Designers » A » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

milky
coconut
tropical
Gold Sugar Aquolina for women Pictures

Aquolina announces two new fragrances for 2013 from the line made famous by Pink Sugar perfume. These are the fragrances Gold Sugar and Steel Sugar. Gold Sugar is a floral bouquet enhanced by gourmand notes. It opens with citrus and neroli, with the heart of the crème brule and coconut and the base of Australian sandalwood, musk and creamy accord.

Available as Eau de Toilette.

Neroli Orange Mandarin Orange

Lookin` To Rock Rita

Gold Sugar Fragrance Reviews

Soofiya
Soofiya

Received it today and I love it more than my expectations,I can name it a very successful blindbuy
I can get sweet orange and neroli from the first whiff and this sweet orange stays all through the development but even if you hate citruses don't be worried.it's not sour or sharp and appears in a veryyy creamy,milky,warm and sweet base,very delicious
Whipped cream,cream brulee,coconut milk and sandalwood grounds Orange and white florals and produces a very delightful and yummy orange cream.it's bright,warm and lovely and not a watery,faint scent
I also love it's golden bottle
Gold sugar is my third aquolina perfume(pink sugar and chocolover were first and second) and I love all these three.I'd love to try other aquolinas it's shame they're unavailable here
Edit:you should put it upside down in it's box.if you put it right,you can't take it out of box.I did so and had no choice but cut it's box with seasors.and it's bottle can be scratched easily.it's golden color becomes ruined with stains.now I'm very sad because I loved it's bottle and now I feel it has scars :(

Coffee_Girl
Coffee_Girl

This starts off as a chemically induced orange that became a little too cloying for me. I am a fan of the original Pink Sugar and although that one is also synthetic, it was heavily obscured by the caramel and vanilla. Gold Sugar is a victim to what is usually common amongst cheap citrus based fragrances; it smells a little like Lysol.

The effect is not immediately noticeable; in fact I had to really look for it (I’m so picky!). Gold sugar is still a decent fragrance, and for the price this is worth a second glance.

I bought this flanker based on the notes; I mean crème brulee is my favorite dessert so how could I pass? GS smells like delicious cream and egg tart, the coconut sets a tropical tone that feels a little beachy. The main components are pretty simple; it’s basically custard, cream, and coconut with a tart base. It’s linear and can become a little boring.

I don’t dislike Gold Sugar, it’s just generic gourmand. If you’re interested in something basic and nice, I think this fragrance might temporarily fulfill your cravings.

Eau De Rous
Eau De Rous

This man's first impression is that Aquolina Gold Sugar fragrance soon reminds me very much of Coty Vanilla Musk and a little of Dumont Tendre Madeleine, both of which are often criticized as masculine women's fragrances (which is why I own and would wear them).

I find this Aquolina a tad synthetic after the opening's shock of orange citrus' close shop (quicker on skin than paper). That opening isn't surprising: the perfumer lists those specific notes as neroli, orange, and mandarin orange whilst there's orange blossom in the heart too. On paper they have respectable longevity but one way or another eventually those fade and we have a middle that's feminine smoothed vanilla. Vanilla's not listed but that's what I get, surrounded by girly, and a little musky, sweetness, not the other way around. I don't find "whipped cream" per se but, know what?, when I look for it coconut is there but not pronounced, just there sharing space. I do find the middle and base somewhat linear; that bit's well done but may also be a problem.

Starting in the mid the synthetic element is passing, and this continues and coincides into the dry down as the citrus and coconut goes with it and I cannot distinguish them any longer, nor this fragrance much from what I remember more linear Vanilla Musk smelling like. I like, but do not love, the Coty. I think I could learn not to dislike this Gold Sugar. Right now I am confused as to whether it's cheap (I know it's inexpensive -- my 30 ml. was US$12) or well blended with some character (with the "synthetic" experience I'm getting it could actually be both or either) but it will need some real world real wearing and begs a direct comparison with Vanilla Musk I look forward to making (and maybe with Tendre Madeleine as well).

Nataliemarie
Nataliemarie

I LOVE Orange, & def do not get it here. If it is there, it's gone instantly. This is a Creme Brulee Scent. If that's you, buy it. A Skinscent. I think it is a base to be built on. Add Chocolate, Or Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Leather, LIME! But I cannot wear this by itself. It may last long, but there is just not enough actual "Scent" for me. If you are someone that wants a sweet little scent that stays in the background, this may be for you. For me, it's a Lego. I am experimenting...
Natalie N on Youtube~

fcirone1
fcirone1

UPDATE NOV 11 - This has grown on me. I think it was the blast of citrus at the beginning that turned me off, but that soon disappears to reveal the heart of a foody coconut and vanilla. It is sort of similar to Friction and Fancy..but still different enough to purchase! It also reminds me of my beloved MAC MV2 fragrance which was the ultimate foody vanilla - so a good replacement for that one...sort of! Loving this in the fall. Lasting power is ok...have not had any compliments, so not sure how far it projects. I spray it on quite liberally so i think it sits quite close to the skin.

Meh - I had been waiting 2 weeks for this to arrive - needless to say, I was underwhelmed. Initial blast smells artificial almost bubble gummy. That soon fades to expose a vanilla coconut. I expected it to be foodier like...but not so. After another 10 mins it becomes foodier I would say and can smell vanilla with faint coconut sort of like Victoria Secret Vanilla Lace - I thought quite boring.

I don't see similaries to Friction for her...more so to Fancy I would say...but I prefer Fancy.

Will update once I've given it a bit more time to evolve on my skin.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Gourmand sweetness,,but not too! Very tasty,and im not big on coconut,but here its tempered by neroli,cream,citrus and sandalwood. Nice sillage too! Good job Aquolina!

chickincanada
chickincanada

if perfumes are stories, it's a one liner without any punchlines for Gold Sugar. There's no beginning, no middle, but there is a tragic end.

I had high hopes based on the glowing reviews. How lovely to smell delicious creme brulee, my favourite dessert, or even anything remotely real.

On me I get a blast of synthetic plasticky-vanilla that reminds me of how Casmir smells on me. It essentially stays that way without changing and after a couple of hours, it (thankfully) just disappears.

It seems those who love this hates Pink Sugar. So if that's true then I'm on the polar opposite, as I enjoy Pink Sugar in her lovely licorice vibe (at least it smells real) and I can definitely just leave this.

It's not offensive, but very boring and cheap smelling on me. It goes to show how personal perfumes are, from how you think they smell on you to how they make you feel.

maeha.vn
maeha.vn

Have just received it today. IMO, the opening was too strong and loud that could make those with sensitive nose go dizzy for a few mins. It reminded me of Sarsi, a sarsaparilla soft drink popular in Asia which is funny in fact. I couldn't stand it so I washed it away with water to skip over those annoyed first notes. Thankfully, it smoothed down to a sweet lovely cream brulee with a light hint of coconut right after and remain like that for hours.
This one you can blind buy with no worry, and it's kind of fit the budget since the longevity is good and doesn't smell too childish. :)
Edit: One more thing, I don't like the package at all, the bottle was made from glass but the container was a carton tube with two plastic caps on tops. which stayed too close to the bottle. Therefore the first one I received from delivery was broken and I almost wrote a bad review about how sickening the smell was. :(

sindri
sindri

very sweet at the beginning
then it settles down
mid note and drydown are really fascinating
not stupid innocent sugary sweet
that's the best part
great coconut vibe
even though i got a litte scared by the coconut from Versace Crystal Noir
but this coconut is great
great lasting power
at least 6 hours on my skin

Marissaluvsscents
Marissaluvsscents

Blind bought and received it today. Super yummy and doesn't smell cheap. It reminds me of Sensi and Hanae Mori mixed or something! Very rich, and sexy.

who.am.i.you
who.am.i.you

This is such a surprise for me. I ordered this and Black Sugar at the same time online. I made sure to order a smaller bottle of the Gold Sugar because I was so sure I wouldn't enjoy it as much. It's funny how that works out because it seems that I reach for this a lot! The Black Sugar isn't as summer-friendly, so it seems like I wore Gold Sugar more for that reason, but find myself still wearing it often. It layers well with most of the lotions, fragrance mists, and perfumes I often wear. It adds a certain creamy depth to many amber-based perfumes. It is definitely sweet, but in a sunny kind of way versus a cotton candy sweetness, if that makes any sense. It could be the coconut. I wouldn't say this is a coconut-centered perfume however, but more like an accent to the overall dish. Since there's a creme brulee note in it, I suppose it wouldn't be so far-reaching to say that it smells like the kind of coconut that would be found atop the dessert in the form of a coconut whipped cream or something. It's more elegant than a creamsicle kind of smell, but kind of like that. I don't really like that I can't see how much I've used in this bottle. I have to shake it and listen to get a sense.

Eyviab
Eyviab

Such a comforting scent! This is a love for me! The coconut smothered in creme burlee and covered with citrus notes and orange blossoms on top just delicious creamy goodness I'm at a loss for words! Sillage is good and longevity on my skin thankfully is long a good 10hrs+!!! If your looking for a cozy coconut this is it!

Mwalton
Mwalton

I love this. It does start with a burst of orange or citrus, which isnt my thing, but it goes away pretty quick then you smell like decadent coconut cake all day. The longevity on this is amazing. I sprayed it on before going out for the day and pretty much drove my husband nuts all day long. Def rebuying.

assbleeder
assbleeder

I'm not sure what I was expecting with Gold Sugar. Pink Sugar was completely rancid and incinerated cotton candy to me, and I was really put off by it. Aquolina is known for their sweet, sweet perfumes. I was somehow expecting this to be along the same sweetness as, say, Hypnotic Poison.
Gold Sugar is definitely very sweet, and can definitely be cloying. However, this is a VAST improvement from Pink Sugar IMO. The ethyl maltol overdose is cranked down to a more reasonable level, though it is, again, still very sweet. That vague rancid, screechy sour note in Pink Sugar is completely eliminated. While the scent is still very young at heart, Gold Sugar's target audience is definitely wider than PS. Even though all the notes put together seem juvenile, I strangely get classy vibes from Gold Sugar.
After the strong alcohol fumes in the initial spray, it opens with bright citrus fruit and flowers with milk. Honestly, my first thought that came to mind was "orange blossom creamsicle". After that the citrus dissipates, and is replaced by coconut creme brulee--freshly torched, of course. It basically stays like that and it settles down into a milky, vanillic sweet musk.
As with all of Aquolina fragrances, Gold Sugar has great sillage. This stuff smells EDIBLE, 100%, from start to finish. It doesn't smell like "oh, that's perfume!", but more like haute dessert! The bad thing about this is that it makes me hungry, lol. It's completely delicious. I can see how others find this could be masculine, but in my opinion this is more unisex since dessert knows no gender.
I probably won't be wearing this one on a daily basis, but I don't regret purchasing it because it was such a fun fragrance with a cheap price. It does have a synthetic quality to it, but I was never expecting niche-type quality for this price point--we have to be reasonable! I'm going to keep it around during the winter for a pick-me-up.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

What can I say that it hasn't been said before. Absolutely gorgeous scent;sweet & long lasting. Bought it for the creme brulee & coconut notes which mixed with the citrus notes makes a wonderful dessert sophisticated smell. Great addition to any collection.

hippydiva
hippydiva

Masculine?!? To me, this is about as far from masculine as a perfume could get! Delicious vanilla & coconut, with orange coming through a bit also. Pretty strong at first, but mellows out nicely & lasts for a long time! I normally wear this in the fall, because on its own, I fee like it's too strong to wear in the summer heat. I did actually do one spray of this on my stomach, and also a spray of Body Shop's Satsuma, to enhance the citrus notes...I so enjoyed walking around smelling like an Orange Dreamsicle all day :-)

Eats Paste

...I see no way to edit a previous review so let me just add that I DO know how to spell 'sillage'...apparently Siri doesn't. I'll know not to trust HER, the sneaky little hick!

But really, go get some Gold Sugar. Got a large bottle you were gonna throw away? Hit me up. I'm not too proud to leave a diamond in the street; I'll take a castoff! OR...don't throw it away, take it to your local women's shelter (or man's) and donate it.
Lots of people are down on their luck or had to leave a bad situation with no notice...it's always appreciated to have a few scents to choose from so you don't feel like a piece of rubbish no one cares about, or to go out for a job interview, etc.

Thanks Aquolina for Gold Sugar!

Dead sexy on a man!

I own all the 'Pink Sugar' line except Blue Sugar (simply because it's by far the priciest) and Gold Sugar is my favorite...because my man wears it and pulls it off spectacularly.
This IS a unisex fragrance, despite being 'sweet'. It's the sandalwood and musk, I guess; I doubt Pink Sugar would work on him. But the Pink-Sugar-y parts of Gold Sugar are NOT too feminine to work on a guy, even a manly-man.
He is a big guy, ex-football player(some professional), business owner, ex sports TV producer, blah blah, and this is the scent he reaches for more than any other.
It's not just for my benefit either; he takes it when he travels and I stay home. So. He applies in the morning and not again, but it's still recognizably there in the evening, though more creme brûlée-musky than creme brûlée-citrusy. So lasting power is at least ten hours on him. Spillage is moderate; I can smell him in the bathroom from the bedroom for like ten minutes, then from 3-5 feet away for 2-3 hours, and for the rest of the ten hours, it's a scent you smell when you go to shake hands or hug scent, which is fine for me. I'd rather not blast people six cubicles down anyway, but I suppose you MIGHT be able to if you apply differently ( he does two sprays at most, under his shirt, nothing else).

I'm telling you, it's HOT. Scents sold for women are not off limits for confident men. Sean Connery is a fan of Jicky, for Pete's sake, which was also worn by Jackie O. Does he strike anyone as effeminate in the LEAST?? Uh, no.

If you despise gourmand no matter HOW adult it is (like if you even loathe Black Opium and Shalimar, etc because they're too sweet and sugary and girly for you) then I guess give this a pass. ( this is much sweeter than any of those, I'm just saying it's much moodier than Pink Sugar). But if you like a dark, naughty gourmand, or if you WANT to like Pink Sugar but it's just too unrelentingly 'happy' for you, try this.
If you fit the above description and you are looking for something for your man, try this or Steel Sugar (or Blue, I guess, but that goes for a hundred a bottle while you can still easily get this for twenty or less).

Mm.

LLB_addict
LLB_addict

Wow. AMAZING. That is the word to best describe this fragrance. I cannot get enough of it past my nose. I so wished it lived longer on my skin. That is the only. negative to use when describing this juice. Every time I go through my bottles and find that I have 3 bottles of this, I wonder why I have so many. Then I spray it on my wrists........and swoon. Again. This whole line is fantastic and different in their own ways.

