Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Myrrhe Ardente Annick Goutal for women and men
dislike

smoky
beeswax
Myrrhe Ardente Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Myrrhe Ardente Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Myrrhe Ardente Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Myrrhe Ardente Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Myrrhe Ardente Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Myrrhe Ardente Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures

The collection Les Orientaistes brings three oriental fragrances inspired by the 19th century painting that presents the beauty rithuals in harems.

The oriental notes that Annick Goutal presents in this trio are amber, myrrh and frankincense.

Myrrhe Ardente (Perfervid Myrrh) is composed of myrrh, Tonka beans and vanilla. It comes as a three-bottles collection in a leather case, that hides the three fragrances – amber (Ambre Fetiche), frankincense (Encens Flamboyant), and myrrh (Myrrhe Ardente). Each bottle contains 50ml EDP and each of them will be available separately in 100ml bottles.

The whole collection was created in cooperation between Camille Goutal and perfumer Isabelle Doyen, in 2007.

Myrhh Tonka Bean Benzoin

Guaiac Wood Myrhh Vetiver

Beeswax

Myrrhe Ardente Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

This opens harsh and scary but dries down to cuddly and innocent. All bark and no bite type of thing.

I love incense fragrances and really enjoyed wearing this one. The opening is very woody and smoky myrrh and dry-down is very toned down honey and myrrh. The transition from the opening to dry-down is very quick, and it can be good or bad, depending on how much myrrh fix were you hoping to get out of this blend.

mlleghoul
mlleghoul

At first it is decidedly medicinal… like an antique herbal expectorant one might procure at the local apothecary run by an unlicensed homeopathic pharmacist. It might cure you, it might kill you.
It soon becomes whispery smoke and mysterious veils and soft, powdery incense made from mystical tree resins. The kind of dream-tree one must ask permission to use, from the dryad living in. A very otherworldly scent, almost.

zucchera
zucchera

I rest my case with Annick Goutal perfumes, I bought this EdP and thought it would maybe have a better longevity than the other perfumes from AG, but nope.

The fume opens with a strong myrrhe smell and then it ends on me. Nada, nothing, niente....no beeswax, no vanilla, no sweet, no nothing. I feel nude wearing it becouse it feels like I splashed myself with pure water.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is the perfume that made me realize I've become a snob. It's got a pleasant myrrh and honey smell and I like the root beer. It's just not complex enough for me. I'm hoping that it will fare better in cooler weather.

antfarm
antfarm

This is caustic stuff. It makes my eyes water and throat burn. It smells of amber incense and super-strength Tilex mildew cleaner.

brightstar
brightstar

Myrrhe Ardente is very deep and complex. Initially there's myrrh and tonka bean and as it dries down a beautiful vanilla comes out. It's not a comfortable scent, it's so rich sometimes I can't even literally breath. So sad because I like it and I'd love to wear it more often.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Myrrh seems to be a fickle note for me. In certain compositions, I love it; at other times, it falls flat. Unfortunately this fragrance is one that lands in the latter category. The way that Myrrhe Ardent plays out on my skin is not enjoyable. It starts out very minty and clinical, giving it that “dentist’s office” vibe. As it develops, it becomes more resinous and smoky - in a strange way. The smokiness starts to smell like bacon, and I even get something that reminds me of tomatoes. It’s not that sweet of a scent, but it’s not particularly dry either. I see that another reviewer noted a BBQ-like scent, and I have to say I’m getting something along those lines. Clearly not everyone is getting this sort of effect, so it works for some...but I’ll have to pass.

Myrrh slowly going into vanilla on my skin. Actually, I know more complex fragrances with myrrh. So I can't say that I'm impressed.

nancyknows
nancyknows

I am one of the people on whom this smells like I spilled a bottle of root beer on my clothes, while crunching root beer candy.

