Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Kalemat Arabian Oud for women and men

Kalemat Arabian Oud for women and men
dislike

honey

Kalemat by Arabian Oud is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Top notes are blueberry and anise; middle notes are rosemary, cashmere wood and floral notes; base notes are musk, amber and honey.

Blueberry Anise

Azhan

lovely smell ..long lasting

chabb mghayar
chabb mghayar

Personally I didn't like this perfume as the sweet notes, mainly honey and vanilla, tend to intensify on my skin and this fragrance turns far too sweet.
A beautiful fragrance on others, but unfortunately it doesn't sit well on my skin.

shadisamra
shadisamra

Kalemat, means words in Arabic, and this fragrance says it all, a legendary perfume from Arabian Oud, it is the most famous Arabic perfume ever
i'm not a fan of vanilla but this blends makes it very lovely and enticing
the fragrance is unisex and long lasting
well done

Stenklover
Stenklover

I bought this off of Amazon last year, Arabian Oud includes gifts with purchase and customer service is excellent. This to me reminds me of a gentleman's saloon-deep, leathery, amber resin smoke golden warm mysterious. If you don't like strong golden tobacco smells avoid this. Incredibly powerful and long lasting, more than two sprays and the people sitting next to you will complain. Love.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Amber honey sweetness dominates this fragrance that it smells like a sweet pastry from a bakery. It does remind me a lot of 24 Gold from scent story.

If you like very sweet fragrances then this one is very nice and enticing.

MoonSparrow
MoonSparrow

In a thread I posted asking for a honey-amber fragrance that might match a scented shea butter I have, MonRepos suggested this. I found a 10 ml decant on ebay and ordered it blind. Of course it took a long time to arrive from Kuwait (3+ weeks) and I sampled several other suggestions in the interim. But none can beat this!

Quite honestly though, when I first sprayed it I was dubious. It seemed awfully strong and musky; I couldn't smell any honey or amber. I tried again a few days later; same thing but this time I gave it more time (sprayed on at bedtime). When I awoke, I was in love with the scent and wanted more. So I've worn it two days straight now, and here is what I get: Strong musky notes predominate all others for the first hour, then it smooths out into a sweet, rich honeyed floral, a bit dirty and animalic. Think of Bal a Versailles toned down a notch and made a tad fresher.

After about 4 hours its sweet, lovely amber comes through and I am in heaven. Included with my order was a 4ml decant of the oil, and it is immediately sweeter and more floral than the spray perfume. Unlike many oils, it lasts a very long time on my skin and it is so nice to have it to layer with the spray.

A comment on the listed notes here: the berry note is bilberry, not blueberry. They are in the same family but bilberry grows in colder climates - Poland, Iceland, Finland and some in Ireland (I looked it up). Cashmere wood is listed though I do not smell any of that.

This fragrance is warm and sexy, strong but not overpowering, and longevity is forever. Sillage? I walked around in my own little cloud and could smell it all day. I don't know how anyone else felt about it, but I am crazy for it!

Mohammed Ahmed
Mohammed Ahmed

The best that Arabian oud has to offer.. High quality outstanding performance smells delicious semi gourmand not sickly sweet slightly spicy...... Great price too

adam.naperty
adam.naperty

I remember when i first bought a small sample of it and from the first sniff it blew me away.Very exotic,smooth,sweet,slighlty citrusy and spicy.Just perfect and the dry down was absolutely divine.After 24 hours passed I coudnt stop sniffing my clothes.I could happily just wear the dry down on its own for the rest of my life.However few months later I went to London Arabian Oud shop and after sniffing many other fragrances I coudnt find anything that could top that wonderful sample.So I bought a bottle and sprayed twice on my hair.I was really suprised and upset that I coudnt find the same smell as before.As if it was the same yet different perfume.I could smell musk,woods,amber but there was something missing that I cant put my finger on.Now a year later when there is about 20 ml left I must say that it was never, not even once the same scent as the beautiful sample I smelled before.So when someone mentioned it has been reformulated as that person has old and new bottle and can tell the difference it became clear to me that it must have been the case.Im going to the AO shop in next couple of weeks but if its same Kalemat as the one I have at home will not purchase again unfortunately.If someone has the old bottle and wouldn`t mind to share a 1ml to sample it I would be grateful:)Other than that it was very long lasting and strong but pleasant smell.Nothing like before but still nice.Thank you

balilili
balilili

long lasting? i can smell on my jacket after 1 week. My first experience,smell is difficult to like it. Strong,heavy,acrid. and And then ,every I smell this i like more,more and more... Now, i love this fragrance.

