Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Pink Sugar Sparks Aquolina for women

Pink Sugar Sparks Aquolina for women
dislike

Pink Sugar Sparks Aquolina for women Pictures

Pink Sugar Sparks by Aquolina is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Pink Sugar Sparks was launched in 2012. Top notes are bergamot, tea, peach and raspberry; middle notes are jasmine, freesia, rose and orchid; base notes are musk, patchouli, vanilla and coffee.

Bergamot Tea Peach Raspberry

Flowerbomb Extreme 2013

Pink Sugar Sparks Fragrance Reviews

AmandaGuerra
AmandaGuerra

Just got my delivered, am not saying will smell like this in everyone, however on my skin is very similar to La Vie Est Belle it does not have the evolution of LVEB but is so similar that after 1 hour wearing almost impossible to tell difference, also very similar to Flowerbomb. ... really really love it, already ordered another one since the bottle is only 50 ml, is very cheap and worth a try!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sweet but not as sweet as the original. The coffee isn't too strong but comes in with a lot of sweet sugar. The patchouli is smooth but strong. Sweet raspberry rounds out the scent. Long lasting sugared patchouli-fruit scent, I wish the coffee was a little stronger though. It's more in the background than the other notes.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Here I am to share my love for this fragrance!
Sugared cattelya orchid, smooth ground coffee, vanilla and peach fuzz. The same floral heart as flowerbomb, hints of raspberry that remind me of the raspberry in oriens, a tiny hint of green tea, and a nice smooth patchouli.
Lasts 6 hours or even more. Well worth the money. I love the touch of coffee in here the very best, really adds that extra something. Love it! Very happy to have it in my collection.
This does indeed sparkle, like flowerbomb it is fairly effervescent. Although not nearly as sparkly as flowerbomb with flowerbomb's strange not vanilla sweetness. Sugar Sparks on the other hand just goes straight to the vanilla.
Flowerbomb is certainly a fair comparison to the fragrance but they are not identical twins IMO.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

Opens with sugar (cattleya orchid), generic sweet vanilla. No depth. I get a little floral in the background after it warms up, rose and jasmine. Not enough to cut the sweet though. On my skin it's a sweet cloying mess. Definitely not for me.

Megpeg
Megpeg

Boy oh boy did I want this perfume. I couldn't wait to experience the coffee note along with the fruity floral spicy scent I knew pink sugar sparks would be... Sadly no matter what the notes say the is plain pink sugar only minus the staying power. There are far better scents from this brand, I returned my bottle within days.

raw umber
raw umber

Is it weird that I find Pink Sugar Sparks meditative? Lol! I mean, it's a 20 dollar fruitchouli but it doesn't smell cheap, and it also doesn't contain head shop levels of patch by any means. The patchouli is somewhat assertive yet modest, soft and airy, cushioned by vanilla and freshened by raspberry. It starts off with a dry bitter tinge of bergamot peel and bold raspberry candy, moves through a channel of coffee caramel, and ends in sugary vanilla, while patchouli holds your hand the entire way. Still though, there is something in this nonlinear scent which reminds me of late afternoon. Why is it so calming? Is there Valium in this?...One spray is ample and it lasts forever. A multi-dimensional meditation on sweetness.

Glamamour
Glamamour

As soon as you open the bottle it smells like when you walk into an expensive boutique! It`s very sweet and sexy but also with a hint of freshness, like I said it reminds me of new clothing, or a new bag, I love it! I love patchouli and vanilla so this is the perfect combo. It lasts a pretty long while so this is really worth your money, I highly would suggest this if you have a girly personality. I don`t, but I love how it can transform me instantly into a prim and proper lady. This is good for either day or night. Seriously try it, if you love Flowerbomb you will love this! I feel like it`s the toned down version, I prefer this hands down!

naz6
naz6

it smells like A*MEN thierry mugler

KaseyC
KaseyC

It opens with sharp peach and raspberry. The drydown is sweet patchouli and vanilla. I honestly could not pick any floral notes from the scent. If you love sweet patchouli and vanilla, you would love it. But I'd highly recommend Berdoues Vanille Vanille or Berdoues Cacao Vanille, which is cheaper and more earthy and natural in my opinion.

I would like to add that this perfume is very strong and longlasting. I only sprayed once on a paper strip and once on my wrist and I can smell it strong in my room after 4 hours.

ohrite
ohrite

I got this in the mail today and I have to say I really, really like it. Actually I love it.