DR521
DR521

Does anyone think that combined, all these wonderful notes smell extremely like root beer candy? The anise and honey are so overwhelming on my skin that is all I can think about. That said, I still enjoy wearing it periodically, particularly in cold weather!

meugie
meugie

I love scents of incense, myrrh, etc, and I find this perfume very good.
In fact, like all fragrances of Les Orientalistes’ Collection. But this is my favorite.
Some people say, in a not flattering manner, the aroma is candle’s Church. And I think it's right, but I like it. Obviously, when the candle wax is of nice quality.
It's like watching mass at the São Bento’s Monastery, listening to Gregorian chants.
It is not for less, the myrrh and beeswax are the most intense notes.
When I smell the perfume directly in bottle, can distinguish the vetiver, but on my skin nothing appears.
I have two perfumes with prominently Guaiac Wood (Le Labo and Korres), and I don't smell any of this note in MA.
I think the time to feel the individual raw materials has come, as I want to go deeper in the theme of fragrances...
After fifteen minutes, vanilla and tonka appear well soft. Overall, it's the smell of myrrh with royal beeswaxl all the time. But also, that's what I want to feel.
Projection and sillage of moderate to strong.
I use without fear of being happy, even at the office.

spoombung
spoombung

Absolutely sublime, beautiful, rich scent but, nooooo.....! DISCONTINUED as of 2013.

The best Annick Goutal perfume gone forever :(

Bandit
Bandit

The beefy BBQ note I get kills it for me. I'm a vegetarian for most of my life and I just can't get over the note of cooking meat.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Beautiful reviews before mine and well deserved for this magic potion. The ingredients and different facets are well described already. Regarding that I will only add that what amazes me the most is the use of beeswax in the beginning of the scent... it is a great complement to the myrrh and I think it's deeply captivating. I got shocked. The "ardente" part is immediately evident... you feel something is burning in front of you... it is truly fascinating and well composed.

I may disagree I don't find the beginning sickly sweet but instead buttery, waxy, tremendously compelling and sexy. Myrrh tends to be sweet but at the beginning is somehow dark here, like a ceremony of incense where something important is happening. Think of Avignon to give you an idea. Myrrhe ardente is not an easy scent for everyone. It's more likely to be "respected" than actually "worn" by most people imo. It falls more into the "weird" scents we all like to have from time to time. Unique, forbidden, unexpected for those around. It creates a certain distance, a very refined experience indeed.

After several samplings of Les Orientalistes I must say this is the one I prefer for its subtlety and harmonious development. The others have eventually fatigued my nose unfortunately. Very unisex and loooong lasting. My new precious ceremonial scent (this is not to say I won't be wearing it everywhere anyways lol).

Labaloo
Labaloo

Star anise, licorice, birch tar, patchouli, tonka/vanilla, honey/orris, vetiver, and LOTS of myrrh! Benzoin- yeah, a touch along with cinnamon to warm it up- all exquisitely balanced- breathtakingly beautiful!

I would have to be very desperate to ever think of selling this one off. It's very Doyenaise.

xabaras
xabaras

At the very beginning it's smoky, very smoky, but also green, somehow, it must be the sweetness of the benzoin mellowing the smokiness. In five minutes on my skin it becomes a mix of wood and mint, with a hint of frankincense. Pleasant. Unusual. A dry fragrance, despite the sweetness, if it makes any sense. :)

lakuota
lakuota

Once I got a decant of MA. I was patiently waiting for an appropriate day/mood/weather to try it on my skin. Days were passing, no special occasion occured and I didn't want to waste it on everyday errands. So I was only smelling it from the bottle. It seemed very good: well crafted and antique, full of my favourite notes. And then winter came and first snowfall occured.. and I sprayed MA on my wrists... and soon I got a headache and choke. Sad. I don't know what happened. It just reacted so bad with my skin, absolutely different than smell from the bottle. All the beautiful myrrh and resins were ruined with something like moldy wax and old booze from rotten barrel. "Perfervid Myrrh" turned to "perverted myrrh" and I'm so sorry for that.

I was afraid to try it again due to headache. But I've read so many beautiful reviews here on fragrantica. I want it to be dark, earthy and dirty, as someone expressed himself. Maybe I should give it a try some other time or other season. Or force myself acquire a taste :D In worse case, i'm continuing to smell it from the bottle or spray on my boyfriend.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Myrrhe Ardente is such an interesting and comfortable aromatic fragrance, and I prepared myself for an olfactory explosion.

