Designers » A » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

milky
coconut
tropical
Gold Sugar Aquolina for women Pictures

Aquolina announces two new fragrances for 2013 from the line made famous by Pink Sugar perfume. These are the fragrances Gold Sugar and Steel Sugar. Gold Sugar is a floral bouquet enhanced by gourmand notes. It opens with citrus and neroli, with the heart of the crème brule and coconut and the base of Australian sandalwood, musk and creamy accord.

Available as Eau de Toilette.

Neroli Orange Mandarin Orange

Floral Notes Creme Brulee Coconut

Musk Australian Sandalwood Whipped cream

Gold Sugar Fragrance Reviews

Vastalux
Vastalux

On my skin, I can detected smell of mango, coconut and vanilla. After a few hours it settle down to nice smell. Longevity and projection just average. I prefer Pink Sugar over this anytime. Not suitable for office wear.

tahia_loky
tahia_loky

compre este perfume a ciegas por los comentarios que vi en esta pagina, este perfume es delicioso dan ganas de comerselo, es dulce, yo le siento notas a vainilla con un poco de coco. Nunca he olido la creme brulee pero esto tiene un toque de crema (muy suave), es un perfume cálido y se parece según yo a la version madura de meow de katy perry y al pour femme de dolce y gabanna pero mas dulce (al estilo aquoalina).
a las adictas de los perfumes gourmand se los recomiendo absolutamente! me encanta !

Centsless
Centsless

This is the Sugar for a grown woman to enjoy. Not as sweet as Pink Sugar, Gold Sugar is creamier/milkier with a tropical vibe from the coconut and orange. Creme Brulee is such a decadent dessert, and that is exactly how Gold Sugar smells, creamy and decadent. I find myself reaching for this often because it just smells GOOD and it doesn't try to be all complicated.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Original Pink Sugar, eat your heart out!
This is simply delicious. It's sweet, but not nearly as sweet as PS (which was nice to sniff but too sweet for me to wear).

Where Pink Sugar is cotton candy and cupcakes at your daughter's sixth birthday party, Gold Sugar is eating Crème Brulee while on your second date at an upscale French restaurant.

A bit more mature.

jamaral
jamaral

Sinto-me banhada em leite creme! Docinho... o mais docinho que conheço!
Gosto pela doçura e simplicidade! Jovem!

CPelly82
CPelly82

I'm suffering from a cold and when I sprayed this on before coming to work I didn't realized how strong it actually was. I wanted to get an opinion from a co-worker and when I arrived he was taken back by the scent. The sillage is amazing and now that I smell it for myself I think it's awesome. The whipped cream and coconut is lovely but alittle goes a long way.

So it's been about 6 hours since I put this on and it's still going strong. Now that I can smell better it truly does smell like crème brulee. The burnt sugar, vanilla and cream is absolutely amazing. My co-worker described it as " yummy ". If you are looking for a fragrance from Aquolina that's not too sweet like Pink Sugar this would be great for everyday use.

Soie

Though there does seem to be a(n apparently unlisted) note of fresh lemon in this, its note of neroli remains quite recognizable to me, and packs quite a punch as well. I do like the neroli, though, as I am finding that I really do prefer fragrances that are not strictly gourmand in composition.

Gold Sugar is wonderfully aromatic in warm temperatures, which seems to heighten all its notes, but most especially its milky, vanillic accords. And the fragrance itself is actually the very best of the milky scents I've come across to date.

Drydown, hours later, smells of vanilla ice cream with an air of neroli (a citrus floral).

Moderate sillage and excellent longevity. I went to sleep after spritzing some on and then woke up 7 1/2 hours later with the mouthwatering aroma of vanilla ice cream on the back of my hands (which are my preferred spots for testing perfume).

KDJ
KDJ

Such a nice and creamy scent this has. Not as crazy sweet as Pink Sugar. I notice though at the opening, I get a strong scent that smells like licorice to me. Wonderful combination, should probably stock up on this scent!

Anna1011
Anna1011

This is currently my project perfume. I've been wearing it daily and it is very nice but not my favorite. I can see how some would classify this as a winter perfume as it is warm and vanilla and intense, but on me that lasts for about a minute or five. I like it in summer it's like the beach with the sun, sun lotion, and a tropical drink and maybe some ice cream. It's a warm, coconut honey milk mixture with what I swear is lemons. The dry down is what I call lemon sugar. In the beginning I get a hint of the neroli and it lingers for an hour or two but then its gone. Like others have said, it's not very long lasting 3-4 hours tops.In someways the dry down reminds me of Kerosene Unknown Pleasures

Hellita
Hellita

This was a very nice surprise! I was gifted a sample of GS from a friend in here, and as I've had bad experience with some of my blind buys lately - I prepared and did not have high hopes. BOY was I wrong. This is a delight and it developes so beautifully on my skin. I hope I'm not swearing in Church here, but on me this is veeery similar to Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme EdP (and I know, because I own that one) - the only difference is that D&G pour femme has raspberry instead of GS' orange. I'm not saying it's gonna be the same for you guys, but on me GS was just as good and sweet. Definately a LOVE from me! Now I'm going for the original Pink Sugar as well! ;) Happy time!

EDIT: I'm 30 mins in now, and I need to take back my comment about D&G Pour Femme, because that was just the initial 10 mins. Now it has turned into something so soft, heavenly and addictive. My god. I.NEED.THIS!

seaside
seaside

I'm not sure what to make of this. It's the one and only Aquolina fragrance I've tried. It has its moments, mostly hours in, but there is something in here that strikes an unpleasant chord on my skin. It also gives me that little tightness in the chest that I get from some scents.

I can't help but compare it unfavorably to another recent acquisition, Prada Candy, which gets all the warm, sweet tones just right.

But I paid only $15 and change for Gold Sugar, so I'm okay.

ETA: It's growing on me. If I'm careful to not over do it, I find that it is very comforting.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Let me start by saying: I LOVE sweet scents. I do. I wanted to love this one so much. I enjoy both Pink and Blue Sugar, and with the coconut angle on this one, I thought "Bingo! Winner!"

Well...the opening is A LOT of artificial really really heavily sweet coconut and sugar. I think the faux coconut note is what caused my headache. :(

I got no neroli in the opening, but I do get the strong lemon sugar (similar to Pink Sugar) and I was ok with that. I prefer the lemon sugar goodness of Al-Rehab Soft for that particular type of scent. As for the Creme Brulee...yes, I caught whiffs of that, which was very nice, but it is much better done with Britney's Curious In Control.

All in all, the faux coconut is what really killed it for me. The drydown is sweet and fairly tenacious...and it is VERY lovely at the base, but I will not be purchasing a full bottle of this. Your mileage may vary, this might be just the sweet coconutty dessert fragrance you're looking for. They have it billed as an 'oriental vanilla'--no, don't let that fool you. This is full on gourmand.

usualla
usualla

this perfume is fine but doesnt work great in warm weather (im living in a tropical country). Long lasting one

maltatude
maltatude

I blind tested this the other day and I did think of Cinema when it dried down. The same kind of vanilla, base note idea. Still a very different fragrance. Worth sampling if you can find it.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

This was a blind buy for me. Gold Sugar sounded like a true gourmand delight and once I saw it compared to YSL Cinema I was sold. Gold Sugar bears no resemblance to her older sister, Pink Sugar. I get a lot of coconut and creamy sugar in the opening. After a few moments, it is reminiscent of a much creamier, more vanillic version of B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena. The coconut stays very sweet throughout. I wasn't a huge fan of the opening, but the drydown was absolutely heavenly. It is the perfect creamy marshmallow scent and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. You definitely need to enjoy sugary-sweet fragrances to like this one; I could see some finding the initial burst too sweet. That said, the longevity is terrible. It's shocking that an EDT lasts only an hour or two.

indiralove
indiralove

Yummy..