On me it's a completely wonderful mix of vanilla, coffee, patchouli and musk. And a funny thing is, a couple of days ago I smelled this amazing scent on one of my sweaters and I immediately started to try and find out what it was since none of my perfumes smell like that. And the very same second I sprayed this on me I recognized it! It was the scent I'd been looking for.

When I think about it now I believe the wonderful smell on my sweater might be a love baby of Flowerbomb and Gold sugar, which I own and adore. However, Flowerbomb can be a bit sharp to my nose sometimes and the drydown isn't as lovely on me as on my sister who rocks it totally. (And finding a softer version of Flowerbomb was actually the reason why I decided to blind buy this).

This really is a softer version of Flowerbomb to my nose and I've honestly never been more satisfied with a blind buy as I am with this! LOVE <3

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

This really just smells like warm cotton candy and faint patchouli to me.

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

Pink sugar + patchouli. It's ok, but not for me. I prefer the original, which is less sharp.

torkwan
torkwan

I just received this today, and I really love it and It smells so good, though, I can't stop smelling my wrist! It's definitely different from the original Pink Sugar, but you can still tell that it comes from the same family. I had Flowerbomb, and I can definitely say that it does not smell the same, but they do have similarities (Patchouli and vanilla).

This starts out fresh and fruity, then BAM--vanilla and coffee kick in and it becomes absolutely warm and sweet. SO incredibly sexy and more mature than Pink Sugar. Not as sweet as the original, and I think the patchouli helps with that. Also, the patchouli is not overwhelming--very linear throughout to balance the overall scent.

Overall, I think this is great. Silage and longevity are great (I sprayed 2 spritzes on my wrist at 12 and now it's 11:08 pm and I can STILL smell it when I wave my hands in my face).

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I own both, Flowerbomb only in a sample size but a big bottle is in the works! Flowerbomb on me is warm, slightly sweet, vanilla and spices with hints of white flowers and jasmine...PSS is a total nightmare of patchouli, I barely even detect patchouli in Flowerbomb, so on me these two are not even close.

Edited to add: today I did a side by side (wrist by wrist) ;0) of PSS and Flowerbomb, they still to my nose are not terribly close, but I am developing a liking to PSS! The patchouli that wacked me in the nose last time is barely noticable today, thank goodness (it is the heavy patchouli that keeps me from adoring Angel!). I can't really compare PSS to anything, it does smell a bit like Pink Sugar but darker, more musky?? It is a nice scent but it doesn't last long (my skin is notorious for eating perfume!), I'm on hour two and can only smell it if my nose is within an inch of my wrist.....though the Flowerbomb on my other wrist and chest could be drowning it out. I may try FB and PSS layered, they seem like they might be compatable. I bumped my "dislike" to a "like" for PSS....still not a love, but not as horrid as I remember.

MonaThorbourne

I have both Flowerbomb and Pink Sugar Sparks, and they are definately not the same whatsoever. Flowerbomb far surpasses Sparks.... :-(

faubel
faubel

I did a side-by-side with this and Flowerbomb and they smelled so similar I don't think I'd be able to tell which one I had on, if someone just sprayed me with one of them. This has the same rich, vanilla, sweet, a bit flowery and floral but just mostly sugary thing going on. The patchouli is very tame and smooth. The longevity is excellent. I'm so thrilled I found this! I was not looking forward to paying Flowerbomb prices.

MonaThorbourne

I LOVE Pink Sugar, so ordered this one to give it a try. Love the smell, but not strong enough and doesn't last long.... such a pity. :-(

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

This is just a gorgeous scent. It is warm, sweet..but not overly so and mature. It is a fragrance that would be suitable for either daytime or evening wear. Sparks is a perfume that could easily be chosen for a person's signature fragrance. For the price, it is a steal.

Maslina
Maslina

Blind buy this cant hardly wait to receive this!