I am rather amazed how it develops, I have never smelled anything similar to this, in case in form of the herbal varicose veins treatment gel, lol! Ok, I’m kidding but this note combination in the opening definitely smells to me kind of minty, close to camphor, aromatic, with some sort of herbal freshness. Honey note is present all the way long, being so natural and very light. It reminded me a bit of the way that honey smells and tastes in tea, that would be it, more or less… Myrrh tea sweetened with honey!

Very interesting and unusual, at least for me. So far, I was used to strong and sharp, wild myrrh note and dense, sweet and sticky honey while with this example I realized that even so powerful notes could be interpreted in the other way, totally opposite of how they are commonly presented and used.

Galya
Galya

Nice perfume,I feel a lot of cut woods,covered by black pepper,
so hot,so fantastic!

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

agreed-- opening is root beer, real turn off at first, but as that syrupy-dr. peppery sweetness wears off (about 20 minutes) it... matures? Becomes something that can be taken seriously as befits an AG frag. Would like a little more of the alder wood I see described in the reviews below.

Eos
Eos

So what does Myrrhe Ardente smell like? To my nose it smells a lot like an especially spicy, artisan crafted root beer when first sprayed. In this first blast of scent I clearly smell unlisted notes of black pepper, star anise and cinnamon.

As the opening notes fade on my skin, I briefly catch hints of raspy dark woods and tar before the whole composition takes a completely unexpected U turn back toward the familiar root beer accords of the opening. The dry down is more overtly vanillic and the myrhhe of the title finally comes into focus.

To summarize my experience: the top notes are dry spicy, the heart notes are bitter tar covered woods, and the dry down is a warm and satisfying, resinous vanilla.

Sillage: close to non-existent, this wears close to the skin.
Longevity: 5 hours
An interesting and nuanced interplay of spicy, bitter and sweet elements. The dry down of this scent could be packaged by Demeter and sold as "Root beer Float" and no one would bat an eyelash. That being said, if you love root beer or are looking for a warm resinous vanilla look no further.

Update April 2014: I've gone through two bottles of this and have just repurchased my third.

Maeva
Maeva

What an addictive fragrance! At first I found my edp too sweet. A strong honey accord made it too cloying for my taste. Then the second time I wore it I began to find it more appealing. On first application, a blast of intoxicating booziness (reminiscent of rum + pepper) makes up for its woodsy dryness, concealing the sharp bitterness of myrrh. Then it begins to smell more like smoky, spicy, ambery frankincense than like myrrh. As it develops for some more minutes, I get a less tangy (but intense) ashy-woody accord, a sort of smoky bittersweet woodsiness, almost chocolatey in its dark sweetness (as Missk pointed out in her great review). Sillage is moderate, but lasting power is incredible: more than 12 hours on my skin, and more than a week on fabrics. I wish other AG scents lasted half as much!

MA is not exactly a mood enhancer like other fragrances in my wardrobe, but it certainly has an effect on my spirits. Even if it doesn’t exactly smell like myrrh during most of its development, it still has some of this resin’s soothing properties. On evenings of very stressful days I spritz some on my wrists and the result is instant serenity. I find its honeyed woodsiness very relaxing, but maybe it's just my memory that makes me perceive it that way, for the scent reminds me of my granny's cozy beeswax candles, under the spell of which I felt so blissfully at ease and untroubled as a child (yes, Kasozo, isn't it wonderful how some scents can transport us to childhood? I can even visualise my granny's house!).

MA also takes you back to primitive liturgies of healing from the time when medicine, religion and perfume were closely linked. Indeed, this scent seems to evoke a mystique, not to speak of the religious association with the Magi from the Bible in the Les Orientalistes collection. This ritualistic vibe combines with its sensuality to make the fragrance even more enticing.

About the Orientalistes series paying homage to paintings depicting “beauty rituals in harems”, I don't like the idea that I'm wearing a fragrance with any possible link with sexual slavery, remote as it might be. The times of poor odalisques and concubines seen only as exotic, lascivious beauty myths must end at once!