CherriedEmpress
CherriedEmpress

Ohhh my gosh! I can't believe how AMAZING this smells! I've had Pink Sugar for maybe 2 years and love it. I don't feel the need to search for any other "straight vanilla" scent. The vanilla role has been taken permanently by Pink Sugar, period! However, I never thought to give any other Aquolina fragrances a chance.

Where has this BEEN all my life?! Gold Sugar totally exceeded my expectations, which were not low to begin with. As soon as I opened the package, I smelled this delicious, milky, sweet coconut radiating. I knew it was a winner before I even sprayed it.

The citrus is a fresh orange. Neroli oil is actually the oil extracted from the bitter orange flower. The two smell similar, but neroli is a little crisper and more astringent. Both citrus notes are blended beautifully with the gourmand notes -- coconut, creme brulee (which offers creamy vanilla), warm sandalwood, light musk. The drydown allows the base notes -- sandalwood and musk -- to take center stage.

The overall effect is like a rich, milky orange + vanilla dessert. It's WARM. It is inviting. Longevity is something to brag about. It's been at least 6 or 7 hours and I can still smell myself. Sillage would not overpower anyone, but it would still make heads turn.

I could see men going into ape mode over Gold Sugar. Actually, I think most people would be thrown into ape mode over this.

It reminds me of Al-Rehab Dalal, but Dalal is boozier and not as warm. You could absolutely layer the two. They share so many similarities and have the exact same "vibe".

The 3.3 oz (100 ml) is easily found for $12 to $14 bucks on eBay. How could you go wrong? It smells many times more expensive.

thehazysea
thehazysea

I'm shocked that I haven't seen any comparisons to the Hanae Mori pink butterfly fragrance! I own both and they smell very similar to me, Gold Sugar is just missing the babydoll strawberry note (thus making it somewhat wearable for me). It's a little too milky/sticky for a summer fragrance imo...I'll be excited to break this out when it starts snowing and see if it fairs better then.

Akarui_hana
Akarui_hana

Well I am not a gourmand fan but I sure enjoy this one. Nothing too complicated or extravagant, but oh so fun to wear! I am wearing it now during the summer, it works wonders.
To me it is a lovely perfume for the beach. The coconut and oranges give it a nice tropical feel while the "creme brulee" or whatever cupcake-y note they added makes it deliciously creamy and smooth.

A holiday scent/ a scent that makes you feel like you are on holiday.
I get medium longevity - about 4-5 h, and nice projection.

I am so glad I blind-bought this crazy little piece of joy!

polkadot27
polkadot27

I bought this because I badly wanted a creme brulee perfume. I mean who wouldn't want to smell of creme brulee? I know of no other perfumes with the note creme brulee, if you do please message me. Anyway I ordered this blindly from the USA because this line of fragrance is not available in the UK. When I first sprayed it I got no creme brulee, I got an awful chemical undone cheap smelling concoction of lime orange lemon and neroli or some similar concoction along those lines. It smelled very cheap, I felt very dissapointed. An hour or two later, I do detect this beautiful creamy sugary scent on my skin where i sprayed. But it is very soft and barely there, but it does smell beautiful warm sugary sweet and comforting, I really like it. But the downside is there is no sillage with this fragrance at all, unless someone has there nose pressed up to your skin there is no way they will smell this scent on you.

I will keep this perfume because the notes are unique, and the drydown although barely detectable is very creamy and yummy. But the opening is awful and so is the silage. Aquolina is a rather cheap fragrance house so I suppose you get what you pay for with these fragrances.

Scent=6/10
Sillage=3/10
Longevity=6/10
Bottle=3/10 I personally hate gold perfume bottles they are so tacky! Lady million is the worst!

GourmandGirl
GourmandGirl

My goodness this is good stuff! I'm a gourmand addict, hence the name, and this fits the bill perfectly! I just want to lick my arm when smelling it!

The creme brulee and coconut...what a heavenly combo! The only slight criticism is that i get a slight Britney Fantasy vibe from this, but I can live with that as it's so nice!

I do think that this could be used in any season as the coconut gives it a tropical vibe for summer, but the creme brulee gives it a warm vibe for winter, so a winner all round. It's quite strong, and I do love my powerhouses, had it on a few hours and still going strong.

I recommend this if you love your sweet gourmands like me, you won't be disappointed!

Adrian_jacobs1984
Adrian_jacobs1984

Okay why is my reviews getting removed? all I said is I quote " I didn't like it at all"? I'm confused is that wrong to put I didn't and i didn't like something? that is why these sites are here aren't they? I wasn't crude or rude about this perfume and I didn't put anything that was hurtful or disrespectful in my review. Very confusing? I will keep Reposting if it keeps getting removed because this isn't a put down review at all it just wasn't my taste. ive seen some really bad reviews on here that are still on here till this day. why remove one that says it just wasn't my style. it was a gift from a friend and i love florals and spicy scents this was gourmand scent so since that's not my style i gave it to my niece she loved it. I was so happy too see the look on her tiny little face when she got it. why would reviews that are saying in a polite manor that someone just doesn't like it or its just not that persons style get removed I understand if its said in a raunchy way REMOVE away I am for that but I am proper and don't write my reviews with a lot of bad cussing and bad slangs I keep it simple and try too get my point across. the good bad and ugly should stay on here so people will know all sides of what ppl write so they can choose if these perfumes are for them or not for them if its all good reviews we will all be deceived into buying them not the way too be on these blog sites. All people have there own right if it is not dogging the scent thats how I believe.

krissykatpawz81
krissykatpawz81

My second attempt to leave my review lol ok....so Gold sugar is like gold sugar sand shining on my legs from the warm sun on my legs,the feeling of warm sand,while my kids play on the beach as i smell orange cremesickle pops,laughing talking applying coconut tannning brule,vanilla mixed in,,as i see sandcastles on the beach smelling goldsugar&sunshine. Looking up at God's creation the sky,giving persons talents of making a happy casual perfume thats warm yet light perfect

j'adoremissdior
j'adoremissdior

Got this in a giveaway and have been wearing it often. It's a love for me! An easy to wear, comfy, sweet summery scent. Gold Sugar, to me, is the perfect hot-weather gourmand. It's definitely sugary, but not sticky in the heat. The coconut and citrus are there to keep it fresh. The main star here is definitely the crime brûlée....it just surrounds you with a fluffy, creamy cloud of custardy comfort. Ah, I love smelling like food :)

***
sillage: moderate
longevity: moderate
(great for the low price point!)

medea_svenspoa
medea_svenspoa

I don't usually like the gourmands or the "sugar" family, but I make an exeption for this one. I like the creme brulee and coconut note with a hint of neroli. Very summery, for all ages and day-to-night time.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

I like it... its got a beachy summer vibe and the drydown is the best part. The citrus can be a little rough but it tames down. It layers well with jovan island gardenia if you want a more floral vibe with it or comptoir sud pacifique vanille coco to add vanilla and punch up the coconut leaning creamy gourmand. Its very versitile.

rockgirl
rockgirl

This one is not for me. I have a 1 oz. sprayed once up for trade for a full size 1 - 1.7 oz. of something else if anyone is interested. Box included. No samples please. I collect larger sizes only

Nikinoo
Nikinoo

Got this in a tester bottle I mean for the price I thought why not, at first spray it was sorta chemicals but then it has dried down to a really nice buttery rich scent. It smells like a high end sun lotion. I really like this scent.

Cel405
Cel405

I purchased this blindly a few weeks ago and I am completely enamored over it! I don't find this masculine in the least. That's not to say that a man would not smell incredible in this. It's a heady, creamy, coconut, with just a breeze of tropical sweetness and citrus. I think the coconut in this is very well done. Sometimes I find that it can come across as very artificial / synthetic smelling, but not this gem. It's rich and gorgeous.

A little goes a long way with this scent and the silage is decent, but not huge. I'm definitely buying more once this bottle is gone.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Chemistry is such a strange thing. This fragrance is about as far from masculine as it gets on me. The top note are a creamy lemon and it reminds me very much of the top notes of Lemon Cloud (Nuvol De Llimona). In fact, I find them a little similar throughout, but Gold Sugar is heavier and sweeter. The drydown on me is a thick, custard like vanilla. Very cosy and foody with little to no citrus at all.

mrs.ralph
mrs.ralph

blind buy. not my thing though. i have a 1oz. bottle if someone wants to trade for more of a citrus sent.

Faela
Faela

MASCULINE MASCULINE MASCULINE

I get a massive blast of harsh citrus notes that smell more like bergamot than anything else. It is not the sweet, pleasant coconutty scent that I was aspiring to have. It's straight up citrus all the way. An extremely masculine guy at work even sprayed it on himself and told me that it smelled extremely unisex and that he liked and accepted it more as a man's cologne - which I agree. Then my guy friend told me that he pictured a guy in a suit wearing this. Not my cup of tea; too masculine for my tastes.

arabbel
arabbel

This starts out like a soft spongy cake, with a hint of coconut and an even softer hint of sweet (not tart or fresh) lemon. Fairly synthetic but still nice smelling.

After a couple minutes it becomes sudsy soapy, and the end result for me is that it smells like taking a bubble bath in the initial smell listed above.

like whoa yeah
like whoa yeah

To me this smells like a fresh bakery filled with lemon poppy seed muffins.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I sure am loving this one. Gold Sugar is a bit reminiscent of 2012 Pour Femme but I think that the two fragrances develop very differently and in the end are very different from each other. Gold Sugar has a fun coconut cake/tropical vibe to it that makes it more "foody", perhaps less versatile, than Pour Femme is. Gold Sugar is more like a gourmand, tropical suntan lotion. It's pineapple upside down cake sprinkled with wet slivers of coconut - delicious. I wore this at a beautiful and breezy outdoor festival the other day and it was perfect for the occasion.

Ferminadaza
Ferminadaza

Meh no.

Purchased a bit ago. Finally pulled out to wear on a 75 degree early spring day. I get the blast of citrus cream but then...where did it go?

My consternation over the disappearing scent caused me to create a bit of perfume anarchy. I layered my Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Welp...never did get the coconut-y yumminess of which every one speaks. No creme brulee either.

Instead, I experienced wonderful wafts of smoky leathery vanilla all day long, so my perfume day wasn't a complete loss. Thanks Monsieur Guerlain.

There was one brief second where I got this delightful orangy creamy milky smoky vanilla that was almost tear inducingly beautiful. Then it was gone.

While I only needed to apply the SDV once in the morning, I carried the bottle of GS with me and spritzed all day.

All.

Day.

Nothing.

I've never been anosmic to anything.

I tried. I really did. I so wanted to love Gold sugar.

Spiritueuse is no cheap juice,and as such I don't tend to throw it around haphazardly--- I think I get an A+ for really trying to make it work with Gold Sugar.

tinadee
tinadee

I love sweet scents, but unfortunately I didn't care for this one at all. It contains a note I dislike. I can't put my finger on it, but I'd say perhaps it's orange meringue or something similar. I also found it to be very musky on me. I didn't smell coconut or creme brulee - just a musky vanilla/orange meringue. I returned it.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

I finally found Aquolina's Gold Sugar to try. I've seen many reviews, many positives but many negatives too. I am so looking forward to try Pink Sugar, the classic one but I have a feeling it will be too girly compared to this one. I could easily add Gold Sugar to my collection. I am a gourmandise perfume lover and I think the whole blend of it it's good. If I could compare it to a more 'mature' perfume, not the notes but the character/style, this would be Estee Lauder-Bronze Goddess. Gold sugar is ideal for summer days, but not the super hot ones. The bottle is heavy, bright and simple. It's so reminds me of a sweet skin's smell after a walk in a greek island under the sun. A pleasant suntan lotion smell. Slightly orangey that fades away and transforms fast to a creamier base. Naturally sweet smelled skin. You could almost smell all the listed notes of it but the general idea is the suntan milky lotion. All in all, a very good price for such a perfume and nice sillage that hugs the skin. If I could describe with words Gold Sugar would be pure confidence and a bit sexy during a happy summer.

jeremyn87
jeremyn87

Gold Sugar starts off with a somewhat boozy and candied citrus. Think of an arancello.
It quickly begins to transition to the creamy coconut heart, and gets a little chaotic. After a few minutes, the creamy coconut begins to set and the fragrance smooths out. You can smell the arancello complementing the coconut. The citrus dissipates after a while, and you have a creamy coconut, decadent vanilla, some bright caramel (this is not a dark, burnt caramel or creme brulee smell), and some faint florals, lasting for quite a few hours.
I eventually get a bit of a sandalwood note towards the end of the fragrance after the coconut starts to disappear. It's not a dry sandalwood, but a slightly spicy and very creamy one. Think of the sandalwood counterpart to the patchouli in Angel Men.
This is, without a doubt, the longest lasting coconut I have ever smelled. The coconut note lasts for at least 6 hours on my skin, if not closer to 8. It's not quite a fresh or tropical note, though. It's more like the coconut cream wafers, or an undiluted pina colada mixer.

This is unisex, leaning towards feminine. A man can pull this off, and I do, but it's not as neutral as Amen, Rochas Man, New Haarlem etc.

Longevity is excellent. I get around 10-12 hours with 3 or 4 sprays.
Projects decently for 5 or 6 hours.
This isn't a beast mode fragrance, which is how Black Sugar is described. But it performs excellently; especially the note which almost never lasts too long (the coconut).

letoilenoire
letoilenoire

Terrible. I was very excited by the creme brulee and whipped cream notes in the scent description, so bought as a blind buy. To me this smells like citrus and coconut. The citrus never calms down on me, so I feel like I smell like a mixed drink, specifically cheap coconut rum with lime in it. I had to wash it off, because it was giving me a headache and lasted forever on my skin. I also get a suntan lotion vibe from it. No bueno.

unsrsly
unsrsly

This is just awful. It was a blind buy and I hated it. The notes looked so nice but it smells just like bug spray. It is nothing like pink sugar. Gives me a headache instantly. Basically is a mixture of bug spray and suntan lotion. So bad.

NightShade6
NightShade6

Expected much more.
It's not terrible, just wasn't what I thought it would be. Smelled like a melted orange creamsicle.
Scent - 4/10
Longevity - 2/10
Projection - 3/10

Sassygirl18
Sassygirl18

This one is just okay. It reminds me a lot of Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath & Body Works. A very simple vanilla fragrance.

hithorys
hithorys

It's what it says on the tin: Crème Brulee, Whipped Cream, and Coconut. It's like a macaroon: toasty, nummy, goodness. Could Florian Bellanger turn his nose up at this one? Perhaps ...but it'd be a stretch. ;-)

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

I remember trying Gold Sugar by Aquolina and really liking it. I put it on my fragrantica wish list and moved on with life. Over time my reasons for liking it became less clear I just knew that once up on a time I wanted it.

