Designers » A » Oriental Woody « Groups

Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men

Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men
dislike

Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Musc Nomade Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures

Musc Nomade is the forth fragrance from Les Orientalistes collection, inspired by the scents of Quatrain princesses (customers Camille Goutal and Isabelle Doyen) who use musk and rose essence to perfume their bodies and hair. Added to this feminine scented harmony is aromatic Agar wood smoke from princess’s chambers. Musc Nomade is the “supernatural” musk, created from synthetic and herbal ingredients. A sensual cloud of white musk (synthetic musk muscone, angelica root, ambrette seed) spreads around the creamy texture of amber. Resins and wood compose the base: Tonka, labdanum and Bombay wood, a kind of papyrus. The fragrance was launched in April 2008. It is available in a 100 ml bottle.

White Musk Angelica Amber Tonka Bean Almond Labdanum Palisander Rosewood Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Papyrus

Musc Nomade Fragrance Reviews

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

Really like it, but the sillage is way too soft. Would be a good perfume for sex.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

I LOVE a nice, warm, mellow,clean-skin musk. Crave it. Musc Nomade, sadly, is not 'it'. Maybe it's the ambrette, or the angelica, but this one takes a real unfortunate turn away from sensual musk, for me... the aforementioned "powdered cat pee" sense starts the journey, and sticks around for the entire 45 minutes this stuff (mercifully) lasts on my skin. Powder, powder, powder. Old-fashioned, men's-after-shave powder, perhaps used to disguise a urinary incontinence issue. Sexay.

parfum d'une femme
parfum d'une femme

Musc Nomade~

I love the opening, it's soft and bright at the same time, sweet,and fresh in a soft milky kind of way. The middle comes up fast, about 30 seconds on me....and for a second or two I think, powdered........cat pee????? Fortunately that fades down quickly to the softest, sweetest, cleanest musk I've ever smelled. It drifts in and out, all the while surrounding you with the silkiest ribbons of scent ever. It's dreamy and quite ethereal.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

This is quite beautiful. Cozy. It smells soft and flowing, slightly floral, obviously musk-but a clean musk, does not smell dirty to me. All that with a hint of baby aspirin, that orangy-powdery scent. It smells edible, well, chewable.

I think Musc Normande would work on anyone, and it would be very suitable or a young girl's first scent. Heck, I'm well past young girl status and I wear this and it makes me feel great.

paranoidandroid
paranoidandroid

This is a subtle fragrance that is mysterious despite its simplicity. The collection of musks and musky smells is vegetal & green. Not green- like galbanum green - but more like freshly snapped young green beans and sweet juicy pear. I am guessing this is some combination of the ambrette and angelica doing their work.

Beneath it all is a cypriol/nagarmotha note- which is referred to here as papyrus. You might also know this note as one of the main components of what passes off for a modern oud accord in western perfumery.

Lurking further beneath are subtle almond/vanilla notes with hints of a fresh rose.

All in all, this fragrance is a study in subtlety and exceptional materials. It has a family resemblance to a gentler/kinder (dare I say, more feminine) version of Malle's French Lover (anglelica, oud, musk without the nose-piercing intensity of the woody-amber note in that one) or an "oud" inflected version of Chanel's No.18 (ambrette, cumin, rose, iris - without the fruitiness).

Like both those fragrances I love this one deeply.

PS. I can swear there is something rosy/slightly-floral here though it is not mentioned in the pryamid.

cytherian
cytherian

I just got a sample of this and have to say it's a delightful fragrance. A semi-sweet luscious musk, amber and wood aroma. The tonka note reacts with other notes to simulate a kind of blackberry essence. This reminds me of something Frederic Malle would create. Very unisex.

Longevity seems a bit lacking. But for half the price of a Frederic Malle fragrance (also known for fleeting longevity), I am seriously considering a bottle.

Oddly, it seems this fragrance is very reactive to skin chemistry. Reading the reviews I see a strong polarization. So definitely do not blind buy this.

Labaloo

I have to say that so many of the reviews here have made me chuckle to myself- so entertaining! And I'm feeling grateful beyond words that I can still smell this fragrance on myself the day after...

naapio
naapio

I loved Encens Flamboyant (ordered it after one good sniff) and would love to get my nose on some Myrrh Ardente so I was fairly sure Musc Nomade would be at least interesting. I dabbed it on my skin quite liberally from the little sample vial and.....couldn't get it off fast enough! A horrible, revolting scent of death and greasy skin. It reminds me of sickly unwashed people in retirement homes, the embalmed and waxy body on Ho Chi Minh and the gray skin that rolls off after a long steamy bath or sauna. The common thread here: death and decay.

