Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Ninfeo Mio Annick Goutal for women and men

Ninfeo Mio Annick Goutal for women and men
dislike

Ninfeo Mio Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures Ninfeo Mio Annick Goutal for women and men Pictures

The new fragrance Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio, announced for 2010, reveals secrets of the forgotten world. The fragrance was created out of emotions inspired by Ninfeo gardens in Rome.

This fragrant composition introduces light and luminousness in top notes which incorporate cedrate, Italian lemon and galbanum, which evoke first rays of sun in early dawn, fresh and clear air and birth of a new day.

Central notes add aromatic and calming tacts of lavender in union with fig leaves, while base notes finish with woody accords.

Its flacon is a classic, glass one, coloured in dark green and available as 100ml EDP. The perfume can be expected on the market in February 2010.

Citron Amalfi Lemon Galbanum Petitgrain Bitter Orange

Fig Leaf Mastic or Lentisque

Woodsy Notes

Ninfeo Mio
Le Petit Grain

Ninfeo Mio Fragrance Reviews

Kai'elle
Kai'elle

I have given this numerous attempts in all weather and I get absolutely nothing but lemon. It opens as lemon and ends that way :( Its refreshing for sure but tiresome and dull overall. I know its just my chemistry that makes it that way...

gtabasso
gtabasso

fresh, zesty, summery scent but does not last; goes on a lovely perfect green fig but quickly becomes a tart citrus then dries down a bit musky

Napsu
Napsu

I bought this only by the notes and the reviews. It was quite cold spring when I got it. It was nothing like I expected. Strong, dry fig scent and galbanum and it was quickly gone. What a disappontment and waste of money I thought. I had to spray about 10 times to get a proper smell.
Now in the summer I gave another chance to this perfume. What a lovely citrus scent! Soft and rich with beautiful dimensions. The fig stands quietly in the back also and soft woodsy notes appear also. It's like a totally different perfume now. Beautiful scent.
Definitely for summer, not for dry Finnish winter on my skin.

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

firstly, this is what i expected Figure Amere to smell like.

refreshing citrus lemony top notes. lovely.
Ninfeo Mio delivers green herbs and woods in equal measure, without it overbalancing into anything too sweet or too ambery, like a lot of the figs I've tried recently.

i can smell pine trees, but perhaps that is the lavender or galbanum mixing with the other components to fool my nose. but i am transported to a green forest by the sea. i also get a coconutty fig note.

this is lovely for Summer.

it dries creamy yet fresh woods on me, lasts a good few hours, but my little one doesn't like it.

but i really do like it!
i wish it was easier to get my hands on the Goutal 15ml bottles, they are just perfect.

olga_adriana
olga_adriana

I do really like this scent, but there's something that holds me back from saying that I love it. I can't really explain why. Even though it's a "light" citrus perfume, there's actually something kind of heavy to it. It's pretty pungent.

The fig and the citrusy notes blend together well with the underlying woodsy notes. As with many niche perfumes, this smells less like a perfume, and more like a point in space-time. For me, it's reminiscent of a mediterranean island. It's quite fresh and crisp, maybe I'd even say it's cold. Yeah, that's it - that's why I can't quite "love" this one.

It's very memorable and unique fragrance, one of my favorites from the Goutal line. It was the only one that really grabbed my attention when I went sniffing a bunch. My mom's signature is Eau d'hadrien, and I find that one much more lemon-y than Ninfeo Mio.

I'd conclude that it's on the feminine side, but perhaps the right guy could pull it off if his skin chemistry emphasized the woodsy notes over the fig and lemon.

A friend picked up this bottle to sniff it, and said, "Woah, that's strong" and she smelled about 10 of my other perfumes as well. It is strong, and long - lasting, especially on clothes. No complaints there.

It isn't synthetic smelling, and that's something I can really appreciate it for. It does smell very natural. You can close your eyes and really transport yourself to another place.

It's often labeled as a summer perfume, but I think it's very suitable for fall actually.
It might be a little "too much" for every day wear, office wear, etc. It's more suited to the daytime and casual outings, but that's not to say it's meek.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Sharp, intense citrus blast, full on lemon peel/zest, tangy. Then fresh, green fig, mellowing into a woody base. Sounds simple, is simple, but is a sparkling, fresh must have for hot summer days. Refreshing.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

To my amazement Ninfeo Mio is more like a warm sweet park, rather than a cool grassy park I’d imagined about it. It starts with fresh sandy notes which smell just like the soil in a newly planted garden, I feel this is the most interesting part for me, I’d never before get a head note like this. Then the vanilla (though not listed hereunder, I do sense it) starts to sink in my skin, it’s not the creamy type of vanilla, it’s tender and has a thin texture, which smells like sweet flowers. The end is not as appealing to me as the begging and the middle, it’s just plain woody, very light and totally vanished from my skin without any trace that I’d been putting on a perfume hours ago. It doesn’t last more than 4 hours on me, I think my own chemistry doesn’t work together with the notes very well.

Here is a scene: I put the last couple of drops of Ninfeo Mio from my sample in office, my workmates almost immediately asked what smelled so wonderful around me? I said it’s a perfume that named by a park in Roman. They said it’s divine, it must be an expensive one, I said absolutely yes. But after some consideration I think the possibility I buy it is not so sure, due to its longevity on me. But what I am sure is that I still definitely like Annick Goutal works, including Ninfeo Mio, for their natural, romantic, beautiful features.

gucciguccigoo
gucciguccigoo

oh this is something special by the great house of Annick Goutal. I remember my first sniff of this wonderful juice, it transported me to a European Villa that had white picket gates covered in vines and had fig trees all around the property and the smell of the branches from the tree with the figs and greenery it was all right there in this juice. It has a very refined quality to that sort of nature in a bottle if that makes any sense. Im a huge fan of this fragrance, it is very fresh and earthy and refined all in one and I just cant think of anything that really smells like this. This works in Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. This is one of my all time favorites for su,re.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

A very full and complex citrus--zest, peal, flesh--followed by an unusual dusty scent, like a dry dirt path through a citrus grove. Didn't last long on my skin--typical of AG scents--but was an interesting little side trip.

PaulGaltier79
PaulGaltier79

very natural notes , a citrus garden in the skin, the best quality , an longevity silage perfect for a parfum with these notes.

polly golightly
polly golightly

lo indosso oggi in maniera più che opportuna: potrebbe trattarsi del profumo del periodo, piuttosto che del giorno. ninfeo mio è pieno di agrumi: limone, cedro, arancia; io ci sento anche pompelmo rosa, per una certa nota amarostica che compare all'inizio. i primi spruzzi sono quindi freschissimi, rinverditi ulteriormente dalla sensazione di foglia di fico. fin qui tutto bene: nell'assestamento compare invece qualcosa di fruttato e dolce, quasi cremoso, che rende su di me un tantino sgradevole l'insieme. profumo di primavera inoltrata, molto buono.

halflight79
halflight79

Very natural scent, pretty masculine due to its woody base. I am from a meditterranean country and, yes, it smells like if you were in a mediterranean garden... Love it!

EmmaZumba
EmmaZumba

Annick Goutal's Ninfeo Mio is summed up perfectly in the promotional imagary: a lush green river surrounded by lemon and fig trees with enchanting gardens bathed in glorious yellow sunshine.
Ripe citrus fruit and luscious fig are at the heart of this summertime-in-a-bottle fragrance. It's the only citrus based fragrance that my skin doesn't turn into cat piss.
It is lovely and vivacious and leaves a downy cocoon. It's spray-on sunshine and actually smells yellow and green.

cyberzigot
cyberzigot

Imagine a morning in spring, the air is crisp. A pond lies before you, its water clear and refreshing. Surrounding are lush green leafy plants with dew still dangling at the tip of its leaves. You might as well paint the image of fairies dancing around.

Such a beautiful composition that I had to own it after having a sample of it. Very natural smelling citron and green notes. The green notes is not your typical grass/leaf smell. There is a twist in it (i guess from fig leaves). And to balance the composition you do get some creamy notes in it to mellow down the citrus and fig leaves notes.

