The dry down is a quite and nice transition from the burnt leaves. Well, more burnt leaves with smooth creamy vanilla and leather hint. Maybe it's due to the burnt leave smell, I cannot smell too much leather, which is a good thing because I normally hate perfumes contain
leather note.

I find Ambre Fetiche easy to wear and comforting, especially in autumn. However, apply with a light hand, because the burnt leave smell could be perceivingly light, but it's actually quite strong and lasts like forever.

badusername
badusername

It's a strong scent, extremely incensy in the beginning. My mother smelled a single drop and said that 'c'est pour tomber dans les pommes' (to faint) and the saleswoman even admitted to me that 'you either love it or hate it'. This? Spreads. I spilled a single drop and the entire living room smells of it now.

I love this. It's not a predictable scent by any means - I was looking for amber, I got incense and smoke, but it quickly settles down into a nice ambery smell. I'll be treasuring the sample until I can afford the bottle.

Moyra
Moyra

I cannot deny that I love and crave thick, rich, warm and intense amber fragrances.

To my sense of smell, the very best "classic" amber(alas, not yet in the database here) is Persian Amber over at attarbazaar.com. The very best "unusual amber" is the apple-pie and sweet tobacco madness which is the deliriously lovely Hermes Ambre Narguile.

I have both of the latter fragrances, but, again, I crave amber - not, however, in the form of the bland, uninteresting, overhyped (ahh...the "niche" factor) and rather pricey (I received it as a gift) potion which is Annick Goutal's Ambre Fetiche, which smells like a watered down version of the cheapest head shop amber.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't hate Ambre Fetiche, I wear it once in a while in winter. However, it is definitely not an amber worth the niche hype or the hefty price of admission.

I hear its been discontinued. No loss, really.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

As with some other Goutal scents that I've tried, Ambre Fetiche seems a little weak compared to its cousins from other perfume houses. It starts off as a typical "amber" note that's fuzzy around the edges, as if it were wrapped in a light, off-white, woolly scarf. Maybe that's due to the leather and/or iris accord that was used. After an hour or so the rough edges wear down to a nice, amber scent, not too strong, and not very long-lasting. I think that within a few hours the scent was mostly gone. I didn't detect much incense, nor was there much in the way of lingering base notes. I'm used to bigger, bolder amber scents, and was surprised by the delicacy of this one. It would probably a good place to start exploration of amber, but will not make my top favorites list.

goldeneye
goldeneye

Intenso y evocador,como debe ser el buen perfume.Aunque la salida pueda asustar,al tiempo, permanece cerca de la piel,no es un perfume invasivo.Es un perfume de ritual,suntuoso y de buena permanencia.Recomiendo a personas de extrema sensualidad.

piazza dei signori
piazza dei signori

This is a dream scent. I wanted for a long time to find something with russian leather in it. I beleive this accord and the labdanum give the perfume a "status". If you don't want to prevail yourself from the pleasure to wear this at the office, you should be careful regarding the quantity. It's heavy, heady, brings to mind a church's atmosfere, it's perfect for the autumne. I don't detect the iris, 'cause it's mostly an incense perfume. Impossible to pass unnoticed, i 've never smelled something similar in perfume industry before. It's a cherrished frag from those you keep like a tresure wearing them drop by drop wanting them not to end.

Bluebell21
Bluebell21

I adore this perfume. It's very intense and longlasting. A littlebit goes a long way.

belle de sud
belle de sud

Much as I love amber and leather scents, Amber Fetiche is a bit TOO heavy for me - the incencey richness a bit too thick. It stopped my husband mid sentence to remark "WHAT on earth IS that??" none too favorably! However
it's staying power is exteme as the fragrance itself - I am still ambery after 18 hours! Perhaps I am just accustomed to Goutal's beautiful florals but AF is one I am glad to have tried but will not buy. Very unique and requires utter confidence to pull off!

Scent lover
Scent lover

The perfume I would classify as the best insence & amber combination. The opening is powerful as amber explodes in softness, thickness, intensivity. It is like sticking hands into honeyed amber and feeling its richness on your skin, smell, feelings. Soon enough comes the strong, smoky inscense that is blending well with ambery sweetness and quiets it down. The insence to my nose is followed by leather and it keeps staying sweet leathery insence. The dry down is least ambery and mostly I can smeel leather on my skin.
Who said its masculine? :) I find it at least unisex and every woman who likes the different amber, or maybe different leather, or maybe different insence should give it a go. I love all the three so it makes it one of the top perfumes that I adore :)

memechose
memechose

Ambre Fétiche opens with a brief bitter medicinal note, then becomes intense, slightly gourmand, spicy, resinous or an oriental amber , the amber is the star, supported by resinous frankincense. this fragrance has the most beautiful drydown -an exquisite soft benzoin and styrax trail. the labdanum and leather notes add a touch of muskiness that evokes ancient tinctures

A rich, thick incense fragrance. It has the sharp edge of a woody incense and a rich edge of resinous rock incense. Dries down to amber with smoked, burnt cork notes with vanilla and a faint version of that sharp woody edge. Very nice incense perfume, and not your usual heavily oriental amber. I love this one for it's uniqueness: An amber that doesn't cloy or droop under a load of suffocating florals. Neither does it have that slight sweat edge many ambers develop on my skin. This could be worn with red velvet or black leather with equal ease. Attitude a must.

F_A
F_A

Ambre Fetiche is oriental fragrance which would suit, from my point of view, more men than women. This fragrance is rich and mysterious, yet not too much heavy. The picture of a warrior arises in my mind. The warrior who is entering the old dark castle, opening heavy wooden doors, holding the sword in his hand. Candles are burning everywhere...The smell of leather, wood and inscences, lingering scent of iris flowers from outside of the castle that wind brings through the openned door, making the air fresh...The warrior is musculine, sexy and strong, but he's on the good side, his eyes are bright and loving. And so is the fragrance. What a kissable perfume!...;)

Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal 4.26 out of 5 based on 582 ratings and 89 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Ambre Fétiche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Ambre Fétiche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.