Designers » A » Floral « Groups

Un Matin d`Orage Annick Goutal for women

Un Matin d`Orage Annick Goutal for women
dislike

yellow floral
Un Matin d`Orage Annick Goutal for women Pictures Un Matin d`Orage Annick Goutal for women Pictures Un Matin d`Orage Annick Goutal for women Pictures Un Matin d`Orage Annick Goutal for women Pictures

The house of Annick Goutal presents their new fragrance which is expected on the market in February 2009. It will take you to pleasant ambient of Japanese floral garden, which abounds in aromas and freshness after rain. This edition was created by Isabelle Doyen, who decided to accentuate gardenia aromas in composition of the new Un Matin d'Orage.

Assortment of the new fragrance includes characteristic flacons in pearl-white nuances, with a gold stopper and a luxurious flacon with a gold butterfly, on which gold flowers and name of the fragrance are inscribed. The fragrant collection is accompanied by perfumed body care products.

Perfume Un Matin d'Orage is composed of Sicilian lemon, ginger, gardenia, shiso leaves, magnolia, champaca flowers, jasmine from Indonesia and sandalwood.

Amalfi Lemon Ginger Green Notes

Gucci Bamboo

Un Matin d`Orage Fragrance Reviews

star127
star127

Amazing! I love it! Wet, fresh bouquet of white flowers like a poetry! ...a fragrance poem by Annick Goutal!

elenakoles
elenakoles

I first sampled this frag many years ago at Bloomingdales in New York and was not too impressed. At that time my favorite note was orange blossom... Now things have changed, and I am in my GARDENIA stage:-) I tried it again a few days ago and loved it! Had to have it! I had enough sense not to pay Fifth Avenue prices but ordered it instead, and am wearing it for the first time today. Lovely white flowers with gardenia leading this sweet olfactory song for me. So glad I "revisited this beauty" as another reviewer put it.

davide2111
davide2111

Bouquet di fiori bianchi più precisamente di magnolia, gardenia e gelsomino! Profumo da over 40, primaverile da mettere nel mattino.
Longevità 7,5/10
Sillage 7/10
Profumo 6,5/10

Revisiting this beauty.
Finally together with my very own 100ml bottle.
Every spray releashes hundreds of the freshest, most realistic, dewy, young gardenias.
I am in green, dense, exotic heaven!

edit: this went straight to my top favourites, it's perfect!

dyen
dyen

A beautiful fresh, wet and airy gardenia. Just gorgeous and heavenly. Sweet. Very classy.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I get fresh n cooling scent on its initial spray.the combinations of green leaves,ginger n lemon brings out the freshness n cool scent in this perfume.

On the drydown,i get sort of warm-smoky-florally-earthy gardenia scent on my skin but the citrusy-gingery scent remains without being harsh or rancid.it sits politely in Un Matin.that earthy part is from the gardenia flower which it is plucked together with its roots,stems n leaves.

But when i looked up on Annick Goutal official website,i found tuberose,vanilla n myrrh are stated as the compositions in Un Matin.i believe Myrhh that creates the smoky scent on my skin as i searched on the internet what myrhh is all about.in short,myrhh has smoky n balsamic smell.fortunately the smoky scent is not heavy at all.it is just nice n at the right amount.despite of the existance of tuberose flower in Un Matin,sadly i DO NOT get any scent of it on my skin.Gardenia flower DOMINATES the most.in comparison to Annick Goutal's Gardenia passion,i got tuberose MORE than gardenia even though the name of the perfume is kinda of "betray" like or not as promising as its actual name.anyway it is  basically depends on our skin chemistry.

Mine is the previous version of pearl white bottle n the box is also beautiful.Annick Goutal has done a great job.

[email protected]
jlp8707@gmail.com

Crazy for this one. I have about 5-10 fragrances that I wear often and this is probably in the top 5. My favorite part is the first 30-60 minutes--so fresh and floral, but I love it after it dries down. Lots of compliments.Nice and light for summer.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Fragranza inaspettatamente potente.
Sulla mia pelle un solifleur di tuberosa ricca, corposa, trionfante, in piena fioritura di primavera.
Qualche sfumatura di gelsomino.
Gardenia, nonostante attente ricerche, non pervenuta.
La tuberosa si stempera in vaniglia cremosa, un po' saponosa (aspetto che mi piace meno...).
Molto simile a Love and Tears By Kilian, anche nella persistenza e nel sillage importante.
Chi ama la forza stordente della tuberosa lo amerà.