Looking for a natural smelling citrus green fragrance ? Get this !

gedlive
gedlive

Update: I was wearing Acqua De Parma Fico di Amalfi, a great fragrance this morning, similar to Ninfeo Mio, but the scent was gone in no time, poor performance. Then I applied Ninfeo Mio, much better green notes and lasting power...

Maybe the best, most natural green and grassy notes I have ever tried !
When I stepped outside on a nice Spring day wearing Ninfeo Mio, I thought I could have been smelling all the greenery around me. It smells like the air in Spring or early Autumn.

I have Hermes UN Jardin Mediterranee and ADP Fico di Amalfi which are compared to this as fresh fig fragrances. Ninfeo Mio is the most citrusy, a natural dry tart lemon. Someone said very accurately that the citrus is not fruity, but very tart in a dry way like Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte's orange is very dry and accidic. This makes it more mature and refreshing for hot Summer days.
When this dries down you get more of the interesting piquant notes, green fig leaf and galbanum, woody notes (light), I love um, makes this special. Some reviews here mentioned some strange notes in the drydown, I think those piquant green notes are what they're talking about...

The piney mastic resin ads a nice warm nuance, that balances the tartness a bit. I think this is better than Hermes Concentre de Orange Verte, although very similar.

I would say this is the best green, lemon fragrance I'v tried, not so much a fig frag. I think the Fragrantica note pyramid is off in this respect, the fig should be behind the citruses.
This is high quality, very natural and refreshing. This is in the realm of Tom Ford Neroli Portafino, in quality and freshness. I got a 100/ml tester from eBay for $40. great value...

Ninfeo has nice subtle nuances of greeness, fig leaf and artemisia, very light.
This is mostly gender neutral. I think unisex frags have masculine and feminine qualities, gender neutral I would say has nothing particularly masculine or feminine, like herbal tea.
The longevity is very good, better than Jardin Mediterranee. From the mid-drydown the citrus settle and the green notes shine.

Rating: 9/10 ,for a citrus/ Summer frag.

God bless. John 3:16

scentedrat
scentedrat

I, who am the queen of turning perfume into cat pee, can smell none in the bright citrus of Ninfeo Mio, and that is amazing! It is very rare for me to find a wearable citrus, so finding one I actually love is almost unheard of, but love it I do! The lemony opening is strong but not sharp or sour, and it stays delicious without becoming candied as the spicy sweetness develops. Then the fig leaf enters, and the citrus moves to the background a bit. Oddly, I am reminded of Shalimar at this point (I dropped a tester bottle in a store recently, and Shalimar soaked into my jeans and boots, and and then into my car, so it's fresh in my mind, lol). It is much more muted, but a similar soft, warm, sweetness, maybe sort of like Shalimar's niece's half sister's baby. But the tanginess and bit of green are there as well.

Fortunately, I get no skank or dirt, and very little earthiness at all. It is also way different from Premier Figuer on me, with the fig toned down and blended in more. I can definitely see this as a sunny day out among in a meadow surrounded by woods, but I can also see it working in cooler weather with its sweet warmth. Not a typical summer scent, for sure.

However, just as this beautiful joining and blending of notes happens, and it settles into my skin, it starts to fade. Within an hour it is just a trace. If it had made it to two hours, I would have already ordered a bottle. I can only hope to find a similar beauty out there that will last.....

psebi101
psebi101

Opens zesty with spot on natural smelling citruses that are mouthwatering. Soon, the fig makes its presence adding a milky coconut smell, but the fragrance feels very green and fresh overall. Later, in the dry down, the fig/coconut smell is backed up by woody notes that are replacing the tart citrus.
Ninfeo Mio paints a picture for me, one of a green tropical forest in the morning.

Projection: 6/10

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Fresh perfume, green and kind. This is beautiful,giving me gives me serenity of caress. The opening is very sparkling with lemon and citron..I like how it evolves in the middle notes,when the fig leaf harmonizes with the top notes. Pure and lovely. Overall it is a nice, delicate scent but well .. This is certainly suitable for hot days! The sillage is moderate, but the good longevity.(6-7 hours)..I like.

Sillage: 6.5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Scent: 8.5/10

Overall: 8.5/10

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

I smell a citrusy smell which I assume is the citron, because it doesn't smell like any other citrus I know. Then there are green leaves and sap, and creamy fig. This is very nice if you like green scents.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

This is one very well-done unique scent, and definitely in the middle of the unisex scale. It has moments of being crisp and green yet at times warm and mellow, now that's genius! Never cloying and sweet like some fig scents. It performs more like a perfume than a toilette, so spray accordingly.
Most of you applaud it's merits as a summer scent, and I can certainly imagine wearing this on a hot summer day. However, I wore this for the first time on a very cool day and it reminded me of Christmas. More specifically me as a young mom trudging up the hill behind our cabin with two little kids to cut down our tree. Piney sap that clung to your clothes all day; the slight musky smell of a little woodland creature that made the lower branches it's home for a while; primordial forest mulch and clean mountain air. Well done Annick Goutal!

nada
nada

Fig and citrus fragrances have been quite widely copied in recent years. I find this one outstanding. A perfect combination of leaf and fruit/wood with hints of citrus.

I love it because it is both refreshing and warming at the same time or depending on what you need. Good longevity and silage. As many previous reviews note, it is very natural scent.

Name is very evocative of moist shadows of Nimfa gardens in blazing Italian summer evening... Who could resist?

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Very Mediterranean with a strong combination of galbanum and fig, which tones down the sweetness of the fig and gives it a dryer, woodier vibe. It's stronger than I expected, a proper scent rather than a cologne, with excellent longevity - lasts all day. Goutal has a knack with her citrus scents, like Eau du Sud, for making them last til evening. Ninfeo Mio is a herby fig scent, not as sweet as Fico di Amalfi and not as green & sharp as Premier Figuier. The lemon is definitely zesty, giving a slight sour tang (that dry sweat note of lemon zest) which I enjoy but might be challenging for some; This is my favourite of the three fig scents mentioned, due to its authentic Mediterranean feel. Very enjoyable particularly today, a sunny day in Autumn :)

Tiesasaltas
Tiesasaltas

Interprétation la plus sensible et mystérieuse de la figue, une promesse de fin d'été pour l'éternité..

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

NINFEO MIO is delicate, feminine and surprisingly, a touch skanky...

The initial spray is a "sigh" with an "eyes rolling back into my head" moment. It is a fresh, green, lightly-rosy, citrus scent that patiently courts and eventually marries a milky fig and sappy pine. Just wonderful for hot summer days because it is so cool, light and crisp. And, this EDT lasts more than 10 hours on my skin.

Even though this is a harmoniously married scent, with my chemistry, there is a slight spicy, animalic, skanky vibe. At first I questioned whether I should wear this around civilized company...but then, I changed my mind and decided to let the skank hang out.

I definately recommend NINFEO MIO.. she has a dirty secret.... ;)

Vexel
Vexel

Ninfeo Mio is another rare citric scent that works on my skin. It opens with an extremely refreshing green lemon accord and gradually transitions into a coconutty fig type scent. There are a lot of fig scents out there but the way that the green citric tones remain a subtle player through the life of the scent makes it a real winner. To my nose it has a tropical thing going on which makes it a pleasure to wear on warm and cool days alike.

It lasts a full work day's wear on me which is the icing on the cake of this wonderful offering from Annick Goutal. Highly recommended.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

It is a solid fragrance. Smells natural and fresh. It starts with sharp citrus scent and end up with fig leaf. I understand people who detect cat pee vibe on it. It is the combination of petitgrain and fig leaf. It's performance is like other citrus fragrance, nothing special about it. I strongly recommend it to check if you want to buy a summer fragrance. And you should try it. Personally I do not have any problem with the cat pee type of smell, but you may not like it. Give it a try .....
-----------
Edit:

I'm fallen in love with this fragrance. It is all about nature. There is the most natural acidic citrus scent, the essence of fig leaves, and something else in beneath......Something that gives is some depth, and sweeten it in the dry down.
It is not a scent for romance, nor for work. It is the scent to come back to nature. Although it doesn't have anything skunky, it doesn't feel clean (which is not bad). This fragrance is as odd as seeing a Sicily fig garden nearby a train station in 21 century. Sun shines on the fig leaves and the lemon tree (which you are sitting beneath of it), and you are watching the train passing on the other side of the garden.

