Designers » A » Floral Green « Groups

Des Lys Annick Goutal for women

Des Lys Annick Goutal for women
dislike

Des Lys by Annick Goutal is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Des Lys was launched in 2003. The fragrance features lily, ivy and cassis.

Lily Ivy Cassis

Des Lys Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For De Lys By Annick Goutal

Notes Lily Ivy Cassis

Allow the spring to enfold you, your nose, your senses and your home if you spray this in the air as a freshner. This is a beautiful absolutely gorgeous lily scent. Quite realistic to actual white lily flowers. The scent lasts a long time. Around the lily a green aromatic ivy is detectable and a fruity scent of cassis or grapefruit. However it's not at all a fruity perfume. It's floral and green, aromatic. It reminds me of spring so I can only bring it out in the spring time. Des Lys is one of those occasion perfumes where you have to know where to wear it when to smell it. For me it smells perfect during the day time and in spring and summer. My townhouse smells of this right now. I think it's really beautiful. I've experienced many Annick Goutal fragrances and they're all winners so I would recommend them to anyone who is getting into them. Des Lys is a great intro to Annick Goutal.

CoconutCoffee
CoconutCoffee

@Jennifer - your enthusiasm made me smile. I love it when people enjoy a fragrance like you do. Thanks for sharing :-)

Personally, I get a mental picture of Norma Desmond in my favourite Billy Wilder movie 'Sunset Blvd' (she's the almost cloying, almost delirious lily/narcissus) escorted by her gigolo William Holden (he's the bitter ivy/cassis). Thus I get the opposite of you - I experience the intoxocating flowers drawing us in and pulling us down until we get all entangled in the ivy like greedy flies in a honeyed web and end up drowned in a swimming pool (excuse the mixed metaphors!) I think the so-called feminine notes of the flowers are powerful and sinister whereas the so-called masculine notes of ivy/cassis are 'would-be sophisticated' but actually rather innocent or naïf. I find this seemingly simple cologne (just three notes) quite intriguing and sexy maybe even dangerous - it's much more 'film noir' for me than your innocent Springtime associations. I suspect I am probably old enough to be your dad so maybe that explains our different reactions?

I can't add anything to your review of the flowery notes. I think this is a very life-like ivy, especially the smell of the cut stem and the running sap (the ivy grows so fast in my garden I am always pruning it so I am very familiar with this smell). I cannot say much about the cassis except that it is very green and astringent - nice! I think this astringency makes the cologne attractive to those who like so-called masculine notes and it makes it a cologne that can be worn by men or women. It is a skin scent but it lasts well. There's no evolution, it remains much the same throughout, but the 'story' is so interesting it is never boring.

JenniferinSB
JenniferinSB

I love this fragrance! It is floral yet fresh and light. It smells like a combination of Lilies and Narcissus on a fresh, moist spring day surrounded by green moisture covered leaves and blooming flowers.

I am sad to say it is no longer made and by some stroke of luck I won it on eBay. I use it for special occasions and when my mood needs a pick-me-up. It works every time.

The scent is not long lasting or overly strong. It is perfect for this fragrance as it would not be the same if it was stronger or longer lasting.

If you have the opportunity to smell this wonderful fragrance, please do as it will give you an experience unlike any other fragrance!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Des Lys fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Des Lys, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Des Lys by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Des Lys by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Annick Goutal Heure Exquise Annick Goutal Eau de Camille Annick Goutal Eau du Ciel Annick Goutal Grand Amour Caron Tabac Blond Annick Goutal Le Chevrefeuille Serge Lutens Douce Amere Hermes Caleche Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Annick Goutal Songes Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion Frederic Malle Iris Poudre Guy Laroche Fidji Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais Frederic Malle En Passant Christian Dior Diorissimo Les Parfums de Rosine La Rose de Rosine Serge Lutens Rose de Nuit Van Cleef & Arpels Un Air de First