Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Heure Exquise Annick Goutal for women

Heure Exquise Annick Goutal for women
dislike

Heure Exquise Annick Goutal for women Pictures

Heure Exquise (or 'Exceptional Hour' in English, which in this case is a reference to twilight, just like L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain) is a nostalgically beautiful and very graceful floral from Annick Goutal. It was created by Isabelle Doyenne (together with the late great Annick Goutal herself) in 1984. Romantic as are most if not all of Goutal's creations, Heure Exquise stands apart from the rest of the collection thanks to its truly exquisite Florentine iris heart note. The iris in the fragrance is supported but not at all overwhelmed by Turkish rose and Mysore sandalwood. Heure Exquise smells best when worn for romantic purposes, preferably by someone with a bit of experience in the matters of the heart. Annick Goutal herself imagined its possible wearer to be 'sublimely feminine'. Heure Exquise come in EDT form.

iris Hyacinth Sandalwood Galbanum Vanilla Rose

Chanel No 19 Eau de Parfum
Madame Rochas
Silences
Chantilly

Heure Exquise Fragrance Reviews

For The Love of Perfume
For The Love of Perfume

I bought this because of the reviews. I really enjoy this fragrance. It does smell a little vintage, but it also has a very classy lady smell to it. At first sniff, I get a lot of Hermes 24 Faubourg to it. Does anyone else? All in all, it is quite unique.....in a good way!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Heure Exquise Annick Goutal

Notes: Rose Iris Hyacinth Galbanum Sandalwood Vanilla

This fragrance has been called a watered down L'Heure Bleu by Guerlain. I don't see the connection. This is a lovely iris fragrance which has the same kind of powder effect as L'Heure Bleu but it's greener. The galbanum gives it a chypre quality but it's not as intense as other chypres. This is mostly flowers. I can smell each floral note which has time to reach your nose because this fragrance doesn't follow the top middle and base note formula. It opens with a rose, very perfumy and not at all a realistic rose, just powdery rose. Then there's iris and a distinct hyacinth. These flowers are beautiful when paired together. The galbanum begins to release it's nocturnal mossy type of scent and it's my favorite part of the performance of this perfume. The dry down becomes softer after the heavy flowers subside. It's a lovely sandalwood and vanilla. A lovely perfume but it has a simplicity and brevity that I don't care for. If you want a L'Heure Bleu Light this is it but it's nothing to go nuts about. I find it easy to wear, it's inoffensive and perfect for spring and summer as a casual floral, maybe something for church maybe something for a meeting. Very nice.

Heure Exquise EDP, Revisited 5 years later

In 2010 I had already bought "Petite Cherie" from the mall, and I liked it. I was also reading "Perfumes: The Guide" at the same time. I compiled a list of perfumes that I wanted to try, based on my reading, and this was one of them. Fragrancenet had a 50 ml bottle of this in EDP for like $45 or something, and only now do I realize how lucky I was to snap this up at that time. First off, it is in Eau de Parfum concentration. Secondly, it was old. The ingredients list is only Water, Perfume, Alcohol. I have already had 3 AG bottles turn on me, and truthfully I would not seek out "Vintage" Annick Goutal because their perfumes have such a short shelf life. Shockingly, this, for some reason, still smells great (my bottle of Petite Cherie from the mall went bad in a year.) Maybe there really is Mysore Sandalwood in my bottle--the sandalwood in here smells awesome, and we all know that no one puts that kind of sandalwood in there perfumes anymore. So I'm lucky.

When I reviewed this over 5 years ago, I had no idea what I was smelling, I only knew what I felt. Now, with my 'trained' nose, I still feel the same overwhelming emotions--a weird mixture of sadness and hope, wistful? when I wear this, but I can better appreciate what is going on.

