Designers » A » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

dislike

leather
The Golden Secret Antonio Banderas for men Videos
The Golden Secret Antonio Banderas for men Pictures

The Golden Secret by Antonio Banderas is a new version of The Secret fragrance introduced in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Raynaud. The fragrance features a cedar note, amber, nutmeg, cumin, apple liquor, leather and black pepper. The Golden Secret was launched in 2011.

Mint Green Notes Apple

The Secret

The Golden Secret Fragrance Reviews

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I got this for my husband because I found it on clearance. I was familiar with the reviews for this, so I took a chance and got it. I really, really love the scent of this. It's sexy and warm smelling. It could be stronger, and by the time he coms home from work it has worn off, but I still love it. Next time I'll just get him a larger bottle and he can reapply as much as he likes. My husband seems to like it too, and he can be pretty particular about what he wears. The bottle is nice and overall I'm pretty impressed with this. When I met my husband he wore a much more expensive cologne and I hated it. It was too sharp and loud in a bad way. To me Golden Secret is smooth and sexy. Much more fitting for my handsome man.

trapjaw
trapjaw

A $12 blind buy turned out well. Never smelled 1mil, but this smells good. Yet im getting dizzy trying to smell it since its faded pretty fast on my arm now a few hours after putting 1 spray on. Which I do have a slight sinus cold. I do smell a sweet apple-ish note if I shove my nose in it. lol. I'd definitely recommend it.
ps. and to give u another idea of what the antonio gold secret smells like. to me its like if u mixed 360 black and white together
while making gingerbread men..naked.. with a donkey.
bouncing on a pogo stick..
yea, Antonio likes that.

antoneux
antoneux

Recently bought this at Ross for 9.99. Was a total blind buy. It's okay I guess, nothing amazing. I feel like it can be somewhat cloying with its intense dirty sweetness. It doesn't last long on my skin, after a couple hours its pretty much completely gone. It goes from top notes to gone in like 2 hours, I didn't notice a middle period. I guess you get what you pay for, for this one anyway.

This one gets a C- grade from me.

robori

im very impress with this, in a good way, its sweet, spicy and have a moderate lasting, i use almost everyday, i think its a nice casual fragrance that not scream for attention, its not stronger, i think its a sweet spicy casual soft mans fragrance

matiasjavierdm
matiasjavierdm

Sorry but nope. It's similar to PR 1M except that it is slightly less aggressive.
However, duration is awful at least on my skin. PR 1M lasts 8hs minimum while this lasts 2hs tops.

Budman
Budman

I must be the oddball with this one. I picked up a small bottle of this for $10 clearance. Excited because of the constant comparisons to the delicious One Million. It IS similar and close enough I'm sure many could wear this and whiffs from others will think OM. Maybe less of a hint of sophistication but very well a decent OM clone.

But on MY skin, after 10-15 minutes, I seriously get more of a URINE smell.

Yesterday I was wearing for first time around my wife and we had our toddler in the car. She was fussing with him in car seat and she was like "did you go pee pee in you pants?" "I smell urine somewhere". OMG I was right in my own assessment smelling it on my arm and now am even more self conscious of this. In the trash bin it goes.

warlockss

ok i am back with this one got my second bottle of this stuff , its simply amazing its a pure hidden little gem , the smell is like 1 million but not as in your face or anyone elses for that matter . its smells very refined and more balanced out and it does not smell synthetic as the 1 million crap does lol , bottle looks excellent aswell in person, it looks like its more expensive than it actually is . this also goes incredibly well mixed with ted lapidus altimar words cannot describe it when those 2 are mixed its just heaven lol

Deniro98
Deniro98

It´s definitely a decent copy of One Million and VIP but sweeter with strong blend of vanilla as well. I think is a good option because the price and the popularity of ones mentioned above.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Less "To the Face" version of 1 Million. Where have you been all that time!? What a GOLDEN SECRET. But No More, cause I have found it! Hahaha

warlockss

i think they should start supplying 1 million scent in the water supply , every man wants 1 million its the ultimate smelling scent that smells like it , maybe some chemistry in our brain is telling us this is the scent we all want and nothing else . this smells good , if you dont want to break the bank get this no one else is going to tell the differance and its cheaper too .