LilyTree
LilyTree

Adoro questa fragranza, è uno dei profumi più evocativi che io conosca.
Rinfrancante come una passeggiata in una foresta incontaminata, come una ventata che attraversa le chiome degli alberi e si porta dietro la loro freschezza... E' ciò che cerco quando mi manca il contatto con la natura.
E' un profumo verde e armonioso, dove la foglia di fico spicca con il suo sentore inconfondibile che miscela note a tratti balsamiche e lievemente amare, che si adagiano su un fondo lattiginoso, dopo 10 minuti fanno la loro comparsa le note legnose, il galbano e i fiori d'arancio. La persistenza su di me si aggira intorno alle 4 ore e il sillage è discreto, vicino alla pelle, nonostante avrei apprezzato una durata maggiore, la piacevolezza di questa creazione è tale da farmelo includere tra le mie fragranze preferite per la primavera e l'estate

13.th
13.th

one more evocative scent from AG.
you can close your eyes and dream one of our italian gardens.
the male citron come here just for bites your veins, givin'up the scene to the lemon and the fig.
they enveloping theirselves in a lovely dance, squeezing the milky heart of each one.
close to evening, and then for ever until the last notes, the fig is there with lentisque....talking murmured words, as they and only they mutually can do.

kera_5j
kera_5j

Beautiful and sparkling blast of fig and citrus.
Even though I'm more of a gourmand oriental lover I keep smelling my wrist when I wear this beauty.
It's a vibrant, lusciously fresh scent!

empathyboy
empathyboy

On the hottest of balmy summer days I once went for a walk with my brother around some exotic public gardens. When we stopped to rest, without his noticing, I pulled out my tiny 25ml bottle of Ninfeo Mio and sprayed it on my wrist. My brother lifted his head and closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. "Wow", he exclaimed slowly opening dreamy eyes, "What is that beautiful plant I can smell?" When I told him it was my perfume, he was amazed because to him the smell was so natural, 'like lemongrass and broken leaves'.

I do love Ninfeo Mio. I also own and love Un Jardin en Mediterranee, another fig based fragrance, but whereas Un Jardin en Mediterranee fills me with smiles and sociability, Ninfeo Mio tends to make me a little pensive. This is not a bad thing. It is a truly beautiful scent and very natural; more natural I would say than Un Jardin en Mediterranee.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I was hesitant to purchase this at first because fig tends to be overly sweet on me, but after reading reviews I really wanted to try it. So, when I found a small bottle for an excellent price ($13.00) I decided it was meant to be. I love it! It's very sweet at first, but within seconds I get the citrusy notes, and the galbanum and lavender balance the sweet milky fig perfectly. It gets warmer with woody notes as it dries down, but still stays green and not too sweet - have a feeling this one will be a favorite!

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

dedicated for fig or fig leaves lovers , it can satisfy your passion , really well done composition which make the fig scent shining without fading it , it really needed citrusy scents and that what made it pleasant fresh and casual , very much suggested to try .
by the way comparing prices of this brand with other niche brands i found Annick Goutal perfumes are more affordable with really a great unique quality . it is not a promo it is just way to say sometimes niche perfumes are unfair .

magda14012
magda14012

It is absolutely adorable scent.
Starts off refreshing and green with a few drops of lemon juice. Later it gets drier and warmer. Milky figs, leaves, branches. It's really pretty, positive scent. Sweet but not sugar sweet or cloying. Comfortable with medium sillage and very long lasting- approx 9 hours, on clothes stays for days.
Even though I purchased it in winter when the temperature drops to around 0C it still amazes me. I believe I will be able to enjoy it even more during the summer when Ninfeo will spread her wings.

diane9247
diane9247

Divine! Finally treated myself to a bottle at BeautyEncounter.com. I still can't stop sniffing my wrist all day. Softly green at first, with noticeable citron, then calms to the most luscious fig leaf, resins and a dry sandalwood. For me, longevity is moderate, sillage probably low-moderate. I don't think this is a scent that will fill a room, but that's a good thing.

At the end of its strength on my wrist, there is a faint note of Crayola crayons - paper cover and all - along with the soft wood and fig leaf. I find that amusing and charming! Three years ago, long before I'd heard of the scent Ninfeo Mio, I visited the Giardino de Ninfa near Rome. How fabulous to discover this and be transported back to that woody, earthy green landscape in a most gorgeous country.

andabri
andabri

I wanted to love this. So much. Fig is one of my all time favorite notes. Fico di Amalfi, which is Fig and Lemon, is one of my all time favorite fragrances. So I assumed I would like Ninfeo Mio. I tried it over and over because I was stubborn and wanted to like it.

It smells of bitter lemon, not sweet. Then mix in lavender and resin and fig leaves. Which is herbaceous and fresh and woody with a hint of dry earthy dust (not musty dust, but like sun-baked hot earth dust), but not my taste.

But then comes in the dreaded cumin/unwashed body odor note. I combed through the previous reviews on this page and in a number of other reviews people mention it as well, described as "sweat" or "cat pee" or plain old "body odor". So it's definitely there, but whether it will show up on your skin or if you will be able to detect it seems, of course, dependent on chemistry.

malika1979
malika1979

I am so excited about this fragrance, I got a sample of it only, but it is a beautiful green fragrance, sure a big hit! It smells nice on my skin, I detect fig leaves and a very herby base.

kelly76
kelly76

Marvelous. Never thought I'd fall in love with a green scent as "Ninfeo Mio".
I was attracted by the poetic name and intrigued by the reviews, I tried it and I bought it right away. I do not own anything like it.
Do not be fooled by the burst of lemon and citrus that opens the dance, it disappears in 5 minutes. Ninfeo MIo is not a citrus fragrance.
He soon makes its way green wave, freshly cut grass wet with dew, the resin of the plants, the leaves and wood of trees that reign for centuries in this mythological garden.
And then the fig tree, a green sweet fruit with its milky and vanilla aroma that's wraps everything in a warm white cashmere blanket.
Perfect for the summer but I'll use it for sure, even during the cold season to evoke the awakening of nature.
Creation excellent, it's an EDT but longevity is good.

beatrix75

My husband's favorite scent. He loves the freshness of lemon and figs, lemon scents .elegans fine preparation

patxaran
patxaran

I haven't been to the Ninfeo gardens in Italy but I can say that for me this fragrance evokes a 3D memory of climbing up steep alleyways on the Greek islands where you find a fig tree literally around every corner as well as plenty of aromatic herbs and lemon trees. The citrus isn't very sour it is more of a slight cooling bitterness underlined by the wooden notes. I love how this feels on my skin on a warm sticky day although I am slightly wary if the fig leaves / bitter citrus combo might come across as something else. I am wearing Ninfeo Mio today as I write this and today I have not had any unpleasant "aftersniff". However on another occasion I had this split second of thinking that the fig tree spot is also a place where the feral cats leave their scent markings.... Not to say this smells pissy or anything but it has a serious/bitter/almost sweaty undertone that comes and goes. It is not a sweet scent in my opinion - I would say it is woody, leafy, salty but not aquatic or green as in grass. A must try if you are drooling over your holiday pics and need a quick teleporting to Greece or a similar place. Magic.

dsty
dsty

I love this! Anyone who looks at my perfume wardrobe can see I've been going a bit cRaZY with ordering samples recently, and this is the first one I've actually used up, which probably says enough.
To me the smell evokes a hot day in a coniferous forest, which somehow also includes fig and lemon trees (exactly as intended, I guess, the name suggests a Mediterranean garden after all). It's distinctly warm because of the dominant woody/resinous notes, but not stuffy at all because they're beautifully balanced out by the fresher, brighter notes. So it is very summery, but not in the sense that it's light or insubstantial or very fresh: it actually reminds me of summer. Which I think will make it a great choice in all other seasons as well; I hope so, because I think I will order a full bottle soon and I plan on wearing it very often for the foreseeable future...
I can also add that this is the longest lasting of all the Annick Goutal samples I've tried so far; it lasts most of the day on my wrists.