The overriding notes in here are dry, dusty, and antique. The galbanum is not so much green as aged, like greenery in the woods that have ripened all summer, and now it is fall, and they are becoming concentrated and dried up. That and the powder--the iris in here is SUPER rooty, SUPER dry, and SUPER powdery. The galbanum may be the earth, but the iris is not earthy at all, it is rather ghostly. The other floral are muted and hard to smell unless you are looking for them (but this may be because my bottle is getting old.) As HE wears down it becomes almost skanky and dirty, dark notes that creep in, and the sandalwood base helps it along--woody and a bit creamy underneath those dark notes. The intense iris powder never goes away, it is evident through out the entire wear. Vanilla? Not on my skin.

I totally love HE. I have still have never smelled another perfume that makes me feel the way HE does. I love iris, and the combination of slightly scary dark notes along with the sandalwood is just golden. Unlike most AG's this does have good tenacity, just don't expect too much silage.

So now that I realize that I have a super old bottle of AG that hasn't gone bad yet, I am in a hurry to wear it as much as possible--until now I only wore it a few times a year (and I wore it when I got married!) but now I'm terrified that it's going to turn. I've never smelled the EDT, and at least they didn't discontinue this when the company got bought out. Still I am a little afraid of what it smells like now, it has to have been reformulated.

Delila
Delila

This is very striking. It's a beautifully formulated modern version of an 'older style' fume. I think it might be perfect for those who crave traditional fragrances more than modern sweet ones, but don't want to contend with the harsher notes sometimes found in true vintage fragrances that are past their best.

This to me smells clean, fresh, bright, a little soapy and cologne-like, as well as very settled, feminine and classy in that traditional way. It has the charm of a young modern woman with the graces of ladies past - the best of both worlds. I agree with Sandra below that it sits right in the pocket of a 19th century romance novel.

Personally, it's not right for me, because nothing with both 'green' and 'woody' in the accords list suits my personality, but I am very impressed with the quality of it. On the right person it will be great.

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

HEURE EXQUISE is evocative of the innocent, budding romance of 19th century romance novels. A respectful, anticipatory courtship where the lady eagerly awaits her would-be-suitor under a weeping willow in her parent's estate garden, sitting on a bench, holding her parasol with white lace, gloved hands.

This EDT is a powdery iris and yellow rose that is warmed by a whisper of sweet vanilla and freshened by a drop of citrus. Albeit a warm, close to the skin scent which invites approach, the sandlewood and galbanum add a very pleasant greenness. Unfortunately, this fragrance only lingers on my skin for around 5 hours.

Highly recommended; I will never be without the fragrance.

courant
courant

If you love Chanel No 19 the titillating comparisons between 19 and Heure Exquise might sway you to buying blind. Don't. HE owes more to Madame Rochas than it does to 19 and whilst it has undeniable loveliness to it, if it's Chanel for you then stick with it. Annick Goutal is represented in my perfume wardrobe by many stunning perfumes. Nuit Etoilee in the EDP is my favourite but I own Grand Amour, Mon Parfum Cherie, Eau du Sud, Quel Amour! Musc Nomade, Passion and others.
I have the EDP version of Heure Exquise and even as a woman of a certain age I acknowledge the powdery rose galbanum can be a bit 'olde world' Try before you buy.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is an incredibly dry, green galbanum. I certainly has hyacinth and a dose of iris, but is predominantly a galbanum scent. Briefly at the outset, I smelled a hint of sandalwood winding through, but that faded. Jacamo Silences is a classic green galbanum, and this is a very similar fragrances. But while Silences was cool, green and damp, HE is quite dry. Still green, but almost parched. It carries that powdery note of galbanum, which may feel dated to some; and I think it has an aldehydic quality making it tight and transparent, the gauziness that comes from aldehydes.

Sillage was modest to strong, and sillage fading very slowly to last about 8 hours. I recommend to galbanum and hyacinth lovers.

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

This fragrance stands between Chanel No.19 and Chamade Guerlain..... Int the same vibe somewhere in the middle of the two, in the lines of Silences Jacomo but softer powder edges......

