Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

cinnamon
leather
The Secret Antonio Banderas for men Videos
The Secret Antonio Banderas for men Pictures

Antonio Banderas launches his new fragrance in August 2010, named The Secret. Its oriental spicy composition was developed by Elisabeth Vidal of the Puig Perfumery Center together with Cristophe Reynaud of Givaudan. The notes of the composition are: mint, grapefruit, cinnamon, pepper, apple liqueur accord, tonka bean, woods, musk and leather.

It is available as 30 and 50 ml EDT. The Secret was created by Christophe Raynaud and Elisabeth Vidal.

Cinnamon Grapefruit Pepper Mint Woodsy Notes Musk Leather

The Golden Secret
Whisky Origin
Pure Black

The Secret Fragrance Reviews

theo.sudarja
theo.sudarja

I just bought. And payed $40. I guess I spend too much after searching through the internet.

I'll write my review later.

ariel.hernandezsoris
ariel.hernandezsoris

Bought it for 20 euros; can t speak good enough for this one!!! I´m a big fan of Antonio´s fragances. The Secret is very elegant, sofisticated and clean. It holds a very long time on me and everytime i´m wearing this people asked me about it and how good it smells. Lucky me i never seen this in Sweden so i feel like a king!!!!

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

I received a sample, I liked it, passed about 4 months and today I tried it again, it is amazing, oriental, sweet, a little spicy. Mint gives great freshness, you should try this. Ummmm, when you smell this, you feel adventurous and romantic, free soul... It's for men, but when I smell this on men, it's funny, cause it smells like women perfume. In drydown it smells like Valentina EDP like sandalwood with slightly patchouli. So I wear it.

daynierds
daynierds

I was skeptical when I was given this...but you know...never look a gift horse in the mouth...just coming from Antonio banderas...a mediocre actor by the way...was a bit tricky to me...however and even when I do not like 1 million..I have to admit they're quite similar...it has that vibe indeed and even when much cheaper...I cannot say it smells neither cheap nor dated...a nice affordable fragrance for a third of the 1 million price....

AndreiCristian
AndreiCristian

Scent 5/10 , nothing special , has a paco 1 million vibe , but the scent dont smell like 1 million at all.

Longevety 3/10 verry verry poor , only 1-2h on my skin.

Projection 3/10 10-20 min strong then verry weak

Overall 3.5/10
Pass it , i found this at 25$ for 50ml and over 30$ for 100 ml . You can find something more simmilar with 1 million , like cuba royal ... cheaper and much better.

KyleN
KyleN

I received this before, i had to order it online as you can't get it from stores here in the UK. I bought it due to people saying it smells like 1 Million (which is my favourite fragrance, but it's just too expensive), I can confirm it is basically 1 Million but more soft and not as intense with the sweetness and spices. It does smell good for the price, I will use this more and edit my review.

EDIT:
Ok so after weeks of using this i have to say it does disappoint. Longevity is no more than 3 hours and projection is good for about 5 minutes but then it sits close to the skin. Such a let down as this fragrance could easily overtake 1 million, it just needs to perform better.

Final thought: It smells amazing but it's very weak, if you like 1 Million give it a try.

cdresz
cdresz

This is a bold, masculine, young scent. Often seen in big box stores for ridiculous low price. Cheap looking bottle. Terrific sprayer. I'm out, and miss it. Definitely buying more, this is a bargain that smells as good as fragrances costing triple the price.

soufiane.fariss
soufiane.fariss

very nice fragrance for giving someone a cheap but nice present. smells a bit like one million, but a little soursweeter like it has green apple in it. When sprayed 2x/3x from a distance and walking trough the cloud, it smells almost perfect for half an hour till one hour. on thin cotton clothes it smells average-good and it sticks around like 5-7 hours . Better don't spray on thick clothes like a scarf!
I like the aftershave better because everytime you blush or get warm it produces that perfect smell without getting too heavy and this effect sticks like a whole day when not washing your face too often. I never got more compliments on any fragrance compared to the secrets aftershave!
It s a nice fragrance when you re at a place with not too much wind with people close to you, like at home,cinema, bowlingnight etc. When going out with it, combine it with the aftershave and you'll enjoy the whole night and a lot of people will notice the smell!!
You might consider filling a small diffusing bottle so you can reapply one or two sprays every 2 hours, because when sprayed more or too close from skin, it gets a little offensive for 30 minutes.

Gordoso55
Gordoso55

I like the warmth of this well priced frag. It has a similar hint of 1million.