KateAnette

I've been wearing YSL Cinema a couple of evenings in a row. This morning I decided to wear Gold Sugar. I realized that it's almost exactly like Cinema on my skin, with extra sugar :). Not complaining, since I love Cinema and only have a large decant of it. GS is a really good dupe, and a lot cheaper too.

jessbug
jessbug

I blind bought Gold Sugar, because it sounded like the perfect thing for me. Coconut? Check. Creme Brulee? Check! Whipped Cream? Sign me up! Add some sandalwood and musk, and some orange citrus; sounds fantastic!

Unfortunately, this seems to be a case of 'too much of a good thing' for me. While Gold Sugar smells really nice, and it's a definite 'LIKE' for me, I almost never wear it. I spray it on my bed sometimes, but even then it sometimes becomes too much after a while. When I wear it on my skin it's just overkill.

I've never met an Aquolina fragrance that was weak and had no sillage, and that's one of the things I like about that brand. But in the case of Gold Sugar that means it's just not very wearable to me.

Oh well, I'm still happy with my bottle. This way I can turn my bed into a fluffy marshmallow any time I want to. Guaranteed sweet dreams!

Lexxy
Lexxy

There is such a beautiful scent in the background!! But there is also something in this that ruins the whole thing for me. I'm thinking it's the creamy accord, to me it smells like orange baby powder over an old fashioned cold cream. How I wish that note wasn't there, this would be perfect. Beside that weird cream note this is very nice.. Warm, tropical without smelling like suntan lotion, coconut, woody, citrusy.. But I just can't get passed that sour old fashioned creme note. I hope Aquolina would come out with something just like this minus the creme accord, Gold Sugar Sensual? For those of you wondering this is nothing like Pink Sugar.

Am I the only one getting the orange baby powder cold creme scent?

EDIT- it's really growing on me, I find myself craving it and wanting to wear it, I really do like it. If someone is wondering about GS it's worth giving it a try, definitely.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Soapy citrus on a light cream base with hints of coconut.

Reserving my sample for breezy summer days.

Reminds me of a better formulated Coconut Passion (Victoria's Secret).

heymoe9
heymoe9

How do they do it! I spend lots of money on perfume, buy niche, classic you name it. But I have gotten mor joy out of the blind buy cheapies I read about from other Fragrantica members. This is no exception. It is like happiness in a bottle. Sure it's not complex or original, but who cares if you like it, and I adore this one.

SBunny
SBunny

I adore this.

Upon the first spray it's quite fizzy and little bit chemically sweet but that subsides almost instantly and becomes so sweet, creamy and alluring. The Creme brûlée is very dominant making the scent so delicious and inviting. Buttery, sugary, vanillic goodness. The citrus notes offer a little bit of tanginess to the fragrance but the Creme brûlée takes centre stage.

The lasting power and sillage on this is really fantastic too. I can smell it quite strongly all day long. This was my signature during winter and even though it's become a bit warmer it still wears quite well. It would probably be too much for summer though. Out of all the perfumes in my wardrobe this receives the most compliments. I can't wear it without someone stopping me and asking what I'm wearing. It really is wonderful.

VioletCarson
VioletCarson

smells like a cheap perfume at the beginning but if you have a bit of patience the perfume will reveal his real notes, quite creamy, lemony and with a lot of coconut of course. to me it smells like a lemon/coconut cake just baked. I can feel the toffee notes and vanilla as well. not strong as pink sugar but more mature I think. the weird thing is that would suit summer and winter too, depending how much you use. nice one for sure but can't describe how much I miss chocolovers :'(

Perfume_Lover85
Perfume_Lover85

Another blind buy and a successful one! This is lovely, it just screams summer and sunshine, beaches and cocktails! On first spray I get oranges mixed with coconut which has some fizziness to it then the sweet cream comes in to the mix, it sweet, cheery and really uplifting! Love it! :)

One spray (first trying it) lasted on my skin for hours, my mum also sprayed herself once to smell it and it lasted hours on her skin aswell which surprised us because perfume (except Jessica Simpson Fancy) usually disappears on her skin quickly, so this is great!

candyaddict
candyaddict

This smells wonderful when first sprayed! The whipped cream, coconut and cream brulee are very dominant. I wish more of the neroli, orange and sandalwood would come through. The dry down smells like Vanilla Fields, which I'm not very fond of but, overall, it's nice.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This smells amazing! I love the creme brule, vanilla and other scents coming together to make such an enchanting and fun aroma. This has great lasting power as well and is not overpowering. Worth the blind buy. I love it!

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I really like Gold Sugar because to me this smells straight up a beach scent...kinda like suntan lotion but not oily but the coconut with lime,creme bruele and vanilla really make this a nice summer scent. I don't have a beach scent so i am happy with this being the only one i have so i don't need more...it is really uplifting.It is not as heavy as pink sugar with the fuzzy vanilla but it does last for awhile i would say 3-5 hours which is not that bad. I was hoping it would have been more thicker,fuzzier but its still a good gourmand for what it is as the creme bruele and vanilla get stronger and more long lasting on the dry down so it is definately creamy,milky. I love pink sugar more but i really do like this since i love gourmands..for $20 bucks it was a no breaker and i will definitely use it since its sweet enough for me to enjoy..i love aquolina products.

Mz_Aisha
Mz_Aisha

Wanted to loved this fragrance however, I just like it. Sadly there was a note that didn't get along well with my allergies. It's a warm & cozy gourmand that sits close to the skin. I enjoyed the top notes. The drydown not so much. Something was missing in towards the end. It became flat & almost nonexhistant. On my clothes it lasted 3-4 hrs & on the skin it lasted less than 3 hrs. I think this fragrance could have used a little praline.

Lily2911
Lily2911

Oh waaw, this is a nice gourmand but much more refined than you would expect. The neroli and sandalwood give it a lot of structure, yes linear but not an agressive candy store fragrance, neither a cheap suntan lotion smell. It wraps you into your childhood memories when mom was baking caramel cookies or in my case delicious warm homemade waffles. It triggers the same anticipation to indulgence : sniffing for hours all these amazing aroma's and finally savouring the patisserie and sharing this joy with your beloved ones. This perfume is also a joy ypu share, many people will sniff on you and react with lots of ahhh and ohhh :-)
Share it generously, Gold Sugar becomes very quickly your daily sunshine

hellokoi
hellokoi

Gold Sugar really does smell golden, warm, and creamy in the most amazing ways. I actually avoided trying this for a long time, even though I love Pink Sugar, because I thought that the coconut and tons of sweet notes would smell really cheap and generic. I imagined it smelling like cheap sun tan lotion and a cloying mess of notes. That could not be farther from the reality. Gold Sugar is a unique scent full of thick, creamy sweetness, all toasty warm, with a really nice, powdery finish from the sandalwood. It's decadent and sweet, but not cloying.

The sandalwood holds this scent together and keeps it from being too sweet for me. It adds this powdery, warm, woody base to the rich vanilla whipped cream, golden, sugary crème brulee, and coconut cream. The golden sweetness always makes me think of honey and sparkles, and sometimes I'm just in the mood for that sort of thing :)

A wonderful, comforting, playful scent for days when I want to smell like a magical mix of whipped cream, coconut cream, and toasted sugar.

Gold Sugar lasts on me better than any other perfume I own. I can actually wear this all day, take a shower, go to bed, and still smell its scent on me when I wake up in the morning. I was able to get the huge sized bottle for under $20, and it's definitely one of my best fragrance buys.

peachypixie
peachypixie

Ah, I'm glad for this lil edt.

It layers so well with practically any gourmand frag you have.

I wanted to layer Gold Sugar with Escada Desire Me, specifically, and was not let down.