MA is incandescence in a bottle, another scent brimming with passion (or with the mystique of passion) that can be related to gems like Opium (also including incense and myrrh, by the way. And wasn't Saint Laurent a true "orientalist" himself?). I’d love to smell this masterpiece on a man, but sadly most of the men I know are more into aromatic fragrances.

babsyfish
babsyfish

I have been at Myrrhe Ardente for about a week now, and I am still perplexed--astounded. How does such a rather simple composition develop so erratically over the course of a not just a single wearing, but multiple ones? Every time I wear it, something different happens, but it is always something good! The first time I wore it, it just smoldered on my flesh. It was the feeling of floating through a ninteenth-century opium den; it was something I could have laid down in and never gotten out of. But then the second time I wore it, it took a bittersweet turn that reminded me of licorice--no, sassafras--no, horehound. Whatever it was, it was a very familiar and comforting scent from my childhood. Since then, MA has produced different faces of smoke and bitter-sweets. I never experience the same thing wearing this beguiling fragrance, and I have noticed this mysterious mutability in several Annick Goutal fragrances. Sheer mastery...

glorious1
glorious1

I love wearing this. I do love Myrrhe however. So comforting and interesting. Delicious!

ericrico
ericrico

MissK and johngreenink wrote some great reviews here, along with a few others that added something provactive and thoughtful.

The actual composition/scent pyramid is as follows:

Top: Myrrh essence, tonka bean and benzoin converge to create a signature honeyed accord. A heart of myrrh resin, gaiac wood and vetiver increase the intensity, while a dry down of beeswax absolute rounds off the fragrance in a surprising, yet enchanting way.

I get a lot of "vanilla" with a touch of beeswax on top showing through - which comes from a blast of sweet benzoin and tonka bean to create the vanillic note. In reference to what others perceive as a "root beer" accord...borrowing from mimifroufrou: "Natural myrrh (Myrrh Essence) has a coldness and freshness about it and here the sensations have been reinforced with mentholated nuances. It also evokes wormwood and the drink derived from it, Absinthe (an anise note is an undertone). It is an interesting even captivating contrasted composition offering an unexpected soft green, slightly misty and medicinal character." Mind you, this stage of development is actually all coming from the actual myrrh essence itself in the top! The Tonka Bean and Benzoin created the honeyed, vanillic accord - but this really develops from the moment it hits your skin.

The clean, woody Vetiver in the heart, in conjunction with the Gaiac Wood and beeswax that seems to faintly show throughout the top and heart and grow stronger in the base, add to the depth of this rather mind-bending scent. It is definitely one you must wear several times to get used to...but, the beauty is most definitely there!

So, know that this is not for the faint of heart. I am not overloaded with any single note as things are balancing out - but a nice touch of wood at this stage is definitely very noticeable and well-integrated. This, to me, is very quality fragrance and I love AG's work - truly niche and you must be into perfume to appreciate. I have several other bottlings and will revew Amber Fetiche next. Encens is waiting for me - it is only a matter of time.

Warming up, I am getting a honeyed concoction that smells so unique - this will not remind you of anything, unless you are a beekeeper perhaps. :-)

Not sure this is fragrance or an olfatory science experiment, but it is absolutely enthralling. Not incense-laden - the myrrh resin isn't heavy or even that noticeable at first...alfarom is correct (again). Instead, it is the myrhh essence that opens this unique composition. I like it, though I can't say I love it. I am immediately thinking about layering with something that has more darker notes and less sweet amber, benzoin and honey. Amber Fetiche...? Encens? Comme des Garcons Man 2? What to do? I think, from an artful perspective, it is a line of wet, translucent honey-colored paint dripping off an earth-toned canvas...onto a hardwood floor. I cannot rate this - only say that I admire it, very much so.

Update - 90 minutes or so in...the "smoky myrrh" (which is the Myrrh Resin) makes an appearance. Strange, johngreenink and I, somehow ended up getting virtually identical notes out of this fragrance but in exactly opposite chronology! The walnut and cedar (that hardwood floor that just started to show a while ago) is now freshly sanded...this actually has great wood! Tonka Bean is still very prominent along with the benzoin - but secondary notes have emerged gloriously. I am now rethinking layering as this, like all Goutal's creations, require patience. This is now in harmony...rich, deep, yet totally sweet. Very, very, very tasteful - almost a gourmand vibe. My wife likes it - a lot! So much so, she wants to wear it on her olive skin - I agree. This is truly unisex and I cannot imagine how this could not smell almost edible on her! People who don't know perfume, please take note - this is an acquired taste...and those that have taste will acquire it. I will still refrain from quantifying a rating for this as a fraction will not represent the true taste and composition of Annick Goutal's work. Go elsewhere and let mass-marketed fragrance get stars and points. This is olfactory pleasure - any season or time of day...Cheers. ;-)