PropTart77
PropTart77

I was uncertain about this perfume; I had heard fabulous things about it, but I have a sensitivity to sandalwood (makes me sneeze if there's too much). Like most of my current collection, I scored a bottle on eBay, with the understanding that it may end up being an expensice mistake.
The initial spritz was worrisome; I found it to be a bit powdery (transl: "mature") for my tastes. I was not effected by the sandalwood. The dry down, however, is something else. Somehow Heure Exquise ends up as this delicately floral scent that is just soooo romantic. The sandalwood is noticiable only in so much as it lends a lovely warmth to the complamentary blend of iris and rose. I have found that if I can get through the initial phase of smelling like my grandmother--not bad, mind, just "fussy"--(which on me thankfully didn't last very long), the dry down makes the wait totally worth it.
The more AG perfumes I smell, the more this House appeals to me.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

This was my signature scent for about a decade. To me, it's a cool late spring evening, weather for a jacket and high-heeled boots. It's distant and clean and despite being romantic, it can take care of itself.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

Absolutely beautiful. I love Annick Goutal perfumes, and I ordered a bottle blind-a serious gamble at these prices. After my first sprays, my immediate impression was of classic perfumes from the 1940's....when perfume was womanly and much more intricate than the "fruity sweet fresh floral" fragrances everywhere today. I was hesitant; what if it turned out to be a dated, old lady fragrance after the topnotes faded? Did I make a very expensive mistake? I went about my day, and several hours later I caught wafts of a breathtakingly beautiful scent......notes of powdery dusky iris and rose, with delicious smoky,warm notes ...and I smelled my wrists and fell completely in love with L'Heure Exquise. It's totally different from my other perfumes; I can't always wear iris scents, and powdery scents can be tricky; if done badly they smell cheap and dated to me. This is in a whole different league; it's a masterpiece. Heartbreakingly lovely; this is honestly the first fragrance I have ever worn that truly feels romantic to me. It conjures an image for me of a classic old movie, a gorgeous Gene Tierney or Lauren Becall , in a ladylike, but sexy dress, on a date with a handsome stranger. I love it.

meligonlan
meligonlan

This perfume is like a lighter version of L'Heure Blue from Guerlain. It has less nostalgia and a bit more sensuality. It's not headache inducing like HB. A true masterpiece! For those who like HB but can't stand it's power this is your solution. It is so romantic, deep and conjures old hollywood!

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I am a few hours into testing HE against No19. Results are as follows: Nearly identical with the first spray; As their respective notes develop; NO19 persists with a sweet green phase for a good hour or so. No19 is the epitome of freshness and It will continue to be my favorite Chanel. The sandalwood and Iris dominate in HE in a very feminine almost nostalgic way, same "vibe" as H'Leure Bleue , only in that it evokes nostalgia in me. It does not smell at all like HB. When I was a young girl I used to ride my horse through this meadow that was laden with new spring grasses and purple crocus to get to my gran's house. Before lunch I'd wash up with this wonderful powdery purple flower soap that my grandmother actually made herself. Heure Exquise is a snapshot into the past of my horse "Blossom", Gran's beautiful soap, and scents and sounds of that spring meadow.

UPDATE: HE is the bouquet the bridesmaid's will carry. Subtle, yet charming, doesn't cause a stir in a crowd, but will charm those close by. NO19 is the Bride's Bouquet, it will be noticed and will command center stage as it should.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Melancholic and hauntingly beautiful fragrance which is soft, quiet and gentle.
This fragrance most certainly is the epitome of that quiet time just before dark as the sun goes down and we head into that dusky red hue. Alone with our thoughts, the sun slowly sets into evening and we turn to go home.
A truly stunning scent by a genius perfumer, this reminds me of L'Heure Bleue but is less musky, less sad.
It took me years to appreciate AG perfume, but finally I am there thank goodness I have lived to appreciate this house.
Silage; hugs the skin tightly, this fragrance is very private.
Longevitity; average
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This review is for the eau de parfum strength (thank you TillyWave!!)

