Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Blue Sugar Aquolina for men

Blue Sugar Aquolina for men
dislike

Blue Sugar Aquolina for men Pictures

Blue Sugar by Aquolina is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Blue Sugar was launched in 2006. Top notes are mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are coriander, patchouli, lavender, licorice and cotton candy; base notes are tonka bean, star anise and cedar.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Coriander Patchouli Lavender Licorice Cotton Candy

Tonka Bean Star Anise Cedar

Loverdose

Blue Sugar Fragrance Reviews

Suvi23
Suvi23

I bought this perfume after it was discontinued, but as it has been mentioned before, it is still affordable, because it was a cheapie while it was in production. Quite hard to find though.

As soon as I apply it, all I can smell is cotton candy. In big dose. It is gone in about 10 seconds, and then licorice dominates for about half an hour. The trouble is, that I am not a big fan of licorice. As soon as it disappears cotton candy comes back with a hint of star anise and tonka bean. I also smell a bit of vanilla, however it is not listed as an ingredient.

It is by far the sweetest man fragrance that I have ever smelled. Easily wearable for ladies as well. It is a little bit too sweet for me. Although it is absolutely not cloying.

Longevity is very good, it lasted 13 hours on me. Projection is also great, projected heavily for about 4-5 hours, after that, it projected moderately for another 3-4 hours, before became a skin scent.

I very like it, but I need to give it a few more try before deciding to whether keep it or not.

Projection: 10/10
-------------------------
Overall: 27/30

reboulenorellana
reboulenorellana

Si tan solo no tuviera ese olor a anís, fuera perfecto pero lamentablemente el olor a anís es muy intenso, hace que me duela la cabeza y ganas de vomitar. Si fuese puro algodón de azúcar estaría entre los mejores perfumes del mercado.

dremerick
dremerick

Great juice! Has been discontinued! You can still find it on EBay and other sources, but the price is about double. However, since the original price was so reasonable the double price isn't so bad. Get it while you can!

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

One word. Beautiful! The licorice in this is fantastic. Along with the vanilla to make it almost caramel like. Guys, don't let the cotton candy note turn you off. Although its different than your ordinary men's cologne it is very gourmand but it doesn't smell like those tramps that walk around the hallways in school.

carfragrantica
carfragrantica

Is this perfume discontinued?

admiferdus

Hy all mine will finish and may I know where can I get this one???I from Malaysia...at Malaysia didn't have this perfume....someone....pls share....

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Full disclosure: I love and wear this myself, the bottle was purchased for me and me alone. :) I have gotten compliments from both men and women when I wear it.

I LOVE IT...I get bergamot (fleeting) at the top, followed quickly by licorice, anise, burnt sugar and cedar...and it lasts ALL DAY. One spritz on each wrist and a bit at my nape and I'm good to go.

This is sweet, but not cloying...not candy sweet but intriguing sweet. I love gourmands and this one is so decidedly interesting that I recommend it to everyone. I love the unisex packaging so that both genders are equally interested, and the fragrance just wows.

A little goes a long way, so this 3.4 fl oz bottle has lasted me AGES. I would buy again if this ran out, immediately.

herreroph
herreroph

Sugar and licorice.
Sweet but not overpowering, just perfect.
Sexy, warm, original.
All that I can say is Waoohh !!
I love it ♥
9.5/10

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

Im not big into gourmands but was told this was a good gourmand to start off on or even for people that dont usually tend to like gourmands but just want a sweet scent.

And that was pretty accurate because this cologne really surprised me. Its very unique but quite simple at the same time. Ive never smelled any other cologne like this but its nothing to daring or out there. Its simply a cologne that smells sweet and pleasing. This smell reminds me of cookies that are fresh out of the oven. A VERY pleasing scent and I must say, ladies that have a sweet tooth really enjoy this !

Performance wise this is also very good. It projects well above average and lasts me on close to 8 hrs every time.

Id give this a final rating of 8 out of 10 ! Ill deff be purchasing this when the colder months come around :)

MissNSP23
MissNSP23

Pregnant a few years back I followed a coworker down the hall to his office just to find out what he was wearing. He smelled delicious! Nothing more I can say that hasnt already been said but from a ladies view, this is a head turner!

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

This is fantastic it reminds me of Bond's New Haarlem but without the extreme lavender note..lavender is in it but its not in the forefront ..but usually lavendar is a main ingredient in most male fragrances that gives it that this is a masculine fragrance identity but i love lavender to...it is spicy with the licorice but with more of it than the original Pink Sugar..it really smells like syrup you put on pancakes with cotton candy and tonka..total breakfast perfume cloud im in right now..if you can't afford New Haarlem i say go with this it is tremendously good and the sillage and longevity is awesome..this is very strong to handle but i love it and a guy could totally wear its very gourmand and unisex..a woman can wear it too because its not like New Haarlem where the lavender is extreme so its much more wearable....and being its so unisex i believe both sexes chemistries can totally bring out different aspects of this fragrance..highly recommend getting this while you still can since its discontinued

toxicben
toxicben

This is certainly a very unique fragrance, it doesn't really remind me of anything, it really stands out.
And its EXTREMELY strong, in a good way though.
Lasts and projects for hours and hours.
However it isn't as sweet as people make it out to be.
It has a very strong burnt sugar vibe. like cooking toffee or melting caramel.
Altogether what I get from it is Burnt sugar, liquorice and vanilla.
I'm sure a lot of people wont like the opening, its very harsh but after a couple of hours it dries down and softens up a little.

nazza28
nazza28

The licorice and anise REALLY dominate on my skin, for a LONG time too and although I like licorice at the best of times (I'm talking Lolita L) it was almost too strong and made me want to put this straight on my "to trade" list. Which is such a pity after all the trouble I went to getting it!! That all said, when it finally did dry down I did enjoy it, I could smell the cotton candy and the more subdued (but still very much there!) licorice. Can also see how some men could pull it off too. Yes it does have sweetness but it also has that cedar undertone (coupled with the always prominent licorice note) to keep it a bit on the masculine side. Have to try this on my boyfriend, only problem is he may not want to by choice, might have to just spray him when he least expects...

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

It is one of my favourites, I love cotton candy sweet, I love licorice, I love Chinese anise stars. Shame they have discontinued it. :(

class
class

Blue Sugar smells very strange to me, sort of like a strong brewed black tea, or marijuana smell, with a burnt butterscotch note...So I'll pass on this one.

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

Nice reviews. Now I want to smell this. And If I like it, I would buy my husband one.

stockbreak
stockbreak

Sweet, delicious, cotton candy - licorice mix. Lasts very long time, sillage is incredible (and my skin eats fragrance). I just love this smell, perfect for anything casual or cuddling at home. I stopped at walgreens today about 2 hours after application and the 3 girls behind the counter kept saying how great I smelled :)

Very unisex as others have stated a girl could wear this easily, great stuff will always have a place in my wardrobe

RedHeartSunglasses
RedHeartSunglasses

A male friend and I both fell in love with this fragrance when it came out. We loved it so much that he even created a fragrance oil duplicate of it for us.

You really don't see too many gourmands aimed at men, which is a shame. Blue Sugar is really neat, it's quite different from person to person. It's all about your natural scent and skin chemistry. On a lot of guys' skin, it's woody, spicy-herbal, and citrus with a sweet musk backdrop. But then on girls' skin, the sugar moves to the forfront and it smells like carnival sweets.

When I wear it, I get woods, tonka bean, licorice, cotton candy, musk, and a faint whiff of some kind of old-fashioned floral candy. It smells like a turn of the century carnival, full of wooden rides and stalls selling sweet treats.

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

Finally there's a perfume that smells just like The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak, the old man who was Strawberry Shortcake's rival! That doll smelled so great. I am loving wearing this myself; the sweetness and spiciness are simply delicious. I'd LOVE to smell it on a man too, especially my husband. The anise, patchouli, and citrus make Blue Sugar smell really clean, in addition to sweet.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Good one that reminds me of a sweeter version of New Haarlem by Bond. This is a must for any collector and it want break the bank :)

brandonR
brandonR

Why the double standard ladies? It's OK for you to wear men's scents, but complain when a guy wants to wear something sweet for a change? Look, just because we smell like cotton candy doesn't mean we can't kick your boyfriend's ass...alright? Not speaking for everyone, but some of us guys enjoy smelling like a traveling carnival every now and then. So sue us!

IceAnge1
IceAnge1

I adore this sent on my fiance. Though it may not be the most conventional sent for going out as a man, just wearing it at home for your girl is addictive, especially if she loves sweet scents. Comparing this to Pink Sugar it is definitely manly so the two go hand in hand. If your girl loves PS then you should try this one out for yourself, even if its just to wear on days you stay at home to give her a treat. ^^

picasso_x
picasso_x

To me it'sugar bomb so sweet,lovely and fantastic.I think it's unisex may be good smell on woman too.Very long lasting and good smell I like it.But in my humid land is hard occasion to wear it (I'm not party man). I keep it in my wardrobe.

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

I picked up a 50 ml. off eBay for about $12, total blind buy as I am in the middle of a gourmand phase. It's pretty great, especially considering the insanely cheap price and the relative obscurity of it.

Seductive confections with an alluring, extra subtle floral aspect. There's a nice licorice note which I really enjoy, and licorice usually kills it for me (it's what's stopping me from loving Limpicka's au Masculin.)

I highly recommend just blind buying it if it sounds even in the least bit like something you could get down with. It's totally different from my more-serious lineup and I'll for sure get my money's worth of enjoyment out of it - even if only just wearing it to bed.

Based on six hours' wear

Longevity:9
Sillage:9
Utility:5
Scent:9
Value:10

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Remember that movie "Michael" where John Travolta plays an archangel? There's a scene where a group of women are all commenting on how good he smells. "It's caramels. He smells like caramels," one woman says. "It's cotton candy," says another woman. Andie MacDowell responds, "No. It's cookies. He smells like cookies. And the smell gets stronger when he's in heat." Blue Sugar is that exact smell. It's sweet and charming, but with a sly devilish grin.