CeciliaWilson
CeciliaWilson

IMO, the perfect scent for a warm, sticky day. The opening bitterness, the fresh, green feeling of a handful of thick leafs torn apart is just what I need to combat those lazy, hot summer days. Then it settles on my skin to this wonderful, lemony, sweet but still wide awake scent. It is like having a shady, dewy and blossoming garden to take refuge in during the hottest of days.

strawberryswitchblade
strawberryswitchblade

Intense lush vegetation after a quick summer rain. Warm mist raising up from the underbrush. Sparkling raindrops on fresh green leaves. Warm and fresh in perfect harmony

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

This is milky, sparkly citrus-freshness and so perfect for summer! It is a bit tart as well, which is created by the fig leaves. Carefree, happy and refreshing with the creamy green undertone.

I think it lasts quite long for an EdT, actually I cannot understand people complaining about the longevity... This is a high quality perfume.

Just like Nuit Etoilée this is a true-to-nature smell which is unique and makes Annick Goutal so special for me.

daynierds
daynierds

Highly natural citrus notes since the first sniff..the most natural ones I have ever smelled...you really need to like citrus to buy this one...it literally smells like boiling several leaves of limes in little water...., it is actually like highly concentrated lemon leaves and peels infusion with a bit of brown sugar ..it brings to my mind all those home remedies my parents prepared when I was sick...but in a good way...all this magic takes place in the top...after 40-60 minutes or more you can already feel the citrus slightly fade and the composition tends to be woodier....not for everybody but certainly a high quality one!...projection is moderate to good for the first 3-4 hours...longevity I could clearly smell in on my skin 8-11 hours after

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

I am having such an intense love relationship with Ninfeo Mio these days. It hasn't happened to me in a while to find such a perfect scent and fall in love immediately. And I sniff a lot! The opening is to die for, delicate balance between zesty and bitter fresh (fresh as in pure joy) and then the fig comes in, milky but without that horrible coconut note that is sometimes too cloying in other fig perfumes.
Bordering on perfection.

chorando
chorando

Joy in a bottle. A bright sparkling citrus sigues into a woody fig which develops into a warm nuttiness. This is a hot summer morning on a greek island where the coastal pines release their sap into the air and rise through lemon groves and fig trees heaving with ripe sweet fruit. Friendlier than Philosykos and probably a little more beautiful. I love both but this was a revelation. It made me smile.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

The notes are so wonderful that I had to try this one twice. Lemons and figs dance in romantic contrast. Eventually releasing a milkiness as it proceeds towards the shutdown. But alas! That milky fig turns to a rich oily coconut on me, and the treasured sharpness and character of the introduction has evaporated.

spidola
spidola

When the almond trees bloom and the earth is covered with carpet of daisies - is the time of Ninfeo Mio. Maybe this is the time when forest nymphs wake up – they begin to dance in the meadows and play on mountain streams and you can see the rainbows around of them on the water droplets they squirt… It’s the fragrance that captures all the energy, freshness and positivity of spring.
NINFEO MIO IS WONDERFUL!
For me it is the fragrance of rebirth and optimism. It has the same ability that the first sunny days that erase the weight of gray rain clouds and the darkness of winter days. For me, when I wear it for the first times in the spring, it is the sign that winter is over.
I have the whole bottle and I want to have one for every year that arrive.
It gives me so many emotions that I nearly forget to write about notes ... This fragrance has a wonderful evolution - the citrusy and galbanum-green opening turns into soft, milky, nutty fig scent. The best fig I know! Yes, I prefer it to absolutely natural Philosykos and Fico di Amalfi.

Exceptional longevity - 10 hours.

happyscent
happyscent

This is lovely fragrance. A delicious orange-lemon like opening. A fragrance of the spring air. After a few minutes, the leafy and creamy figs opens with woody accords and indistinct floral.

The fragrance envelopes and transport you to a wonderful fig garden, close to nature, with cool crisp lemony-organgey air.

Such wonderful compositions from the house of Annick Goutal.

majagk
majagk

bought it without trying, just relying on good reviews found here.
mmmmmmm... addicted already.
masterpiece.
i am citrus-green- fresh-clean type of perfume person. but ninfeo is completely other category.
does not stay too long on me, but that the reason for re-applying more often.
cant wait that next trip to rome and gardens!!!!

drakecito
drakecito

To me, this is the best fig scent in the market.
Too green and incredible well blended with citrus and wood (very light wood).
The fig note is not too strong and this is the reason that I love it (I don't like so much fig scents).

This is more dense than Hadrien and company... For this, longevity and sillage are very good.

scent: 9/10
longevity: 9/10
sillage: 7/10

ian85

Ninfeo mio is exactly the same in both bootles. I think there is only one composition. Maybe you bought a bad one... In my opinion, it remains a masterpiece!

Guest_lizzie81
Guest_lizzie81

This one is very citrus! On first application I am overwhelmed with what smells to me like Lemon blossom the almost pithy scent of the petitgrain.

As this starts to blend into the skin I am getting a softer aroma of fig leaf and woody notes, this is my favourite part as the citrus heavy (in particular lemon) opening is too much citrus for me. Unfortunately I can't help but associate it with kitchen cleaner which is a shame.

Another downer for me is that the whole experience is over within about 2 hours! There is just no longevity on my skin :( I will say that the ingredients smell natural, no alcohol opening to burn the nostrils here! It is blended well and the base is melting into my skin, also definite progression with the perfume as the base is quite different from the opening.

I am wondering if this is not the best type of scent for my chemistry, as I do not seem to be getting the lovely notes that some others are getting. It goes straight from top to figgy dry down with perhaps a whiff of something sweet within half an hour, where it remains a mere whisper of a scent with only the promise of something delightful. Oh boo hoo lot's of perfumes seem to do this on my skin :(

All in all though not hugely impressed, A) because of lemony opening which does not appeal to my tastes and reminds me of cleaner and b) the whole thing disappears very quickly. The highlight here is the drydown even though it sits very close to the skin and is short lived. If I could amp up that part I think I might be in love. All in all, not really worth the price tag for me given its problems. xxx

CLevol
CLevol

The Gardens of Nimfa, pure, rough and heavenly.

This fragrance is so beautiful and pure.
You smell grass, flowers, a sprig of sweet grapes.
Carefree, summery but not superficial. Virgin and pure. Chic and mysterious.

salvelinus
salvelinus

It's good...except for the cat pee vibe

username101
username101

Fig, green leaves, rainwater and a hint of citrus.

Kione
Kione

Green, green green, grassy, grassy, fig leaf overpowering everything!!! It is fresh and sophisticated... but to me its to expensive for its sillage and longevity.
It is beautifully done, but the poor longevity put me off buying this, if it was cheaper I might have done tho...

jkdienes
jkdienes

I'm intrigued that no reviews mention the very real, but beautifully aromatically done, lavender in this scent. To my nose it is a citrus and lavender with very subtle fig leaf scent. I'm not a lavender fan, but in this it is downright addictive. AND it lasts all day - no kidding. By 5pm I still can smell a very soft lavender/citrus combo. Probably one of the most lovely, soothing scents I've experienced. For fruity fig lovers, this will not do it for you. Do try it, and be transported to the Ninfeo Gardens.

Fig is a strange one... two fig scents that I really enjoy spring to mind.
ADP Fico and the Diptyque Philosykos...this is unlike either of them!
It's starts out with a classy citrus blast, by that I mean expensive smelling not like a lemon cleaning product or a 'smelled it all before' designer fragrance.
Citron and I get some orange too it's really nice!
Then comes one of the greenest of green smells I've experienced, reminiscent of L'Ombre Dans L'Eau by Diptyque. You also get the wonderful freshness of fig but it's very vague in the mix, also there's a slighly spiced, peppery vibe.
If this just dried down with subtle wood and faded quietly... I'd have been a happy man, having discovered a brilliant summertime fresh fragrance that I would definitely wear I may have otherwise over looked.

