Designers » A » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Folavril Annick Goutal for women

Folavril Annick Goutal for women
dislike

tropical

Folavril by Annick Goutal is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Folavril was launched in 1981. The fragrance features exotic floral notes, tomato leaf, jasmine, mango and boronia.

Exotic floral notes Tomato Leaf Jasmine Mango Boronia

Folavril Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

Fruity-pear, summer, but to me it's just ok. It has soapy feeling. This one resembles too much of cheep shampoo/bubble bath. Synthetic, not particularly memorable or inspiring.

Peachply
Peachply

A gorgeous fizzy fruity floral always a happy scent to wear.

antfarm
antfarm

In the bottle I smelled the lovely mango and green notes. I was excited, so I put some on. Once on my skin, the mango was completely nowhere to be found, and the green notes bordered on toxic. The lining of my nose actually burned when I took a sniff. I tried to give it some time to settle, but I had to wash it off after an hour's time, as it smelled like I had a problem that only Hazmat could fix.

I heard Annick Goutals tend to expire quickly because of natural materials used. Maybe this was the case.

HelenAnn
HelenAnn

A most unusual perfume - I think it smells more like a privet hedge on me and wanted so much the fragrance of tomato leaf. Quite nice, but don't often wear it. I took a long time to decide on this one, over 10 years ago perhaps another Annick Goutal would have been a better choice. Would like to get the chance to sample the range again.

I was first introduced to the tomato leaf accord in Passion, also by Annick Goutal. Having been somewhat familiar with the scent, and also having grown up in the country where tomatoes would thrive in our vegetable garden every year, the opening did not shock me.

I rather enjoyed the unique approach, especially since Folavril was supposedly the first fragrance release from the house of Annick Goutal in 1981. The top notes consist of tomato leaf, fizzy citruses and sweet mango. When I say fizzy, I mean fizzy. The opening literally fizzed up my nose with an interesting sourness.

It actually took some time for this fragrance to settle, but once it reached the heart, the sour accords were forgotten, making way for a light, delicate and feminine jasmine note.

The floral blend is rather soapy and a touch sweet. It's an understated soapiness that's presented here, something not too bland, but clean enough to be fresh. I think you'd have to enjoy fresh green florals to like Folavril. It strikes me as being very green and natural, sort of garden-like on my skin.

It's really the heart of green florals and that sweet mango that makes this fragrance so appealing. In all honesty the opening is perhaps a little too sharp for me, so upon further wearings I've allowed the fragrance to dry down before leaving the house.

The sillage is so-so, and the longevity chops and changes as it pleases. Some days it lasts, some days it doesn't. I enjoy this fragrance for what it is, a clean, soapy floral with tropical and green undertones. I do still prefer Annick Goutal's darker offerings, however Folavril is easily second behind Songes as my favourite Spring scent from this house.

lara0905
lara0905

I'm a happy owner of a happy smell.:) Folavril is an uplifting, energizing green summer scent.After the application it's become very bright, green uplifting opening.After a few minutes I could detect some freshly cutted tomatoe-leaves with some soapy note. The drydown is longlasting, slightly- soapy,clean,"after-shower"smell.
Perfect when you just want to smell good, but don't want to get any attention.
I found some similarities with CLEAN Shower Fresh.

krissycat
krissycat

DELICIOUS, but not upon first blast. First blast I smell a note that is just weird.. must be the tomatoe leaf, but after that goes away what opens up is the most vibrant and juicy fragrance and I adore it. So far this is my favorite Annick Goutal. I'm very curious in trying Petite Cherie and La Mimosa since I love this one so much

la louve
la louve

Yesterday I have used this perfume the first time and I am inspired! First I had also the smell of "laundry" in my nose... but then I could smell the interesting green-planty-notes and ... I like the mango that´s really not sweet... yeah! Spring is there! It is only March and I am in love with... Folavril!!! LOVE FROM LOUVE! ;-)

Catttt
Catttt

sour laundry detergent on me unfortunately.

Never boring, Annick Goutal FOLAVRIL is aptly named: crazy April. In the opening, I am reminded in wafting waves of Bond no 9 EAU DE NOHO and FASHION AVENUE. Among the mystery "floral notes" there is something very mimosa-like and something very violet-like, and the flowers smell rather sweet for a couple of minutes, until things begin to settle down a bit.

And down they do settle, all the way to the ground, becoming more and more savory until, by the end, all I really smell are green tomato leaves with no sweetness or florality at all. At this point images of caterpillars come immediately to mind, the kind in my father's vegetable garden--he always had tomatoes--when I was a child.

FOLAVRIL offers to my nose a rather strange juxtaposition of two very different perfumes in the opening and the drydown and is definitely a unique olfactory experience! This is not really a floral aldehyde but a sui generis composition. Worth testing, at the very least.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Sharp, green, and slightly soapy. The mango and jasmine do nothing to sweeten it. On my skin, it's totally unwearable, which is a disappointment since I was looking forward to the refreshing effect of tomato leaves.

nyoka
nyoka

SORRY!I grew up on a far,chopping tomatoes.THis is all I smell.Hot Sun,Dirt,Darn tomatoe worms and leaves I wanted to chop down.SRY but this one is a NO NO.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

This fragrance is oddly enchanting. I love the name and yes, it is gorgeous. I want to wear it this spring and summer.

Noah
Noah

I love this eau de toilette so much. I first bought it 10 years ago in Paris and I use it up so quickly. Now I have a huge bottle (100 ml). It's soft but has a strong note of tomato leafs and u have to like that green note, to love Folavril. I love the name and the bottle..it is so gorgeous. I smile every time I wear it. I always gets many compliments on how lovely I smell.

Folavril by Annick Goutal 3.66 out of 5 based on 98 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Folavril fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Folavril, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Folavril by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Folavril by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.