Anise, which is usually a note I detest, is actually pleasant here. It is used in tandem with licorice to cut through the intense sugariness of Blue Sugar. Make no mistake, this fragrance is not particularly sophisticated or nuanced. It doesn't smell very expensive, and the name is ridiculous. But I cant help myself from liking it. It's fun and easy to wear. It's truly unisex, although I think such a sweet scent is much more surprising and unexpected on a man.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

This smells really girly on me, this is friendly for both genders, blue sugar is pretty much a spicey woody version of pink sugar

SS79

Love this stuff on my hubby and on me!! Great that we can share a frag that smells similar but different on our skin! .. YUMO!!!!!

sergified
sergified

Spray once and enjoy compliments all day. This stuff is amazing.

peteritom
peteritom

In small dose this perfume smells like El Nakhla's "Two Apples Water Pipe Tobacco" for me and I really like water pipe. But in huge dose I hate this fragrance and wp also (strong headache and stuff)..

Blue Sugar smells like melted black licorice candies.
It certainly is the Ken to Pink Sugar's Barbie. Blue Sugar is just as unapologetic in it's sweetness. If I encountered a woman wearing this I wouldn't think twice. Definitely a unisex fragrance.
I know some people find Blue Sugar to be similar to Loverdose, but I don't see this as a dupe, or even a substitute. Loverdose is much more Oriental. I also find Loverdose to be more of a licorice root / rootbeer smell than a black licorice.

instantjim
instantjim

This is an outstanding sweet fragrance that can be purchased very cheaply. The sweetness complements the liquorice very well, making it seem like a 'stripped-down' version of a Thierry Mugler fragrance. It has great sillage and longevity. This, to me is vastly superior to Lolita Lempicka pour Homme, which has similar notes, but which is much weaker. I could easily see a woman wearing this fragrance as it so sweet, but at the same time it is not so feminine that men cannot wear it.

hansito
hansito

This frag is not FEMENINE at all, it is VERY SWEET, yes! As a male friend told me: "YOU SMEEL LIKE A FRUIT CAKE" yummy! LOL. It's very sweet I love it but NOT to be confused by femenine.

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

men if you want to smell sweet, smell sweet. Why do people think it's only women who can smell sweet? Not every guy wants to smell like a big ol thing of spice and wood, I'm sorry. I like the sweeter scents they are fun and playful. I don't like how people assume a girl to smell like a big ol bowl of candy and nothing but dessert while men have to smell like a leather store or something that isn't very fair and it is sexist. So I say if a guy wants to wear a softer scent go for it, if a woman wants to smell bold and daring than do it. Wear what you want and be happy! It's all about taste and preference.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

NOM NOM NOM NOM

I just want to bury my face in this! Gourmand, edible, scrumptious, yummy.

It smells like those Liqorette lollies you can buy at the supermarket!
This fragrance is just fun and doesn't care what you think of it. Cheeky and boisterous.

__________________________________________________
Now let's go and fly a kite :)

florindeca
florindeca

the best perfume ever

Xanovia
Xanovia

Ok... Look everyone... Don't take offence to people giving their opinions as you just gave yours and everyone is entitled to their own thoughts... I love how people who think others need to be tolerant are normally the most intolerant people who say things are sexist or racist or whatever...

Look... If someone thinks something smells masculine... Guess what... To them it does... Deal with it… It conjures the thoughts of masculinity… It just does… if they think something feminine... Likewise... It does to them...

All that being said… You can wear whatever you want... If you want to coat your body in some old school 1960s powerhouse and think you smells great... More power to ya... You walk by me and I will think you smell like a man... Hey... It's just my opinion and I can think whatever I want... You can think you smell like a Goddess and I’ll think you smell like a dude... In addition... If you are guy and you are wearing something SUPER sweet or UBER floral chances are I'll think you smell like a woman... (Perhaps that is what you want me to think... O_o;) BUT WHO CARES??? Why do you care what others think about you??? I have no issues with you wearing it... However don't get up on your soap box and preach that scent has no gender and that if someone thinks it does then they are wrong or sexist or whatever buzz/scare word you want to use... Welcome to life... People don’t agree...

People are just giving their honest opinions of what comes to mind when they smell something and isn’t why we are here in the first place???

Anyone can wear whatever they want but don't think that your ‘view’ will shape their thoughts... Ya see... You are not wrong in your views but then again neither am I... So get off your soap box... It’s pretty easy to enjoy life when you just enjoy it… ^_^

(On a side note... I don't think this is too sweet for all men but do find it too sweet for me... ^_^)

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

Coffee, toffee, caramelized sugar, vanilla, cotton candy, and LICORICE. I usually dislike fragrances with a prominent licorice note; however, this is blended so nicely. This smells like yellow cake batter in the drydown, and EVERYONE will want to stand next to you. I love that this fragrance is not a projection monster (though it does leave a pretty good scent trail) and I get 8 - 9 hours out of it. Blue Sugar should be worn by anyone who craves a delicious gourmand.
Update:
Layered with Rochas man, these two create the most relaxing, edible scent out there. 1 spray each to separate sides of your neck and 1 spray each to the lower abdomen.

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

WOW...I have yet to smell this (though I want to), but I'm writing because I can't believe so many women have commented about it being "too sweet" for men. We are talking about scents.....what makes one smell more "male" and one more "female?" Sweet...why is something that is "sweet" considered "feminine?" Are women ONLY supposed to be sweet..or soft...or delicate? I find THAT to be very sexist, and it's so sad that so many women buy into that stereotype and myth. To me, when it comes to scent, it's more about personality and personal preference. What scent exudes a pleasurable experience for ME and those around me? THAT is what matters. I like many fragrances that are CONSIDERED either unisex or masculine..but I could care less about what they are "considered," and those of us here on Fragrantica shouldn't either. We all enjoy the experience of scent up here...no one should be judged based on their preference. Not in 2013 anyway. Just wanted to share that. :)

mario.biani@gmail.com
mario.biani@gmail.com

Very sweet,sugar,cofee,caramel scent,very beautiful smell...it's little like Amen T.M. but with more caramel,and less patchouli....long lasting,good sillage,great price..no mistakes with this...big thumbs up from me :))

colours
colours

Considering everyone I know doesn't categorize their food to men and women, it'd be kind of ridiculous to do so with scents. :P This is the perfect 'male' cotton candy fragrance, but no scent realistically has a gender associated with it. If you spray it on fresh after a shower, you'll get the more prominent cotton candy notes. If you spray it on after being out a few hours/later at night it might give off more of the star anise/licorice smell. Lightly misting also gives more of a cotton candy effect. Either way, it's perfect if you want a more 'mature' sweet spun sugar fragrance.

alarios
alarios

I have to admit, when I first smelled this one I didn't like it. Mind you I own Angel Men and Rochas Man, so I enjoy a sweet gourmand. But for some reason this one was different and I wasn't too convinced. I did however give it a second try and sprayed it on myself like I would normally spray a cologne rather than on my hand and that's when I REALLY enjoyed it. I could smell hints of it the next day on my sweater and it smelled so good. Hints of it here and there. For the price, it's not bad to throw in your collection. Definitly try it out before you buy.

gaz525
gaz525

A very strange fragrance for men, smells like a kylie minogue candy smelling perfume at first but once its on you get a strong whiff of liquorice which is really nice, it dries down to a kind of caramelised sugar smell. Very nice if your a daring man, could be easily confused with you wearing a britney spears perfume. But still i liked it.

mew.kitty
mew.kitty

Just tested my decant sample...

Before looking at the notes, it was apparant that licorice was among the ingredients in Blue Sugar. On my skin, the strong licorice smell eventually fades to a less harsh version, but remains a dominant note. I was really looking forward to the smell of cotton candy, but it's barely there. Although BS is marked as a fragrance for men, I can definitley see why women choose to wear it. Blue Sugar is far from a bad smell, but I'm adding it to my list of dislikes simply because I dislike the smell of licorice in perfume. I wouldn't say I hate this one, but I'm far from liking it enough to purchase a full bottle.

Update: On my skin, it takes a while for the licorice note to disappear, but after it's gone, the perfume really does smell like cotton candy, and I love that part of it! Now, I can't wait to add Blue Sugar to my collection.

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

Blue Sugar and Me have an On and Off relationship, there are times that I Love this Sugary, candy, confectioin with its Edible quality and Amazing Longevity and projection, and then there's days where the Licorice, anise and coriandor mix gets to me so I attempt to wash it off (in vain)........
I however will always have this in my collection as it is a really complimented fragrance.
Women drool over this juice, like seriously.
The price is really cheap for such a Potent cologne, it even beats the quality of some niche colognes.
Blue Sugar is a worthy fragrance for any man's wardrobe, and Yes Sweet it may be and women can use it, I however believe that you should let the men have this one just this once.
7 out of 10.

sweetiepea161616

I love this perfume but I don't get why it never smells the same on me. When I first bought it, all I got was sweet cotton candy. I loved it! Then a month later I wore it and all I got was pure licorice. Nice, but not as nice as before. Then I wore it to school one day and I was horrified to find I smelled like pure cedar the whole day! It's kinda funny how this changes on my skin. I still really like the scent, but for me it's unpredictable. I really want to try it out on my hubby to see how he smells! Still glad I bought it, but I don't wear it that often.

And to comment on the man vs woman aspect, I have to say when I first tried it, I thought, what kind of man wears cotton candy?? But as the scent has evolved over the last few months, I find I get a lot more cedar and I do find the scent more manly now. I guess my perception of it has changed. I haven't smelled it on a man, but I do think it would make him quite yummy without smelling too girly.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I bought it dead cheap, I blind bought it and when it arrived I realized it was a mens fragrance. I laughed to myself :) a lot!
I wear it tho, I don't mind certain mens frags on me (Pi by Givenchy or even A* men), it's nice and warm and nobody seem to mind, my skin seems to be picking up the sweetness mainly. Opening is masculine, a clear difference between this and Pink sugar. My partner likes it too.
It is very sweet, different to your typical mens cologne, takes balls to wear it :) but it is nice and sexy on a guy!