P.s. : Ciao Mary, oggi siamo compagne di profumo. :-)

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This really does smell very like a spring meadow after the rain. It feels quite poetic and gentle, but not in a fragile or innocent way, if that makes sense

There's that catch-in-the-throat, fresh greeness, the scent even of humid soil. I can almost see the spores of plants floating into the rain-washed sky, flowers excuding their scent as rain evaporates from damp petals.

The jasmine is fresh, not indolic. Magnolia and Amalfi lemon blend beautifully, and any of the creamy or headiness of gardenia you might expect sems to underlay this verdancy.

Perfumes which give the sense of being in a garden are something Isabelle Doyen has a genius for. It's not simply about re-creating the notes of flowers and plants. I also find this in Ninfeo Mio, though Matin d'Orage is softer, far less green or (for some people) challenging.

I can't imagine a perfume more suited to wandering around a spring garden, or a perfume to wear when you want to smell like you've just had a walk in a spring garden! With Ninfeo Mio it's as though you've been rolling on the ground among bushes, whereas Matin d'Orage is more like the scented air has permeated your hair and clothes.

Evocative stuff!
Sillage and longevity seem moderate

la louve
la louve

At the annick-goutal-homepage is written,
that there is vanille in!?
... What do you think? Love Louve

dsty
dsty

I'm not a big fan of white florals, so on paper Un Matin d'Orage looks like I'd hate it. Then again, I was trying a lot of Annick Goutal scents, and this one especially has such a lovely name, and also I want to keep expanding my horizons, so I didn't want to pass this by entirely and I got a sample. And I'm glad I did, because as it turns out, I like it very much.

At first I was a bit disappointed that it doesn't smell like an actual thunderstorm, although of course it was stupid of me to expect that, given the list of notes (and if you think about it, what list of notes would a fragrance that smells like thunderstorm have? fire and water?). But then I realized it IS convincing as the morning after a thunderstorm, because only bruised flowers can smell this strongly, this...flowery? It's really all flowers, especially in the opening, very strong, realistic, moist-smelling flowers. They have just enough complexity and sweetness to them to smell like a perfume rather than like a greenhouse, these flowers, but they really are very, very "floral", very strong and very natural, which is where the "green" vibe comes from I think. I especially like the flower that's dominant in the very opening by the way, but I'm not experienced enough to identify it; maybe magnolia? Or is it gardenia already at that point? I'd like to find out!
Anyway, I was surprised to like it so much, but now I think that's exactly because these floral notes are as bold and strong as they are. This certainly hasn't that vagueness that I dislike in many floral perfumes; I like my scents bold and clear, although that doesn't exclude subtle or complex scents at all. I just like a clear profile, if that makes sense? And Un Matin d'Orage certainly has that.

As you can see this one made me think about my preferences and what I appreciate in perfumes, which is great for me, although it probably doesn't make for a very good review. I don't know if I'd want to wear it very often, it still doesn't really feel like "me", but I would like to get some of this, maybe just to wear in the spring sometimes and remind me that I can like white floral fragrances after all.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I'm not a big fan of gardenia, but this is a great fragrance. The gardenia is very noticeable, but is not overpowering, and I love the green citrusy opening. This has very good longevity too, which sadly is not the case with my other Annick Goutal perfumes!

Venusia
Venusia

Magnolia, jasmine, ginger, citrus all embraced in the most realistic freshly cut grass and wood.

I'd say a garden in the first morning hours after a ravishing storm: only survivor plants can act and smell so strong and convincing. Only they can celebrate life so beautifully!

Une chef d'oeuvre, tout a fait!

sjam3295
sjam3295

This is a gorgeous scent, and aptly named ("Stormy Morning"). For me, gardenia and magnolia weave in and out of a lovely soft, fresh smell of rain. Absolutely beautiful.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

This was so delicate in the bottle, so memorable, really soft gardenia and jasmine so difficult to get right, but put together very naturally here. Imagine my horror when on my skin, it faded instantly to the distinct smell of wet mushrooms! It was very unusual, and extremely unpleasant!

Thing is, I got a little on my coat cuffs, and it still smells delectable, just like the tester. So my regretful assumption is that this beautiful perfume and my skin chemistry don't go together.

andabri
andabri

Literally the first few seconds of this smell like magnolia! I was so intrigued to find out what the first initial burst of floral was since I knew it smelled familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it. Then I come to this page, see the magnolia, and it clicked. Too bad this doesn't last. After those first few seconds this turns into gardenia mixed with ginger over an undertone of fresh greenery after a rain with a whiff of soap. Nice and simple and beautiful.