I have tried washing it off with several soaps and detergents and it's becoming evident that it is not budging. Maybe if I'm willing to saw my hads off?

Allinug
Allinug

Sorry I wasn't logged in when I thought so. The review belovw which says the same as this one is mine also.

Got this one today and I don't like it. It's a smell of something strange and musk, not good at all.

Well me and my blind buys...sometimes good and sometimes NOT. I don't know what it is but this perfume makes me feel uncomfortable...it's creepy.

Sorry you who loves it but I must go and wash it off.

My advise...try before you buy, DON'T blind buy like me.

Update!
I forgot, I smell alcohol when I smell the bottle, like something you should drink...no it's not pleasent at all.

Sorry you who loves it but I must go and wash it off.

My advise...try before you buy, DON'T blind buy like me.

christianne1
christianne1

This is a 5 star musk fragrance. I don't really know any other way to put it. It is absolute perfection - for a straight forward musk that is slightly more on the dirty side than typical white but still remains clean. If you like white musk, this may frighten you a tad so PLEASE do not see the "white musk" part and think this is going to smell like Musc Bleu or Clair de Musc or anything like that or you will be disappointed. This has an amber and woody base that "dirties" it up a tad.

It isn't a monster by any means, it isn't on the order of Muscs Koublai Khan or anything like that...but it is probably slightly too animalic for some people. It is much less sweaty beast and is a safer bet for most but maybe a little too much for others. Musc Nomade starts out nice and stays nice but you still get a full on musk fix without it being TOO dirty or powdery. There is no hiding in the house for an hour until you stop reeking and start smelling amazing thing going on. You can put it on and head out and wild animals will not start head butting your car or anything. And nobody will think you haven't bathed in a week.

If you are looking for a PERFECT (but slightly more dirty than soapy white) musk that still remains rather soft, fresh and clean...look no further. Because for this style of musk, it simply does not get much better. But you do need to reapply it or spray your clothes and hair to get any staying power of it.

(Note: AG only highlights "synthetic" (musk) to let people know that animals were not killed or tortured to create this fragrance. Synthetic musk is pretty standard in all fragrances now and has been for quite some time.)

Jose Marcos

I just don't know what to think but suddenly Musc Nomade became very strong and very pleasant to smell. At first i couldn't smell anything and now it seems that I want to wear it at all times. All my scents are kept in a closed and light protected cabinet but when I open it MN is all I can smell mysteriously and it is not a shy or weak "personality", it is a very hungry beast. I love it.

Cold weather is not the best of times to try a new scent.

jamjazz
jamjazz

very wearable, very easy fragrance, which is nice any season you want to wear it! soft, very musky, and tender with some milky notes, it is a bit pricey for what it offers, but lovely.

Jose Marcos

Musc Nomade was a blind buy and at first application I couldn't even smell alchool, nothing at all. But one must think no producer would make something out of just water, and like some have said, not everybody smell the musc molecule the same way. So, I tried it for a few days at home nd after a while I could smell something very clean and suave, soft but persistent. Musc Nomade gives off a certain clean atmosphere without smelling of something in particular. Is that the invisible musc? This sense of smell stays around for about 5 to 8 hours, and it is comforting to get winffs of MN now and then.

So, I started to wear it with association with other clean scents, in special Prada pour Homme, which smells the same with a extra powdery facet. Note that I apply them on different areas so not to overlap. and sometimes I think all I smell is Musc Nomade, with Prada slumbering in the back ground.

Well, as said before, it is not the most exciting ilfacotory experience, but i am trying to make the most of it. Is it whorth? I am afraid not.

gmstrack
gmstrack

This is a sad, sad day. After a long day at work, I arrived at home to find a delivered package containing Musc Nomade and Ambre Fetiche. With a wagging tail I tore open the package and eagerly applied Musc Nomade to my wrist and started huffing away. Snort. Snort. WTF? Snort. Oh no. I am not able to smell parts of this composition. The musc note is incredibly faint and I think I’m detecting ambrette, but otherwise only pale amber with a touch of chicken soup fades in and out. As such, I will refrain from rating Musc Nomade because, sob, I just can’t smell it! Take my advice: do not blind buy Musc Nomade!!!!

Next day edit: OK, this is completely perplexing, but now I think I can smell the composition. The musc is almost a texture, not a discernable note. I’m finding the MN experience very subtle and almost spooky. It’s like the ghost of someone’s flesh lingers in the air, but it is difficult to really describe what that flesh smells like; it’s sort of like a faded memory that keeps snuggling with you. This is hands down the creepiest review I’ve written and I’m going to stop typing now.