Galbanum and iris/sandalwood HEAVEN. Elegant French floral meets exotic sandalwood and powdery Iris notes, which a touch of that vintage hyacinth sharpness. Am I in heaven??? Where have you been all my life, beautiful, both warm and distant fragrance? I get crazy projection/staying power from this... I seem to be very lucky!

Until now I thought I was enamored of oak moss, but maybe my real love had been galbanum all along.

Heure exquise (exquisite is an understatement) is NIRVANA for the galbanum lover and also for the lover of all things classic (I'm reminded of soir de lune, vent vert, Eau du soir, rive gauche, Heure bleue, etc). This has to be one of the best perfumes I've ever smelled, it has everything I love... old school vibe, powdery and woodsy Iris, galbanum.... and a strange underlying sandalwood "incense" vibe. So strange. SO MAGNIFICENT!! A touch of cold darkness and mystery, a touch of warm elegance... a perfect perfume, in my book.

I love how it is classic smelling but also so simple in notes, almost a modern pyramid. I'm literally freaking out right now and don't think I'll ever tire of this classic. I give it 11/10. Very well worth the money, when you see how expensive some "procter and gamble" cheap scents are right now, keep your money and treat yourself to the quality that is Goutal. Buying this is like buying hand built furniture opposite to buying Ikea. In the long run, you'll have a beautiful investment.

lanags
lanags

Very classic, grown up and not too powdery. I like it but wish it lasts longer radiates stronger

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Annick Goutal perfumes aren't what you wear if your'e the HEY LOOK AT ME! type of person... Although I do love that type of perfume. They are beautiful little treasures best enjoyed worn on those special little "moments" to yourself. That's how I see Annick Goutal perfumes. Beautiful treasures. Bond_girl 1979 describes Heure Exquise perfectly.It is an enchanting fairytale fragrance that is best enjoyed when you want that 'me time" moment. For me it's watching one of my old black and white romance movies and one of my favorite cups of tea.

Heure Exquise rides on a powdery cloud of enchanting irises, soft and velvety, rose petals that seem to be falling from the sky. It is exactly what it's name implies...exquisite.

Pine2
Pine2

A cool, green opening of iris and delicate rose. Galbanum gives it a lovely green quality that tempers the sweetness from the violet. Sandalwood provides a creamy softness that becomes more dominating along with the iris as the fragrance develops on my skin. It stays on the cool side for me, but pleasantly so, the fragrance brings out the cooling quality of sandalwood (it is often commonly used for its "cooling properties" in India)
It remains sheer on me, though as I find this quality in Annick Goutal's scents is what makes them so addictive. They don't smother you and I can't get enough of this one.
It does indeed share similarities with Chanel No.19 as other reviewers have noted.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This is a delicate, dusky, almost ?smokey rose. On it's own it sits very close to the skin and is a whispering scent rather than a noticeable, outstanding one. It is the kind of scent which would mix well with other scents to create something a little more dramatic. On it's own, it is a subtle, thin to the touch, endearing skin scent. Delicate and feminine. It reminds me of a dusky black silk veil doused in rose and gently wafted through woodsy smoke. She is elegant and graceful, but fleeting. Blink - and she has left you with a soft caress on your cheek as day enters dusk.

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

I love this scent it is my signature aroma! I hated it at first, I thought it was awful. You have to give this scent time. Once you get to know it you'll love it too. The sharp green bitter dryness softens into a mysterious, powdery dream. I find this scent highly original which adds to the mystery. My favorite aspect is the softness that soon follows the somewhat chocking dryness. It is such a pronounced softness.that is hard to do. But there is no other scent like it.
It fits my personality so well I feel like myself with it on more than any other scent. So dreamy and floaty and whispery. Gently coaxing you into it's depths, feeling no need to shout or demand and asking you to accompany it to ethereal regions.
And it has depths, trust me. As a person who may seem shy at first has depths, so does this scent.