I do have to mention that Annick Goutal fragrances typically last only 2-3 hours on me. This one is even worse, after 1 hour I can barely detect anything at all. Which is why I won't ever spend money it, despite how lovely it is.

mjb413
mjb413

I'm not a big fan of gardenia or neroli fragrances, or really any of the big, white, tropical frags. That said, I love this! It does smell more like neroli than gardenia to me and it's not shy. The part that bowled me over was that it seemed to sparkle! I've never thought that about a scent before but that's what came to mind when I sampled this. It's sparkly, sunny, happy, not at all heavy or sultry. It's a wonderful summer scent that makes me smile when I wear it.
It took a while for me to be sure, at least half a dozen tries of my sample before I shelled out the money for a full bottle. Once I did, I couldn't have been more pleased. I fall a little more in love with it every time I wear it and have received some great compliments on it. Sillage is strong at first, so I have to be careful not to overspray. Longevity is pretty good, at least 4 to 6 hours. I will definitely be keeping this in my scent collection.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Oh my, oh my !

This is such a lovely, lovely fragrance ! My first Annick Goutal is finally in my grasp !

Six months ago, I was at Nordstrom, walking by the fragrance department when I noticed the Annick Goutal bottles. I tried on a few on my wrist and the only one that captured me was the Un Matin D'Orage, I asked my perfume lady to make me a sample bottle to take home and I loved it.

Over time I kept thinking about the nice soft fragrance of the flowers, the unique dry down of the fragrance on my skin. Soooo gentle and feminine. This something I would wear around children !

Very lovely indeed. Gentle, not sweet, but fresh and crisp..with a slight musk.

Gardeniawhore
Gardeniawhore

Beyond Paradise light - for those that find the Estee Lauder to be too much.

miet
miet

I agree with HeidiLynn- it definitely seems like a neroli fragrance. The heavy green note with gardenia and jasmine create the feeling of neroli/citrus blossom, even if none are actually present. I'm not usually fond of intense gardenia, but the fresh greenness balances the sweetness. Goutal does that fresh, resinous green like no other...

StellaDiverFlynn

I was able to compare both the EDT and the latest EDP of Un Matin d'Orage side by side. These two concentrations are pretty similar in the opening: creamy dewy gardenia. The EDP feels a bit more intense and sweeter, but only slightly.

The major difference is in the drydown. The gardenia in the EDT gradually mellows into a soapy green ambiance, while in the EDP, it insteand becomes more luscious. The gardenia note in the EDP is still pretty similar to that in the EDT, but the tuberose nuance is also more detectable. Although I can't really discern amber, myrrh and vanilla, but they certainly add more heft to the gardenia. I would say the EDP is one step closer to those big florals from the same house, such as Songes and Passion, than the EDT.

On me, the gardenia in EDT gets lost in the green elements after about 4 to 5 hours, but in EDP it's more present even after 7 hours and the total longevity is almost 12 hours. The sillage of EDP is also moderate to heavy, espacially during the first 2 hours.

Personally, I still find the EDT suits best 'a stormy morning' with its brilliant dewy green elements accompanying the creamy gardenia, but its performance and the elusive gardenia do leave me desiring something more. If you happen to have similar feeling towards the EDT, you may want to try the lastest EDP version of Un Matin d'Orage.

Maodo
Maodo

A wet grassy garden, with flowers just ready to wake up, the morning after. Well done, Goutal!

Lana148
Lana148

Definitely perfume for white floral lovers. White floral mixed with bitter greens. The smell of the morning garden. Unique!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I don’t care what the listed notes are; this is how an orange grove smells, or at least the memory of an orange grove. I distinctly smell orange blossoms/neroli here, along with the listed gardenia (a very green style) and the lightest of jasmine. When I press my nose to my wrist or really focus on what I’m smelling, I also get the “green notes” listed—it breaks up the floral notes and keeps them from building up to an overpowering degree. It is calming and relaxing; it would make a great vacation scent. The green notes give the impression of lying on the warm spring grass under an orange tree; they lend an agricultural or pastoral note to this scent, so it is not a “vacation in Florida” orange grove smell, all slick and polished, the smell of asphalt and gasoline combining with oranges. It is quite rustic and authentic, more “vacation in Tuscany” than Florida; or maybe Florida in the 50’s . It is the green of a meadow, the green of hay just beginning to brown in the sun, the green of lightly crushed leaves. As the scent matures, the green comes forward and the floral notes recede softly into the background.

Sillage is light; in terms of longevity, it sadly seems hard pressed to make it to the 2 hour mark. I will have to reapply, which means my tiny decant will be quickly gone. Somehow, its very transience seems to suit the character of this fragrance.

(I see others compare this to a tea-scent and I absolutely can sense that similarity; I recall the first time I had Jasmine tea--the calming fragrance, the moist steam wafting into my lungs--and think the comparison is apt).

thecapn
thecapn

The fresh green notes in this make me think of Carnal Flower, but this is like a gardenia version. The name could not be any more accurate, it truly does smell like a garden after the rain!