Diaz Randanil
Diaz Randanil

the first time i went to Arabian Oud shop in Makkah i got Kalemat and Kalemat Black for test, and more of their other collection. i sprayed it at the back of my left hand and the Kalemat Black at the right, and another EDP and attars in another spot.
the monsterous but beautiful projection of Black Kalemat taken over another perfume i have applied and moreover i could hardly smell any other perfume that night. so i instantly purchased a bottle of that gem.
several weeks later i went to Arabian Oud again to compare Kalemat and Kalemat Black side by side and wasn't trying another of their collection. and again, i was only smell Kalemat Black in my left hand and could only smell Kalemat faintly.
and several days later before I was leaving Saudi, i went to Arabian Oud shop again to try Kalemat only. i was surprised that night when finally i clearly could smell Kalemat projects beautifully. it reminds me of opening brand new sealed book combined with velvety honey+amber and that's the first time i got real olfactorgasm to that opulent, expensive, smooth luxurious fragrance. i didn't know how Cashmere wood smells like, but i thought the smooth new book notes of it was how Cashmere wood smell.
the next day when i was arrived to Indonesia, after good hot shower i sprayed 4 times in my neck and chest at 09.00AM and was going to work. i could clearly smell that luxurious scent all day long with moderate projection and didn't even get cloying although it was sweet and the weather was hot and humid. and i didn't get showered until next morning i woke up and still can clearly smell it with me. and i hang my shirt for several days before i throw my dirty clothes to my machine wash i was surprised i could smell it on my shirt i was wearing that day and couldnt resist to smell the good aroma of velvety honeyed new book before i finally started laundrying.

for SAR 150 or USD 40 or feels like USD 60 after Rupiah inflation (SAR 300 before discount) it's literally my best bang to the bucks of all my collection as a beginner. i love kalemat black too but i thought i'm more addicted to Kalemat.
scent: 20/10
Sillage:8/10
Projection: 9/10
Longevity:10/10
price: 100/10
packaging:9/10 the book shaped box totally ensemblence with the juice
blind buy worthy: yes!
full bottle worthy: absolutely yes!

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

My NEW signature scent......Kalemat. I have 135 bottled fragrances...close to 200 counting samples and decants. This and Wisal are my NEW favs. Went on Vacation to Va/Tysons Corner. If I hadnt did either....I would be missing out of something special. Armani Prive Cuir Amethyst and Byredo 1996 were my last 2 SS's....since I decided that was possible.

liverpoolism

Thanks God that I've got 2 bottles from the old juice...Recently purchased a new bottle but seems it's been reformulated to a cheap oud quality...Go for the old formula & don't touch the new one!

zanbaq
zanbaq

such a beautiful perfume , it`s began with warm anise , when precious basil wait in the heart , the richness of ( cashmeran ) molecule , give the fragrance very excited character you never can smell in any other perfume , when most perfumes depend on vanilla between musk and amber , arabian oun have invent this honey odor to make it like no other of the perfumes , zanbaqperfumes.myshopify.com

Zeyad
Zeyad

High quality. Heavy.
At first I liked the scent, it is a little common though at where I live.
I sprayed a couple of sprays on my clothes, a few hours later I couldn't stand its heaviness anymore, it is too much fore my nose. made me change my clothes once I came home.
also its projection is very strong, stronger than I would like.
one spray is more than enough.
my personal review:
night, 30+.

10/10 quality
3/10 Versatility, only for occasions.
5/10 scent
6/10 overall,

EmmaZumba
EmmaZumba

The longest lasting fragrance in history, even with just one spray. Loads of amber and cashmere wood with very vanilla'd honey. Very sweet vanilla wood. I get no blueberry or rose. Very masculine.

NobodyNose
NobodyNose

This gorgeous smelling fragrance is delight to my nostrils, it is very smooth & sweet.

Definitely think that both sexes could pull this one off & that it is most suitable for the fall or winter.

