Designers » A » Woody Spicy « Groups

Quorum Silver Antonio Puig for men

Quorum Silver Antonio Puig for men
dislike

Quorum Silver was launched in 2005. It opens with fresh notes of bergamot, ginger, artemisia, mandarin, cardamom and lavender. In the heart, there are red pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg, while the base features cedar, patchouli, guaiac wood and amber,

Available as EDT.

Eau de Cade

Quorum Silver Fragrance Reviews

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Great fragrance! At this price,(£12-60 for 100ml), it's a good one to take away on holiday if you don't want to risk your prized scents going through luggage handling. Worth the blind buy, and far better than some of the more expensive scents around. I'm pretty certain to be buying another bottle :-)

AmazonGrace

@KoceFF: "Different people, different noses." Agreed!

To be honest: I wouldn't mind at all if my nose could pick up some of the spices that others are getting.

KoceFF

@AmzaonGrace Difrent people diferent noses. When i first bought this i smelled the cedar for the first 20 minutes-then the spices-and then the cedar again. Now after allmost a month everything is cedar. Ok 98%. The longevity though it's not so impresive. maybe it's my skin. A friend has it also and it projects and lasts realy good.

AmazonGrace

Spicy? I find it ironic that several reviews claim that this is spicy, especially since men tend to know spicy when they encounter it. Spicy is the original Quorum. Even the Aqua Quorum flanker is spicy--both scents of which my brother owns.

Probably the main reason this is the only Quorum I personally like on me is because it lacks (to my nose) the spices so prominent in the other two.

Also: this is an authentic cedar note that lasts from initial spray all throughout to the drydown. I decided to come over to the men's department to look for a long-lasting wood note as I had no luck there with women's (or unisex) fragrances.

Don't let this put you off from trying the fragrance, as it's a great bargain. I definitely think the spices are there only to subtly enhance the dry cedar/forest floor predominance.

Ps. Scent has no gender if you're concerned about this being in any way "feminine."

KoceFF

Very very woody opening.That is nice. It is a bit too spicy for warm summer days,maybe at night.
The first 10-15minutes it is great woody smell.
After that the spices kick in and I am not a big fan of that.
The last stage is were I can see the comparation with Azzaro Visit and that is quite well too.
Its a good smell but i think it would be much better if they tone down the spices a bit.

richtea
richtea

This one is a pleasant surprise
Very woody with a bright and quite spicy opening
Dries down very nicely if not a little bit linear
There are shades at times of a Gucci Envy hint (a good thing) and the Woodsy stuff is very definite mainly being Cedar bound
I can sense pepper and maybe a touch of Patchouli but the general effect is a Cedar/Pencil Shavings kind of Woods effect with some Citrus adding a little brightness
This lasts a long time on my skin ie up to 6 hrs and projects well for maybe 3-4 hrs
At its price i cant recall many other fragrances i've tried which have this quality and a deep woodsy sillage
Well worth a try

smellavision
smellavision

OK, let me start with a word of advice if you're planning on blind buying this stuff : I did it, because of the low Price. My first thought when trying it was "Wow, this smells exactly like something my older Brother would Wear in the early 1980's!". Cedar, cedar, cedar with herbal hints of ginger. I couldn't stand it, way too oldschool, but forced myself to trying it several times and after five or six brawls I kinda got to like it. Very potent & powerful stuff, but actually I've grown quite fond of it, Works especially nice on warmer days. Great projection and sillage, very good value for Money on this. Just wondering, am I the only one that gets hints of basil in this ?

ses101
ses101

This smells almost like a spicy medicine to me, but in a good way. It is quite retro, but unlike most older fragrances it smells fresh and clear and doesn't leave that generic honky smell (sorry I'm no expert on notes) that a lot of the older ones do.

I don't think this one will attract the younger ladies, but it is one fragrance I like to go to in my collection when I want a warm and uplifting treat.

beyazgölge
beyazgölge

I blind bought it. but i've disappointed. it is a synthetic woody scent. yes, it is cheap but you can try something different

michael.krauser
michael.krauser

Thought I would buy without smelling this but that was a mistake. I based my purchase on the good reviews on here but this time I got burned. This fragrance smells good but for me, it does not last. Longevity is only about an hour. :( Thank goodness I only payed $9 for this.

