Designers » A » Floral Fruity « Groups

Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women

Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women
dislike

I have it: 690 I had it: 268 I want it: 449 My signature: 25

Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures Petite Cherie Annick Goutal for women Pictures

Petite Cherie is a fruity fragrance, covered with a ripple of peach and pear, drunk with the scent of sensual rose musk, standing royal in its vanilla frame, all sprinkled with the powdery scent of refreshing cut grass. Sweet, musky and sassy, mischievous and perfect for springtime!

Petite Cherie was presented in 2008. It opens with juicy peach notes, while the heart is enriched with rose and pear. The base contains velvety vanilla. The perfume is available as 50 ml edp, 100 ml edp, 50 ml edt and 100 ml edt, with an accompanying line of body care products. Petite Cherie was launched in 1998.

Peach Grass Vanille Rose Pear

Leila Lou

Petite Cherie Fragrance Reviews

Madrona
Madrona

I mean, it's quite lovely. I am not the world's biggest fan of peach... nor pear... nor green notes... so the fact that I don't hate this is remarkable. Sweet, fruity, but not cloying. I'd probably not wear it any time soon, but it's not revolting. Reminds me of a nice pear popsicle on a hot summer's day.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Too much green just ruined this for me.

xionoula
xionoula

fresh cut GRASS all over my nose....!!! but with a joyful pleasant fruity way..so lovely!!

ZBear
ZBear

About 10 years ago, I visited a good friend in Paris for the first time. Wanting to educate me on the art of modern French perfumery, she took me to the Annick Goutal store. I had seen the brand at Saks in NY before, but had never bothered to try anything.

The fragrance that was recommended for me was Petite Cherie. However, since I was obsessed with Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, I did not make a purchase and walked away.

A few months ago, I was suddenly reminded of Petite Cherie, and took another sniff in the store. It was just as fresh & innocent as I had remembered.

Annick Goutal categorizes this as a sweet floral, and I somewhat agree, except I get a lot of fresh pear, and the only "floral" bit that I get is that of a fancy french-milled soap effect.

The essence of a young daughter's kiss is accurately portrayed here. The fragrance is just joyful and sweet, without being cloying.

The sillage is very small - someone would have to hug you or be very close by to smell. I see there are some complaints about the longevity. I have the EDP, and did not have any problems. Just keep in mind this is not a heavy hitter like Dior Poison or Guerlain Shalimar.

I don't think this is only for young girls. The effect is, yes, young and innocent, but this fragrance can be worn by anyone who likes fresh, sweet fragrances.

Overall, a masterpiece in my book, and I'm so glad that the Amorepacific acquisition a few years back did not change the quality of this.

Eesa
Eesa

This perfume is so sweet and lovely, very innocent and feminine in my mind. It does smell quite aquatic, I suppose from the "refreshing cut grass." Many perfumes have pear as a note, but this is one of the only ones where I really distinguish pear very well. The grass smells very nice and realistic, and the rose is definitely there smelling heavenly. Peach and vanilla are just supporting for me, they aren't prominent like the others. I absolutely adore the scent, only wishing it could be a bit more powerful, but then perhaps it would lose its sweet and innocent-seeming quality.

woodnymph
woodnymph

very wearable and perfect for spring/summer. on my skin it starts off with a burst of green scents and pear, followed by a milky peach scent with hints of roses (can't detect vanilla at all). my only complaint is the poor longevity. i might not buy it again, but it's a fresh, lovely perfume.

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

Ooo I love this! It smells very much like the name leads you to expect - like a darling little girl. It opens with very realistic ripe d'anjou pear then quickly becomes a fuzzy peach. Not the over-ripe peach in calyx, but fresh and sweet, like a baby. If your baby's all grown up, like mine is it might make you cry. I like fruity shampoo scents, and this is a really good one.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

A combination of mint and plastic doll on me. Interesting but, as another reviewer said, too synthetic. I'm happy I tried it; can cross it off my test list.

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

Please step aside for a moment and rid yourself of every image spawned from the marketing of Petite Cherie and inhale deeply. This fragrance has nothing to do with little girls. It has nothing to do with children. It has nothing to do with candy. It has nothing to do with youth.

Are we done? Good. Let's move on.

Petit Cherie is a curious combination of subtlety realism and minimalism. The pear note is fresh wet and real. It has been ripened to perfection; picked a day earlier it would have been too tart, a day later too sweet.

The other notes quite unassuming, are purely functional.
The provide a proper setting and backdrop upon which to successfully represent the pear.

Great for use in the daytime in the early spring or summer. And TOTALLY unisex. It should be worn by anyone who enjoys light airy subtle fragrances with a strong character.

Side note: the breezy fruity composition reminds me a bit of the fruity notes that appear in the heart of Tommy Girl (without all the lemony punches)

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I purchased a sample of this because I am into the smell of baby products. This doesn't smell like Johnson's baby shampoo (yellow bottle) or moisture wash (pink bottle). In fact, it is a dead on dupe for the Lavender Bedtime Wash (purple bottle). It sounds unremarkably weird seeing how this doesn't have a drop of lavender in it, but I've actually sprayed this on my arm and went to Walmart and and smelled each side-by-side. It is it's dupe. I like it and plan to purchase a bottle. The problem? It lasts literally for 2 hours and its gone.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Pear candy and grass. It's adorable, very sweet and less fresh than bright & playful. I think it's too sweet to be called fresh. It's not even close to one of my favorite fragrances, but I somehow managed to go through an entire bottle. Maybe I like it more than I care to admit.

nathalie87
nathalie87

Like someone else was saying, this smells like if you have a daughter with long newly washed hair that has been out playing all day in the sun, running around in the grass all day, this is the smell you get when you kiss her goodnight on her head that evening. At least this is what it reminds me the most of! Its a nice smell, very pretty, but something about it makes me a little bit nauseous espesially when I have worn it all day long, maybe it is the grassy smell. It is kind of sharp.

number9
number9

The opening is very nice with the pear note. That fades after a minute and gets musky. That reminds me of lilies (I hate lilies). This fragrance is gone from my skin in about 30 minutes. It is not worth it to buy in my opinion as a perfume should last, and this doesn't make it even an hour.

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Opens with a strong fruity pear blast with rose delicately threading it's way through the background. Hairspray (is that supposed to be grass??!) I agree with other commenters that this smells like the fruity shampoos that are so common in the US, like Garnier's Fructis line. The pear is delicious and juicy, though. As it develops more the pear backs off and I can smell some peach. Summer; ripe fruit in a sunny field. Sitting by the side of a pool with a fruity drink that's starting to get warm in the sun sitting next to you. At about an hour in it's pretty much faded away and the detergent note becomes a bit earthy with the pear and peach still faintly in the background. PC is a bit common, and short-lived as well, but it's a very pretty scent. Very girlish and innocent.

allumez
allumez

This smells exactly like Pantene shampoo. It feels like I just poured the shampoo bottle on myself and went out. After a while, some white flowers and again Pantene. Disappointing.

nitschevo
nitschevo

The father of a girlfriend gifted me a set of this while shopping for shoes for her upcoming wedding. He thought it's only fair that I also receive something on this special day - so nice and thoughtful.

I've known and loved this scent for a long time. It's one of the better fruity florals and IMHO for all ages. Sometimes you just want to feel fresh and happy! And PC delivers this in an unusual way. It's not a scent everyone and their mothers wear. A plus for me.

PC opens with pear, peaches and fresh gras. I could spray again and again to feel and sniff that! The dry down gets more musky and rosy, but the pear holds its ground. Sillage is close to the skin and longevity around four hours. Quite an expensive fragrance keeping that in mind but I still like the EDT more than the EPD (which lasts longer). It's more crisp! I will layer it with the lotion and can't wait for spring! Lovely :)

Update: Unfortunately the wedding is being called off so I will let go of this bottle and scent. No more happy memories attached to it :(

nordhaul
nordhaul

Freshly diapered baby :) so cute

Got the powder puff. Don't see a
point in paying big bucks for the
spray. Although I been known to
break down and just buy what I've
said I wouldn't ... and the bottle IS
darn cute...
...Peace...
Ok broke down and am the happy
owner of an ADORABLE big bottle
The perfume doesn't smell so baby
diapery freshly changedly, but more
candy-y. Where was this all my life
...Peace...

lilalina
lilalina

This smells like candy.. Very sweet fruity and light. Didn't last long and came across rather synthetic.

hoopins
hoopins

I love this fragrance because of how different it feels to anything else I've owned. It's so fresh and to me something about it is transcendent. I was recommended this fragrance by my sister who had sampled it and said that it reminded her of me. I think she was referring to times when we'd bathed together as small children and something in it put her in mind of our baby shampoo. Wearing this at times is like smelling the hair of a freshly bathed toddler which might feel strange to some people but it makes me feel a warmth and closeness and a feeling of love which has made the fragrance become more than something that just smells nice.
Petite Cherie will not evoke the same reaction in everyone by any means but the combination of notes should give it a broad appeal, I just wish it lasted a bit longer.

Chenet
Chenet

It is a powdery fruity scent of peaches and pears, musky rose, some vanilla and grass. A couple of sniffs are good enough to enjoy this fragrance. It is very elegant, however, I don't like its body lotion because of the cheap plastic container, I smell the old plastic first and not the scented lotion, it left me a sniffing aroma of celery...I just wonder, if this fragrance was launched in 2008, I wonder how long was the lotion sleeping in that container?. I think, it is way long expired. I SHOULD RETURN THE LOTION that was included in the set.

oktober
oktober

I somewhat like what this perfume smells like- a little vanilla, pears and grass. The grass note is a bit too raw but I don't mind.