Excitedly bought it on sale at TJ Maxx. Took it home and sprayed it on and immediately the first thought I had was “This was a mistake” I’m not into sweet simple foody vanilla which at first spray I thought this was the type of fragrance it was. After wearing it a few times I realized it’s more than that. It’s crème brûlée , which I don’t know if that’s better or worse. On one hand it smells delicious and edible. On the other it has a tangy dairy quality, and whenever I find that in a perfume it turns me off it. I don’t desire to smell like dairy product not even in the slightest even if I am a huge fiend for cheese. There is a touch of coconut, which I think is what drew me to the perfume in the first place. There is also a subtle marshmallow sugary note which I am also not into.

If you’re into simple yummy gourmand, that’s you , that’s your taste try this. Gold Sugar is very creamy and very gourmand. It’s not bad it’s just so not me.

shell_bell
shell_bell

Everyone is stating that this comes across for them as tropical and beachy and something for the summer months - I get just the opposite. On my skin it's cozy and warm and meant for sweater-weather by the fire.

The citruses are almost a turn off at the beginning but they quickly dissolve and allow the delicious creme brulee/sweet whipped cream combination to take over for the duration. The coconut and musk are there but so overtaken by the "pastry notes" so as to be nearly non-existent.

This perfume calls to mind autumn and hay rides, apple-picking or even Christmas time singing carols with your family as you trim the tree. It might work for the summer and I'll certainly give it a try when it rolls back around but right now I'm using this over the winter as it seems, on my skin, to be MADE for that.

I've read it layers nicely with Manifesto or Cavalli Gold and since I have both of those I'll give them a try. On its own this smells NOTHING like Cavalli Gold but I've actually been craving an extra oomph for that skin scent and this should be the perfect marriage. :)

Soozatska
Soozatska

Creamy, creamy, creamy! The citrus notes melt together with the coconut and cream to create a delicious dessert on your skin. It has pretty solid sillage, too, so be prepared to entice those who come anywhere near you ;) I really enjoy combining this with some lighter, floral-ambery scents to make it slightly more sophisticated. Overall, LOVE !

alaub
alaub

This is magical stuff! Took a chance and blind bought this, and I'm so happy I did! Creme Brulee is probably my all time favorite dessert (Tiramisu is a close runner-up), so when I saw this voted as the most prominent note, I knew I had to have it! Upon first spray, I got a blast of coconut and cream. As it starts to die down, the custardy beauty of Creme Brulee comes out, and I basically just want to chew off my own arm. So delicious! Sandalwood and musk also peek out on the dry down, but not so much where it overpowers. This is definately a VERY gourmand scent, so if gourmands are not your thing, steer clear. However, if you're a foodie and want to smell like your favorite dessert, I absolutely recommend this. I prefer it to Pink Sugar (unforutnately that one is a bit too sweet and juvenile for my taste). Purchased on Amazon for an awesome price. Completely worth every penny!

matillyrose
matillyrose

When I first spray this all I get is Pineapple, Rum and Creamy Coconut.........Pina Colada time, oh yeah!

Rising up through the Colada I can smell rich dark caramel, vanilla and a spicy fan of sandalwood wafting slowly backwards and forwards through the sweet air.

This is definitely Pink Sugar's distant cousin who lives on a tropical island where I want to be right now.

The heavy Gold bottle makes this appear to be an even more luxurious fragrance than its price, this would have to be their most gorgeous bottle yet.

I love Aquolina fragrances and this is definitely one of my favourites.

morningviewangel99
morningviewangel99

Love! It's pink sugar mixed with a warm cashmere type scent like BBW Cashmere Glow and a hint of amber like BBW Sensual Amber. Lasted 2-3 hours on me. Would repurchase.

Cakesncuddles
Cakesncuddles

Its a dupe for Just Cavalli Gold for Her Roberto Cavalli at half a price. Sweet, elegant, misterious fragrance. Very nice longevity as well.

Kohla1
Kohla1

I love this stuff! It makes me feel calm and relaxed, I find myself wearing this when I am sad or tense. If anyone has a 3.4 oz cap and doesnt need it I will pay shipping for it (usa)

Mrs.Chance
Mrs.Chance

it smells exactly like Roberto cavalli just cavalli gold for her..nothing special for me

ChloeBaldino
ChloeBaldino

I just got a brand new bottle in the mail yesterday. This perfume is not what I expected. It's not sugary sweet, it's like creamy sweet. Something about it smells really familiar but I can't pin point what it is. Upon first spray it kind of smells like a creamsicle but the citrus notes aren't that strong. This fragrance is very milky/powdery. It actually smells quite floral on me, and something about it reminds me of the texture of sand. I know that's very odd and I'm not sure how to explain it. I do like it though, I've never smelled a perfume like this before. Sillage and longevity actually seem quite decent. This won't be my signature but how unique it is makes me wish it suited me more. I like super sweet/sugary caramel and vanilla gourmand scents but I can appreciate a non-syrupy gourmand, AKA Gold Sugar. Someone made a comparison to vanilla cake with spices in the previous reviews and I can understand why they would say that. This is a soft, pretty, inoffensive gourmand fragrance that I would find suitable for all ages. It's definitely more mature than Pink Sugar but the dry down (6 hours later) does have a lot of PS peek through. I think I'd give this one 6 or 7/10. More sugar and citrus notes would make it smell like a yummy creamsicle the whole way through and then I'd be stoked on it.

Megamind
Megamind

15th of August 2015: It's not a complicated or refined scent but quite pleasant and wearable.
I do prefer much better the middle notes and dry down. The opening is rather hash and synthetic but after about 30 minutes becomes incredibly milky and pleasant. Creme brûlée with the ice cream note is so gourmand but without being sticky sweet. It's creamy slightly sour and caramelised. This caramelised cloud gives an impression of a cinema atmosphere with you looking your preferred film on a big screen and eating a crusty caramelised pop corn.
It's a kind of scent to avoid wearing during diets. If not a failure is guaranteed as you would obviously want to eat something sweet, caloric brief something not good for your body shape ;)
Comforting scent and I imagine will be very good for layering with other perfumes.
3d March 2016: I'm pleased to say that it is a complementary fragrance. When I wear it often people around me say that I smell good. The longivity is impressive as well with more then 12h. I layer it with some cold fragrances but in the end of the day gold sugar is the only fragrance remaining with the same strength as in the beginning. This fragrance puts me in a good mood. I like it a lot.

Basteth
Basteth

This was actually a blind buy even though I'm not a gourmand-lover. How ever, Pink Sugar is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine and reading about this I thought I might like it to. I have a nostalgic realationship with Aquolina having bought it on one of my first vacations with my husband and that plays in a lot with Pink Sugar. This however! My god! Straight out of the bottle I get a vanilla explosion and almost directly after I am hit by creme brulé and a hint of coconut. I love it. It is so creamy and works very well on a hot summer evening. I don't get much citrus but a bit of neroli. As it dries down it settles as a lovely creamy body scent with a bit of vanilla.

I think this will be PERFECT for layering. I have a fondness for spicy male frags, but I sometimes think some of them smell a bit to masculine. Layer with this and that will be a sorrow of the past. Must try as soon as possible.

Update: tried it with Burberry London for Men and it was a total flop. It actually smells sour.. Oh, well. A lovely frag in its own.

fyrewoman
fyrewoman

When sampling this without reading these notes,i guessed this was a creamy vanilla,caramel & coconut mixed with amber with a hint of neroli fragrance. According to Fragrantica i had the coconut,cream and neroli correct. I'm suprised that neroli was voted 2nd to least existing accord. Orange blossom wasn't even voted in and i can smell why. I do not detect any orange which is great because i'm often not fond of orange in most frags. Now that i see this is a creme brule scent it makes total sense. I don't see any amber here but i think a simple amber would layer nicely for the evening although this does project well on it's own.

I am not a fan of Pink Sugar but found this to be pleasant enough to purchase a 100 ml bottle. I've had this gourmand since spring and have been saving it for winter. Today it was a nice change up in 80° fahrenheit weather.

If you are a fan of caramel and amber or gourmands in general,like me,i would recomend taking the time to sample Gold Sugar. Slightly more than moderate projection that lasts 6 hours before turning into a skin scent. This is very layerable too.

Pimpernell
Pimpernell

My guilty pleasure, so sweet and comforting. I layer it with YSL Manifesto for the night out. Perfect match.

Marieline23
Marieline23

Very sweet, to sweet for summer. For me it smell like Dolce Gabbana pour femme intense but sweeter. I can smell the crème brulée and the milk but not the orange. Neroli is present just as dolce gabbana pour femme intense.

Hema277

Impulse buy again. At first I hated the powdery mess that it smelled like. But as the temperature drops, this shines like gold in dim light. Absolutely warming and the coconut gives a cosy tropical feeling. Sure, we are on a tropical vacation, but we are all safe, happy and making sweet memories.. recommended for citrusy orange and milk sweet lover.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Another great Aquolina Scent .Initialy upon trying this i did not care to much for it . to much coconut i thought Im not a tropical cconut kind of girl so i dismissed it as a nope dont like this one . But somthing made me go back for it on a sunny day , Wanted somthing to take me to the beach and the hot sunny side ( Th summer in Norway hasent been the best ..) And bam it hits me with its magical beauty ;) It still has that slight touch of Pink sugar recognision that i love in all Aquolinas .
then i thought if add a bit of flowers to this one it might be a bit better aswell so I added a plash of elie Saab Edt and wow . What a Charming summer night it became . he beautiful notes lingers so well togehter . Try it out and see for yourself :)
I shure will enjoy this gold version in summertime , Dreaming away to a warmer climat .

It does not last as long on my skin as Pink sugar , but still very worth it .

lulu169

reminds me Cavalli Gold plus Coconut. heaven.

lulu169

what the hell...! first spritz and Im totaly in love..blind buyed today and even though my expectations were very high, those were even exceeded!

redrose121
redrose121

I was rather disappointed with this fragrance, I wanted the coconut to be more visible. It does not last long on me, maybe 2 hours top. It smells like vanilla cake with a hint of spice on me, which is okay.

electricmind
electricmind

I'm not a gourmand person. I prefer spicy florals. I was looking for an easy wear summer fragrance and this definitely fits that requirement.

It's very sugary sweet. I do wish that the citrus lasted longer because it creates a lovely creamsicle fragrance. But the dry down is truly a whipped cream/creme bruleee.

The coconut and creme brulee all blend together for me. Sandalwood is subtle, almost non existent. I give is a 7 out of 10. I don't love it love it, but I do like it.

ETA: This has grown on me. I do quite like it. Still not a love, but it's perfect for summer.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Very creamy and light..this seems like a nice all year around non offensive fragrance that stays close to your skin. Probably good for wearing in crowds or when you will with be in confined spaces. Yummy, creamy, light..simple. Also can be found very inexpensive these days.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Another successful blind buy! On my skin Gold sugar opens with coconut and citruses. After 10 mins it smells like creme brulee and brown sugar. I like it quite a lot, it's not a complex fragrance, but it's something very easy to wear. I wore it today and it was very hot outside, so the scent wasn't overpowering. Very girly and uplifting perfume.

myhoneyhoney
myhoneyhoney

this is a good replacement for my beloved and sadly discontinued L de Lolita Limpicka. It's not as spicy as L but the rest is very similar. The actual full scent lasts about 3 hours on me then fades to a nice comforting vanilla that I can still smell 6-8 hours later. This is a perfect hot summer night scent but I think it would work well with cold fall/winter nights too because of the warm vanilla.

Sharipie
Sharipie

I just ordered this online and received it today. I love Pink Sugar so I was looking forward to trying this. I do like it but it's not my favorite. I kept spraying it and thinking I've smelled this before but couldn't put my finger on it. Until now. It smells almost identical to Dolce and Gabbana Pour Femme. I sprayed gold sugar on one wrist and pour femme on the other and could barely tell the two apart. Gold Sugar may be a bit fruitier. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, just not up there with pink sugar. Gold sugar smells like a mixture of creamy,fruty and sugary. But more like a brown sugar instead of cotton candy. If you like pour femme, try this one. It's much cheaper and stays on pretty long. 5+ hours on clothes.

Edit: OK... this is turning out to be one of my favorites. I can't stop spraying myself! (I'm at home so I'm not gagging anyone) Its so much better than pour femme IMO. It is just so versatile and comforting. Great blind buy!!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

This is a true gold miami glam perfume, hot summer nights, tropical coconut drinks, the sweet floral scentet breeze, deep bronze shimmering suntan, tons of fruit flavoured lipgloss and gold cheek shine. With this perfume i feel like the sexy glamourous partyqueen of the night in tropical clima. Its an elegant lady, not a teen, and a bit loud too, but also creamy and tenderly powdery on skin. Like it a lot but its not a perfume to reach very often for it at home. In my summer holidays it s my best friend for nights out. ;0)

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Aquolina Gold Sugar is a fluffy, cream-topped, tropical, vanilla beauty of a gourmand fragrance. I like this much more than Pink Sugar. Gold Sugar's hints of musk and citrus give it some dimension and allure.

Gold Sugar reminds me a little of Roberto Cavalli's Just Cavalli Gold for her (sans the leather and hazelnut notes). Although, Cavalli calls its sweet note marshmallow.

I chose this over Sparks. I'm glad I did. Good longevity and sillage so far.

Loving this today.

SparkleSprinkler
SparkleSprinkler

Smells powder, white floral, and musk. It is nothing at all like I expected. I do not like it.

Joyce3
Joyce3

I bought this as a blind buy based on the reviews on Fragrantica. I am not disappointed!

I am a gourmand lover and I knew this perfume was exactly what I wanted when my boyfriend asked me why I smelled like cookies and cream :)

The initial spray is a bit weird and synthetic but this changes within a few minutes to an edible, creamy, brown sugar smell(presumably the creme brulee). It is also a bit spicy like cinnamon(?) though it is not listed as a note.

This is definitely more wearable than Pink Sugar (ie. less sweet) and IMHO smells way better. If Pink Sugar didn't quite agree with you, give Gold Sugar a shot.

Autumnal
Autumnal

Another disappointing blind buy, but not that disappointing as it's only a fragrance....right?