The best part about GS is that it's not a one-demensional scent: creamy, nutty, with an orange zest. I was afraid the creme brulee note would be loud like caramel or pure sugar, but it's really... quite fabulous

While it tends toward fall/winter, this is light enough for spring (maaaybe not for sweaty summer days). I wear it on my clothes for maximum longevity - 3 hours max.

torkwan
torkwan

I wanted so badly to like this perfume, but I couldn't. I did not get any creme brulee, floral, or orange notes at all. All i got was coconut and lime--sort of reminds me of BBW coconut lime verbana but so cloyingly strong. Definitely different from the other Aquolinas for sure. Although this wasn't my cup of tea at all, I do have to say that it's refreshingly different from the others, definitely tropical and perfect for summer days. Unfortunately, coconut just isn't for me :(

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

Wow this is a good one
This perfume literally smells like you just took all the notes and blended it and made it into a cream
It is edible but not cloying or overly sweet
It has a slight powdered tangy citrus note as well
Can be worn by teens to early 30s
Its affordable, but doesnt smell cheap
This is yummy smelling
Good job Aquolina !

ohrite
ohrite

I love the smell of this one soooo much, but compared to the original PS the longevity and sillage is a bit disappointing. But it's still one of my favourites, so cosy sweet scent!

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

The Aquolina Sugar scents are really interesting-- I love to give em a big ol sniff, but I would never wear them because I cannot stand the look of the bottle. Needs a serious rebrand for a bottle more suited to such an interesting and different scent. The bottle design doesn't even match the price point in my opinion. Weird.

bleuciel
bleuciel

Milky sweet lemony mess. Not long lasting at all, especially when compared to the original Pink Sugar. As the day goes by, it simply evaporates and doesn't transform into anything else.

It smells appetizing (like cookie appetizing) at first, but then almost nothing. I pour what it seems like half a bottle on myself, but by mid-afternoon there's nothing there anymore.

Pros:
-cheap
-pleaseantly smelling, no headache inducing - good for relaxing at home or running casual errands

Cons:
- poor lasting power and sillage
- it smells the same from the moment it's sprayed until it disappears just a few short hours after
- the bottle is opaque, so you can't really know how much of it it's left

I will definitely not repurchase. The original is so much better.

simee
simee

Just received Gold sugar today!!! Ordered from ebayebay. Too expensive here in Canada and got a great deal, around $36 for 3.4 oz!!! The only perfume store here who did have only the 3.4 oz. Wanted $59 + tax!!! Waited 9 days to ship from Calif. To Can. Was a steal to me at half the price!!!
The main note here is a heavy beachy,suntanny coconut note.
As to my expectations as a Pink sugar addict, no doubt that same burnt/ spun sugar, candy floss note added to it a sticky toffee/ creme brule note.
Heavy, balmy, creamy vanilla and a dark yet fresh musk maybe even a sandalwood note as well is the drydown on my skin.
After spraying the tester where I did find it but passed due to the price I found the opening quite heavy which I expected and liked. I asked a salesgirl at a department store if she smelt it on me and asked her what she thought. She said she liked it and asked what it was.
I smell also the same tropical mango, beachy note minus the cloying of Miami Glo by Jlo, though there is an notei in that perfume that doesn't agree with me.
I am so glad I looked for this one and got a great deal!!!
The sillage is monster and the longetivity w/ the test spray was moderate.
It was my first blindbuy and am so excited to use it ;)

scarlettcupcake
scarlettcupcake

This is the perfect summer scent.Sunbathing on the beach drinking pina colada's! I love it.

Scarlette
Scarlette

This smells almost exactly like L de Lolita to me. Seriously! If you love L de Lolita, this one costs less than half as much. Sweet, creamy, but not terribly interesting. Gold Sugar has a slightly artificial hairspray smell that L doesn't. I still like Pink Sugar more.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I prefer this one to it's hyperactive sister Pink Sugar!

It is a clone of Benefit So Hooked on Carmella,I can't tell the difference.

It's bold,sweet and should be applied with a soft hand.

ecerusen
ecerusen

longevity : poor
sillage : poor

total score : 5/10

(imo)

Nermeen2014
Nermeen2014

this is ana amaaaaaaaaazing perfume, i wanted to buy pink sugar before, thank GOD i haven't bought it, this one smells elegant yet sweet, i adore how it smells on my skin, it makes me feel special :*

koyangi
koyangi

I really love this scent, and I find it smells quite a lot like Vanilla Musk, which was my favorite fragrance in the mid-90s.

amberjsheppard
amberjsheppard

Oh my god i'm in gourmand heaven! It smells like i've just walked in to a patisserie! Exactly what I was hoping for! Best blind buy yet!

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I can see the similarities between Gold Sugar and FCUK Friction. Both stingingly sweet, coconutty, burnt sugar, musk and sandalwood. But whereas I gave Friction away as soon as I possibly could, I actually like this. The opening is a bit unpleasant but within 15 minutes or so it becomes much milder, softer, creamier. 30 minutes and I'm in love with it. On my wish list. This is delicious, and a lot of fun.

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

Not better than pink sugar at all..this smells like lemons. hate i purchased it

KateAnette

I actually like this a lot! It's just the type of scent I wasn't sure if I can pull off. You know, the "too young/ old lady perfume"- issue.

Well, I decided this is totally an old lady perfume :D. You know, that old lady who knows who she is. She knows what she wants and knows how to get what she wants. Who doesn't give a crap about what anyone else thinks, especially considering her perfume choices. And she's smelling delicious while doing her thing ;). On a serious note, even though this is sweet, i think a girl any age can pull this off.

starvega
starvega

I had this on the test list for months and had one of those 'shut up and take my money!' moments when I finally found it for sale and smelled it for myself. Am I allowed to bathe in this stuff?? Not huge on Pink Sugar but this is very different, and veers away from candy sweet into delicious, rich dessert. There is a note in this that I WISH I could identify, and it is just amazing. Love, love, love.

kneissl
kneissl

Just received this today - a blind buy based on comments here - and it is exactly what I hoped for. I was craving a sugary gourmand fragrance for casual wear and this does the trick! I get caramel popcorn with lashings of vanilla and a touch of smoky wood. I do get an hint of orange peel but nothing floral so far and have been wearing for over 2 hours. I do like it a lot, probably won't repurchase but it's rather nice for this time of year.

Update : after 12 hours I can still smell it on my skin; this Sugar really sticks :o)

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

The opening reminds me on fantasy for some reason, love this though I got it today, the Drydown is so nice.

It starts off really creamy, but with a hint of fruitiness (orange) and dries down to a real sweet soft cream which is sweet like cake! love it!

sultaria
sultaria

This is a very sweet warm scent. Definitely for lovers of creamy dessert (gourmand) scents. The silage and longevity is very good. It's unfortunate that this just does not work on my skin. It turns a bit sour or somewhat off, however when I spray this on a paper or just in the air, it is a completely different nice sweet smell. If anyone is interested, I have a full 3.4 oz bottle of this available for swap. It doesn't work on my skin, but may on someone else's. I would certainly recommend testing this out on your skin before buying (I blind bought).

DancingVeggie
DancingVeggie

I like this so much but the mandarin wrecks it for me. Smells metallic on my skin.

jenika
jenika

Each time I put this on, I feel the blood sugar rising. And I also have a tendency to lick my wrist. Is this normal, doc? LOL.
Well yeah, it smells like creme brulee, coconut and cream. If you can't stand sweet perfumes, stay away from Gold Sugar. As for myself... I'll always lick -oh sorry- like this.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

OMG I love this scent! I wanted to try Pink Sugar (the original) and was put off by the overtly sweet smell (caramel I think) and saw this at the last minute. I thought, "meh betting it's no different." WOW. THIS is exactly what I was hoping for in the original.
It is very vanilla, very sexy, very warm, and sensual. This is no "cheap" scent either, it is very nice. I don't have anything like it in my collection either.
I have a hard time with some notes because they never show themselves on me, and tend to go after scents with sandalwood and amber in them to notice the notes more.
This scent is very delicious but not in an annoying way. It makes me feel very cozy and comfortable. It has good staying power, my first time I tried it on it lasted well over 8 hours. Since then it has lasted 6-8 hours or more with the lingering vanilla note and sandalwood.
On me it smells like creamy vanilla with a warm woody note. I can smell the coconut but its subtle. I don't smell the citrus on myself, but I do smell the neroli & musk. There is a very slight floral note in here but I cannot identify it. It is not sweet or cloying & I think anyone could wear this.