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

Beautiful scent. I owned Flowerbomb in the 100ml bottle and wore it all thru last fall/winter. I loved that scent but wen I went bak to repurchase, i saw that the price had gone up about 20-30$ (not sure but I kno it wasn't that pricey..I think I paid 130 for the full sized bottle n now it's 150). Though 20-30$ isn't that big of a difference, it is enough for me to not repurchase. I couldn't spray too many of spritz's of Flowerbomb without smelling like passing out. It can become much to heavy. Pink sugar sparks DOES smell like Flowerbomb without the extreme heaviness ( which sometimes made me feel like an old lady). PSS actually opens up with a brightness that Flowerbomb seems to lack for me. Then the dry down is jst warm sweetness that is most reminiscent of V&R's Flowerbomb. I am going to repurchase this for sure...n have a few backups too. Btw I woke in a hospital n work 12hr shifts constantly moving n running around. After 12 looooong hectic hours I can still smell that warm sweetness that is oh soooo comforting to me.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Sweet cotton candy is what I smell. Not like pink sugar which has more depth. Pretty linear sweet. Good but rather gold sugar or pink sugar.

poivrerose
poivrerose

AWESOME! Blind buy...love at first sniff! Will definetly be draining this bottle. Although I might save it for September and October because it seems more like an autumn scent. This is probably the most successful blind buy I've ever had. And honestly, it was literally a last minute discovery and add to cart! I'm so pleased.
Now, for my description. I honestly don't get any of the opening fruits, citruses, or tea. It goes straight to a yummy and scrumptious deep dark sweet vanilla( which actually smells more like tonka to me), a syrup sweetened cafe latte, and just the slightest hint of perfectly done patchouli. Maybe a hint of orchid and musk. Kind of reminds me of a sticky sweet musky toffee? This definitely is along the lines of Bond I Heart New York, Flowerbomb etc.- except this is extremely inexpensive and satisfying! It kind of reminds me of Rebelle too, but with its opening and drydown morphed into one very nicely balanced scent. This is an A+ in my book. If you like the fragrances I mentioned above, you will probably like this too. Giddy smiles for Sugar Sparks :)

bnporter81
bnporter81

This was a blind buy for me and I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed. My first Aquolina buy was Gold Sugar, which I LOOOOVE! But at first on me this one smelled mostly like menthol...I'm not sure if that's from the tea, musk, or what. I waited about 15 minutes and the menthol smell faded somewhat, but this definitely isn't one of my favorites so far. Maybe it's just my body chemistry.

cnotche
cnotche

I ordered this perfume based on the numerous positive reviews. I was very excited to receive it, as I very much adore FlowerBomb but can't bring myself to spend the $150 for it.

Well, at first delightful whiff, I knew this one was a winner.

It smells almost exactly like FlowerBomb, but there are a few distinct differences. To write an honest review, the first day I wore only the Pink Sugar Sparks. The next day I wore Sparks on one arm and FlowerBomb on the other to compare notes throughout the day, plus longevity and sillage.

Both scents have similar sillage that is heavy for the first fifteen minutes, and mellows out to a moderate sillage for the next several hours. They also both lasted throughout my work day, though Sparks still had a sweet vanilla scent clinging to my skin after FlowerBomb had given up the ghost.

The most obvious note-difference is the intense vanilla and coffee in Sparks, though this difference wasn't noticeable until the dry-down of both scents. I actually prefer this, as I prefer gourmands to florals. Both scents have a strong patchouli opening, followed by spicy floral mids. The vanilla comes out after the scent has been on my skin for a while, and it is sweet but not cloying. Flower Bomb stayed a floral in its final song on my arm. Sweet, very pleasant, but I still like the vanilla better.

Between the similar sillage, the almost identical opening, and comparable longevity, I highly suggest Pink Sugar Sparks if you are looking for a less costly alternative to FlowerBomb. At $22 (Ebay), it's a fantastic buy, even on its own merit. I prefer it to FlowerBomb and will definitely be buying more when I run out.

larita91
larita91

"peaches and cream"
I know it depends on body chemistry, but on me it is heavy vanille and some fruits, raspberry and peach. Don't get me wrong, it is not a childish parfume, more like the grown up version of pink sugar (you can definiately tell that they're relatives). Very very sweet, but not like a candy, more like a milkshake. :)
After a little time it becomes a little bit deeper, I don't know which note is responsible for that, coffee or patchouli maybe.
On me the sillage is quite good, but not too strong, and the lasting power is about 6 hours, however I really like to spay it around me every 3-4 hours just for sniffing. :)
After all it is a nice, but very sweet vanille smell. If you like gourmand scent, I bet you're gonna like this.

dormir6
dormir6

As I don't know Flowerbomb I find it similar to Lancome La vie est belle...not totally, but reminds me. It's delicately sweet, stays close to the skin, and despite its sweetness it's not overwhelming. Sugary fruits, measured with good taste.

piluna
piluna

A sweet warm patchouli scent mixed with a light hint of coffee and vanilla mixed with some flower notes and sweetness that maybe comes from the bergamot and rasberry. Very warm comforting enjoyable scent.