This has to be one of the most synthetic perfumes I have ever smelt. I do not get any creaminess or coconut (coconut being one of my favourite fragrances). It smells like sweet lemon, vanilla and baby powder. Not tropical in the least and certainly not similar, or anything like "bronze Goddess"or "Elle l'aimie" .
Maybe I have over sprayed, but I couldn't imagine wearing this in summer....far too heavy and sweet.....

damightyheru
damightyheru

So...Im a masculine guy and I know this scent is marketed to women but I also know when it comes to TRUE Gourmands its a free for ALL in our brave new world. This amazingly creamy edible frag is just further proof of that fact. Fellas...This is what is what Rochas Man should've been and If you are a fan of MJ legend this easily tops that too...Its one of the top 3 best Gourmand DESIGNER scents I've ever smelled and there is no doubt that this is a unisex scent. IM BLOWN AWAY...The majority of notes are also edible and the note most associated with women's perfumes in this frag, the Floral notes, are pushed waaaaaaaay in the back to an almost unnoticeable place. Trust me you won't think flowers after smelling this. Food isn't masculine or feminine, its food. If you can, do smell this scent. I like many of you was deciding on blind buying it and Im more than grateful I did.

Women are accustomed to very powerful, long lasting, performance monsters. So to them this scent wouldn't compare to other more dominating options she owns. But from a man's perspective this scent is almost A BEAST. It lasts on my skin 6-8 hours but projects for about 3-4 hours which for me is ideal. It leaves a scent cloud and many will notice you with this scent on. If it gets on your clothes you will catch wafts of it 12 hours later. It's also very versatile. It can be worn year round in weather not above 80 degrees. Feel free to apply this on cool summer nights. I can easily see men wearing this on a night out and for casual occasions with their significant other.

I can also see this being a scent men could layer also. Im curious what a little of this would smell like with a strong LEATHER scent like Tuscan Leather or La Yuqawam.

This is a definitely a hidden gem for men and outside the Fragrance community most women. If you've noticed, I haven't really discussed its price because in my opinion PRICE has nothing to do with smell...Great smelling designer scents like this out perform far more pricey scents in every way. If Bond sold this, people would pay $150+ for it for sure...So, If you like sweet fragrances and you're into Gourmands, this may be your best blind buy in ages.

7.5/10

YouTube Channel- Simply Put Scents

Helloxexkitty
Helloxexkitty

Anyone else find this extremely summery? Reminds me of sand, suntan lotion, etc. Not sure what creme brule smells like, but others think this smells like vanilla on me. It's very strong and synthetic. Hard to pin point exactly what's in it. If there is coconut in this, it is mixed with the suntan lotion note because I don't smell any nutty notes in this fragrance at all. I do like it though :)

emilianna
emilianna

I 'm in love with this perfume! I 've just receive it, I ordered it right from the comments on the site fragrantica ! I was afraid that this perfume does not like me as much as I love Pink Sugar too! But in fact they are quite different ! Besides I love citrus, and we recover the smell of orange. The fragrance on the skin takes a crazy amount ! It continues to grow. I think Aqualina will become one of my favorite brands !

dielle.desouza
dielle.desouza

This fragrance lasts and lasts and lasts! I can still smell faint traces of it after my jumper has come out of the wash. In saying that it's a lovely rich gourmand. I have a weakness for creme brûlée so this was perfect to get my sugar fix throughout the day. Spray with a light hand. A little goes a very long way. I love this brand - they create wearable desert fragrances which are actually quite sophisticated and of a high quality. This is my winter work fragrance. Too much vanilla for summer. Love!

LaviniaMidnight
LaviniaMidnight

I adore this scent. It was a blind buy, a 3.4 tester for the bargain price of 13.79, so I pulled the trigger. My chemistry and this lovely mouthwatering scent work very well together and the sillage lasts quite a long time, surprisingly for a fragrance so inexpensive. I love the coconut/vanilla/creme brulee scent, it does remind me of scent of a good suntan lotion...but in a positive way. For it being so sweet, it isn't cloying to me. I'll probably always have a bottle on hand of this inexpensive but sweet little gem.

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

I totally agree with the reviewers that say it smells like L de Lolita Lempicka, only without the "spiciness". L de Lolita is more cozy and wintery whereas Gold Sugar is like the summer version. I get a lot of the orange and creme brûlée, maybe a hint of coconut. This is pretty and wearable but unfortunately doesn't last too long on my skin. After about 3 hours its all but gone.

ClippyluvsMU
ClippyluvsMU

Golly, I abhor sweet perfumes. I cringe at the thought of smelling like food, solely. So I intensely dislike Pink Sugar.
This is not PS. It is her older sister, grown up with a career. This is wonderful, sweet but with something that just makes someone want to keep smelling, but not eat. What is equally as striking, is that this is an edt. It lasts all day; shocking as my skin consumes fragrances.
Makes one wonder about certain other companies.
This will be in my collection, proudly alongside Gucci, Blv, etc, as a go-to scent. I enjoy it immensely.

PinkgemQ
PinkgemQ

I am in heaven! I have been sniffing my wrist all morning...I am so picky about scents, but this one has stolen a piece of my heart. I have been trying to pick out the notes before reading the description and I am getting better at recognizing undertones. I was really shocked to see coconut in the list because I am totally not into it. I must say this fragrance is so perfectly blended. It has a very luxurious smell that can be worn any time of day in any season. Definitely a permanent addition to the collection.

bibibling
bibibling

This is lovely! Being a huge fan of Pink Sugar and Chocolovers, I wanted to give this one a try especially because I have a thing for whipped cream scent. By sheer coincidence, I ordered a sample of this at the same time that I ordered a full size bottle of Britney Spears In Control Curious, which is also very creme brulee heavy. The two scents aren't identical of course but they're definitly from the same circle. Gold Sugar is a lot more creamy and gourmand. It's super-edible whereas In Control is more on the perfumey side. if you like one, definitely give the other a try.

A full sized bottle of this is definitely in my future! if you're looking for an amazingly mouth watering whipped cream or creme brulee scent, you can stop looking now. Here it is!

Snicole82
Snicole82

This is heavy on the creme brulee. The ccoconut gives it a tropical vibe. Not as loud and sweet as pink sugar.Not a love, but I do like it :)

Fragrance_Lily
Fragrance_Lily

This perfume smells just like "L de Lolita Lempicka" but it has that coconut-creme brulee sweetness that the other one is missing. If you like your perfumes to be spicier and last longer, then go with Lolita. If you like it to be sweeter and creamier then go with "Gold Sugar."

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

A creamy floral and creme brulee scent which is considerably less powerful and potent than either Pink Sugar or Black Sugar. To me, a great gift idea, as this is almost universally pleasing. I know very few people who would automatically hate Gold Sugar's charming personae. ;)

If you love gourmands or Aquolina's Pink Sugar line, I think it would be very hard to go wrong with Gold Sugar. She is lacking the burnt sugar note that many people find offensive in the opening notes of the original P.S. ( which ironically is the only thing I miss ) and has in it's place an equally addictive, creamy aura!

Highly recommended. <3

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

On its own, this is too sugary for me, but I like to layer it with some drier oils or soliflores when I want some sweetness. My skin really amps up a buttery note in Gold Sugar which is really satisfying and adds a salty fullness to the other fragrances I combine this with.

I bought this for a song at TJMaxx and only did so because I read of a few comparisons to YSL Cinema. In my opinion, the two fragrances can't be compared - there are too many differences to analyze here. I'm glad I purchased Gold Sugar all in all, but only for layering purposes.

Hema277

Bought this blind because it was cheap as I wanted to jump into the Sugary bandwagon. At first i hated the smell but soon the sandalwood makes it all better for me. Really exotic smelling with subtle coconut vanilic sandalwood, soothing. Comfortable. With creamy sweeter citrus orange in the background. Its not a dressed-up/formal kind of fragrance for me. Its the perfume I wear when I am going to the living room to cuddle my football watching boyfriend to distract him from the TV. Highly suitable for the chillier weather.

mvd99
mvd99

I think Pink Sugar is much too sweet but Gold Sugar is just amazing. It opens with light citrus but dries down to creamy and coconutty [sp] but with just enough wood so a grown woman can wear it and not feel ridiculous. Just beatiful and what a steal, I found a 3.3 ounce bottle for $12.

swampgirlie
swampgirlie

Aquolina is Amazing.Surprisingly Pink Sugar has become my signature scent.I layer often. Once hooked by Aquolina (sensual earned her spot in my heart as well) I ventured out for yet another blind buy. Coconut has always been a favorite for me so the notes in Gold Sugar were right up my alley.This is the 3rd time Aquolina has blown me away.Gold Sugar is a Coconut lovers dream.Sweet,citrus and creamy.I find myself reaching for this often. I have many favorites in my collection and this is the fragrance that receives the most compliments. I highly recommend Gold Sugar to all the coconut gourmand lovers out there.(on my skin this is an excellent and affordable dupe for lolita lempicka elle liame)
#liquidgold
#aquolinaaddict

francie79
francie79

I bought this over the summer for it sounded like a perfect summer scent but I believe it's perfect for any season. On me it smells like coconut creme pie with lots of whipped topping...so warm and cozy. Gold Sugar has amazing longevity but a little less sillage than pink sugar which I don't think is a bad thing esp. in the summer. I was able to get a tester bottle for about 15 bucks on ebay which a real steal and I will always have this in my collection. If you love foody scents don't pass this up! It's one of the best imo.

caylarhene
caylarhene

I really love this perfume. I think its my favorite sugar perfume. I love the citrus to it. This is the type f perfume you wear if you want your own scent. The sillage is awesome and the longevity is good. Above average. But I wouldn't over spray this is could give you a headache.
I give this overall an 8/10 perfect for the fall and cold weather. The coconut is so lovely. Milky creamy tone, in a way it does remind me of rihannas first but this is a lot smoother.

Update: I think this could easily be a signature. It's one of those perfumes that you can't help but to sniff yourself :):) such a cheap perfume but great quality. Smells so much more expensive than the price it really is. A perfume I will always have to keep.

dsty
dsty

I like Gold Sugar, but my experience is the same as with Pink Sugar: I only like the heart of the fragrance. The opening is synthetic and rather sharp; must be the citrus notes acting up in a harsh way because of the contrast with the sweeter notes.
Underneath the rather unpleasant top though, there's a lovely crème brûlée hiding. It's there from the beginning; if you don't smell too closely it sometimes comes wafting up even in the very first phase. Then after about half an hour the sharpness of the top recedes completely and you're left in dessert heaven for real. I don't get much coconut, just milky, creamy sweetness and I'd swear there's some vanilla involved as well. Not very sophisticated or mature, I wouldn't wear it to go out, but it is lovely for those moments when you need some uncomplicated sweetness in your life.

Longevity isn't great; after an hour or two the scent settles in close to the skin and becomes rather weak and unconvincing even when sniffed more closely. But it's nice while it lasts, it's cheap, and I also like the bottle's can-of-hairspray kind of look (even though I don't think I'll get one any time soon; I expect my big sample will do me nicely for the foreseeable future).

Dara813
Dara813

I haven't been able to find a Sugar that I love...until now. This is pure gourmand heaven and I'm usually not a gourmand or a Sugar gal. There's just something about this one that is so good though, so comforting, and I'm really loving the way the creme brulee mixes with the citrus and coconut notes. I have a weakness for sweet citrus scents and I am always on the hunt for scents containing coconut. The sweetness in so many of my citrus scents comes from patchouli but this is a nice departure; a whole different kind of sweetness but I think anyone who enjoys sugary or sweet citrus scents will enjoy this. I don't find it immature, or syrupy sweet, or cloying. It is absolutely perfect. I'm so glad I finally found my Sugar!

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just got the 3.4 oz. as a blind buy. On first spray, I was sort of disappointed. I wore it to bed last night though, and when I got cuddled in, and my body temperature rose, this perfume really developed. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd just done the usual wrist spray and sniff. This is one that seems to get better the longer you wear it. It's not bad upon first spray, it's just that it doesn't seem special upon first spray. It does have a milky quality, but I struggle to smell any coconut, which I'd have liked. All in all, I'm not sure I smell any of the listed notes other than milky, and sweet. I'll see how much I reach for this one. It just might end up gathering dust, but if not, I'll update.

Update: This is even better than I'd originally thought. It's one of those perfumes that as your body temperature heats up, this really projects and gets noticed. It seems to have great lasting power on me too, which is rare. This is my second from this sugar line, and I'm impressed.

stacey_nay
stacey_nay

Okay, yum. The gourmandiest of gourmands - even more so than Pink Sugar, which I have as well (Gold Sugar is not as sweet at Pink Sugar).

Sometimes I enjoy things that are a little bit too too. There's something to be said for just going right over the top, you know?

On my skin, I get a big serving of lemon-infused creme brûlée with a gloriously hard burnt sugar top for me to crack through with my spoon, topped with coconut-infused whipped cream. After a while, Gold Sugar settles down into a sweet, milky scent that lasts for eons. Sillage is fairly substantial.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I like Gold Sugar much better than Pink Sugar Sensual (I dislike the original Pink Sugar intensely). I like a lot of the notes of Gold Sugar. When I first spray it, there's a burst of orange and citrus mixed with coconut. Then it immediately turns sweet with creme brulee notes. When it dries down, there's a musky scent mixed with a weird milk scent.

The reason I like this better than Pink Sugar Sensual is that Sensual begins with this weird milk scent and ends with it as well.

It's just odd, and my nose does not like it. I've had no compliants... but I haven't had any compliments either.

lirael00
lirael00

One of my all time favourites. It's perfect for a cold weather as it radiates extreme warmness. It's not a complicate fragrance, but sometimes we don't want complications, we want simple things that smell amazing. And Gold Sugar is just that! For me it smells like milky toffee with a hint of coconut. The lasting power and projection are awesome too. Most importantly, people around you will like that smell, so expect a lots of compliments when you're wearing Gold Sugar. Delicious!

LULUBELLEFISHER

Longevity : 7/10
Sillage : 7/10
Scent : 7/10

scarlettcupcake

I don't smell the coconut/creme brulee until the dry down and that's what I like. At first spray, it is very powdery/floral/synthetic. It gags me. I spray it on my clothes that I'm going to wear an hour or so before to get that warm scent I like so much.

aspirina
aspirina

Extremely synthetic perfume, not that bad actually, I smell a very nice combination of the caramel and neroli but the musk here is too strong and clashes. In the drydown I perceive a clone of Burberry Brit.

saintleegray
saintleegray

I just recently got this and I'm still undecided if its a like or a love. It's fairly inexpensive so if it doesn't last all day that's ok. It's not too sharp, very soft and creamy but nothing really stands out, and it's not really great for layering because it disappears under every other scent. I do find myself reaching for it though, it stays somewhat close to the skin and is unoffensive.

beatrix75
beatrix75

Omg love this stuf. Its soo sweet creamy milky coconut delicious 10/10

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Maybe I'm so disappointed because I just assumed I would love this fragrance based on the notes, I had even picked out a representative fairy for it (because some of us do that).

But this is sickeningly sweet on me. Sickening. I exaggerate you not. Were I to wear this in public I would part crowds like Moses parted the Red Sea. And I would trail globs of sticky sweet coconut in my wake.

