Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Quorum Antonio Puig for men
dislike

leather
Quorum Antonio Puig for men Videos
Quorum Antonio Puig for men Pictures Quorum Antonio Puig for men Pictures Quorum Antonio Puig for men Pictures

Quorum by Antonio Puig is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Quorum was launched in 1982. Top notes are artemisia, caraway, grapefruit, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, pine tree, carnation, sandalwood, patchouli and jasmine; base notes are leather, amber, oakmoss and tobacco.

Artemisia Caraway Grapefruit Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Pine Tree Carnation Sandalwood Patchouli Jasmine

Leather Amber Oakmoss Tobacco

Polo
Sung Homme

Quorum Fragrance Reviews

mrmattcat78
mrmattcat78

awesome stuff picked this up today at Ross i was bored felt like seeing if they got anything new in, they had just got 2 bottles in , so i got one quick , one spray and it was pure love , sexy, masculine , makes u feel like a real man with it on , sometimes i get so sick of all the new freshy citrus stuff or bubble gum smelling stuff , sometimes you need a real mans cologne in this era of safe scents

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Cheap...yes! Great-smelling...no! Sorry, I don't like this fragrance in any form or fashion. I'm jealous of those who love this inexpensive 80s powerhouse fragrance...but it is a disaster on my skin and offensive to my scent pallet. Shame, because I really do love a great-smelling, inexpensive, fragrance.

Mojtabaa
Mojtabaa

سلام

کاری است بسیار خوشبو.

چوبی، جنگلی و کمی تلخ اما وقتی میمونه کمی به شیرینی تمایل پیدا میکنه.

کاری است که الان خیلی کم گیر میاد.

بوش تکراری نیست اما مطمئنم بوی اون کسی رو آزار نمیده و اکثرا افراد خواهند پسندید.

توی این زمونه که الان یه عده دنبال یه سری اسم و برندهای خز هستند این کار می تونه شما رو از همۀ اطرافیانتون متمایز و برجسته بکنه.

اینم بگم بوی مردانه و متینی داره برای جلف بازی و اینا خوب نیست.

پخش بو و ماندگاری قابل قبولی داره.

میتونه 4 فصل استفاده بشه اما بهتره در روزهای خیلی گرم کمتر استفاده بشه چون ممکنه خودش رو خوب نشون نده.

trippy
trippy

tobaccoish leather and very aromatic, a bang for the buck ...incredible good juice!

Chaanah
Chaanah

A boyfriend of mine in the early 90's used to wear Quorum and I couldn't inhale enough - I love that smell even today. Its clean, freshness and manly notes are very appealing. I'm not sure if it was the guy or his scent that made me weak at the knees!

devrajsingh73
devrajsingh73

This is how i feel 'Christmas' smells. WOW ! A sniff of Quorum takes me to a lonely lane of a small town in canada on a late night christmas eve with snow clad lamp posts emitting warm yellow lights and frank sinatra's Jingle Bells falling in my ears at the same time.

pomusthafa
pomusthafa

Don't look at the price you don't get such classic smell with this cheap rate .in my wardrobe always one .good longivity and sillage.

Fonna2
Fonna2

Initially, it sprays on like the smell of key lime and readily goes into bergamot with lavender, then gets dirtier from there.

Dry down is earthy, a lttle green. Reminds me a little of tonic water mixed with forest dirt.

Not a bad scent. I do like it.
But I must say this. Being a mother when the whole Harry Potter thing came out, I bought my kids scented markers. One of those markers was titled "Dungeon Dirt".

Well, this is it.

roll4fun
roll4fun

Inner arm test at outlet mall store: "Quorum" strikes me as being a Polo Lite. The notes of both are very similar, only Quorum has less projection and longevity than the Polo that I already have. (2013 batch date on my Polo, Quorum tester was very probably a reformulated version, so we're comparing apples to apples here.)

The pine notes are very much the belle of the ball here, I really don't pick up the other notes here. The aroma is pleasant, if anything, "Quorum" has a softer edge to it, probably due to less patchouli than Polo, and no pepper notes. With a 100 ml bottle going for ~ 40% less than a 59ml bottle of Polo, there is some bang for $$ here.

All the same, I think I'll stick with my RLP's stronger projection and longevity for my pine forest fix.

velgasius

I tried to layer this with Lalique Encre Noire and WOW the results are astounding. Ever chopped down a tree before? Well this is exactly that smells like, you get that green vibe, moist, pine resin from quorum & EN gives you that cold, wet smoky wood feel. It's like a freshly chopped pine tree stump in the morning. The tobacco just blends really well with all those notes too.

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

Smells like a campfire of burning paper, pine trees, church incense and testosterone. In fact when Chris Cornell sings 'I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones' in 'Rusty Cage' he's describing the scent of Quorum. If there was a marine version of this Robert Shaw would have worn it in 'Jaws' and he would have eaten the shark. Primal. This is a man's man's man's stuff, not for modern 'men'.

LeBart

The longer I use it the more I like (love) it. This fragrance really raises man's spirit, a true mood lightener. I'm really happy that it's "dated", so I can enjoy it exclusively on myself. ;-)

Edit: It isn't so long lasting as rated. I believe that the original version was a killer, but this one is moderate. Great scent though.

richtea
richtea

A bit of an 80's Ikon for the powerhouse "knock em dead" big hitters
Nonetheless at a really cheap price you have a well made quality fragrance
Pine and Moss combining with notes of Patchouli and Deep Woods
Very long lasting with immense sillage
People will know you are wearing this one
Its Uber Masculine with not a hint of Vanilla or Marshmallows etc etc etc
Like Paco Rabanne on Steroids
A little dated now but still decent stuff
Use sparingly

"Scream if you wanna go faster !!!"

hadrian
hadrian

What a wonderful fragrance!
Old or new, classic/vintage or in a new release/reformulated edition, Quorum gives the same feeling - it exhales unbounded manliness, day or night.
A legend of the 80' for the man of today.
Manly, fresh, easy on the wallet without being cheap as a smell.
A very good staying power on your skin - and that's a fortunate detail if you'll like it.
Had you any intimate relation with scents as Yatagan, Antaeus, Azzaro PH, Kouros or Aramis? Welcome to the club.
I'll bet you will like Quorum.
Quorum it's one of those perfumes who will easily get a deserved 9/10.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

The opening of QUORUM is my favorite. This is definitely a mans-man smell. A classic power-house. Every woman that's smelt this on me dislikes it... but I don't care... It's just for me. Last all day too.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: moderate.
LONGEVITY: excellent.
SCENT: green/floral.
VALUE FOR MONEY: great.

OVERALL: 7.5/10
---------------------------------------------

@ian85

Thanks mate.

ian85
ian85

I agree with you, LeBart! Pigs are not those we think they are... And Quorum has a stong personnality which I like very much.

@riffjim4069

You're so wrong about this one. Cheap? Yes, but not cheap smelling. Synthetic? Give me a break. :-) It is more natural smelling fragrance than 90% of the expensive snobbish splashes. Your comment about pigs just proves that animals are much better beings than "humans" in the most of the cases. :-)

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

This is my rainy day fragrance...whenever rain is pouring down I reach for my bottle of Quorum and it makes my day a lot more pleasant ...it actually smells wet green, wet woody, wet herbal etc...so very natural smelling ! You can say it's a tiny bit (not more !!) retro so it's perhaps more for people >30 but there is no law against wearing classics under 30.
Enjoy this one folks !

STEVIE71

I have both version of this, the new version is still nice and powerful but it is not until you smell the original version of this that you find out it is like night and day, the original version will last all day and not for the faint hearted, I would also say it is a mature mens fragrance, so If you want a fragrance last will last from morning to night this is the one, similar longevity to Kouros.

==This review is for the 2014 version=====

Opens up with that familiar blast that all classic fougeres have. Very much like beer, cold, green. For the first 2 to 3 hours you'll get this thick, rich, dominant balsamic spices that is shrouded with very smooth tobacco and leather. The tobacco and leather is not overwhelming. You can really smell the pine, it's right there. Imagine holding a bundle of pine leaves and then cutting them with a knife, put em up to your nose and you'll get that moist, sappy, bitter green smell (smells very realistic). After the 4th hour you'll get this very green (less spicy, more piny), balsamic scent blended with the tobacco & leather which is still in the same amounts. Throughout the transformations Quorum is never dry, it is very balsamic and moist.
Back then people of all ages wore stuff like this, which is why you'd probably get the idea of this smelling dated. Just like everything else, you'll rock this if you know how to wear it. Please don't overspray or you'll offend people, like every cologne.

Lasts all day easily.
Projection's just perfect, not too much but not a skin scent either. It exploded for the first 3 hours and then radiates to an arm's length and it goes down VERY slowly. I sprayed it twice on both sides of my neck and once on my chest at 8 PM and by 8 AM in the morning I woke up to it's smell and I still smell it clearly as I walked around my house.
I recommend that you buy it since it's cheap. You get what you pay for with the bottle and the box (sprayer works great btw), but the juice inside is priceless ( I actually like the bottle, looks like a really old, sturdy skyscraper). Synthetic? Far from it, it's one of the most natural colognes I've ever smelt.

ShotsK
ShotsK

I'm reviewing this after 3 wears. I didn't try this one when it first came out in the 80s, I found this to be inexpensive and it was a blind buy. I had to wear it twice before I could say I like it. As someone who experienced the 70s first hand I have to say it has a 70s feel even though it came out in early 80s. It lasts on my skin over 24hrs. Not sweet at all, but a light powdery feel with leather in the dry down. It grows on me, no not like a mole, what I mean is I like it more with each wearing. No sweetness is involved which is refreshing.

brucifer
brucifer

This smells great but does anyone else think it smells similar to the original Aramis?

missan

I agree it is still very good, but it used to be a masterpiece, now it isn´t IMO.