Eldavid8a
Eldavid8a

It's to be honest really good honestly I wasn't a expecting this from such a cheap fragance really worth it

admiferdus

OMG i love it.....1st try and love it....but it hard to find at mlysia....will buy again fanatic 4 this perfume

luna1234567

I just had to add one more thing quickly. For those of you who are saying "I don't know what kind of man would wear this" look no further because I can tell you exactly what kind of man would wear this. My man....In his thirties, hard working accountant, father of two, engaged to be married, great dancer who can sweep a woman off of her feet. ....he has no problem wearing this....and he smells SEXY with this on. I'm done now. =)

luna1234567

I don't get why people are saying this is feminine, it's not. It's masculine or could be unisex..but I personally wouldn't wear it because it's a little too masculine for me. Just because it's not the typical citrusy fresh men's cologne and it's sweet that doesn't automatically make it feminine. Yes it's sweet BUT there is definitely something masculine about this scent. I like it FOR a MAN. It's definitely something to wear in the winter. To me it smells like brown sugar with maybe tobacco or something like that...oh but I smell so much brown sugar. I like it and my man does too. I don't see a sporty type of man wearing this but maybe a guy in dress pants..you know what I mean.
It's very different from most other male fragrances. A man who is willing to wear this will probably get some extra attention from the females and if you happen to know one like me she just might want to eat you up! MEN...DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING THIS IS NOT FOR MEN...THERE'S A REASON WHY IT WAS MADE FOR MEN AND NOT WOMAN OKAY...so try it out for a day and see for yourself what comments or compliments you will get from others.

Kinggainer
Kinggainer

It's joke when a women said "Blue Sugar is for women".

No, it's not.

I think it's a unisex scent. I love to wear it when I want my lover to eat me up (hahaha)cause it's sweet.

Finally, Love it, Love it and Love it.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

I was looking for a sweet black licorice long lasting scent. I have Loverdose and I love it, but it doesn't last long at all. I was hoping that Blue Sugar would be similar but last longer. It's absolutely disgusting. Smells like something burnt. Absolutely aweful. :(

tastetherainbow87

My girl love this on me I like something different it's a power house for me last long time on me now to much of a good thing can be bad why I say this is strong so ain't no need to spray to many times I did that once with to work damn near killed me lol gave me a headache this Cologne smell really great if you don't like sweet Cologne don't buy this really sweet which fits it's. Name right worth a buy for me it's worth a try for you

Olia_Aroma
Olia_Aroma

Lol, I can'i imagine a man (at least, a regular man) smelling like that! But I love this scent, and I used it myself some years ago :P

3gecos
3gecos

Although i've read a couple of reviews before purchasing,this was a blind buy for me!It was really the price who caught me(9euro/50ml)!The package seemed a little cheap but well made and the bottle also modest!First spray was a big,big surprise because i didn't think that can be a perfume more sweet than A'men(one of my favorites)but man was i wrong or what:) Cotton candy,vanilla,caramel,liquorice name anything sweet and this perfume got it,at least that's my nose impression.A well balanced syrup that project well for 4-5 hours.The scent doesn't change that much,cotton candy 10+ hours just the top notes are a little sharper(liquorice and a little tonka).It is a compliment getter but be careful,not always good compliments.It can be cloying very quickly.I liked it very much and i will always have a bottle in my collection because a part of me will always remain a happy kid in the amusement park.Best bang for the buck!

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

Imaginary world of blue, green and brown memories of snow, a winter fair, that does not exist, and then, the 31-st December, forever will stand watch, and then it will always fit the time, remember the time and also the joy and merry-go-round, which is forever spinning.I walk
empty, according to the amusement park, past, anis sweets eat candy 80's, and next to me goes, Chimney Sweep heads from the 90's, soon joined us, and cotton candy from the 70s, as the quartet, or Carpenter , I would think better.U see the distance, wolves bared jaws, they Niche beast ready to devour us, without a trace of mercy, nevertheless, superior beast, you're a bit 'screwed up, because we're soldiers of blue love, and we were hard to beat! Morning dawns, green and Niche snow falls, the lords of hell are getting closer and closer, but then a miracle happened, and we were out of the sky came the tiger, the tiger beautiful than the truth, proud and brave, forever dispelled Niche demons. And then the snow stopped falling, the green became blue, the tiger is gone, but the rest of his fame, and we lost the amusement park memories forever took away the time in the colors of blue sugar, but will remain a story about a quartet without a future who had a big heart, full of love, blue, and that at least for the moment, the fate of the defeated!

aucffan1
aucffan1

it really smells like licorice/anise.. It is sweet smelling but not bad..

It lasts a long time also.. I sprayed on me at like 9pm.. Wore a sweatshirt all night and can still smell it 10 hours later on my arm after taking the sweatshirt off..

Definitely not a business or blue colar work site scent.. I wear this when I go to a Columbian Bakery by my house to buy a coffee.. I get tons of compliments from the ladies..

For play and maybe while you and your Lady have fun together..

7-10 for scent
10-10 for longevity

Macy_Autumn
Macy_Autumn

I have no idea why they would make this fragrance sweet. I mean it's for men! If I were a man I would want to smell manly, nt sweet and girly. The cotton candy and the sweet notes just doesn't do it for me. I just can't imagine a man wearing this fragrance.

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

I , too, got the heavy, sugar syrup scent the first two times I sprayed it. That dissipated quickly, and left a yummy, sweet, baked goods smell. The next day, the heavy smell was gone , and the spray came out good the first try. I also stocked up for less than $7USD a bottle. I'm female, and this scent is quite unisex. I think it works on me because of the patchouli, especially. My skin makes something very good-smelling with patchouli.

Original
Original

amazing for a woman !!

ian85

I am a man and masculine, no doubt! I love blue sugar... I think you can wear what you want : fragrances have no sex... Of course this one is sweet... So what?
Je fais ce que je veux.

Mosschops
Mosschops

My god - if this is the men's version, I'd hate to wiff the women's variation (Pink Sugar)! But, the question here isn't whether this one is for men or women, the real question you need to ask yourself is "do you want to smell like toffee-candy?!" I normally love sweeter fragrances, which is why I bought this on a blind-buy, based on the reviews. However, as a bloke I just find it way (way) too sweet to wear. Instead, I use it as a home fragrance! To me, only women, teenie-boppers and effeminate men should wear this, as there's nothing masculine at all. If you could roll Justin Beeber in Disney and ferment that in Teletubbies, then you'd have 'essence of Blue Sugar'!

steve0580
steve0580

Horrid. It's a woman's scent without question. I bought it blind after reading so many good reviews on Amazon.

It's sickeningly sweet and very strong with immense radiance. The initial spray smells like caramel corn and the dry down is like cotton candy.

I gave the bottle away.

rootbeerlord
rootbeerlord

Creamy-bitter sweetness , very awesome!

French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

I would dare not buy a Perfume labled for a man....
***But after reading so many wonderful feline reviews I decided that the 7 euros would not be a risky investment.
****To my DELIGHT this blue sugar is minxy enough for any dame that adores Tonka, Anise and Cotton Candy. I do smell hints of cedar...but it only adds to the mystery without making it too manly. I believe Aqualina would reach to a broader (no pun intended) market...if they renamed it as unisex...
Definately with out gender except to the sensualness of the wearer...

hawkinsk3
hawkinsk3

I'm a woman and I love to wear this scent. It is much more complex than Pink Sugar and not as sacchriney sweet. A few sprays will last all day. As much as I love this, I only wear it during fall and winter months because i think it's too rich for warmer, humid weather.

thief of hearts

Love this stuff but had a funny reaction from a friend's girlfriend. They picked me up to go to dinner and the girlfriend immediately asked me why I smelled like a female "stripper". I scoffed and asked why she said that. She replied you smell like sex and dirty cotton candy! I thought that was kinda cool :)

Dab sampling only: Obviously, it's sweet, but that didn't bother me here. If there's a major problem, it's that nothing else is strong enough to balance it out. So, what you get is something that smells like a dessert. There's also an odd "off" note, which I think is a poor excuse for cedar, but otherwise it's reasonably natural smelling. This certainly might be a "compliment getter," but it's more of a smell than a perfume/fragrance. Not really something the aficionado should feel the need to sample, IMO.

HarveyCan
HarveyCan

BAM!!! This one hit me hard the first time I smelled it. Honestly, it reminded me of when I would pass through the pipe tobacco aisle at Sav-on when I was a kid. But ya know -- I kinda liked how that aisle smelled!!! I know it doesn't have any tobacco in it, but the overtone is there. But it is mixed with so many sweet and licorice-like layers that it just blends into something wonderful after a few intense moments after spraying. I go LIGHT on this one and it still holds well for hours and gets softer and more subtle as the day goes on. A DAZZLER. It has a special place in my gallery, and I may go 2 or 3 weeks without wearing it, yet when I do, I just adore it. Also, this is one of the best bang-for-buck fragrances out there. Very reasonably priced whenever I have purchased it. It's nice not to feel ripped-off for a change, but heck, I'd pay more for it if I had to!!!

jennix
jennix

wow wow,awesome!!!

sweetiepea161616

This frag is absolutely delicious, and it's not just for the boys! In small doses I get more of a sweet cotton candy with a hint of licorice/anise, but in large doses, I find that the licorice and anise are much more prominent than the cotton candy and kind of overshadow it. I prefer to use this frag sparingly so I can get more of the cotton candy (even though I do like licorice and anise). I guess I could see this on a man, but personally I picture this more on a woman since it's such a yummy, candy smell. Even my husband likes it on me. He said I smell delicious!

Women, don't be afraid! Give this one a try. It's soooo yummy!

tastetherainbow87

Wanna give this a try sweet I love sweet colognes not the onces that make you feel like you're. Swimming. In candy LOL I see some woody in it it's worth a try

fragsforyou
fragsforyou

Allright, been given this scent a couple of full wearings and this is what I've come up with.