steve2
steve2

Smells great on my skin and it is better and cheaper than 1 million. Good buy

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing scent love it

Migalex
Migalex

Quite similar to 1 million, although not exaclty the same. It is noticeably different. It smells very much of sweet orange and cinnamon. It is very much a gourmand scent. It is much less spicy than 1 million and also has got much less if any Patchouly. I actually find it more pleasant. Smells to me of orange juice and biscuits. It smells nice, but I am not fond of gourmand scents. Even if I enjoy a sniff, I usually do not enjoy wearing them, as I do not enjoy wearing this one. I find 1 million quite cloying while the secret I do find pleasant. But it is too weak and shortlived. Staying power is even much worse than Spirit's, not to mention the silage, which is equally none. It is very cheap and I would buy it if longevity was better, but the way it is I consider it a waste of money. Also, I do not find it well structured, seems to lack a base and depth, very thin. The fact that it is Antonio Banderas does not add any more charm to the scent in my eyes. I do not have anything against the man, I just happen not to admire his style.
PS: I do not think the compositon listed above is right.

guitarravolador
guitarravolador

Beautiful fragrance.. would love it but it doesnt last on my skin. Might buy it again considering how cheap cheap cheap it is lol.

My girlfriend loves it yay!

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

Wow, i really liked The Secret but this one is even better ! The Golden Secret starts out with a blast of jucie green apple and a sharp mint giving the opening a a sharp freshness ! In the drydown the mint and apple tone down and the nutmeg and caraway come up with undertones of leather and musk which make this a spicey fruity fragrance ! When i wore this one day to the army on a cold morning some one told me i smelled like apple pie , and i do see that ! The progection and longevity are decent for the price, about 6-8hrs. on my skin. So if you like apple pie smelling fragrances , check this one out ! I Love wearing this in the fall ! This is a staple in my collection, my little "secret" !!

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

This is a sexy, elegant and chic.
My brother has it and OMG!! I just love it.

When you first spray it you def smell LEATHER, pepper and nutmeg, it's so obvious the nutmeg that is.
The musk anchors this scent btw. I'm surprised that it wasn't ranked. Maybe because i'm used to musk in my perfumes so i can sniff it out. I smell apple in it too.
What even surprises me the most is no one ranked MINT in this, come on people it's saying I'M IN HERE.
It's what's giving this perfume this freshness that can't be explained. I actually told my brother when he was testing it that i'm sure it has mint and when i checked it here, there it was.

My brother also has 1 million but i've to say that i love this more.....way more.
It's silly that people say they're similar yet they can't even make out that it's THE MINT in common >.>

kavi
kavi

I am more than impressed with this beauty! I had 1 Million a while back and I never thought Id buy another bottle. A friend bought this and explained it's resemblance to 1M, I never believe him (or others on these remarks because I find differences so easily), but this was in a whole different realm of similarity!!

I will simply say this is an upgraded version of 1 Million. Someone also mentioned this having elements of Lancome's Hypnose, another I also happen to love, and I do agree very much. Overall, this has gotta be one of my favourites. On me, longevity is beastly and projection was excellent as well, leaving a really nice scent trail behind me.

I will keep this as my little secret, or shall I say, my golden secret Hahaha!! =P

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

Just got it! Pretty impressed for the money I paid for it! the most cheeap perfume I have ever bought, I cold buy 100 ml for 20 euro...thats amazing!!

lee.wok
lee.wok

Definitely smells like 1 Million. Projection is noticeably weaker, longevity is alright 4-6 hours on my skin. I have both and I prefer the real thing.

layken39
layken39

whats the difference between this and the secret?

orestes
orestes

Another one copy of 212 vip & 1 million...... thanks puig

mirda
mirda

I would say it's like tuned down 1 million, less sweet and longevity is not as 1 million. To me it's more wearable and even better. I love the pepper note in it. And for the price it's a must have!

istateistate
istateistate

Exactly like one million but cheaper. Worth it.