Update (a little extra): Just for fun, I burned some very high-end incense this evening - a blend of Myrrh/Vanilla/Tulsi stick that is incredible. It offered a lot of similar notes and deepened the smokiness and incense (naturally) of the Myrrhe Ardente. I found the deeper notes came out more on my skin as what was in the air (the sweetness does remain with the vanilla). I smelled my shirt just now (about 4-5+ hours since application) - the myrrh, amber, benzoin, beeswax, & vanilla are still there. A recommendation - spray a couple shots on clothes and the top notes of this fragrance stay almost the same for a long time. On the skin, a different evolution happens...which is rather remarkable! It was an interesting twist (with the incense) to add to a memorable day with a unique creation by Annick Goutal.

**Update** - A full spray to my forearm today really showed impressively, while I was in a full wearing of Ambre Fetiche. While I about "gave up" on Myrrhe Ardente for myself and let my wife adorn it (simply magical on her!), I wanted to wear it once more. I edited my review above, which explains a lot about the 'root beer' accord some get in this fragrance. I also dabbed (from vial) just two small dabs of Comme des Garcons Man 2 onto the Myrrhe Ardente wearing about 4 hours in...as it lasts a long time! The white incense, smokiness, aldehydes wood and vetiver had a wonderful effect with Ambre Fetiche, but less so here. While it changed the wearing while CdG Man 2 was present and was interesting to take a dozen or so sniffs over time - I felt it tried to make this something it is not. Once the CdG Man 2 faded away in a few hours, it returned back to form. Not a scent that necessarily should be made something it is not...

fanny
fanny

My first association is old woods, old furniture even:
A dusty salon in another century, or an antique sale in an old barn.
After a while I get a bit of beeswax, which makes it slightly fresh (big emphasis on slightly).
This scent is so strange, it will take decades to grow on me, which is probably the way it should be.
Definitely an acquired taste.

Edit 15th feb. 2012
Works well when layered with a Lutens: Feminite du Bois for example.

Edit 2nd of july 2012
When layered with Hermès Un Jardin En Mediterranee it is absolutely fabulous..

Kasozo
Kasozo

This makes me feel safe. Honey reminds of childhood and grandma's house. I wear it driving my car and I am completely out of this world. Sweet, cosy and still sexy.

Henriette
Henriette

I like spicy perfumes and wear them often, this one is just too heavy and after the first dry outburst, only a sweet vanilla note remains on the skin. It's very well constructed - as all Goutal's creations are - but it does not convince me totally. It changes too much from the beginning to the end and this does not suit me at all. I am sure many out there will find this fantastic. I wish I could too.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

First of all..i am a huge fan of Les Orientalistes line and i will surely get them all. This was the first niche fragrance i ever bough and the one i liked most from that line (now my taste is moving thowards Ambre fetiche lately..). I remember i entered the store and i said "I want a perfume that Cleopatra would wear..an incense that smells like something ancient, rich, exotic and mithological" and this is it!

It smells like an ancient egyptian or babilonic temple in the middle of the coronation of the new queen: The herbal purifying mystical scent of the myrrhe and the deep luxurious ambers mixed with a hint of smoke, and then a sweet delicate touch of somehting like liquorice or anise. At the draydown the smoke trace fades and it makes the fragrance sweeter and warmer, really conforting in winter when i constantly reach for this perfume as my daily chosen one.

Superwarm, rich, dark, alluring, diferent and..ancient..LOVE IT!

I'm surely not among the most keen fans of Goutal's Les Orientalists and, while Myrrhe Ardente is not exactly unpleasant, it still can't be considered as a myrrh centered fragrance. Basically is all about woods and amber. If you expect the pungent-aromatic smell of this liturgical resin you have to wait for the drydown where myrrh bashfully makes its appearance or, maybe, directly jump to Luten's Le Myrrh.