Two days later: Yes, I can definately smell blackberry-musc accord, but the problem is that I need to dump half the bottle on my head to detect the whole composition.

Final verdict: MN is a unique, comforting musc with an almost haunting beauty. It is, however, wimpy beyond belief.

puddley
puddley

The magician produces his beautiful assistant, glittering and radiant, he draws her close to him, shrouds her in his cloak, then poof! She's gone..
A musk is a little like the assistant, a moment of utter wonder that shows us her beauty and then vanishes into the air.

As with most high quality musk scents, they are subtle and fleeting, in fact some of us cannot detect their grace and presence at all, something scientific to do with large molecules that betray our noses. However, Annick Goutal has offered us a musk of greatness, that although similarly fleeting, gives us a little more molecule to hang on to.
To do this, there is an inclusion of dense woody and resinous notes. Rosewood and Papyrus imbue a deep, smoked wood quality with suggestions of dry incense. Perhaps this is where the 'nomade' element lies, alike campfires in the desert. Labdanum brings an element of softness, a creamy quality to compliment the dry wood smoke. These additional woody notes add a gravitas and staying power to the delicate and elusive musk.
I am eager to try this on a warm day as I feel that in winter it is very much a 'skin scent' that does not project into the air around us. I imagine that with heat and humidity this extraordinary scent will radiate a profoundly sexy aura of musky humanity and a sense of the exoticness of the Orient.

Eos
Eos

My worst blind buy. I must be anosmic to the synthetic musks used in this. All I got was a salty, herbal, smokey, bitter scent. I smell nothing sweet, no rich labdanum, almond, or tonka either. The only woody notes are burnt. Nothing mysterious, just unpleasant and unwearable on my skin.

alepoz84
alepoz84

Immortale semplicemente magnifica fragranza peccato che duri poco nell'arco della giornata.....io l'adoro!!!!!!

FoxyVixen
FoxyVixen

It smells warm and cozy. Perfect smell when you feel a little cold. It's a comforting smell. The musk is simply amazing. I really love it, but I would've prefer that the scent last longer though..

fanny
fanny

Instant love, but also instant regret..
Musc Nomade could be my everlasting new companion, if only it lasted...

Absolutely gorgeous though

ION
ION

There is an immediate simplicity in "Musc Nomade" (which is also very unpretentious and cute) that makes me like it immensely.
Nothing more to say, this is a rather linear smell (not as linear as Body Shop's "White Musc") but never boring. At the drydown it becomes (at least on my skin) a bit like "Egoiste" at its drydown but similarities start and stop here.
I wore it today in Athens where temperature was high and it worked fine. It won't make you feel cooler (for this effect Kenzo Homme & Oceanic from The Body Shop are the answer) but you get the picture.
Nice work!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

To member and review below: I agree 100%...weather plays a huge role in the way a perfume blossoms. Ambre Fetiche is another one. One would think cool weather. Absolutely not! I have worn in both summer and winter...the cold air actually stifles and smothers its beauty. This perfume blossoms so well in warm weather and becomes rich and warm. I only bring it out in the summer now..

johngreenink
johngreenink

Musc Nomade presented an interesting wearing experience for me. This perfume is, in my opinion, very different from many other Annick Goutal fragrances in that it defies a traditional open/middle/bass sequence. The first blast of Musc Nomade is bright, fruity, rosy. A lot of notes rise from the skin, things like pomegranate, blood orange, figs, grape leaves. The musk is bold and only slightly creamy the way many other musks are. To my surprise, the musk becomes stronger very rapidly (within 30 seconds on me) and it's a very animalic and slightly bitter musk. As a point of contrast, I thought of Kiehl's Original Musk, which is far creamier and sweeter. Annick Goutal's Musk in Musc Nomade has an almost acrid quality which reminded me of turmeric and hiacynth which was just about over-ripe.

My first try with Musc Nomade wasn't a success. It was too harsh for my skin and too linear. It didn't change much from the moment I put it on. At some stages it seemed to have disappeared, a moment later it was loud and bold. Something wasn't right.

I gave it another try a few days later, and my experience was very different. It was a much warmer day, about 20 degrees warmer. I sprayed it on early in the morning... there was something about the way the scent reacted with sun and air, and it mellowed into a far more gentle and mysterious creation than my first wearing. A few sprays and settings later and I figured it out: This is most definitely a warm-weather scent, best worn in the morning or daytime. Completely unlike Amber Fetiche, this Orientalist is a creature of sunrise. For some reason, I'd thought that musk scents were primarily for the cold months and for evening, but not in this case. As I was driving in my car with the windows down and air pouring in, and sun on my skin, the scent was fascinating. Suddenly there were grapes and peaches and vanilla, gentle oud and potpouri roses, and a salmon-colored musk so different from the golden-hued honey-type musks I've been used to before.