SS79
SS79

WOW!! I didn't know what to expect with this. I own the original and also blue sugar.. which I love to mix! Anyways... this is a creamy coconut on my skin.. warm and inviting, nothing like the original at all ... It kinda reminds me of another fume.. but can't put my finger on it... but its yummy and I am glad I have it in my collection.. :-)

maxx_girlz
maxx_girlz

this is very very sweet and warm. i smell coconut, milk and a hint of citrus. great for the winter.

thejasmine13
thejasmine13

I tried this as a blind buy as I found it for really cheap and I love it! It's really yummy, warm and sweet but not sickly. The addition of the mandarin is slightly unusual and I had to get used to it but it does make it a little more sophisticated than just sugary. I don't really get any floral on me.
At first spray it can be sharp so you want to spray a little while before you go out. The longer it sits the better it gets.
I will definitely be buying this again - I get whiffs of it all through the day and it's just delicious!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

This is one of my favorite gourmand fragrances. In addition to the notes listed, it seems to have a buttery popcorn note as well. Gold Sugar is sweet without being overly so. And for the price, it is a steal!

amandaleigh
amandaleigh

As I type this, I have Gold Sugar on my left wrist and Pink Sugar on my right. I'm going to compare and contrast them.

Similarities:
They are both very sweet, yummy smells. They both incorporate vanilla, and they both have great longevity.

Differences:
When I spray on Pink Sugar, there is a sugary smell that's not present in Gold Sugar. Gold Sugar has a more warm coconut-vanilla. Smelling them side by side, they are obviously different. I smell a strong raspberry/maybe strawberry with burnt sugar and vanilla with Pink Sugar. I smell a sweet, light vanilla and coconut scent when I smell Gold Sugar. When I smell Gold Sugar, I imagine cuddling and kissing. When I smell Pink Sugar, I get a playful yet sexy vibe.

I love both, but I think I like Gold Sugar a little bit more.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

I love Aquolina, especially Pink Sugar. Aquolina does an excellent job making very foody, gourmand scents without being juvenile or obviously cheap smelling. they are actually sophisticated and more complex than your average cotton candy body mist that a teen would wear. I know that a lot of adults still feel silly wearing Aquolina, but I really think these can be worn by all women. There's truly a difference when I spray pink sugar and then Delicious Cotton Candy. I get so many compliments on Pink Sugar-ppl raving how it smells of sexy candy cotton. But when I wear GH Delicious Cotton Candy, I actually scare some ppl away lol. Simply because delicious cotton candy truly is juvenile and cheap alcohol smelling cotton candy. If you have the right foody scent, it can work for anyone without being immature or silly. So with that said, once again, I was more than pleased with Aquolina's impressiveness in that respect.

The name truly speaks for itself. It really is Gold Sugar, as its all things sweet and gold colored treats. At first spray, it smelled like pink sugar slightly, with that heavy licorice note, and I also got some citrus. I didn't think much of it until it dried down into such a scrumptious scent. It smells very buttery--very caramelly. Reminded me of kettle popcorn. The buttery scent was most obvious to my nose , with some sweet notes , citrus and musk. Very creamy, some creme brulee, sandalwood, and I do get a very slight hint of neroli. There's a welcoming freshness to Gold Sugar, and that makes it even nicer and more interesting. . Ummm. So yeah lol. All in all, I really, really want to buy this stuff! But first I want to spray it all over rather than just my wrists cause who knows.. The butteryness may end up being too much if sprayed liberally. We shall see I guess.

So I'm going to go ahead and say that I think this is a pretty safe bet for anyone who is a gourmand lover. Even those who don't like gourmand frags, this still may work as its not overly sweet. Its actually more creamy and milky(perhaps its the coconut?) than sweet imo. The citrus and neroli keeps it cool and fresh. So for those of you that need the warm, comfy frags, I'd steer clear of Gold Sugar as its a cool fragrance. I wouldn't call this sexy, but its quite complex and perfect for the office or day wear. It's very unique, a great choice if you want something a little "different." I recommend it. I'm probably gonna pick one up myself;) good job, Aquolina. Now to blind buy chocolovers!

oktober
oktober

I must say, this perfume smells really good. Creamy with a kick.

creme brulee
caramel
mandarine peels (rather warm)
whipped cream, the good stuff made with thick cream
sandalwood (more than I expected)
and a lot of coconut

No bad facet, in any stage of development. Very good, for fans of coconut perfumes this is a must try/have.

I'm getting backups.

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

The first time I smelled this I loved it but it took me a few whiffs to recall the smell. This smells like my lovely and discontinued Coty Vanilla Musk. I loved this smell and it has become increasingly difficult to find. They have that same sparkling burst with vanilla and a creamy dry down. I don't know why but with Gold Sugar I get this burst of baby powder in the dry down. I just remember creamy vanilla with a touch of a sweetened milk like baking with condensed milk and fresh vanilla beans. AGS perfume is great but if I'm going to go "all out" on a perfume I'd rather it be something like Keiko, MDCI, or something niche. I love it, but this is something I would buy only if I can't find another bottle of CVM.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Aquolina Gold Sugar is my favorite of all the feminine Aquolina fragrances! A sugary sweet whipped vanilla with orange licorice and a kick of coconut! This is such a heavenly scent! Tropical and gourmand at the same time, perfect combination!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

It's so funny how a smell can ignite a long forgotten memory. This one reminded me of the first time I had creme brulee, not judging a book by it's cover, and (almost) meeting Ella Fitzgerald.

Long ago, I was on a date with a very handsome young man who had had a crush on me for quite some time. He was not the type of guy I usually dated, but I decided that I should not judge a book by the cover and just go and enjoy myself. Brian took me to a candlelight dinner at a tiny restaurant in Malibu to hear his best friend, David, play the piano. He was the perfect date and it was a magical night. He ordered creme brulee for me for desert because I said I had never had it before.

At the same moment the creme brulee came to the table, David began to play the piano. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I've never tasted anything so good, nor heard any music so beautiful. You know when you are in the presence of true talent when the music seems to make time stop. He played with such passion and intensity. It was pure genius but filled with sadness. I felt each note had meaning. When David finished his set, he came to the table and sat with us. I learned that he had played with Ella Fitzgerald and was taking care of her on her deathbed. He said that each night he played he thought of her and that sadness and genius came through the music. He said that if she hadn't been so sick, he would have loved to introduce us to her later that night because being around young people made her happy and she would have loved the story of how my date and I met. Instead, we sent her some creme brulee to enjoy from us with a little note that said we wished her well and hoped to meet her in the near future.

We never got that chance because she passed soon after. But to this day, I think of her when I have creme brulee; her voice is as rich and smooth as creme brulee and now I always associate the two. Today was the first day I wore this fragrance and this is exactly what this perfume reminded me of. A magical night with a handsome date, beautiful piano music and Miss Ella Fitzgerald and her friend and fellow musician David, the man who loved her to the very end.

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

I am a huge fan of vanilla Orientals and sweet warm scents. So again, because of fragrantica and the reviews ive read, I thought that this scent would be the perfect fall/winter scent. I received it yesterday and I wore it all day....and I LOVE it. This smells so much better than pink sugar...which doesn't seem to have any depth n complexities its just pure sweetness (n a burnt one at that). This is so delicious. If you're a gourmand lover try this. I now want to try sensual,chocolovers,and sparks. I was afraid that all of acquolinas fragrances were like pink sugar (boring). But this has changed my mind and perked my interest.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

IMHO, coconut is one tricky note to get right in the perfume world.
Too much fruit? your smelling like a tropical cocktail. Too much vanilla? your smelling like a coconut cupcake ( great for the younger gourmand lover .) And coconut as a single note? too sharp, dry and flat.