AmazonGrace

A blind buy for me, but I wouldn't have been disappointed had it cost more than twice the price. I bought this for three reasons: the main notes listed in the fragrance, the good reviews here, and because I was looking for a predominantly cedar scent.

The cedar is the dominant note on my skin, but the amber, mild patchouli, ginger, and nutmeg aren't too far behind the cedar. I can't detect any noticeable citrus, floral, or pepper in this--and maybe they are there just enough to keep this interesting and balanced...averting a feeling of too much of any one note.

Yes: this is marketed to men, but I believe it's lovely for a woman who craves the very natural notes of a scent that is refreshing, realistic, and outdoorsy. It's a real comfort scent on me, and I often spritz a bit before I retire at night.
Comfortable as it may be: the longevity is impressive (6-8 hours) with moderate sillage.

I am always thrilled to find quality scents, but especially quality scents at such a fantastic price. I will most definitely repurchase this, and likely so in the near future.

This is one of many fragrances where I think the price will skyrocket once people become more aware of it's outstanding qualities. Enjoy!

ma2afify
ma2afify

peppery peppery to say the least

NiceNiffs
NiceNiffs

Oldskool?.....maybe just a little but if you like Issey Miyake's classic L'eau d'Issey then you'll probably like Quorum Silver.

The two do stand apart but share very similar character - peppery-tangy-spicy. The differences are L'eau d'Issey's Yuzu giving it that unique sour/bitter twang whereas Quorum Silver has a brighter, effervescent vibe from its ginger-cinnamon-orange zest and spices.

A couple of sprays will give good sillage and it lasts really well. I like this one a lot and managed to find it online at £9.40 for 100ml - great value for money.

mr.neutron
mr.neutron

Quorum Silver is a good budget fragrance for those who like a spicy, woody scent. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cedar come through loud and clear. It will last a long time as well. You could certainly do a lot worse at a much higher price so it is well worth considering.

cdresz
cdresz

Cedar! Classic, masculine, spiced cedar scent. This is a mature fall/winter scent. Really pour it on for the holidays. Nothing special about the bottle, great sprayer. I use 4 sprays.

d04m022011

This is the best version of flankers Quorum. Very masculine, elegant. Long lasting and great sillage. Is out of line, but who have the opportunity, should take advantage and buy it.

JsunJsun
JsunJsun

Bought this due to all the good reviews and for the fact I love cedar and wood type scents. I just sprayed my first spritz and I like it! I was scared it would be an overly masculine "older" scent, but it's very bright and inviting! If it were wine it would be dry, my nose detects that dry tartness underneath the bright lavender/bergamot/pepper/amber opening. As scent it is comfortable and "suede", meaning as it dries it gets more soft in a cedar/amber warmth type of way. It's the type of scent that makes a younger guy feel more professional and sexy, and any older gentlemen feel younger. I will definitely keep this in my arsenal to use every few days! While it may not be my signature, this is a scent that all guys need (maybe some girls even!) especially since it is not expensive!

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

I bought this blind having known Quorum traditional before and ...Quorum is cheap. Firstly, each push-down on the nozzle releases serious amounts of the liquid; perhaps being the reason behind its knockout projection. I can't wear this as its just too strong. I might try decanting some into a tester with minimal spray and see if that makes it a bit more subtle but I fail to see it as a masculine scent as the undisputed longivity gives off such powerful aroma. Definitely a pleasure to smell and analyse as quite complex. 80's futuristic Sci-fi style bottle and slightly cheapo cap with clearer glass than the darker Quorum original. Bit disappointing for me personally, but can see its allure for some.

warlockss
warlockss

by the reviews sounds like its a good buy , i love the smell of cedar with vanilla , gonna give this a try .

DJM
DJM

I bought this as a blind buy too. Owned and loved the original when it was first introduced, and even though I realized that this was nothing at all like the orginal, I wanted to give it a try and see what the hype was about.

From the first spray, I was not let down or disappointed in my choice in any way. Compared to what is out there now, and I would call it slim pickings as far as new frags are concerned, this smells much more expensive then it is. I would glady pay triple the price I paid for this one. Not earth shattering, but is overall a very pleasant scent. Makes a nice statement with out being too loud or offensive. Some woods, some spice I detect but an amazingly light scent, but yet you can still feel its presence. Long lasting on me, good silage and I feel as though I can wear this just about anywhere at any given time.