Worn it for about 15 hours now, on my wrist
& it is still is quite strong, but not overwhelmingyly so

I'd give this fragrance a 9/10

DR521
DR521

This is a golden spicy amber oriental that opens with a fruit (blueberry) note sweetening an accord of tobacco accented amber and spice--spice in the vein of nutmeg and pepper and maybe a touch of clove. It's sheer like Amouage Fate though not as rich. It's airy and has an immense across-the-room sillage when first applied. The musk is slightly animalic and adds to the spicy amber and tobacco feel of the heart. Kalemat is never cloying or overwhelming, and dries down to a dusty wood, which I realized smells a lot like paper (hence Kalemat=The Word?) This papery wood feeling contributes to its leaning masculine. It's a solid dry down, I like it, but it's not my favorite, as Sehr Kalemat has more vanilla, which makes it a little more delicious. That said this is an excellent amber fragrance, and extremely reasonable in price. I have the Kalemat Amber and Kalemat Floral oils as well.

If you are looking for something like this but leaning more feminine Telaal al Nabeel is an excellent well priced and complex fragrance that really feels related. All of these are great, and if you like good amber fragrances it's hard to go wrong with Kalemat.

JAY1025
JAY1025

I just got in my bottle today and to me Kalemat smells exactly like a perfume spray version of Rasasi's Sharina. I expecting it to have a more woody smell but it's very sweet and musky. It's still a great fragrance but I have owned Rasasi's Sharina perfume oil previously and Arabian Oud's Kalemat smells practically identical. Buy a bottle of Sharina and you will definitely understand what I mean.

drouhin
drouhin

Syrupy amber of Alien Essence Absolue with dashes of herbs a la Ambre Sultan, only less cloyingly sweet than the Alien and less "pizza-shop" than AS. The top notes of herbs and flowers are pleasantly sheer, bringing a lightness and radiance. Very friendly and wearable, totally unisex, no oud at all to my nose. Nice!

Vintagegal
Vintagegal

Absolutely love this perfume, inexpensive and lasts long. The scent is gorgeous, I initially felt like it was more of a woman's perfume however my husband fell in love with kalemat also and sprays it on himself once in a while, and he smells so deliciously intoxicating. So yeah, definitely unisex. Just don't wear it when your wife is too ;)

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I am, quite frankly, SHOCKED by the price at which this can be had. This is HIGH QUALITY. Serious stuff! Sweet, spicy, woody, perfect. I don't smell oud at any point in this. I feel like for the quality, this should cost MUCH MORE.

Pare159
Pare159

This is a great fragrance. Similar to 24 gold, but different. Here's why, this has a resinous cinnamon spice that is very warm, but airy. I catch dry wafts of cookie crumbs, smells more like the oatmeal cookies with frosting when you were a kid with fragments of big red chewing gum fading as you wear it. As cold air passes I get wafts of gasoline from time to which I find amusing. The scent last for approximately 16 hours and I have dry skin. Projects for a good 6 hours but the scent bubble gets smaller as time permits. Mind you it is winter. To update as seasons change

ndajani2013
ndajani2013

I bought a full bottle based on the glowing reviews and the great packaging.

I must be the only person who does not like this. I wore it 3 days in a row and really wanted to like it since it is obvious it is made of high-quality ingredients.

Unfortunately, for me, this is way too sweet. I guess the blueberry, honey and musk notes are just not for me.

My favorite fragrances at the moment are Encre Noir and Terre D'Hermes Parfum and Kalemat (means "words" in Arabic) is just cloying for my taste.

Being of Arabic descent, I really wanted to like this. No luck.

It lasts forever and projects very well. I would like to swap this if anyone is interested.

Thecameltotem
Thecameltotem

Well been on for like 2 hours and still smells exactly like 24 gold.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

"the" perfume of perfumes
No words can describe this extraordinary perfume. This magical combination of notes are quite intoxicating. You want to smell yourself and taste you at the same time. Unique, magical, superb with a wonderful lasting power. I am astonished and surprised altogether. A miracle in a bottle. Bravo!!!!

Sunnn
Sunnn

This is a masterpiece! Warm, relaxing,sensual, misterious. I can't stop sniffing this scent. i LOVE LOVE lOVE lOVE this one!
It's one of the few fragrances that i really love. It turns every moment into a special moment!

EDIT. If you love Kalemat, probably you'll love Kalemat Wood even more. It's faboulous!

Alina K15
Alina K15

Beautiful perfume,even though from a Saudi perfume house, it does not smell heavy, heady or strong.
It is nice, rather comforting and to me it smells more European-French in particular-I would say :)!
It reminds me a bit of my favourite Jil Sander no 4!