Then the magic happens in the drydown!!
My favourite part about this fragrance is that even while the citrus and green notes are settling that subtle spice is building to a crescendo of resinous glory!
The galbanum is a huge player in the fragrance for me and I've come across mastic before but while I'm not familiar with it's specific qualities it obviously brings something special to the party and the combination smells a bit like myrrh...then changes as it matures further.

So given this fantastic combination and journey through different olfactory stages I have to say that this is a magnificent juice from Annick Goutal and a combination of citrus/greens/spice/resins I'd like to see more often.
Perfectly unisex too, something about the whole composition seems to be balanced and the drydown to me is masculine but would be totally at home on female skin by the same rule.
Excellent stuff this!!!

Alex1984
Alex1984

Oh Ninfeo Mio! Annick Goutal, or better yet, Camile and Isabelle have managed to capture the essence of a spring garden, getting the first rays of sun! I never knew I liked fig fragrances, let alone love them, but this green sparkling little gem has me smitten. It captures the essence of a fig tree near a water spring in a garden that is most probably hidden from the crowd, secret if you will. A very sparkling cypress opening, dominated with lemon, leads the way under the shade of the tree, where juicy figs are slightly past their prime. But oh how succulent they are. And this hungry and tired traveller can't help but succumb to their smell, juiciness, feel. Ninfeo Mio never fails to transport me to a carefree place every time I spray it. Ever so simple and complex at the same time, with an above average sillage and longevity, this sometimes hidden gem is in my opinion one of the finest examples of Goutal's exquisite know how. It is not the best fig soliflore around, but for me it gets a 10 in transporting me to a hideaway where I can simply unwind and forget. And that time travel in today's hectic lifestyle is a highly treasured commodity. If you like fig, or even if you don't, green leaves and lemon, touched by creamy sandalwood, give Ninfeo a try, it might enchant you like it did with me!

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

This is highly agreeable. (If anyone's interested; they are selling this off at TK Maxx in UK) and I found a tester.

It is accurate as a fig leaf fragrance as one can actually smell the fuzzy leaf surface. It lasts well too. 4 hours in and still there. There is a wierd stage of dry down that is a bit soapy and less fig-fuzzy- but still ok.

It reminds me of a very old memory that I just can't remember. Damn! What is it?

Keep sniffing and it will come back!........ "eventualmente"

Nessy
Nessy

My first niche perfume, it was a blind buy(because it's much cheaper online).
When I first sprayed on my wrist, I prayed like that: "Please don't be catpee, please don't be catpee!" And it's not. I like the top notes a lot. Galbanum is gorgeous in here! And wait a minute! Here comes the lemon! A big, sweet, juicy one! And we are finally in the middle tones: petitgrain, lavender, and the main attraction, the bittersweet fig leaf with milky, almost coconut undertones. Very natural. Shamefully I don't detect the base, the scent is just disappear.
It's a radiant green fragrance, but the longevity is weak on skin(on hair it's so much better).

drouhin
drouhin

In the Figgy Sweepstakes, Ninfeo Mio is a hands-down winner over Jardin en Mediterranee -- sorry Jean-Claude, still love you.

The briefest hint of honeysuckle (unlisted) gives way to a lemon-drop which then becomes sparkling lemonade. The fig is muted, like it's a fresh one that's been sliced and is on a plate an arm's length away. Otherwise, it's all cool greenery and a little wood, a shady, refreshing nook in a garden away from the heat. Totally unisex; I'd love this on a man, too.

I'm only sorry I discovered my new summer scent in September, when I'll have to wait another nine months to best enjoy it.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

As a huge fan of figs and anything green - I am delighted. For an EDT with dominant citrus this Annick Goutal lasts a really long time, it's got a great projection, too. That's quite impressive, as most citrus scents don't last.
I love it! It smells extremely natural. It's not the coconutty fig offering that you can find in Philosykos.

On the first spray you get an explosion of citrus, citrus so concentrated, it's almost mindblowing how much of it you can pack into a tiny bottle!

Then the wonderful, green notes come in, fig, leaves and this grassy-like quality, as if a warm summer wind was bringing this meadow, fig scent to you in waves.
Then everything gets warm. Warmed up by woods, the hot summer air scent is still bringing you green, juicy figs, but the citrus is now sweeter as if lemon peels had been covered in sugar and left in the sun on a hot tree bark.
I want to stay in this land of citrus, figs and endless summers!

perledejasmin
perledejasmin

At first, you get a citrusy and refreshing scent of lemon but its sweeter facets not bitter at all. Then I get a very strong scent of green notes or also grass that has just been cut that will be the lentisque. Then, I get the more fruity side of this fragrance: the fig! Wonderful journey

ditush
ditush

I have tried Petite Cherie, Quel Amour!, Songes and Eau de Charlotte and many more and this is the first Annick Goutal scent that I at least like. I think I am not an Annick Goutal type of gal. :/
Ninfeo Mio smells exactly like Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi. The fig and lemon combo is very refreshing and great for summer. The sillage and longetivity are moderate and it is quite a linear fragrance. There is nothing more to say, really. It smells like fig and lemon. End of story. If you love the notes you will love this.

Talia
Talia

I knew the fig leafs-lemon combination from Eau de Dior Coloressence and I am always happy to meet it again. Here no sweet notes, but it is ok, because there is something like a little milk added in the tea. It makes me happy in a hot weather.
For me it is a smell of a new beginning!

yesyesyes
yesyesyes

I really wanted to love this and do like the milky fig and green herbal notes, unfortunately as it dries down i get more of the citrus and to me the combination is pure eucalyptus.
: ( i am going to persist!

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Great opening - very green especially beautiful note of nettle (urtica dioica) with citruses and fig. Drydown is not that great - very milky, creamy notes dominate the whole composition. I cannot wear it, too tiring.

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

If you want green and like the idea of fresh lemony green roots, leaves and the feel of sun warmed earth under the fig trees I'd say try Ninfeo Mio.

It is really like sitting in the ninfea garden.
Not for everyone made but it turns and grows on me the longer it stays on my skin. The fig leaves dominate after the first hour of not to citric Lemons in the start. Magical Stuff! In the end it is a very light woody scent in the drydown.

It has to grow on me this special Eau de Toilette (50€ /half price in Germany for 100ml). Will update my impressions soon.

Rating so far: 8/10

esteban747
esteban747

First I smell neroli, but I don't see it as one of the ingredients, so it must be the petitgrain and bitter orange.
Then I start to smell the fig leaf and the citron.

It smells citrus and green, almost in equal parts. It's a 'raw' type of scent, as if you grab a leaf and smell the sap and oils. after an hour or so it becomes slightly sweet or mellow to put in in another word.
If you like green and citrus fragrances you'll be thrilled to try Ninfeo Mio.

But then (and this is just my personal thing) memories... Why do I get constant images of cats when I smell this? Mmmmm...finally after searching for an answer in my mind, I found the reason. It smells like a house that I used to live long time ago. And it brings memories that are not that happy. So, it's strange, but (and probably people may relate) because of that memory/association I have to let this one go.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I feel citrus and warm fig .I think it smell very well on women skin. ,,and light and elegant.

niuchpol
niuchpol

It's all because here in Warsaw in stationary perfumery shops we have not much of a choice regarding no-ordinary smells. All those Calvin C. Ester L. and Boss-ess are so correct, so boring and so everywhere! So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

With Ninfeo Mio was the second time in my life that I bought a perfume on-line, without smelling it on my skin before. First time was with Kenzo Flower Oriental (good choice as well). It was like a lightning strike! After reading reviews, digging deeper into Hesperides garden mythology and the person behind it - Isabelle Doyen herself, immediately I knew that I MUST have them. And I did not mistaken.

Crazy lemon starting, even harsh a little bit... then cames this smoothness, a bit of milky sweetness, seems like flying just a few centimeters above earth...when the fig is fully developed we can prepere for landing. Still it's soft, this woody notes are like a dust and damp at the same time. I would say it is rather moss and wet sticks in early autumn leafy forest. Not so sweet anymore, let's say even sour a bit. Then it gently fades away. In the morning you will not remember a thing.

Next scent from A.G - Mandragora - I came for you!

thatsperf
thatsperf

I know that this is going to sound really strange but when I sprayed it onto paper and onto my skin it smelled strongly of turmeric powder that you can buy in Asian shops! An unusual fragrance.