It starts out smelling like sweet chemical licorice! Hate the first 3-5 minutes of this fragrance. After 3-5 minutes the "chemicaly" feeling of this scent fades away, leaving me a beautiful sweet black licorice aroma. So smooth! After about 2 hours this does a complete 180 and the licorice fades away completly, and the sweet caramela pops out. And damn, it smells soooo good!

All this talk about this fragrance smelling like cotton candy - what the hell? I don't get any cotton candy out of this what so ever! Licorice & caramela only. Wich is good, imo.

Longevity - D. I get 5 hours off of this.
Projection - C. Beast 1-2 hrs. Averege 2-5 hrs.
Smell - B. Those 5 first minutes killed my nose man!
Overall - C+

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This is totally unisex IMO. I like it much better than PS and find it more wearable. The only reason why I will not use it is because of the anise accord which I don't care for. It has something that drys down to what Lolita Lempika (original) does on my skin. I didn't keep LL either because of that black licorice note, but I think it would smell very good on the right person. I ended up giving my sample vials to my son and he likes it very much.

definitely feeling the pink sugar in this.
at first blast i get smokey sugar and lots of cedar.. then the licorice/anise blend in and a bit of citrus. as it drys down all the strong notes start to just simmer and your left with an exotic, dark, sensual version of pink sugar. lasting time is over 5 hrs on me. i wore it to work last night and i could smell it for almost the whole night. i love it and i think it will be perfect in winter months also.
on a side note: my hunny man likes it too and he tries to steal it away. i guess i have to learn how to share :)

Felipe Ramone
Felipe Ramone

That's a fragrance that is difficult to love right away when you first sniff it, but as the times wearing it are going by, you can fall in love with the scent. That's masculine for sure, but a girl can use it, too. To wear a extremely SWEET fragrance like Blue Sugar, you have to be open minded. Give the fragrance a chance and you'll see it's very nice.

A tip for those who don't like the opening notes: go to the window and let the wind hit you for a while. After that, it'll be more creamy, less agressive :)

Don't wear it in the hot weather.

Don't wear it in the hot weather.

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

Review from a Female/31y.old...
I got interested in buying this, because of the similarities with Loverdose from Diesel. I´ve always wanted to try Loverdose since the day it came out, but I haven´t had a chance yet.
So I bought this from Ebay Germany for only 6,90€ / 50ml !!!
When I first spray it, I get licorice! Alot of licorice. As if you open a bag of real strong licorice and take a big sniff.
After some minutes the Anis kicks in, but the licorice is still dominant. Then the sweetness comes and I can defenetly smell some manly Cedar Notes (or is it Coreander???) The licorice calms down after a while and blends perfectly with the Anis and the sweet candy notes.
In my oppinion this is a Unisex Fragrance. The manly notes are not dominant. It is harsher than Pink Sugar, but there are alot similarities, you can smell that they´re from the same family.
It´s a sexy mens fragrance, girls would love it!
But it´s also a sultry, kind of oriental, candy-ish womens fragrance. (Especially if you like Licorice!!!!)
I also find that it´s a scent that "grows" on me. The more I use it, the more I sniff my wrists, the more notes I can identify. It changes during the time you wear it. The longer you wear it, the more it settles down and fits to your body chemistry.
I like it alot and I am kind of falling in love with it the more I wear it.

talldarkroast

I've been wearing this for about two months now, and it ceases to amaze me how I can smell something different with each wearing.

In the beginning, all I got was liquorice. Really strong liquorice. Then, the cotton candy note that everyone talks about starts to peek through.

If you spray it on your clothes, you really get vanilla and burned caramel.

Now lately, it seems like all I get is a weird floral note. It's odd, because I absolutely never noticed it there before, and now it's like all I can smell with Blue Sugar. I don't particularly like it, either, and it's starting to turn me off it a bit.

Wondering if I'm just getting sick of it because I've used it so heavily?

keffy
keffy

if you like gourmandy type fragrances, this is best bet for your buck. Its very sweet with that caramelized sugar and this cotton candy smell. This fragrance is very cheap. You can get the 3.4 oz for like $20. SO if you dont know how this smells and you like gourmands you can blind buy this.

Bassplant
Bassplant

I enjoy sweeter fragrances, so I thought I needed to finally try Blue Sugar. Yes, I definitely detect the cotton candy scent and so do others near me...
but it's awfully heavy. Seems strange to me that something that smells like cotton candy can also have such a heavy, thick smell to it. It's very strong, so use sparingly. Possibly in the efforts to "masculine-ize" the popular Pink Sugar, they added the intense thickness which makes Blue Sugar just so-so for me. It's not horrible, but it's not wonderful.

I expected something a little lighter, like freshly baked sugar cookies I suppose. The burned caramel-type note is what is effecting my overall impression, I believe. It's cheap, so you can try it out without breaking the bank. It is interesting.

By the way, how on earth is this considering "woody auromatic"????

renperd
renperd

Blue Sugar is going so cheaply now (about US$7 for 50ml) that I've bought some back-up bottles. The dry-down reminds me a lot of A*Men minus the cavity causing caramel. BS also is free from A*Men's disagreeable tar note. To me BS is closer to Angel than to A*Men.

Blue Sugar's liquorice is quite unique (better than that of Yohji Homme I thought): juicier, creamier, thicker. It really grows on you if you give it time. Oh yes, sillage matches longevity, in my experience. My secretary smelled "chocolate" in my office!

It doesn't have a lot in common with Rochas Homme. RH is sharper with all that lavender, and more mature.

I don't get burnt anything from Blue Sugar. I get the liquorice up top and then a smooth cloud of chocolate, candyfloss, etc. It doesn't get on my nerves like A*Men or Angel, or L de Lolita Lempicka. I think there's chemistry between the two of us, BS and me...

talldarkroast

I bought this blind after smelling Pink Sugar, which I basically couldn't get out of my brain. I got a 100ml bottle for about $40, and I can say I'm really happy with it.

The first spray, all I could smell was licorice, but after using it for about a week now, I really don't smell that much anymore. It's everything everyone says it is -- sweet, fairly heavy, and quite well rounded.

I tried layering it with Polo Big Pony #2 the other day, which is basically pure chocolate, and it made for a really interesting mix. Like a vanilla cake with chocolate icing! :)

This is definitely for any gourmand lover, a must try.

I'm contemplating buying a small bottle of PS now, just so I can have a softer version :D

jgirgar
jgirgar

If you read my review of Pink Sugar I mentioned this is similar to it but not quite as Pink. I can definitely see how either one could be androgynous though Blue Sugar is indeed more masculine yet enjoying the sweet quality we seem drawn to. Maybe I'm at a crossroad where I'm starting to like the sweeter scents opposed to my heavier/spicer kinds. Yummy. JG 051812

soned

It's weird to me how people that love Amen.... can hate Blue sugar. The reason is, to me, the (only) good things of Amen (dry down, sillage, longevity), are all present in Blue Sugar from the mid notes on.

I don't like the opening of Blue Sugar...is too...well... sugary. The rest is very good and very impressive for the price!. On my skin, it keeps smelling like smoky caramel, which by the way, gets me compliments every time!

My conclusion is, some people don't like it because it's not expensive, therefore, many others may get it and wear it. Now, I don't know about you, but my mother taught that is the definition of being selfish...or for those of you who love Chanel...the definition of being Egoiste.

leecher88

ok now i read Mr.Mookies comment on me and i thought i should give blue sugar another try !!

because since the first time (you can read my first comment under mr.mookies comment) i never sprayed again. I said to myself i will sell it away.

"but and now the but comes "

i am glad i didnt do that because Mr. Mookie is completely right today i didnt smell an unpleasant burned sugar , no!! i smelled a yummy sugar that is even not burned !

Really this one can grown on everyone just give the fragrance a chance and time to develope itself
_________________________

My Advice :
1.buy it
2.spray one time and dont smell it!!
3. and 1 week later spray on you
4. you start to love

________________________

MrMookie

@leecher88 > its a scent that CAN grow (weirdly enough) on you.
I hated it the first time too, way too feminine/childish to wear as a man (daddy 33 yrs old) But i kept me fascinated by its addictive sweetness and sillage.
Its a well conducted gourmand and used in a good setting people will like it on you.
Just start with spraying it in your hand.

received it yesterday !
i bought it very cheap 16 bucks for 50ml online

Really i want to love it but i cant unfortunately :(

its really a love or hate scent!!

Dont know where but i read here or at another forum a comment on this perfume "smells like burned sugar"
and this is exactly the same thing which came to my mind when i first smelled it.

but i am curious about other people opinions when i am wearing it, i will ask for sure some friends

ZELJO
ZELJO

thats PURE cotton candy but also all other ingredients like the liqueur, etc.love to wear that one at office with everybody telling me how sweet and youthful my fragance is,in some skins probably goes too strong, but in mine is just perfect,its also ok, in 1 single spray, for gym times although I guess now when summer comes this wont be suitable anymore, cheap and chic, I,d say, and so glad I discovered that one

pob75
pob75

I don't like this as fragrance for me to wear but it is an OK smell. It is sweet and confectionary-like with strong liquorice. The strong liquorice stops it from being overwhelmingly sweet. It's still very sweet but less than, for example, Avon's Tomorrow for men.

The smell is basically sweet, sugary liquorice with some caramel-like burnt sugary notes. A little bit synthetic. Smells like Bassett's Liquorice Allsorts with extra liquorice. Develops a little bit more depth and an almost smoky tinge late on. I got very bored of this very quickly and its classification as "woody aromatic" seems pretty misleading to me. I can't detect anything I would consider to be woodiness - liquorice and sugary sweetness dominate.

For it's price it performs well on longevity and projection. Based on 2 sprays it projects very strongly for the first few hours and quite strongly for 5+ hours. Strong on skin for 6 or 7 hours, fading and on it's way out at 9 or 10 hours.

I personally don't ever want to smell of this but for a short time it was interesting before it got dull. Easily a unisex scent. If you like sweet scents you could do a lot worse for the very low price this goes for.