Migalex
Migalex

I do not find it similar to 1 million. Similar to 1 million I find the golden secret but not this one. The secret seems to me to be a copy of Opium, if I may say so. Silage and staying power are next to zero though.

liiva
liiva

Warm, sweet, sexy, elegant! I think it is more for special occasion.
I personally hate all too fresh fragrances. All these pure, rain, cool..
So this is very nice and I like it. Similar to 1 million, but I do not think about it, because I like this too and maybe some other 1 million brothers. :))

Omega Man
Omega Man

For men? This smells like stripper perfume 100%. It is stomach churning-ly loud, sweet, and very feminine - especially for the first 2 hours. Skip this one and get The Golden Secret instead.
The golden one is much more masculine and smells terrific.

Similar to Carlos Santana for Men but that one is woodier. This isn't bad for what is is, a "black" lavender/gourmand. But there are so many! At least it doesn't smell horribly "synthetic." A nice, inexpensive party blend for the youngsters.

UPDATE: I don't get too much lavender here, thankfully, nor do I get a lot of the citrus, mint, and pepper. I do get the cinnamon and a bit of a liqueur quality, and it's just a little sweet. Soon, I get the woody/leathery quality (more leather than wood, it seems), and it's a touch musky. Overall, quite good for the price range (and not terribly "synthetic"), and quite versatile if you apply appropriately.

orestes
orestes

If you don't have much money to buy 1 million P.R. or 212 VIP C.H.,buy this fragrance,puig creates another one same fragrance.....

addict911
addict911

una versión mucho mas suave , vestible y barata del one million.no critico la calidad del one million mas su dulzura lo vuelve desde empalagoso hasta ofensivo, para uno y quienes lo rodean.en resumen: si eres fan del one million u los perfumes cálidos y espaciados vale la pena tratarlo. no decepciona y seguro y te gana par de cumplidos.

periquito89
periquito89

You know it is sweet. I like its start, probably more than 1 million. That's may be because I find it less loud, but in its not long life (I think that), it turns to something more close to the vanilla based scents I was used to smell (and I know this note isn't listed here). In this sense the middle and the base is a bit different from 1 million and Golden Secret. Yes, not expensive at all.

partan.iran
partan.iran

به دلیل وجود فلفل یک مقدار کمی بوی تندی داره اول که بعدا ملایم میشه
با بوی گلدن سکرت متفاوته کمی و یه جورایی اصلا شیرینیه اونو نداره
بوش واقعا خوشمزه و لذت بخش
متاسفانه دوام خوبی نداره اصلا روی پوست من

waine
waine

I love One Million. Why would I want another watered down version of this scent that has a slightly different drydown which may last half the time on my skin?

Generally you get what you pay for.

No thanks. I will pass on this one.

free_ion
free_ion

i'm SO NOT a " 1 million " fan ....

however, if you ever - for a reason or another- wanted 2 wear 1 million but u r like " OMG, THIS S TOO MUCH TO HANDLE!!" ......

then .. CONGRATS.... "the secret" would b the answer!!!

let me put it this way ....

1 million is the evil twin for the secret !!!

i don't like both actually ... but i'd respect this a bit more !!!

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

huele como one million, pero quisa con mas menta, mas fresco y menos empalagoso, es una copia del one million, podriamos llamarlo light million.

Falasca
Falasca

A good scent. Yes, it IS similar to 1 million. If you want a fragrance not so invasive like the golden bar, but with a very similar scent, that's what you're looking for. And the price is very attractive. Go for it.

Only con is about longevity. Lasts on me 4-5 hours max.

cyber861
cyber861

اولش که تست میکنیم یکم تنده و بویه الکلش زیاده ولی بعدا خیلی ملایم میشه.کاره متوسطیه.ولی خب اینم ارزشه تست کردن داره.

4m3n
4m3n

No es exactamente igual al onemillion, pero si bastante parecido, no soy experto en fragancias pero este huele un poco mas intenso, aunque es agradable.

Iulix_73
Iulix_73

Sweet and nice like Burberry London a cheaper option but surprisingly as good. 8.5 / 10.

moura91
moura91

If you think that The secret reminds 1 Million wait and see to The Golden Secret, already available here in Brasil.
Everything that miss in The Secret to be a millionaire Banderas puts in the Golden Secret.

PieRat
PieRat

Alrighty... I finally picked this up, and I discovered something. Which I also posted in my review of KISS for him. This is very very similar to that fragrance. It was the first thing that popped into my mind after I applied secret to my wrist and started to study the scent.

I have never smelled 1 million, but from what I am reading right about the reviews here, and what I seemed to have noticed from smelling secret, then KISS for him might also be another poor mans 1 million.