It does not smell like Drakkar Noir, Z14 and very much not like Zino at all btw.

vonMises

The more fragrances I become familiar with, the more I realize Quorum is quite a gem, and maybe even a masterpiece. Because it is not an expensive fragrance, it is too easily disregarded. But this is a serious contender for having a permanent place in history.

jo.pinto@rediffmail.com
jo.pinto@rediffmail.com

Woody and green cologne, it has a monster projection and good longevity. Hence 2 to 4 sprays are good. Do not over-spray it, it may choke another person

Someone standing even 10 feet would get this smell. I like the smell, as it is a classic powerhouse. It smells like Davidoff Zino, Halston Z14 and Drakkar Noir.

zinski19901
zinski19901

This cologne is great. I thought it wouldn't be all that due to price but it certainly proved me wrong. The woody scent is the right type for me and it lasts a long time on my skin which is hard to find for me

X-hot
X-hot

classic!

STEVIE71

I have bottles of the old and new version and only recently bought the old version, I have to say I thought the new version was strong and very masculine (I like a mans man fragrance)until I bought the old version WOW it is very strong and not for the faint hearted to wear. The new version still smells similar to the old version now that I have had the chance to smell both, the new version seems watered down and not as potent as its older self. All in all this is not for a young teen or even a twenty something this is for the mature guy who wants to smell good for a very very long time.
For longevity and silage I would put this in the same level as Kouros.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Mmm, managed to get a decant of this from a friend.
It does draw some semblance to Ralph Lauren Polo, except Polo has this bright semi-sweet green fern note that is not in this.
Quorum smells like an oakmoss-tobacco combi with just a mild green note. Very dark, damp and smoky.

To me, it's like a budget Ralph Lauren Polo(vintage).

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Rich, dense, raw opening in a perfectly classic fougère style. A textured blend of green balsamic notes on spices and citrus drips, with a rich and natural oak moss note on ambers and bold, resinous aromatic woods. The leather note emerges as minute pass: honest, shady, solid, slightly rubbery and dry. A great, manly, elegant, rich and self-conscious fougère – still not tacky or cloying. With just a hint of that gloomy, sweaty personality many powerhouses had in the 70s/80s (some more elegant and understated fougères like Tsar are like old, classic Mercedes cars; this is rather the fast & noisy Alfetta Spider). Highy wearable today as well. I own a vintage version and I have heard is has subsequently been reformulated on a more green/fresh tone – probably still good, I don't know.

Alf2013
Alf2013

Lomerlaw,.. Indeed, I do not think that the current version of Quorum smells like Polo anymore, even though they share some notes. The vintage Quorum did share many more similarities. I found Polo to be a very pleasant, relaxing, still potent frag that, to quote a professional review is "... a grassy-patchouli, mossy-woody scent, dry and smoky from one angle, sweetly resinous from another..." Quorum, on the other hand has been watered down, and is a shadow of its former self.

maani
maani

wow !its nice .It smells expensive but the price is cheap. it is mature scent,it is masculine i think Quorum is similar to perfume NAMELY ^WHISKY^.its best for strong personality people

lomerlaw
lomerlaw

Is there an even newer formulation of Quorum out in Spring 2014? I just picked up a new bottle, and the name Puig is on neither the bottle nor the box, although it can be in found in fine-print on the bottom, as trademark owner. Regardless, the scent doesn't seem any different, and Quorum is an absolute steal at $20 for a 100ml bottle.

It is true that Quorum isn't like the majority of scents marketed at the younger crowd: there's no way that Quorum could be described as Aquatic, Gourmand, Fruity, Fresh, Sweet etc. But Quorum is better described as "timeless" or "classic" than "old" or "dated." It smells much more expensive than the price tag reflects, with natural rather than synthetic or cheap ingredients. A lot of younger guys should consider Quorum as an affordable way to expand their scent collections: an occasional change-of-pace fragrance perhaps. My guess is that they will be pleasantly surprised by the positive reactions.

I note that many people have said that Quorum is similar to Polo (Green), but I am not so sure. Both share a strong pine-needles element, but Polo brings significant notes of Leather, Tobacco and a smokiness that Quorum lacks. Quorum adds Oakmoss, Tobacco and some Sandalwood to the dominant pine note. Polo's sillage is quite a bit stronger, and it's a harsher fragrance. With Quorum there's no harshness or animalic quality, and no soapiness either. The warm initial opening develops into a lovely earthy/green scent with moderate sillage and good longevity.

Quorum is a wonderful masculine outdoorsy fragrance: a walk in a fragrant forest. From my perspective, Quorum is neither dated nor a fragrance bomb that some have suggested: certainly not the current formulations. If this is an "80's powerhouse" fragrance, it's probably the most approachable fragrance in that category. As a high school teacher, I have had compliments from female students ("You smell good, sir!") as well as women on staff. To me that is sufficient proof that Quorum is appropriate for a wide age-group, and that it works at the office as well as outdoors and social settings. Younger buyers with an open mind and $20 should at least consider Quorum, and older guys might want to revisit an 80's classic, because both groups will find it a pleasant surprise.

Sillage: 6/10

Overall: 8/10, but at its low price: 9/10

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Now that i'm getting older I find i'm starting to like this fragrance a little more. I find the opening a little harsh, but the drydown which is quite green/piney is quite pleasant. Please let me know how anyone thinks this is similar to Polo or Sung Homme, I don't get it, it's like neither, closer to 1881 Homme in my opinion. All in all though it's pretty decent, especially for someone 35+

vardavas
vardavas

This is not a review but an observation. I own polo green, quorum and loewe esencia. How on earth can someone say that these colognes smell alike? Man this is so misleading.
People just because they are all in green bottles and on the "main notes according to your votes" share the top three that doesn't mean crap.
To prove my point ill give you one of many examples: Look at abercrombie's fierce and mont blanc's legend. Now these 2 really smell almost identical. Check out the notes. Bingo.

erkek
erkek

Good alternative 30-45 ages. But not very very interesting. we can say like rebul or like also levander cologna.

missan

I agree @reg0rius, I see really no resemblance of Sung either.
Quorum is fresh pine and tobacco to me. Sung is soapy.

greg0rius
greg0rius

Not seeing te Sung connection. Not at all. Sung albeit unique smells nothing like Quorum.

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

Quorum is a great scent that brings you back in time (80's) and to Spain (if you have ever been) as you can almost smell this perfume everywhere there.
Like 4711 it is a rather safe cologne that middle-aged men like me enjoy wearing because it is not brash: a cocktail of tobacco, leather, fern and woody notes that stay on you for ages. Some people have even said to me it smells like Christmas spices.
To me, Quorum smells like Paco Rabanne for men (the green bottle, not the Million that is absolutely stomach churning) before it was reformulated, which also explain the connection between the House of Puig and PR (same group). It also reminds me of the smell in classy barber shops.
So if you are in your 40s and above and you want to blend easily without being offensive, Quorum is for you.
I also like a perfume called Brummell that unfortunately is to be found only in Spain.
In other words, I love Quorum!

fuggerone

the last version gives its best worn during summer..tobaccoish herbal and leather..a retro vibe...but incredible charisma..for grown ups only!

Jasonlpres
Jasonlpres

Chuck Norris

dubairob
dubairob

Quorum by Antonio Puig is an immensely dry and intensely masculine fragrance. It is sometimes mentioned in the same breath as Yatagan by Caron - and I can see some commonality - but it's development is more along a leather and woody line which continues through the course of its excellent long-life.

Quorum is a fragrance that has been commented on by some reviewers as having almost military associations, and odd though that seems I can get that when I smell it. It does signal a certain masculine toughness and clearly indicates that its got a purpose: "Making you smell good, like some the of the best-smelling stuff in nature, goddamit!" It certainly means business, with great longevity and projection to boot.

So where do we stand now in 2014 with a very masculine Spanish fragrance from 1982. Is it still relevant? To me, Quorum still has a great deal of charm and inherent enjoyment. I would never wear it for work, it is not a date or special occasion scent (there are plenty of others better for these various purposes). Instead what Quorum does best is fill a role that also cannot be underestimated. To me, it is a great casual/weekender fragrance for Autumn when you are just kicking around at home, doing whatever needs to be done, Saturday chores, playing with the kids....whatever. In that respect, Quorum falls into the same category as some other once great fragrances - Azzaro PH, Lapidus PH, Yatagan, Cool Water - which (let's face it) have been updated by other releases but which nevertheless still have a huge amount of casual/weekend appeal.

Let us never lose Quorum. My relaxed Autumn weekends would never be the same....

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

When we grow older our perfume preferences change. This is a bit of an old school scent. Very powerful.

Pine and Tabacco Smell, very green, slightly fresh, yet woody.

This is a good scent, however it would seem awkward to wear it when you are younger than 30 years. Initially I bought it as a blind buy, used it a bit and gave it to my dad.

This is good smell for mature people, would look very funny on teenagers and boys below 25, since it will smell like "I borrowed this from my dad" way.

I might get back to it when I am a bit older.

8/10. Longevity is top, silage also. This stands on top when compared to present days weak sweet metro sexual smells.

Try it, if you need - grow a bit for it and use it sparingly. Its a bomb! Makes me want to go to the forest hehe

tiw321
tiw321

I loved this when I first wore it in 1982 still love it now 2013.still get asked what it is by many women and comments how much they like it,love the fact you have to look for it! its not a mass marketed same old same old fragrance like the rest. great to be different,only problem cant find the deodorant spray anywhere now have they discontinued it ? I live in the uk

Critic
Critic

Great drydown once the odd cumin at the top disappears.

velgasius

A perfectly accurate description of what this smells like is:
Top notes (the opening blast):
An indian merchant selling lots & lots of traditional herbs & spices in some random traditional market in the early mornings in India where the air is fresh and cool whilst smoking a pipe/cigar (not cigarette).