I envy those of you whom the Aquolina Fates smile upon. I get no citrus. No sandalwood. No neroli. Just a fantasy island coconut so artificially sweet even Princess Lolly couldn't have conceived of it. (That was a Candyland reference, for you youngins.)

I've tried it three times over a period of months and the verdict's in. Gold Sugar is out.

velvetrose23
velvetrose23

Gold sugar has an orange, creamy, fizzy quality. The florals and cream brûlée and coconut keep this fragrance from smelling too juvenile,or synthetic to my nose. And no, the coconut does not have that suntan lotion smell. This fragrance reminds me of an old fashioned orange cream soda,not that orange,"Crush" soda pop smell! But something very creamy,orange and then some florals are thrown in with sandalwood to keep it from having that,"pop" smell. I have only worn this fragrance in the summer,but am looking forward to trying it in the winter. I am curious to find out if the smell changes in the winter. I will be sure to update.

nelise29
nelise29

So, I've had up and down feelings about this perfume. I first spritzed it in ulta and I really liked it and should have bought it then when it was on sale. Bought it a few weeks ltr online because I could not stop thinking about it. When it arrived I was so excited. Went to spray it and was so disappointed. It smelled strong with a sharp chemical note! I thought maybe it was a dupe or something. I set it aside for a few days. Then went back and sprayed it again on my wrist. Still strong at first, but noticed as it began to drydown that it was delicious. The same scent I remembered in ulta. The drydown is sweet and creamy. But not too sweet. And a few spritzes go a long way on me. I layer it with tattoo by Michel Guerrain and it smells divine. So, give it a chance to drydown for about 10 min before you make your final judgement. :-)

Vastalux
Vastalux

On my skin, I can detected smell of mango, coconut and vanilla. After a few hours it settle down to nice smell. Longevity and projection just average. I prefer Pink Sugar over this anytime. Not suitable for office wear.

tahia_loky
tahia_loky

compre este perfume a ciegas por los comentarios que vi en esta pagina, este perfume es delicioso dan ganas de comerselo, es dulce, yo le siento notas a vainilla con un poco de coco. Nunca he olido la creme brulee pero esto tiene un toque de crema (muy suave), es un perfume cálido y se parece según yo a la version madura de meow de katy perry y al pour femme de dolce y gabanna pero mas dulce (al estilo aquoalina).
a las adictas de los perfumes gourmand se los recomiendo absolutamente! me encanta !

Centsless
Centsless

This is the Sugar for a grown woman to enjoy. Not as sweet as Pink Sugar, Gold Sugar is creamier/milkier with a tropical vibe from the coconut and orange. Creme Brulee is such a decadent dessert, and that is exactly how Gold Sugar smells, creamy and decadent. I find myself reaching for this often because it just smells GOOD and it doesn't try to be all complicated.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Original Pink Sugar, eat your heart out!
This is simply delicious. It's sweet, but not nearly as sweet as PS (which was nice to sniff but too sweet for me to wear).

Where Pink Sugar is cotton candy and cupcakes at your daughter's sixth birthday party, Gold Sugar is eating Crème Brulee while on your second date at an upscale French restaurant.

A bit more mature.
I also think it works in both winter and summer, as the feel of the scent changes from creamy and comfy to sweet, buttery and tropical.

jamaral
jamaral

Sinto-me banhada em leite creme! Docinho... o mais docinho que conheço!
Gosto pela doçura e simplicidade! Jovem!

CPelly82
CPelly82

I'm suffering from a cold and when I sprayed this on before coming to work I didn't realized how strong it actually was. I wanted to get an opinion from a co-worker and when I arrived he was taken back by the scent. The sillage is amazing and now that I smell it for myself I think it's awesome. The whipped cream and coconut is lovely but alittle goes a long way.

So it's been about 6 hours since I put this on and it's still going strong. Now that I can smell better it truly does smell like crème brulee. The burnt sugar, vanilla and cream is absolutely amazing. My co-worker described it as " yummy ". If you are looking for a fragrance from Aquolina that's not too sweet like Pink Sugar this would be great for everyday use.

KDJ
KDJ

Such a nice and creamy scent this has. Not as crazy sweet as Pink Sugar. I notice though at the opening, I get a strong scent that smells like licorice to me. Wonderful combination, should probably stock up on this scent!

Anna1011
Anna1011

This is currently my project perfume. I've been wearing it daily and it is very nice but not my favorite. I can see how some would classify this as a winter perfume as it is warm and vanilla and intense, but on me that lasts for about a minute or five. I like it in summer it's like the beach with the sun, sun lotion, and a tropical drink and maybe some ice cream. It's a warm, coconut honey milk mixture with what I swear is lemons. The dry down is what I call lemon sugar. In the beginning I get a hint of the neroli and it lingers for an hour or two but then its gone. Like others have said, it's not very long lasting 3-4 hours tops.In someways the dry down reminds me of Kerosene Unknown Pleasures

Hellita
Hellita

This was a very nice surprise! I was gifted a sample of GS from a friend in here, and as I've had bad experience with some of my blind buys lately - I prepared and did not have high hopes. BOY was I wrong. This is a delight and it developes so beautifully on my skin. I hope I'm not swearing in Church here, but on me this is veeery similar to Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme EdP (and I know, because I own that one) - the only difference is that D&G pour femme has raspberry instead of GS' orange. I'm not saying it's gonna be the same for you guys, but on me GS was just as good and sweet. Definately a LOVE from me! Now I'm going for the original Pink Sugar as well! ;) Happy time!

EDIT: I'm 30 mins in now, and I need to take back my comment about D&G Pour Femme, because that was just the initial 10 mins. Now it has turned into something so soft, heavenly and addictive. My god. I.NEED.THIS!

seaside
seaside

I'm not sure what to make of this. It's the one and only Aquolina fragrance I've tried. It has its moments, mostly hours in, but there is something in here that strikes an unpleasant chord on my skin. It also gives me that little tightness in the chest that I get from some scents.

I can't help but compare it unfavorably to another recent acquisition, Prada Candy, which gets all the warm, sweet tones just right.

But I paid only $15 and change for Gold Sugar, so I'm okay.

ETA: It's growing on me. If I'm careful to not over do it, I find that it is very comforting.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Let me start by saying: I LOVE sweet scents. I do. I wanted to love this one so much. I enjoy both Pink and Blue Sugar, and with the coconut angle on this one, I thought "Bingo! Winner!"

Well...the opening is A LOT of artificial really really heavily sweet coconut and sugar. I think the faux coconut note is what caused my headache. :(

I got no neroli in the opening, but I do get the strong lemon sugar (similar to Pink Sugar) and I was ok with that. I prefer the lemon sugar goodness of Al-Rehab Soft for that particular type of scent. As for the Creme Brulee...yes, I caught whiffs of that, which was very nice, but it is much better done with Britney's Curious In Control.

All in all, the faux coconut is what really killed it for me. The drydown is sweet and fairly tenacious...and it is VERY lovely at the base, but I will not be purchasing a full bottle of this. Your mileage may vary, this might be just the sweet coconutty dessert fragrance you're looking for. They have it billed as an 'oriental vanilla'--no, don't let that fool you. This is full on gourmand.

usualla
usualla

this perfume is fine but doesnt work great in warm weather (im living in a tropical country). Long lasting one

maltatude
maltatude

I tested this the other day and I did think of Cinema when it dried down. The same kind of vanilla, base note idea. Still a very different fragrance. Worth sampling if you can find it.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

This was a blind buy for me. Gold Sugar sounded like a true gourmand delight and once I saw it compared to YSL Cinema I was sold. Gold Sugar bears no resemblance to her older sister, Pink Sugar. I get a lot of coconut and creamy sugar in the opening. After a few moments, it is reminiscent of a much creamier, more vanillic version of B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena. The coconut stays very sweet throughout. I wasn't a huge fan of the opening, but the drydown was absolutely heavenly. It is the perfect creamy marshmallow scent and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. You definitely need to enjoy sugary-sweet fragrances to like this one; I could see some finding the initial burst too sweet. That said, the longevity is terrible. It's shocking that an EDT lasts only an hour or two.

indiralove
indiralove

Yummy..

KateAnette

I've been wearing YSL Cinema a couple of evenings in a row. This morning I decided to wear Gold Sugar. I realized that it's almost exactly like Cinema on my skin, with extra sugar :). Not complaining, since I love Cinema and only have a large decant of it. GS is a really good dupe, and a lot cheaper too.

jessbug
jessbug

I blind bought Gold Sugar, because it sounded like the perfect thing for me. Coconut? Check. Creme Brulee? Check! Whipped Cream? Sign me up! Add some sandalwood and musk, and some orange citrus; sounds fantastic!

Unfortunately, this seems to be a case of 'too much of a good thing' for me. While Gold Sugar smells really nice, and it's a definite 'LIKE' for me, I almost never wear it. I spray it on my bed sometimes, but even then it sometimes becomes too much after a while. When I wear it on my skin it's just overkill.

I've never met an Aquolina fragrance that was weak and had no sillage, and that's one of the things I like about that brand. But in the case of Gold Sugar that means it's just not very wearable to me.

Oh well, I'm still happy with my bottle. This way I can turn my bed into a fluffy marshmallow any time I want to. Guaranteed sweet dreams!

Lexxy
Lexxy

There is such a beautiful scent in the background!! But there is also something in this that ruins the whole thing for me. I'm thinking it's the creamy accord, to me it smells like orange baby powder over an old fashioned cold cream. How I wish that note wasn't there, this would be perfect. Beside that weird cream note this is very nice.. Warm, tropical without smelling like suntan lotion, coconut, woody, citrusy.. But I just can't get passed that sour old fashioned creme note. I hope Aquolina would come out with something just like this minus the creme accord, Gold Sugar Sensual? For those of you wondering this is nothing like Pink Sugar.

Am I the only one getting the orange baby powder cold creme scent?

EDIT- it's really growing on me, I find myself craving it and wanting to wear it, I really do like it. If someone is wondering about GS it's worth giving it a try, definitely.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Soapy citrus on a light cream base with hints of coconut.

Reserving my sample for breezy summer days.

Reminds me of a better formulated Coconut Passion (Victoria's Secret).

heymoe9
heymoe9

How do they do it! I spend lots of money on perfume, buy niche, classic you name it. But I have gotten mor joy out of the blind buy cheapies I read about from other Fragrantica members. This is no exception. It is like happiness in a bottle. Sure it's not complex or original, but who cares if you like it, and I adore this one.

SBunny
SBunny

I adore this.

Upon the first spray it's quite fizzy and little bit chemically sweet but that subsides almost instantly and becomes so sweet, creamy and alluring. The Creme brûlée is very dominant making the scent so delicious and inviting. Buttery, sugary, vanillic goodness. The citrus notes offer a little bit of tanginess to the fragrance but the Creme brûlée takes centre stage.

The lasting power and sillage on this is really fantastic too. I can smell it quite strongly all day long. This was my signature during winter and even though it's become a bit warmer it still wears quite well. It would probably be too much for summer though. Out of all the perfumes in my wardrobe this receives the most compliments. I can't wear it without someone stopping me and asking what I'm wearing. It really is wonderful.

VioletCarson
VioletCarson

smells like a cheap perfume at the beginning but if you have a bit of patience the perfume will reveal his real notes, quite creamy, lemony and with a lot of coconut of course. to me it smells like a lemon/coconut cake just baked. I can feel the toffee notes and vanilla as well. not strong as pink sugar but more mature I think. the weird thing is that would suit summer and winter too, depending how much you use. nice one for sure but can't describe how much I miss chocolovers :'(

Perfume_Lover85
Perfume_Lover85

Another blind buy and a successful one! This is lovely, it just screams summer and sunshine, beaches and cocktails! On first spray I get oranges mixed with coconut which has some fizziness to it then the sweet cream comes in to the mix, it sweet, cheery and really uplifting! Love it! :)

One spray (first trying it) lasted on my skin for hours, my mum also sprayed herself once to smell it and it lasted hours on her skin aswell which surprised us because perfume (except Jessica Simpson Fancy) usually disappears on her skin quickly, so this is great!

candyaddict
candyaddict

This smells wonderful when first sprayed! The whipped cream, coconut and cream brulee are very dominant. I wish more of the neroli, orange and sandalwood would come through. The dry down smells like Vanilla Fields, which I'm not very fond of but, overall, it's nice.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This smells amazing! I love the creme brule, vanilla and other scents coming together to make such an enchanting and fun aroma. This has great lasting power as well and is not overpowering. Worth the blind buy. I love it!

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I really like Gold Sugar because to me this smells straight up a beach scent...kinda like suntan lotion but not oily but the coconut with lime,creme bruele and vanilla really make this a nice summer scent. I don't have a beach scent so i am happy with this being the only one i have so i don't need more...it is really uplifting.It is not as heavy as pink sugar with the fuzzy vanilla but it does last for awhile i would say 3-5 hours which is not that bad. I was hoping it would have been more thicker,fuzzier but its still a good gourmand for what it is as the creme bruele and vanilla get stronger and more long lasting on the dry down so it is definately creamy,milky. I love pink sugar more but i really do like this since i love gourmands..for $20 bucks it was a no breaker and i will definitely use it since its sweet enough for me to enjoy..i love aquolina products.

Mz_Aisha
Mz_Aisha

Wanted to loved this fragrance however, I just like it. Sadly there was a note that didn't get along well with my allergies. It's a warm & cozy gourmand that sits close to the skin. I enjoyed the top notes. The drydown not so much. Something was missing in towards the end. It became flat & almost nonexhistant. On my clothes it lasted 3-4 hrs & on the skin it lasted less than 3 hrs. I think this fragrance could have used a little praline.

Lily2911
Lily2911

Oh waaw, this is a nice gourmand but much more refined than you would expect. The neroli and sandalwood give it a lot of structure, yes linear but not an agressive candy store fragrance, neither a cheap suntan lotion smell. It wraps you into your childhood memories when mom was baking caramel cookies or in my case delicious warm homemade waffles. It triggers the same anticipation to indulgence : sniffing for hours all these amazing aroma's and finally savouring the patisserie and sharing this joy with your beloved ones. This perfume is also a joy ypu share, many people will sniff on you and react with lots of ahhh and ohhh :-)
Share it generously, Gold Sugar becomes very quickly your daily sunshine

peachypixie
peachypixie

Ah, I'm glad for this lil edt.

It layers so well with practically any gourmand frag you have.

I wanted to layer Gold Sugar with Escada Desire Me, specifically, and was not let down.

