Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Diavolo Antonio Banderas for men

Diavolo Antonio Banderas for men
dislike

leather

Diavolo by Antonio Banderas is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Diavolo was launched in 1997. Diavolo was created by Rosendo Mateu and Alain Muraour. Top notes are mandarin orange, green leaves and bergamot; middle notes are patchouli, pepper and geranium; base notes are leather, sandalwood and musk.

Mandarin Orange Green Leaves Bergamot

Patchouli Pepper Geranium

Leather Sandalwood Musk

Hot Gold

Diavolo Fragrance Reviews

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

bought it yesterday. this smells great and nostalgic this is the ultimate nineties musculine/youthful fragrance you can get so if you have the chance to buy this then don't miss and do yourself a favor and buy and i bet you will go "hmmm...i smelled this one before" in a good way.

06/07/2016
look i've been smelling this for a couple of days now, and yes now i'm starting to understand why people are comparing it to Fahtenheit. It only smells like Fahrenheit depending on how hard you press your mind into believing that it's Fahrenheit. Wow we're such an impressionable species. not joking.

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

1997. You're about to meet the Devil (or Diavolo if you're meeting him in Spain) in order to sign a contract allowing you to wear his newly launched essence. Upon reaching the place where the ceremony is to take place, you realise it's a delapidated, musty mansion, not unlike the ones you believed exist only in old horror movies. You knock hesitantly on its huge ironclad door, thinking that maybe this wasn't such a good idea. The person that "welcomes" you is Antonio Banderas, dressed like having just left the set of "Interview with the Vampire". The whole place reeks with some twisted kind of veneration mixed with fear and muffled screams. You're taken to its basement, where the Devil, sitting in an elaborate obsidian throne, greets you heartily and addresses you his anointed champion. He snaps his fingers and a wickedly ravishing Melanie Griffith enters the scene and handles you the bottle...

2016. You're about to meet the Devil anew. The contract has expired some 10 years ago and you, in your everlasting quest of unearthing thunderous beasts of yore, didn't think of renewing it till now. But since you stumbled on a box including a 100ml Eau de Toilette along with a 150ml body deodorant on your last weekly visit to the super market, you thought of requiring his permission to wear his essence again. All the more that it had a 50% discount. You shamble to the place where you first met the Devil, only to find it derelict and forlorn. A bored doorman gives you the Devil's new address. You enter a shiny high-end office building and you take the glass elevator to the penthouse. Antonio Banderas, dressed in a tuxedo, like he's about to walk the red carpet in the Academy Awards ceremony, welcomes you again. You're taken to a vast airy office, where the Devil is processing fiscal data in a hi-tech laptop. He greets you hastily, and before delving into the screen again, he hits the intercom and Melanie Griffith, all vapid and tired enters the scene and handles you the bottle...

How does transmogrification applies to a monster? What does a monster change into when it becomes a darling? Is "transmogrification" a viable word when we're talking about something lovely, albeit profanely wicked that has turned into a politically correct reverse sacrilege? Why do I have to become a verbal funambulist in order to express my disappointment for the current version of an once mighty handsome beast? Why Antonio? Why did you leave the leather so long exposed to the sun and forget the pepper jar open for years? Why?

Farewell Diavolo. You took way too seriously this "devil in disguise" stuff, to the point of becoming unrecognisable and bleary. Oh, and I guess you grew tired of being in the details for so long, thus you thought that becoming blatantly inept was the right thing to do in order to meet the "brave new world" standards...

radi85
radi85

This is very strong pepper based citrus scent. I was very impressed of its longevity ang sillage the first time i tried it. I think this is the strongest scent from Banderas house. It really "fills the room" but you may not like it because the pepper note is quite strong.
And yes it does smell "devilish" like its name.

HORACIOAG
HORACIOAG

it´s a bad copy of HERRERA FOR MEN, even though DIABOLO is nauseating

Nitrib
Nitrib

Citrusy opening, with predominant dark spicy vibe. After few minutes, i get strong patchouli and light geranium note with some leather. Reminds of Fahrenheit. And not just as a copy, but with original, spicy structure.
Drydown - dirty, but not strong musk. Leather is still here, with warm woods. So it's balanced well. Not too spicy, not too musky.
Really underrated, deserves more attention.

Scent - 7.5
Sillage - 7
Longevity - 7
Versatility - 8
Price - 10

Georgeker
Georgeker

This one is a good cheapie. Has decent 4-5 hours longevity and projects quite well within the arm lenght for a good 3 hours. It does resemble a bit of the Dior Fahrenheit, and I wish it had a better longevity.

Reverie78
Reverie78

I would like to bite every man wears this!!! Very charming and mascular. I bought this by accident while I was searching for the feminine. I didn't wear it. My mom used to wear it and she was really impressed too.

ussyberry
ussyberry

I wonder where the comparison to Fahrenheit comes from. It's lovely though.

ZELJO

its funny this perfum is listened here as american when this is totally made in Spain, Barcelona, btw, and practically only available here...