Drydown: just move that merchant to a dewy, cool, fresh evergreen forest whilst doing the exact same thing only with his herbs & spices almost sold out.

Adler
Adler

I ordered a bottle of this online and it arrived yesterday. I could not agree more with the comparisons to Alfred Sung Homme; even as I was opening the package, I thought "Wow, this package smells like Sung." On the Sung you smell the pine a bit more, whereas the leather and patchouli are more dominant in this. The citrus is also much stronger in Quorum. This stuff is great, smells classic and very nostalgic but not dated. Very affordable, unbelievably so. However, when I ordered this stuff for about $30USD, including shipping and handling and any other fees, there was one drawback. The package it came in did not look like original packaging, and there was no lid; instead there was a thick cardboard tube around the atomizer which fit snuggly, but still allowed some of the scent to escape. The bottle is almost filled to the top, but I can't help but worry about some evaporation over time.
However, those problems have nothing to with the fragrance!

This is an excellent cologne. A bit of a mature scent, but the right kind of young guy can easily get away with it. I cannot believe how affordable it was. If you want the smell of quality while paying for about two cans of axe, find this stuff. It projects well, women of many ages will love it, and it does not smell like its price even remotely. Only problem is that it is strong, so some people may get a headache from it if you apply it extensively.

Scent: 10 - A specific type of powerhouse, but very wearable.
Sillage: 8 - It can go at least six feet. I can imagine it really getting intense in the heat, but it could make a good evening scent even in the summer. Its brother, Alfred Sung Homme, does radiate farther.
Longevity: 9 - This stuff stays in clothes for days with gradually diminishing intensity. Use with caution if you have an article of clothing you use frequently, because you may smell this stuff on it well after application.

captainlb
captainlb

I got this for a Christmas present, in 1982 or 1983.I recently picked up a bottle at T J MAXX very cheaply. I mean under fifteen dollars. OK, it has been years since I have worn it and is just as good as I remember. I would like to say it is still fantastic and at this price point.I am writing this review, because it is the time of year most appealing to wear it. I won't mention all the notes, but they all go well in fall and winter.You could actually get laughed at, if you walk outside in shorts,in summer wearing this. I had a group of girls and guys, and we had the most beautiful waterfall we built.I think when I look back It backed into a pine forest.They would cut and then reseed, we planted ferns and many were already there. This is where I lived,laughed and drank an occasional beer. The house's in the area would always have their fires going.I loved going there after a rain or light dusting of snow. The smell and the rain,with everything a darker shade.Darker than any green paint color you could find. This is Puigs' Quorum,on the money.If it sounds like something you would like, the internet is full of this fragrance.It will also be real not a copy.The price of this gem and it really is a gem is at a price point they would not counterfeit.I think for a fragrance to be this popular,since it's introduction in 1982,speaks for itself. Louis Bullard.

Liberty Freak 1776
Liberty Freak 1776

As with many frags, this one is completely different on my skin versus sprayed on clothing. On clothing it is a wonderful, bold, complex powerhouse of wood, leather, smoke, patchouli, and top notes of white flowers. It reminds me very much of vintage Xeryrus.
On my skin, it dissipates much more quickly leaving a dry, powdery, smoky scent that is pleasant, but not nearly as complex due to the lack of the top notes. I really love Quorum, but I prefer to use it on my shirt, where its complexities can shine.

peeck@charter.net
peeck@charter.net

Woods BOMB! If you enjoy the memory of your grandmothers at Christmas with the pine candles burning with a blast of a fresh shower soapy Irish Spring Scent, Man put down AX this is for you! I can't remember what the powerhouse scents of the 80's were, except for Original Polo Green when the smell filled the room by someone who just pored it on themselves in stead of taking a shower... It kind of reminds me of what I remember polo should have smelled like, except cleaner, more mellow... I am still discovering this scent and its complexity. Very impressed with this blind buy! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Edit... I have recently gave my bottle of Quorum to a friend who is an older gentleman that his house had burned down and since he basicly needed everything I thought he might enjoy this more that I am... Yes, I said I loved it, but in the 6 months since I purchased it my heart and nose was searching for more of a fir or balsam christmas tree kind of feel... I know just break down and get Dakkar Noir. After putting my nose around this it became a quite dated scent and I'm 43 years old...

bhaskar.dangat
bhaskar.dangat

A simply awesome Fragrance, it takes you to a different place all together, to a cold place misty place, waterfall around you birds chirping and you are sitting on a Rock...relaxing...one of my Favorite fragrances....

georgequeue
georgequeue

This is a real 80's classic! So woody, strong, masculine, and pleasant. For a really low price you can get a good product for sure. Today's Quorum is not as good as the vintage juice, but it's still good! Not for everybody, though.

Overall score: 8.5/10

petrus
petrus

Supermacho ibérique.

Senteur 8.5/10. La fougère dans sa perfection, du concentré d'années 80 en bouteille. Ce parfum est difficilement portable ; en hiver néanmoins actuellement par température inférieure à 0 degré, pourquoi pas... Ou alors à tenter en fine vaporisation sur tenue élégante et stricte avant d'aller au bureau par moins de 15 degrés. Ceci étant à la campagne, en particulier près d'une forêt de conifère, il pourrait trouver sa place. Je n'imagine absolument pas le porter de nuit, sauf une touche comme ici, chez moi, pour le plaisir de le sentir. Mais je changerai peut-être d'avis. En attendant, je le garde au frigo, en espérant qu'il dure une bonne quarantaine d'années encore !

Sillage 2/2. Enorme - Il convient d'être prudent dans son dosage, d'autant plus que le vapo vous en envoie une sacrée dose à chaque pression !

Longévité 2/2 Très tenace (12 heures...)

Masculinité. 2/2 Concentré de mâle brut...

Evolution 3.5/4. Après une mise en nez citronnée, le mélange pin/tabac/mousse de chêne/cuir/santal tend à écraser tout le reste de son superbe équilibre et c'est un plaisir de voir que tel ou tel élément ressort différemment en fonction de la minute : on ne s'ennuie pas une seconde à le porter. C'est la version masculine (ultra masculine) de Cabochard de Grès, surtout après une heure : il peut donc aussi déranger l'entourage...

TOTAL : 18/20 Chef d'oeuvre.

Palosanto
Palosanto

(Please see update below)

I always wanted to like Quorum. I mean, I am all into "real men/hairy chest" dry colognes like this, at least conceptually. But, despite the real quality of this fragrance -which I think, is beyond question in terms of classic natural smelling ingredients and ingenuity of the blend- it is not something I enjoy or I would wear.

Though the opening and the middle notes are really interesting, there is something in the drydown of Quorum, which lingers and lingers (the sandal/cyclamen/moss combination, perhaps?) which I definitely don't like. On me, at least. But kudos if you do. I don't mean to disparage the fragrance or the guys who are fond of it. It is a classic, undoubtedly.

And while I don't enjoy Quorum itself, here in Argentina there is an EDC -but with EDT persistance- called Equus Pampa, made by a local firm (which is the same that produces the La Martina line) that has all things which I like in Quorum (plus some citric twist and more cardamom) minus all the things I don't like. Unfortunately, I believe it is unavailable outside Argentina. If you come here and like Quorum (or have reservations about it, as I do) try this one. It is inexpensive, but the QPR is really fabulous.

UPDATE (08/16/2014). Somehow I still kept on trying to like this and to find out why I had found it off putting. Finally, I bought a 50ml bottle. I tried it in a full wearing. And now, to my surprise, I realise that I am liking it. I guess that the old saying is true: "you live and learn"

Best regards to all.

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

I used to wear this in the 1980's when massive pongs were acceptable. It's a great smell but the intensity mixed with sillage & logivity the same fallout and half-life as plutonium respectively, means only smart middle-aged Catalan men in suits should wear it. If I had a tank-like 1980's Bentley however, I would use this as the car-freshener

Redbeard
Redbeard

I want to like the old-school sharp leathery colognes, and I'm sure I'll find others that I do. But this one is so aggressive, and almost acridly astringent that I felt embarrassed wearing it. I got rid of it, which wasn't such a big deal since it was $6 for 1 oz. If this were more expensive for the same product, I'd give it a thumbs down simply because it would be way too crass for the money. It's like the waiter in the nightclub in Who Framed Roger Rabbit: a gorilla in a tuxedo. He's really well-groomed for a gorilla, but you can tell that he's having trouble fitting into the tux, and is very uncomfortable and out of place. One of these days he'll just rip it off in frustration, and go bashing innocent people's heads in.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Although very strong and wild, I find Quorum quite sophisticated if applied with moderateness. Everytime I wear it, I feel like Antonio Banderas: magnetic, masculine and gentlemanlike.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

upon 1st spray i gagged...i mean it smelled like cat piss!..liter box of a cat...i was like..holly crap...i mean i like sung homme/ oscar pour lui/ cesars men/ boucheron/ dirty english....to name a few and so i thought....maybe drydown is better and a cooler enviorment....so i sprayed some more on the way home and turned on the air in the can to a chilly 60 degrees....well it does mellow nicely and i get the pine all the way through but i am only at 30 minutes on....i do like it as it has balls unlike many modern soft mens frags....its not my fav at this point but my guess is it would be great in a crisp cold winter nite /day or in fall.....

update: got a larger bottle..took the smaller one back and the larger bottle smells smoother and no cat piss smell at all...very invigorating and looking forward to wearing in fall.

milk
milk

Quorum smells like what a General of the Army or Field Marshal should smell like in my mind.Dressed in khakhi uniform with a broad leather belt and smoking a pipe in the field studying a map and planning on how to attack the enemy.It is macho with a deep voice and it goes for the jugular.This is an awesome manly scent!

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * * *

Quorum opens with a light spritz of citrus over leather. The sweetness quickly burns off and is replaced by natural-smelling conifer and maybe a hint of pepper. There is some sandalwood lurking in the background, and, of course, lovely oakmoss.