I dislike the associations in my head about this. What person would want to smell like this? It's childish, really childish, not even teenage-ey.

A child wouldn't wear this though, cause it's quite strong, even the edt. The bottles are cute... I bought it simply for that butterfly bottle, thought it was very decorative.

I associate most scents with book characters, but this one comes with a "can't get it out of my head" kind of association. :)) Bettina Gozzi. Who read the book (book! not film-totally diffrent) that contains the memories about her (among other stuff) probably gets the ideea behind this association.

ta2kitty
ta2kitty

Starts off like fresh peaches then just goes green. Sharp, almost sour, green. Just didn't work for me, unfortunately.

Dolora Grace
Dolora Grace

It smells exactly like peaches and moss. I call it my peach grass perfume. I love it, makes me think of attracting the hot lawn man.

username101
username101

When I first tried this perfume during spring, which is quite a dry season where I live,I thought it smelled rather flat. Now I'm in summer, which is very hot and humid, and this perfume is perfect for the hot and humid weather. While it's not a typical summer scent, I've noticed the volume of this fragrance comes into a full bloom in humidity. In no way is this a common or boring perfume, but I found this perfume to be perfect for family gatherings (most of my family members don't enjoy heavy and strong fragrances), dinners (where you might want to wear inoffensive, light fragrances so that it doesn't interrupt the smell of food, because smelling the food is an important part of enjoying the meal), or on a day where you want something really light. The impression I have of this scent is innocent, sweet (olfactorily and figuratively - but smell wise, it's not overwhelmingly sweet), and tender, just like the name, Petite Cherie. I think this would be a good fragrance for children too, once they are past the age where they can wear fragrances with alcohol.

euphorie
euphorie

A beautiful concoction of peaches and pears, a creamy musk and a hint of grass cuttings and roses -- it's the scent for those who don't want to be blatantly wearing 'perfume'. This was the scent I wore to uni and any other casual settings because it smells more like shampoo or body wash than a woman's fragrance, and I was easing into the habit of wearing perfume regularly. It was the scent I wore when I wanted to be perceived as 'just had a shower' with the subtle fragrance of "shampoo" trailing behind. No one wants a stinking ape in class, and I admit that sometimes I pass the morning shower for Petite Cherie just to arrive for a 9am lecture on time.

Petite Cherie might be a little bit of a flirt and oozes girly innocence but this is definitely not a 'Lolita' kind of scent (speaking of the literary reference, it'd be perfect for those who love the Japanese street fashion though). There's something very sophisticated about this fragrance that keeps it from going into cheap Bath and Body Works territory, in my opinion, and I believe that it is the greenness of the pears.

This fragrance has that 'Je ne sais quoi' property that makes it very French, and I recommend this fragrance for women of all ages, particularly to those who are children at heart. It is also notorious for going off quickly, so I highly recommend opting for the 50mL rather than the 100mL, and I recommend the EDT for those who love pear notes most because it shows up best in the EDT.

LuScentinTenebris
LuScentinTenebris

This opens with realistic canned pears and a touch of maybe cumin, as there is a sudden hit of light body odor. The sweatiness fades after a few minutes to an airy, fresh, sparkling pear, which is nice if you like transparent fruity scents, and mostly stays that way for an hour or two...however, there were moments where it seemed like the tin can these pears came out of wanted its moment in the spotlight too, as I noticed a distinct metallic touch that I dislike. On the upside, it is pleasantly evocative of childhood, as intended, and the grassy note is nice.

autumn777
autumn777

Bad blind buy! Nothing remarkable, weak, poor sillage-hour tops. There are better pear scented body sprays from Bath and Body Works.

modernfumie
modernfumie

Vile ozonic pear, IMO. But as they say: de gustibus non est disputandum. If you love it, rock it. It's just not for me.

Hilda0414
Hilda0414

While not close to being among my favored scents, my full size bottle is nearly empty. I imagine because it is one I often choose when planning to be around people in close quarters. Meetings, the car, and the like. A very light, delicate and non offensive choice.

I do notice the pear immediately, but it is "fizzy" like a champagne. I can visualize my riding mower cutting the grass around a huge pear tree while I consume a glass of champagne. Lol. Nice for Summer and Spring seasons. But when this is depleted,, it will be replaced by something with stronger character.

becuille
becuille

This opened on my as an absolutely gorgeous pear. A very literal pear, ripe, juicy and dripping with water droplets. I inhaled deeply and thought about how much I wanted a full bottle.

Half an hour later, I could barely smell it and an hour later, it was all gone.

I tried it another twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke but the same thing happened (I'm actually in my fourth hour of wearing it today and I can't smell a thing).

It's a shame because that opening pear note is absolutely beautiful, but literally nothing else happens for me, it just disappears.

13.th
13.th

this charming scent opens on a smiling pear.
after one hour at least, it changes itself mixing candid roses and ancient herbs.
its end is pleasant but indefinable for me.... rhubarb , yes like rhubarb and caoutchouc.
very wereable.
poor sillage.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Light, airy, fresh, gossamer-like. The total opposite to many of my powerhouses. But I love it just the same. It is the grass/green note. It is very comforting and so summery. When you are craving summer, wearing this cheers you up. A fairy scent. Yes! Fruity but not too sweet. Fuzzy and peachy with a slight rosey tinge.

Saigon Cinnamon
Saigon Cinnamon

The peach at the top smells a bit too synthetic to me, but it quickly fades and the scent opens up onto the powdery notes. This is a pleasant fragrance but reminds me too much of soap. I'll wear out my sample but don't plan to purchase.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Annick Goutal Petite Chérie is essentially juicy, ripe pear on me. It's actually quite sweet, but the right amount of tartness and a subtle bitter green grass note ground the scent fairly well. I also occasionally get a whiff of apple during the first few hours.

The rose seems to be more prominent towards the drydown. It's slightly powdery, or even musty, so that Petite Chérie turns from sparkling to a velvet colour, as if under the innocent appearance hides a sensual heart.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 8 hours for both concentrations. I find EDP opens slightly sharper than EDT, although it does feels more substantial.

Petite Chérie feels lighthearted, but also refined, which has a universal appeal to women of different age groups. I'd recommend it as a relatively natural fruity-floral fragrance, and a very pretty one!

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

What an enchanting and charming summer fragrance. I really like this perfume because it's fruity fresh without being overly sweet or synthetic; it's also pretty, light and non-offensive. This would be lovely as a young lady's first perfume.

On my skin, Petite Cherie is very watery and green, that's tinged with the slight sweetness of the fruit. The perfume lasts for 5-6 hours as a skin scent with very soft to no sillage, although sometimes I only seem to get a few hours out of it. Not really sure why, but perhaps it depends upon the temperature and how much humidity is in the air. Otherwise, it's wonderful.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I love pear scents, so I purchased several samples of this to try. It is absolutely the best pear fragrance I've ever smelled. It's pear with some elegance to it, all the way to the end. I do wish it had better longevity, but I've purchased the body milk as well so I can layer it. Will most definitely be ordering a full size bottle of this. If you like pear with a floral background try this!
UPDATE: Just received full size bottle with matching body milk - FANTASTIC!

Martaynd
Martaynd

Found a sample I've had for several years. Tried it last night after shower for bed. Wasn't inpressed. Didn't leave me with any distinct impression. Something in it didn't smell quite right.

Own Stefani's LAMB and Marc Jacobs Pear (limited edition). Both were far better than this.

bibibling
bibibling

Wow, this is crazy! Normally I dislike pear notes because they are usually so artificial but I got a sample of this anyway because I've been so pleased with all my other Annick Goutal samples so far and because of all the other wonderful Fragrantica user reviews.

I've never smelled a truer pear in my life. Every time I smell my wrist my mind thinks there must be a delicious juicy pear nearby and I must find it somehow and devour it!

Right behind the pear is a soft pink rose bouquet. The peach and grass are present too but to me they blend in to this 'true pear' accord my nose is falling in love with. I have smelled so many perfumes with pear in their dominant notes and every single time the pear has felt so synthetic and fake. I'm so glad I gave this perfume a chance, it has literally restored my faith in pear notes.

This is a fun, light, summery floral-fruity scent. The juiciness and authenticness of the pear DOES go borderline-gourmand because it's just so EDIBLE! I can see someone wearing this out on a date because it IS a bit flirty though this feels more like a daytime perfume to me. I can see it on any age but I'd be more comfortable saying 15+ because it's a bit too sophisticated to stomach smelling on a pre-teen. This is NOT a Bath&Body Works body spray. It would be like seeing a 10-year-old girl prance around with a $4,000 Chanel bag on her arm. It might be cute but is it really necessary?

Also, this one's an evolver. When you first test it, be sure to sniff your wrist every few minutes because it gets less peary and more rosey and peachy as time goes on. Each new phase is lovely.

Musume
Musume

Pétite Chérie smells in the beginning of pear, rose, and fresh grass, then it turns into a musky vanillic base. From beginning to end you can notice a light cumin note. To me this is the scent of a teenage girl, fresh and sweet but full of hormones. I love to wear it in Spring and Summer.

basgam
basgam

It is a fruity-sweet scent which might be similar to a bubble bath. Nothing seductive, definitely easy to wear during the day. Can't elaborate on the fragrance apart from the fact that it is definitely a summer scent, reminds me of a sunny day for some reason.

gpesav
gpesav

I'm so upset about this one. On paper, and straight from the bottle, it smells beautiful, clean, reminiscent of bubble bath. I wore it to work one day, and kept getting whiffs of B.O. and wondered to myself, does anyone wear deodorant anymore? I was shocked to find out that it was MY PERFUME! My perfume was making me smell like I hadn't showered in weeks. So embarrassing. Wish this would've worked on my skin.