Then along comes Aquolina with this Gold Sugar.... AND HITS IT OUT OF THE BALL PARK!!
Milky, Creamy, citrusy delicious coconut perfection. Warm, gentle, sexy and inviting.
And yes, this is a sweet gourmand scent, but again, IMO, a more womanly and somewhat more complex one.

GS has to much projection to be considered a skin scent, but it melts into the skin so beautifully, becoming on with the wearer, much like a skin scent does.

If I were a man smelling this on a woman? I would fall absolutely head over heals, crazy, madly in love.... Or lust anyway! LOL

Woodelf
Woodelf

When a woman gets to a "certain age," there apparently are things that we are not supposed to do: we aren't supposed to wear our hair long, we shouldn't ride on the back of a motorcycle, we shouldn't have a third glass of wine, we shouldn't wear skirts above our knees, and our fragrances should be more mature, and not so girly and sweet. ... Thankfully, I defy all of these conventions and I sometimes wear Gold Sugar. To me, it is the best of the Aquolina Sugars - not as sweet and overpowering as Pink Sugar, and not as ethereal as Pink Sugar Sensuelle. Gold Sugar is sweet woods, carmelized with cream and coconut. There is nothing too fruity or saccharine here. It is the perfect blend of sweet but sexy. I wear this when I am feeling youthful and perhaps a little rebellious. For a woman of a "certain age." ;)

butterbean
butterbean

Fall comes along -- and I start thinking about a nice sweet scent.

Since everyone and from 12 y/o girls to grannies are wearing Pink Sugar--I wasn't too interested in smelling one of Aquolina's scents. However, I was in Ulta - and I happened to just pick it up and give it a test.

Gold Sugar. YUM! comforting.

First spray opens as a creamy delicious dessert - it is sweet caramelized sugar, creamy vanilla, with a hint of yummy orange and very subtle coconut.
As the scent wears - it becomes more sweet coconut and tropical dessert.

It has more of a creamy caramel sweetness that is somewhat tropical.

I sprayed 2 sprays on each forearm - and it lasted for 8 hrs.

On clothes it lasts for days.

First spray its going to waft quite a bit -- but after a few hrs it's silliage is closer to your body - where you can smell it but not everyone around you.

What I love about this scent - it's not "perfume-y" and you can pull this off more often than other scents.

Go give this a try!

sissu
sissu

Now this is a good one! It took me a while to warm up to Pink Sugar, first time I tried it I hated it, second time I tried it I got a lot of complements from other people asking what smelled so heavenly or who was baking cookies ;)... and that was basically what drew me in, other people's olfactory experience. Often I feel very selfconsious wearing Pink Sugar as I feel I smell like a walking bakery.

Gold sugar however, totally different story. GS is basically what I always wanted PS to be. Love from first sniff. It is not as abrasively cake smelling like PS. Not at all actually. GS is much more subdued, in that it's not as much in your face as PS. It is a heavenly blend of creamy milky notes and creme brule. I smell a tiny bit of coconut but it blends seamlessy and is not prominent at all. I also smell a tiny bit of some sort of fruit, probably the neroli although I don't get much of a citrusy feel here, but this fruit note definitely lifts the perfume and prevents it from becoming too cloying.

Now to the drydown. It is astounding to me how very much GS smells like D&G Pour femme once it has melted into your skin a bit. On my skin it's hard to tell the difference between the two. I find this surprisins as the two don't share that many notes in commmon. I like GS better though as I feel the d&g is a little 'thicker' and more cloying/heavy somehow.

All in all I am super happy with GS. I find it to be the best of the Aqualinas by far, having tried all the other 'sugars'. Not saying that this is a serious or a terribly sophisticated scent in anyway but IMO this is defintely the most grown up and best blended out of all the 'sugars'. Feminine as opposed to girly, I would say.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Caramel sauce, and something sour/rotten that destroys it. Like pineapple or something.
Smells like FCUK Friction.

CHERRY BLOWSOME
CHERRY BLOWSOME

while being in a fragrance shop .. i got it for test on my hand and left :)
at first i said , it is a sugary smell ( means for me a cheap one ) , after i left the shop its base appeared and its so elegant .. not nauseating as expected from sugary scents & very long lasting ( being an Eau de toilette not perfume ) is amazing ..
i gonna buy it tomorrow ISA

louisminaj
louisminaj

I got this in the post today as I loved Pink sugar! I loved the notes to this one, so I was super excited! So, all I can say is that this is an amazing scent! Tr whipped cream is so strong with creme brûlée so it is very creamy and sweet! This reminds me sooooooo much of Meow by Katy perry minus the tangy pear! It is a truly gorgeous scent that I will be wearing a lot!

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Smells exactly as (loreal elvive hair oil extract) which is coconut oil & sweet cream .. actually I love this smell .. it's kind of clean sweat & tropical to me ..

Oh Creme Brulee is so yummy here..

I am surprised no body noticed that this one is similar to ( Beyonce Pulse ) just less orange & more whipped cream ,, and of course this stays longer & has a better quality.

when it's about citrus & sweets = Immediately I am in love ;)

To my wish list, to my favorite shelf ❤❤❤

larita91
larita91

If you like sweet tart-y gourmands, you're gonna love it!
Little bt citrusy at first, then quickly settles, and become more creamy and turns into a heavy vanille flavoured milkshake.
You can definiately smell that it is an Aquolina scent, has that similarities to Pink Sugar and Sparks, basically it's like they have some heavy sweetness of their own, which only Aquolina can process.
Fluffy, creamy, marshmallow scent, creamier and better than PS or Sparks (I think), but still too unoriginal and strong to my nose.

As far as I'm concerned, Aquolina has done nothing, but changing something on PS, and sell it as a new one.

Sillage is a monster on me, little bit uncomfortable in the summer, and longetivity is quite good, about 5-6 hours.

BTW I can see why people say this is a cheaper version of D&G Pour Femme, they really have something in common, but while D&G is more powdery, Gold Sugar is more creamy.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This is very good. Sweet and tangy at the same time. I can find some notes that call me to the other pink sugars but this one has a more tropical feel to it. Reminds me of Friction from Fcuk. It's almost identical. Then about 15 mins later they depart. Gold sugar takes on a more creamy feel. At the end they are nowhere similar as gold smells just like vanilla, cream and some caramel. Very good. Great siliage and last for hours. Sprayed it on at 8 pm and now its 6 am and I can still smell it.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This perfume is addictive! One of my absolute favourites. I can smell the citrus, neroli, creme brûlée and the light florals.

It is deliciously creamy from the get go and has the most amazing vanilla/ sandalwood dry down that I just love! To a gourmand lover, this is a stand out fragrance. Completely different to Pink Sugar. I very rarely wear PS but this, I find myself reaching for it much more often.

It is really sweet - but that's to be expected!

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

I would complain that this scent is far too sweet, oozing carmelly sugar, but I guess I should have used common sense and not purchased (blind buy) based on the notes given. I'm going with "sugar bomb" floral on this one, the citrus and coconut are minor players. I also own and occasionally wear Lavanilla Vanilla Coconut, which is far more straightforward--not trying to be everything at once. Will be gifting this Aquolina to a teenager!

astamm62
astamm62

This a really nice scent,it is sweet but I smell a lot of sandalwood.To me it smells similar to Yves Rocher's Nature Millenaire..Both have a sweet wood smell if that makes any sense.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Lasting power is amazing..although I find the scent just ordinary. .gold sugar remind me of bath and body works.i prefer the original pink sugar .ill pass on this for now

RaggaGirl
RaggaGirl

This is a truly delicious scent, you can tell this is a sugar line.
At first I get a POP of citrus notes with the burnt sugar scent, that evolves pretty quickly into this beautiful cloud of creaminess wrapping me with the sweet gentle touch of crème brulee. As it continues to evolve the nectar of the crème Brulee begins to shine and starts to wrap itself with the coconut creating the beautiful balance with the neroli playing quietly in the background. As this continues to become more suttle and sit the cream starts to peek through with the crème brulee and the coconut they entwine perfectly together. I don't get the muskiness thank goodness this is a keeper for me!