Roge'
Roge'

If you're familiar with Fragrances from this part of the world, you would know the note listing pretty much gives you an idea of what you're getting in to hence making blind buying feasible. For instance, the combo of Amber/wood/musk and/or Vanilla/wood/musk tend to have that familiar SCENTSTORY24 vibe. I found Kalemat to be a little unsurprising and familiar at the same time. This is probably one of the best predictable scents blind money can buy. This opens with a soothing velvety wood which can easily be mistaken for vanilla and if you concentrate on the scent long enough, you can detect jammy blueberries intertwined in its musky essence. There's Honey, Honey and more Honey! A matter of fact, one spritz is equivalent to a 5 pound bee hive so monitor your usage. Over time, the immersed amber becomes more luscious making it easier for your nose to get lost in your skin. 18hrs later, the true transformation takes place and the musk is at full tilt thus dispelling all the early comparisons to SCENTSTORY24. At no point does Kalemat ever becomes a skin scent(well maybe if you wore if for 2 days straight but that means 48hrs with no shower). For a side note: This is the big brother to TELAAL NABEEL. Prepare your credit cards now!

word-doctor
word-doctor

PoBJ's review is far more detailed and comprehensive than I could hope to be. I've played around with Arabic essential oils a bit, with my best experiment involving a little "wood oil" on top of Yatagan--couldn't get more macho if I tried. With Kalemat AO (sampled from a reputable source), I get a profound honey with all of the other notes making themselves known; it is like they remain in their own columns or spheres, to be picked out on demand, yet create an overwhelming composition. This one really is like music, with every instrument playing harmony to the others.

So, it's good. But it IS overwhelming. I've worn it several times in hot weather or even in AC-cooled indoors, and it is a sillage and longevity monster. You're going to get noticed. And I almost think it would be even more noticeable in colder weather, like the notes would ring clearer in the colder, drier air.

Short story is that I like it and can see wearing it on isolated occasions: a Pakestani wedding, a Citizens United for Israel bakesale, or a half-marathon. The thing is, such events can't include my wife because she doesn't like it much. Doesn't hate it, but definitely gives it thumbs down. The only thing I've worn that KAO resembles is Amouage Tribute oil; she liked that because of the Marlboro ashtray accord. I think the amber and blueberry in KAO sweeten it up too much for her.

Scent: 7/3 (mine/hers)
Sillage: 10/10

Scent

dremerick

On sale at Amazon.com for $59.99 + $16.48 shipping direct from Arabian Oud. Great price.
Also received a reply to an email I had sent to Arabian Oud. Cashmere wood can mimic the scent of oud that some say they detect, but there is no actual oud in the making of this fragrance.
STILL, a wonderful fragrance.

dremerick

My postings and rebuttals keep getting deleted. So much for democracy.

dremerick

THERE IS NO OUD IN THIS. Stop imagining things.

dremerick

Poboijosh's bs review actually spurred me to give my bottle of Kalemat away. Some times I really question why I even bother with this site. There are many on this site who are actually helpful and insightful; and then there are those who make you wonder, "have they really sampled or purchased EVERY fragrance that's been released in the past decade"?

dremerick

Btw, THERE IS NO OUD IN THIS. Never was. Those who continually list it in their reviews are olfactory impaired. The only oud is in the manufacturer name.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Kalemat opens on my skin with a blast of candied berries tempered by smoke (reading other fragrance websites I believe however that the berry note is bilberry, rather than blueberry) It is a complex fragrance, with the notes shifting subtly and rising and falling on my skin. Rosemary and woody notes, yes, but they always play second fiddle to the sweet smoke opening, with an intoxicating musk in the background.

Amber and honey? No. Although I think I know why as this fragrance brings back a memory of my childhood: my father worked in a sugar mill for over twenty years. One does not only smell sugar in a sugar mill: there is a heady mix of smoke, steam, oil, sugar cane juice, sugar cane stalks, molasses, bagasse, dunder, filterpress and unrefined sugar. I'm not 100% sure if my memory is accurate, but I believe the smell of Kalemat bears a striking resemblance to sugar crystalling on bagasse.* If I wasn't familiar with this smell, I would think that Kalemat was brilliantly unique however it does make me feel a sense of deja vu.