I had heard that Annick Goutal NINFEO MIO was this house's entry in the fig category, but I was not expecting so much complexity. This perfume opens with a lot of citrus and green, which I find quite refreshing. In some ways, the composition seems like a combination of both a green citrus cologne and a more standard greenish woody fig perfume drydown.

The fig is never overbearing, and there is so much more going on here that I'd recommend this creation to anyone who has become bored with some of the standard fig offerings. NINFEO MIO offers a unique and very pleasing collection of notes and smells splendid from opening spritz until the final trailing wafts of the smooth and clean woody fig tree drydown. This fully unisex creation is not a creamy perfume and lies closer to the green fig of Miller Harris than the coconut fig of L'Artisan Parfumeur.

I like it, I do!

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

I've tested it today - on my nose the start was very sharp and bitter fig leaf.After that it was all about lemons, a lot of green lemons.The drydown surprised me nicely - very resinous, but in the good way, i thought it was incens, but was the mastics and the galbanum instead.

hippopotamus
hippopotamus

Wonderful! This is not just a perfume, it is an experience. Fresh, milky juice from the stalks of vegetation, forest lake, the shade of tall trees, blended with the best citrus cologne. A masterpiece that I love to smell.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

I adore the unisex HERMES UN JARDIN DE MEDITERRANNE, especially the notes of red cedar (that don't stay on the skin as long as I'd like), so I was really looking forward to this scent, as a hopeful alternative with better longevity. To my nose, ANNICK GOUTAL'S NINFEO MIO is far too masculine, and yet, the dry down is far sweeter, not nearly as green as HUJDM. My husband was not a fan. This isn't a sexy female nor pretty girly scent, nor clean... too sweet for a male, too much fig for a woman.

Mind you I love unisex scents for women, in particular, I'm enjoying Creed's Virgin Island Water (coconut, tropical) and Atelier Vanille Insensee (very different from one another).

ranchorita
ranchorita

Ninfeo Mio is the most elegant coupling of fig with citrus that I could have imagined. I typically am not drawn to green fragrances, but this one is superb, very light, and I could see this working well for summer wear on even the warmest of days.

This scent is light and sillage for me is arm's length, with rather low longevity on me - 2 to 3 hours.

I generally steer to heavier Oriental spicy and floral fragrances, but this one is a marvelous change of pace and one which would be welcome in my wardrobe. I'd call this an aromatic, rather than woody aromatic because while I was aware of a subtle presence of wood, the fig was most prominent throughout, with a very mellow citrus acting as foil. A brilliant balance has been struck here by the perfumer. I highly recommend this fragrance.

florafauna
florafauna

with all the notes listed, i only smelled one thing--WOOD! too much wood! not impressed! can't stand the smell that i had to wash it off. good thing i only bought the sample not the whole bottle.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

How wonderful!
Ninfeo Mio is fresh, green, extremely refreshing, an originality that can only Annick with its citrus aromas can do.
It's really a legitimate aroma of mixed lemon with fig leaves have a bitter touch, half green and leaf, but well invigorating, I believe that appear gálbanum with his nuances together, and it lasts for a long time on my skin, and then enters a light woody touch the drying, tailor-made for the summer!

Rating: 8,5/10

Vonya
Vonya

I was not very excited to test this perfume, because I actually don´t like the smell of figs.
But one day - as a real fan of the house Goutal - I took the change to discover Ninfeo Mio, while I was standing in a little parfumery.

My first impression was: Yes, it is fig!
But to my suprise it was a very pleasing fig, embedded in some interessing and sour citus notes in the top. Suddenly I had to think of a beautiful lemon grove, sunshine and a warm breeze on my skin.
Later, on my way back home, the fragrance was getting smoother and I sniffed the warm and a bit milky wodden notes.(Like taking a rest in the shadow of a pistachio tree.) I found NM quiet nice as a single experience, but not breathtaking enough to buy a bottle.

A few mounths later I fortuitous got a sample of Ninfeo mio (EdT) as a gift. I used one or two little drops of the sample on a relaxed evening at home. Ah, here comes the grove again! What a great juice to stimulate an uplifting daydream. Immediatley the wanderlust grabs me and NM sends me on a comforting short trip somewhere in the south.

To make a long story short, I felt more and more in love with this creation. When the sample was empty, this fig has already captured me and my nose and I was "forced" to buy a bottle. This fragrance simply makes me feel happy, it conjures a smile on my face every time I use it.

By the way, a voyage with the EdT lasts round about 5 hours on my skin.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This perfume is amazing! It really is. I bought it after a long and protracted day of sniffing perfumes at Harvey Nicks, I'd tried on about 6 perfumes on different parts of my arm and spent the rest of the evening sniffing them. Something kept tantalising my nose and each time I sniffed the Ninfeo Mio patch it was subtly different each time but lovely.

I went back and bought a bottle of course and I've been building an interesting relationship with it ever since!

The first sniff is very, very citrusy but not just sharp - it's also boiled sweet lemony, you get a lot of herbs at first too. Then it becomes more woody and that's when this perfume begins to lift you into something beyond the usual perfume experience. I've read that Goutal wanted to reflect emotions and experiences and for me this is the experience of childhood - rummaging around in the bushes and trees with the sun warmed smell of twigs and leaves, my Mum's tomato plants, and more specifically the smell of raspberry bush leaves - green, earthy and warm with a touch of animal! Someone else has commented on that element, can't remember where, but it's true, there's a cumin-like sweaty note that makes this perfume strangely sexy, but not in a standard feminine way. It's very very close to natural smells of woodlands on a summer day but only if you're rolling around on the ground
If you want unusual and you're not into flowery feminine classics, I think this might appeal very much

Killercolours
Killercolours

Bitter lemon zest, greens suitable for a vegetable broth. My mothers herb garden. Dries down to a softer, sweeter fig which still has that herbal feel. It's exactly like walking by a row of herbs while letting your fingers dance over the leaves and then smelling your hands.

Very transparent but still full bodied. A lovely one for refreshing your mind in the summer heat!

xabaras
xabaras

Very fresh and crispy notes envelop you in the opening. It soon develops into an aquatic freshness, it makes me think of a field of grass with trees and flowers everywhere on the side of a lake or a river. Very green and very pleasant. Half an hour into its notes it gets almost sour with a hint of licorice, but it doesn't last long, it soon gives way to a chocolate note mixed with some sweet grassy innuendo. What a work of art! It's like an opera work. Definitely different!

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

This has a lot in common with one of my favorites, Spirit of Wood by six scents. I have read some reviews that find this clean and fresh and I am puzzled as I find it to be anything but. No comparison to Jardin Mediterranee or premier Figuer that feel airy next to this. To me it is definitely a realistic green, quite far from fresh, aromatic or aquatic. It is the scent of both living and decomposing vegetation (what I can smell too often when I water my fig tree under a blazing summer sun). The fig leaf is supplemented by minty, coffee and candied citrus aspects. I get a very stale-sweaty note that comes from the drydown of galbanum and possibly fenugreek. This note makes it quite difficult to wear I am afraid and the dirty vetiver doesn't help either. There are moments that I get the impression of carrots (cooking). The urinus note that some mention is quite distinct and kind of feminine (if that makes any sense to you).

In all I find this to be more masculine than feminine. It has a rustic quality that will be very polarizing and it has good projection and excellent tenacity. It feels like an attempt to recreate Philosykos using only naturals (of course it's not). Philosykos is smoother, calmer and much more polished and is still my go to fig frag but this is not half bad. It is weird though and it does evolve quite a lot so thorough testing before buying is advisable.

fpih
fpih

A bitter, citrusy opening that reminds me of my beloved Eau du Sud. I tried it in 32 Celcius degrees and it was an instant breeze of freshness and cool air that made me feel immediately better. After an hour or so, the fig came out and made this more green and woody than citrusy. 6 hours later the fig note is the only one I can still detect loud and clear; no citrus is left. Having tried to like other fig scents like Philosykos & Fig Premier by L'Artisan, this is the only one I'd love to wear as the others seem somewhat cloying after a couple of hours, like the fig milk is sticking on my skin. If you like scents without a single ounce of sweetness, this one's perfect for the warmer months.

girmu*
girmu*

Totally agree with Rob Frost. Green, fresh, grassy, natural and citrusy. Summer afternoon somewhere in the grasslands.