Musc Nomade has been a great fragrance 'event' for me because it's one of the few fragrances I've owned that really needs to be applied only at certain times. I have so far gravitated to over-all perfumes that can be (pretty much) worn at any time without worry. I've since learned that this isn't the case with them all, nor is it necessarily a great asset if a perfume can be worn all the time. Certain scents are going to show their finest elements in certain light and temperature, and Musc Nomade is clearly one of them.

Labaloo

While I find the other three 'Les Orientalistes' quite potent, evocative, smouldering, heady, this one contrasts by being- overall- light, airy, and clinging close to the skin. If 'Ambre Fetiche' represents "gold", for sure 'Musc Nomade' represents a secret gift of silver- perhaps the light of The Star itself to guide the three travelers to their destination.

I sometimes use it for layering underneath the other three; it adds a lovely, filigree'd richness and depth- and extends longevity for all involved, but most-often I wear it alone: it reminds me of some kinds of incense I've smelt burning, quiet from a corner of an empty head-shop- fruity-woody-musky, brushstrokes of transparent reds, deep browns, silver-grey.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

This is probably the fragrance i like the least from Les Orientalistes (line that i LOVE) and also the one that is more distinctive. As i said in Myrrh Ardente this line of perfumes evokes fallen civilizations of ancient times, all adorned with the glory of their history, the exotism of such an ancient time and mythology, etc and they make us imagine a nubian queen sitting on her throne with one of those incese cones they used to use that melted slowly over their hair filling the air with luxurious exotic deep fumes, this Musc Nomad reminds instead the ruins of such civilizations. its cold, it is mineral, instead of the clean aspect of most musks, this one has a dirty touch to my nose, kind of the scent of stones...avobe all, mineral, very mineral.

Maybe that's why i like it the least...it is an interesting fragrance, yes, but it lacks the voluptuosity, sensuality, warmth, exotism, and at the same time mithological, deep ancient touch that the rest of the line has. If Myrrh Ardente, Incense Flamboyant and Ambre Fetiche (my fav) are like traveling in time and visitng Cleopatra in her temple in the warmth of Egypt, covered with jewels, rich ambers and icnenses purifying the place, her magnificent presence distant yet alive...Musc Nomad would be like seeing her statue now in our time....

jtd
jtd

I always wonder about this one. It’s made with a large serving of muscone, a musk with high molecular weight. Apparently the musks to which people are anosmic are these large ones. What does this smell like to them? To me it’s lovely.

My take on MN is that it has the softness and rounded fruity sweetness of the non-threatening wing of musk fragrances, “white musks, “ but also the complexity over time that the beastier musks have. This is more baby skin than rank armpit. There is a little of the waxy quality common to some musks, but the note that really fixes itself to the sweetness is the booziness. Booze and baby-skin. If that’s not enough complexity, consider therapy.

Once into the basenotes, MN wears close to the skin but also loses some sweetness, becoming a bit woody. MN’s drydown has a long trajectory and traces of woody berry sweetness drift up to your nose 12 hours after applying it. I love that this has the happy-happy angles of the clean musks, but the complexity-without-skank of the heavier musks. I keep wedging MN between the two ends of the musk spectrum that I’m positing, and I shouldn’t. If anything, the center area that MN seems to occupy shows that moderation can be a smart and definitive choice and not just a compromise.

A great scent for SoCal dry summer nights.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Well, this one is smokie,feels like you came in russian sauna: wood,steam,water on a hot coals.You seat there and only one thing you want- to get out of there to breath cold air.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

"pale" clear light airy white musk....
i like my musk to be "musky" and sensuous, such as, for example, narciso for her.
this simply doesn't cut it. too watered down for me. and linear.
i suppose this would work as a layering scent, paired with rose water.
but i'm gonna pass.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

On my skin Musc Nomade startet light, pure,oriental fresh, like something from Etro.And I feel notes of cytrus. Next is more oriental like little Opium , Etra, Yvres. Very elegant and light. Is very interesting scent. Very personal.Very good for woman in spring, summer,fall.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

MUSC NOMAD is light and airy fragrance, safe and pleasant. I thought with the name of “Musc Nomade” this will be an exotic fragrance reminding me of a distant mysterious land but it does not invoke many feelings in me as it is barely noticeable on my skin.