If you are a fan of ginger and a slight pink pepper based cologne, you could not go wrong with this one. This is pretty versatile wearing for me. One of the better blind buys for me to the point where I think I am going to pick up an extra bottle just to have on hand.

My score 8/10

lomerlaw
lomerlaw

This was a blind buy, based on positive reviews here. I am glad I took those reviews to heart and gave it a shot! I don't profess to have a connoisseur's nose for all the ingredients, but I find Quorum Silver to have successfully nailed the spicy, cedarwood elements. There's a pleasant peppery element, and do I detect a hint of leather? Not many others have indicated that aspect, but I sense it in the background.

Quorum Silver is a very masculine scent, which for guys in the under-30 crowd will make them stand out from the cloyingly-sweet metrosexual scents so common in clubs and bars. There's an older-guy essence about it, but in sort of a hip, "Mad Men" (the TV series) kind of vibe.

As others have noted, Quorum Silver softens and improves with the dry-down, but this seems to me to be rather "linear" in nature: the essential elements remain consistent from start to finish. For me that enhances the perceived longevity, and I like this scent from start to finish.

Scent: 8
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 8

Overall: 8.5

Purchased at Marshalls/Winners here in Canada, at $14.99 for 50ml bottle, which makes this the best value in my cabinet.

**EDIT**: A friendly reminder. Like its sibling product, Quorum, these bottles emit a prodigious amount with each spray. Each spray of Quorum Silver is like two shots of most other bottles.

riolux
riolux

Top notes are a bit old school, but once you get past that there's a classy, versatile warm cedar smell waiting. Lot of bang for the buck.

vonMises
vonMises

Top quality. Nothing artificial here. Cedar, softened with ginger and spices that are occasionally so rich as to mimic the richness of vanilla, but always very clear and clean. (This is not to say it smells like vanilla, but it has a richness akin to fragrances that have vanilla in the base.)

It is amazing this lurks around out there so quietly, inconspicuously. It would be worth its cost at $80 bottle, but it runs less than $20. The perfumer should get some credit here!

guitarravolador
guitarravolador

Very nice frag. Bought it a while back but didn't really appreciate it. 3 years later and became a favorite lol. Smells great for daytime, and think it would work during nighttime too!

word-doctor
word-doctor

I love cedar and was looking for something I could afford, since Creed Bois DP is way out of my range. I like the dry, "old" cedar of an antique chest. Quorum's cedar is, as Anywhere notes, a little sweeter. Not at all cloying in isolation, and when mixed with the spice accords and subtle florals it's a well-balanced frag.

QS is not as marvelous as Q. It is probably more versatile on the casual side but certainly appropriate for work. Sillage is a little above average and longevity a step further up yet.

Edit--I'll continue to explore cedars, but this is going to stay in the wardrobe. Great scent for cooler weather and great value.
Sillage: 8/10

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Very fine fragrance.
I was searching for something woody-foresty, resiny-fresh like a christmas tree without gingerbread and vanille aura. I remembered Kenzo Jungle PH, and I noticed similaryty of couple of major notes between it and Quorum Silver. Blind buy I'm definitely satisfied with.
QS opens with a powerful fresh-spicy nutmeg with gentle semi-sweet citruses and ginger. Somewhere here sounds also an echo of resiny woods. Then in the core it warms into a charming, gentle sweet, mild aroma of woods, definitely green but still woody, especially from a guaiac. The drydown is quite plain with, I would say, 'sugary cedar' which I find sometimes very nice but especially in warmer temperatures on my skin it turns into little headachey.
But the longevity of freshness from the opening and the core lasts reasonably, sillage is average and fragrance lasts well.

Despite this one little flaw in the drydown I like it very much. Yes, it is quite mature but who cares, I'm not 18teen any more ;)Recommended for day-time all year round.

PS: I have only a tester bottle wihout a cap but I must admit it looks pretty nice, the atomiser is solid and presentation is similar to Declaration by Cartier.