I am seriously considering making this my signature fragrance. It is a little heady, slightly intoxicating, complex, unique (most people won't get the association I do), pleasing to the nose and will definitely get you noticed. Excellent sillage and above average longevity. It also comes in a gorgeous bottle and is relatively inexpensive compared to other fragrances of the same ilk. I do think it would probably be better to wear in winter as it could get cloying on hot days.

Edit: Thought I should update this post about five months later to say that I sent my small decant of Kalemat to a better home. At the end of the day while I really liked it, the smell did remind me too much of an actual sugar mill.

* According to Wikipedia: 'Bagasse (/bəˈɡæs/ bə-GAS) is the fibrous matter that remains after sugarcane or sorghum stalks are crushed to extract their juice.'

In few words, Klemat is a "powerful" Tom Ford Oud wood. 2 Thumbs up

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

Top Notch Frag. By far, the best blind buy I've ever made.

UPDATE:

There has not been one time that I've worn this frag, that someone hasn't asked me what I'm wearing or complimented it. I wore this to my Daughter's b-day party, which was outside, and had a guy say "I kept catching this scent in the air, so i followed the trail and it led to you. What are you wearing!? It's amazing". My wife, she melts when I wear this. Seriously, this stuff works wonders.

rowan.walters
rowan.walters

The first time i smelled this wonder I was totally stunned by the sophistication and beauty of this incredible fragrance.
I have a great deal of difficulty discerning the individual notes as the effect to my mind is like a symphony which brings out the finest of each component, rather than a progressive sequence where one note makes its presence known, followed by another.
This is one of the most hypnotically beautiful fragrances I have ever had the joy of wearing, and to my mind it is complex, mysterious and delicious, with a suggestion of exquisite ambery woodiness, a delicate hint of honey, with a very subtle floral note as well.
Sillage is excellent, and longevity is moderate, so I carry a 20ml spray with me to freshen up after a few hours, when it becomes more of a skin scent.
I wish I could articulate a clearer description of the individual notes, but I find I cannot - the overall effect is mystifying and beautiful, and it is like nothing I have ever smelled before.
I cannot imagine anyone that this heavenly creation could fail to charm, and I would even recommend a blind buy.
Many Arabian-style perfumes tend to be an acquired taste, but this is a masterpiece that will appeal to anyone who appreciates beauty.
Kalemat is unlike anything else, and is such a magical composition of sophistication and beauty that it works for men and women alike. Try it!

shellysmellys
shellysmellys

Got it yesterday I really like it. A little lighter than I expected. Which is nice so that is can be worn at work. Lasted all day but got close to the skin. Sweet honey, oud lightly spiced.I did get a complement in line at the end of the day.After I could not smell it so it may project better than I think. Perfect for men or women. Arabian Oud was Awesome !! Sent a ton of really nice samples .

@dubairob

Wow what a service!! Thanks a million! What terrible news to receive about a 50% sale when I am like zillion miles away....:-)......my poor ( not at all fragrance oriented ) friend will have to work hard for me!!

I have Superior Oud Wood from A.O and it is quite delicious. The biggest problem for me is the almost unbreakable bond between Rose and Oud that exsist in so many oriental fragrances. Rose does not work well on my skin and in our climate so I have some blind-buys that were donated to more rose friendly people. I like my ouds more ¨brutal¨.....

Again thanks and best regards
Matz

@zakkarah

Thank you for your kind comments. Most appreciated.

I have given the Arabian Oud shop in Deira City Centre (Dubai) a call on your behalf. I am in no way associated with them but the SA told me that they will have a sale on their perfumes until 10 May with a 50% discount up to that time.

Yes, I have tried their other Kalemat fragrances (and others in store as well) and found them to be very good. The oud note in Kalemat Black is a little debateable so that is worth sampling before purchase. It also happens to be out of stock now, but the SA told me it will be back in the "next couple of weeks"....

Might be an idea to check out their other offerings as well. I also find Al Haramain and Rasasi to be local brands worth checking out. Also, if you or a friend are coming here, don't forget a visit to the Al Rehab shop near the Gold Souk. I'll be doing reviews on some of their offerings soon too.

Hope that helps.

@dubairob

Great review...agrees with you 100%...:-)
Have you by any chance tried the other Kalemat´s
from Arabian Oud? I belieive there is a black version as well?