Rating: 6.5/10

lara0905
lara0905

Dark, earthy, dirty...defiant and shameless..seductive and intoxicating. Very provocative, amazing fragrance.
My first though after the application was: grog or glögg!:) It's smells like a hot swedish traditional winter drink! Sweet, spicy, soulwarming but be careful because it's easily can stay in your head!!:)

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I like myrhh, I like incense, I like woods, I like honey, I like Oriental category perfumes, so it seemed a logical choice to give the Goutal Les Orientalistes line a spin...The one I most wanted to try, Ambre Fetische, I am having difficulty finding in stock anywhere. So I grabbed the Encens Flamboyant and the Myrrhe Ardente. So far, the score stands at 1 unknown because unobtainable, 1 loved (Encens), and 1 maybe...

Myrrhe Ardente is interesting. It's not really incense in the general sense, though I couldn't place it in any other category. As for notes, I do not get much more than a whisper of beeswax and no honey. Yet it is sweet, quite sweet, almost achingly so. The initial spray gives a strong, medicinal scent that I really don't care for. In fact, the first time I tried it on a wrist I ended up washing it off because I needed to go out and it was not a smell I wanted to carry out the door with me. Subsequently I gave it another go on a rainy afternoon at home...Again, the first blast was not pleasant. I persevered, waiting for it to dry down and give up its secrets. Slowly the odd smell that seemed a combination of wet dog and apothecary's shop changed into something more complex and oddly compelling. Myrrh, definitely the main note; but also tonka and benzoin. Still sweet, but an evolved, nuanced sweetness. Sillage is subtle and duration medium. And I swear I can actually smell the "edges" of the scent where it blends into skin that didn't get sprayed directly, and that edge is intriguing as hell. I am wondering if it might not be a very sensual--if slightly unexpected--scent placed more to the center of the body. I'm also planning to give it more use layering it with other scents that I find too linear or too masculine, like my Ambre Extreme. It might not play nicely with others, but if it does, it will bring something intangible to the table. This is not a "go-to" scent, but it's one I am glad I got to experience. Very unusual, meditative, and compelling, as I said before. There will be days when this scent is what I want to wear, quiet thoughtful days at home perhaps.

Louw
Louw

A lovely, warm, subtle fragrance. The Myrrh is just the right strength and there's a definite hint of honey underneath. Unfortunately, on my skin it fades very quickly and just leaves a faint, almost-vanilla sweetness.

semj
semj

Today its minus 23 degrees celcius. I reach for this seldom worn fragrance in my shelf. I get a sharp incency smell the first few minutes, then I forget about it. Then a few hours later as my body is warmer i get a wonderful sweet vanilla, tonka bean and myrrh scent. It does't develop any further but who cares! Its comforting and brings me peace. Lives om throughout the day. On the wrist it's boring but om warmer more intimate parts its bewitching!

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

MYRRHE ARDENTE has rather interesting combination of beeswax and incense which in my opinion should work. I am actually quite familiar with the gorgeous real beeswax aroma flowing from the church candles when they are quality made. I know it has potential to smell absolutely beautiful combined with the myrrh. However in this fragrance beeswax is rather waxy and boring. The rest of the fragrance is quite pleasant. The myrrh is nice combined with just a hint of vanilla and tonka bean. I wish the beeswax note was better. I think it would make this fragrance truly outstanding.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I did not like this on first application; rather linear and medicinal. I'm glad I persevered because Annick Goutal didn't let me down, and this beautiful perfume later became sweet (VERY) and gentle, it seemed to soak into my skin and skin's warmth released the perfume's heart. Sigh...another must have.

Edit: Interestingly I tried it a couple more times over the next several days, and that sweetness did not ever re-appear, I only got the Tiger Balm smell. Well, I'll save my money for something else. Pity.

fpih
fpih

It took me a while and a colder weather to finally appreciate this perfume. When I tried it in late August I found it too sweet and cloying. In the middle of January, I finally caved in and bought a full bottle. What seemed cloying seems now smoky sweet and haunting. I don't detect myrrh but I detect a medicinal smell that smells more like anise than beeswax on my skin. That, along with the smoky feeling are what make this vanilic fragrance so exquisite, unique and comforting.