mediterranean
mediterranean

Lady like perfume, very proper with something mystic in it. It summarizes lots of other perfumes from the 70s and 60s. And it is a masterpiece. You can feel some Chanel 19 some Chamade, even some Madame Rochas. Wear it to a brunch with friends , to a meeting in your childrens school, to the opera, to church and everybody will be sniffing around wondering who the hell smells so good!

purrz11
purrz11

I've had this waltzing on my wrist for about 3 hours now. I'm so totally in love! Heure Exquise is warm, spicy, gentle, powdery floral magnificense. I can't even pick apart what it is I'm loving so much but it's like everything beautiful in the world has been captured inside this bottle. Elegant, sexy, sparkling. Everything I ever dreamed of in a perfume! ♥♥♥♥♥

Lilian
Lilian

The powder on butterfly wings. Angelic.

Baldric
Baldric

Nice enough. Rose and iris with something green and brown(I'm not the best with specific notes, although I like to think I'm getting better as I sniff more and more). Starts off kind of cool and then warms up. On occasion I get a almost sourdough smell from this. This was the sample that finally convinced me to purchase a full sized bottle of no 19. I much prefer it and given my small collection, I see no need to own both.

daniela3
daniela3

The following review is related to the E.d.P.

Although I cannot find many similarities with Guerlain's l'Heure Bleu (perhaps both the names refer to the same time in the day so it can be misleading), whereas I think it vaguely reminds me Chanel 19.... I believe that this is (for me) probably the best created by the same Annick G. together with Isa. Doy. L'H.E. is a rather simple frag almost 'minimal' but pretty remarkable! It's a flourish frag, but it doesn't speak the language of 'flowers' - in a strict way - as I also find something 'animal' in it, though I cannot say why. It shows the typical balance and elegance which is a landmark in A.G.'s creations, it makes me think at the old fragrances, being it a little retrò, but despite old perfumes tradition, it doesn't have any particularly evolution and the classical 3-phases here are missing . Beautiful sillage and better longevity compared to that of the other 'brothers' of the same Maison.

I normally use it in winter.

akats
akats

I don't get it! How is it possible to compare such a wonderful fragrance as Chanel 19, with that harsh synthetic smell? On my skin, is awful! It reminded me once more, of hairspray as Caleche and Rive Gauche have done recently. Fierce sharp galbanum, bitter and annoying with a twist of roast orientally spiced meet! My husband smelled my wrist saying Ugh!! it smells urine.

fanny
fanny

Well, Divinity has arrived in the building.
Everything else, previously called divine, is looking a bit faint and dusty.

Being not too much in the habit of idolising flowers in a perfume, let alone idolise a 'flowers-only' scent (I'm an overall 'woody oriental' (Lutens!!) worshipper), I am confused by the fact that this perfume compels me to "throw heaps of praise upon it"..

So I question myself:
Would I want to smell like a goddess?
Would I want to own the stature of an empress?
Would I want heads to bow in awe and recognition?
Hm.

Do I bow for Heure Exquise?

Baguette
Baguette

I have loved this for years .its smells divine and is I think my favourite however my husband tells me it smells like baby powder which is not quite the effect I am after! I love soft powdery scents No 19 smells synthetic to me or rather on me so any suggestions?

suile
suile

For wearing on a summer's evening, as twilight falls. This used to be my "reading historical novels" perfume, and I associate it with some kind of courtly elegance. I am not usually a fan of heavy powder in fragrances, but this one somehow transcends the note. If you love Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue, you will probably love this one too.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

Sophisticated... this perfume screams Belle Epoque;
Powdery sensuality that comes from afar, elegant sensuality and not primitive, ethereal, mystical... And expensive Iris. Not for the amateurish and lighthearted. It's hazy deep purple... You are caught in the twilight zone, but you are confident enough to delight, and not get scared. Don't judge it from the first few seconds... Let it rest on you, and envelop you in its magic. I love it. I possess it, and I'm possessed by it...
(EDP)

Gillie
Gillie

I have tried this in a series of "If you like Chanel No. 19, the you'll like...."