Bella1
Bella1

Quite simply this is one of the prettiest perfumes
ever made. All I get is the sweet gorgeous
Peaches. It stays with me, I get whiffs
all day. Clean, peachy, fresh. It will always
Be one of my favs. Very unique.

Venusia
Venusia

Interesting pear, peach, grass and smoked musk combination. No real sweetness. Clean and pure ingredients. Intriguing scent. Must try it again. I still don't know what I feel about it...

After using it a few times now, I know there is no other choice but to love this fresh peachy carnal promising juice...

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I have just purchased a full sized bottle of petite cherie EDT.so my review will be on the edt.

I get fresh n fruity sweet scent of pear.it is inoffensive,dominant n also uplifting.smells light,natural,airy n ozonic.

Then as it dries down,petite cherie smells fruity-floral with musky base.i think I hv never smelled this kind of perfume in most departmental stores for fruity-floral olfactory group.petite cherie smells unique n original.
Original to me means, the perfume designer rather conserve the natural scent of pear fruit as one of its composition,for instance than using the synthetic compound.

I seriously love its new packaging.it looks elegant,beautiful,luxury n exclusive.i am one of the lucky buyers to own such an amazing n beautiful perfume.

Petite cherie,you really made my day and the way you presented yourself in front of me,had made me speechless.makes me want to stare at you every single day!

elseemoonz
elseemoonz

My skin emphasizes the pear and musk of Petit Cherie, and the effect feels like dry and exquisitely complex white wine. The fruit is not sickly sweet or too young smelling at all. Worth a try!

dsty
dsty

Petite Chérie is for pear lovers only: it's a nice, straightforward pear scent; syrupy sweet but in a good way, not too sticky or overbearing. In the opening it is a bit too synthetic/plastic/shampoo smelling for my taste, but that goes away after half an hour or so, and after that it's just pears and syrup until it fades. Quite feminine in an innocent, none-sexy way, but I don't think it's too girly for grown-ups. Very nice!
Conclusion: if you're looking explicitly for a pear scent, this is definitely recommended; if not, you probably don't need it (and I'm in that last category myself).

Morely
Morely

I'm pretty sensible to any kind of smells and prefer quite gentle and airy scents, but this one was so charming and fruity and sounded quite good on me so I bought it in my search of ideal perfume. But to be honest I was disappointed. First two or maybe three weeks (I've used it only on weekends) it was fine, a little too intensive for me, but fine and quite charming, but then... It was impossible to me to use it even twice a week I got headaches immediately and couldn't get read of the smell for two or three days even if I try to wash it off. And even my friends asked me why am I still wearing it. Maybe it's just for me but it's too intensive and too long lasting on me. I gave it to my sister.
This perfume sounds really good on her. Fruity, light and really airy. Fresh and charming. Even elegant. Just not on me.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

"A pear that smells like a rose" is how the salesperson described Petite Cherie to me, which was lovely. Beautiful words and perfume have many correlations. C'est naturelle!

Petite Cherie is pear dominant. Would smell lovely on any girl and adds a hint of romance as well, thanks to the rose. This is the fragrance that Audrey Hepburn should have worn. The most charmingly coquettish fragrance I can think of next to Miss Dior Cherie.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

As a child, I hated canned pears and had never tried a fresh pear until I was 23 years old. I remember biting into the crisp green flesh while breathing in deeply through my nose and feeling like I was eating a flower. The smell of fruit blossoms is delicate and reminiscent of the mature fruit. I find that Petite Cherie is a combination of pear and pear blossom—delicate, juicy, green, sweet and fresh. For a brief moment, I smelled urine, but that dissipated and the pear-floral note predominated. After the first hour, it is more crisp green and less floral. After 2 hours, it is a green-amber type of fragrance, and fading quickly.

I could see how this fragrance seems childlike and innocent. It is like a romp through an orchard followed by a trek down a dusty, grassy green hill. It is childhood like we all want to remember and believe it can be…and like childhood, it is all too fleeting.

Lana148
Lana148

I just revisited Petite Cherie again, in hopes it would suit me now, since I have hard time wearing sweet fragrances lately, but time to time I still have some cravings to smell candy-like.

Petite Cherie smells fresh fruity-floral, little sweet and innocent but also has some vintage chemical-bubble bath/shampoo feel to it, which really turns me off. Musky base is also a no-no for me.

PerfectFloral
PerfectFloral

A rare, precious, angelic but not overly sweet scent. It is hard to pick out notes - a pure je ne sais quoi. Does not last for me, 2h max. Still worth it because it is so unusual and uplifting.

Jartan*555
Jartan*555

This used to be my signature in my twenties. It is solo very beautiful and youthful without all the sick cheap sweetness that's in so many fragrances targeting young ladies. It does have some sweetness but it's a touch mixed with fresh. I can't pick out the notes in this masterpiece. It's just an innocent smell. It doesn't last that long but it does stay on skin well. Like if you hug 5 or so hours later, people will smell it. Petite Cherie is exactly what I believe an angel would smell like. I even used to put some on my daughter when she was just a toddler!!! She loved me wearing this. In my honest opinion, this is the smell of pure innocence. It is worth buying. I've never smelled anything like it. By the way!, I never smelled any warmth in it. Its fresh and crisp an a little fruity.

kay0981
kay0981

Petite Cherie is a very youthful, approachable composition; full of bright, fruity accords and fresh, grassy undertones. The pear is definitely a dominant note here; strongly pronounced throughout the entire composition. It smells very raw, natural and sweet, and a little watery. There is also something very soapy about it, which makes it smell quite a lot like pear-scented shampoo (particularly in the beginning stages). After a while, the dominant pear accord blends in with the fresh, grassy undertones, which flow through the heart of the composition. There is also some delicate sweetness coming through this scent (perhaps from the vanilla), but it's not a sugary, synthetic kind of sweetness; it smells rather gentle and natural.

This scent is very innocent, delicate, and almost child-like. I feel that all of the Annick Goutal fragrances tell their own story; they all have a different meaning attached to them. Petite Cherie evokes images of childhood, innocence, and summer bliss. It's very sweet and charming, but I think I'd rather appreciate it from the bottle than wear it myself. It just doesn't smell much like an actual perfume, if that makes any sense. I guess it could be a nice option for someone who is looking for a simple, but unique summer scent; or is just beginning their journey with Annick Goutal and wants a more approachable, beginner fragrance from this house.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

Coming from a European tradition where fragrance is important, my son felt he needed a perfume. First world problem but at age six he could correctly identify several key Guerlain and Goutal scents on me, so I reasoned that he was ready. He gets one spray of this on the nape of his neck after his evening bath. As with most Goutal, the sillage is very gentle, so it works well for a child. However, it is not, as other reviewers have already pointed out, a childish fragrance - it doesn't smell like lollipops or whatever it is kids are supposed to like to smell of (my own son has demonstrated that in fact, they quite like grown-up and complex fragrance).
It is peachy, soft and almost milky. It is sweet but not sickening, although fairly powdery. It would make a great summer scent for someone looking for something fruity and a bit different. It makes me want to run through meadows of hay or sit out and enjoy a summer picnic.

sheri.patterson
sheri.patterson

Fantastically gorgeous scent. Layering it w/Rose Splendide takes the nose to heaven & beyond.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

Petite Cherie is absolutely scrumptious; I love it. It's a burst of fresh, delicious pear fragrance, ripe and full, layered with fresh grassy notes, peaches and warm , creamy vanilla. I really didn't expect it to be such a luscious natural fragrance. From some of the reviews I was expecting a powdery , artificial and too-young plastic fruit type fragrance. What a wonderful surprise! I purchased the eau de toilette first, and love it so much I bought the Eau de parfume. It's beautiful. As expected, the Eau de parfume is more intense and has greater longevity, which I definitely wanted after falling in love with this. And it's certainly not an immature fruity concoction. It's a very classy, sophisticated fruit fragrance that comes across as both uplifting and vibrant. I love Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey, another lovely fruity floral in the same vein-not too sweet, very clean and fresh-but I find Petite Cherie to be (ironically) a slightly more sophisticated fragrance. Another classy find from the impressive Annick Goutal lineup.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

Review is for the EDP version. This is a luscious crisp not over-ripe chilled pear scent. Not a sticky sweet synthetic pear... Reminds me of the tissue paper wrapped pears we'd get at Christmas when I was a little girl.
This is cool and clean; a perfect scent for a hot summer day. I will probably go through this one quickly, since others have commented on the instability of the pear note. Hope it doesn't change too much, because it is really unique and natural smelling...a little like pear infused 7-up!

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

This is a lovely soft and not too sweet pear day time scent.

In my opinion a great office scent, ideal for spring.

Spritzed in the morning and could still smell on my skin at 5pm, although not much sillage.

Reminds me a little of Gwen Stefani's L (peach not pear).

Overall a nice scent, but for me not a wow scent.

Henriette
Henriette

This is a lovely fragrance if not overdosed.
For personal experience I ought to warn you all that this perfume does not have a long shelf life: when you buy a bottle don't think of treasuring if for months to come as - like a lot of other scents - it deteriorates itself.
Particularly the pear note does not age well in the bottle.
Buy from trusted sources where freshness of products can be granted, use and enjoy it as soon as you get a bottle!

moonflower73
moonflower73

Petite Cherie is very light, simple, youthful, and fun. Perfect for the hot summertime here in AZ. I get a slightly boozed pear. Very fruity and a little sweet. Not my everyday cup of tea but perfect for the days when I just want to keep it fresh and simple.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

How have more people not mentioned the MUSTY smell in PETITE CHERIE? Yes, it has a girlish, flirty flounce, sure, in all that fruit. But it's very hard to miss the bookish dank musty library in this! Also, it doesn't last. Pure and simple as that.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Just received this in a swap, and OH, it's amazing! It's got this subtlety to it that surprises you, very soft, very clear and effortless. Still unique, especially in comparison to the fragrances floating around with pear, rose, and vanilla.