The leather is slightly damp and animalic, completely natural smelling. Maybe even a bit fecal.

It goes without saying that this is a strong, masculine fragrance. There is no pretense or artifice, here. Quorum is not for pretty-boys, EMOs, or metrosexuals.

Sillage: 4/5

johngreenink
johngreenink

Purchasing Quorum is part of a project; slowly making my way through some of the classic men's scents to acquaint myself with these powerhouses. Quorum sure does remind you how much heavier and louder perfumes used to be. I think I put half a spray on my wrist and had to stop it was so strong.

Quorum is masculine... really, really masculine. I can't think of anything quite so manly as this. It goes on so very strong, and it's full of 70's pine and leather. You really have to resist the temptation to toss the bottle and wait about 1/2 an hour. When it calms down, it really does start to take on a very nice character. It's far mellower, pleasantly leathery, a bit of barbershop talc, some tobacco, some lime, some lavender, some carnation. What isn't here is interesting as well - there isn't much musk or wood or patchouli (the usual elements that are overused in men's scents.) I keep waiting for some sour, chemical, rubbery smell, but it really isn't here. It fades out quite nicely.

I'm going to venture that this is a great late-autumn scent; it's got that vibe to it. There's something like November in Quorum that's pleasantly smooth. Overall, I'm quite pleased with this addition, and glad that I waited just a bit for it to evolve.

warlockss
warlockss

i was given this as a present for work i done to a cousin by building them a steel gate , i dont wear this it smells nice but its not for me smells like some old guy in his 50's should wear this hahaha , it smells VERY VINTAGE , smells like someone important should wear this like a lawyer or judge someone in government work sitting in a dark corner lol or a very mean school principal . it smells very manly very strong . if i had a time machine and was able to travel back to the 80's i suppose i would drench myself in this stuff . its not for me because i like more modern smelling frags .

but for what it is and if its for you in that style of era i would rate it an 8.5 out of 10

Thee Maestro
Thee Maestro

I finally ran out of my Quorum and went to buy some,it lasted a long time,you know!I got to the shop and found an impostor of a fragrance,I checked on line and they had the right pics but I bought and got the impostor.I lament a great classic,I regret ever putting money into this mediocrity!!If you're new to Quorum,you don't know what you're missing and maybe that's a good thing cause I miss it badly!...IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND THE VINTAGE ONLINE,PLEASE HELP!

hilson.s.ritta
hilson.s.ritta

I'm in a phase to apreciate old things, despite my 25 years, and Quorum is like an ancient breath, like a haze of a beardy old wood: deepy woody, aromatic, dirty of earth. I don't have the vintage version, the current one is less powerfull but yet good enough to make me feel fine and with a strange mania of smelling myself frequently. It's a realy good fragrance. Manly, soapy, cheap, usual and elegant, wild and formal. For all self confident men who feel confortable wearing ancient rhymes. (sorry for my incorrect english)

fragrandiose
fragrandiose

I came across this in London 4 years ago, bought a bottle and wore it on and off for about a year. It's super strong and manly and my spanish flatmate would always say:

"oooh, Si! - you smell like a man, no? jajajaja"

However when I moved back to Australia and bought myself another bottle it changed completely. It made me sneeze, the smell was different and I could no longer wear it. Part of this is probably due to being on the other side of the planet.

Either way, the London version was fantastic. It was warming and musky and reminds me of when I was 4. My Dad would come out of the bathroom after shaving and he'd smell like this... quintessential 80's male.

Use sparingly.

Idrians
Idrians

This one is really special: long lasting power on my skin (8-11 hours), nice projection, and a superb unique retro scent from the wild wet nature.
I've found this 2013 in my old parent's bath storage, probably from the 90's, and I'm enjoying like a baby.

I can feel the nature with this one, musk and pine is there with some leather tobbaco notes... can't feel anything else honestly.
You have to be confident with this one and enjoy for yourself, cause in my opinion is more for you than the people you will be around.
Probably not for dates, not the best for the office, neither night clubs... but perfect for enjoying yourself, family time, or a classic +30 guy.

As a final note, this is the perfum I enjoy most spraying one time in my cloths (chest), it stays in clothes for days.

edinson
edinson

perfect and really man cologne; I've been using this cologne and aftershave for very long time, together with polo(original) halston Z14, devin (by aramis)and aramis..........colognes that define time and masculinity, elegance and perfection for the man of yesterday and today.

Piney, mossy. Bitter and earthy, but not "dirty". For some reason this fragrance reminds me of something/someone but I can't recall anyone I knew wearing it.
Although the above adjectives don't really convey this message, Quorum is quite gentle. It is entirely masculine, but not in a loud or boastful way.

mustafa24
mustafa24

having bought it as a gift for a friend, and smelt it on him and it was amazing, therfore i decided to buy one and i am very disappointed, it has the same smell but longivity is 1-2 hours.

hydor
hydor

Low badget complete olfactory satisfaction! Aura scent,gentle and ...dirty at the same time!

vonMises

Truly legendary. I'm on my third bottle of this. Among the most outstanding of the fragrances on the planet. The dark, heavy spice notes and pine, heavy as leather can be, are brightened by perfectly sparkling citrus notes. Every ingredient in this is as natural and genuine as the old growth forests.

I resist saying it, but it is true: it is wasted on youth. This is a fragrance for the mature man (and woman) who have been around.

riolux
riolux

I just read all of the reviews and blind bought this and Quorum Silver very cheap, can't wait to get them.

I'm pretty sure my wife won't like this one, but it sounds too interesting and costs too little not to try.

I'll be back with a review.

wickedjester
wickedjester

ive melt this before i dont know were either my dad or grandfather. i really like it a unique masculine scent opens harsh but mellows out lasts at least 7 hours on my skin. id say signature scent worthy because of uniqueness and masculinity.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I had the bottle shown in the image, which I suppose is the new reformulation. The box is different; I don't have the "Puig." On the bottom is says "Copyright 2003." I bought it at Ross for $15 ("compare at $41")!

This was a major disappointment.

I like the deep mossy/aromatic scent - since I like Antaeus it's my kind of thing - but Quorum has been apparently refomulated into almost non-existence. After a couple of hours it's pretty much gone on me. Threatening? Sillage monster? Powerhouse 80's scent? Hardly. It's weak. What a pity. I bet I'd really like the vintage version of the original fragrance.

I took it back. Why buy a scent (at any price) that you can only smell for an hour or two?

------------

Update: I found an 1 oz. bottle in a box marked 1993 for $2 and bought it. MUCH better! Nice and oakmossy. SCORE.

aucffan1
aucffan1

Its got the same vibe as Lapidus or Van Cleef Pour Homme.. Not bad but not for someone that wants a sweet pretty scent..

Its dirty.. Almost Encre Noiire.. Salvador Dali-ish..

I don't think the younger (I should say immature) crowd would like this but it should be tried before you buy..

Its almost One Man Show Gold Edition dirty but than again nothing is that dirty...

I see a Kouros reference below.. I can see that similarity..

I have all the dirty scents mentioned above.. I know dirty scents...

I like it and give it a 8-10 stars..

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Spicy classic quasi-powerhouse type frag. I wouldn't put it up their with Giorgio Bev. Hills for projection, but is very nice in light doses. Can be found cheap, although I would shy away from the Jordache $1 imposter version of this. I mean why make an imposter of this really? If you are into classic scents, worth adding to collection.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Similar to yatagan??? Maybe the first minutes, but after that, there are two worlds apart. Q is cheapy, soapy, and vulgar. On the other side, Yatagan emerges as the masterpiece it is. This is about the current formulation, don't known the vintage.

missan

I have come to realize I have 4 different formulations of this.

on the bottle;

bold line, only Puig near the bottom
bold line, Antonio Puig near the bottom
bold line, Antonio Puig, info about the content near bottom
thin line, near bottom, the same as #3, the latest.

They are rather different to me, and the latest being most different from the rest. I do not care for this so much, it´s not really Quorum, it´s nearly destroyed with some added citrus and very bold synthetic tobacco.

I like #2 the most, it´s wonderfully balanced from the beginning to the end. This is the one to search for, this is Quorum.

But be careful if buying from ebay or amazon, always ask to get an actual picture of the item sold.

chayann
chayann

Absolute classic..though it was created years back,yet it is timeless..highly masculine and strong perfume..quite recommendable..

redfive
redfive

I recently had a chance to test this, and was unimpressed. Perhaps it is that it smells almost identical to a cream/ointment my mother used when I was a child. It seems slightly sweet, and a tad powdery. I have to say it smells like no other cologne I have tried, certainly not Yatigan (zero powder/sweetness in that one). As for "greenness" I don't get that either (I love "green" scents), but rather a well blended composition of the spices they mention above, I assume. I can't speak to the vintage version of this, and it may be superior.
I does last a long time and projects well, as I had trouble scrubbing the stuff off.

Nathan1981
Nathan1981

Based purely on the bottle I recently bought (I couldn't tell you if it's reformulated or not) I love this.
It is very masculine, unapologetically so. There is something old fashioned about it but not in a bad way, it's old fashioned in the way grey flannel or many penhalligons scents are "old fashioned". I'd prefer the term established or tested rather than old fashioned.
I would absolutely agree that real confidence is needed to carry this off. I wouldn't recommend it for youngsters that aren't comfortable in their own skin yet.
I would wear this to work, in fact I have. Go easy and all it takes is the slightest hint of this fragrance for someone to notice it and ask about it. I think in the current market of 1million, joop and ck1 this stands out as a bold statement. It tells the world you are happy to take a little risk without needing to offend anyone's nose.
I also agree that this fragrance has a sense of something far more expensive. I bought it blind based on the reviews on this site and I'm glad I did.
This is worth every penny of the entire £10 I spent on 100ml. If you even think this fragrance might work for you, give it a go. Even if you're not blown away it will be a fragrance worth having in any collection if only as a point of reference

Srben
Srben

Soapy upon initial spraying, Quorum cools down into a warm combination of moss, leather, pine, and faint tobacco. Very masculine and pleasant. Less pungent than a Polo '78, Fahrenheit, or Z-14, this cologne still manages to be very manly and woodsy.