Well, I like very much, but it should not to be mistaken for a No 19 doppelganger!

Yes, the opening is sharp,green and shimmery like 19. But whereas 19 rings out with the clarity of a note from a crystal gong, Heure Exquise soon resolves into a warm flourish of harp strings.

I think it must be the soft rose note that gentles the galbanum.

I have been learning that when the adjective "interesting" comes up for me in relation to perfume that it is probably an indication of an iris presence--and following the rose I detect "interesting."

This is a subtle, graceful scent: a sharp, sophisticated start (kterhark said "wealthy"), but a soft resolution. As if No 19 kicked off her heels, stripped off her silver bangles, and slipped into a velvet dressing gown.

Catttt
Catttt

i thought chanel no. 19 was very close to what i wanted, but maybe a twinge too sharp. i read this one was "similar", which it is, but it's too far on the other side of the spectrum -- very powdery/soft. no. 19 is better for me.

Nat13
Nat13

What on earth has gone in to the top notes here? I'm guessing a heavy dose of galbanum coz there is something so bitter,dry, earthy, and to my senses, well repulsive frankly going on in the first 10-15 minutes that I am not sure I'll be keeping this one

That said, I like those notes in a perfume, I just don't like to be able to smell it so distinctly it overpowers all else initially. I literally recoiled in disgust both times I road tested this. However I find the opening of a few Goutals odd and almost out of place, but generally love them once they move to the heart - and this was no exception.

The heart is a lovely blend of rose and iris, and for me, with the rose the more prominent. The iris (and dare I guess orris too) lends a slight powdery quality to the composition, yet it is not so powdery that it would automatically be a first impression. Powdery-ness (is that a word?) usually mutes other notes in my opinion, but this whilst somewhat softened, is still an unusually clean and clear scent. I dont mean as in fresh or green - but each notes is in itself a very true to nature scent.

I must say despite my misgiving about the opening, I can really detect with this perfume the skill gone in to creating it and for that alone I have upped my appreciation of this house being something a bit different to the flock.

It only lasts a few hours on my skin (edp) and I am not sure I could go in for re-application whilst out and about coz I find the opening so off putting but I am going to test drive this a few more times and see if we can make friends.

TillyWave

This is absolutely beautiful. I won't go over the notes, but this scent made me wistful and hopeful at the same time it was so gorgeous.

Admittedly I wear Chanels with my scrubs to work, and Guerlains with a sweat shirt. But this is the first perfume that I would only wear at night in the spring or fall, in cool damp weather, when I'm outside but have no where in paticular to be.

A truly intense creation. The best AG I've come across.

EDP-Many changes in intensity and character, will last about 8 hours.

For those that like the idea behind L'Heure Bleue but maybe have a hard time with it, I suggest trying this instead.

Okay, now I get it. Now I really get it. Annick Goutal HEURE EXQUISE is such a complex and compelling creation, constructed of such high-quality components, that it could easily have come out of the house of Guerlain in the early twentieth century, back in the good old days, long before the devastating coup staged by industrial chemists and venture capitalists. Wow, I'm impressed.

Unbelievably, HEURE EXQUISE actually lives up to its name. This exquisite chypre-like floral approaches the stratum occupied by the likes of MITSOUKO and ARPEGE. You won't find any sour, synthetic sandalwood here. Du vrai parfum, this is just stunning! Rose and iris mingle with a variety of unlisted chypre notes to produce an intoxicating composition with excellent longevity and big, beautiful sillage. On my wish list!

Thank you, Celina, for introducing me to this work of art!

An iris fragrance in my mind, and based upon what I've experienced, is often counteracted with a distinguishable soapiness, heavy powder or an array of other floral notes. Heure Exquise is very different from what I'm used to. This is no Iris Nobile, Le Labo Iris 39 or Chanel 28 La Pausa.

I was actually surprised to see iris listed as a note here. When I first smelt this fragrance the dominant iris did not occur to me. I was too fascinated with the overall composition rather than determining particular notes.