This feels like a very natural scent, though still prettied up, which the bottle is certain to be a reminder of. Very charming, indeed. On the hunt for my next Annick Goutal!

aisyah syahirah
aisyah syahirah

i want this badlyyyyyy

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Petite Cherie, at first, is juicy. Sparkling pear, very realistic, even a bit gritty. Then comes a beautiful, light and apple-y soap note that reminds me of watching my mother bathe my brother when he was an infant. But then for a little while there's something harsh and metallic, not unlike the scent that came off of the same little boy's head when he got old enough to spend the day running through the yard.

Once that's over it goes back to the scent of a freshly washed baby and vanishes away shortly thereafter. Fun while it lasted, I guess? But nothing I would purchase.

EDIT: After taking my sample vial to work to show a coworker, I've changed my tune about this fragrance. There's something about it that I find simply enchanting, and would be very happy to wear this through the summer.

manta
manta

Ok, sorry to be a buzzkill, but I hated this one. I love pear fragrances so was ecstatic when told by the SA that this was a juicy, fresh pear in a bottle. Luckily she sprayed it on me before I bought it.

I only get the pear in the first two seconds, then it quickly and violently goes downhill. I don't know what the Johnson baby soap smells like but I agree with the soap feeling - acrid, pungent and somehow "synthetic". However it's also cloyingly sweet at the same time, a bit like old, bad perfume. It gets powdery to the point of smelling dusty and musky in a bad way, without any freshness or fruitiness left. Not for young girls at all, IMHO, not for anyone even.

I had to go home and scrub my wrists because I felt nauseated every time I caught a whiff of it.

zaynaz
zaynaz

This smells very nostalgic to me, like baby shampoo or those little 'perfume' sets I used to get as a kid. It's sweet and soapy and my husband described it as 'cool'. But it doesn't project at all and it doesn't last. Like infancy I guess.

I'm not sure what it is about Annick Goutal perfumes (or my skin) but they just turn into nothing on me. Even if this lasted a little better I'm not sure I'd buy a bottle, it's very pretty but it just seems a bit simple and 'cute' for me to wear. If I really wanted to smell this way I'd probably just use baby shampoo.

redsun
redsun

it reminds me of "lolita" that's so pure and naive.like a scent of 13-years old girl's. I love this so much.it may me fell my still young

miaou
miaou

I agree with the previous commenter - smells totally like Johnson's purple soap bar (bedtime or something like that)! I love petite cherie, got myself a 3,3 oz bottle today, and it is my 5th Goutal fragrance. I think the perfect woman for this fragrance would be young Brigitte Bardot!

amandaj1024
amandaj1024

On me this smells exactly like Johnson's baby shampoo. It is soft, clean, a little aquatic, a little sweet, but it also has a hint of bitterness- like when the shampoo gets in your mouth. Probably suitable for a young girl, but not for me.

sunnycocoloco
sunnycocoloco

This is very youthful. It smells like a shower gel. I get a lot of green ("grass", but not lawn-grass) notes, strong on the rose, and some pear. There is ZERO vanilla in this one; it is all fresh fruit and green notes. I imagine a teenage girl wearing this in a field of flowers in the countryside.

emo_onigiri
emo_onigiri

I wanted this perfume so badly. I heard how it smelled like "innocence", "a baby", "super girly"...all these words appealed to me so I bought the 15ml bottle and was so excited when it came. Maybe its just my skin(and the paper I sprayed it on), but this perfume smells like a peach wine cooler with like cilantro or something. Yes its soft but in no way did it appeal to my senses.

UPDATE: So it turns out that the 15ml bottle i had bought had gone sorta bad and I decided to give this perfume a second chance. I bought a sample on myperfumesamples.com and I've gotta say, it's not half bad. It does smell pretty clean and babyish. Definitely not one of my favs but I like it after a bath and the bottle is very cute :)

christianne1
christianne1

This is so girly, sweet, fresh, fruity and fun!! Reminds me of a clean baby. A clean baby also covered in pear juice. That you want to nom nom off her fat cheeks. I don't care how old I am, I will never be too old for this occasionally. It is a nice comforting bedtime scent also. I like to get my jammies on and dab a little of this on to sniff while I get sleepy. Yes, I am a freak. But this great big old baby loves this stuff.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

On EDT version i can detect much more pear... Which i love!
So comfortable and clean.
green notes + white roses = well balanced (fresh and luxurious)
A perfect choice for daily fragrance...
People will love to smell it around you!
S2

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

A girl scent that dominated by pear, it's not sheer like most of the fruity scents, it's soft and tender, easy to wear. There are a lot of apple scents, a lot of peach scents, a lot of berry scents in the market, the pear scent is rare to me.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Petite Cherie is a clean, fruity fragrance. I like it because it is not cloying or sticky sweet. However, it smells just like chilled fruit cocktail. The pear and peach notes are very prominent. Disappointed that this scent disappears an hour after it is applied. If you are looking for a longer lasting fruity gourmand scent, Annick Goutal's Eau de Charlotte is a better bet.

esteban747
esteban747

The pear and peach are spot on!
Smells so fresh, bright and juicy.
It feels like a perfume of a young woman, flirty and fun.
But then the grass and the rose interrupt this wonderful scent, transforming it into something boring, plain...not sure what it is, the fruits are gone and we are left with a strange smell, doesn't smell green or clean, not even musky. It smells like something dirty.
The dry down is a quiet musk.

What a pitty. The opening was beautiful, the rest was hideous.

Caramelle
Caramelle

I have the Edp version.It's a light fruity floral perfume.I am not sure whether it is more pear or peach,but unlike Edt, Edp is not a distinctive pear scent.One of my favourite perfumes for the hottest days of summer because it is very refreshing,cheerful and clean smelling and it's not too sweet unlike other fruity floral perfumes.Petite Cherie has some green notes and a tiny bit of rose on my skin,but basically it's more about fruit and musk to my nose.
I always need to douse myself in this one as it is so light.It's hard to overdose this beautiful perfume!

Oh,I have had my bottle for more than 4 years now btw and it's still fresh as ever.
I am keeping it in a cool corner of our house in a closet but outside the box.

leahliz13
leahliz13

I read about this perfume on a fashion blog I follow, and I thought the bottle was adorable. I researched some more and the description seemed amazing so I ordered a small sample from luckyscent. I really liked it and ended up ordering a 6.7 oz lotion from Amazon. I have heard some mixed reviews regarding this fragrance, particularly that the scent doesn't last long, which is why I chose the lotion over the spray. I personally think it smells amazing- it combines peach and pear and has a light, fresh, and very feminine smell. I'm glad I took a chance on this one!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I am becoming an Annick Goutal fan. She does the best true smelling florals that evoke such beautiful childhood memories yet are perfect for adult wear. This lovely scent came on a bit sweet at first, but then it began to smell a bit like poached peaches, grass and very watery and aquatic in a beautiful way. I normally do not like aquatic notes, but this evokes the rain on a garden with fruit and flowers, like a breakfast of fresh fruit in your garden where the air is still damp with rain. Just beautiful and to make it smell more "grown-up," I suggest layering it with Annick Goutal's Gardenia Passion. This is a marriage made in heaven.

khara3
khara3

Sweet and very soft perfume. Cannot stop smelling it all day. It lasts long on my skin. Great perfume

Stundevil
Stundevil

Turns very sweet on my skin. Mainly smells of peach and pear. Definitely might be nice on a young girl.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Wow! At first spritz, this was incredibly floral and just a touch fruity, now playful pear and zesty peach come out to play with hints of dark green grass and lots of pink rose. Impressive, very youthful and feminine, Petit Cherie is a beautiful, lively and uplifting scent that's just a touch feminine for this man. On a woman, this would smell divine. Ladies, check out Petite Cherie if you desire a fruity floral that stands out in a world full of cookie-cutter scents.

Score : 6/10 for a guy 8/10 for a woman. Projection, sillage and longevity are all spot-on.

Very plain on me, like a peach scented shampoo or body lotion. That being said, it's pleasant. Maybe not at this price point though.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Young, fun and fresh. I can see this being a very special gift for a young girl as a first perfume. On my skin it is clean and slightly fruity smelling, unfortunately it reminds me of dish soap or body wash. As a composition though, it is smooth and well put together. I look forward to exploring Annick Goutal's line further.

missliberty11
missliberty11

I've received a sample today of Petite Cherie. Curious how it would smell on me, I only remember it on a friend of whom this is the signature scent. I really liked it on her. Looking for a cheery yet feminine scent, Petite Cherie works a charm on my skin (for me at least). The pear note develops immediately and remains throughout the hours. There is only a light hint of vanilla that supports / carries the pear note. I've been wearing this scent now for two hours straight, and the pear note hasn't disappeared so far. Every time I try a fragrance of Annick Goutal, I want to make it my signature scent. But there are so many, and each of them tells a story and a beautiful composition. Petite Cherie is perfect when you are looking to smell nice, like the sophisticated version of coming out of the shower and smelling like it all day long. Longevity might be average, and sillage is medium too, making it the perfect go-to scent for mums with younger children or women whose partners might not like strong scents. I might ask my hubby to buy the full bottle for my birthday :)

mejohann
mejohann

As a young girl, there were these wild rose bushes that grew alongside roads and walkways in my Grandmother's hometown on the Baltic Sea. This is that delicious scent of ripe fruit, wild roses, grass, and sea air. I cried when I smelled this. It reminds me of my amazing grandmother and her home. Smelling it, I am filled with happy memories. Thank you Annick Goutal for making this.