You mention the outlet....is this a now-and-then thing or a fixed venue? I have a friend going to Dubai in a couple of weeks time and I am tempted to strong-arm him into a shopping spree on my behalf....:-)

Ciao
Matz Ridderstrom
Stockholm
Sweden

dubairob

Living in Dubai, UAE, I have the opportunity to sample a lot of fragrances. We have the usual European and American fragrances in the major retail outlets, as well as the indigenous Arabic perfumes obtained through a host of Gulf-based perfume houses, each with their own characteristic styles and fragrances to appeal to the massive market for fine fragrances in this region. It is no exaggeration to state that I am spoiled for choice and even within a few kilometres from my house, I can obtain the best of designer, niche and local fragrances (mukhallats, attars, etc) as I wish. Indeed, it is a terrible temptation.... :)

Every now and then, however, a cross-over product appears...one which tries to merge something from Western and Middle Eastern perfume traditions to give an expression which is greater than the sum of its parts. Needless to say, the history of perfumery is littered with the wreckage from this risky Franco-Arabian stratagem ...

But once in a while, one such adventure succeeds.

To my mind, Kalemat EDP by Arabian Oud is one such fragrance and one which deserves truly stellar acclaim. For a start, this is an oriental fragrance from the Gulf but one without oud, the characteristic Middle Eastern fragrance note that can often be too much for Western noses. Instead, the focus here is upon honeyed-amber, an absolutely delicious concoction which spells out beauteous luxury and sensuality. It is very, very special.

The opening here with blueberry and anise quickly becomes engulfed by honey rising from the base. I found myself thinking of of the honeyed-tobacco of Pure Havane, though this does inevitably go in a different direction. When the amber and rosemary follow through, it becomes clear that this is a really superbly blended fragrance, and a real treat for those who like orientals without them being too traditional. With Kalemat, it also has the feel of an Arabian fragrance but it never becomes offensive to an open-minded wearer. I agree with the comments that suggest it is a comfort scent, which may feel like it sits close to the skin - yet it is projecting all the time. As a man, I find that the anise - which very often can veer a fragrance towards a barbershop vibe - is very modest and well-balanced, giving it a focus more like the anise in L'Instant de Guerlain rather than YSL Rive Gauche PH or Azzaro PH. This masculine note certainly does not get in the way of a woman wearing and enjoying the fragrance.

All said, Kalemat EDP by Arabian Oud is definitely worth a try if you have the opportunity. Here in Dubai it is very often the case that the Arabian Oud outlets have 50% discount sales going on in this competitive market. So I was able to purchase a 100 ml bottle for just over $40, but it is clearly worth so much more (and the presentation is lovely as well).

Highly recommended try for a beautiful oriental.

salehali41
salehali41

للاسف سيء للغايه وثقيل جدا وعند وضعه اشعر بصداع

MarikaKhodr
MarikaKhodr

Ordered thanks to the glowing reviews and expected a powerhouse, complex and deep. Parcel arrived, big and heavy, opened an discovered a heavy bottle packed in two boxes (one inside the other). Beautiful and stylish and the scent is really, really nice (not deep though, more bright and almost cheerful) but hey, where is the projection, sillage and longevity everybody is talking about?! No projection whatsoever and after three-four hours it's a skin scent. To sad, it's such a lovely fragrance.

About the scent then ... It totally reminds me of Telaal (Nabeel) and "Perfect bouquet " (Xerjoff), the first longer-lasting and much cheaper, the latter is well .. maybe more sophisticated (but way too pricey for what you get).

Above all, it's really similar to my recent love Aoud Meloki from Montale (i.e. the "middle eastern" Montale, not Montale Paris).

The notes all three of them share are woods, caramel, amber and vanilla (less vanilla in Kalemat, more in Meloki and Telaal). All three beautiful, most bang for buck is definitely Montale's Meloki.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