Pari88
Pari88

I bought myself a big bottle full, blind buy of course. I looked at the notes & some reviews, thinking I would love it....I DONT. I dont like it nor hate it, its mediocre at best. It is only slightly masculine upon first spray, some bergamot, very cologne like. Then it smells like one of those hot candies on me. You can smell the cotton candy and what seems like caramel and brown sugar. Then the licorice and anise come out with a hint of lavender and it starts smelling better, but there is this spicy smell that just does not go away, it stays the whole way through. I couldnt take much more so layered it with some Lolita original, but the spiciness smell overpowered my lovely LL too. Not for me...

MrMookie

This is the closest thing to Gourmand you can get! It is Gourmand with the capital G
, this scent totally smells like a vivid candy dream.
Its very natural smelling in a way that everyone in my area asked me if i burned some marshmellows or ate some cotton candy when i sprayed a spritzzz on my wrist.

Its grabs your attention because the sweetness covers all air in a 20 foot radius.

Opens as 50% liquorice 40% cottoncandy 10% Anise
Then evolves to 99% cotton candy caramel sweetness.

I dont hate it but i would never wear it as a body scent.Im not that type of guy i think its suits more on feminine men or i think this one will smell great on kids!!??

Im gonna make my daughter who is 6 yrs old happy with this.
And i would like to cuddle with her..

Thumbs up for the scent but not for me!

chrisko
chrisko

I love this fragrance! It's so sweet and sexy with the longest lasting. This isn't an average parfume, this is a masterpiece! Love that!

Norgirl
Norgirl

YES.. This is great :) a vry unisex fragrant to me , sweet , burnt sugar , liquerice, and caramell whit a hint off a deap tonka , cedar ,patcholi path.. i love this one , It has kind off the same wibe as Pure malt to me , My husbond thinks so to . I love this warm comfy smells . like a warm hug on a cold day . It lasts a long time and gets the attention off many:)
and the price .. so cheap and great :) who could resist..
i will say that this is a bit more complex and have more newanses then Pink sugar , But i love them bouth . And side by side this are so cute on the shelf to:)
It is not very gily girly in any means .. I am not using it other then to smell it , and try to get my hubby to take it one ocationatly:)
It is sweet but not To sweet . Kind off boozy maybe ..
i love it

OZ
OZ

Opens with a sour and fruity note, Blue Sugar quickly turns into a sweet caramel scent, I smell burn sugar and a lot of licorice in the first hour then it dies down into a sweet and yummy scent that closes to the skin. Very cute and beautiful scent, not mention cheap. Apparently unisex to my nose, more complex than its sister Pink Sugar which smells a bit cheap to me.

On second/third wearing, I notice the scent gets very similar to condense milk.

Hayven
Hayven

To me, this is a sweet cedar. It's strong for me, but I can see either a guy or girl wearing it. I had someone say, "who smells like banana bread?" which I cannot compare to this fragrance...but to each their own!

Slade
Slade

Might smell good on a woman, but this is not a manly scent. Should have known better with sugar in its name.

justicecrow88
justicecrow88

I ordered a sample and just received it today.I LOVE it!!it reminds me of something sensual and lost in this world.I get a bit of anise and a defined cotton candy sweet ending with an earl grey filled musky veil.it is an excellent scent and i will wear it even though it says its for men.p.s.i cant stop sniffing my wrist!

JimTheGreat

Ok, I take it back. Tried it out, grown to kinda like it, few compliments.

JimTheGreat

I blind bought this going by reviews. How can this be compared with works of art such as Lempika and Rochas Man? Certainly not Rochas Man in a different bottle as one has said. The opening reminds me of those licorice straws filled with sour sugar that I had when I was a kid, then 30 minutes later the same with a little vanilla. Not my cuppa.
Glad I only paid less than £5 for this. I'll keep it for collection purposes only.

lincast

people often ask me if i can smell cotton candy...

lincast

I bought my third bottle. It is not the best but whenever I wear it, I get compliments from men and women and they want to know what it is. It reminds me of Angel from T. Muggler, it is very pleasent, very sweet! And very star anisey. Definitely doesn't smell cheap. It is different and comforting.

tonnyvecchi
tonnyvecchi

It is the same sweet darling (Kylie Minogue), but with poor projection. A feminine fragrance for men, hehehehehehehe

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

I bought this on a whim and didn't realize how much I hated it after buying the 3.4 oz bottle of this stuff. It's a very sweet smell, but can very cloying even if very little is applied. It's cotton candy scent is okay but there is something else about it that I'm not to fond of. It's not exactly a solid sweet scent. It almost smells a bit transparent or watered down after being on for about 20-30 minutes. I can't put my finger on it exactly. Also, it's not just the cotton candy and licorice that you'll smell. You'll also smell a bit of citrus in ther as well, which kinda gives me a headache :/ It reminds me a lot of Thierry Mugler A*MEN (which I LOVE)but A*MEN is a lot more mature and the sweet scent is more solid. But Blue Sugar it is deffinatly a unique scent and I'm very glad that I have had the opportunity to try it and give you all a heads up on what I think. Thanks!

God bless!!

Miyavi
Miyavi

This cologne is very much unisex, but is amazing on a man. It is very sweet and sugary. It smells like a fresh baked batch of white chocolate macadamia cookies with a side of chocolate milk, pound cake, vanilla wafers and whipped cream...aaaghh *drools*

But just like a large handcrafted chocolate cake, it can only be consumed in small amounts or else you could get sick of it. But anyhow it's great. It smells like 500 calories on a plate smothered in ice cream without the guilt. If you want something that defines the word "sweet" this is it.

Longevity 7/10
Projection 7/10
Overall rating 10/10 somehow...
I just cant get enuf

YESSSSS

ken.z008
ken.z008

I use generous amount(min. of 6 sprays)of BS in the morning(at 40'F) before going to work. I make sure that I'm doing everybody else a favor at work by serving them a buffet of cotton candy, chocolate milk, caramel fudge, vanilla cookie, toffee crunch, bubble gum ice cream and all sorts of sugar-based desserts without the calories. 'Thank You's' are in a form of "I smell cotton candy[with a serious face]" or "hmmm... bubble gum! can you smell it?[talking to other coworker]" or "Hi Patrick![without them looking or getting as close as 8 meters away from me.]" Not quite sure if those were compliments or not. Either way, I enjoy the fragrance myself.

To those who are complaining about the licorice, be thankful for the note as it prevents the fragrance from being flat-out/boring/one-dimensional sugar glaze.

When I get back from work, my bedroom would smell creamy-vanillic white chocolate. Edible and mouth watering heaven! Truly divine! A strawberry note would be a sexy twist in this fragrance.

karisma2011
karisma2011

Well, first of all im a sucker for gourmand perfumes, very heavy and sweet (only in winter though, as in summer im feeling very spicy and peppery haha:). Secondly, i like a good men's perfume on my skin, so this one works as unisex for me.

Anyways, have just ordered this online (not from Ebay, beaware of fakes) and i just sprayed it on an hour ago.

To start with, it felt (obviously) very sweet, almost sickly, but that was all. I was like "ok, it deserves its name"....Then took a good old shower and used a fresh pineapple shower gel and let me tell u, i can still feel the "Blue Sugar" on my wrist! This time it smells divine, i can detect a very strong caramel base!

It is absolutely delightful, feel like a little girl in a chocolate factory! Very happy with my purchase, what a find!

coffeebabe
coffeebabe

I gave my husband a sample of Blue Sugar. He enjoys trying on new fragrances. This one smells like apple strudel without cinnamon. There is a fruitiness, but neither one of us thought orange, as described! It was definitely green apple. I think that the freshness of apple balances out the sweet. It has good staying power. Our first impressions were 2 thumbs up. We will have to see how we both like it after several wearings.

SS79

Im deffinatly in love with the sweet fumes for sure, and have always adored pink sugar. I was looking for something equivalent but not as cotton candy sweet, and read the reviews for this. Yes, suppose to be for men, but manmy women on here relly like it too and own it for thier use... so, thanks to the great website I was able to get a 100ml bottle for under 20 bucks!
I have to admit there is a wierdness about it when first sprayed.. but i actually really liked it, sometimes as others have done, I mix it with PS as well..
The best part is that my hubby sprays himself every morn.. and when he comes home he is still smelling so yummy!!! really suits him too!!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An initially bizarre cocktail of brown sugars which could be worn when at the coffee shop...

0 - 3 mins- What on God's earth is this! Is this the perfume equivalent of corked..? has this gone off, or is this how it is meant to be? ..Although not listed, for me, this is an initially heavy gourmand of a little toffee but mostly brown sugar. I would imagine many judge by the cover of the book. Blue Sugar? how inappropriate a name, when "Aquolina Brown Sugar" sums it up nicely

3 mins - 2 hours - Settles down and now a much less intense version, so it is a little more appealing. Little bit of manliness pops in..Projection 6 inches max

2-7 hours. Little to no projection, though lasts for a long while close to the skin. The less intense the better it gets, in fact quite cute n cuddly now. Not heavy at all

Very affordable and grows on you

Sugar-holics, a builders dream, those who have 8 spoonfuls, cooking cakes, sticky sweet, Xmas pud, cozy cabin logs fires with your partner, glass of cognac..intimate..could be considered playful...............???

salamandra14
salamandra14

Here in Spain I never see this perfume. Only I know Pink Sugar. Later I was in Florencia and Venecia but I dont see, I cant fine. Even I see in a few shooping. Its a problem.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

Yeah Blue Sugar is certainly sweet. But, come on, you can't knock a frag for being overtly sweet when it has the word "sugar" in the title. - Hardly surprising. Besides it wasn't it's overt saccharine nature that bothered me. After all the positive comments here, I was expecting a far better scent, which is only average at best. (Tho' I will add that it's quality & longevity is at least better than most frags in this same "el cheapo" price bracket).
The ever-present sugar & candy floss notes are not caramelised, burnt or smokey. (If only they were !) But rather just like pure white refined crystalline sugar. (Exactly like what you'd smell sniffing a spoon of sugar, but magnified 10 fold.) - At very least it's certainly an accurate rendition of the note.
The Liquorice pretty much drowns out the Star-Anise, and it being itself a rather sweet note only adds to the overall sugaryness. Thankfully it's not around for long, mostly evident in the top notes. It soon dissipates to give way to ...... .
And here, as the heart of the scent begins to bloom, is where I get an unexpected nasty little unwelcome surprise. One which unfortunately totally ruins my enjoyment of this frag for me.
I had looked forward to the advertised "Coriander" notes. Expecting the lovely warm spicy nuttiness of coriander seeds which would've gone nicely with the vanilla. However be warned people, the coriander in question is unfortunately it's leafy counterpart, and NOT it's seeds. In other words it's full blown Cilantro. ...
I'm surprised that in the 70+ reviews that came before me of this scent, there has been not one single mention of this note. (??) And it comes thru loud and clear, so distinctive that it could not be missed or mistaken for any other note. Surely I can't be the only one picking it up ? (Or the only one who dislikes it ?)
So warning all other "Cilantro-phobes", if you dislike the scent of this leaf/herb as much as I do, believe me you gonna want to steer clear of this one !
I strongly believe Fragrantica should really differentiate between the seeds and the leaf of the coriander when allocating notes, and not just lump them both under one overall "coriander". (Which is not only inaccurate but misleading)
As the leaf smells completely different from the seeds.