83.pinto
83.pinto

Smells awesome!

One of the best woody colognes ever. Good projection and longevity. A classic masterpiece!!

If you like 80s perfumes, then you should have Quorum in your closet.

Projection is in par with Le male & one million. The best part about this perfume is that it costs less than $20 for 100ml[3.4oz]

I received loads of compliments. People can smell you from a distance.

KirstenRose
KirstenRose

Just bought a bottle of Paloma Picasso for myself and a bottle of Quorum for my husband. Why? Because, after all these years, I really have learned that trends come and go, and once you tune into what you really love, you'll always enjoy coming back to it, no matter what anyone else is wearing. Quorum has that great woody, grassy, complex scent that I love. I don't care for all the newer scents that smell like deodorant or clothes detergent, too much like a fake ocean candle or something. I love the base notes...leather and tobacco, like an Edwardian reading room. Can you really beat that?

Est.1976
Est.1976

Vintage Quorum. Perfection.

parveenleo7
parveenleo7

Monster Projection....!!!

limited Edition
limited Edition

Quorum..what can I say..The brother of Paco Rabanne and distant cousin of Kouros..the only thing more 80s would be George Michaeal singing "Careless whispers"..I like it/wear it /own it..6/10

Vintage???

I doubt if the bottle I have is "vintage" but it is definitely one of the richest, long lasting, oakmoss ladden, and manly fragrances I own or ever had. No question about this.

My previous review is for a 50 ml/1.7 oz bottle. I've only had the bottle about a year or two. I purchased it online, so my initial thoughts are it's not "vintage". However, it does smell as good as(same as) I remember it. I'm very familiar with this one as my Father wore this almost daily when I was a teenager. He always had a bottle of Quorum after that.

The bottle I reviewed says "Copyright 2003" on the bottom of the box. I do think it's a pre-IFRA regulated formula as the back of the box lists the ingredients as "alcohol, water, fragrance". That's it. This version is extremly long lasting with moderate projection. I think it's best for Fall and Winter. I would not call it strong. I think deep and rich are better descriptions. It just smells like classic Quorum.

On the bottle at the top it reads: "QUORUM" and below a heavy/thick gold line "eau de toilette".

The atomizer/sprayer is tall and gold.

The front of the box reads "QUORUM Eau De Toilette Natural Spray" and at the bottom it says "PUIG" with an Antonio Puig logo above it.

As a matter of fact the bottle and box are identical to the picture used above by Fragrantica.

This version IS Quorum. I recommend it 100 percent. To me it smells the same as it always did.

That being said, I recently purchased another bottle from the same online retailer(No, not Ebay!). This time a 100ml/3.4 fl oz bottle. This "reformulation" smells the same BUT, it's not as deep and rich. Definitely lacking something but still a good fragrance. I prefer the other version I have. If you've never smelled it before then I still recommend this version. It's still has the same essence, just not as powerful nor as long lasting. It's still Quorum. Maybe Quorum lite?

The main difference I noticed when it arrived was on the box. They are identical(both say "Copyright 2003") except the front is missing the "PUIG" and the logo at the bottom on this one. On the back of the box the list of ingredients is long. In addition to alcohol, water and fragrance there are 15 additional ingredients listed(normal for post-IFRA regulation). It does list oakmoss and treemoss but unfortunately the amounts that may be used in a fragrance are now limited/controlled by IFRA. I believe this is the reason for the difference in the fragrance between the two bottles.

The bottles are identical except for one thing I almost missed. On the new 100 ml bottle the gold line under Quorum is a thin line not a thick one. Also "EAU DE TOILETTE" is all in capital letters unlike the other bottle which is all lower case letters. So there are differences in the bottles and packaging as well as the fragrance. The sprayer/atomizer is different also. Instead of big and gold it is smaller and brown plastic

I apologize that this is not necessarily a review and is more a description, but I hope this helps clear up some questions regarding "vintage" and "new" that I detect in other reviews here.

I still think Quorum is one of the best and most original fragrances ever made, and it has stood the test of time. That is until IFRA started to dictate the use of natural ingredients in the fragrance industry. I'm glad it's around even in the current formulation. I still highly recommend it to anyone who has never tried it. I also recommend those of you discouraged by the current version to look for the one pictured above. The first one I describe here. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the juice in the bottle.

missan

Not that I want to impose my opinion upon anyone, but I have 3 different formulations of this. I feel they are very different, both in the smell,structure and type of ingredients. We can like either one as we want, it´s not that, but to me they are very different, where actually the latest formulation is more similar to an earlier formulation of Agua Brava, with more tobacco added. The newer is also much more citrusy, the same mistake as has been done with Antaeus.
Me I like older AS the best, better balanced and strong enough, lovely.

Near the bottom of the bottle it should only read 'puig', like in picture #4.

iconoclast
iconoclast

I own the original version and yesterday tried it on myself on a wrist-to-wrist comparison against my father's reformulated version. The verdict? I can tell you that the reformulated one is just as good as the original, and perhaps even better in my opinion as it lasted much longer on my skin (even after 12 hours I could still smell it clearly without needing to push my nose too close to my wrist) whereas the original version had faded out after 'only' 6 hours. The reformulated version also seemed just as rich as the original and perhaps slightly brighter/more lemony - although the bottom line is that they smell pretty much the same, which is great. Well done to Puig for keeping faith with the original when reformulating it, or arguably even improving upon it. Thus I'm relieved to say I have no hesitation in recommending the reformulation to all avid Quorum fans - like me!

POSTSCRIPT: The original bottle I have has a thick gold line under "Quorum", and under the line is written "eau de toilette" in small-case letters. Very near the bottom of the bottle is written in capitals "Antonio Puig" only. And that’s it. The box I have also looks quite different to the main pic above, being more colourful and also not as glossy. It also says copyright 1993 at the bottom. The new reformulated version I compared it to is identical to the main pic above.

Bierko
Bierko

Fragrance green tobacco leather and spices, strong with good fixation even for hot days.

durbha75
durbha75

Blind bought this one based on the reviews. Find it to be a strong, fairly linear scent. It opens with a strong citrus-coriander note, which remains throughout. The dry down becomes very woody and mossy on my skin. The projection and longevity are above average

Overall, not a bad buy considering the cost, but nothing that excited me. If you are into earthy/green-smelling perfumes, this one makes for a great budget buy.

fuggerone

not particularly sophisticated but really masculine and pleasant, a must for powerhouse freaks

619haifisch
619haifisch

For your money nowadays this is a classic scent to have in your collection, even if you won't wear it much. The few times you wear it will be remembered.

A huge projection bomb.. still getting noticed after 8 hours , something must be right !
Yes you could say it feels dated, but rock it and you can make it your own modern frag
A genuine compliment getter that should be alongside the Le Males and the Fahrenheits of the world, yerh I went there. A true classic

shamus1

I can't help but make a comment about the original vs. current formula debate going on here. If you're determined to find fault with the current version of Quorum (or any reformulation of any fragrance, for that matter), you're going to find fault with it. You can't go into something with a preconceived notion, thinking, "Alright fine, I'll try it, but I'm sure it's not going to be as good as it used to be", before you even smell it.

Yes, the current juice is a little less powerful than originally, but let's get to the bottom line: QUORUM STILL SMELLS LIKE QUORUM. To say that this new version smells NOTHING like it used to is absurd. I too am in my 40's and have smelled original and two reformulations.

I literally get excited every time I spray on Quorum. It's my favorite fragrance, and is still awesome.

purplesun
purplesun

A remarkably balanced composition, that is rather inexplicably still around, considering today's tastes.
The opening is citrusy and fresh, the citruses being a bit balanced by the carraway and artemisia.
The heart is incredibly floral and herbal, while the strong base provides a background and support for the heart notes, with which it cooperates most admirably.
There are not many affordable scents that smell as good as Quorum.

Lou E Lov
Lou E Lov

Been wearing this since 87'
A real attention getter!!!!

p.s. you must have your shirt unbuttoned
about 4 buttons down, to rock this potion!!!

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REVIEW: I don't know about the vintage/new comparison. I have the new one. I find it to be exceptionally well-blended; it manages to be similar on application to drydown without being too unilinear. The florals and spices are muted (not sharp); I get them together with oakmoss and tobacco.

This might seem a boring, muddled mashup. It's not. It's strong, smells good and has 8 hours longevity. I especially like that it DOESN'T drydown into something too powdery. Very good for a man to wear to work.

EDIT: Still good for work. Gets compliments. A go-to.
Sillage: 8/10

williamvargas
williamvargas

a very potent strong masculine fragrance..not sure how much difference in the reformulation, remember wearing this one in the early 80's always enjoyed it but grew tired of it...it is still a great fragrance..
i don't see one on here called aqua lavanda which is an earlier fragrance from puig , supposedly frank sinatra used to wear, i have that one and i gotta say that is one nice smelling fragrance, and you can still find it on ebay..does not last long enough but it is a wonderful lavender type scent..very nice stuff,...hopefully someone will do a review on that.you can find it on basenotes..