The most amazing thing is I get a tiny hint of coffee bean after ~5 hours of wearing this. Out of nowhere. I think it's my chemistry and the BodyShop Ximenia & Marula Oil shower cream. Though the scent of it usually dissapears within 15 minutes after taking a shower, probably something stays on unnoticed and works with a woodsy base notes..

As I got offtopic a bit - i love Ninfeo Mio.

delilahcat
delilahcat

I used to wear this fragrance regularly and it was delightful, another fabulous AG perfume. Its fresh and very lemony and citrusy which i did not expect, because of the lavender i expected more of a Caron Pour une Homme type thing but this is completely different. i have to say i can hardly smell the lavender in this because the citrus is to strong, in the end i started finding the sharp lemon too full on and the fig to foody to i stopped using it. This perfume does smell alot like Hermes Jardin en Mediterranee, however,this i discovered when my sister accused me of using some of her bottle of Jardin when i was actually wearing Ninfeo Mio, it took some time to persuade her i hadnt, they smelled that similar!

RachelGrigg

I'm trying it again tonight, but I can't get past the sweaty armpit note. There's a tantalising green fig and luscious just cut open juicy ripe fig note in there, but they all seem to be trapped under someone's hairy sweaty armpit..bugger. I'll probably flog the rest of my bottle on eBay. I so wanted to love this as I like(ish) adp Fico d'amalfi and kind of loved Philosokos, but truly love Ex Libris by Tokyo Milk. Sigh.....I'm beginning to thing fig is perhaps not my thing.......

beatrix75

absolutly wonderful fragrance fresh strong lemon in the begining then fig and levender to the end ,exactly what i adore !!this parfume its extrem in a good way its sooo much heavenly good happy to i have litlebit expensive but....

edooardo
edooardo

The openning is a harsh citrus.
After 20 minutes it is all about resinous FIG.
The Fig lasts forever. Amazing longevity.
I love this perfume.
Caution: the bitter openning may annoy others.
Note: 10

josé luis.romero
josé luis.romero

Impresionante perfume, con un intenso olor a limón de Amalfi, higos e higuera. Envejece magistralmente. Es una auténtica obra de arte. Siempre soy piropeado cuando lo llevo. Pero por favor, no lo compreis, porque es MÍO... ;)

RachelGrigg

I like it but it's definitely sweaty.

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

Freshly squeezed plant sap!

Smells strongly herbal/green, moderately citric/sour, remarkably "un-perfumey" and natural; as if you rubbed fresh leaves (and a bit of lime zest) between your fingers. If someone told me that there's a plant, the sap of which smells like this, without any help of a perfumer, I would believe that in a heartbeat.

I can see why many find Ninfeo Mio refreshing, but I can also see why some may find it overly naturalistic.

MaLLenA
MaLLenA

Incredibly beautiful fragrance ... for the summer will be fantastic. I can not get enough him and stop him smell. Lemon is sour and sweet at the same time, but with an intoxicating sweetness reminds me of my childhood .. we had a lemon tree and smelled so green, not picked lemon .. Fairy and many lasting perfume.

Guest_Kharnak
Guest_Kharnak

ooooh Rich Green, vegetable green, like tomato leaf. The Greens section at the supermarket. Overgrown vines. Like sniffing into the roots, freshly pulled from the ground. of ivy, creeper plants growing in the shade.
The Next layer is a strong, solid smooth Lemon. Pure Lemon Peel extract. Verbena grass, Lemon Balm.
Something smooth about the dry down, Lemon Balm leaves, slightly milky creamy Lemon. This does spark memories of walking through heavy foliage in the hills. quite a well done "Nature" fragrance.
Settles into the skin for a long time, staying fresh.
Smells tasty.. i dare say almost like a Lemon pudding Pie

johngreenink
johngreenink

Ninfeo Mio is mysterious juice. It opens with a blast of sour and acidic citrus quickly followed by some of the greenest herbs I've yet smelled in a bottle. The use of citron is very interesting here - citron, to a lot of people, is an acquired smell and taste. Many probably remember that strangely sour/bitter flavor in Christmas fruit cakes - that's the rind of the citron. It's definitely here in force. I had to smile in reference to the comment someone made about the scent of Play Doh (yes, it IS in here, but I think it comes from the citron.)

The middle notes are so green that at turns it feels as though you're cutting up rosemary branches in the middle of a wet forest. The eventual trail is a bit more woody, but still green.

Ninfeo Mio is an exploration of the senses... it has a three dimensional quality, too - The influence of the Italian garden is definitely evident here, you really can feel as though you're walking through a scented space when wearing this. But I would not say that this perfume is nostalgic. It's herbal/green quality makes it feel very fresh and modern.

Something else to note: The bottle is very intriguing - at first glance, it appears to be blue glass... then looking at it again, I was convinced it was gray. Third examination, it was green. It's the strangest color, yet seems to fit the scent perfectly.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I find Ninfeo Mio to be mixed and blended, instead of wearing in stages.

Except for the opening, which is a fragrant/natural citrus burst, which lasts only a few minutes.

NM is a sweet fig herbal mix, with wood undertones, and lavendar in the heart. The boxwood is fairly obvious--can smell urinous in hot weather, but that note dies in cooler weather. Anyway despite its greenness this is a clear perfume, without being watery or ozonic.

Green, sweet, clear--for fig lovers only.

Good longevity for AG. And I love the color of th bottle.

gevuchi
gevuchi

Love it Love it Love It one of my Favorite perfume...The strong citrus scent makes me feel a million pound. this is my default scent will definitely buy another one wen it finishes.

ian85

I love it, like many other Goutal's eaux de toilette. High quality and originality! it doesn't surf on the mainstream scents, and tries to discover new horizons, in a kind of impressionistic way, as if Monnet used fragrances instead of colours. I would say I find in Ninfeo Mio a kind of synaesthesia, always in an attempt to tell us nature's symphony...Notes are always contained, and never heavy... Bravo.

blauemadeleine
blauemadeleine

I love the scent. Ever since I bought it, I go back to it and take yet another sniff... careful not to get too much so I don´t adapt to the scent. and I very much want to go and see the garden which inspired the Ladies.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

I agree with many of the reviewers here; the opening reminded me of a wonderful herb garden. It was a nice green opening, with underlying citrus, and without the bitterness so often found in "green" scents.

As the fragrance dried down, there was a sweetness that overpowered any delicate development; indeed, it seemed to be a sugary coating to a herb salad...

Started out wonderfully promising...and while I will probably wear it occasionally until the sample is done, it is not on my full bottle wish list.

lara0905
lara0905

Smell of the Nature and the forest.Enter of the fantasy world.I could imagine this scent is a smell of an Elf.
Uplifting opening with lemon and lime-zest notes, but they are fading away quickly and fresh green herbal notes comes as parsley, dill and fig-leaves. Marvelous mix of the herbs with galbanum.I clearly detect elderflower in the drydown with a hint of parsley root.
An impressive fragrance,totally perfection.

Yerdan
Yerdan

The opening contains a very green type of lemon, almost lime, I'd say. Besides I thought of freshly cut dill, or parsley, which makes an amazing combination.
This grassy quality of the lemon scent gives it a totally unsportly unmodern unfresh charm. Opposed to Shiseido Zen which is also mainly about lemon, Ninfeo is not hard or cold.
With time sweeter notes (lavender) kick in and moderate the acidity. The drydown makes me think of sirupy lemon cake.
It is not a sexy scent, neither for ladies nor, I beleive, for gents. It conveys however a certain humorous and positive niceness. If I had a sister and we would have dinner together, I'd appreciate this scent on her. Same on a very young and bookish brother.

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

I like most Annick Goutal fragrances, but not this one. I fail to see how it won the popularity contest here. It starts out as a quite ordinary citrus woody, and dries down to --- as another reviewer astutely put it --- cat's pee.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This has a citrus opening followed by green notes, and ending as cat pee! Yuck.