Interesting that KISS him came out in 2006, and 1 million in 2008. Granted I have not smelled 1 million as of writing this.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Another good fragrance from Banderas. Yes it resembles Paco's 1 million but Secret is better. I love fragrances with Cinnamon note if done well. The cinnamon in Secret is done well just like in Spirit (another by Antonio Banderas). I also detect floral notes though I cannot quite put my finger on it. Geranium maybe? The sillage is above average, longevity is ok 4-5 hours. If you like sweet men fragrances with a spicy edge this one will make you happy. 7/10 Overall.

lukkyme
lukkyme

well has any body smelt the newest version of this called the''golden''secret...it smelllllss soooooo good cant believe its drugstore stuff lucky us YAY

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

OK, I bought The Secret today, and i am reviewing it today , i got it all figured out because i have smelled this before , yes it HAS 1 Million DNA but def. not the same! it starts out with a blast of very sharp mint and grapefruit smells medicinal(in a good way). the drydown i get the leather,apple liqour and cinamon which make the drydown smell very creamy and elegant! I really like this one if you like ! million then try this one, youll probly like it ! i love this stuff and very cheap smells like it would be $45-50 but its only 1/3 of that price , this is an underrated gem ! i give this a 7.5/10 (very good for a celeb frag)

soned
soned

Got The secret for $9.99 (3.4 oz.) under the buy one get the other for $9.99 at Perfumania Puerto Rico. I believe the regular price is $29.99 for the 3.4 oz.. Yes, it is a tone down version of 1 Million, the first 30 minutes are virtually identical, and then The secret moves into a little different direction, more subtle, less projection. On my skin, The S lasts for 7 hrs, 1 Million for 10 hrs.
Now, my 1.7oz. 1 Million cost me $56.99. In other words, it cost me 11 times the price of The S. 1 Million is not 11 times better than The S, without a doubt. Nowadays, I use The S a lot, and just keep my smaller bottle of 1 Mil for special events.

My conclusion; if you like 1 Mil, buuuuuuyyyy The Secret,even for $30 bucks, it would still be a great deal.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

If you're curious, spy through the keyhole and you'll just see that golden bar... but without its all bright.

bagaceirababyy
bagaceirababyy

I know this is a man's perfume but it's so good, and lasts for hours! the drydown is the best, a little sweet but not to much. The musk in this is delicious too =D

twlahue

delicious

guest_Pedro
guest_Pedro

The Secret is very good!
There are some comparisons with 1 Million, but as antopan said, is too sweet. This is like version 2.0 of 1 Million.... it's almost the same but without 1 million problems.... so...
the secret ROX!!!!!

guest_Jesús
guest_Jesús

Los perfumes de Antonio Banderas están dirigidos a un sector poco exigente si de perfumes se trata y con escaso presupuesto, en lo personal jamás se me ocurriría comprar uno y no porque esté mal no, es por un asunto de calidad-precio-status. Este perfume huele bien pero tiene un PERO bien grande no es FINO mucho menos elegante eso se nota en los componentes del mismo, así que ya saben poco presupuesto Banderas.

juanma
juanma

Este nuevo perfume me deja con muchas dudas. Tengo varias fragancias de A. Banderas pero esto lo he evitado por mucho tiempo. Tengo que volver a probarlo junto con el The Golden Secret porque no se cual de las dos se parece mas a 1 millón. La verdad es que no quiero comprar algo que se parezca demasiado a otra fragancia. Para eso me compro directamente 1 millón.

guest_Ricky
guest_Ricky

It's perfect!!! Everybody loved and asked me its name... both men and women.. i recommend.

antonpan
antonpan

Finally tried it. As most reviewers said, it's a watery copy of Paco Rabanne 1 million - this is the truth. But you should take into consideration that The Secret costs 3 times cheaper than 1 million, but, surprisingly, smells more expensive. 1 million was too much for me: too sweet, too strong, too synthetic. AB The Secret is still that 1 million, but without all these problems.

Definitely, The secret is a good scent for those, who want 1 million without overpayment

krayonkid
krayonkid

1 Million was sickening to me, just smelling it from the bottle. Doubt i'll be able to handle this then.

Although i was a great fan of the mint found in Blue Seduction.

EDIT:
so i finally tested it. Actually, smelled 1Mill on a friend of mine and it wasnt nearly as nauseating as i remember 1Mill to be, so i went out and tried a tester at the cosmetics counter, and The Secret smelt good!

So good i now own a bottle :D it has average to good longevity and although it goes through its stages to drydown, the smell stays constant. I like it.

The Secret by Antonio Banderas 3.84 out of 5 based on 198 ratings and 40 user reviews

Sample
Antonio Banderas The Secret Eau de Toilette For Men, 1.7 fl oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
THE SECRET for MEN by Antonio Banderas SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
THE SECRET for MEN by Antonio Banderas SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
THE SECRET for MEN by Antonio Banderas SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE BALM 3.4 OZ
Antonio Banderas The Secret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Antonio Banderas The Secret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Eau De Toilette
Antonio Banderas The Secret Eau De Toilette Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Antonio Banderas The Secret Eau De Toilette Spray, 3.4 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Antonio Banderas The Secret fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Antonio Banderas The Secret, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Secret by Antonio Banderas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Secret by Antonio Banderas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.