Migalex
Migalex

This is no doubt a very good fragrance. If I were to chose a handfull of fragrances which could stand as stereotypes of what a good male perfume can be like, I would no doubt put Quorum amonst them. It reminds me of Antaeus. The main differences for me are that Antaeus smells of coriander, which I do like a lot, and in Antaeus the duality freshness-warmth is better achieved, there is a more pronounced contrast between them. Also, Quorum is greener while Antaeus is sweeter. Quorum is much stronger though, in my opinion. As to the comparison between the original and the current reformulation, and I have both and wore any of them lots of times, comparing them side by side, etc, they are considerably different, but more so in the opening. As time goes by, they get more similar. The main difference seems to be that the new one smells much more of leather, it is actually the fragrance I know with the most pronounced leather scent. The original one is more of a woody aromatic, but I think the new one should be classified as leather.The original is smokier and drier, while the current reformulation is sweeter and a bit cloying, and somehow, what I do not like, has got an edge of a horse stable smell. Both are dense, deep and complex.The current reformulation is, in my opinion, much intenser than the original. Actually, the original has never been an intense scent, while the current reformulation is quite intense. Is is very very soapy in the opening and I do like soapy scents a lot. After a while, smoke starts to raise out of it, in a marvellous way. A very good use of tobacco, I think. I do find the current reformulation astonishinly good. Like it better and better. Is also quit sexy and animalic. Also, projection is very good while it lasts, and my only regret is that the staying power, although not bad, is not great. Even applied on clothes, at the end of a day it is all gone. All in all, I consider it (even the current reformulation) one of the best male fragrances.

texasphile
texasphile

The older formulation is much better lasting and "strong" in it's staying power on the skin. It's never been a personal favorite, but since the women (30+) really like I wear it.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I received the reformulation today and as expected I was disappointed. Why ?

This reformulation is not remotely similar to the original. I am an 80's kid ! I have smelled it in it's heyday. My bottle was loaded with alcohol with very little fragrance. Whatever I did smell was IDENTICAL to my bottle of the reformulated Giorgio Beverly Hills that I own. I kid you not. To my knowledge Quorom is another one of those Elizabeth Arden reformulations which could explain the similarities.

I tend to look at these reformulations as "False Dreams In A Bottle" but for $17 3.4oz who cares right ? Wrong. I have bought several drugstore fragrances lately and have been disappointed with the majority of them. I don't care if they cost less than a dollar I wouldn't use them. Does that validate me spending $17 on nothing ?No.

If only I could buy Quorom for $17 and receive an actual bottle of Quorom I would be so happy. This was not the case with this purchase.

pob75

This is a brief side-by-side comparison of Quorum vintage (QV) with the newer formulation (QN).

QV is slightly deeper, mellower, smoother, more earthy and more animalic. It feels warmer, less sharp and more natural. A little more sour and leathery.
QN smells a bit sweeter/less sour and feels a fraction soapier and "fresher" but has a sharpness that QV does not have. QN has more of a urea note late on.
They both last and project very well, QV lasts and projects more but not by much.

Overall QN is a fairly faithful, minor modernisation of QV. The notes and progression are very similar.
I definitely prefer QV and will always get it if I can but would buy and use QN without feeling cheated.

[NOTES ON BOTTLES;
QV has "Quorum eau de toilette for men" upper front and just "Puig" lower front. Mine also has a massive spray button (much bigger than my fingertip) and is 125mls.
QN has "Quorum eau de toilette" upper front and "Antonio Puig" with "_ml/_FL OZ/85% vol" lower front. I think the largest size for this is 100mls. Mine has a normal sized (smaller than my fingertip) spray button.
The one pictured above is QN]

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

A great classical fragrance for "gentlemen". It`s very well blended, and the quality is very good though the price is quite cheap. It`s very woody, herbal and spicy, but not as strong as it seems. You got to have a certain style to pull off scents like this. Iron white shirt, suit-jacket and polished shoes is necessary. I love scents like this. I think it`s up there with Santos, Antaeus, Bois du Portugal and Oscar Pour lui.

nycemon
nycemon

Its a strong masculine perfume......its opening is too good....smells like a classic 80's perfume....
Few people commented its too strong when i wore it but i think they were jealous..Its stays on really long...
People who like sweet fruity floral smell please dont try this...its not for you...

pob75

I've got a vintage bottle of this. Haven't tried the newer one - yet.

It's classic, masculine and soapy. Wonderful smell. Vintage is still around and can get it cheaply. I really like it. Projection is strong for 5+ hours and longevity is well in excess of 9 hours on me.

Only one bad thing to say
- my girlfriend doesn't like it because of the "earthy smell that's like a horse's stable"........
I don't agree but I don't get to wear it as much as I'd like. Pity

mark.anderson
mark.anderson

Awesome fragrance. Big & bold on impact....... Refined, proud, confident, masculine. It's not about age...... It's about wether you're confident enough to be friends with the quarterback....... Grow some balls .... Man up...... Like a 68 Chevy!...... Everyone appreciates a good thing....... Not everyone can carry it off...... My signature fragrance..... Feel great in this scent!..... BoooYaaa Antonio!!

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Had this many years ago and used to love it then. I imagine it might seem a bit dated now, but a great fragrance nonetheless. Great memories...

thor
thor

Definitely NOT for the faint of heart. Someone has rightly said - Its "testosterone in a bottle".

I am in love with this scent. It opens really loud and hence some talk of having to survive the opening in order to experience its wonderful centre and base. But I for one, embrace it's opening.

The pine and tobacco have been blended to perfection together with the oakmoss and i have to say that i'm really blown away by the pine in quorum (it gives the scent such a clean personality amidst its smokiness). Everything about Quorum is just so masculine. But if a guy is to wear quorum, his personality better be up for it.

Much has been said already about the old and new formulations so i'll refrain from going there. But let me just say that i love both. Longevity and sillage wise, both are very good. I enthusiastically recommend Quorum (its a must-buy, really).

sistertricked
sistertricked

What a beautiful masculine scent. To my nose it seems to be a drier version of the original Scherrer, an old-school well made chypre. There are no overt flowers in this, the drydown is mostly moss and tobacco with leather, dark and dirty to die for. I am sure to steal sprays of it (as a woman) and why not try to combine it with some soliflorals, such as lily of the valley or jasmine ...
I recommend this solid oakmoss-tobacco scent to men in their 30-ies and up, as I hope they will appreciate its complex structure. Just go for it, it's divine.

Ad nauseam

Another fine classic that is thankfully still around.

I have a newer bottle and it is still a better fragrance than most of the stuff on the shelves today. It's very strong so don't over apply. Very long lasting which makes it an even better buy. A rugged and masculine yet refined and well put together fragrance.

Yes, it reminds me of my Father, but that just makes it more of a classic scent. Classic good taste NEVER goes out of style. I hope Puig never discontinues this one.

UPDATE 9/23/12 This is PERFECT for Fall evenings. Quorum is NOT an EA(Elizabeth Arden) Fragrance release as another reviewer points out. The one I have(which I assume to be "reformulated" version since I bought it in the last year) says "made in Spain by Antonio Puig SA" on the bottom of the box. I've also noticed the list of ingredients on the back of the box reads: alcohol denat., aqua(water), parfum(fragrance). There is no long list of ingredients similiar to what I see on newer fragrance boxes, so I guess I have a pre IFRA okmoss regulation version. This explains the huge oakmoss presence. It is such a rich and pleasant scent.

All of this talk about the vintage and reformulated/new versions is confusing. Trust me. Try Quorum. If you like refined manly man fragrances you will want to get this. It's deep and earthy yet clean and comforting. It's NOT sweet and powdery nor unisex. For the price I say it's a blind buy.

I'm going to buy another bottle to see if it's the same as the one I currently have. I don't know if I believe this talk about vintage vs. new. Could it be a ploy to get Fragrantica members to seek out and buy "vintage" on Ebay. I'm not falling for it, but if there was a better vintage version it must have been out of this world because current version is still heads above most of the fragrances on the market today. Just my opinion.

Kudos to Shamus1's reviews above and below. I couldn't have said it better or agree more.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I have the new version, the bergamot,oakmoss,pine and sandalwood are well done where the bergamot and citrus are floating well between the earthy tones.
Someone says its like YSL Jazz but its def. not!

Its a manly scent. I thought it would be harsher and tougher as i bought it blind but to my suprise this is a very "mild" fragrance. Mild in a way its a clean fresh bergamot rolled in the sand kind a way.
Good projection and longevity. stays long ons skin especially hairy skin. (arms,chest) if you have enough hair offcourse.

Someone told in a review its like a man who is not cheating on his wife/girlfriend and i agree with that.
Its for a type of guy who drives a woody stationcar and loves his family, not a party guy.

Very down to earth, very masculine.
not like Kouros i say.
Great price! great stuff!! must buy to try even blind.
Age : 20+
Projection : ok
longevity : great

Labaloo
Labaloo

Stunning hyper-masculine composition. Made to last through breakfast the next day. The cloviness of carnation sets this one apart from its contemporaries.

I was lucky-enough to land a 100ml vintage- there is no other way to fully-appreciate this one, and I have no more to say of its charms that hasn't been said already.

karthiktas
karthiktas

Its 80"s Smell. Its strong opening makes feel real man. Projection is great for 2 hour, Longevity Stays 4 hrs. Great... I Love it. If u want to smell 80"s go for it.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This one is an old fashioned gem, I found it coincidently...and when I sprayed on my wrist it smelled like trapped in moss. Very strong opening, but then it was getting milder and milder, very smooth drydown. I think it is in the same league with Azzaro pour Homme and Aramis Aramis, but not as thick Hermes Bel Ami or Chanel Antaeus. However, I like it! :)

sigolene
sigolene

I started using Quoram for men back in the mid 1980's for our summer parties in New Mexico by placing the contents in our evaporative water cooling unit tray. It was and remains stellar; for all guests find the scent evocative and leave their concerns behind as we all enjoy one another's companionship in the high desert nights with billions of twinkling stars above.

oxm
oxm

Quorum, belongs to the category of perfumes as a grown man, I think if played on a par with Azzaro, Polo, Yatagan, Kouros Anteus.In opening and has a bitter and smoky wood, after a few minutes settles into a soft, velvety balsamic wave which is really surprising, certain scents that I heard in carpentry appear here in the form of nuances and subtleties very pleasant, and gently warm the bottom of the corolla is bitter to this wonderful fragrance for someone who might be a little dated, but retains its charm.
Probably like the 50 and older, but it deserves much attention.
God save the Quorum

I fell in love with my husband when he first wore it. It still is my favourite smell on him.