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

Did anyone else have a serious problem with longevity here? After an hour, I had to put my wrist to my nose and sniff like it was my last breath to get the lightest scent. Maybe my sample was bad? It's very frustrating because, otherwise, it's a beautiful white floral.

ETA: After using unscented lotion as a base for perfume to stick to, Un Matin d'Orage lasted much longer. I had been looking for a good gardenia-based scent, and this one puts the gardenia front and center without suffocating the rest of the bouquet. The ginger and lemon add a radiance to the top of the fragrance while the jasmine and magnolia fill the empty spaces and the sandalwood forms the base. Now that I've figured out how to make her last, Un Matin is the girl for me.

spidola
spidola

Un Matin d'Orage is absolutely natural WET white floral smell. The aquatic note in the opening created by magnolia and gardenia, I guess, is so strong, that I unfortunately cannot stand it. These flowers seemed to be soaked in water. I tried to wear it 2 times, but I was suffering too much. It’s pity, but I do not detect lemon, neither any green notes..
Drying down appears beautiful jasmine and I like it much more, but this perfume is not for me!

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Have you ever had one of those blooming teas you brew in a clear teapot? Well, this scent is very reminiscent of the taste of those teas. Strongly floral, but very light. There is a hint of greenness in the background to keep it from becoming too heady. In the opening I did experience a hint of crystallized ginger and the "mint gum" note the previous reviewer mentioned, but those quickly faded. I sort of wish they had stuck around to make the composition more interesting, but it's actually rather beautiful as is. This would be very refreshing for spring or summer! It's one of the truest florals I've ever tried.

Tried this fragrance because of the magnolia and champaca notes. I can feel no of them. Gardenia note (not perfect, too) and green notes are more noticeable.

I don't like this fragrance.

elena788
elena788

I wanted to love this, but the gardenia in the opening was just too much for me. It really is lovely once the jasmine makes an appearance, but I found the whole thing just too sweet and too heavy. The lemon and ginger notes are not at all apparent on me.

miaou
miaou

Ok, this smells alot like mushrooms and green leaves to me. I love gardenia smell and i love goutal fragrances, but this one is just too specific and too far from real gardenia. Just not my cup of tea.

valenceis
valenceis

Gave this one a go at Nordstrom today. Yes it has the Marc Jacobs/Kate Spade/La Chasse sort of tart, almost fruity sweet white floral character. I used to love these types of fragrances. Now, I feel like I'm in a disguise when I wear them. I feel like I'd wear this to trick society into thinking I'm a "good girl", obsessed with being pretty. I certainly don't need anyone thinking that. I imagine a bride being attracted to perfumes like this, who knows. That is certainly one occasion appropriate for something so...universally appealing.

With all that being said, it's actually very pretty if that is what you want. Wonderful gift for your baby girl. Amazing first date perfume for younger girls and women who find power in being inoffensive. That just happens to not be my market!

StellaDiverFlynn

Un Matin d'Orage opens like a blooming gardenia under the rain. It's creamy and intense, as if it's enhanced by the rain. Some characteristics of jasmine and magnonlia can be detected though they never take the leading role of gardenia.

This strong gardenia phase lasts around 2 hours then gradually mellows. It seems to be linear. However, it takes a twist after about 5 hours as it becomes soapy and green. There is also some ginger-like spiciness that tickles the nose. This sort of humid spicy feeling matches the name perfectly.

The sillage is moderate especially during the opening. The longevity is around 7 hours. Usually I'm not very fan of Annick Goutal's floral offerings. But Un Matin d'Orage turns out quite pleasant to my nose. Moreover, it has some green aspects that I also find in some of their aromatic offerings and I'm quite fond of. A lovely green floral fragrance perfect for spring and summer!

username101
username101

I found this fragrance to be very enticing and attractive. When I first tried it on myself, it smelled familiar - there was an unmistakable feeling that I have smelled this somewhere before, and it was Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge. Matin d'Orage is more complex, and delicate version of the Bvlgari perfume. I was in an awe how the notes of gardenia, chempaka, watery, mineral ,citrus and incense like aroma were in such an exquisite, unique, and perfect balance. The progression of the unfolding of the scent is also very interesting. I guess it depends on the person who's wearing it, but the dominant note changes with the hours. It gives an impression of a light fragrance, yet has quite decent sillage without disturbing anyone around. If the impression of the fragrance can be personified, I would say a beautiful, pristine, exotic, goddess like princess from somewhere in the east.

jtd
jtd

Gardenia, like lily-of-the-valley, needs to be built from the ground up in perfumery. As fragrant as the flower is, it doesn’t yield a gardenia essential oil. Building a flower that combines elements of green, creamy, and umami is hard enough. Then to make it dewy should be a nightmare. Maybe it was for Isabel Doyen. But we don't see the sweat, just the smooth end product

Un Matin d’Orage does smell a bit like a gardenia, just enough to make the allusion. This isn't a gardenia soliflor by any means. The success is not just in the likeness to the scent but in the odd balance of forcefulness and frailty the gardenia flower suggests.