I am cautious with Goutal as some of her fragrances do not work for me,as they have a certain dusty edge, but Petite Cherie is lovely, it smells sunny, the freshness is juicy, but not candy sweet, more a refined fresh juiciness , the peach is ripe and sunny, overall this is very French, like the scent could be telling a story, I like it. I have a 10 ml which is great for me. The base is soft and warm, a nice light spring scent. Annick Goutal created this scent for her young daughter, Camille, it has a dreamy, childlike quality.
I have EDT and it disappears way too quickly for me to purchase a big bottle, or it would have to be EDP

SillySue
SillySue

Lovely lovely lovely. Fresh and clean with some mouthwatering sweetness to it. But the keywords with this perfume being fresh and natural, this is not your vanilla-sweet sweetness, this is a light and naturally fruity sweetness. IMO this perfume is very work-friendly, non-imposing and all around a light and likable fragrance for all ages.

jamie.smith
jamie.smith

I was really excited to try this, but I don't think it's working with my chemistry as I smell like Lysol right now. Too bad.

freddinos
freddinos

Apologies in advance to the fans, as this is a negative review. Petite Cherie is not at all what I imagined. I get a very intense grass note, mixed with cheap shampoo and the smell of the tin can that once had pears in syrup in it. Unpleasant for my nose. Sorry:(

LuiLui
LuiLui

I love this perfume.
Big fan of Annick Goutal's perfumes. ;)

preskal
preskal

First time I tried Petite Cherie it was gone without a trace for less than 30 minutes. I was quite disappointed, as I liked the aroma. BUT it turned out that I have tried EDT and there was also EDP! The latter has an excellent longevity on my skin-over 5 hours! I instantly bought a 50 ml bottle!

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

A beautiful soft,sweet opening with pear, peach and powder. The smell of innocence and happiness. Then within a couple of minutes, I detect an underlying smell of sweat. Construction worker after a long day kind of sweat. It is ver faint, but detectable. After about 30 minutes, it dies down and I'm left with a soft pear powder.

antfarm
antfarm

Cute little girl playing in the grass with green-stained knees and a crown of roses. She is eating a juicy pear and paying no attention to it dripping down her arms. She uses peach shampoo and makes mud pies.

A very airy and natural scent that smells like being a child playing outdoors. The lasting power of the EDT and EDP are both very poor, so I purchased the lotion and honestly, it lasted longer and was less expensive.

chirobi
chirobi

I've been wearing my sample for the last few days, and I'm enjoying it more and more each time.

It's a sweet and tender fragrance that endears itself to you. I do pick up on the pear and green grass notes.

Like the brevity of youth it represents, its sillage is all too fleeting. And that's just depressing.

keiti
keiti

It's such a precious little thing, and I've noticed how wonderfully different it is on everybody's skin, like, the scent wants to give everybody their own personal trip.
On my skin there's just a brief whiff of that sugared pear which evolves into grassy, airy perfectness. Somewhere, there's the musk.
I love vanilla and find that perfumes based on it suit my skin well - although I cannot detect it in this at all. Maybe the fresh grass, musk and pear just blend to become a second skin on me.
It makes me feel free and at peace with myself.
Love you, my Petite Chérie!

Marsqwerty
Marsqwerty

So disappointed with this fragrance :( it smells like old fruit cocktail. Not understanding how this is such a high-rated fragrance. The peach blast is not a good one.

Liberty_Fizz
Liberty_Fizz

Lovely! I agree with a previous review - tinned pears galore! Almost like a fruit punch! The peach notes really appear in the dry down, into a water vanilla.

The freshness of this is addictive, nothing is quite like it. Unfortunately it doesn't last too long on me, but I adore it!

lupereira
lupereira

Addictive!! I can't stop smelling. Cute-clean-lolita-romantic-sexy scent! It makes me happy and light. Love.Love.Love.

LauriD
LauriD

This review is for the EDP. I'm not an educated nose.. But I know what I like!
So fresh and natural smelling. The only perfume I have found which holds & keeps the promise of pear. It's bright & happy, whilst still feeling warm, feminine & somewhat sexy.

Monny Monny
Monny Monny

Petite Cherie and Floret are such perfect scents: clean and innocent.... looooove them

Guest_stephanie.hamrick
Guest_stephanie.hamrick

Green, with pear. I really don't get the comparisons to "Maybe Baby"--this smells like the fruit, with a little rose in there somewhere. It's very fresh, more of a fragrance for walking through the botanical gardens than for meeting for drinks, but it makes me smile.

Also: re: the debate about Josephine vs. Marie Antoinette: there's no historical evidence that either one ever actually said the phrase. But it was enough that the people *thought* Marie Antoinette did.

zennia04
zennia04

my Petit Cherie", oh lala.. glad i'm doing my re-arranging of my fumes today and caught a glimpse of you.. I was reminded of the last time we spent together my Petit Cherie, it was summer of 2010, beautiful memories at the beach and some awesome places in the company of my loved ones and my kids.. you seem to be the safest & cutest perfume to wear when im around my little kids.. and so it's time to have regular dates with my Petit Cherie.. you shall be my regular company in the next month or so.

gigiletta
gigiletta

walking in pear orchard at mediterranean cost.very fresh,young and positive smell.i smelled violet ieaf but not at notes maybe greens+pear effect.not for very feminen or working women,i mean perfect for young and country style girls.long lasting and good sillage.

kylexora
kylexora

I received a 100ml bottle EDT of Petite Cherie as a gift. But, I dont really love the smell. Therefore, if you love the perfume, I have 100ml full to let go at great price offers. PM me if you interested.

wohnsheur
wohnsheur

I fell in love at the first whiff of petite cherie. It had been a hard time finding the "right-one" for me due to my sensitive nose. Trying one after another for AGES. This is it. I found it. However, the lasting power for the EDT was pitiful. Guess I have no other choices but to reapply from time to time.

Turtledove
Turtledove

Aha! I finally pinned down what this reminds me of. When I first tried Petite Cherie, it actually did immediately make me think of when I was a little girl, I assumed it was just the name and the concept getting in my head, but there was still a little something I couldn't pin down. Canned pears! (which is completely a positive thing to me, I used to love them when I was little, it's a very mild, sweet smell.) And the fresh, cool, slightly powdery grassy quality gives it a feeling like having a picnic in the garden under the peach tree, it is very young in such a charming way.

auror
auror

Fresh, clean ( maybe too clean :P Some people called it synthetic or detergent ) peary scent. Not sweet, pear and fresh grass dominated the composition. Wearable for all ages, I think. I am not sure to buy. But I think it smells so good on the sunny summer day. By the way I can't notice any peach on this

dulcette
dulcette

smells like a dirty peach bubblegum

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

It is sweet and enchanting. Very pretty and unashamedly feminine. I imagine pretty pink and baby blue petticoats and all things girly and sweet. It's a charming and elegant scent composed of fruity pears and peaches layered on a base of rose and vanilla. Shame it doesn't last a little bit longer. Whoever compared it to Gwen Stefani's L was bang on! Perhaps a cheaper option for those who love the scent but cannot afford an A.G?

Guest_crazysleek
Guest_crazysleek

@Deppaholic

I'm afraid your ignorance is showing, It wasn't Josephine, it was Marie Antoinette who said "let them eat cake"

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

Petite Cherie is an absolutely beautiful scent. Peaches, grass and soft floral notes were my initial impression of this perfume. It is very unique, I think. It's perfect for springtime. Very cool and airy, it's not offensive and it doesn't smell cheap. The dry down is lovely. You don't find many perfumes with peach as one of the prominent notes... I definitely recommend looking into this.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I’m not a fan of this offering from Annick Goutal. I wouldn't say it's a terrible scent, but it does absolutely nothing for me. Petite Cherie is a grassy, watery, and fruity scent. To me it smells like the syrup from canned peaches and pears (albeit in a watered-down version), mixed with some grass clippings. I was expecting something a little more natural-smelling and refreshing, but this has a rather artificial and cloying vibe that puts me off. Seeing that this has been compared to Gwen Stefani L - L.A.M.B. and Benefit Maybe Baby doesn't surprise me too much, as I found those scents to be a little on the artificial, screechy side as well.

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

I want to buy this perfume and spray it all over my six year old sister, but I don't really need to.Whenever I cuddle her and smell her locks I already am reliving petite cherie.I don't know how Annick Goutal did it.Something about the pears and the innocent greeness.Another fragrance I adore but cannot wear, it wouldn't fit me.Maybe when she grows up I will buy the scent to remind me of her sweetness.

itsmekahelle
itsmekahelle

I smelled this on the department stores and I fell in love with it. It smells young and fresh and girly!

So calling ut the gurls who didn't like this but bought it, I wanna have it! Haha :)

babypoison
babypoison

i love how grassy and floral this is, it never gets overwhelming, i like to wear it when i want something sweet and light.even my boyfriend thinks it smells good on me :)

photoboothique
photoboothique

This smells exactly like Laura Mercier Luna. It makes me think of a fluffy big pink bubble bath. So soft, if you wear this you will smell good, not of perfume, clean and fresh. Definitely girly girl scent with surprisingly long sillage for such a subtle scent.

goingblonde
goingblonde

This was just way to sweet on me.

I didnt get any of the Rose Musk and certainly not cut grass.
Not even a hint of vanilla.