The best part about GS is that it's not a one-demensional scent: creamy, nutty, with an orange zest. I was afraid the creme brulee note would be loud like caramel or pure sugar, but it's really... quite fabulous

While it tends toward fall/winter, this is light enough for spring (maaaybe not for sweaty summer days). I wear it on my clothes for maximum longevity - 3 hours max.

torkwan
torkwan

I wanted so badly to like this perfume, but I couldn't. I did not get any creme brulee, floral, or orange notes at all. All i got was coconut and lime--sort of reminds me of BBW coconut lime verbana but so cloyingly strong. Definitely different from the other Aquolinas for sure. Although this wasn't my cup of tea at all, I do have to say that it's refreshingly different from the others, definitely tropical and perfect for summer days. Unfortunately, coconut just isn't for me :(

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

Wow this is a good one
This perfume literally smells like you just took all the notes and blended it and made it into a cream
It is edible but not cloying or overly sweet
It has a slight powdered tangy citrus note as well
Can be worn by teens to early 30s
Its affordable, but doesnt smell cheap
This is yummy smelling
Good job Aquolina !

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

The Aquolina Sugar scents are really interesting-- I love to give em a big ol sniff, but I would never wear them because I cannot stand the look of the bottle. Needs a serious rebrand for a bottle more suited to such an interesting and different scent. The bottle design doesn't even match the price point in my opinion. Weird.

bleuciel
bleuciel

Milky sweet lemony mess. Not long lasting at all, especially when compared to the original Pink Sugar. As the day goes by, it simply evaporates and doesn't transform into anything else.

It smells appetizing (like cookie appetizing) at first, but then almost nothing. I pour what it seems like half a bottle on myself, but by mid-afternoon there's nothing there anymore.

Pros:
-cheap
-pleaseantly smelling, no headache inducing - good for relaxing at home or running casual errands

Cons:
- poor lasting power and sillage
- it smells the same from the moment it's sprayed until it disappears just a few short hours after
- the bottle is opaque, so you can't really know how much of it it's left

I will definitely not repurchase. The original is so much better.

simee
simee

Just received Gold sugar today!!! Ordered from ebayebay. Too expensive here in Canada and got a great deal, around $36 for 3.4 oz!!! The only perfume store here who did have only the 3.4 oz. Wanted $59 + tax!!! Waited 9 days to ship from Calif. To Can. Was a steal to me at half the price!!!
The main note here is a heavy beachy,suntanny coconut note.
As to my expectations as a Pink sugar addict, no doubt that same burnt/ spun sugar, candy floss note added to it a sticky toffee/ creme brule note.
Heavy, balmy, creamy vanilla and a dark yet fresh musk maybe even a sandalwood note as well is the drydown on my skin.
After spraying the tester where I did find it but passed due to the price I found the opening quite heavy which I expected and liked. I asked a salesgirl at a department store if she smelt it on me and asked her what she thought. She said she liked it and asked what it was.
I smell also the same tropical mango, beachy note minus the cloying of Miami Glo by Jlo, though there is an notei in that perfume that doesn't agree with me.
I am so glad I looked for this one and got a great deal!!!
The sillage is monster and the longetivity w/ the test spray was moderate.
It was my first blindbuy and am so excited to use it ;)

scarlettcupcake

This is the perfect summer scent.Sunbathing on the beach drinking pina colada's! I love it.

Scarlette
Scarlette

This smells almost exactly like L de Lolita to me. Seriously! If you love L de Lolita, this one costs less than half as much. Sweet, creamy, but not terribly interesting. Gold Sugar has a slightly artificial hairspray smell that L doesn't. I still like Pink Sugar more.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I prefer this one to it's hyperactive sister Pink Sugar!

It is a clone of Benefit So Hooked on Carmella,I can't tell the difference.

It's bold,sweet and should be applied with a soft hand.

ecerusen
ecerusen

longevity : poor
sillage : poor

total score : 5/10

(imo)

Nermeen2014
Nermeen2014

this is ana amaaaaaaaaazing perfume, i wanted to buy pink sugar before, thank GOD i haven't bought it, this one smells elegant yet sweet, i adore how it smells on my skin, it makes me feel special :*

koyangi
koyangi

I really love this scent, and I find it smells quite a lot like Vanilla Musk, which was my favorite fragrance in the mid-90s.

amberjsheppard
amberjsheppard

Oh my god i'm in gourmand heaven! It smells like i've just walked in to a patisserie! Exactly what I was hoping for! Best blind buy yet!

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I can see the similarities between Gold Sugar and FCUK Friction. Both stingingly sweet, coconutty, burnt sugar, musk and sandalwood. But whereas I gave Friction away as soon as I possibly could, I actually like this. The opening is a bit unpleasant but within 15 minutes or so it becomes much milder, softer, creamier. 30 minutes and I'm in love with it. On my wish list. This is delicious, and a lot of fun.

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

Not better than pink sugar at all..this smells like lemons. hate i purchased it

KateAnette

I actually like this a lot! It's just the type of scent I wasn't sure if I can pull off. You know, the "too young/ old lady perfume"- issue.

Well, I decided this is totally an old lady perfume :D. You know, that old lady who knows who she is. She knows what she wants and knows how to get what she wants. Who doesn't give a crap about what anyone else thinks, especially considering her perfume choices. And she's smelling delicious while doing her thing ;). On a serious note, even though this is sweet, i think a girl any age can pull this off.

starvega
starvega

I had this on the test list for months and had one of those 'shut up and take my money!' moments when I finally found it for sale and smelled it for myself. Am I allowed to bathe in this stuff?? Not huge on Pink Sugar but this is very different, and veers away from candy sweet into delicious, rich dessert. There is a note in this that I WISH I could identify, and it is just amazing. Love, love, love.

kneissl
kneissl

Just received this today - a blind buy based on comments here - and it is exactly what I hoped for. I was craving a sugary gourmand fragrance for casual wear and this does the trick! I get caramel popcorn with lashings of vanilla and a touch of smoky wood. I do get an hint of orange peel but nothing floral so far and have been wearing for over 2 hours. I do like it a lot, probably won't repurchase but it's rather nice for this time of year.

Update : after 12 hours I can still smell it on my skin; this Sugar really sticks :o)

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

The opening reminds me on fantasy for some reason, love this though I got it today, the Drydown is so nice.

It starts off really creamy, but with a hint of fruitiness (orange) and dries down to a real sweet soft cream which is sweet like cake! love it!

Guest_sultaria
Guest_sultaria

This is a very sweet warm scent. Definitely for lovers of creamy dessert (gourmand) scents. The silage and longevity is very good. It's unfortunate that this just does not work on my skin. It turns a bit sour or somewhat off, however when I spray this on a paper or just in the air, it is a completely different nice sweet smell. If anyone is interested, I have a full 3.4 oz bottle of this available for swap. It doesn't work on my skin, but may on someone else's. I would certainly recommend testing this out on your skin before buying (I blind bought).

DancingVeggie
DancingVeggie

I like this so much but the mandarin wrecks it for me. Smells metallic on my skin.

jenika
jenika

Each time I put this on, I feel the blood sugar rising. And I also have a tendency to lick my wrist. Is this normal, doc? LOL.
Well yeah, it smells like creme brulee, coconut and cream. If you can't stand sweet perfumes, stay away from Gold Sugar. As for myself... I'll always lick -oh sorry- like this.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

OMG I love this scent! I wanted to try Pink Sugar (the original) and was put off by the overtly sweet smell (caramel I think) and saw this at the last minute. I thought, "meh betting it's no different." WOW. THIS is exactly what I was hoping for in the original.
It is very vanilla, very sexy, very warm, and sensual. This is no "cheap" scent either, it is very nice. I don't have anything like it in my collection either.
I have a hard time with some notes because they never show themselves on me, and tend to go after scents with sandalwood and amber in them to notice the notes more.
This scent is very delicious but not in an annoying way. It makes me feel very cozy and comfortable. It has good staying power, my first time I tried it on it lasted well over 8 hours. Since then it has lasted 6-8 hours or more with the lingering vanilla note and sandalwood.
On me it smells like creamy vanilla with a warm woody note. I can smell the coconut but its subtle. I don't smell the citrus on myself, but I do smell the neroli & musk. There is a very slight floral note in here but I cannot identify it. It is not sweet or cloying & I think anyone could wear this.

SS79
SS79

WOW!! I didn't know what to expect with this. I own the original and also blue sugar.. which I love to mix! Anyways... this is a creamy coconut on my skin.. warm and inviting, nothing like the original at all ... It kinda reminds me of another fume.. but can't put my finger on it... but its yummy and I am glad I have it in my collection.. :-)

maxx_girlz
maxx_girlz

this is very very sweet and warm. i smell coconut, milk and a hint of citrus. great for the winter.

thejasmine13
thejasmine13

I tried this as a blind buy as I found it for really cheap and I love it! It's really yummy, warm and sweet but not sickly. The addition of the mandarin is slightly unusual and I had to get used to it but it does make it a little more sophisticated than just sugary. I don't really get any floral on me.
At first spray it can be sharp so you want to spray a little while before you go out. The longer it sits the better it gets.
I will definitely be buying this again - I get whiffs of it all through the day and it's just delicious!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

This is one of my favorite gourmand fragrances. In addition to the notes listed, it seems to have a buttery popcorn note as well. Gold Sugar is sweet without being overly so. And for the price, it is a steal!

amandaleigh
amandaleigh

As I type this, I have Gold Sugar on my left wrist and Pink Sugar on my right. I'm going to compare and contrast them.

Similarities:
They are both very sweet, yummy smells. They both incorporate vanilla, and they both have great longevity.

Differences:
When I spray on Pink Sugar, there is a sugary smell that's not present in Gold Sugar. Gold Sugar has a more warm coconut-vanilla. Smelling them side by side, they are obviously different. I smell a strong raspberry/maybe strawberry with burnt sugar and vanilla with Pink Sugar. I smell a sweet, light vanilla and coconut scent when I smell Gold Sugar. When I smell Gold Sugar, I imagine cuddling and kissing. When I smell Pink Sugar, I get a playful yet sexy vibe.

I love both, but I think I like Gold Sugar a little bit more.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

I love Aquolina, especially Pink Sugar. Aquolina does an excellent job making very foody, gourmand scents without being juvenile or obviously cheap smelling. they are actually sophisticated and more complex than your average cotton candy body mist that a teen would wear. I know that a lot of adults still feel silly wearing Aquolina, but I really think these can be worn by all women. There's truly a difference when I spray pink sugar and then other candy cotton perfumds. I get so many compliments on Pink Sugar-ppl raving how it smells of sexy candy cotton. But when I wear GH Delicious Cotton Candy, I actually scare some ppl away with all that over done sugar lol. Simply because delicious cotton candy truly is juvenile and cheap alcohol smelling cotton candy. If you have the right foody scent, it can work for anyone without being immature or silly. So with that said, once again, I was more than pleased with Aquolina's impressiveness in that respect.

The name truly speaks for itself. It really is Gold Sugar, as its all things sweet and gold colored treats. At first spray, it smelled like pink sugar slightly, with that heavy licorice note, and I also got some citrus. I didn't think much of it until it dried down into such a scrumptious scent. It smells very buttery--very caramelly. Reminded me of kettle popcorn. The buttery scent was most obvious to my nose , with some sweet notes , citrus and musk. Very creamy, some creme brulee, sandalwood, and I do get a very slight hint of neroli. There's a welcoming freshness to Gold Sugar, and that makes it even nicer and more interesting. . Ummm. So yeah lol. All in all, I really, really want to buy this stuff! But first I want to spray it all over rather than just my wrists cause who knows.. The butteryness may end up being too much if sprayed liberally. We shall see I guess.

So I'm going to go ahead and say that I think this is a pretty safe bet for anyone who is a gourmand lover. Even those who don't like gourmand frags, this still may work as its not overly sweet. Its actually more creamy and milky(perhaps its the coconut?) than sweet imo. The citrus and neroli keeps it cool and fresh. So for those of you that need the warm, comfy frags, I'd steer clear of Gold Sugar as its a cool fragrance. I wouldn't call this sexy, but its quite complex and perfect for the office or day wear. It's very unique, a great choice if you want something a little "different." I recommend it. I'm probably gonna pick one up myself;) good job, Aquolina. Now to blind buy chocolovers!

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

The first time I smelled this I loved it but it took me a few whiffs to recall the smell. This smells like my lovely and discontinued Coty Vanilla Musk. I loved this smell and it has become increasingly difficult to find. They have that same sparkling burst with vanilla and a creamy dry down. I don't know why but with Gold Sugar I get this burst of baby powder in the dry down. I just remember creamy vanilla with a touch of a sweetened milk like baking with condensed milk and fresh vanilla beans. AGS perfume is great but if I'm going to go "all out" on a perfume I'd rather it be something like Keiko, MDCI, or something niche. I love it, but this is something I would buy only if I can't find another bottle of CVM.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Aquolina Gold Sugar is my favorite of all the feminine Aquolina fragrances! A sugary sweet whipped vanilla with orange licorice and a kick of coconut! This is such a heavenly scent! Tropical and gourmand at the same time, perfect combination!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

It's so funny how a smell can ignite a long forgotten memory. This one reminded me of the first time I had creme brulee, not judging a book by it's cover, and (almost) meeting Ella Fitzgerald.

Long ago, I was on a date with a very handsome young man who had had a crush on me for quite some time. He was not the type of guy I usually dated, but I decided that I should not judge a book by the cover and just go and enjoy myself. Brian took me to a candlelight dinner at a tiny restaurant in Malibu to hear his best friend, David, play the piano. He was the perfect date and it was a magical night. He ordered creme brulee for me for desert because I said I had never had it before.

At the same moment the creme brulee came to the table, David began to play the piano. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I've never tasted anything so good, nor heard any music so beautiful. You know when you are in the presence of true talent when the music seems to make time stop. He played with such passion and intensity. It was pure genius but filled with sadness. I felt each note had meaning. When David finished his set, he came to the table and sat with us. I learned that he had played with Ella Fitzgerald and was taking care of her on her deathbed. He said that each night he played he thought of her and that sadness and genius came through the music. He said that if she hadn't been so sick, he would have loved to introduce us to her later that night because being around young people made her happy and she would have loved the story of how my date and I met. Instead, we sent her some creme brulee to enjoy from us with a little note that said we wished her well and hoped to meet her in the near future.

We never got that chance because she passed soon after. But to this day, I think of her when I have creme brulee; her voice is as rich and smooth as creme brulee and now I always associate the two. Today was the first day I wore this fragrance and this is exactly what this perfume reminded me of. A magical night with a handsome date, beautiful piano music and Miss Ella Fitzgerald and her friend and fellow musician David, the man who loved her to the very end.