I can't really make up my mind on Ninfeo Mio. There are some aspects that I really love about this one i.e. the opening is pleasantly fresh with a lot of lemon and citrus magistrally balanced with bitter fig and fig leaves, but on the other hand, in the drydown the milky note and creamy wood dominate the whole fragrance in a bad way. Actually i quite like how it smells but can't immagine it on my skin. I like it on paper anyway!

Rating: 6.5-7/10

AveParfum
AveParfum

Woody Aromatic is absolutely right. At first this scent is so down-to-earth, so outdoorsy, a beautifully refreshing herbal tonic. Something about it smells so familiar. For a moment it makes me think of the scent of fresh pine, like when there is a Christmas tree in your house. Or maybe lounging lakeside at a cabin in the mountains. I can easily smell the lemony-fresh citrus notes.

I thought I might buy this, but I did not like the drydown enough. Once the lemon and lavender fade away, you are left with pure pine, which is not something I want to smell on myself all day.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

NINFEO MIO is certainly unique. This scent is very aromatic, green and natural. I totally agree with Missk in the review below that this scent reminds of a well-kept vegetable garden. My grandfather used to love growing vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers. I spent many happy hours in his garden. NINFEO MIO definitely captures the natural green scent of vegetable plants mixed with the sunshine and summer mood.

The opening is citron and lemon with woody and balsamic note of galbanum. I love citrus scents, so the starting notes were a pure bliss for me. There is definitely a vegetable like note in this fragrance very similar to tomato-note, as also already mentioned in the wonderful review below by Missk. The heart notes are very gentle with the lavender and milky fig leaves. The dry down on my skin also has fig notes mixed with herbal and wood notes.

NINFEO MIO smells pleasantly fresh and unexpectedly nice on my skin. I strongly dislike most herbal and vegetable scents, so I was quite surprised that I do like this one. There is something about this scent that is balanced and harmonious. It is natural and relaxing. I definitely could see myself wearing this in summer. However, I would recommend trying a sample before buying as the uniqueness of this scent might not appeal to everyone.

movs
movs

This perfume brings me right back to the Italian nature. Maybe this isn’t strange, because this perfume was inspired by the Giardini di Ninfa in the region of Lazio - a park with a lake and ruined towers overgrown by flowers.

This is really an aromatic, back-to-nature scent. It starts out as a citrus scent mixed with, what I first thought was, incense but after a while I recognized the smell as lavender.
The fragrance dries down to an almost pure fig scent. In my opinion the freshness of the fig leaves is combined with the fruit it self. The fig fruit note makes this perfume ideal to use as a comfy scent as well as a light fresh summer scent.

This fragrance reminds me of an arcadic landscape. That’s why I find it very suitable for relaxation though it could be easily used as a non-offensive scent for the office.
If you like perfumes like un Jardin sur le Nil but are looking for a sweeter, more feminine scent, this fragrance would be a very good choice. In spite of that I still think it could also be used by men.

In 3 words: AROMATIC - NATURAL - FIG

Belil
Belil

I have been donated a tester of it, and want badly the whole bottle.
To me this perfume evokes the most beautiful memories from my chilhood, a very strong almost dejavu feeling.
I imagine myself in an old cemetery in the middle of summer where everything is overgrown with green weeds and there are gravestones and sculptures in concrete. To me it smells exactly like weeds crushed on sun heated dusty cemetary stairs and some weird graveyard flowers. It might seem weird, but I love it.

Ninfeo Mio, is quite possibly the most natural smelling scent I have managed to come across. The greeness that is experienced in this particular fragrance, smells like that of a thriving vegetable garden.

If you don't like particularly earthy or bitter green scents, Ninfeo Mio probably won't delight you. I honestly couldn't imagine myself wearing such a scent, however I am very drawn to Ninfeo Mio. I find it very appealing and in some ways, pretty.

The citrus opening is more tart than sharp and sour. I initially detected a tomato-like note hidden in the composition, that made me think of freshly cut vegetables.

Lavender is what tends to give Ninfeo Mio that unisex and aromatic touch in the heart. The whole composition is quite astounding in the way that it's dry rather than wet.

In the drydown I swear that I can smell smokey incense. It has a very exotic garden temple feel to it. Every now and then I have to remind myself that Ninfeo Mio is a perfume and not just my natural surroundings.

The lasting power is amazing and the sillage rather commendable. Because this fragrance is so unusual, I don't believe that everyone is expected to like it. Ninfeo Mio, is in my opinion, is an excellent example of a green, herbaceous scent done to perfection.

My darling
My darling

Parsley with a little lemon! So what?! And where did you find this fig!?
As Nanji, I also wouldn't pay to smell like this.

teedee
teedee

ninfeo mio has caught me unprepared. i was so surprised by this perfume.

this totally smells like fresh cut herbs. so green, dewy, fresh and a little woody. clear green sap in the morning. it has a hint of sharp citrus in the beginning. after, it doesnt evolve anymore.

rather big silleage. two thumbs up for the longevity!

but...do i want to smell like green sap? not at the moment...

adele l
adele l

I generally love annick goutal but should ammend that statement- love their florals which happen to have green undertones. This one is not feminine enough or perfumy enough for my taste..too green i guess

chance25
chance25

Silage is fantastic. It starts off smelling of grass and earth, an overall outdoor woodsy smell. The heart is mainly fig. What brings this to a screeching hault for me is, the mix of fig with an old decaying citrus mildew smell. It's very cloying and a sad ending to a pleasant beginning.

midsummer
midsummer

The opening to Ninfeo Mio gave me a lot of hope. A liquid green scent (sort of like a pond in the woods), I was hoping it would dry down to a woody spicy accord.

No dice. After a few minutes, I started smelling sugar cookies (which was kind of cool, but unexpected). And then, strangest of all, the drydown smells like play doh! I've heard of other scents that have this problem - it could be my own personal chemistry, but I found it disappointing!

The scent does last a VERY long time - though now I wish it wouldn't...

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'm very happy to be liking this scent since i won it (Thank you Fragrantica!!!) and would feel bad giving it a poor review.

In general I gravitate towards greens, and htis is meshing well with me. I do think one of two things is happening with this scent: your skin type is either going to amplify the citrus/floral aspect (and I second LenaBel's comment on 'sugared lemon'), or you will accentuate the twiggy, dry fig note.

At first I veer towards the lemondrop phase, but after an hour I get a dry (think a twig snapped open during a drought) green, bark note. I'm also getting a faint 'singed' vapor, as if the twigs have been left in the hot sun too long and could catch fire with the slightest ember.

I think they were aiming for a 'watery, lush garden' composition, but on me this wears like an 'end of summer, only the strongest have survived' type scent.

Thumbs up, and thanks again for sending me a fragrance I will wear!

Charlus
Charlus

Wonderful and amazing fragrance. Opens with citruses and galbanum. The middle notes (lavender and fig leaves) is like being under a fig tree, smelling the grass and lemon wood. Herbal-citrus with a sweet touch. Unbelievable.It lasts in my skin more than five hours. In the clothes (t-shirt) lasts for ages. I have a paper card with Ninfeo mio and smell really good +1 month after!!!. A masterpiece. Nice. 10/10

chocolate
chocolate

I just got a bottle of this, I was going to buy Un matin d'orage, but I tried it and I had to go back to the shop and get it. Especially when my husband said it smelled of Greek countryside in the morning! It´s funny how the same scents react differently on different skins (see Nanji comments below). It´s fresh, but not your usual herby scent, with a sweet touch that sits nicely on man´s skin too. Another hit, AG!

LenaBel
LenaBel

The frangrance a forest nymph would wear.
It is green, fresh and I mostly get slightly sugared lemon and fig leaf. What I really like about it is that it is not sharp as some of the green fragrances. I instantly think of a forest and a fairtyle after I smell this. And of a beautiful nymph sitting by the river and combing her long hair.

I will update after I use up all of the sample I got.

Brielle87
Brielle87

I am so excited about this release from Annick Goutal. I find myself wearing many AG fragrances as of late and this should be another jewel in their crown.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ninfeo Mio by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ninfeo Mio by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.