Using the ghost-gardenia as a launching pad, the image of a forest floor at dawn actually comes true. Because the gardenia's scent suggests both soil and plant it is the ideal basis for this olfactory image. The watery notes have an ambient feel: misty, dewy, even muddy. Very nice work.

I found an unlikely kindred spirit to Matin d'Orage in PG's Psychotrope. Matin's sweet-forest has a water-color version of Parfumerie Generale Psychotrope’s electric Jolly Rancher & leather accord. Both perfumes leave me with a very clear olfactory memory. I can call both of them to mind very easily.

from scenthurdle

littlepepperz

If beautiful, fragile butterflies could smell of something - they would smell of this.

To me it's a true meadow+dandelion+butterflies in a bottle. I was also expecting rainy+fresh, however this is very different. It's a different take on gardenia that I can appreciate - it is my favourite flower, however it's not my favourite interpretation of it.
I don't think I've ever experienced such a 'butterfly' fragrance before - a very interesting experience. So youthful, a sunny day in a meadow.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This smells like flowers and it should smell beautiful as it fresh floral and green. I know it just me but i hate the rotting cucumber note, is that the ginger I can smell.

abominable
abominable

I passionately love this fragrance. I grew up in the tropic where I could not wait to wake up in the morning and ran to the garden to sniff out the champaka and the ylang ylang flowers. Those of you who never smell the fresh champaka scent could never figure out what it is like. Champaka flowers bloom on a tree, a very large tree. The flowers are usually creamy white but I heard it also comes in yellow. The one I know is creamy white and the fragrance is unique and intoxicating. The moment I spray Un Matin D'Orage, that memory of champaka from my childhood rushes right back. This is what I first smell first after spraying Un Matin D'Orage. Its scent dominates the eau de toilette, followed by jasmine, ginger and gardenia. Alas, this fragrance even with a strong champaka start, does not last all day. The irony of it all, champaka scent lasts all day in nature. I love it just the same. Perhaps, I should try the perfume instead of the eau de toilette.

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

I like this scent, but it had very low sillage and did not last long.very delicate, earthy and watery. quite lovely.but fleeting and too delicate for me. I gave it to one of my sisters who is even more fair than me and freckled with a gentle timid personality, it fits her.

w.voermans
w.voermans

Wow, this is really a very nice scent. The name is absolute well chosen. Green, fresh, sunny and soft.
It has something mysterious.... It match so well with my skin and it makes me so happy. I like to use it in winter as well because it gives me a sunny and fresh feeling.

delilahcat
delilahcat

This perfume is nice but i cant say more than that. I cannot find anything wrong with it but for some reason it does not make much of an impresson on me. Its very light and smells like sweet oranges and peaches with some green notes too and some ginger. This i like but its a one layered perfume, in my opinion, meaning it does'nt evolve or change much on the skin. I find on me it comes across as a bit like sun cream, so a very summery fragrance. Id use it when i was in a summery mood but not an everyday or signiture fragrance for me. Having said that it is just as delightful as most of Annick Goutal fragrances.

finzi
finzi

This is such a wonderful scent. It smells just like the jasmin growing in my garden. It's not just a representation of the flowers, but the entire plant - flowers, leaves, stem - thanks to the lush, green, watery background to the rich jasmin scent.

I find this a lovely alternative to the heavy, overtly indolic jasmin perfumes I've smelt before. Soft, floral and fresh. Lovely!

daisyM
daisyM

To me this is an almost perfect copy of Beyond Paradise.

aschiffm
aschiffm

i like wearing this on spring days, or even sunny wintery days. its a nice freshness, kind of clean and dewy and a bit sad- recalling rain and wet flowers. Sort of vintagey and unassuming. quiet, calm, tranquil. Pretty subtle and clear.

its lovely, i usually don't like fresh smells but this has a wonder and nostalgic feeling about it that is very refined. i definitely get the jasmine underneath.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Reading through the reviews, I can see that this is a real chameleon fragrance. I tested some at Nordstrom's recently, and received a small take-away spray bottle to test at home. Smelling it on paper in the store, I was completely seduced and could have grabbed the blotter with my teeth and chewed on it for ages - yes, it's that delicious. This is beautifully green, spicy and floral. If you compare this with AG's 'Gardenia Passion', you'll note at how green Matin d'Orage actually is.