In short, this is pretty much how Blue Sugar smells to me. Imagine this :
Take a cup of water, and add to it as much white-sugar as the solution will take. (Brown-sugar will NOT do !) To this thin sugar syrup add a couple of teaspoons of Lemon juice, (& a good squirt of Bergamot if you have it ;o). Then grate/chop a Licorice root and blend with a good bunch of slightly bruised/crushed Cilantro leaves. Add to solution and shake vigorously. As a finishing touch throw in a couple of Vanilla Pods. (For the more discerning add a Tonka Bean and a leaf or two of Patchouli.) - Leave it all to macerate ...
And there you have it. - If you can imagine how this blend would smell like then you'll pretty much have a good idea how Blue Sugar smells.

Were it not for the dreaded Cilantro I might have enjoyed the rest. ...
Otherwise it has good sillage and above average longevity. (Especially for such a ridiculously cheap price !)

P.S. ... Whomever thinks "Blue Sugar" is a dead-ringer for Micaleff's "Note Vanillee" (as I've read in one of the reviews/comments) must have a rather unsophisticated nose. I'm sorry but they do NOT smell anything alike. Not even their shared vanilla & licorice notes smell the same.
"Note Vanillee" is IMO, one of the very best vanilla-centric renditions I've smelled to date. Rich boozy and utterly gorgeous. Blue Sugar in comparison is as "a plain spoon of sugar" is to a sumptuous "Crème Brûlée dessert".
One is certainly NOT a viable substitute for the other. To say they smell similar is just totally inaccurate ! (Even slightly ludicrous - Sorry)

Jellybean
Jellybean

this ones okay; lots sweet notes to compliment the title. this perfume can also be unisex.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Considering how cheaply priced their scents are to buy, the quality of Aquolina fragrances is exceptional.

Blue Sugar is another sweet little beauty from this Italian house.

It's a mixture of licorice as the star and cotton candy in the supporting role, although both notes are vying for attention. The rest of the notes are so well blended, it's hard to distinguish one from another, but there is a very sweet, woody drydown.

Blue Sugar is marketed as a men's fragrance, but I find it unisex, bordering on feminine. On my skin at least, it exudes femininity, but isn't overly girly like it's sister, Pink Sugar (which I also like).

This fragrance is for anyone who loves a (very sweet) gourmand scent. I can't fault this fragrance. It's fairly simple, beautiful and pretty yummy. Not to mention, it has great lasting power.

Molko
Molko

Sugar+caramel+sweet+warm+deep+lasting+unisex=Blue Sugar

soned

I have to say, I am impressed!. On me, this one starts with a burnt sugar, then it becomes pure caramel, and at the end (8-10 hours later), it becomes very "sweet smoke", don't know from what or why, but that is exactly how it finishes on my skin.

Out of 10;
Sillage - 8
Longevity - 10
Compliments - 9

Seems to be a winner!

manimani
manimani

Very strong and sweet perfume,on my neck,much stronger,then A*Men,witch i heave ,also in my collection,to me ,also better,much modern then A*Men.I like this stuff so much!!!

PlunketNurse

Actually i wore lolita lempicka and flowerbomb and i got a near replica of blue sugar. It s a gorgeous fragrance, a lushful of patchouli with a bowl of sugar topped up with a powerful grind of anise. This is potent, rivalling the designer houses like dior and chanel. However it can be headache inducing with all it s creamy sugary goodness, i suggest applying not more than 2 sprays below waist down. Dont get me wrong it isn't an infantile fragrance, it s full of sex and sophistication when worn right in my opinion.

dboakes
dboakes

Bought today blind and really regret. First notes remind me of Angel and then it turned into something that gave me a pounding headache and nausea. Took me ages to wash the smell off of my wrist. Giving away tomorrow as I want it out of my house!

Avoid

artsymom
artsymom

I received a sample of this and had my husband try it. I actually like Pink Sugar on myself but this is very strong and neither of us liked it. It is different from most fragrances for men in that it is sweet so if you want to really stand out, this might be right for you. But be ready for love or hate remarks. Personally, it makes me feel ill.

Kittycat63

Hmm, well I got a blind buy bottle of Blue Sugar over the internet which was based on the good reviews of it here and I was excited to see for myself what it smelled like (and yes, I'm a woman but it seemed to be a unisex scent and I quite like Pink Sugar!). Well, so far I'm not massively impressed with it. Of course, the 'essence' of Blue Sugar is its cotton candy sweetness but that's definitely offset by the patchouli, star anise, licorice and cedar so it smells more manly to me than womanly, despite the sweetness. It also smells kind of 'flat' to me and a bit lifeless, for some reason! I was expecting it to excite me a bit more but it hasn't, so far anyway. I just think it's quite nice and on the right person, male or female, it might be really appealing and smell good. I think though that certainly as far as men are concerned, it would take the right kind of man, probably someone a bit 'edgy' and adventurous, to be able to pull off wearing a fragrance like this. I certainly don't think this would appeal to the majority of men, and ones who are conventional and traditional, because it's so sugary and very unlike the usual fresh, cooler types of men's fragrances.

If I had to rate this I'd give it a 3 out of 5 - not bad and definitely different but I've smelled better!

leogeee
leogeee

Burnt Sugar definitely is the first observation. Odd as this is, I get compliments and once in a while it's nice to change from the routine. Thumbs up.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I found this incredibly cheap and couldn't resist. After reading the majority of reviews on here I assumed that it wouldn't be my kind of scent. However, after giving it a spray I was pleasantly surprised. On my skin it is not overly sweet and dries down more rice pudding than cotton candy (candy floss here in England).
It will be interesting to see how this smells on a cold winters day as it was quite hot and sunny when I purchased it. The lasting power is also fantastic.

Kittycat63

Well, going by the reviews here about Blue Sugar it definitely sounds as if it's a scent that's more suited to women rather than most men! Of course, I'm sure some men could pull off wearing it but if it's very sweet and gourmand then I think most men would probably not like it too much!

I just saw it for sale on a British perfume website at only £4.75 for a 50ml (1.7oz) bottle which is a steal so I've ordered a bottle for myself. Hopefully, it's as yummy smelling as it sounds and if it's anything like Pink Sugar then I should like it. If not, it'll either be popping up in my Swap List or I may have to foist it on a male friend! ;o)

PlunketNurse

I wont mind making baby smurfs if papa smurf smell like this..

Mojo95
Mojo95

HAHAH "papa smurf"

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Smells like Papa Smurf would were this!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

WOW! Ultrasweet, licoricy gourmand. Very candy!
Evenly radiates aromas of caramel, anise, licorice and fairy floss. All the other notes are undetectable so far, theyre really a body structure more than a smell.

ian85

I love blue sugar and I agree with Blueberry when she quotes Dalida's song "Caramel, bonbons et chocolat..." because it's a very sweet frag!
A few time ago, I wore A men by Mugler, that is not far from this sweet scent. I think blue sugar is more "ludique", less serious, that's why it's the perfect one for free time, vacations...Two time spraying is enough for a day! Dedicated to men and women who want to smile...

blueberry
blueberry

"Caramel, bonbons et chocolat..."
Dalida's song comes to my mind when I douse myself in this yummy toffi-caramel-licorice-candy concoction...
Amazing mood up-lifter, but so dangerous! If you overdo it - you'll get either migraine or you'll knock down your companions!
Sillage and longevity are really powerful, and it is definitely for cold weather only.
Not for the office, and not for the lovers of classic masculine fragrances.
Better on women, IMO.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I tried this out of curiosity today to work.what a huge mistake!Just one squirt of this on my skin nearly suffocated me.very sweet and I found it very juvenile.
it simply left me self-conscious all day.

It shouldnt be worn on a hot day or when you are indoors:it's too cloying.nites and cold days will be ok.An older man should steer clear away from this.You will turn heads for all the wrong reasons

Thankfully,I got it relatively cheap so I really cant moan too much about blind buying this.It was too simple and didnt offer much for me by way of development.all i got was the smell of burnt sugar that lasted all day on till I got home and thankfully scrubbed the remnants off my body.The effect on my nose was the same I get at times from some vetiver fragrances-sharp,dry and some burning sensation.

All in all I will say this fragrance simply did my head in for all the wrong reasons.i can see it however working for some who have the nose for it and to them I say good luck.i will keep the 50ml I have and use when I get unwanted visitors(who irritate me) and hopefully it will the do trick of driving them away so I have my peace

This is not a good men's scent. Don't give it away as a present to males. I guess none will approve - and 8 year old males shouldn't wear perfume :)

jasonx
jasonx

The burnt sugar note in the beginning of this one and Pink Sugar is very horrible. As a gourmand lover, I much much prefer Chocolovers also by Aquolina which is very overlooked and underated

Gigifst
Gigifst

Thanks Krissycat :)

I agree with you it smells a bit like Angel but more wearable ( i dont like angel but i like this one). It remembers me too Lolita L (this one i loveeeee one of my favorites, cause its softer but really long lasting).