Grottola
Grottola

I'm assuming the combination of artemesia, pine, cumin, and what appears to be thyme all combines to create a spicy blend that, to my nose, smells like cooking herbs. Or, God help me, stuffing. The resemblance is disturbing. I'm sure this smells different on others, and while it's by no means a *horrible* smell, I don't want to walk around smelling like stuffing.

Luckily, it's only $10!

deppard
deppard

Ah well,

THis perfume is elegent old school. However the note descriptions may not match the end product in toto.

From opening to dry down, it is pretty much the same. This is what I found out-

1. Smell of vetiver is on the stronger side (reminds you of Van Cleef by Van Cleef and Arpels). The smell stays till the end. (Top and dry down note)

2. Tobacco and leather mixture very subtle-- reminds you of English leather. (Middle note)-- hangs around.

3. No cloves, sandel wood, tea etc--- Can't find 'em.

If used in moderation this is rather pleasant and old fashioned in a manly manner. No doubt about that. Ideal for warm weather may be.. Blends well with the skin to dry down to give that warm effect.

As I said, if you combine English leather (Dana) & VC by VC , you 'll figure how this Quorum smells!

Common, old fashioned, elegent and cheap- a good general use chypre. U won't be making a fashion statement with this for sure-- But It exudes the warmth of home- this scent says U R a responsible domestic man, not a runaway stud or buck wild sex machine! Pretty okay for office or club wear on the fly. You can't go wrong with this type. Folk respect this smell. Reminds me of tweed coats n tudor style mansions actually.... Warm, simple, comforting, with subtle masculinity. --That I hear, has its own sex appeal. Something different from the floral smelling metrosexual pedicured chik boys :)

Con: Well it doesn't stay too long. 2-3 hours of projection. Then a very close to the skin faint aroma. Not bad. But its not a bomb. I've often resorted to spraying it repeatedly. Not nice isn't it?

All in all- doesn't hurt to have this one in your kitty.

Quorum is one of the best men cologne,period.It is a must have.I prefer the vintage though,but i have both.

fabodanilo
fabodanilo

ME IMPORTA UN BLEDO SI ESTA PASADO DE MODA , SI ES MUY DE LOS OCHENTAS ... SI ES DEMASIADO PODEROSO O MUY FUERTE ...ESA ES SU ESENCIA ¡¡ ...AMO ESTE PERFUME..NO ME CANSA Y ESO QUE TENGO 28 ,LO USO DESDE LOS 24 Y CONSIDERO QUE SE ADAPTA BASTANTE BIEN A MI PERSONALIDAD... ES FANTASTICO.

missan

Fortunately the vintage version is still available at some places. I just bought three 100ml bottles of it.

Vintage 9,5/10, present 5/10.

missan

Present version 5/10. Vintage version 9,5/10.

Vintage bottle= a bold line under Quorum, "eau de toilette" below the line in small letters.
Only "Antonio Puig" at the bottom of the bottle. I think.

Have you ever wondered what a typical powerhouse (green) fougere smells like? Try Quorum! Unbottoned shirt / hair-chested /in your face masculinity at its best. A testosterone manifesto.

Boatloads of oakmoss enriched by tobacco, leather, some coniferous and woods. Green and powerful, aromatic and extremely manly. A cult cheap fragrance that if applied moderately it's terrific but if you go heavy on the trigger, may easily turn grotesque. It does great on the Yatagan/Tsar axis.

Rating: 7.5/10

masak389
masak389

Where are cloves in frag description fragrantica? I'm sure that this fougere masterpiece is constructed around this esence along with tobacco, geranium and leather as principal notes. I love it.

mehrdad
mehrdad

برای من با محصولی دیگر از این کمپانی یعنی آگوا براوا خیلی نوستالوژیک است
در زمان خودش کاری درخور توجه بود
بوی کاج را از عطرش کاملا میشد حس کرد
در ان سالها که مصرف میکردم خیلی دوام و پخش بوی خوبی داشت ولی چند سال پیش که تست کردم دیدم آن دوام سابق را ندارد! مثل همه چیز دیگر در دنیا
بهر حال آگوا براوا از این کار سر تر و بوی خاص تری دارد
دوست داران عطر دریک حتما از این عطر بسیار خوششان خواهد آمد چون دقیقا بوی ادکلن خاطره انگیر دریک را می دهد

corvuseye
corvuseye

Haven't smelled this in years and from the reviews it would only seem worth while to TRY to get a vintage (80's) bottle...That said..in my middle age memories now, there was something VERY sexy about this stuff, and for a very reasonable price. Oddly it didn't smell cheap. Maybe it's the tabacco, and there was something that smelled like a men's wooden cufflink box, or a man's closet. 9not sandle alone), and NOT a uni sex scent__ it's all MALE, which is refreshing and sexy. Balsam, maybe and something European, in there, (I think the original was made in Spain...) A man could do worse than to wear some of the vintage stuff, long after dinner, and with somebody they really like! (Bet you could stump even a "perfumista " with this one, IF you could get the original....).

missan

Now guys You have obviously not experienced the non reformulated one. It has to be 30/10. Now it´s only a week shadow of its former glory.

samihardanian
samihardanian

MY RATING: 10/10

shamus1

Reformulated or not, or whether or not it's as strong as you originally expected it to be, Quorum is still a beast. Few fragrances exude the balls-out masculinity that Quorum does - only Drakkar Noir, Brut and Havana rise to this level.

Sure, after an hour or so it doesn't have the crushing sillage like a Lapidus Pour Homme does, but how many other fragrances can you think of that smell so manly? Quorum is a masterpiece brew of tobacco, patchouli, pine, leather, cumin and oakmoss, and it combines those notes in a way that shamelessly ignores all fragrance trends. It's the epitome of old school masculine perfumery, and the complete opposite of everything that is hip, unisex or stylish. How can you not respect a company that has the guts to even still produce this?

Puig reformulated Quorum years ago, and although the current juice is a little bit less woody and long lasting as it used to be, the difference is negligible and not worth crying over. I own bottles of both vintage and new versions, and I alternate wearing both regularly. It's still one of the best powerhouse fragrances ever.

Quorum makes no apologies for what it is. Wearing this is sure to scare off wimps and anyone else who can't handle such a macho scent.

MY RATING: 10/10

egyboy
egyboy

I gotta say that this perfume is one of my favourite ones. My big sister loves it on me saying it smells awsome like champange.
Well, I find this so smoky and intrigue and I guess it's because of the leather, tobacco and other spices blended together.... So mature and classy!

ARAMIS

This one is a good "sniffing"! it resembles to Wilderness from Avon.

SilverFire
SilverFire

When I put on this fragrance, I got no pine, no metal, nothing of the sort: only a medicine smell that screamed "barbershop frag". After an hour, though, I smell like lemon cleaner and pine -- which isn't awful, but it doesn't exactly work either. As time goes on, there is this cinammony kind of note that starts swirling around me, whatever it is, it's the same thing in Hugo Boss and Dunhill's Desire for a Man (bergamot?). It smells a little harsh, a little rusty, but it's not bad. It's a bit more aggro. A bit later, is where the pine scent returns, and that's how it finishes, with a woodsy pine scent. It feels a bit rough around the edges, but I guess even in its reformulated version, that's part of the appeal. I get the feeling that they succeeded in softening up Quorum, but in the process, took out what made it what it was. Now I'm curious how the original compares.

RayFlash
RayFlash

Imagine it's early 80's, you're a strong composed man in your late 40's. You have a villa in the middle of a pine forest. You're wearing a suit and a light brown suede jacket on top. You're relaxed, smoking a pipe and just taking a walk through the woods. Suddenly, you fall over and pieces of forest bed get into your nose. That's how Quorum smells like! Isn't that wonderful?

missan

I have come to realize that the Quorum I praised ealier is no more. The new bottle is very different and I don´t care for it at all. It´s mostly a fake lemon and smoke. Why do they do this with all good colognes, seems people in charge couldn´t care less.

twlahue
twlahue

This is certainly not the same as the original fragrance from the 80's. My brother and I used to rock this stuff back then, but I am not very fond of the new formula.

When I first sampled this one, nearly three years ago, I was having problems with lavender, even in small amounts. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the first Quorum I sampled was the old formulation (or one in the middle, so to speak), because I remember strong lavender and tobacco. When I bought a bottle on ebay about two years later, it seemed like a different fragrance. This one is well balanced, and the pine seems to be the strongest note (perhaps just the most obvious), though I avoid top notes as much as possible. I also detected a metallic/aldehydic type of thing going on, which I don't like. However, given a little time one gets used to it and it doesn't ruin the fragrance for me. One thing I look for in inexpensive fragrances is whether it has what I call a "synthetic olfactory blob" quality, or whether it has good "separation." It does not have the former, but the separation could be a bit better (in order to acheive optimal dynamism). The notes are natural (other than that metallic kind of thing) and the longevity and projection/"sillage" is at least very good. This is not a 9 or 10 (out of ten) if measured against the best "power frags" of the 1980s, but it's probably in the 7 to 8 range, which is excellent considering the current prices.

The original version is fabulous, at least a 9 out of ten. There is a natural "freshness" to the opening that stays for quite a while (grapefruit and lemon, it seems) and offers appropriate counterbalance to the "dark" base notes. I don't get any metallic quality from this version, and the complexity and dynamism is about as good as any other fragrance I've sampled. And this lasts a very long time. The lavender is strong but soft and floral, and not that searing kind of fougere found in fragrances like Lomani or Montana Parfum d'Homme. Note that if you want the original, it should only say Puig or Antonio Puig on the bottom of the front of the bottle. If it says 100 ml, 3.4 oz., 85% vol (something along those lines) under where it says Antonio Puig or Puig) I think that's the new version. If you are into fresh/aquatic/sport fragrances, however, there's no need to sample this one.