The best thing was after 30 minutes the scent was gone.
So for anyone that likes it you may have to apply often.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Full disclosure: this isn't a review, this is the sound of me throwing up my hands and giving up on Goutal. I believe the perfumes are good due to the generally rave reviews but this is the third one that after about a minute develops a strong spice note that smells precisely like turmeric. While that isn't an unpleasant note it is just too weird with sugary fruits and sweet flowers. I'll assume this is chemistry but I'd love to know what precisely is doing that.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Sugared pears! Oh my I've been wanting to smell this for years and never got around to it. This is the epitome of girly! Yes sugared pears are what I initially get. If you have ever tried the nectar drinks at your grocery store(ex. Goya Brand) and you have tried the pear one, this is it all over again but a bit more sharp. It smells the way that drink tastes. A good case of your senses working together.

Though I like this, I don't see this projecting that far which means it will most likely only be smelled by someone very close to me . I recommend this for daytime wear.

beatrix75
beatrix75

ohhh heaven!!its soo beuthiful its so feminal soft nice angel smell!!!i am enchanting from all AG fragrances specialy this one and nimfo mio !!They are all so magical fresh and clean and real like the nature outh there like the smell of the forest or the ocean, sea, fresh scent of water !!!!thank AG for all the delicious scent

Daisy17
Daisy17

Unfortunately, i went to the shop with great expectations concerning this perfume. OMG it is awful.it smells just like SHAMPOO. i don t think anzone would like to smell like shampoo for 120 euro

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I hate this fragrance OMG this smells like "PEAR JUICE" I am starting to smell some niches and honestly,I haven´t smell any that I liked so far!! This is really sickening and annoying definelly not my kind of fragrance!! Blhec!!

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Petite Cherie is a very uncommon pear fragrance, juicy and mouthwatering but not really gourmand, if that makes sense. At first I thought it didn´t last long but I was wrong, the EDP does last over 12 hours, I must say, since I have sprayed it yesterday and still can feel it on my skin. It´s just not a shouting one, in fact it´s extremaly delicate as most of Annick Goutal´s perfumes, but not as close to skin as it may seem to be due to it´s softness. I believe it could suit men perfectly as much as it suits women of all ages. I like it so much, it is the kind of fragrance I think everybody should try.

honeyyenoh
honeyyenoh

I love this..petite cherie is the most natural smell kind of perfume that I ever have! I have this & Le Mimosa and so far annick goutal never fail me..this petite cherie smell so watery at first, just like a rain in a dawn and come the smell of grass after that which is the loveliest part for me because it feels so fresh like you are walking in a morning after the rain..it give a fresh dewy morning feeling, so lovely!the grass & peach is dominant for me & then it goes down to vanilla & a bit musky..the dry down is a bit normal to me but any how, petite cherie is still my first love..

icekat
icekat

It took me a while to finally get to testing Petit Cherie as for some reason I thought that it will be too childish for me. Well, I tried it this morning and I love it a lot. The fruits are done so right in this scent. They are natural, vibrant and beautiful. I was able to smell the sparkly pear without even looking at the notes, so I think it is the most noticeable in the composition joined by the delicious peach and just a touch of a rose. There is also a nice, luscious green note that I quite enjoy in this fragrance.

The scent smells like a lovely smile of spring, sunny and fresh. Petite Cherie is very happy and delicate perfume and I can see why Annick Goutal dedicated it to her daughter, Camille. This perfume will make a beautiful gift for young ladies or anyone young at heart. I just love how the sunny side of life is captured in this scent.

Overall score is 7.5/10. My only complaint is the lasting power. Unfortunately the scent disappears way too quickly for me.

atv315
atv315

I recognize that scents are different and change differently on everyone but I seriously got NOTHING but pear from this one the entire time.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Petite Cherie is a very sweet scent and in my opinion should be in the fruity gourmand category. I smell this and immediately think of candy. It's smells great..I just wouldn't want to wear it.

megansoong
megansoong

i have the vial sample of this and im using it up so much because i love it so much. It is really sweet and really my type of fragrance. I wanna get the full sized bottle if i ever get a chance to go back to that store.

Eilonwy74
Eilonwy74

Oh how I love my delicate, beautiful Petite Cherie! It quite simply smells like pears and roses, with maybe a hint of sweet grass. Very green, I feel like I should be wearing pink and pale lime when I wear this. Very much a spring scent. This perfume has a surprising endurance on my skin, and I often find I can still catch a whiff of it after an eight hour work day. Very unique and beautiful.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I liked this perfume initially, but I need a scent with some depth. I like that Petite Cherie smells like pear, but I need pear in the category of Burberry Brit, something that packs a powerful punch and meshes with my skin chemistry. Unfortunately, Petite Cherie does not do that for me. It's light, watery, and airy, and the cleanliness I originally thought was so lovely quickly morphs into a synthetic, almost Lysol-ish smell. I just did not love it, or even like it enough to buy.

Wega
Wega

Sorry, but my skin turned this to a slightly thick, buttery (?), plasticky, pear-grass mess. Also, it appears to amplify over time over the first hour, so I may be heading to the sink to scrub soon. I love fresh pear, but synthetic renditions just don't work for me. If you love standard synthetic pear scents, I think this one would be a decent choice, as the quality seems good.

I got no peach, vanilla or rose, just PEAR and lawn clippings. :-(
I do love AG Songes, though!

i don't smell floral or fruit... at all. this smells more like AG le jasmin to me unless my PC has turned. i'm not liking this at all. it's strong, pungent and also long lasting on me. i'm going to have to wash this off, i'm not liking it one bit.

noseattheready
noseattheready

I wanted to love this fragrance so much... the pear note, the fresh cut grass and floral mix...unfortunately, on my skin it smells like I'd just mowed the lawn! Very sad...
Ended up giving my bottle to my mum...and on her it smells just like I had hoped it'd smell like on me!

cryptic
cryptic

I've read that a Michael Douglas loves Petite Cherie, which I find a little surprising but very cool nonetheless. It just goes to prove that this fragrance appeals to the young-at-heart as well as the young. It is child-like without being childish.

The thing that I love most about Petite Cherie is that the peach and pear smell realistic, like fresh-picked fruit, and not as though they've been smothered in sugar and drowned in high fructose corn syrup. Also, the rose at the heart of this fragrance is subtle and ethereal.

As people have mentioned, PC does tend to degrade quickly, so if you love it and want it to retain its beauty, store it in the refrigerator.

Jeune Homme
Jeune Homme

To Jasmasid : to me Petite Chérie and other Goutals such as L'Eau du ciel have a good lasting power, which adds up to hours and not minutes. I don't understand...

maarija
maarija

The favourite of mine. Gorgeous.

jasmasid
jasmasid

All the scents from this label are HUGELY over-priced and have near-ZERO lasting power. So I am extremely surprised that the company is still a going concern!
Having said that, when you first spray on any Annick Goutal perfume, the first 15-minutes are to die for. It's like a movie that holds you spellbound for the first 15 minutes, so you're really glad you decided to see it -- and then it goes downhill into banal nothingness. Except that a cinema ticket is somewhat cheaper than a 50 ml bottle of Annick Goutal. If I'm paying these kinds of prices, I'll save that money for the Guerlains, Chanels, Hermes and Diors. So, thanks but no thanks.

AkimiOneko
AkimiOneko

It is true that PC does indeed have some similarity to the wonderful CSoJ. After the opening however, the differences become clear. CSoJ is much more floral, due to hibiscus. To me it had almost a 'red lily' scent to it. PC is much more rose and pear, more sparkling and fruity though less deep. CSoJ sinks into the the skin, PC positively radiates from it.

PC is not a 'little girl' scent, but it is an optimists scent. It has a 'look at me' confidence that is altogether different from dramatic orientals. There's a very natural quality to it, nothing synthetic smelling here. It is probably most suited to days and warm nights.

I have been informed that it is worth getting the edp for lasting power. I will certainly try this as it is now a favourite and signature scent.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Is it me or is this just a watered down version of Ce Soir ou Jamoais? To me the notes are the same - but merely enhanced in CSOJ?

Does anyone else smell this the same as me?

cherrykisses
cherrykisses

Has a Peachy scent with a mouth watering sourness on my skin! To me it smells beautiful, fresh, cute!

On my Bfs skin it smells like delicious pears and sweet cream! Yummy...

About 15 mins the scent has sadly started to fade...

It brought a smile to me...

Carabella
Carabella

I realize that at age 31, I am probably a little bit older than "Petite Cherie"'s target audience (or at least their target reminiscence) but for you grown-up perfume wearers out there, let me tell you what "petite cherie" is to me: it's the bouquet you find on the back of the pallette when you take that first sniff of a really prime Italian Pinot Grigio wine. Yes, it is youthful. Yes, it won't last long. Yes, it is very, very fruity, but--- it takes you to a giddy night, and, despite its frequent headiness- especially in hot weather- one that a youthful spirit will interpret as 'sophisticated'. It's the non-alcoholic, emotionally pure version of what's in the back of your throat after the first breath of a fruity Pinot. I love it.

Maman
Maman

This is a very straightforward peach-tea for me. I was in the Annick Goutal Paris shop buying a little something for myself when the assistant offered a sample of this to my four year old daughter. She was delighted of course! And to me it is just that, a delicate scent for a child.I was amused to note that Goutal describe Petite Cherie as a sexy, floral, I certainly didn't get 'sexy'! Pretty, Fresh and peachy- Petite Cherie disappears in moments leaving no trace of anything....

