Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Havana Aramis for men
dislike

tobacco
Havana Aramis for men Pictures Havana Aramis for men Pictures

Havana by Aramis is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Havana was launched in 1994. Top notes are artemisia, caraway, mandarin orange and basil; middle notes are carnation, fir, cinnamon and tobacco; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss and vetiver.

Artemisia Caraway Mandarin Orange Basil

Carnation Fir Cinnamon Tobacco

Sandalwood Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver

Montana Parfum d'Homme

Havana Fragrance Reviews

Casavulva
Casavulva

The new Havana in the gentleman's collection could have been fantastic, but unfortunately the execution is a big fail.

The tobacco is towards a sweetish cherrynote, like in cherry syrup. I like it.

But the content is very thin (should have been rich), semiwarm (should have been warm), and synthetic. Performs even worse on skin. Bad longevity and sillage also.

Such a good tobacconote, but ruined by cheap chemistry.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

A couple of spritzes of Havana is enough to get anyone into a good mood on a dreary autumn day.

It doesn't come across to me as too boozy but there's definitely a spike in there. Great tobacco note, nice warm heart as well as a juicy, piquant citrus to kick start it all.

If you want a mature, laid-back and well executed scent, this is a great option, because it is simply great juice.

WolneyMammoth
WolneyMammoth

This scent is manly as hell. It smells like Sean Connery walking down a street in Cuba. Havana starts with a piercing tobacco note, complimented with an oakmoss and light cinnamon. The dry down is exactly what you would expect from a classic oriental spicy. This frag is POWERFUL. It has incredible longevity/sillage. The performance combined with the quality scent makes this a must buy for anyone who wants to smell manly. I won't lie, this scent is not a lady killer, but every self-respecting gentleman should get their nose on it. It has a place in every collection.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Lovely smooth rum/tobacco scent. Notes described as below. Great longevity and sillage.
I would definitely buy again :-)

seachase
seachase

This wonderful cologne transports me back to my childhood days ... playing with all my neighborhood friends, rolling around in the grass and leaves, making mud puddles to slide in, subconsciously enjoying all the different smells of nature, and not a care in the world.
It's amazing how a bottled scent can capture those days, but Aramis' "Havana" does just that.
Highlighted by a prominent and impressive tobacco, it's an earthy, mossy and grassy delight for most of it's duration, but in its final stages it turns into an indescribably, heavenly scent. This cologne is a true 'spicebomb.'
Yes, it has been slightly reformulated, but thankfully it still smells the same ... just not quite as strong and long lasting as it used to be. (it's still VERY potent compared to most new colognes))
If you're looking for a unique, spicy, slightly exotic fragrance that's also manly, sexy and guaranteed to provoke a million good memories, then I would highly suggest giving this cologne a try.

Scent - 10
Longevity - 9
Sillage - 9

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Another winner from Aramis! Havana is deep, dark, spicy tobacco. Longevity is 6 hrs on me, with great projection the first 2 hrs. A solid performer that I wear all year.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

It's nice - I like it! While I prefer the scent of pipe tobacco or even a freshly smoked tobacco, to me this is a pleasant spicy cigar tobacco scent with an earthy and somewhat stale quality to it. The touch of cinnamon round-out this masculine fragrance that I enjoy wearing.

headofstate
headofstate

Very deep, mossy, woodsy fragrance dominated by a leafy, dry tobacco note that dominates immediately and doesn't let up, making Havana a linear wear (but still quite good). Has a darker, earthy vibe to it than almost any other tobacco dominated fragrance, goes deeper into the woods and emits a very masculine and powerful energy. Outstanding fall and winter fragrance for men over 30 that can be had for a fairly reasonable price online. Don't agree this is a lady-killer fragrance. Havana is not that attractive to most younger women I've worn it around and won't get a lot of compliments if that's what you are looking for. More a balls to the wall, celebration of man-hood fragrance for confident men who don't care what anyone else thinks. Pure leafy tobacco and earthy brown and green tones bliss.

crunker
crunker

Aramis Havana is a very unique fragrance. It reminds me of an old-school italian barber's aftershave. Is that a bad thing? By no means. It's very pleasant, and bold, but at the same time not overpowering. A big fan of the original Aramis, I kind of expected another ultra-strong fragrance with Havana. Not the case at all. I'd give the sillage/longevity an 8/10, which while pretty high, is nowhere near what the original Aramis was.