UPDATE: I acquired another bottle that I think is the first reformulation. This is a very good fragrance in its own right but much more floral than the earlier or later ones.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Back in 2008, I thought the people who talked about reformulations were being too picky and just ignored them. However, as my "nose" developed I began to perceive vast differences, particularly in the base notes. For example, super sandalwood notes were gone in the new versions of several vintage fragrances. This is not imaginary, as there are some ingredients that are simply no longer available, or at least would not be used in "cheapo" fragrances (due to a steep rise in costs). Now I think the "problem" is that a lot of people who want to think of themselves as aficionados can't tell the difference, so they say it is imaginary. Think what you like, but I'm going to keep trying to grab as many vintage bottles of fragrances like Quorum if the price is right while simultaneously trying to sell or swap off my reformulations. Therefore, we can help each other out, so there is no reason for any animosity!

GeorgeHarness
GeorgeHarness

possibly the best, for lack of a better word, 'old time' fragrances, reminds me alot of Aramis life and azzaro pour homme though.

blueberry
blueberry

Now, that's what I love on men! It may sound cliche, but this is a truly masculine fragrance, not for wimps, not for sissies.It just screams to me: "I'm a man." Absolutely amazing and long lasting mysterious and enchanting, old-school perfume. Be bold and believe that women are tired of contemporary overly sweet or generic colognes on their men! Go for a classic instead!

EDIT: But do not wear it in the summer - it will spoil everything then!

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

This is how real men should smell.

A master piece. love it

santino
santino

To make things short, if I were to die tomorrow, I would prefer to wear quorum while dying. It will smell masculine, dark, rugged, sexy and mysterious. When I was a kid, I first smelled this when my father got a bottle of this as a gift. I wore this to the Batman movie (The Jack Nicholson/ Mike Keaton/ Kim Basinger movie). And from then on, my association of this cologne is very dark, chivalrous, brave and super sexy. So I call it the batman cologne. (Its funny how smells shape our memories and this right here is a perfect example). I have stockpiled this one in case I cannot find it. Simply love it.

guest_Rotimi
guest_Rotimi

The best men cologne.It is a must have and a classic period.

PieRat
PieRat

Very nice manly frag. Is it Aramis, or is it Quorum? Sometimes I think it could be either/or. There are a lot of similarities between the two. Love the in your face ballsy frags!

guest_guido1967
guest_guido1967

love this powerhouse scent from my first use in 1983.
strong, woody, spicy, and fresh not for younger men.
it have this curious earthy "rhubarb" note.

Finisterle
Finisterle

While Quorum may not be the nuclear missile it often is described as it does have the time authentic serious & gloomy 80's cold war aura about it. You know - very serious looking men in trenchcoats smoking pipes and cigarillos and carrying around briefcases with disturbing military content.

It is clear to me that Quorum looked very much at its time. The bottle design is strongly influenced by angular 80's sci fi and 80's home computers.

I don't really recommend the fragrance other than a brief trip down nostalgia lane. But the bottle(s) is a piece of 80's aesthethic which is very hard to find new today except when you buy this frag. So by all means do buy it and use the bottle as a conversation piece.

scentology
scentology

I remember Quorum and Open from the 80s. But Quorum is a magnificent scent. It embodies Tobacco and Patchouli in a perfect manner. Typically designed for seniors, it still never lost fame or elegance. It isn't expensive at all but it sure delivers what other powerhouse perfumes do. I plan to get it nowadays for the winter.

Sillage : beyond imagination
Longevity : it stays..and stays...
Feeling : Bold and Mature
Feedback : sure, but not from the young
Recommendation : c'mon, it's inexpesive and longlasting

RobbieX
RobbieX

Back in the 80's I thought this was OK. But I have just bought a new bottle and have rediscovered Quorum. It's a nice soapy, fresh, spicy scent that is well put together with a lovely sweet woody drydown. (The drydown, for me, is the best part of this lovely scent) Longevity is fair. It's not expensive but is just as classy as some of the big guns. Quorum is in the same family as the classic Azzaro L'Homme and the very good "One Man Show" by Bogart in my opinion. This is a very good retro scent and very masculine

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Quarum is quite similar to Cabochard but with pine in the top notes the drydown is unisex in this collector's opinion.As a female I will wear it in cooler weather.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

For those who care to be boldly spiced. My dad loves this stuff. 100% man.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Quorum is a threatening green fragrance. It isn't friendly, it isn't light and uplifting, and it certainly isn't contemporary. That said, I think it's a brilliant herby/piney/tobacco '80s masculine power monster. It's hard not to like it, it's so out there. It takes dark greens to a whole new level. You can get a bottle for less than $15 at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Thumbs up for me.

missan

Update: One of the absolute best ever made, just as good as Antaeus, Van Gils Classic, Van Cleef and Arpels, Yatagan, Grey Flannel, Paco Rabanne,Azzaro

choligal
choligal

The best of the best!!! I love this fragance!!!!! And women to!!!!!!!!

instantjim

I reviewed this some time ago and in the time since, my admiration for this truly undervalued fragrance has grown. It holds its own against the classics and powerhouses like Polo by Ralph Lauren, Yatagan by Caron and Alfred Sung Homme, but can usually be purchased for around $15 US for 100mL.

guest_Naqoyqatsee
guest_Naqoyqatsee

well just see the ad on this page - WOMEN do like it, chickz usually don´t...

that´s just matter of which of them you prefer - I´ll just take the first ones;)

steen
steen

When all the guys in high school were doused in Drakkar, my friend, Kye, wore Quorum and I spent most of my free time sniffing his neck.

missan

Quorum is that kind of cologne that always will have it´s place. I think the smell is very good composed with, as it seems, high quality ingredients. Great for all occations but nights out.
Really like it, from an era where colognes could be strong. Belongs to my top five.
Does it smell weak? NO. Does it smell synthetic? NO. Is it expensive? NO. Is the longevity poor? NO. Well then it´s not modern.

evamoon
evamoon

Really nice and interesting fragrance for men, not a usual weak fragrance, which is typical nowdays and which everybody wears like a flock.

ARAMIS

Do ladies like it? is Silage OK?
I imagine it is a unique!

Update: I try this, it is unique mysterious dark one. i like this style!

Yes it resembles kouros a bit (Artimisia note?), but is better and not nasty!

ShiseidoTactics
ShiseidoTactics

Pasó de moda, pero en su momento fue todo un exito. Me sigue gustando.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

quorum is an evergreen spanish fragrance, though it has become very very common but still it has got its grace and charm. to me its very very mature spicy fragrance not for my age group. it's an inexpensive too!
i give it 5.5 out of 10

varondandy
varondandy

SEX-IN-A-BOTTLE...caution...slipery when wet. Buenas noches/Goodnight.

gothic artist
gothic artist

Great smelling stuff--I borrow my husband's bottle and use it sometimes. Love the tobacco and leather in it.

ricardohmedina
ricardohmedina

Great scent and fabulous staying power. Totally masculine, and not that fruity-fresh-candy-modern metrosexual stuff.

instantjim

This has great staying power! It is quite sharp and a deep inhalation will have many sneezing (it did me). The woody piney notes are very pronounced as is the oakmoss. In may ways it is like Paco Rabanne - it has that fresh soapy sort of a smell. It is hard to believe how cheap it is (around $15 Australian ($12 US) for 100mL). I am impressed with this fragrance.

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

My dad has it, I like it. I use it every now and then. It's a classic manly scent with freshness to keep it wearable for everyday

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

I have a good friend who wears this and I LOVE to smell it on him. It is very strong-after he hugs me the smell clings to my face and clothes. I do enjoy the scent, though.

Castor
Castor

A "hate it or love" scent dating from 1982, it used to be sold in high-end department stores in the USA when launched. Now a drugstore scent, it did not loose any of its appeal for those looking for a strong one.

Top notes are dominated by grapefruit and lemons, while leather is the main note in its drydown.

Quorum it not for everybody, so I would suggest to try it before buying it - unless you don't mind loosing a small amount of money in case you end up no liking it.

Cheadle
Cheadle

80's Bold, strong, in your face and inexpensive. Apply sparingly, use in the evening or on cold days. This macho man fragrance is very strong but with careful application it is actually very attractive.
Why is it cheap / easy on the wallet? Its smell may signal aggressiveness but it does not smell cheap based on comparisons with scents that cost 2-3 times as much. Pity about the much talked about downgrading (reformulations like mutations never seem to produce anything better). Good thing I used the classic, next time I feel like Quorum I know what to look for.

This paragraph is new as at 15 Nov 2012. I just bought another Quorum. If this is a reformulation, its quite potent lasts all day. its got grit true grit. How this is so cheap is beyond me. These days scents made from compressed air, burnt rubber and plastic shavings are priced astronomically. I guess Puig must use some really "high... quality... inferior... ingredients" If this were a Givenchy, Chanel or Guerlain, it would be hailed as a masterpiece and it would cost and arm and a leg. Thank you to all the guys who stick their neck out to say it as it is Quorum can go note for note with any power house. You just have to know how to pull it off, spray lightly, go easy on the trigger. Dab neck & behind ears, arm length light spray on chest. enough!!.... B4 if forget this must be preceded by a shower but I guess you already knew that

Quorum by Antonio Puig 3.84 out of 5 based on 604 ratings and 170 user reviews

Antonio Puig Quorum Gift Set for Men, 1 set
QUORUM for MEN by Antonio Puig SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
QUORUM for MEN by Antonio Puig SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 3.3oz
Quorum Gift Set by Antonio Puig Gift Set for Men Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz After Shave

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Antonio Puig Quorum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Antonio Puig Quorum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Quorum by Antonio Puig. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Quorum by Antonio Puig represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.