Louvenia
Louvenia

I love the name of this perfumes,petite cherie!Evokes memories when I was a little girl..My grandmother used to call me ''petite cherie'' and now this perfume..It does represent purity,childishness,playfulness,characteristics that children have. I can only recognize two notes in this perfume,pear and rose.It opens really fresh because of pear, rose comes later and makes it more girly!Vey nice and unique scent. Comes in EDT and EDP concentrations ,but Eau de Parfum lasts more and has more depth.Overall I really cherish this fragrance!

LORAFLORA
LORAFLORA

A very pretty scent - too light and barely there though. It smells like peach iced tea, then fades to green tea - then there's nothing.

It is clean and fresh and you will love it at first, but then you will get bored and wish for something longer lasting and more captivating. I went through half the bottle in a few months and then gradually stopped wearing it. I still have a bit to go... It's just sitting in my cabinet and I feel kind of bad because it cost a fortune!

If you like real French perfume that makes you smell innocent and expensive for a little while - go for this.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

Pure pear!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Ah, my little darling, what a lovely essay on pear and white flowers. The startlingly lucid pear note on top bears through to the soft floral glow in the heart. It's very sweet, simple, and charming, although I don't see it as much more than a teenage girl's perfume. Still, it beats the myriad of lesser celebrity drugstore disasters being offered to that demographic.

Guest_aquavelour
Guest_aquavelour

Sweet! Pear, peach after...V nice and girly though not exactly sexy? Reminds me of high-brow bath and body works scent, or maybe victoriaa's secret body spray. Much better as I said but still that "girl" scent. Not, "woman" which is what I prefer.

TillyWave

I've the need for a second review. This review will cover what PC smells like when the bottle goes bad! Yes, the bottle I've had for less than a year has turned!

The pear is now a muted sort that doesn't know if it's synthetic or rotten. The musty rose heart has skipped town all together. The beautiful vanilla grass drydown has been replacd by this vaguely spicey vaguely BO smell that is awful.

I can't believe my bottle went bad already. Will not repuchase.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

This fragrance evokes love; innocent, childhood love... The kiss of a mother to her little daughter, with peachy rosy cheeks, in an orchard of pears. Now imagine this girl singing to you, with her high pitched sweet voice, whose melody would be rendered at the highest notes in a piano (after all Annick Goutal was a piano soloist)!

Wear it every time you wish to be loved like that, to find comfort, optimism, and refuge in a motherly embrace! Life smells good, so wipe off your tears little princess, because everything will be alright...

And if you wish this love to last, prefer the EDP version!

Aureliev
Aureliev

Je me suis offerte la version EDP. Ce parfum est absolument magnifique, une belle poire juteuse, enfantine il est vraie, très estivale. J'ai toujours des compliments en portant ce parfum.

victory222

Unique scent, It's been created for a young women of 20-25..I cannot describe exactly how it smells..may be scent of liberty!
It was favoured to me when I was only 17 and didn't understand what a great thing I had!
There was a full bottle on my toilet table until half a year ago..
Now it's empty and I'd like to have another bottle of this wonderful scent..so I advise you.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Adorable!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Dainty, delicate and delicious. I enjoy this soft delectable somewhat reminiscent scent. I think it would be perfect for a new mother. The notes meet my nose and tastebuds with velvety softness. Nice balance of fruit-flower. Fades away too quickly though.

Migotka
Migotka

Annick Goutal fragrances are in most parts a miss for me- they seem to share this sort of powderiness than on my skin makes me think of old dust.

Petite Cherie is another one of those, it has this quite unpleasant dusty feeling to it. For me, for most part it is a sickly sweet pear monoscent, and although some might find it charming, it does not develop much. I think, although it is not listed here, it also has got a note of freshly cut grass, and I actually quite enjoy the grassy bits, but the sweetness of the pears remains quite cloying. I am still wondering how the nose behind it managed to make freshly cut grass smell powdery, one thing I will never find out I guess.

Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I also dont find it massively appropriate for little girls or teenagers because of the dustiness. I personally found it to be quite a dissapoinment, and certainly, for the price it is listed, not worth it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Someday, when I have a little girl of my own, I am going to buy this fragrance for her. Mama and baby can both wear this perfume!

This fragrance is sweet and peachy. It reminds me of cherubs, like the ones on the bottle, with their round little faces and perpetual youthfulness.

Nura
Nura

This fragrance reminds me of a child in pajamas preparing to go to sleep.
Fresh, very nice fragrance. You can feel the rose only a little bit, but the pear is so watery and juicy.
Wonderful, just wonderful.

Aliceinwonderland
Aliceinwonderland

A very fresh and comforting smell. Although it's supposedly for "child" women, I personally find it suitable for all ages and occasions, because for my taste it is perfectly neutral.

TillyWave

I had to redo my review. I really like this. Yes, the staying power isn't so great--I really wish I'd gotten the EDP instead--but it has so many changes and I adore the drydown. Like others have noted, yes, out of the bottle there is a full pear scent that is not too sugary. But this only lasts 15 minutes or so, and then you get the rosey heart. Then the drydown...vanilla and grass. It smells like the inside of timothy grass. The drydown is light but beautiful. I love this, but next time I'll be getting the EDP instead.

moly
moly

I love this fragrance, like some of you wrote, for its innocence and the power of memories. It is really like it was early fall and I was picking pears in the orchard for home made jam and juice. The day is bright and the fruit around me are smelling sweetly... Pure happiness in a bottle.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

This one seems to REALLY depend on skin chemistry.

I first sampled this before I knew anything about perfumes or basenotes - and I got a huge hit of pear (which I adore). No peach whatsoever on my skin.

On me, this is a sweet, rosy pear - 'cute' and 'pretty'. The type of scent women love because it's very girlie, but men can't stand (in my experience, anyway).

Poor, poor lasting power unfortunately. Crazy price considering this lasts only about an hour :(

teedee
teedee

peach! peach! more peach!

okay..a hint of powdery rose in the end.

that's it.

simple and rather straightforward. fits peach lovers perfectly. (i expect more sweet pears from this one actually)

Wombat
Wombat

I just discovered this and it reminded me of something that took me a while to figure out since it doesn't make any sense. It reminds me of sparkling summer days at the pool! There's nothing aquatic about this scent, but it's the essence of summer and flowers and fruits and happiness! It's sweet without being cloying or overwhelming, and it's a great mood elevator!

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

I love this fragrance, but it could be too sweet for some women. I smell peach, vanilla, and rose. No hint of pear, so I don't know where that's coming from. Nice, light, daytime scent. Might actually be a good gift for a teenage girl with mature taste.

I smell no pear whatsoever in Annick Goutal PETITE CHERIE, with all due respect to the many (!) reviewers who find this to be a pear-rich composition. Could it be the power of suggestion? I'm wondering because according to my carded sample, these are the actual notes:

peach, vanilla, fresh grass, musty rose

Key component: musty rose. PETITE CHERIE is a slightly sweet musty rose perfume. I don't find this geared toward teenagers at all! It's pleasant, but not compelling enough to add to my collection, given the abundant competition in the rose frag category.

I remain underwhelmed by Annick Goutal, whose creations strike me as overpriced for the quality, but I'll try a few more before issuing a final verdict... (-:

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I don't find it candy-like either: on me, it's a sugared pear, mixed with some florals, but not too sweet and becomes more floral with the dry-down.
I wouldn't say it's suitable for young girls only, many women in their 30's and 40's may find it wearable too. It's not offensive and good for everyday wear. Surprisingly, i experienced very good lasting power, which seems to be an exception for many of the Annick Goutal's fragrances.
I also received couple complements on this perfume, so I'd say it blends well with my chemistry.
Actually, I had a good deal on this fragrance, but I wouldn't buy it for the full retail price.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This is a really light, pretty scent. It isn't candy-like at all! To me, that suggests that this can be compared to scents like Britney Spears Fantasy or Lolita, and it can't. It's NOT gourmand, or an in-your-face fruity floral. Yes, first on it's pear (I don't get peach) & a clean floral soapiness. It smells a bit like a fruity white wine. But the more intense pear fades, leaving a blended mix of pear & flowers with a hint of green grass. It has more lasting power than you think - it just blends in well and is more subtle, because folks around me could still smell it when I couldn't as much. But yes, after a couple of hours it leaves a light, slightly sweet, powdery rose with a hint of pear, and it doesn't make it to the end of the day. The vanilla is light. Good for day wear, not for a night out. If you like "clean" and dry scents like the Philosophy line, it's for you.

LenaBel
LenaBel

It has a very strong pear note in it. I dont mind pear but pear in Petite Cherie is just too overpowering and synthetic. Considering the price I think this scent is disappointing, it lacks deepness. I also find it a bit similar to Nina Ricci Love in Paris, it also has this pear and rose in it which results in a similar combo.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Like being punched in the nose by a clown with a basket of fruit at a children's party. Revolting and annoying.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

It's very clean scent. Like woman after shower.EDT is lighter. I like it.

LoHaze
LoHaze

Im really in love with this fragrance. Its a playful fresh scent, and reminds me to a spring afternoon.

aliyya80
aliyya80

I would buy this again if they reformulate it to have longer lasting power. Other than that, this is unique.

kvety
kvety

I am not sure about this one.. Have ordered a sample from ebay, tried it several times but it is a bit too fruity rather than flowery if that makes any sense. smells somewhat of peach rather than pear...
My boyfriend likes it though...

MoietToi
MoietToi

Ah,Petite Cherie! This perfume evokes the image of a beautiful young girl who sits on a swing drinking pear lemonade and crushing rose petals between her palms. Why? First off it smells alot like something that reminds me of a English garden I think it's the rose. The pear is very juicy and fresh as it evokes the feeling of soapy clean innocence. Later Petite Cherie starts to grow from a little girl into a young adult. The reason for why I use that metafor is that the perfume becomes much less sweet and child like the longer you wear it and at the end it smells rather grown up.
Very beautiful!