There is a strong aquatic/ozonic note in here (mostly at the coeur), that seems to replicate rain or earth. This particular note doesn't wear well on my skin, but it still doesn't detract from how nice a scent this is.

Another reviewer here mentioned that there is a similarity with the Jardin fragrances from Hermes (and I think the AG and Hermes houses share many similar traits) and it is true. Also, Matin d'Orage and Eau du Sud feel like sister and brother. Just for the heck of it, I sprayed some Matin d'Orage on one arm and Eau du Sud on the other, and they are wonderfully alike, yet still distinct fragrances; as though you were walking through a garden and passed a gardenia bush. It might sound criminal to some, but I think you could wear Matin d'Orage in the morning, and spray on a bit of Eau du Sud in the evening, and the dry down of the former would compliment the opening of the latter.

This is really beautiful juice. I think it is green enough to make it unisex, but I also think this one is VERY different on different skins. If your skin has an affinity to aquatic notes mixed with green and white flowers, this is your ticket to an exotic adventure.

AveParfum
AveParfum

It opens with lush, wet, gardenia and a touch of jasmine and fresh ginger. As it dries down, it becomes a simpler, more linear gardenia scent. While there is nothing really wrong with Matin d'Orage, I think there are better examples of gardenia, and I am not even a fan of wearing gardenia as perfume. But I grew up surrounded by large gardenia bushes, and I am very familiar with the scent. When it comes to gardenia I prefer Marc Jacobs Essence.

meugie
meugie

UN MATIN D ' ORAGE
ANNICK GOUTAL

Although this is not one of my favorites perfumes of the brand, there's no denying it takes the signature of the Maison: a floral/aquatic explosion in the opening, which predominates the smell of gardenias. I don't know if it's auto-suggestion, considering the box description or if it is really my own sensory experience, but there is no way to not imagine yourself strolling in the garden, in the afternoon of a muffled and hot day when, suddenly, begin to fall the very firsts rain drops and goes up the smell of wet earth, ozone.
This is a moment when the flowers exude more perfume. No way, all smells are accented by the power of water. And meanwhile the leaves extricate the smell of chlorophyll, which confuses with land increasingly wet. So, a wave of nature comes towards you snatching and getting you entranced. The rain liberates you of the weight of this very muggy day. As you are free of that burden, you breathe better and realize the scents surrounding you. Now you have time to appreciate their mutation caused by rain that falls more stronger.
However, this occurs in the first half hour of perfume’s life. But what I feel what happens in evolution (involution)? Well, the Shiso, that gives the fresh and green note, the aquatic sensation, is extremely fleeting and sandalwood comes soon, powdery, bringing back, in this case, the whole muffled and hot day. The odor of white flowers looks like they were saved in a book for long time. Suffocating gets it all over again.
What remains is the feeling of a well taken bath and every time we say it about a perfume can only mean one thing: that it smells like soap. I still notice a bit of ginger, which turns it in a white flowers soap slightly different from the others, but soap anyway. For me, it's scent to stay home and watch TV on pajamas.
Definitely not my favorite. By the way, is my less like of the brand and will not buy it again, but it worth for this half an hour of pleasure. I would like to extend the fresh and dewy feelings propagated by brand’s commercial review. It actually exists, but would like it takes longer.
As someone has already spoken here, I don't see this perfume as exclusively female. Incidentally, this is a topic that worth a very interesting discussion; I only let registered that people are more than the limitations transcribed into a mere label, created by a single mind. I have some perfume labeled as male and I’m praised when use them.
This fragrance has an excelent fixation (about 8 hours) and I'm wondering other fragrances of the brand could have the same duration. It is produced only in EDT concentration.
Finally, even there are already many comments of this perfume, with several in the same perspective I'm writing, I hope I have added something with my considerations.

A MATIN D ' ORAGE
ANNICK GOUTAL

TillyWave
TillyWave

I consider this to be more of a olfactory experience. Let me explain. In the first half hour, the following occurs on your skin:
1) A thunderstorm, which dumps lots of water everywhere
2) Flowers in a garden release fragrant pollens, and become saturated with water
3) Some flowers may fall, along with their stems, and they become crushed, releasing their essential oils
4) The electricity from the storm disappears, the sun comes out, and wet flower petals give off their beautiful perfume.

So those are the good things. The bad thing is that it's all over in a half an hour, and the rest of the scent lasts for a few hours, giving you a slightly herbal/slightly floral/soapy nice bar of soap smell. It's nice, but it is FAINT.