This one is lovely but powerful one it lasts for decades.

krissycat

My fiance just gave this to me last night. He told me it would smell better on me than him. He just couldn't carry it. I guess not all men are going to like this.. it actually smells a lot like Thierry Mugler Angel for women.. so I'll wear this even though it's a men's cologne. I personally can tell that there is some masculine note in this cologne, but I think since the cotton candy pink sugar type scent carries this, it overshadows the Woodsy, Patchouli notes, so it makes it difficult for some men to carry. If you're a guy definetely test this before buying

costaleo
costaleo

Great for layering with other fragrances. I've layered it with Blv Notte and Fahrenheit Absolut. It really goes well with them and might with other fragrances as well.
It is a very unique scent with great longevity. However, you gotta have the guts to wear it. First of all, make sure you'll be in a place where you won´t offend anyone. This is not an office scent. YOU WILL SMELL LIKE CARAMEL, so you don't want your boss to get sick.
In spite of the predominance of cotton candy, BS is not only about cotton candy. It's a rich mixture, very well balanced and after some wears we do start to realize it's much more than just a very sweet scent.
I can very easily get sick when I am wearing/ being near someone wearing very sweet fragrances. BS is sweet, but has a gourmand side that makes my water mouth instead of making me wanna puke -- which is a good thing.
It is the most unique fragrance I have. But only for the sweet tooth. Don't buy it blindly.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Blue Sugar is a scent that you can almost "taste" when you smell, and that´s what makes it so special and irresistible!
It´s VERY sweet and absolutely delicious!
Licorice seems to shout a little too loud in the beginning, but it soon dries down in a wonderful way, very well blended with cotton-candy and tonka bean.
Although it´s a men´s fragrance, it perfectly suits women too, and it´s actually one of my favorite perfumes.
Not the best choice if you don´t like sweet fragrances, but if you do, I firmly recommend it as a must-have. In fact, I think that such a tasting olfactory experience must have been a work of genious!

krissycat

I bought this for my fiance and unfortunately he refuses to wear it. He says it smells way too feminine. I will admit it is very sweet and smells a little bit like Pink Sugar for Women. This might be better being a perfume rather than a cologne. I love the Aquolina line. I've bought every perfume they carry for women

Raznov
Raznov

I bought a tester for this and I'm happy I didn't buy it full price. It's far too sweat for me. It's like the time when you are in a candy store. But you will smell it fulltime now. I got to say this scent lasts long, like 8 hours. Smells like Caramel. I dislike this one right now.

chyprecat
chyprecat

Can I be the founding member of the Blue Sugar Club? Just bought a bottle (very cheap) and I think I might fall over as I have been hyper-ventilating ever since!!!!
Possibly the most foody scent I have ever owned. I have commented in the past that Elizabeth Arden's Spiced Green Tea is quite licorice-ee and nummy, but we are talking night and day here.
If we were talking in musical terms, Spiced Green Tea would be a very nice string quartet, perhaps playing some delicate piece by Mozart.
BLUE SUGAR WOULD BE A GIGANTIC ORCHESTRA PLAYING THE FULL RING CYCLE BY WAGNER!!!
TO THOSE OF YOU WHO FEAR A BIG SCENT, TREAD CARFULLY!!! Blue Sugar is enormous and dense and rich, and smells as tho' it should be poured over ice cream. I am glad I read several of the reviews before buying a bottle, so at least I sort of knew what I was getting myself into.
Let us not mince words here!
Blue Sugar is neither a masterpiece or a stroke of olfactory heaven, but its personality shouts to you, yells YOU WILL SMELL ME AND YOU WILL SMILE!!!

Love the bottle too; must find someone with a good glass cutter so that I can take the top off when the scent is done and turn it into a bud vase!!!!

Frag
Frag

Extremely sweet. Lasts long and can get a little much.
If you want to smell and feel (sticky) like a children's birthday party, this is the one!

I wonder if there are any sweeter fragrances for men than this?

The ideal occasion to wear this would be a Roman orgy.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

blue sugar is a truly intoxicating scent and it can suit also woman. the licorice is really strong in this in the first minutes but then it mingels very well with the other accords and the patchouli is calming down the sweetness. it's really delicious and sexy, sweet but not girlish. ok, the cotton candy is actually waving trough the compo, but it's subtle and not to sweet.

blue sugar lasts forever with a few drops. the base with cedar, tonka and staranaise is to die for. i can really recommend this to a selfconfident man who dares to be sexy to bite. it can maybe even become a hilarious scent when worn by the wrong type of man.

it remembers me a lot to diesel fuel unlimited, less the powdery white flowers, lavender and coriander make this more unisex than diesel fuel unlimited which is obviousely suitet to woman.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

I highy recommend this perfume to any man. It smells edible (a delicious mixture of caramel, licorice, cotton candy, and musk) - which is, believe me, what you want when you're around a lady. Just make sure that you're okay with possibly being bitten! ;o)

la_beba
la_beba

I love pink sugar! I'm gonna buy this for myself..i think it will smell great! This easily can be unisex scent for pink sugar fans.

Ya i'm a girl.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

I have Chocolovers and have tried Pink Sugar.I broke down and bought a sample of Blue Sugar off ebay and opened up the vial today.
Very nice -bottle worthy(multiple bottle actually my Dad likes it too-after making sure it IS a men's fragrance-He's picky)Dad tried it (he's 56).He said it smelled yummy like cookie dough.
Blue Sugar smells almost exactly like Lolita Lempicka's L minus the salt & immortelle.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Thanks to awesomeness again, I have a bottle of this too! I would never peg this as a man's scent in the least, in fact it should be deemed Pink Sugar Night or Noir for women who love a deeper richer scents for the night life. I don't think my husband would touch this with a ten foot pole even if I begged him to ware this for me. Its very feminine no matter how many times its tossed around here. Love it alot too. I will ware this with pride as its just a breathtaking scent, I like it better than the original Pink Sugar.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

My curiosity was peaked for Blue Sugar as I Adore Pink Sugar but at times it is a tad too sweet for my 44 year old self. I finally broke down and bought some samples of BS from Ebay, I have to say I really like it! Blue Sugar on me seems like Angel's mellower sister, Angel on me has an overpowering patchouli smell and that's it, none of the sweet stuff I was hoping for, Blue Sugar does have the patchouli but it's not overpowering and also has the sweet stuff. I don't smell much in the way of licorice but do smell the anise, cotton candy and maybe a twinge of lavender. All in all I really like it and reccomend women not be afraid to try it, it really is a unisex scent, my son liked it on me but said he wouldn't wear it, hope my husband likes it (on me!). I'm going to try mixing Blue and Pink Sugars as someone suggested, should be interesting!

AmandaK
AmandaK

I like it because its sugary but with bite. I don't like licorice, but it works wonderfully here. It vaguely reminds me of ginger snap cookies. Its pleasantly sweet,not cloying. Definitely for men and women.

janudy
janudy

How in the world does this smell good? There's licorice, cotton candy, star anise--this should be a mess, but it's not. I like this quite a lot! The beginning is my favorite part where it fairly sparkles with from the orange. The anise and licorice are iffy on me b/c they reminds me of the smell of black jelly beans, but they mix well with the cotton candy--giving this scent it's character. It's sweet, but not cavity inducing like pink sugar. It offers a lot more than pink sugar--you can smell the different layers to this perfume-begins with orange goodness, then gourmand, then woods.

Thanks to awesomeness for introducing me to this!

youngreview

opening : tangy citrus
heart : sweet floral + licorice
base : energizing woody
dry-down : sweet licorice
cost : 20.00 for 1.7 ounce + shower gel kit!!!
overall : 9.2 / 10 !

thief of hearts

Fans should try layering this with Pink Sugar. Amazing!

charlieshaw
charlieshaw

I love this fragrance. I'm a teenager and I'm not into the usual woody/spicy fragrances for men. This is completly different. The notes seem interesting. I don't get any of the lavender, coriander or patchouli, which is good in my case! To me it smells of a mix between cotton candy and caramelised sugar with heaps of black liqourice. The staying power is excellent, I would say 6-8 hours with this fragrance. To me this smells much better than Pink Sugar! Never fails to get me compliments. Most definitely will be a repurhcase.

Adriana Candiotto

He really has a stunning setting, must be used very carefully and airy in places, its sweet burnt caramel mixed with anise surrounds us so that we are not careful our glycemic index can go on high rs, perfect for low temperature heat , welcomes those who enjoy mega nestles candy.

Adriana Candiotto

Realmente ele tem uma fixação impressionante, tem que ser usado com muita cautela e em lugares arejados, seu doce caramelo queimado misturado ao anis nos envolve de tal maneira que se não tomarmos cuidado nosso indice glicêmico pode ir nas alturas rs, perfeito para temperaturas baixas aquece, acolhe aconchega quem aprecia mega doces.

Wow... What a sugar rush! Blue Sugar isn't as sweet as his sibling Pink Sugar but it is still high in calories. Blue sugar, like many describes, is like sweet molasses, warm on stove top + a bit of minty effect. This is not a scent for everyone, but for anyone who is open minded and would like something sweet for a change.

BTW, the drama doesn't end there. I smell this the next day on my clothes and it surprises me! The sweet scent of molasses is exhausted away (and stay in the background) while the woodsy notes come forward and reclaim its manhood. It becomes a really nice scent! Totally unexpected. I might have to get myself a bigger bottle.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

blue sugar is really sweet at the beginning..its like brown sugar mix with regular in water and let it burn in heat..and the licorice mixes it make it extra sweet.the dry down is really good..the second part is cotton candy which reminds me of making cotton candy in front of my eyes when i first smell it

Floritica64
Floritica64

Cotton candy heaven!

bamboowu
bamboowu

Blue Sugar by Aquolina is a total wonderful surprise for me. It is not what I expected. Marketed more for men, I think women would adore and love this one, I certainly do.