Can't beat the price. Even if sillage is not the most long lasting you can respray it anyway. And because of the bottle it is easy to carry in your handbag (big plus)!

Thumbs up for this one :)

kirtylou
kirtylou

I know everyone is saying this, but this truly does smell JUST LIKE FLOWERBOMB. I got a 1.7 oz tester on ebay for $21.00. Can't beat it. It might not last QUITE as long as Flowerbomb, but for this price, who cares? I have been wearing it for 9 hours and I can still smell it a little bit. Very nice, one of my new favorites for the lovely scent and price. Much more wearable than the original Pink Sugar.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I am a flowerbomb lover and too broke to break the bank for a bottle of it. This sounds like it would do me for the time being, but they need to make this available in the UK ASAP or I will not be a happy bunny! >:(

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Love it, is a great (and cheaper) substitute for Flowerbomb :) This one is also easyer to throw in a bag, because of its shape (the little black stamp-ish thingy broke of my Flowerbomb bottle when I carried in a travelbag)

This one is in my opinion pretty much identical to Flowerbomb, maybe this one is more coffee, but thats all :)

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Really happy and glad that there is a good dupe of Flowerbomb in this one. Cause it is cheaper than Flowerbomb :D

Arielrose
Arielrose

I just got this perfume today and it's amazing! I agree with others who are saying it's a dupe of Flowerbomb. That is a favorite of mine and this is so similar you almost can't tell a difference. When I frist sprayed it, I was worried because it had an almost 'powdery' scent at first, but that went away very quickly. I can't detect the coffee note, but the overall effect is perfect. This has a wonderful vanilla and tea undertone - the entire combination is exactly what I like a perfume to be! Not as strongly intense as Pink Sugar, which makes it good for a more subtle scent. It is sweet, but not too much and has the depth and warmth that make it pretty much 'perfect' for me. And definitely a happier price than Flowerbomb ;)

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

WOW indeed bookish beauty!
all these topics that start with affordable yet smell like $$$ should always include the AQUOLINA line.
as much as i love flowerbomb i simply cannot spend the 15O$ to have the luxury of it on person.
sparks is its twin at <$.
the sillage is pumped up to the max!
i expected a praline/toffee note in this but now i see its actually the coffee note.
the vanilla and rapberry are incredibly sweet, thankfully the patchouli gives it a much needed maturity otherwise this could have easily veered off into kiddieland.
to sum this up:
its a gorgeous, adult gourmand, a dupe of flowerbomb, with monster lasting power and sillage at a very afforbale price point.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

WOW is what I thought upon first spraying Pink Sugar Sparks...as a lover of sweet scents that have a hint of darkness in them, this is absolutely my perfect gourmand. The patchouli tempers the sweetness just enough, without really calling attention to itself, and it's more peppery than hippie. Sugared raspberries come out after the first sweet, peppery phase. I really don't smell too much similarity to the original Pink Sugar, other than that they are equally sweet--but where the original is cotton candy and licorice, this is raspberry ice cream on a waffle cone, with a side of sweet tea. I do smell the tea in the top and heart. Very long-lasting on my skin (8+ hours), with good sillage for hours of that time. *sigh* I love it.

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

The patchouli, coffee and vanilla come out on me and last a long time. It's wonderful.

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

Even though I can't stand patchouli, I'm kinda interested in seeing what this smells like. Is this available at any stores aside from amazon and ebay?! And aside from Nordstrom because there are none in my state.

janine76
janine76

Very Nice fragrance considering it reminds me of my favorite fragrance-Flowerbomb-Viktor & Rolf
Not sure if it lasts quite as long as the flowerbomb, im yet to try on my skin,
this fragrance very similar to original-pink sugar, but notr quite as sickly sweet. I love it and will consider buying this next instead of my usual signature scent-Flowerbomb!!!

chem1cal4r0mance
chem1cal4r0mance

I really liked this scent, however it just didn't last long on me. I brought a small size to work and had to spray it a few times every couple hours just to smell it. Does anyone know of something similar with better longevity?? xD

Whit
Whit

I finally got this today from Nordies and yes, it was a blind buy. While I like it, I don't know if I want to keep it. On my skin, the tea note lasts forever and that bothers me a little. Finally the dry down comes and I can barely smell the vanilla and coffee which is a little disappointing as well. The lasting power is pretty good though so that's one thing going for it. I wish my skin didn't hold on to that tea note for so long; if it didn't it would be perfect. This one is totally different from the other Pink Sugars; it's a little "darker' if that makes sense, and that's not a bad thing either. It was really warm today (upper 80's with high humidity) when I wore it, so that could have something to do with bringing out the tea note more. As of right now, I'm still on the fence about keeping it; I may send it back. I really want to wait until cooler weather to try it again, so I will definitely update.