While I like this scent, especially in the first half hour, but I am really happy that I didn't pay full price for the bottle. The lasting power and projection are flat out poor. Please please try before you buy to see if this is worth it. I will not be repurchasing this.

candy-datura
candy-datura

Oh, this fragrance is feminine really? I tested it on my male skin, and it smells good for a man as well. I agree this perfume is a summer one.

huiyt
huiyt

(Unfortunately, I tested this one in a department store, with 84 SA around me...) When sprayed, it smelled very fruity, and then transformed into a strong floral, which I didn't really like as a perfume, although I appreciate the smell.

Barbie2
Barbie2

This is a really strong perfume, I am not sure of I really like it. I bought a small bottle of it, as I likes it so much in the store, but now I think it is really strong, probably the gardenia and especially the ginger.

Migotka
Migotka

I think Annick Goutal should change the name of this one. My suggestion: Un Matin de Dusty Gardenia. Although i admit, it does not roll of the tongue so well.

I dont know what it is with AG fragrances, but they all somehow turn more like soliflore compositions on me, and they all have so much powdery quality to them, despite all the green notes they contain. Le Matin d'Orage is yet another scent where the green notes smell somehow 'antique', more like grass put between pages of a book and left there for a century. I am not saying this must be a bad quality, there is something interesting about it.

However, LMdO is way to strong on gardenia for me. I'd love to smell it in my garden, I think it is a unique and adorable scent, but when you have too much of it on your wrist, it becomes a bit too much of a good thing, makes me a bit tired. And gardenia successfully overpowers all the other notes, before disappearing within two hours, not the most long lasting scent I have come across.

Cereza
Cereza

This opened on me first with burst of extremely sweet citrus notes followed by sharply green leaves. What I find most amazing is that I expected this to be refreshing, because of the citruses and green notes, but instead it is very, very warm. The gardenia plays perfectly together with the leaves and the jasmin here is not too sweet. Jasmin for me here appears well blended with the green leaves, so it seems fresh and very earthy.

I suggest to try this, it's surprisingly good, feminine and delicate and would work perfect in, maybe, spring, when it's still little bit cold outside, but the air has this sunny vibe.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

I tried this because of the gardenia note but the gardenia never developed on my skin. Instead, I got a happy warm southern peach. Very very slowly some greenery made an attempt to rise to the top, but it did not make it very far. Southern spring peach with a little green sums up this happy fragrance.

Annick Goutal UN MATIN D'ORAGE is essentially a gargantuan gardenia (GG) perfume with a few twists and turns thrown in for good measure, but the gardenia note is rather strong, so be prepared.

I believe that champaca and magnolia are substituting for what is often tuberose, but jasmine, another key note in big white florals, is present here as well. The spiciness imparted by the champaca is a nice touch, and there definitely are some notable green and woody elements moderating the gardenia as well, especially moving toward and in the drydown.

From the name, I think that I may have been expecting something along the lines of something in the Hermes UN JARDIN... series, but UN MATIN is a very, very feminine fragrance, as I should have been able to guess by now from my earlier AG experiences...

I like this slightly oriental, slightly green and woody, big gardenia composition and recommend it for gardenia lovers as an alternative to MARC JACOBS or KAI. UN MATIN D'ORAGE is spicier and more complex than both, with big sillage and excellent longevity on my skin.

Un Matin d'Orage is one of those really feminine and dewy white floral scents. It reminds me a little of Kai, however this fragrance is much lighter and more green.

This fragrance is most likely going to appeal to those that enjoyed Songes and Le Jasmin. The dominant gardenia note, while crisp in the opening, especially when alongside the citrus, becomes creamier and buttery towards the heart.

The gardenia and the other floral accords in this composition, smell very naturalistic. One can imagine an exact replicate of this scent in a luscious, Spring garden.

Un Matin d'Orage can sometimes be a little too one-dimensional, especially since it doesn't develop too well. The lasting power is also very fleeting which is another slight disappointment.

In the drydown, it becomes increasingly soapy. Not to an extent that it's unlikable, however it does resemble a somewhat generic bar of sweet gardenia soap.

While I do honestly like this fragrance, I would have aimed to improve it by making it longer lasting and perhaps more green.

celina
celina

This is a different face of Anick Goutal’s fragrances. The dirty- green- earthy notes are missing completely.

It is creamy, delicate and smooth. I can see it was inspired by the Japanese gardens or more exactly I can see the Japanese approach. There is nothing sharp or contrasting in this scent.