What a complex piece of work.
Upon first application there are so many notes hitting my nose, changing, like a classical piece of music. They waft in and out, changing even more according to the distance between my face and skin.
On first application I get a very heavy sense – yes sense! – of cool menthol pastilles, with a woody note, this is intriguing, however odd, the menthol stays for a short while as a sensation on your skin and in your senses making room for a sort of patchouli/lemon/star anise concoction, I also get a slight tang of lily in there… It gives a bit of a graveyardy/slab of granite with a bouquet of flowers on top, a bit noir! But it’s a cooling sensation which I suppose is of great value if the weather is hot, as it mostly is I’d say where this perfume is made.
Shortly after this unusual but addictive and suggestive little dance of notes, the honey comes out, sweet, wonderful honey, there are pieces of honeycomb floating about indeed, the lily takes a back seat but stays and makes room for some other floral exotic notes which I wouldn’t be able to identify since I’m not familiar with them. But the scent is very yellow, warm, sandy, sunny and sweet but not cloyingly so. I also get a bit of tangs of coffee, and as star anise is close in scent to licorice, as this scent goes into it’s middle notes it turns from noir/goth/sexy vampire catacombs, to sunny, open gourmand desert. There is vanilla, cinnamon, dates, I can see belly dancers and I can smell the sweet tea in little cups and the baklava being shared among friends.
The dry down goes mellow but stays yellow, sweet, warm and sunny. The honey is blended slightly with sweet candied lemon, cinnamon, cloves and pistachios... musk....
To be honest I think this is THE most interesting and complex fragrance I have ever smelled in my life. Just the change in the notes, the different images it gives me…
Get yourself a test or a decant pronto. Please do not miss out. This will literally take your breath away.
As a side note, I wonder how this compares to Back to Black by Killian as that is also a honey-based fragrance? I might update once that smell test has been done.
Sillage is not huge, projection is not massive, this is a very close to heart scent but you won’t be able to stop sniffing yourself, that is an absolute guarantee.

PS, I don't look at the notes when I write a fragrance review but now that I did, I can definitely smell a bit of blueberry and it's very, very lifelike!

zakkarah

This is a double thumbs up perfume in my book! It is beautifully packed, a bit like a book cover, and the scent is mesmerizing. A first very quick fruity moment morphs seamlessly into a oudy, woody and oh so goody thing!
It stays forever on my skin and if it was labelled with some fancy, schmancy European niche name it would
cost a fortune.

Well done!
Matz Ridderstrom
Stockholm

alimuanis
alimuanis

After I buy it and use it my review is :-

i heard a lot about this fragrance from reviews in internet and from people who wearing it, or they smell it, or they buy it ,and they said it's a great fragrance, well they are right it's a great and beautiful fragrance ,he deserve what they said about it. i go to the fragrance shop and i tell him i want try this fragrance then after he spray it on my chest, i go to do some of works and the smell was with me as a best friend and supporter, in that night and in that moment i decided to buy it .

unisex so quiet and so strong in same time , the best in this fragrance after you wear it time by time the smell change to the best to the new smell and quiet and to the warm and soft also . I want say I spray it on my skin and my shirt and I wake up next day and the smell is there and strong soft warm smell it’s really really amazing . and the smell stay maybe 2-3 days from 3-4 sprays

I bought
Size of the bottle / 100 mL
Price / $40
After discount 50%

My opinion is :-
Occasions :office/love moments/bedtime/ walking/wedding/party/meeting/business/normal time/
Season: summer/ fall /winter /spring
Compliments 9/10
Bottle design 9/10

lousif
lousif

Kalemat has become my everyday go to fragrance. I get compliments all the time when I wear this. Unisex, I think a little on the masculine side, but one of my female coworkers loves it so much she ordered a bottle.

Some Arabian style fragrances can be a little weird to western noses, but not this one. Kalemat could easily compete with many western niche scents that are much more expensive.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Warm sweet comforting frag. Somehow modest.
Develops in time.
Vanilla, wood, a bit amber - very feminine.

Good for cold weather.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

This is perfection!! I have never met anyone who hasn't appreciated the simple beauty in this gorgeous perfume. Opulent, rich, and genuinely unisex this is magnificent and you are an idiot if you love perfume and miss out on getting a bottle of this. The packaging is a treasure, too. Absolutely two thumbs up.

NiceVULady
NiceVULady

I bought this blind and I will never regret that decision. What a marvelous fragrance. It is warm and comforting and, at the same time, really sexy. It feels mysterious and familiar. Indescribable.
The presentation is masterful and makes one feels that one is getting some amazing and wonderful present. In truth, just opening the wrapping makes for a delicious anticipation. And it doesn't disappoint.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Very unisex and develops in the loveliest way on skin. Warm and sultry.

Sillage and longevity are both moderate to high.

Not very sweet though, as if the honey is really in the background, blending with the amber.