Upon further reflection, Heure Exquise does have a lovely iris accord. This fragrance is stunningly simple. Somewhat dry, spiced powder with smokey undertones.

To me this fragrance is almost animalistic. It has many sensual qualities and it exudes confidence and an element of class. When the iris blends with the turkish rose, sandalwood and subtle spices, the result is almost ethereal.

Heure Exquise almost surpasses my undying love for Passion, also by Annick Goutal. Combined with great lasting power and an iris that shines above and beyond many iris scents on the market today, Heure Exquise is a sure winner in my eyes.

I cannot wait to get my hands on a bottle. The wait is almost too hard to bare.

Kterhark
Kterhark

A big 'thank you' to SedNon for a sample of this, it is truly an unexpected surprise.

I get (and agree) with the Chanel 19 comparison. Bergamot and friends aren't listed here, but something is giving this a big green boost out of the bottle. I would even bring in Nikki de St. Phalle as a comparison for the opening.

The opening is loud, clangy and 'wealthy'. I started getting images of New York high society ladies; but before it gets too stuffy lovely iris kicks in, and the magic happens.

I LOVE a powdered iris dry-down, and here I am reminded of Chamade.

A gorgeous scent. I'm not familiar with this house, but this makes me want to learn more.

guest_Candace
guest_Candace

I have recently discovered the exquisite Heure Exquise because of comments on websites comparing it to Chanel 19, which I had worn since the mid-80's. I can't speak with much expertise on fragrance, but I can say that to me, HE is a softer cousin of Chanel 19. For those of you who love Chanel 19, but like me, have always wished it had more staying power (which HE does), I have stumbled on the wonderful combination of HE eau de cologne or parum worn with Chanel 19 body lotion. If these two scents were not so similar it wouldn't work, but they are and it does! You basically get the best of both worlds - the soft, feminine and luxurious pleasure of HE, just slightly amped up by the relative edginess (for lack of a better word) of Chanel 19. I'm in heaven! (Aren't vintage scents the best!)

Brielle87
Brielle87

This is a perfect Iris scent in my opinion. It is done in the classic manner, yet has such a delicious warmth to it; this does not always happen with iris, sometimes it can seem a little cold and unapproachable. As others have said; it is very similar to No 19, yet it is warm where the Chanel is cool, the green is inviting, whereas the Chanel is sharp, it is well rounded and flowing, whereas the Chanel is all angles and power-play. Do not get me wrong, No 19 is a work of art and I also adore it, but a work of art is not always comfortable to wear. L'Heure Exquise is a masterpiece that envelops you, and comforts you like a warm snuggle/hug and is very comfortable to wear. It is the fragrant equivalent of sleeping in a lavander hued bed-chamber and snuggling under a velvety throw, then catching a waft of a plant on the bedside table.

ScentMode
ScentMode

The most gorgeous Iris scent I have ever smelled. Even Iris Poudre can't beat it. It makes me feel like I'm wearing my favourite jumper and yet all dressed up at thr same time. Few scents make me feel like that but the ones that do all contain Iris or violet.

hopflower
hopflower

This is my favourite of all of the Annick Goutal fragrances. It is sophisticated, sexy and does indeed remind me of that exquisite hour, or the time between the start of sunset andthe end of the afternoon. The sky and the air are gentle and fragrant with the dwindling light and fierce scents of the sun. Night is about to fall; but not quite yet! Interestingly enough, I am pale skinned and grey-blue eyed; just the sort of woman that Annick herself said would go for this fragrance. The soft rose and dusky iris are ready to release their soft scents, and magic is about to happen.

chance25
chance25

I never thought I'd love another AG scent the way I love Ciel, but this little scent is winning me over. Imagine chanel 19, but softer and powdery. This smells very green like new leather and earth. The combination of florals w/ a dry down of sandalwood is most addicting. I've pushed my other perfumes to the side the past few weeks. If you love iris or chypes at all you must give this a sniff.