Gold Sugar opens like caramel cotton candy. Once it mellows it's not nearly as sweet as the original.
After about 30 minutes I get mild coconut, some floral notes and mandarin with white musk. The drydown is actually quite musky and clean to me.
Overall I feel like Gold Sugar lacks a point of view. It's somewhat gourmand, but not the gourmand powerhouse the original is. The notes make it appear more interesting than the final product.
Kind of reminds me of Bronze Goddess 2013, but like the "Our Impression Of" version.

lunamystic
lunamystic

Although I do think it is simular to D & G pour femme (2012). I also think they are different enough that I would not be satisfied using one in place of the other.
D & G Pour Femme is a fickle one somedays it's lovely and long lasting other days the opposite. Gold Sugar lasts and lasts on me.

kirtylou
kirtylou

The description of Gold Sugar sounds simply scrumptious. I will always have a soft spot for gourmands, and this one sounded a little different from the usual sugar-candy-patchouli-vanilla-caramel creations one usually sees. I know many do not like coconut, but I personally appreciate coconut notes. I’ve worn this for the past three days; the first time I was surprised by how short-lived the scent was, and how the top notes were sort of plasticky. The second time I was a little overwhelmed by the sticky milkiness of the middle notes. The third day, though, this scent is growing on me. I think the first two times were affected by environmental factors; the first day I was at the beach and covered in sunscreen, which may have messed up the scent, and the second day was the day after my daiquiri-and-sangria-fueled day at the beach, so I was not feeling so hot. The third time I feel good and spent the day at the office, so I’m hoping this third time is the most representative of how I will feel about this scent.

As for the third-day review: I still say this perfume lacks the sillage and longevity that previous Aquolina scents pack. However, depending on who you ask, this might not be such a bad thing seeing as how Pink Sugar and other flankers can be very strong. The top note is still a little harsh and synthetic-smelling, and the middle notes can be a little too rich and creamy for some. I don’t smell coconut so much as I smell heavy whipped cream, crème brulee, and something… buttery. The dry down is very soft and nice and has lasted about 5 hours. The dry-down is a nice vanilla-y crème brulee, but not nearly as rich as the middle notes.

Overall, I recommend this for true gourmand lovers. If you turn your nose up at Flowerbomb, Pink Sugar, La Vie est Belle, and other super-sweet scents, you may not want to blind-buy this one.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Gold Sugar is citrus and sweet while being warm but the dry down is very musky. This scent is nice at first, but becomes overpowering as it's worn. This scent would be much nicer in candle form and reminds me of Demeter's My Melody.

UPDATE: The dry down is awful, it reminds me of cat urine, crayola crayons and scented markers. It also smells like potpourri.

Soie

Mild neroli is in the first whiff of the fragrance and builds a bit before quickly morphing into notes of orange and tangy mandarin. Just after it seems to reach a peak in sharpness from the citrus notes, a sweetness seeps in and increases as buttery, cream and vanillic notes of creme brulee become more noticeable -- all coming together to create a sort of a rich, orange creamsicle effect in the process. As the citrus continues to fade out, though, a note of coconut becomes discernible and combines with the creme brulee; it is here that this fragrance reminds me of Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion due to its coconut & buttery richness, though the VS fragrance is much sweeter.

This is also more vividly floral / less gourmand than is Coconut Passion, as shortly after the buttery notes begin to soften, the floral notes -- a strong reemergence of the neroli, especially -- become very pronounced, and it is also here when sandalwood becomes noticeable. Gold Sugar in this middle phase is less sweet, discernibly powdery and a bit breezy fresh from the distinctive scent of neroli, a note which is also prominently featured in the tweaked / updated version of D&G Femme, a fragrance which is said to be a smell-alike of Gold Sugar.

Many reviewers here don't seem to smell much if any of the floral components, but these notes are very much present to my nose. After the initial creamy orange and then buttery coconut phases, the fragrance pretty much becomes and continues on as a somewhat dry powdery floral before reaching its final drydown of a mildly sweet scent of sandalwood, musk and cream.

(On the original perfume pyramid, the floral note should be listed AFTER creme brulee and coconut, and neroli should be repeated as a note here for the middle phase, as it is noticeable both in the beginning and in the middle phase. Sandalwood should be listed before musk in the ending phase as it is more noticeable than the musk.)

Overall it is more of a milky/cream fragrance than others described as being such and have usually just been loaded down the very tropical aroma of coconuts, but have little or no scent of actual dairy milk / cream.

Apologies for the looong review, but, as I've read many reviews and waited quite a while to buy this fragrance, I wanted to give it a proper assessment for others who might be on the hunt for a truly gourmand milk fragrance. I like Gold Sugar and have happily spritzed it on several times since purchasing it, but it is much too floral to be a true gourmand TMN, and is indeed more of an "Oriental Vanilla" as it has been categorized above.

catsngunsnyarn

Bought it this week. Now I realize why I love it so much - it reminds me of Bath&Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena.

jonr951
jonr951

If you want the new Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme and can't afford it, get Gold Sugar. It's SO much like it, in my opinion. : )

bnporter81
bnporter81

Love, love, love!! I just bought this and I can't stop smelling my wrist. :) Not exactly what you'd call a night-out, sophisticated type of perfume, but a great choice for just hanging out with friends or a night at home with the hubby. :) Definitely one of the yummiest scents I've smelled...next to Alien T.O.F. This is my first Aquolina fragrance and now I'm anxious to try more!

AsymptoticFaery
AsymptoticFaery

Gold Sugar...one of the perfumes I now wear (a limited edition Pink Sugar variation; Pink Sugar is what I wear most often and is signature for me).

I think I've finally pinpointed what Gold Sugar totally reminds me of...

Imagine the sweet, creamy, mildly-fruity, and confectionery-taste of V-Day conversation hearts (aka Sweethearts) converted to an alluring aroma and then turned into a high-quality, distinctive perfume.

Well, that's it...

Worthy of checking out...or wearing out...

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Gold Sugar, you made me love you. I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to do it.

Under Gold Sugar's tacky bottle and presentation, there is a lovely and unusual gourmand scent. The onset features a heady, slightly overwhelming sensation of sweet creaminess. And I don't mean “creamy” metaphorically, either. Gold Sugar captures the lush dairy scent of whipped cream with a gorgeous undercurrent of coconut and toasted sugar. If you find yourself usually disliking coconut because of its association with suntan lotion, give this a shot. It is a completely different approach.

Fun, sexy, unique, and long-lasting. What more could you want?

zabica
zabica

The first spritz of GS gave me a sense of something familiar! And then I got it - it smelled a lot like one of my favs - Armani Code.

Without checking the notes, I immediately knew there were some similarities between the two! Firstly, you get this combination of sweet, bitter and citrus smell, and as the time goes by, the scent is sweeter and creamier, with coconut peaking through. It lasts quite long both on the skin and hair/clothes, and at the end it is the creme brulee you mostly get. Very creamy, sexy, powdery!

So, if you like Armani code, and coconut in perfumes, you will 100% like this one! Very wearable for hot, spring/summer days :)

catsngunsnyarn

Tested this at Ulta last night. Mmmmm. Coconut and vanilla, with a touch of refreshing citrus. Reminds me of summer days in Hawaii with cool breezes and luscious drinks. Definitely on my Want list. I'm a sucker for sweet fragrances (PS, D&G Pour Femme, Kenzo Amour, Sensuous Nude, L de Lolita, Princess, etc...).

rthgdess
rthgdess

I just got this because I LOVE Pink Sugar and thought this would be equally gourmand, but more tropical. Nope. I get mostly neroli and sandalwood coming through on my skin. Occasionally there is a faint whiff of coconut/cream, but they are not center stage for me. Not quite what I wanted, but I did get it for cheap on amazon, so no big deal.

