Designers » A » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Agua Lavanda Antonio Puig for men
dislike

herbal
Agua Lavanda Antonio Puig for men Pictures

Agua Lavanda by Antonio Puig is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Agua Lavanda was launched in 1940. Top notes are bergamot, lavender and rosemary; middle notes are nutmeg and geranium; base notes are cedar, oakmoss, musk and tonka bean.

Bergamot Lavender Rosemary

Rive Gauche pour Homme

Agua Lavanda Fragrance Reviews

DoctorQuality
DoctorQuality

Agua Lavanda Puig seems -- not surprisingly -- almost entirely lavender, with an slight undertone of spice, likely to be the sage and cedarwood. The scent is elegant and simple, understated when compared to more modern compositions, The bite of spice keeps it, IMHO, from seeming too barber-shop-like or grandfatherly. I located a 2010 posting on SinatraFamily.Com by Frank Sinatra's daughter Nancy confirming that Agua Lavanda Puig was indeed Ol' Blue Eyes' go-to fragrance for many years.

Many other posters stated that the glass green bottle is more intense than the tall plastic bottle of shower gel. Accordingly I purchased the 100 EdC in the classic green glass bottle (from La Tienda, a purveyor of all-things Spanish) for about $20. JFYI, the glass bottle does not have an atomizer/sprayer. Rather it has an open neck, as more common with bottles of splash. So I've purchased one of those small plastic travel bottle sprayers to use to spritz on the product.

While I find this a wonderful scent, I am sorry to report it has zero sillage, instead clinging very close to the body. Further it is very weak in terms of endurance … after an hour, it's gone. That's in keeping with EdC being just one step above splash in concentration, and below EdT.

If this fragrance was available in EdT or stronger … and if it had more endurance … it would easily become my daily go-to frag. Even with its shortcomings, just the scent of it -- and the endorsement of it by The Chairman of the Board -- means you ought have a bottle in your inventory.

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

Great pure lavendel, a must-smell/have if you're into lavendel. Spanish classic, not a perfume but for refreshing in large amounts..

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

This is totally unisex. A refreshing clean, classic lavender fragance for the hottest days that suits equally well men and women. Yes, the longevity is very short, and the sillage is close to the skin but that´s the way you need it when it´s really hot outside and anyway when it´s between 45-50Cº outside, you don´t really want something that clings onto you too long, or something sweet and potentially cloying. As you´ll be having showers or getting into the pool as soon as you can, you will be reaplying often. That´s the reason many Spanish fragances are so very light in sillage and longevity and come in bigger, cheaper bottles.

joygrassman
joygrassman

I'm a chick and I used to wear this scent on days when I wanted to feel refreshed. It's very bright without being crazy intense. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

This is the soapy scent of all soapy scents. The lavender and bergamot smells from beginning to end. Very soapy and fresh scent all the way through. Not much sillage to it but I think it lasts and stays real close to the skin. I can't stop smelling myself. The body wash is just as good.

pronose
pronose

this was used to the favorite scent of frank sinatra! love it too

ZELJO
ZELJO

Nothing will refresh you more than this for its price,a real cold watee,wild river one,like a summer in a northern big green park or mountains

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

2ThumbsUP!! This may be uni but smells MANLY 2 me!!

If you're meeting your girl's parents for the first time don't wear the recent new "metrosexual" fruity scents, show them your intentions are sincere when it comes to their little girl!

Wear a manly OLD SCHOOL scent like AGUA LAVANDA!!

Úrbez larres.lardies
Úrbez larres.lardies

I own green glass bottle which is of higher quality and concentration as the largest plastic bottle splash , and is basically a smell very natural and intense lavender male without any problems.
Very fresh and intense but weak sillage and lasting as is normal in an eau de toilette

The green glass bottle is the same design since the 70s I love the retro bottles. I bring back memories of my childhood in the 80s .

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Don't let the inexpensive price fool you - this is a great unisex cologne, just as suitable for women as for men in my opinion. It comes in a plain bottle, but its an enormous bottle! The scent is relaxing and refreshing and has great longevity for a cologne. It's not listed in the notes, but I'm sure I can detect my beloved clary sage along with the lavender and bergamot. It's my favorite after bath splash, I always keep a bottle on hand!

theuntrainednose
theuntrainednose

This review is for the larger bottle of less concentrated splash fragrance.

(Possibly the version in the smaller dark green bottle is more masculine, I have never tried it).