UPDATE: Well, I ended up sending this back to Nordies a few days ago to exchange it for something else. I wish it had worked with my skin, but the tea note was something I just didn't want in this fragrance and my skin just held on to that note for dear life. I don't have anything bad to say about it, other than I wish it had worked for me.

I agree with Jonr951. Bond No. 9 NY for All is a good comparison, but I couldn't tolerate that one because it had much too much black pepper in the base. So Pink Sugar Sparks it a better fit for me.

jonr951

Ok I'm probably the only one and a little crazy but Sparks reminds me of the Bond No. 9 NY for all! The black bottle. I REALLY want that one so now I'm just going to get Sparks and say I'm wearing the Bond! Haha I'm bad! : )
Oh and I officially think I like it more than the original. : )

Oh WOW! If you are turned off by the heavy licorice in the original Pink Sugar, you must give this a shot. Sparks is just as potent and every bit as delicious as the original. In comparison to Pink Sugar Sensual, Sparks is stronger and has lots of raspberry. I didn't find Sensual to be gourmand, but Sparks is definitely "edible" like the original. It starts out smelling very sweet with a bit of fruit. Be sure to wait for the drydown! Instead of creamy caramel like the first Pink Sugar, the drydown is mostly rich vanilla with a whisper of cappuccino. It reminds me a bit of a waffle cone. Just DELICIOUS!!!

dannysmom

I thought I would mention that while I do love the perfume, the matching body lotion has a weird smell to it. It's almost a plastic-milky scent. I definitely prefer the edt, and kind of regret the additional purchase of the lotion.

dannysmom

I received this today. It starts out beautifully, and is almost a dark pink sugar. It's like they took a mix of pink sugar and ps sensual, and added patchouli to it. I like patchouli, so it works for me. A couple of times I thought I detected the tea, but it's so faint that it didn't bother me (I generally don't like tea in perfumes).

In the drydown, the patchouli mellows and goes softer. The coffee and vanilla kick in on me, and I love it! Now I want to buy the lotion and shower gel too. Gorgeous scent! Not sure I would want to wear this on a hot summer day, but I will love wearing it in the fall or a summer evening. It's a keeper!

Edit- I'm wearing it today in hot/humid weather. It's actually working just fine. Love it more and more!

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I finally got to try this. They just got it in at Nordies. I have to say, I was super excited but once I tried it, I was a bit disappointed. The sample is totally adorable on the outside, but as soon as I sprayed it, I was thinking, "This is supposed to be a Pink Sugar flanker??!!". I mean, it really smells nothing at all like the original. I mean nothing. I get a TON of musk and tea, a little vanilla, a decent dose of patchouli, some freesia in there somewhere, and maybe a hint of raspberry. The scent almost smells watered down, which is a huge contrast to Pink Sugar, which is in your face with an attack of sweetness. The scent is MUCH LESS sweet than the original, or even PS Sensual. I mean I barely get sweetness. Aquolina is supposed to be the one who can bring the sugar, if you know what I mean, but all I get is a hint of sweet fruityness. I was a bit saddened by my experience, and alas, I will not buy this.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I've waiting for sooooo long to try this one...and now I'm disappointed. On my skin it's very similar to Pink Sugar Sensual... + patchouli, that I personally hate :( It's very very sweet and very longlasting.

jonr951

A NEW Pink Sugar?! Exciting! I truly cannot wait! : )

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

I wonder why Aquolina removes its branding on its perfumes here in North America? It's a bit odd, no?

Pink Sugar Sparks by Aquolina 3.95 out of 5 based on 189 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aquolina Pink Sugar Sparks fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Aquolina Pink Sugar Sparks, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pink Sugar Sparks by Aquolina. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pink Sugar Sparks by Aquolina represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.