Edit: I discovered that if I spray this and walk into it, rather than spraying directly on my skin, I get more of that coconutty creaminess that others have mentioned. This has really grown on me, though it still doesn't pack the punch that Pink Sugar does.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Oh YUM!!! I love love love this! A new Ulta opened up close by so I decided to stop by and give it a look see. I spotted Gold Sugar and sniffed the bottle, I sprayed it immediately and loved it from the start, it gets even better in the dry down all creamy smooth and lovely. I WILL be investing in a bottle pronto. Pink Sugar will always be my first love, but Gold Sugar is a very close second, can't wait to find and sniff the other two newbie sugars. :0)

c3c
c3c

Soooo first spray made me think of Burberry Brit Gold, with citrus, next impression, hmmmm a bit of bug spray perhaps, then add coconut. Initially I didn't think I liked it, but, guess what? Changed my mind. Just as Brit Gold drew me in, so did Gold Sugar. Can't help it. I think if you like BG you will also enjoy this. I know the bug spray part doesn't sound inviting but there is something that keeps me coming back. Sooooo different from Pink Sugar (which I like), of no relation. Still, much better than Sensual.

raw umber
raw umber

Jelly Belly jelly bean candies feature "recipe ideas" on the backs of their bags, which are very similar to the fragrance layering concept.

The idea goes something like this:
Hot Cinnamon Jelly Belly + Green Apple Jelly Belly=
Apple Pie!

Lemon Jelly Belly + Cream Soda Jelly Belly=
Lemon Meringue Pie!

I think the notes in Gold Sugar by Aquolina have a similar quality, and the outcome is a complete recipe for a tropical vanilla CGI milkshake. Gold Sugar is a great example of the Japanese concept of Kawaii, meaning "adorable in a cool way."

Gold Sugar starts off with diet lemon-lime soda in the opening, and a generic coconut-flavored jelly bean note... not exceptionally creamy yet, but extremely sweet.

Once it opens on my skin, faint and pretty CGI florals appear, as well as a creaminess which is half-way between a bubble bath, and a vanilla ice cream or cream soda-scented body lotion.

Once the diet lime soda fades, the heart reveals a warm almost spicy sweetness on top of the milkiness which really does smell like a loose interpretation of vanilla custard with caramelized sugar on top. Maybe it's vanilla custard realized as a scented lotion or a candle... or, a fragrance.. Miles from the real thing, but pleasant nonetheless.

Gold Sugar projects well and the warm sugary milk scent goes on and on. The diet lime soda in the opening had me suspicious, but once it calms down, it's a creamy vanilla (jelly)bean...

If this really was a jelly bean, I would save it for last along with my other favorite flavors. I bet it would combine really well with the peach...

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

Rough and cloying version of VS Coconut Passion. I'll pass.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Hmmm, I was a little disappointed with this one. I am a huge Aquolina fan, but their latest three creations have left me a bit unsatisfied. Gold Sugar is no different. I was expecting something sweet but perhaps a bit edgy or unique. I find Pink Sugar to be quite unique in the fact that it actually started the whole cotton candy trend, and the licorice and burnt sugar notes put it on a different tier than other generic cotton candy sugar frags out there. Gold Sugar is a nice scent, but it's uninspired and generic. I will say that the longevity is pleasantly surprising (around 10 hours) but I feel I have smelled this before. I actually prefer my FCUK Friction to this, as I find the coconut more prominent and enjoyable. I think the creme brulee note in Gold Sugar is nice, and the coconut is far from suntan lotion, but it just didn't wow me. I found this scent similar to Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion, albeit slightly more powdery. Overall, I am impressed with longevity and sillage and the avoidance of suntan lotion notes, but I do not think I would invest in a bottle unless I found it at a discount store for very cheap.

ShyAmor
ShyAmor

Saw Gold Sugar in Sephora today and I sprayed it on me and I didn't like it I was a little disappointed because "Pink Sugar" is one of my all time favs but I still brought it just to have ;)

Aspendina
Aspendina

not liking this, well the scent is lovely but its a cheap dupe of D&G Pour Femme (2012 version) on me it smells identical but lasts for all of 15 seconds where as my D&G lasts all day and forever on clothes.

HanaSt
HanaSt

I love this so much! At first I was skeptical as it was very very citrusy, almost nausiating. I expected so much more, it felt as if someone made a soup but forgot to add the main ingredients, and all was left was some bitter tasting water. But through time, it only gets creamier and warmer and more vanilla-y. I love it so much, it's such a great scent and is worth the awkward 30 min-1hr of citrus. This is my favorite perfume, it lasts so long and is so sweet! It's very different to the Pink Sugar by Aquolina, which I had been wearing for years.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Delicious milky coconut creme brulee! This smells so good you will want to eat it! You have to really love sweet gourmands to be able to love this perfume. It really does make you smell like a walking dessert! Yummy!!! Oh and GREAT lasting power too!!!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I hope they make this available in the UK. Otherwise I'll be very disappointed. I am a true coconut crackhead :/ and need this urgently in my collection

Arielrose
Arielrose

Gold Sugar stands out with it's warm coconut and cream notes. This is definitely different from the original Pink Sugar, not as candy sweet with added florals, musk, amber and coconut. The common theme is that it has the inviting 'delicious' quality and has instant appeal. Some people will smell the citrus and floral more, for me those notes are more understated and I get mostly the coconut and cream. This is a beautiful coconut, not 'cookie' like or sunscreen-ish, just a nice fresh scent that is warm and soothing. It is long-lasting and will stay with you through the day and night. This is a fine fragrance for day/evening or casual/dressy.

lilyofthepally
lilyofthepally

I am not ashamed to admit that Pink Sugar was all I wore for a couple years of my life. I know it may be looked down upon as too sweet, or too common, by perfumistas but sweet is what I live for! So you can imagine how excited I was when flankers started coming out.

Gold Sugar was not quite what I was expecting it to be. The coconut and cream notes are quite apparent from the get-go, but coconut is the kiss of death for me when it features so prominently in a fragrance. Disappointed, I put the bottle down and perused the rest of the aisle for something else that could satisfy my sweet tooth. It never occurred to me that I should maybe wear it around for a while and see if the coconut backs off at all, because the original Pink Sugar did not "transform" on me - it was the same from beginning to end, so I assumed Gold Sugar would be like that as well.

It is not a bad scent. Even with the coconut, I could still wear this, it just isn't something I could see myself really LOVING.

Time to track down Sparks and Sensual! Perhaps I will have more luck with those.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

This is a must have perfume for 2013. So far the notes I can only smell are the base, and middle notes, I don't smell the top notes yet besides the orange, and I don't smell any floral notes in Gold Sugar either. I think they should have put brown sugar in the notes, it would of been more sugary, like pink sugar. Maybe next time they will. I do smell both of the creams, which I like very much. This does not smell like caramel like some others have said. I've a few perfumes with caramel, and you can tell the difference between the two. This is one of the best winter scents, that have come out in the last few months. The coconut isn't overpowering in this perfume. In some perfume's the coconut can be very overpowering, and I dislike that. I like the notes to all blend in together. Also some others think that this smells like Harajuku Lovers G I can smell a little resemblance, but Gold Sugar is not the same as G.

Malibu
Malibu

The mandarin is a very long lasting note, that gives the fragrance a subtly fresh feel. The coconut and creme brulee are both present though the entirety of GOLD SUGAR too, so the sweetness is more zesty and creamy, rather then outright sugary.

The floral notes aren't strong enough to stand out from the fruits and creamy vanilla notes. There is a powdery undertone to the fragrance, so I'd guess rose and perhaps peony, but at the end of the day I am just guessing.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the constant trickle of soft fruits, cream and vanilla. The main shift in the direction of the fragrance, is that the creamy notes become cleaner as the musk develops. The notes also become a bit more milkier as the fruit notes die down.

Overall: I like GOLD SUGAR a lot more then I thought I would, and it is quite different from Pink Sugar - not just a quick cash-in release for Christmas. I admit that I still do prefer the original Pink Sugar, but I will buy this gain as the authentic-smelling cream notes make a pleasant change from the originals sugary overtones.