pearhunter
pearhunter

Exact copy of 1 Million cologne. Bravo. Has a sweeter more Tooty Fruity Gum scent also. Very wearable1

periquito89
periquito89

A bit more timid than 1 Million, with some little differences as noted by the users below. Has the same spirit tho. For whom like sweet scents and wants a slightly variation on the traditionals as Pi, can be a choice. More close to 1 Million than The Secret.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

OFF TOPIC: @Sugarscent: Please don't use any kind of human perfume on your pets. It is harmful to them. Just google it or ask your vet.

mehrdad

با احترام
مهرداد

Sugarscent
Sugarscent

WOW! This is AMAZING! I am very new at trying to analyze scents so my description is definitely from the layperson's perspective. ((Rolling my eyes and blushing))

There is a powerful slightly sweet cedar at first. It calms down to a rich mellow amber with cedar hanging on. Very happy there isn't any powdery note.

This smells so good I bought a second bottle to spritz on my Shiloh Shepherd Zak. It seems most days I spend more time with Zak than my husband and this frag is something I am happy to smell all day!

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

This frag is GREAT, especially for the price. Very similar to one million with a nicer bottle. Smells similar to one million as well with slightly different top notes(apple standing out), and has a little pepper as opposed to one million's powdery spices. I hope they don't discontinue this anytime soon!

EDIT: Very rich and modern, and one of the best smelling frags ive smelled to date. I dont consider this hanging out with the guys/going to class casual. This is DEF for a date night scent/ special occasion( at least that's what I reserve it for lol)

dmoman
dmoman

Exactly the same as One Million by Paco Rabanne as scent goes, tried this at a perfumia. Projects about the same and longevity about as good but for the price you get more out of this than One Million as far as money goes. An alternative to One Million, try replacement due to how dirty cheap this is. If someone reconizes this scent they are going to think its One Million, you can just lie.

partan.iran

و یک جورایی شیرینی به اون اضافه شده
از کارهای پرفروش هست ، و خیلی ها اون رو از کارهای خوب 2011 میدونند

phase4
phase4

A hidden & cheap gem. Smells fantastic. Get about 6 hrs with this. Sure its no power type frag- so what,
smells dang good & so is the price.

Great fall/winter scent.

bp
bp

Absolutely spectacular.
One of the best perfumes of the year 2011.
Everything about this perfume is perfect.
And best of all, it's a perfume of high quality, longevity and good projection, which has a very attractive price.
I love this perfume.
I recommend it highly for those who do not want to spend much money and want to acquire a modern perfume, well designed and very stylish.

burgas69
burgas69

smells almost like 1 million and smells about 6-7 hours, this price is awesome!

moura91
moura91

If you dont have enough money to buy the original(1 million), buy this ... its exactly the same thing

krayonkid
krayonkid

Getting this, purely because i have gotten to love AB fragrances. Its notes do not differ much from original so I know it'll smell similiar to the original and 1million, but i'm getting it anyway :D

It's not as loud as One Million by Paco Robanne, but there is a resemblance I can see. Plus, I wanna mention Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme as well. Not sure why it's listed as "Spicy" because I don't get anything spicy at all. It's rather sweet. It starts out warm and stay warm and inviting and yet there is a distinctive freshness to it; probably from apple. Golden Secret is a very nice option. So affordable and smells good. No complaint here.

Odiee99
Odiee99

Just happened to be in Walgreens shopping and I spotted this on sale. A one ounce bottle for $13.99. I wanted to sample it but there were none open so I bought it blind. This is without a doubt a clone of Paco Rabanne 1 Million. This is a very nice fragrance. It is not as in your face sweet like 1 million. It is more subtle which is what I really like about it. It still reminds me of apple pie when first applied though, which isn't necessarily bad.

Longevity is around 5 to 6 hours, not bad. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes sweet fragrances. If you like 1 million but are turned off by how powerful it is you should try this. For $13.99 it was a good buy.

The Golden Secret by Antonio Banderas 4.18 out of 5 based on 142 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Antonio Banderas The Golden Secret fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Antonio Banderas The Golden Secret, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Golden Secret by Antonio Banderas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Golden Secret by Antonio Banderas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.