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

I am a huge fan of vanilla Orientals and sweet warm scents. So again, because of fragrantica and the reviews ive read, I thought that this scent would be the perfect fall/winter scent. I received it yesterday and I wore it all day....and I LOVE it. This smells so much better than pink sugar...which doesn't seem to have any depth n complexities its just pure sweetness (n a burnt one at that). This is so delicious. If you're a gourmand lover try this. I now want to try sensual,chocolovers,and sparks. I was afraid that all of acquolinas fragrances were like pink sugar (boring). But this has changed my mind and peaked my interest.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

IMHO, coconut is one tricky note to get right in the perfume world.
Too much fruit? your smelling like a tropical cocktail. Too much vanilla? your smelling like a coconut cupcake ( great for the younger gourmand lover .) And coconut as a single note? too sharp, dry and flat.

Then along comes Aquolina with this Gold Sugar.... AND HITS IT OUT OF THE BALL PARK!!
Milky, Creamy, citrusy delicious coconut perfection. Warm, gentle, sexy and inviting.
And yes, this is a sweet gourmand scent, but again, IMO, a more womanly and somewhat more complex one.

GS has to much projection to be considered a skin scent, but it melts into the skin so beautifully, becoming on with the wearer, much like a skin scent does.

If I were a man smelling this on a woman? I would fall absolutely head over heals, crazy, madly in love.... Or lust anyway! LOL

Woodelf
Woodelf

When a woman gets to a "certain age," there apparently are things that we are not supposed to do: we aren't supposed to wear our hair long, we shouldn't ride on the back of a motorcycle, we shouldn't have a third glass of wine, we shouldn't wear skirts above our knees, and our fragrances should be more mature, and not so girly and sweet. ... Thankfully, I defy all of these conventions and I sometimes wear Gold Sugar. To me, it is the best of the Aquolina Sugars - not as sweet and overpowering as Pink Sugar, and not as ethereal as Pink Sugar Sensuelle. Gold Sugar is sweet woods, carmelized with cream and coconut. There is nothing too fruity or saccharine here. It is the perfect blend of sweet but sexy. I wear this when I am feeling youthful and perhaps a little rebellious. For a woman of a "certain age." ;)

butterbean
butterbean

Fall comes along -- and I start thinking about a nice sweet scent.

Since everyone and from 12 y/o girls to grannies are wearing Pink Sugar--I wasn't too interested in smelling one of Aquolina's scents. However, I was in Ulta - and I happened to just pick it up and give it a test.

Gold Sugar. YUM! comforting.

First spray opens as a creamy delicious dessert - it is sweet caramelized sugar, creamy vanilla, with a hint of yummy orange and very subtle coconut.
As the scent wears - it becomes more sweet coconut and tropical dessert.

It has more of a creamy caramel sweetness that is somewhat tropical.

I sprayed 2 sprays on each forearm - and it lasted for 8 hrs.

On clothes it lasts for days.

First spray its going to waft quite a bit -- but after a few hrs it's silliage is closer to your body - where you can smell it but not everyone around you.

What I love about this scent - it's not "perfume-y" and you can pull this off more often than other scents.

Go give this a try!

SillySue
SillySue

Now this is a good one! It took me a while to warm up to Pink Sugar, first time I tried it I hated it, second time I tried it I got a lot of complements from other people asking what smelled so heavenly or who was baking cookies ;)... and that was basically what drew me in, other people's olfactory experience. Often I feel very selfconsious wearing Pink Sugar as I feel I smell like a walking bakery.

Gold sugar however, totally different story. GS is basically what I always wanted PS to be. Love from first sniff. It is not as abrasively cake smelling like PS. Not at all actually. GS is much more subdued, in that it's not as much in your face as PS. It is a heavenly blend of creamy milky notes and creme brule. I smell a tiny bit of coconut but it blends seamlessy and is not prominent at all. I also smell a tiny bit of some sort of fruit, probably the neroli although I don't get much of a citrusy feel here, but this fruit note definitely lifts the perfume and prevents it from becoming too cloying.

Now to the drydown. It is astounding to me how very much GS smells like D&G Pour femme once it has melted into your skin a bit. On my skin it's hard to tell the difference between the two. I find this surprisins as the two don't share that many notes in commmon. I like GS better though as I feel the d&g is a little 'thicker' and more cloying/heavy somehow.

All in all I am super happy with GS. I find it to be the best of the Aqualinas by far, having tried all the other 'sugars'. Not saying that this is a serious or a terribly sophisticated scent in anyway but IMO this is defintely the most grown up and best blended out of all the 'sugars'. Feminine as opposed to girly, I would say.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Caramel sauce, and something sour/rotten that destroys it. Like pineapple or something.
Smells like FCUK Friction.

CHERRY BLOWSOME
CHERRY BLOWSOME

while being in a fragrance shop .. i got it for test on my hand and left :)
at first i said , it is a sugary smell ( means for me a cheap one ) , after i left the shop its base appeared and its so elegant .. not nauseating as expected from sugary scents & very long lasting ( being an Eau de toilette not perfume ) is amazing ..
i gonna buy it tomorrow ISA

louisminaj
louisminaj

I got this in the post today as I loved Pink sugar! I loved the notes to this one, so I was super excited! So, all I can say is that this is an amazing scent! Tr whipped cream is so strong with creme brûlée so it is very creamy and sweet! This reminds me sooooooo much of Meow by Katy perry minus the tangy pear! It is a truly gorgeous scent that I will be wearing a lot!

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Smells exactly as (loreal elvive hair oil extract) which is coconut oil & sweet cream .. actually I love this smell .. it's kind of clean sweat & tropical to me ..

Oh Creme Brulee is so yummy here..

I am surprised no body noticed that this one is similar to ( Beyonce Pulse ) just less orange & more whipped cream ,, and of course this stays longer & has a better quality.

when it's about citrus & sweets = Immediately I am in love ;)

To my wish list, to my favorite shelf ❤❤❤

larita91
larita91

If you like sweet tart-y gourmands, you're gonna love it!
Little bt citrusy at first, then quickly settles, and become more creamy and turns into a heavy vanille flavoured milkshake.
You can definiately smell that it is an Aquolina scent, has that similarities to Pink Sugar and Sparks, basically it's like they have some heavy sweetness of their own, which only Aquolina can process.
Fluffy, creamy, marshmallow scent, creamier and better than PS or Sparks (I think), but still too unoriginal and strong to my nose.

As far as I'm concerned, Aquolina has done nothing, but changing something on PS, and sell it as a new one.

Sillage is a monster on me, little bit uncomfortable in the summer, and longetivity is quite good, about 5-6 hours.

BTW I can see why people say this is a cheaper version of D&G Pour Femme, they really have something in common, but while D&G is more powdery, Gold Sugar is more creamy.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This is very good. Sweet and tangy at the same time. I can find some notes that call me to the other pink sugars but this one has a more tropical feel to it. Reminds me of Friction from Fcuk. It's almost identical. Then about 15 mins later they depart. Gold sugar takes on a more creamy feel. At the end they are nowhere similar as gold smells just like vanilla, cream and some caramel. Very good. Great siliage and last for hours. Sprayed it on at 8 pm and now its 6 am and I can still smell it.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This perfume is addictive! One of my absolute favourites. I can smell the citrus, neroli, creme brûlée and the light florals.

It is deliciously creamy from the get go and has the most amazing vanilla/ sandalwood dry down that I just love! To a gourmand lover, this is a stand out fragrance. Completely different to Pink Sugar. I very rarely wear PS but this, I find myself reaching for it much more often.

It is really sweet - but that's to be expected!

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

I would complain that this scent is far too sweet, oozing carmelly sugar, but I guess I should have used common sense and not purchased (blind buy) based on the notes given. I'm going with "sugar bomb" floral on this one, the citrus and coconut are minor players. I also own and occasionally wear Lavanilla Vanilla Coconut, which is far more straightforward--not trying to be everything at once. Will be gifting this Aquolina to a teenager!

astamm62
astamm62

This a really nice scent,it is sweet but I smell a lot of sandalwood.To me it smells similar to Yves Rocher's Nature Millenaire..Both have a sweet wood smell if that makes any sense.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Lasting power is amazing..although I find the scent just ordinary. .gold sugar remind me of bath and body works.i prefer the original pink sugar .ill pass on this for now

RaggaGirl
RaggaGirl

This is a truly delicious scent, you can tell this is a sugar line.
At first I get a POP of citrus notes with the burnt sugar scent, that evolves pretty quickly into this beautiful cloud of creaminess wrapping me with the sweet gentle touch of crème brulee. As it continues to evolve the nectar of the crème Brulee begins to shine and starts to wrap itself with the coconut creating the beautiful balance with the neroli playing quietly in the background. As this continues to become more suttle and sit the cream starts to peek through with the crème brulee and the coconut they entwine perfectly together. I don't get the muskiness thank goodness this is a keeper for me!

Gold Sugar opens like caramel cotton candy. Once it mellows it's not nearly as sweet as the original.
After about 30 minutes I get mild coconut, some floral notes and mandarin with white musk. The drydown is actually quite musky and clean to me.
Overall I feel like Gold Sugar lacks a point of view. It's somewhat gourmand, but not the gourmand powerhouse the original is. The notes make it appear more interesting than the final product.
Kind of reminds me of Bronze Goddess 2013, but like the "Our Impression Of" version.

lunamystic
lunamystic

Although I do think it is simular to D & G pour femme (2012). I also think they are different enough that I would not be satisfied using one in place of the other.
D & G Pour Femme is a fickle one somedays it's lovely and long lasting other days the opposite. Gold Sugar lasts and lasts on me.

kirtylou
kirtylou

The description of Gold Sugar sounds simply scrumptious. I will always have a soft spot for gourmands, and this one sounded a little different from the usual sugar-candy-patchouli-vanilla-caramel creations one usually sees. I know many do not like coconut, but I personally appreciate coconut notes. I’ve worn this for the past three days; the first time I was surprised by how short-lived the scent was, and how the top notes were sort of plasticky. The second time I was a little overwhelmed by the sticky milkiness of the middle notes. The third day, though, this scent is growing on me. I think the first two times were affected by environmental factors; the first day I was at the beach and covered in sunscreen, which may have messed up the scent, and the second day was the day after my daiquiri-and-sangria-fueled day at the beach, so I was not feeling so hot. The third time I feel good and spent the day at the office, so I’m hoping this third time is the most representative of how I will feel about this scent.

As for the third-day review: I still say this perfume lacks the sillage and longevity that previous Aquolina scents pack. However, depending on who you ask, this might not be such a bad thing seeing as how Pink Sugar and other flankers can be very strong. The top note is still a little harsh and synthetic-smelling, and the middle notes can be a little too rich and creamy for some. I don’t smell coconut so much as I smell heavy whipped cream, crème brulee, and something… buttery. The dry down is very soft and nice and has lasted about 5 hours. The dry-down is a nice vanilla-y crème brulee, but not nearly as rich as the middle notes.

Overall, I recommend this for true gourmand lovers. If you turn your nose up at Flowerbomb, Pink Sugar, La Vie est Belle, and other super-sweet scents, you may not want to blind-buy this one.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Gold Sugar is citrus and sweet while being warm but the dry down is very musky. This scent is nice at first, but becomes overpowering as it's worn. This scent would be much nicer in candle form and reminds me of Demeter's My Melody.

UPDATE: The dry down is awful, it reminds me of cat urine, crayola crayons and scented markers. It also smells like potpourri.

catsngunsnyarn

Bought it this week. Now I realize why I love it so much - it reminds me of Bath&Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena.

jonr951
jonr951

If you want the new Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme and can't afford it, get Gold Sugar. It's SO much like it, in my opinion. : )

bnporter81
bnporter81

Love, love, love!! I just bought this and I can't stop smelling my wrist. :) Not exactly what you'd call a night-out, sophisticated type of perfume, but a great choice for just hanging out with friends or a night at home with the hubby. :) Definitely one of the yummiest scents I've smelled...next to Alien T.O.F. This is my first Aquolina fragrance and now I'm anxious to try more!

AsymptoticFaery
AsymptoticFaery

Gold Sugar...one of the perfumes I now wear (a limited edition Pink Sugar variation; Pink Sugar is what I wear most often and is signature for me).

I think I've finally pinpointed what Gold Sugar totally reminds me of...

Imagine the sweet, creamy, mildly-fruity, and confectionery-taste of V-Day conversation hearts (aka Sweethearts) converted to an alluring aroma and then turned into a high-quality, distinctive perfume.

Well, that's it...

Worthy of checking out...or wearing out...

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Gold Sugar, you made me love you. I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to do it.

Under Gold Sugar's tacky bottle and presentation, there is a lovely and unusual gourmand scent. The onset features a heady, slightly overwhelming sensation of sweet creaminess. And I don't mean “creamy” metaphorically, either. Gold Sugar captures the lush dairy scent of whipped cream with a gorgeous undercurrent of coconut and toasted sugar. If you find yourself usually disliking coconut because of its association with suntan lotion, give this a shot. It is a completely different approach.

Fun, sexy, unique, and long-lasting. What more could you want?

zabica
zabica

The first spritz of GS gave me a sense of something familiar! And then I got it - it smelled a lot like one of my favs - Armani Code.

Without checking the notes, I immediately knew there were some similarities between the two! Firstly, you get this combination of sweet, bitter and citrus smell, and as the time goes by, the scent is sweeter and creamier, with coconut peaking through. It lasts quite long both on the skin and hair/clothes, and at the end it is the creme brulee you mostly get. Very creamy, sexy, powdery!

So, if you like Armani code, and coconut in perfumes, you will 100% like this one! Very wearable for hot, spring/summer days :)

catsngunsnyarn

Tested this at Ulta last night. Mmmmm. Coconut and vanilla, with a touch of refreshing citrus. Reminds me of summer days in Hawaii with cool breezes and luscious drinks. Definitely on my Want list. I'm a sucker for sweet fragrances (PS, D&G Pour Femme, Kenzo Amour, Sensuous Nude, L de Lolita, Princess, etc...).

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Oh YUM!!! I love love love this! A new Ulta opened up close by so I decided to stop by and give it a look see. I spotted Gold Sugar and sniffed the bottle, I sprayed it immediately and loved it from the start, it gets even better in the dry down all creamy smooth and lovely. I WILL be investing in a bottle pronto. Pink Sugar will always be my first love, but Gold Sugar is a very close second, can't wait to find and sniff the other two newbie sugars. :0)

c3c
c3c

Soooo first spray made me think of Burberry Brit Gold, with citrus, next impression, hmmmm a bit of bug spray perhaps, then add coconut. Initially I didn't think I liked it, but, guess what? Changed my mind. Just as Brit Gold drew me in, so did Gold Sugar. Can't help it. I think if you like BG you will also enjoy this. I know the bug spray part doesn't sound inviting but there is something that keeps me coming back. Sooooo different from Pink Sugar (which I like), of no relation. Still, much better than Sensual.

raw umber
raw umber

Jelly Belly jelly bean candies feature "recipe ideas" on the backs of their bags, which are very similar to the fragrance layering concept.