Expect compliments. Women love fragrances like this, with a blast of spice and just the right amount of sweetness. Like the original Aramis, Havana requires a certain amount of maturity and ruggedness to pull it off. It's definitely appropriate for any occasion, but shines as a fragrance for a calm environment like an office or cigar lounge, as everyone will be noticing and complimenting.

Maybe its because I'm around cigars and tobacco all the time, but I don't pick up any tobacco fragrance in this. Perhaps the floral part of the tobacco flower, but no raw tobacco like everyone has been saying. Nevertheless, it's a warm, inviting fragrance that any mature manly man should try.

RobbieX
RobbieX

This beauty is quite a powerhouse. A lovely spicy tobacco and herbal scent. Very long lasting of course. Yes, it does remind me of Montana parfum L'homme, but Havana has that big tobacco note and is smoother. A great fragrance!

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Rich, leafy tobacco scent over patchouli, warm cinnamon and a hint of mandarin. Fresh cigar feel, strong, upfront, aggressive and masculine with a vengeance that makes no excuses and simply lets the tobacco rush over the fragrance from the get-go and dominates it throughout. If you're looking for a great tobacco based scent, don't waste your time on Gucci Pour Homme. Get this and Cuba Red, both of them are different manifestations of the tobacco leaf and extremely enjoyable wears.
There's already been plenty of definitive reviews below me, just scroll down and enjoy yourself as the diversity of opinion seems to be rather clear; Aramis Havana is a winner.
Longevity is 6-8 hours, projection very high the first 1-2 hours before settling into moderate. Aramis Havana is a great oriental spicy that combines the oakmoss and tobacco of the 1970's with some great artemisia and caraway. Strong, tough, pure masculinity. Overall: 8.5

Labaloo
Labaloo

Back in the 90's, I had a bottle of this and wore it incessantly- so sad that it and its cool bottle were discontinued. I'm afraid that I might be too upset if I were to sniff the reformulated one, because oakmoss is way too important to this composition- as well as to its longevity. So, I watched and waited to find a vintage, blue drum bottle like my old one. I can't tell you how nostalgic it is for me right now to be holding it in my hands- the memories it brings back of such glorious- and a little naive- years in my life when it used to sit atop my dresser!

Well, it's a powerhouse- one of the most magnificent of the last of them. An aromatic fougere bonded to a dark chypre, with a striking, tobacco-leaf-dominated heart accented with carnation and "dry" herbs and spices. But make no mistake: there are far-more notes than are listed above. In the base: add tonka and orris; to the heart: lavender and anise; the top as stated above is pretty accurate, I think, except there is a pale, raspberry-like odor, dim in the background which adds a bit of intrigue. Oh, and back to the base: musk- one of the pretty polycyclic ones that IFRA has been phasing out.

The reformulated 'Havana' could not possibly match the density and depth of the vintage, but one day I'll bring myself to give it a sniff. Until then, I'll relish in the company of my dear old friend, returned to me once again.

warlockss
warlockss

Just got this in . Ok i am a cigar smoker . smoke mostly cubans like partagas and many other high end cuban cigars . i think what most people fail to mention when they describe this smelling like cigars is they dont say if it smells like a lit up burning cigar OR cigars that are still in the box . I can safely say it smells like a bit of both but it smells more like a fresh box of cigars still in the box .
what i got from the first spray ,it smells extremely manly , extremely green and woody and fresh like a fresh green wood pinewood spice , i can smell hints of tobacco but its being so overpowered by the fresh greeny smell and also a dark roasted orange citrus and lime citrus smell .
overall it smells good i wont be buying another bottle, to me it smells kinda old , old fashioned and outdated . i reackon its for ages 25 and up . go easy on the sprays its pretty potent stuff 1 spray took a while to settle down phew lol . but after like half an hour smells pretty good , to me i get an image like a wise middle aged librarian man with a beard wearing this , or some upper high class dude in a suit that mingles with the wealthy .

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

The opening was so pungent I almost scrubbed it. After it settled, the tobacco/cinnamon came forward but something about the carnation threw it all off for me. This is a sweet and spicy tobacco scent...almost like a flavored cigar but not as intense as Versace Man.

The reformulation does not last long: quickly moved to a skin scent after a few hours.

Osmin
Osmin

I read so many reviews on Havana Aramis, that I thought this is the ubermasculine potion. I only paid heed to this one, because it has (or had,) tobacco, my favourite note of all; though I do not smoke, and since it is the “Main” note in Havana, it should be good, at least for me, because it has/had tobacco, my favourite.....