This is a perfectly unisex fragrance, in my opinion. Lavender, in a fresh and green accord. Herby and delightfully fresh. Male and female family members also believe this is unisex. Here in southern Europe, lavender scents were very traditional for everyone and in my childhood we used to wear a lavender splash fragrance (not this one, a more floral one which has been discontinued).

Also delightful to spray your bed with.

The bath gel and the soap smell lovely as well.

Does not last very long, maybe 1-2h.

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

Smells like a plant. Great addition to your alibi that you actually went to buy plants for your wife or girlfriend, when you were actually out having an affair with that hot neighbour. It really does mask the smell of intercourse!

If you like plants, it's an easy 10/10, if you don't, who knows, that alibi might come in handy!

Wanderlei
Wanderlei

I have no words to describe the freshness and wellness this cologne affords me. Perfect for a tropical country like Brazil, but unfortunately discountinued, so I have to get it abroad, which I just did from Portugal. But I noticed that even though there's a bar code and another printed number on the label, there's no expiration date like all the perfumes/cosmetics produced here in Brazil. Has anyone noticed that? The one I got was from Spain, but I'm intrigued by the fact that there's no this information. Some say perfumes last almost 10 years depending the way you keep it (away from light, hot temperatures, etc.) Would anyone comment on that? I'd appreciate.

cyndie.lee1
cyndie.lee1

TOTALLY Unisex . . .and totally relaxing and wonderful! I am a complete Lavender junkie (I grow three varieties, wear pure lavender essential oil, etc.) and always having read that this is what The Chairman of the Board wore, I was always curious if it was super-masculine smelling or something I, too, could revel in. If you look at my signature fragrances, you will see, I like my OVERTLY FEMININE and SEXUAL perfumes, but yet, this scent is my second go-to (only behind Yardley's English Lavender) for "jeans and t-shirt", "office" or "bedtime". I absolutely Adore my ALP and think many women would love it, too! Try it Ladies! I don't think you will be disappointed if you love Lavender!

williamvargas

go to blue eyes. com frank Sinatra memorabilia page, they sell aqua lavanda on that site.
this has been around for a while .. gorgeous scent.

RobbieX
RobbieX

I love Lavender and this is one of the most natural smelling lavenders I have tried. Gorgeous, clean, fresh. Excellent scent!

ericrico
ericrico

A gorgeous lavender soliflore (both floral and herbal aspects shine in this bottle), from 1940, that has transcended time with brilliance, charm and grace. It is, undeniably, a beautiful scent that drifts you away to the fields of lavender in Provence. A light, but incredibly pure Eau de Cologne that is meant to be applied by being splashed on - liberally. Indulge!

I love how it wears on my skin - the floral aspect is soft and lovely with the herbal, slightly sharp greenness of the blade resonating through...providing focus. While it is soothing in one aspect, it is invigorating in another. One can expect the aromas to waft up for about 90 minutes to a little under 2 hours, but the first hour is where it shines the most...a soft skin scent after that.

Oh, how it layers so perfectly with Caron Pour Un Homme!! But, I also like to wear this in the mornings by itself, during warm afternoons and in the evenings after a shower. Aromatherapy in a bottle. I also enjoy layering it with other masculine scents (including classic Aromatic Fougeres & Chypres) - usually a nice application after a nice morning facial cleansing or shower and then apply the Aromatic Fougere or Chypre (EdT) about an hour or so into the wearing of Agua Lavanda, as it layers over - the nice lavender note is enhanced, but not overdone. In the evening, putting a nice splash on before bed truly helps you drift away to a restful sleep...

More notes are listed in the pyramid above - and I do smell accords within the scent, but this really is about purity of the lavender and one of the most perfect "scents" in the last millenium - timeless, charming and always comforting. It is lavender, done to perfection. Never cloying and as natural an aroma as one will have the opportunity to smell in this lifetime.

Muchas gracias, Puig...for continuing to make this amazing juice that we all get to still enjoy! A true pleasure in life. Salud.

There are only about five days each year when I begin to reconsider my anti-air conditioning policy. Yesterday was one of them; today was another. I really hate air conditioning because it makes me sick, and it reminds me of how irrational Americans are when it comes to the temperature of their living space. In the winter, everyone wants the temperature inside to be 80F; in the summer, everyone suddenly wants the temperature to be 60F. This was a real nightmare for me the year I spent in St. Petersburg, Florida, constantly moving from sauna (outside) to refrigerator (inside basically every space). But that's another story.