Nordic_Saab95
Nordic_Saab95

Pretty much what everyone elses has said on here. A must have in any collection. Definately runs with the big dogs, at a fraction of the price.
Remember... a little bit goes a long way.

dancinleroy

Also, this fragrance reminds me of some other fragrance that I can't put my finger on. It's killing me! I'm thinking maybe a darker version of brooklyn by Bond No. 9?

dancinleroy

Should I be the first to write a negative review? No! This stuff is good. It's not amazing, great, jaw dropping but it's a solid good, cheap fragrance. I can definitely see the resemblence of azzaro visit but this is by no means a clone of visit. When you first spray this stuff, it is a bright/citrus/ginger-like scent, whereas visit is spicy/licorice/nutmeg. The dry down is where the similarities are. Quorum silver is definitely heavy in the cedar but the pink pepper, mandarin and lavender start taking control. Silver settles down into cedar, musk, amber smell which is very subtle and relaxing. It's overall a good fragrance that can be worn in any season, much like visit in my opinion. The warmth of the drydown works perfectly for cold weather and the citrus/ginger/pepper/musk combo work great for warm weather. Still in the longevity trial, but in the great dry-down phase now. So far, I give this a SOLID 8/10.

waine
waine

This is a first, a perfume review with not a single negative comment. (Albeit only 12 reviews.) To me this says something positive for Antonio Puig’s Quorum Silver.

I tested this yesterday after reading Fragrantica’s reviews and I was tempted by the positive feedback as well as the reasonable price. Whenever a perfume is priced “cheaper” than others I am sceptical, suspecting that it must somehow be “inferior.” This proved my theory wrong.

Two sprays on my wrist launched a spicy, extremely pleasant citrus aroma. Walking around the shop my wrist unfolded a delightful warm nutmeg / pepper smell. I started to like this immediately. At home four hours later it changed into a masculine dryish woody clean, slightly herbal smell. I asked my wife to smell my wrist. “Wow, now that’s nice!” She exclaimed. I made up my mind that I will buy it.

The scent and longevity is impressive. Quorum Silver smells like a quality perfume you would pay R650 ( $92) for. However it retails for R399. ( $57) Undoubtedly one of the best value for money buys you can get. The only negative is it may be a little unoriginal, but that does not worry me. It smells amazing on me and that’s what counts the most.

This is my next buy which I will certainly update afterwards.

Overall, a fantastic scent for less than expected. Highly recommended.

Rating out of 5:

Scent: 4.1
Originality 3.9
Bottle: 2.9
Longevity: 4.0

pob75
pob75

If you don't like Quorum don't be put off by the name of this - this has nothing in common with Quorum, it's a completely different scent. It is also far better than it's price suggests it will be.

Initially muted fruit/citrus and slightly sweet woodiness with a bit of depth. Later there is a slight pepperiness, more depth and a little hint of smokiness.

Appears to be quite weak at first but it seems to strengthen as it warms on your skin. Projection is subtle but quite strong for 5+ hours and it still has some projection for hours beyond that. Longevity is good - it is clear and quite strong on skin for around 8 hours and doesn't disappear for 11+ hours.

Well worth a try. A very good, safe, subtle and fresh/woody scent that is excellent value. Smells great, lasts very well and projects quite well. For me it is an office/everyday fragrance for warmer weather. Will definitely buy again.

MrMookie

My praise in my former review gets another positive review with a big plus!, this scent gets better and better if you use it and in hotter weather conditions.
Its not a summer scent let me say that clear, but i first used in in the winter and i thought it was more dry,colder, abstract close to skin scent.
Now using this scent temps above 18 degrees celcius makes it even better! its refreshing and gets herbal and can be used if you are having a headache!
drydown is great.

pricetag vs quality/longevity/stayingpower/sillage : damn good if not the best!
the best value for money scent i own now!

ZELJO
ZELJO

nothing memorable on it but smells nicely indeed, reminds me a lot to other,much more expensive fragances and I think this is the right one to wear when you work in office, bank, etc and also when going to the gym as being a soft one mixes up nicely with the fresh soaking and gives to oneself a good feeling

kanak
kanak

tried a little on my arm and knew i had smelled this before. went home and smelled my old botle of escada magnetism and this is a dead ringer for it, though i can see where the azzaro visit comparisions come from. if you like the above mentioned EDT's or even armani code, pick this up. for the price this is a fantastic fragrance.