It's easy to fall in love with a scent such as this. Classic yet simplistic, Petite Cherie has shown once again why I love Annick Goutal fragrances so dearly.

Although primarily fruit-based, with pear being the most notable accord, Petite Cherie proves to be quite refined and elegant, which are rare qualities in a fruity floral. I find the scent to be very rich and insanely addictive. My mother happens to love this fragrance with a passion, so it looks to me like I'll be buying her this for Christmas.

Petite Cherie is Spring and sunshine in a bottle. The refreshing pear note blended with rose, gardenia and peach makes this fragrance so very juicy and green, especially with the almost grassy-like note in the drydown.

Unfortunately, like many have stated, the lasting strength is very poor. I'm determined to find a giftset where a lotion and shower gel is included so that the scent should last a lot longer.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

EDT review:

1st: headache rose-pear
2nd: watermouth pear
3rd: 360º- Perry Ellis (in a soft way).

Yes... the dry-down is similar to 360º- PE. Both smells like Shampoo.
But, Perry Ellis is more rich and sintetic... Petite is more soft and natural, much more usual.
360º makes me think in something irritating...
Petite makes me think in something innocent, but adult...

The staying power is sad... after 3 hour I scream: "-Petite chérie, where are you??".
Oh no...was gone again...
=/

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

Such a lovely fruity scent. I don't usually like to smell like food (however I do love Strawberry Flowers..) but this is like, clean food. Clean fruit. Have wanted this for a while. Lasts for several hours on me, and I walked through a theme park today. :)

sjanira
sjanira

I'm not sure if I had gotten a bad one but it was a horrible smell!

Guest_enigmatict
Guest_enigmatict

Petite Cherie is the very first fragrance that makes me feel like a kid again. It is very pretty and smells like pear sorbet. If it doesn't last long, spray on clothes.

honeydew
honeydew

It's a grassy, clean, playful scent, altough my husband hates it (he said it smells like bug repellant) i still love it. :-)
Staying power is not so good (I have edt)

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I have loved this since it came out...i smelled it on a magazine insert and looked everyhere for it but could not find it (this was before shopping on the internet was big)...it took me 4 years to finally find it in a boutique in the pacific islands where i was living for a short time. it is still one of the most distinctive fragrances i have ever smelled....it is true all Miss Annicks fragrances don't seem to last long...it is also the only frangrance i have ever worn where men have actually stopped me to ask me what i am wearing and where they can get some for their wives/girlfriends.

Trvevil
Trvevil

When I took the bottle and sprayed to paper I thought how amazing cute perfume it is! Fresh floral with something like bubblegum like in it. It's all natural and it reminds me of my mum (don't know why... I'm not very 'mum person'). I read that this perfume has this tradition 'from parent to daughter' and I find it very cute- I would really be happy if my dad bought me one (imagine he's in Netherlands now, in Rotterdam- they have Annick Goutal boutique here '-'). I guess I should test it again on skin and then.. buy it! For summer it's perfect!
I can feel juicy peach with pear and rose and vanilla sweetness.
Would match a person who still has a child somewhere in corner of her soul.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I love the limited edition, aquamarine bottle that Petite Cherie is available in (though the paper tags really turn me off); I almost like it enough to purchase the perfume, even though I'm nowhere near in love with it.

Perhaps I haven't experienced enough Annick Goutal fragrances to truly appreciate a famous scent like Petite Cherie, but all I can say about this scent is that it fades very quickly on my skin and while it lasts, it's nothing more than a pleasant, sweet blast of pear. I tend to fall in love with fragrances that I've written off when I revisit them, sometimes years later; so perhaps someday this will smell sophisticated and unique to my nose. At the present moment, however, this smells like something that could easily be sold in a plastic bottle at Bath & Body Works under the name "Pear Blast." A touch of lactic milkiness could have made for a more captivating "pears and cream" accord, or a woody heart - a sandalwood or patchouli perhaps - could have taken the pear to a much more interesting level.

If I ever have a daughter, I may give this to her on her tenth birthday. It's very innocent and completely lacking in any sensuality to my nose; it's a beautiful fragrance for a beautiful child but utterly silly on a woman. And this from a lady who loves Pink Sugar! ;)

falovalo
falovalo

Yes, I smell pear, it's fresh and so very spring-like. It's clean and innocent and joyful. Young and old alike will love it. I expected this to be old fashioned due to the vintage, yet beautiful packaging, that couldn't be farther from the truth. It's sparkling and suitable for spring and summer or anytime you want to feel free and unfettered.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I heard this is the favorite scent of Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore. It is nice, fresh with a little bit of sweetness, perfect for spring I would say. The bottle is lovely.

Aalia
Aalia

Pear dominates this scent. The mixture with Rose is sweet, and endearing. The perfume feels thin and airy. One can think of a fruit orchard with all the trees rustling in a cool breeze with bright sunshine all around. One can also think of a pure fresh pear, dripping juice after a crispy bite. The perfume has heart, and the talents of a great perfume to give daydreams and whimsical wishes, but the perfume is so weak, the fixation is that of water, like raindrops falling away....

Spring25
Spring25

This is a charming natural smelling fragrance. I liked the grassy floral, pear scent but the entire perfume was far too light on me and did not persist for more than perhaps 30-45 minutes.

imgcas
imgcas

This is a soft, fresh fruity floral with a noticeable note of pear. It's a "transparent", happy scent.

As other have said before, it is pleasant but there is something missing.
It reminds me of some shampoo, maybe H&S, maybe Pantene... I don't know, but I have used one which smells exactly the same.

HuckleberryFriend
HuckleberryFriend

Hmmm....tried the EDT and although I really like pear it smells like nothing but hairspray on my skin :(

Mals86
Mals86

I love Petite Cherie. It's a little embarrassing to admit -- I'm a 41-year-old woman, not the pre-teen this scent was meant for -- but I do. I bought a sample for my young daughter to try, and the opening smells like turpentine on her. When I tried it, it was all juicy pear, moving into peach, with a sort of fizzy feeling to it. My favorite part of the experience is the half-hour when I get peach and rose at the same time. This scent echoes a happy childhood memory for me, that of sitting in the grass in my grandmother's orchard and smelling her roses. Although PC doesn't last very long, I find it extremely comforting, and often spray it on when I am sad or anxious.

Cherub573
Cherub573

This is the only Annick Goutal fragrance I care for. It is so fresh and bright. A get a very crisp peach (as opposed to a canned, syrupy one), fresh rose, and grass. It is almost a bit too grassy for me though, and the lasting power was not great. I think it's a great daytime or work fragrance.

margierose
margierose

Petite Cherie is a sweet but charming fragrance. Unfortunately it can turn sour so buy this at a reputable fragrance shop or site where the freshest supplies of the scent can be found.

essija
essija

At first it smells like something I have used to clean the house with. Orange cleaner maybe. I can't put my nose on it exactly but its very light and has a resemblence to a oven cleaner to me.. Not liking this, will wait a few min. to see if it changes. I rec'd this in a swap, so greatful for that I have always dreamed of trying Annick Goutals frags and this is the first one. Ok I know what it reminds me of now. It smells like a Kamikaze. Brings back nightmares when I drank too many of these, what a bad night.... Smells like vodka and Triple Sec. Not good.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Petite Cherie was totally "pear" on my skin. Very pretty, but very fruity and with below-average persistance. This is a completely non-offensive scent, very youthful and simple, for those occasions when you want to smell that way (and I do belive there are such occasions!) No mystery, no sex appeal. Pleasant, but this is definitely not an evening scent.

chance25
chance25

I love this scent so much. I enjoy it more in the EDP version, it has a stronger fruitier base. It's all warm peach and grass on me. I have a love hate w/ peach. It either smells like hairspray or a mixed drink thinking of classic Burberry and Maybe Baby for example, or it's just to dismissive to be considered as a note in perfume. Petite Cherie is fragile, slightly powdery, warm, charming and is an easily recognizable scent. It's a must for floral/ fruity lovers, and lovers of soft spoken perfumes.

PR
PR

Initially it smelled perhaps most interesting of all Goutal's perfumes I've tried, and I decided to look where it will develope later. First impresions summer time, country side, garden..fruit trees, and then definitely pear. Now I see I was right, and rose note here, explaines to me this strange side of a pear I smelled. But here's everything about pear, if there are any other, 'side kicks' here, they blend into this pear smell. Haven't seen this scent developing any further, quite one sided, but strange and pleasant anyway. I would describe it as a pear and punch smell

Eiza
Eiza

My hubby just buy Petite Cheries gift set for me. I really love the smell. I actually like anything with rose n vanilla. The smell stays on me coz I wear lotion on top of the perfume.

rebella
rebella

Much to weak, smells like nothing after about an half hour. The opening is fresh, strong and very fruity. Ripe pears and peaches, very nice. After a while I smell a delicate and tender rose, but then there is nothing.

If I put my nose close to the skin I can smell something sweet and some very light and clean musk.

For that money I rather prefer a fragrance that I can smell.

Nuppu
Nuppu

This one smells like many fruity L'Oreal shampoos, maybe ok for washing up your hair, but in fragrance, no way.

Definetly better for (very) young people, and they might even like it very much.

sophywt
sophywt

Petite Cherie is sweet, candy-like which is suitable for young girls ,or as the introduction on Annick Goutal website says, for "child" women.

It opens with a peach juice mixed with zesty soda water, fresh and young. but if spray too much, the smell will turn into some vodka or martini notes. I can't sense heady floral notes, and on me Petite Cherie always gone quickly. Sad about this...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Petite Cherie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Petite Cherie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.