Composition as per AG's site: Sicilian lemon, green perilla leaves, ginger, magnolia, jasmine Sambac, Indonesian champaca)

I like the picks for the fresh side: sweet lemon and perilla leaves. I find perilla is better choice than mint or basil. It helps the composition and keeps a smooth line. The ginger touch brings an earthy spiciness to the dry down.
Champaca, magnolia and definitely Jasmine Sambac complete each other nicely saving the composition from linearity. They are the main players and create a big creamy white flower with refined and complex tones. Everything else is just revolving around them.

This is a summer fragrance, ethereal and exquisitely feminine.

8.2/10

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The first thing I smelled was a gorgeous creamy gardenia. Wow! It’s big and bold and very natural-smelling at first, but quickly deflates to the status of a small and subtle flower surrounded by a wet, green landscape. From there, it just sputters along with a little bit of gardenia and a little bit of green leafy things, subtle and weak until it completely fades away at about 2-3 hours. I never smelled the sandalwood that is supposed to be in it.

The gardenia at the beginning is amazingly realistic, but it’s unfortunate that it doesn’t last. What I have is the EdT, so I suppose it’s very diluted and I shouldn’t expect a small dab of it to last all day. Still, it seems like it should be possible to at least have some base notes.

chocolate
chocolate

Definitely Goutal, you know it from the first whiff! Fantastic gardenia opening, not bad staying power (perfumes normally 'slide off' me after about 15 minutes). After a few hours it still smelled lovely on the paper sample; however, on me it leaves a turmeric-like, dusty middle note I'm not keen on. Why o why?

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

This is the first time, i can detect the gardenia note so well in a perfume and like it,, not a great fun of Goutal's perfumes, but for the gardenia lovers this is lovely, not sooo strong, just nice, staying power not bad, about three hours on my skin. Not soo impressed but this can be explained, i am not a fan of florals.

KJanicki
KJanicki

Thick, heady, bee-intoxicating gardenias. Really beautiful.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Mmm this is gorgeous. Green, citrus, and flowery. Love it

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is seriously the first perfume that draws my attention after...a decade!!!

I was amazed.It made me think of the imaginary"nights in napoli"scent, mentioned in the book"The perfume"...

I strongly sensed a peach note,nowhere to be found above. I guess it's one of the exotic floral notes that includes the fruity aura.Ah...

An asian-culture admirer like me was only even more astonished to find that the perfumer's intention was to create the sensation of a japanese garden after a rain. (I think I'm gonna cry...)
I want it.I'll save money to get it.Period.

Trvevil
Trvevil

When you smell Un Matin d'Orage you quickly guess it's Goutal, if you ever smelled Goutals feminine fragrances like Petite Cherie or Songes.

Opening note is bright, sweet floral. Like tree after bad weather, when it's all sunny and flowers smell divine and more intense than in average good weather.

Sharp, green note is present in parallel - I can smell citrus (lemon) too accompanying it. This though doesn't spoil the florals but adds extra mood.

One other special thing about it is that 10 or 20 minutes after application you can smell Nuphar water lily.

Have you ever been on a boat sailing down your local river? Or just took a walk by the river? There you can find water lilies grow. Those yellow ones. I always wanted to pick those, because of their pleasant aroma. So this flower you can smell here in Un Matin d'Orage.

Lasting power is very good, projection as well - I sprayed 2 times and it's enough.

debbborra
debbborra

Sometimes perfume names are just something that marketing people come up with to get you to look at their product, sometimes they are perfectly descriptive. Un Matin D'Orage falls into the later category. It seduces with the soft wet smell of greenery after a morning rain.

This captures with absolute accuracy and poetry the feeling of spring. Un Matin D'Orage (Stormy Morning, loosely translated) is a light and lovely floral. Annick Goutal celebrates delicacy white flowers.

The only issue is the that it is not only ephemeral, it is also fleeting. The ingredients, while beautiful, lack lasting power.

This however, in spite of the lack of longevity may be the perfect spring fragrance.

Mals86
Mals86

I enjoy the opening of wet green leaves and citrus, followed by a melange of sweet white flowers. The drydown - a pretty, dry gardenia, and woods - tends to fade into nothing fairly quickly on me. Seems that it's got more lasting power if sprayed rather than dabbed. Lovely.

F_A
F_A

Yesterday I was testing Un Matin D'Orage. It opens with the bright note of gardenia flower,- it is fresh and sunny, and surely makes you wanna smile :) Then the scent of jasmine appears and grows stronger, making the composition more complex and non-linear. Interesting, as the time goes by I notice the light sweetness of mimosas in the middle notes though they are not in the pyramid.

It is a lovely fragrance for a sunny spring day, pity the base is very soapy on my skin. The staying power is good.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Annick Goutal Un Matin d`Orage fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Annick Goutal Un Matin d`Orage, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Un Matin d`Orage by Annick Goutal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Un Matin d`Orage by Annick Goutal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.