VanAllan
VanAllan

As an Azzaro Visit's lover and wearer for some years by now, the notes melted in this Puig creation have striked me as something lovable from the very first sniff.
Lavender, ginger & pepper are making a good start for this beauty, followed almost instantly by a big cedar note, together with some sweet-smoky nutmeg which stayed on me almost unchange for at least good 3-4 hrs.
Make no mistake, cedar is the main actor here so if you don't like cedar, you should probably stay away from this. As for myself, I enjoyed every minute of its development on my skin and I can say that in some parts I like it even more than Visit.
Drydown is at a 5-6 hrs distance form top notes with its beautiful sweet and not-cloying notes of guaiac-wood, amber and of course a lot of cedar...
An underrated cheap fragrance and a very good value for the money. My humble rank: 7/10. ☣☣

RobbieX
RobbieX

Another blind buy coz it's inexpensive. Does not smell inexpensive though, it's very lovely and quite unusual. A bright fresh citrussy and cedar opening then a woody/citrus/musk and floral drydown. Stays fresh throughout. It has a good projection and staying power. The silage is particularly nice. Quorum Silver is aptly named. A nice bright fresh woody scent.

ericrico
ericrico

Blind buy based on reviews here and elsewhere - thank you very much! Very good juice. Hesitant at first and passed over it numerous times because I wasn't sure if it was going to be a synthetic mess. Cheesy box and 80's-90's flacon (looks like anything from Puig, just a different color)...but that is nothing more than the cover of a book one should not judge. It's all about the juice! shamus1 and omerpervaiz were the two reviews that nailed it down for me. This is truly good stuff! I punched Like and would give it a solid 7.5/10 as well. A little more projection and longevity and it hits 8/10, but both of those are average. While it is nothing amazing or original it is a solid fragrance. The notes that make this good for me are the cedar, ginger, lavender and a nice pink pepper (bright). Kudos to the Puig house for creating a nice composition that is very nice, safe and would be nearly impossible to over-apply or be offensive in any way. I love cheap, blind buys like these. Cheers!

haborym26
haborym26

close to azzaro visit with spicy citrusy bitterness.very good longevity.great job.

MrMookie

I got it yesterday! its hard to find here in my country.
Also a blind buy because it was so cheap (13 euro for 100 ml) on the 'few' reviews but dayum! and thank you Antonio Puig!
Its a deep and masculine scent with cedar n leather but also fresh n spicy.
If i think of Quorum Silver is see a frosted cedartrees in a winterdry deserted fields, almost an abstract scent. (dont expect this one to be like Puigs Quorum original that one is warmer)
Great for going out or the office.

Ive had a lot a scents in my life also the cheap ones for testing but this one can be placed on the same shelf of the more expensive ones around.

UPDATE:
Today i sniffed Azzaro Chrome! and Chrome is really a bit blike Quorum silver! i smelled the same Uber Dry tones in it!
if you like Azzaro Chrome you def will like Puigs silver Quorum! Chrome is older so i give credits to the house of loris azzaro!

Great Scent : 8
Long lasting : 9
Sillage :8

andersv
andersv

This was a blind buy (as most of the scents I buy) I'm impressed of nearly everything here. Smell; sillage and looong lasting scent! An for the price it's hard to beat!

d04m022011

De todas as versões Quorum, o melhor. Muito masculino, elegante. Fora de linha, mas quem conseguir deve comprar.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Oh what a great fragrance it is, smells expensive but costs less. a good dry woody/aromatic fragrance, light but at the same time deep. Very masculine too!
Highly recommended & highly appreciated! Go grab it!!! it is far better than many expensive perfumes available.
Good silage & moderate longevity.
Great work done by PUIG
i give it 8.5 out of 10.

shamus1
shamus1

Don't expect a variation on Quorum with this. Quorum Silver smells nothing like Quorum.

It's basically a good, solid cedar fragrance. It's crisp and dry, with cedar as the showcase note. I smell a little bit of the pepper, lavender, citrus, and patchouli listed in the pyramid, but make no mistake - this is all about wood and cedar.

The scent gets more interesting the longer it's worn, because it becomes darker and deeper smelling in the drydown. Longevity and sillage are both very good.

Quorum Silver is nothing amazing or original, but it's a good addition to a wardrobe if you're looking for a quality dry woody fragrance.

MY RATING: 7.5/10

Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig 4.19 out of 5 based on 151 ratings and 43 user reviews

Aftershave 3.4oz
Antonio Puig Quorum Silver Gift Set, 1 set
Antonio Puig Quorum Silver Gift Set, 1 set
QUORUM SILVER for MEN by Antonio Puig SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
QUORUM SILVER for MEN by Antonio Puig SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Antonio Puig Quorum Silver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Antonio Puig Quorum Silver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Quorum Silver by Antonio Puig represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.