I seriously consider buying the body lotion as well, because I want to dive in this fragrance and have it invade my clothes, my skin, my hair. I adore it! It would also help enhance the lasting power which though good, is nothing like Ambre Fetich or Encens. Those two are loud where Myrrh is soft and calming. I found Ambre sexy, Encens spiritualistic/meditating but Myrrh is the one you want to where at the end of the day when you rest curled with a favorite book in front of the fireplace.

Cereza
Cereza

Warm, little bit medical, but extremely cozy. I don't find this to be too masculine as all the resins make this a wonderful, smoky and sweet scent that could be worn by any lady. The only thing that's actually disturbing me is the beeswax which is sweet, but wrong kind of sweet.
I like myrrh in my perfume, but, because of the beeswax, it somehow does not work on me as well as I hoped it would.
But ladies, do no run away from this. If you enjoy smoky, incensy and different perfumes that balance on edge of being almost masculine, give Myrrhe Ardente a try.

annabolina
annabolina

First of all I have to confess that I usually wear 'masculin' scents or 'unisex' ones, so reading the reviews of Myrrhe Ardente's masculine side made me wondering.
For me M.A is a noble, warm, sweet, but not cloying, profound BASIC INSTINCT - I can hardly detect it, but I can securely feel it's influence. I dream being GAIA, the mother of Earth, ancient, calm, confident, and instinctly sexual. Hmmmmm.... and I am floating now.

What people find difficult to like, I usually enjoy, and vice-versa. Myrrhe Ardente, and the whole Les Orientalistes series in general, are extremely well-constructed, beautiful fragrances.

I love rich, bold, resinous and smokey scents, so this fragrance is 'right up my alley'. Exotic is indeed what this fragrance is.

If you love fragrances like Oud 27 by Le Labo, Chanel Coromandel, Tauer's perfumes and anything woodsy and masculine, Myrrhe Ardente could possibly suit you.

Opening rather strongly, Myrrhe Ardente is a combination of dark woods, spicy incense and syrupy honey. I also get the reference being made in a few reviews to that slight booziness, a rum-like note that appears briefly in the heart.

Due to this fragrance's subtle sweetness, I find myself desiring this fragrance quite often. It would make a perfect scent for a couple to share, depending upon the fact that his taste is similar to your own.

While this fragrance is rough and foreign, it is incredibly sexy and alluring at the same time. Once the drydown has developed, I am often left in a peaceful state, shrouded in a smokey and sweet aroma, a little chocolatey and vanillary in certain moments.

The price is a little disheartening, seeming that is nearly twice the price of other Annick Goutal fragrances. However, for this particular beauty I would shell out every, single penny to own even a drop of its exquisite juice.

Noelia: if you dare, try myrrh powder (I purchase from smallflower.com)and mix about 1/16 of a easpoon with flex shampoo(sample size)and see if you like it. I know that it is not the same as spraying perfume, but try it and see. Anyone else who likes flex/myrrh should also try it.

yvashche
yvashche

Most people find the Eastern scents in this line really difficult to take. Myrrhe is super-sweet, Ambre is smokey, Nomad is mediciney, and Encens is piney. But on a cold day, I sprayed Encens on my arm and could not spot sniffing it. I eventually bought it for its exorbitant price, and later got the other scents for less. However, these fragrances can be layered and if applied with care, can dry down to magnificent woody and incensy warmth.

liquidiridium
liquidiridium

Oh no. Horrible on me. The myrrh is absolutely sickening. Perhaps this would smell better on a man.I do not know why myrrh smells like a sick burnt mint on me, but it does. It actually makes me gag.

CHARDKAY
CHARDKAY

I feel I am sipping a cup of hot buttered rum, wearing a pashmina or cashmere stole over my gold satin gown. It is that elegant and soothing.

First on, it smells very like Alder wood incense; woody and smokey. Very very nice, very smoky, and with that lovely warm wood note, like a wood fire on a winter’s night. As it dries down, an inexplicable toothpaste note creeps in, jarring the lovely incense feeling. Somehow I really like it anyway. A nice scent and a must for incense lovers.

Myrrhe Ardente by Annick Goutal 4.00 out of 5 based on 263 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Myrrhe Ardente by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Myrrhe Ardente by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.