Cassiano
Cassiano

I've already mentioned something about the prejudice that the latino audience has against the Antonio Banderas fragrances.
I personally think unfounded keep prejudice about any kinds of fragrances, brands, about origin and about the genres. In fact, any kind of prejudice is bad, isn't it?

This one brings me back (pretty much!) to Fahrenheit, by Dior. Despite the fact that this one doesn’t have the intense violet notes of the most famous brother, Diavolo can, with his own composition, achieve a similar and well done aroma, for an infinitely lower cost.

Created with notes of bergamot, mandarin, patchouli, pepper and geranium, it is dry, slightly spicy and does not transmit the so badly spoken "gas smell" of Fahrenheit, which is a positive point, because, upon arriving in the heart notes, we found more similarities with its notes of leather, musk and sandalwood.

A good cologne, a great aroma and an excellent cost x benefit.

roko
roko

Excellent fragrance for it's price.On my skin is very strong and lasts at least 3-4 hours very intense. Also i 've get compliments from women for this fragrance although is not so famous as Diors or armani perfumes! I strongly recommend you to try it.Also it fits for every age on my oippinion. My grandpa used to wear it when he was 60 and i also wear it now at 25! ;-)

ZELJO

the funny thing is than it was created, like 18 years ago, it had nothing to do with Banderas...

VintageDuneFan
VintageDuneFan

I don't understand why so many people in Latin America compare this fragrance with Xeryus Rouge. I clearly think it's a Fahrenheit Dior's softer and cheaper clone. This one is more wearable for younger crowds too.

Not one of my favs, but I think Diavolo is a good choice if you don't want to spend bigger money on a bottle of Fahrenheit.

Guest_crazykoffee
Guest_crazykoffee

When I re-invented myself and adopted a new life, I became a poor medical student in Eastern Europe. I had hawked everything I owned to study medicine. Consequently, cologne was a luxury I could only dream about and I made do with very basic aftershaves and splash ons. Funny story here: I found a 3/4 full bottle of this in the change-room of a beach house by the Black Sea one summer. Owner long gone. I kept it and tried it out. Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about his scent. I hated the way it's top notes smelled. Very musky. sharp, peppery and spicy, with this cloying sweetness and hint of combusted propane gas. However, the drydown was bearable. I noticed that females around me responded very favorably to it and it helped me land a date once :) It didn't project very much, and its longevity was on the low side. In about 4 hours, there was no trace of it on my skin at all. I was very stingy with it and it was the only cologne I would wear during a 2 year period. I won't revisit this fragrance again, even though it was a good attractant. One component of personal choice in colognes is not just how it smells to others, but how much pleasure and enjoyment you derive from wearing it. I'm happier for the experience, however and I will never forget it's uniqueness.

caiomags
caiomags

This fragrance reminds me of Fahrenheit, a pity this not has a good logenvity.

Senzadite
Senzadite

Spray this on clothes and Fahrenheit on you. It works well that way, believe me.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

I like it,it does smell a bit like Fahrenheit.
It's a good fragrance,fresh,it can be worn by anybody,anytime and anywhere.Longevity is good for the price,decent sillage for the first 2 hours.I've had expensive designer fragrances( D&G-The One,Bvlgari-Blv,Kenzo-Power) that had worst longevity and sillage but way more expensive than Diavolo.
If you like the smell ...it's worth the pice!
I like to wear this one from time to time,reminds me of my teen years!

rival.schools
rival.schools

its scent is so cheap!
when i saw it first i thought it'd be something that could bring loads of emotions at once, but it only brings cheap fragrancies - when it settles (if we could say that in this case) it simply vanishes: it lasts only until it evaporates #SO CHEAP!. totally dislike it. at least it's really cheap, still a waste of money though.

GabyE
GabyE

I always buy it to my boyfriend because I love him wearing it! It´s so masculine, sexy and at the same time sophistacated... and all these for a very reasonable price.
It´s a very well- balenced fragrance between/among the sweet and woody and/or spicy scents.
Men: wear it, specially if you feel masculine and secure of yourself.
Women: Please try to smell it on your man!It´s gorgeous!

guest_storyteller011
guest_storyteller011

This is the best perfume I tried and it became my favourite. It's almost hilarious how many times I got comment from ladies about how good I smell when I was wearing it.

guest_LAGUZZA
guest_LAGUZZA

PRACTICALLY A COPY OF THE DIOR FAHRENHEIT FOR MEN !!!!

nanoct
nanoct

this is the WORST perfume ever, its smells literally like crap, yes, crap, poop, whatever u wanna call it. When i tried it with my cousin we were astonished by the horrible smell, dont u ever buy it!

vdxl
vdxl

It is an ok scent, even for the summer. It is extremely similar to Fahrenheit, even the packaging if you notice. It has some extra cinnamon and pepper notes, but that's it.

nadenceto
nadenceto

the perfume of "mariachi e compagna" is very popular and almost every man has tried it. its oriental smell brings you back in Scheherzada time. My husband had it 2 months ago and he liked a lot. Maybe next month I will buy him another set, for St. Valentine

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Antonio Banderas Diavolo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Antonio Banderas Diavolo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diavolo by Antonio Banderas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diavolo by Antonio Banderas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.