The fragrance starts as the super light and almost fleeting incense and amber smoke mixed with the gentle white musk. The scent transforms into woody notes with very light musk. It is linear and rather simple on my skin. My skin normally loves musk but somehow this one is not very noticeable. In fact the whole scent is pretty much skin scent, which my skin seems to hide really well. The sillage and longevity are low. This was a sample only but if I had a bottle I would try layering it with other scents. I think it will work fabulous for layering.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Don't let the fact that it proudly announces "synthetic" put you off this divine perfume. It is a clear, light, high-pitched musk with no sign of animalic or complex notes. There are some woody, incensy base notes, but this is not a perfume puzzle to be unravelled, it is quite simple. It fills my nose and makes me feel very feminine, safe and cosy. Not for a man, IMO, too sweet.

The down side is that it only lasts for about an hour, you go along nicely smelling it and all of a sudden poof! it's gone. For the money I had expected more. Never mind, enjoy the short journey.

kylexora

Update : after years of collecting perfume, I do realize that few of my perfume smell almost identical and almost similar to each other, including this. This is the perfume that I mean :
Bvlgari Rose Essentielle
Lanvin Rumeur
Annick Goutal Musc Nomade
Narcisso Rodrigues For Her EDP
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely

Don't you think they share the almost same smell??? Gosh, I have each of them!!!

Musk is a note that I am unfortunately anosmic to. Every now and then I capture wafts of it, but as soon as it appears, it's gone again.

Musc Nomade, from what I have managed to smell, is a nice blend of musky woods and milk. It's more soothing than anything else. I would probably wear Musc Nomade as a bed-time scent, as it is something that would keep me feeling snuggly and warm.

This fragrance isn't as spicy or as oriental as I expected it to be. Musc Nomade is the tamest of the four in the Les Orientalistes series, yet no less superior.

Clean and pretty, there's a sense of sensuous silkiness that pleases me greatly. For those that hold Narciso Rodriguez in such high esteem, should experience musk at its very best as it is represented in this fragrance.

I want to say animalic musk, however I refrain from doing so, because while it is sexy, it doesn't seem like the perfect remedy to rouse up the beast inside of us. For that fact alone, Musc Nomade is categorised by me as being a clean, white musk with a touch of woods.

However you perceive this fragrance, you are sure to agree that this is a wonderful interpretation of musk, having a wonderful versatility to be worn by both men and women alike.

hollycat
hollycat

This is a gorgeous white musk perfume that is delicate yet has a presence for others to enjoy. Its the best white musk Ive ever smelled. It has a slight spice to it that makes it positively sexy. But at the same time this scent is clean smelling. Perfect for everyday, signature material imo.

Average Sillage and Longevity. In my wish list for sure.

hay81hay

after over a month i found it strange and light , i think its not fit for me or everybody.
over all its OK, but its not that kind of fragrance u can buy it without test or depend on review.

kylexora

I receive a bottle today - which i bought it online from eBay. I bought a 50ml size. It smell wonderful, soft and silky. it stay close to my skin. The opening is fresh floral musky notes. then the i can smell roses plus musk. Not strong, but very nice smell. Great to be wear at cold season. on my skin, it last for 5 hours, but i hope it more intense because it EDP for God sake.
then i realize there is 100ml bottle, and i want to try it too. I dont know the different. Does anybody know?

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Good scent. Musk is good here but too weak and for that price you expect more.

hay81hay

i bought this one online as men perfume , then i shocked when i knew its unisex , then i got more shocked when i saw just women wrote reviews, but when its arrived today and i smell it , i get relax , and its more fitting on men as i guess, and its acceptable and nice worm , woody , Incense as i think.

i will see if i keep love it after a few days.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

All I want for Christmas is more Musc Nomade. It's dry musk, ice cold milk, a little almond, but what works it most of all is Angelica. There's a powdery dry down enlivened with a distinct tang of peach. Bliss. Heaven. This is the fragrance I return to for comfort, I feel like a goddess when I'm wearing this.

I get mostly wood out of this one. There's hints of tonka and almond and a faint dusting of musk, but overall I get strong wood, like powdered wood incense before it's burned. A lot like Jaisalmer, actually. It might be my chemistry, but there's hardly any musk in this on me. I still like it, but it's a misnomer for sure.

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

Very wearable, very pleasant, quite nice in winter, because it wrapps the wearer into a soft, warm cloud of well-being.
Some tender musc notes are mingled with lactonic notes chords producing a milky, sweet, dessert-like dry-down. Not cloying or annoying, on the contrary, a lovely musk.

moreda
moreda

hello daisy
i am from kuwait living in Holland..... i can help u with this one if u want ...let me know.

Musc Nomade by Annick Goutal 4.04 out of 5 based on 222 ratings and 42 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Musc Nomade fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Musc Nomade, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Musc Nomade by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Musc Nomade by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.