The idea goes something like this:
Hot Cinnamon Jelly Belly + Green Apple Jelly Belly=
Apple Pie!

Lemon Jelly Belly + Cream Soda Jelly Belly=
Lemon Meringue Pie!

I think the notes in Gold Sugar by Aquolina have a similar quality, and the outcome is a complete recipe for a tropical vanilla CGI milkshake. Gold Sugar is a great example of the Japanese concept of Kawaii, meaning "adorable in a cool way."

Gold Sugar starts off with diet lemon-lime soda in the opening, and a generic coconut-flavored jelly bean note... not exceptionally creamy yet, but extremely sweet.

Once it opens on my skin, faint and pretty CGI florals appear, as well as a creaminess which is half-way between a bubble bath, and a vanilla ice cream or cream soda-scented body lotion.

Once the diet lime soda fades, the heart reveals a warm almost spicy sweetness on top of the milkiness which really does smell like a loose interpretation of vanilla custard with caramelized sugar on top. Maybe it's vanilla custard realized as a scented lotion or a candle... or, a fragrance.. Miles from the real thing, but pleasant nonetheless.

Gold Sugar projects well and the warm sugary milk scent goes on and on. The diet lime soda in the opening had me suspicious, but once it calms down, it's a creamy vanilla (jelly)bean...

If this really was a jelly bean, I would save it for last along with my other favorite flavors. I bet it would combine really well with the peach...

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

Rough and cloying version of VS Coconut Passion. I'll pass.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

Hmmm, I was a little disappointed with this one. I am a huge Aquolina fan, but their latest three creations have left me a bit unsatisfied. Gold Sugar is no different. I was expecting something sweet but perhaps a bit edgy or unique. I find Pink Sugar to be quite unique in the fact that it actually started the whole cotton candy trend, and the licorice and burnt sugar notes put it on a different tier than other generic cotton candy sugar frags out there. Gold Sugar is a nice scent, but it's uninspired and generic. I will say that the longevity is pleasantly surprising (around 10 hours) but I feel I have smelled this before. I actually prefer my FCUK Friction to this, as I find the coconut more prominent and enjoyable. I think the creme brulee note in Gold Sugar is nice, and the coconut is far from suntan lotion, but it just didn't wow me. I found this scent similar to Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion, albeit slightly more powdery. Overall, I am impressed with longevity and sillage and the avoidance of suntan lotion notes, but I do not think I would invest in a bottle unless I found it at a discount store for very cheap.

ShyAmor
ShyAmor

Saw Gold Sugar in Sephora today and I sprayed it on me and I didn't like it I was a little disappointed because "Pink Sugar" is one of my all time favs but I still brought it just to have ;)

Aspendina
Aspendina

not liking this, well the scent is lovely but its a cheap dupe of D&G Pour Femme (2012 version) on me it smells identical but lasts for all of 15 seconds where as my D&G lasts all day and forever on clothes.

HanaSt
HanaSt

I love this so much! At first I was skeptical as it was very very citrusy, almost nausiating. I expected so much more, it felt as if someone made a soup but forgot to add the main ingredients, and all was left was some bitter tasting water. But through time, it only gets creamier and warmer and more vanilla-y. I love it so much, it's such a great scent and is worth the awkward 30 min-1hr of citrus. This is my favorite perfume, it lasts so long and is so sweet! It's very different to the Pink Sugar by Aquolina, which I had been wearing for years.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Delicious milky coconut creme brulee! This smells so good you will want to eat it! You have to really love sweet gourmands to be able to love this perfume. It really does make you smell like a walking dessert! Yummy!!! Oh and GREAT lasting power too!!!

Arielrose
Arielrose

Gold Sugar stands out with it's warm coconut and cream notes. This is definitely different from the original Pink Sugar, not as candy sweet with added florals, musk, amber and coconut. The common theme is that it has the inviting 'delicious' quality and has instant appeal. Some people will smell the citrus and floral more, for me those notes are more understated and I get mostly the coconut and cream. This is a beautiful coconut, not 'cookie' like or sunscreen-ish, just a nice fresh scent that is warm and soothing. It is long-lasting and will stay with you through the day and night. This is a fine fragrance for day/evening or casual/dressy.

lilyofthepally
lilyofthepally

I am not ashamed to admit that Pink Sugar was all I wore for a couple years of my life. I know it may be looked down upon as too sweet, or too common, by perfumistas but sweet is what I live for! So you can imagine how excited I was when flankers started coming out.

Gold Sugar was not quite what I was expecting it to be. The coconut and cream notes are quite apparent from the get-go, but coconut is the kiss of death for me when it features so prominently in a fragrance. Disappointed, I put the bottle down and perused the rest of the aisle for something else that could satisfy my sweet tooth. It never occurred to me that I should maybe wear it around for a while and see if the coconut backs off at all, because the original Pink Sugar did not "transform" on me - it was the same from beginning to end, so I assumed Gold Sugar would be like that as well.

It is not a bad scent. Even with the coconut, I could still wear this, it just isn't something I could see myself really LOVING.

Time to track down Sparks and Sensual! Perhaps I will have more luck with those.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

This is a must have perfume for 2013. So far the notes I can only smell are the base, and middle notes, I don't smell the top notes yet besides the orange, and I don't smell any floral notes in Gold Sugar either. I think they should have put brown sugar in the notes, it would of been more sugary, like pink sugar. Maybe next time they will. I do smell both of the creams, which I like very much. This does not smell like caramel like some others have said. I've a few perfumes with caramel, and you can tell the difference between the two. This is one of the best winter scents, that have come out in the last few months. The coconut isn't overpowering in this perfume. In some perfume's the coconut can be very overpowering, and I dislike that. I like the notes to all blend in together. Also some others think that this smells like Harajuku Lovers G I can smell a little resemblance, but Gold Sugar is not the same as G.

Malibu
Malibu

The mandarin is a very long lasting note, that gives the fragrance a subtly fresh feel. The coconut and creme brulee are both present though the entirety of GOLD SUGAR too, so the sweetness is more zesty and creamy, rather then outright sugary.

The floral notes aren't strong enough to stand out from the fruits and creamy vanilla notes. There is a powdery undertone to the fragrance, so I'd guess rose and perhaps peony, but at the end of the day I am just guessing.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the constant trickle of soft fruits, cream and vanilla. The main shift in the direction of the fragrance, is that the creamy notes become cleaner as the musk develops. The notes also become a bit more milkier as the fruit notes die down.

Overall: I like GOLD SUGAR a lot more then I thought I would, and it is quite different from Pink Sugar - not just a quick cash-in release for Christmas. I admit that I still do prefer the original Pink Sugar, but I will buy this gain as the authentic-smelling cream notes make a pleasant change from the originals sugary overtones.

I understand the comparisons between this and Harajuku Lovers G, but the final scents have key differences, so smell totally different on me.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I had so been looking forward to trying this. I had the highest of hopes. But to tell you the truth, the musk and neroli were way too strong for me. It was all I could smell at first. I thought I had possibly sprayed the wrong tester! It has a thick perfumey vibe. When the sugary sweetness finally surfaces it is steeped in neroli, musk, and bitter mandarin rind. It's too serious for me. Too much floral. I was hoping for a creamy fluffy confection. It has a nice projection and very decent longevity though.

merlin
merlin

I was searching for the perfect Christmas perfume. Oh well, I think I founded It!...A sweet mouthwatering fragrance. In my skin all I can smell is CARAMEL . I can't stand the other versions of pink sugar( which remind me a blend of FlowerBomb and Fabtasy) but I like this one.
Creamy, cozy, very sweet but not in a nauseating way as the original PS.

No flowers, no fruits ...only gourmand .
ENJOY IT

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I've just received this as a birthday's gift...I'm so happy! It's soooo cozy and creamy on my skin! A perfect blend of coconut and creme brulée, not synthetic nor
sickening at all, with just a touch of citrus in the beginning. It could be a cross between the new Dolce & gabbana Pour femme and Vanille apricot (Comptoir Sud Pacifique). It remains soft and not very long lasting, but I still like it very much!

Whit
Whit

I finally got to smell this at Sephora the other day. It's nice, but it reminds me of something I've smelled before. After sniffing it all day, it hit me-it smells like the new version of Pour Femme by D&G. To my nose, the dry down smells almost identical. I don't know if this will be a purchase for me as it doesn't really seem all that special nor unique. Don't get me wrong, Gold Sugar smells delicious enough and if you are a gourmand lover, this will be up your alley. It just smells too similar to a frag I already own for me to buy it. Sorry Aquolina, maybe next time!

colours

After having this for a few weeks I just wanted to add; this is definitely a fragrance you might have to get used to. I grow to like it more each time I use it.

If you don't like the citrus bite at the beginning of this fragrance, I suggest you try the Gold Sugar body butter, that smells like the vanilla/coconut dry down of the EDT but not quite as harsh.

iLoVeTHe80s87

I just bought this today. I got the gift set with the Pink Sugar perfume and body lotion and shower gel and Gold Sugar perfume. I'm not a huge fan of the fruity top notes. But beneath that is an awesome creamy coconutty caramel smell. Mmmmmmm :) I really like it!

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I am an original PS lover. I ordered this blind.
Now let me say, I am a sweet-gourmand connoisseur. Love 'em to pieces. I care not about names or trying to smell "mature" or trying to avoid smelling "like a teen." If it smells good it smells good.

I must say, this scent was rather disappointing. When I first sprayed it, I smelled that fake, suntan, car freshener coconut scent that I really hoped it didn't have. I let it dry down some and it got softer, but it appeared that this was the way the coconut would stay on my skin. The vanilla came out more and stole the show, and I spotted some tiny citrus in the background.

And here it is two hours later, and it's gone. Eh. If I smelled this on someone, I wouldn't turn my head or think twice about it.

iLoVeTHe80s87

I smelled this at Sephora on a test strip, and all I got was citrus citrus citrus, with a hint of sugary vanilla. I did not like it. But after reading a few reviews here, maybe I have to wait a while to get the delicious creamy coconut scent.

mandashell
mandashell

Just received mine and it is NICE but I'm not sure if it is a keeper...? o.O As the person below me mentioned, it does smell similar to something I've encountered before.

Gold Sugar has a mild lemon cookie aroma with coconut added for good measure...a Macaroon cookie to be exact. I really don't smell any florals and there is only a dash of citrus in the opening notes. Overall it is a smooth, lightly sweetened and vanilla laden coconut scent.

It lasts about 4hrs on me with minimal sillage. I'm not a huge fan of Pink Sugar or the Sensual but this latest version is kinda boring. :( I'll give it a wear or two before a making my final decision but this one may be on it's way back to Sephora. Oh well!

---Well, I decided to keep since it doesn't smell like anything in my little collection and the final dry down is rather long lasting and yummy. That being said, I WOULD NOT have paid full price for it if I hadn't already ordered it. So if you can get it for half the price then I'd say go for it, lol. :D

chem1cal4r0mance
chem1cal4r0mance

I ordered this from Sephora, and just received it like 30 mins ago finally! Okay, so first spritz....i like it, but i KNOW it smells like something I used to have, and it finally just came to me! Seriously, this smells EXACTLY like Harajuku Lovers G by Gwen Stefani. Now...this isn't a bad thing, but I've already had G and was expecting something completely different from Gold Sugar. I really thought it would be more Creme Brulee, but to me it's definitely more coconut than anything. I was so excited because i LOVE Pink Sugar Sensual, and though I'm a girl - I'm also a fan of the Blue Sugar for men as well. So I had high hopes for this, but it's kind of boring. I hate giving negative reviews because they are always such a downer, and it's not like the juice is TERRIBLE, it just wasn't what I was expecting. It's equivalent to looking forward for dessert but what you get instead is a pina colada. You leave the restaurant feeling cheated.

Guest_sweetgirl
Guest_sweetgirl

yum....Grabbed me a bottle..so yummy , vanilla sugar, better than bbw vanilla sugar ..and this is just creamy and good for holiday time...reminds me of baked sugar cookies with coconut cream...not original scent but just done well for the pink sugar line...pink sugar smells burnt on me so this is better.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

What tropic sugar posted +1. Don't think I could have said it any better than that.

I will say that my daughter didn't know I'd gotten this, and when she smelled it she said I smelled really good, and wanted to know what it was immediately.

dannysmom

This scent is delicious. To briefly summarize it, it's like they took pink sugar sensual and mixed it with Laura Mercier creme brulee. I do not get tropical at all. Instead, it's like a warm and creamy dessert.

Starts out with a burst of citrus, sugar, and creme brulee. Like I said above, I can also detect a little pink sugar sensual. I don't get any coconut until the drydown; but even then, it doesn't scream tropical suntan lotion. It's more like a coconut used in baking. The drydown is amazing, with lots of creme brulee, sandalwood and vanilla. It's sugary, creamy, and smells edible.

Longevity is not as good as pink sugar. It's probably about the same as pink sugar sensual on me. About 5 hours. I can still smell it (I'm at the 6 hour mark), but it's pretty faint now. It's so delicious, I would happily reapply though. I'm happy I made this blind purchase.

colours

This definitely doesn't smell like any fragrance I've come across. It is like a warm, creamy, rich, sophisticated older sister to Pink Sugar. The perfect combination of citrus and coconut.

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I just received this today from sephora.It really is a warm gourmand with a white floral tropical feel.It is much more grown up then the other pink sugars.The gourmand notes are subtle and well blended imo.There is a lot of citrus and neroli and orange blossom with the coconut cream giving it a orange dreamsicle like smell but this is not super sweet.There is a similarity to versace crystal noir and armani code with the white floral and woodsy notes.This fragrance is more dressy and maybe a little mysterious as well.I would wear this year round.This would really smell yummy in the summertime as well as in the cooler months.This fragrance is not your normal sugar bomb.This is a warm creamy tropical gourmand without a suntan lotion smell.I really love this fragrance.If you like citrus,orange blossom,neroli and cream this is a citrus dreamsicle in a bottle with a touch of coconut.Beautiful!

Riss1028
Riss1028

I just received Gold sugar today from Sephora. I first can smell a little citrus but then right away the coconut and creme brulee. The floral notes are there but just lingering in the backround. All around a nice scent, nothing special. It almost reminds me of a mix between APS Sensual and Rihanna Reb'l Fleur.

dannysmom

This is available at Sephora in the US right now. I just ordered mine.

almarie
almarie

Is this out yet? I have not seen it. I thought it was to be in stores in 2013.

peonia
peonia

I don't like it!!!!! It doesen't have a long duration

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aquolina Gold Sugar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aquolina Gold Sugar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gold Sugar by Aquolina. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gold Sugar by Aquolina represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.