It is just wonderful, quite like it's sister, Pink Sugar, but with this wonderful sensual depth.

It is a sexy, smokey, sweet and tangy combination. In my initial spray I can detect citrues, cotton candy, patchouli, lavender, licorice, anise and vanilla. Smells like a lavender honey to me, almost a caramelized feel to it. The patchouli and tonka bean add a wonderful depth to this fragrance.

I adore sweet fragrances that contain patchouli, and here it is really wonderful!

Sillage is average on me, and the lasting power is about 4-5 hours, it did not last on me as long as I would like. That said, it sure does not stop me from loving it as much as I do. I love Pink Sugar but I love this one much much more. Very delicious and definitely yummy!

Personally I would love to see this one in an intense version some day to make it longer lasting. I highly recommend this fragrance and if you have not yet tried it, you really should. I definately would buy it again.

LOVE it!

mrolfhus

I love this. I bought it for my husband, who really won't wear anything but Old Spice (which he wears well, I must say). I put it on and it became my new signature scent. I'd call it a unisex--and stunning. Richer than Pink Sugar for the woman who doesn't want to smell like a girl.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

aquolina blue sugar is such a heavenly perfume.

as the name suggests its sugar , very sweet and extremely delightful .

the licorice is very noticable in the beggning then it settles down later to blend with the rest of the notes.

this scent smells like ......not burnt sugar but more like hot caramelized sugar . thats how to describe the smell.
like hot caramel . its veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrryyyy sensual and ery warm therefore it must be worn in the winter.
this in the summer will be very heavy .

i think 3 sprays are enough to get u 5-6 hours easily while still remaining nice.

really good and worth buying. its one of those sweet scents that have depth and stands out.

9/10 :D

RobbieX
RobbieX

Cotton candy (Candy floss in UK) notes in the opening - very sweet - it's a bit like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin but more complex, there are more notes in this one....dries down to a note similar to AMen could be unisex this one, There is more to this than you think......!!! Oh and by the way......I like it - but I have to say that the LL frag is a more refined and smoother smell. Blue Sugar is a cross between Au Masculin and Amen and it's powerful too.

weegee
weegee

Disclosure: I love cotton candy and would eat it every single day if I could find a way to justify doing so... And, I'm an absolute drooling fool for licorice fragrances of all kinds. So of course I had to try Blue Sugar. Marketed as a man's fragrance but it is most certainly unisex.

Reviews note that cedar is prominent and I concur! Fantastic cedar, one of my all-time favorite notes, that adds an aromatic zing that tempers much of the sweetness.

And you just gotta love coffee & toffee, right? Well, here I can TASTE both. Yum. Pile on the licorice and the juice becomes burnt-sweet/bitter and darkly wonderful. The color is blue but the fragrance is dark like coffee, toffee, caramel, vanilla and chocolate, all darknesses whose taste is truly sublime. Great find for a little price, too. Lasting. Sillage makes people smile. Makes me hungry. Could easily nibble on the right man wearing this.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

A masterpiece! Try to imagine the scent of black licorice mixed with toasted sugar.

I don´t think that this fragrance is too sweet for men. It´s perfect: so sexy and clean, but sweet and original at the same time.

I can smell a fragrance´s base quite similar to Pink Sugar, and I think Blue Sugar is like an unisex fragrance. I have use it a couple of times, and everyone who are next to me always ask what I wear!!

BIG
BIG

this frag is so good and unique!!! It could totally compete against A*Men. Delicious and truly amazing!

Marki san
Marki san

Blue Sugar smells to me like licorice, sugar, coffe, caramel and a little bit of burned cotton candy. Its sweet and 'loud' and absolutely grabs attention. I think Blue Sugar is more of an evening scent but can be worn in the day time in fall and winter. Its just too strong and 'sticky' for the summer.

Blue Sugar is not just another sweet fragrance....this one has its own character and thats why I like it

Ldymrmlde
Ldymrmlde

I love this scent. I wear it sometimes. I might even like this one better compared to Pink Sugar because I love woody notes.
I do agree with Rafael on the description.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this has leapt into my top 5 out of about 350 fragrances.sweet but manly at the same time,how they pull that off???

desmondorama
desmondorama

I've waited a long time to buy and try this amazing fragrance and I'm glad I did!

Thanks to my friend Cassiano (who thinks it's a masterpiece and much under-rated) who recommended it to me, I bought a bottle online and I can now review it.

I initially anticipated Blue Sugar to be a very cloying, sickly sweet and cheap-smelling perfume; but how wrong I was!

It's actually quite musky, definitely gourmand and quite youthfully masculine; although it's hard to compare it to any of the current commercial perfumes on the market.

It has a very, very sexy, sensual, caramelised sugar and sweet musk-woodsy base note. Guys, don't be put off by the name and bottle of this fragrance, it just makes people want to snuggle up to you and get your clothes off!

I highly recommend it as a wardrobe must-have.

Blue Sugar is not unlike A*MEN/Angel Men by Thierry Mugler, or even a sweeter version of Obsession by Calvin Klein, but less intense.

Blue sugar is like KOUROS by YSL and JOOP! Pour Homme, you either understand these fragrances and love them, or you don't and dislike them.

The fragrance was designed by Shyamala Maisondieu, the wife of notable nose, Antoine Maisondieu, at Givaudan for Aquolina.

LuckyStar1

So much sweeter than A*MEN, i did own this fragrance but gave it away to my 16 year old nephew who likes it. It smells better on him than it ever did on me. I like fragrances with star anise or licorice but this was just too overpowering on me...even with just one spritz. Shame really....but my A*MEN and A*MEN Pure Coffee are the best by far.

Cassiano
Cassiano

I haven't known this one, but it was a big surprise when the box arrived. I have red some comments and I decided to take a chance. Do you know when you take a risk and say “Thank God”? Well, that’s what happened to me.

I would say that this is "made for me", because I like this type of scents. Blue Sugar is very, very powerful and exhale all the time. You can not put too much on your skin, because it is really strong and maybe you can bother others around you.

Basically, its construction is cotton candy, star anise and licorice. The rest...is just the rest!

On my skin looks like that burnt sugar syrup used to make pudding, with a hint of coffee. And it's magic to wear a cologne and feel it in yourself during all day long. It is the real sensation of quality!

mrolfhus

I love this! I love Pink Sugar, but it is a little too-too for work. Blue Sugar has the notes I love but a richer, more dense base. I know it is for men, but I think it is great for women, too!

HOTRODS BY JP

THIS FRAGRANCE IS ONE that you need to be very careful when you put in on, also a mens or womens scent should match what you are going to ware, so the scent should match the clothes youput on, i realy like this one very sweat very casuael

HOTRODS BY JP

HI just wanted to say that there are some kool reveiws , I heard about this from a sales women at a discount store but they did not have it in stock so i got it from my favoret web site cant wait till it gets here, i have found out that i realy like the GOURMAND scents so now im happy i will try this and get back to give you what i think so until next time SUPER HEROS WANTED!

LuckyStar1

Ok, I don't know if it because it is summer but this is smelling like burnt toffee and licorice allsorts on me. I like the Cotton Candy element but not with the licorice and star anise. It stinks to high heaven on me and I gave this away to my teenage nephew who likes it.

guest_Hypno
guest_Hypno

I love wearing Blue sugar its very sweet and different from most mens colognes but i wish the licorice note wasn't in it.Blue sugar smells like root beer or cream soda,vanilla,white cake,brown sugar,and caramel on me.Sometimes the licorice can be too strong though but overall its good its very cheap and lasts all day

falovalo
falovalo

Smells just like cotton candy, only it's not loud and obnoxious, and the other notes keeps it from seeming childish and cliched. Definitely unisexual. The cedar really grounds this and makes it interesting and a little more adult than I'd anticipated. I really like it!

guest_*Madonna*
guest_*Madonna*

If you like A*MEN and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, then you will love this fragrance. Aquolina's Blue Sugar men's fragrance is fantastic. Very masculine and not the least bit overpowering.

guest_Pink Sugarlover
guest_Pink Sugarlover

Blue Sugar
Aquolina's first foray into men's fragrance opens with a delightful harmony of caramelized sugar and vanilla blended with heady notes of cedar and tonka bean. The heart of the fragrance is rich with energetic notes of licorice, patchouli, lavender, and coriander, freshened with crisp bergamot and mandarin, and finished with soothing notes of anise. Blue Sugar is a fragrance of contrasts - fun and effervescent, yet supremely masculine.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

I love this cologne, my girlfriend picked it out for me. At first spray the licorice is very prominent. It subtly stays through to the dry down. It's long lasting and very sweet without being too feminine.

thomkallor
thomkallor

Love BLUE SUGAR's sweet embrace - I can't smell the citrus at all (thankfully), just inviting licorice which takes a little bit of the edge off the festive cotton candy. While it doesn't SOUND like something one might want to put on one's body, it is not at all feminine and definitely something different in the world of aquatic/ozonic/Acqua di Gio smellalikes. Daring and different, I was there waiting for it two Christmas Eves ago when it hit Sephor's shelves.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I love it when my husband wears Blue Sugar. It's not as sweet as Aquolina's Pink Sugar for women, but I want to devour him whenever he wears it. :-) I just love anise in fragrances. This is a truly unique fragrance that folks will either love or hate. Fans of classic men scents probably won't care for it, but if you're young, modern or just enjoy standing apart from the crowd, give this one a try.

EMOYEA
EMOYEA

EVERY SINGLE TIME I've worn this fragrance...I've been asked What it was. Both by Women & Men. Blue Sugar Commands your attention. If you Dont want to be notibly different this isnt the Scent for you.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE SCENT for 2007/2008.
Dirty English is becoming my Fave of 2008.

Blue Sugar by Aquolina 3.74 out of 5 based on 518 ratings and 182 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aquolina Blue Sugar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Aquolina Blue Sugar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blue Sugar by Aquolina. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blue Sugar by Aquolina represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.