My plan today, after stupidly deciding to tough it out at home yesterday, even as it became increasingly clear that we were approaching the 100F mark, was to go somewhere, anywhere, for most of the afternoon, and that I did. After only a couple of hours in an air conditioned space, I was feeling much, much better and could really sense my productivity returning.

Unfortunately, the library closed at 5pm, throwing something of a wrench into my master plan not to return to rescue my cat until 8pm. I had left him in the coolest room in the house, with a big bowl of water nearby, and I knew that he would just sleep through the worst of the heat because I strategically treated him to a saucer of half and half right before departing. (As predicted, he was fast asleep upon my return.)

To stall a bit before returning to the sauna that I knew my humble abode had become over the course of the day, I stopped at not one but two Starbucks. I began with a double expresso washed down with a venti cup of ice water. I then proceeded to drain two venti cups of Tazo Passion iced tea (unsweetened--it's delicious). After that serious round of rehydration, I slowly made my way home, flung open all of the windows and turned on the fans before stripping down to nudity and splashing on some of my delivered-just-in-the-nick-of time Puig Agua Lavanda. Here's what the label of this eyesore of a green-capped plastic bottle reads:

"La fragancia de este Agua de Lavanda tonifica y relaja. Formulada con ingredientes 100% naturales aporta con su frescor una inmediata sensacion de bienestar."

True, true, all true! I am so happy that I took the plunge on this jug! (That was a joke: it cost $10 for 26 ounces, surpassing even 4711 in ultimate cheapness--I had scored 10 ounces of the classic German cologne for $12!) Agua Lavanda has proven to be a perfect splash-all-over-the-place-and-feel-better-instantly scent. The tenacity is quite good, compared to what I was expecting, so the jug is the way to go for anyone looking only for a solid hot-weather-functional fragrance. (I do not ordinarily wear lavender perfumes very often.)

This composition reminds me of Perlier Lavender bath cream. It's creamy and a bit green, but mostly just natural lavender. Now it is left only to decant my vast supply into a glass bottle worthy of the contents! Many thanks to Bryan Ross of From Pyrgos (aka Karlovonamesti, see below), whose positive review influenced this blind buy. I also have been happy with Puig's handling of the Prada line, so that probably influenced me as well...

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

After trying to figure out how Agua Lavanda Puig fits into a historical context, I've come to the conclusion that it was the go-to Mediterranean splash of its day in the forties, all the way into the seventies and eighties (unsurprisingly this fragrance has endured for over seventy years). From the nineties onward it has become a bonafide classic: a reference lavender with herbs and spices.

I very highly doubt Frank Sinatra ever touched it, but it's a really nice cologne that's nearly impossible to overdo. It lasts about two hours and leaves a crisp woody-lavender skinscent. Splash away with abandon, but use the formula in the bottle pictured above, and avoid the plastic version, which is a considerably weaker concentration. One notable feature of Agua Lavanda is that it works just as well in the winter as it does in the heat of summer, and I actually prefer it in the autumn, when days are balmy but evenings are cool. This isn't your average squeaky-clean lavender. Agua Lavanda is very smooth, very rich, and very much deserving of another seventy years.

williamvargas

nice to see this added!! has to be one of the friendliest fragrances I have owned, very light and a great smelling . very non offensive, very affordable on ebay, I have seen some very large bottles of splash available at great prices. excellent lavender fragrance, I discovered it many years ago after reading that frank Sinatra used to wear this. it does not last a tremendous amount of time, I have some in a large atomizer for refreshing. beautiful soft fragrance, I always get compliments on this, one of those that you can apply liberally to your body. good job for including this one. I saw it reviewed on base notes before.

DOTMASTER
DOTMASTER

thats a real classic, dad used it in the 70s and I got a bottle in my collection by pure nostalgia, fresh clean citric water

kl99
kl99

A classic "my grandfather's aftershave".
An old fashioned olfactive structure. Brilliantine style.
I bought for a few euros and immediately turned to my father!

alice_the_goon
alice_the_goon

An amazingly inexpensive scent (I believe I got my 25oz bottle for $15), sort of the men's equivalent to Jean Nate in terms of quality for price. A very refreshing, gentlemanly scent. Essentially this is a lavender soliflore, with some hints of green/citrus. Lasts about 2 hours on me with moderate sillage.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Antonio Puig Agua Lavanda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Antonio Puig Agua Lavanda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Agua Lavanda by Antonio Puig. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Agua Lavanda by Antonio Puig represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.