I understand the comparisons between this and Harajuku Lovers G, but the final scents have key differences, so smell totally different on me.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I had so been looking forward to trying this. I had the highest of hopes. But to tell you the truth, the musk and neroli were way too strong for me. It was all I could smell at first. I thought I had possibly sprayed the wrong tester! It has a thick perfumey vibe. When the sugary sweetness finally surfaces it is steeped in neroli, musk, and bitter mandarin rind. It's too serious for me. Too much floral. I was hoping for a creamy fluffy confection. It has a nice projection and very decent longevity though.

merlin
merlin

I was searching for the perfect Christmas perfume. Oh well, I think I founded It!...A sweet mouthwatering fragrance. In my skin all I can smell is CARAMEL . I can't stand the other versions of pink sugar( which remind me a blend of FlowerBomb and Fabtasy) but I like this one.
Creamy, cozy, very sweet but not in a nauseating way as the original PS.

No flowers, no fruits ...only gourmand .
ENJOY IT

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I've just received this as a birthday's gift...I'm so happy! It's soooo cozy and creamy on my skin! A perfect blend of coconut and creme brulée, not synthetic nor
sickening at all, with just a touch of citrus in the beginning. It could be a cross between the new Dolce & gabbana Pour femme and Vanille apricot (Comptoir Sud Pacifique). It remains soft and not very long lasting, but I still like it very much!

Whit
Whit

I finally got to smell this at Sephora the other day. It's nice, but it reminds me of something I've smelled before. After sniffing it all day, it hit me-it smells like the new version of Pour Femme by D&G. To my nose, the dry down smells almost identical. I don't know if this will be a purchase for me as it doesn't really seem all that special nor unique. Don't get me wrong, Gold Sugar smells delicious enough and if you are a gourmand lover, this will be up your alley. It just smells too similar to a frag I already own for me to buy it. Sorry Aquolina, maybe next time!

colours

After having this for a few weeks I just wanted to add; this is definitely a fragrance you might have to get used to. I grow to like it more each time I use it.

If you don't like the citrus bite at the beginning of this fragrance, I suggest you try the Gold Sugar body butter, that smells like the vanilla/coconut dry down of the EDT but not quite as harsh.

iLoVeTHe80s87

I just bought this today. I got the gift set with the Pink Sugar perfume and body lotion and shower gel and Gold Sugar perfume. I'm not a huge fan of the fruity top notes. But beneath that is an awesome creamy coconutty caramel smell. Mmmmmmm :) I really like it!

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I am an original PS lover. I ordered this blind.
Now let me say, I am a sweet-gourmand connoisseur. Love 'em to pieces. I care not about names or trying to smell "mature" or trying to avoid smelling "like a teen." If it smells good it smells good.

I must say, this scent was rather disappointing. When I first sprayed it, I smelled that fake, suntan, car freshener coconut scent that I really hoped it didn't have. I let it dry down some and it got softer, but it appeared that this was the way the coconut would stay on my skin. The vanilla came out more and stole the show, and I spotted some tiny citrus in the background.

And here it is two hours later, and it's gone. Eh. If I smelled this on someone, I wouldn't turn my head or think twice about it.

iLoVeTHe80s87

I smelled this at Sephora on a test strip, and all I got was citrus citrus citrus, with a hint of sugary vanilla. I did not like it. But after reading a few reviews here, maybe I have to wait a while to get the delicious creamy coconut scent.

mandashell
mandashell

Just received mine and it is NICE but I'm not sure if it is a keeper...? o.O As the person below me mentioned, it does smell similar to something I've encountered before.

Gold Sugar has a mild lemon cookie aroma with coconut added for good measure...a Macaroon cookie to be exact. I really don't smell any florals and there is only a dash of citrus in the opening notes. Overall it is a smooth, lightly sweetened and vanilla laden coconut scent.

It lasts about 4hrs on me with minimal sillage. I'm not a huge fan of Pink Sugar or the Sensual but this latest version is kinda boring. :( I'll give it a wear or two before a making my final decision but this one may be on it's way back to Sephora. Oh well!

---Well, I decided to keep since it doesn't smell like anything in my little collection and the final dry down is rather long lasting and yummy. That being said, I WOULD NOT have paid full price for it if I hadn't already ordered it. So if you can get it for half the price then I'd say go for it, lol. :D

chem1cal4r0mance
chem1cal4r0mance

I ordered this from Sephora, and just received it like 30 mins ago finally! Okay, so first spritz....i like it, but i KNOW it smells like something I used to have, and it finally just came to me! Seriously, this smells EXACTLY like Harajuku Lovers G by Gwen Stefani. Now...this isn't a bad thing, but I've already had G and was expecting something completely different from Gold Sugar. I really thought it would be more Creme Brulee, but to me it's definitely more coconut than anything. I was so excited because i LOVE Pink Sugar Sensual, and though I'm a girl - I'm also a fan of the Blue Sugar for men as well. So I had high hopes for this, but it's kind of boring. I hate giving negative reviews because they are always such a downer, and it's not like the juice is TERRIBLE, it just wasn't what I was expecting. It's equivalent to looking forward for dessert but what you get instead is a pina colada. You leave the restaurant feeling cheated.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

yum....Grabbed me a bottle..so yummy , vanilla sugar, better than bbw vanilla sugar ..and this is just creamy and good for holiday time...reminds me of baked sugar cookies with coconut cream...not original scent but just done well for the pink sugar line...pink sugar smells burnt on me so this is better.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

What tropic sugar posted +1. Don't think I could have said it any better than that.

I will say that my daughter didn't know I'd gotten this, and when she smelled it she said I smelled really good, and wanted to know what it was immediately.

dannysmom

This scent is delicious. To briefly summarize it, it's like they took pink sugar sensual and mixed it with Laura Mercier creme brulee. I do not get tropical at all. Instead, it's like a warm and creamy dessert.

Starts out with a burst of citrus, sugar, and creme brulee. Like I said above, I can also detect a little pink sugar sensual. I don't get any coconut until the drydown; but even then, it doesn't scream tropical suntan lotion. It's more like a coconut used in baking. The drydown is amazing, with lots of creme brulee, sandalwood and vanilla. It's sugary, creamy, and smells edible.

Longevity is not as good as pink sugar. It's probably about the same as pink sugar sensual on me. About 5 hours. I can still smell it (I'm at the 6 hour mark), but it's pretty faint now. It's so delicious, I would happily reapply though. I'm happy I made this blind purchase.

colours

This definitely doesn't smell like any fragrance I've come across. It is like a warm, creamy, rich, sophisticated older sister to Pink Sugar. The perfect combination of citrus and coconut.

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I just received this today from sephora.It really is a warm gourmand with a white floral tropical feel.It is much more grown up then the other pink sugars.The gourmand notes are subtle and well blended imo.There is a lot of citrus and neroli and orange blossom with the coconut cream giving it a orange dreamsicle like smell but this is not super sweet.There is a similarity to versace crystal noir and armani code with the white floral and woodsy notes.This fragrance is more dressy and maybe a little mysterious as well.I would wear this year round.This would really smell yummy in the summertime as well as in the cooler months.This fragrance is not your normal sugar bomb.This is a warm creamy tropical gourmand without a suntan lotion smell.I really love this fragrance.If you like citrus,orange blossom,neroli and cream this is a citrus dreamsicle in a bottle with a touch of coconut.Beautiful!

Riss1028
Riss1028

I just received Gold sugar today from Sephora. I first can smell a little citrus but then right away the coconut and creme brulee. The floral notes are there but just lingering in the backround. All around a nice scent, nothing special. It almost reminds me of a mix between APS Sensual and Rihanna Reb'l Fleur.

dannysmom

This is available at Sephora in the US right now. I just ordered mine.

Gold Sugar by Aquolina 4.11 out of 5 based on 405 ratings and 124 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aquolina Gold Sugar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Aquolina Gold Sugar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gold Sugar by Aquolina. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gold Sugar by Aquolina represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.