This is my third bottle from The Gentleman’s Collection, JHL and Tuscany being the first and second respectevly. I did not had a good experience with those ones, so I will refrain from saying anything bad about those since there are so many good things to say about Havana.

Opening: soapy, citrusy and very, very, very spicy. I do not find it sweet. Sufferable, but not interesting. No tobacco but plenty of wormwood. After 3 minutes of application patchouli comes to the fore, while the rest of the opening notes subside, and something that resembles tobacco begins to appear. But not in full body, infirm most likely.
5 min and onwards, cinnamon blends in, soapiness drops, but still distinct. From now and onwards it is becoming more oriental and sweaty. I think it is well blended so it is hard to pick up notes from it. But in due time and under right circumstances some notes will be more distinct than others.

It was very hard to find it, because no retailer stocks it. I think it is understandable; Havana has tropical climate, London, marine. Why sell a perfume which you know will not have the chance to reveal its full character. This is a perfume that needs warm climate, to reveal its notes. So, for now, and until spring and summer, it will stay in the closet.
And if I will need a tobacco cologne, I will fetch my Cigar by Remy Latour.

drakecito
drakecito

This review is for the new reformulation. I have not tested the older one.
This is a light, generic and synthetic citrus-tobacco fragance. Boring and cheap.
Last about 6-8 hours very close to the skin. Projection is very low, after initial minutes.
If you like tobacco fragances, try Herod by Parfums de Marly or Bois d'Ombrie by Eau d'Italie.

Sillage: 3/10

Demetrius
Demetrius

Very nice... Go easy on the trigger and you will smell like a Don. Ladies love to get a little closer when you have this on...

murysusanto

Montana black edition and this aramis havana posses great similarity and too strong spicy fragrance.

Long lasting yes and rare products, hard to come by

meligonlan
meligonlan

Gentlemen please advise if a lady can pull this one off? I love Tobacco perfumes and this one is a classic.

pontifex maximus
pontifex maximus

possibly the best fragrance i own. thnak you Aramis for bringing this back. Now on the hunt for the vintage reserva version :)

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * * *

The best fragrances offer a true experience to the wearer and those around him. They are not just good scents--they are stimulants for the imagination, pathways to places, eras, or identities that may be inaccessible in real life.

Havana is such a fragrance. Its rich tobacco, patchouli, and cinnamon take me to a sophisticated tropical city in the 1950's--it could be Havana, Rio, Panama, or Miami. The jet-set mingles with local hustlers in a dark club filled with the sounds of bossanova. Cigar smoke and whiskey, desperation and indifference, ambition and sex are all in the air.

This is a FANTASTIC summer scent. It is not light, but the notes really come to life in the heat.

I never tried the original, but Havana afficionados swear that the reformulation has remained true. I get 6-8 hours of good projection, with a gorgeous, sweet drydown. If I have a criticism it is that the carraway heart note is on the strong side and somewhat suggestive of body odor.

The drydown is surprisingly similar to another favorite of mine, Francesco Smalto for Men.

Sillage: 4/5

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

HAVANA!
The Frag I had on the Night the Night I met my baby at The Club.
While Every other guy was either Rocking Le Male, Issey Miyake and 1 Million (no diss against these as I love them myself, but honestly they are the common club night staples).

This Cologne is Pure Masculinity in a bottle, Its Strong, yet Gentle, spicy yet fresh, and its a Guys scent all the way without any feminine aura
It smells terrific on the right person.
Havana is the smell of Cuban Cigars, Rum, Musk, and Sweat (don't get me wrong when I say Sweat, its The Good Kind, sort of dirty, musky, yet Sexy as all hell).
I've had people tell me I smell awesome when I wear this stuff, and these compliments come after even 6 hours of Dancing away and sweating it up, so it seems to really mix with sweat without turning sour or acrid smelling.
Wear this Juice on a night out to the clubs during winter and autumn nights and Trust me you will stand out from the crowd and still smell good Hours later, heck even my shirt smells of Havana until it gets washed, and thereafter there's the faintest remnants if you smell it closely.

Havana is like its Older Brother Aramis, Animalic, leathery and Boozy, a Powerhouse Masculine cologne that is full of Testosterone and is unapolegetic in its Nature yet underneath it all is still a big softie, and the type of guy who will Fight when needed and hold you when you need him most.

Havana- A gentleman with a Naughty, wild side.
Smokey, boozy, Resinous wonder.
9 out of 10.
Not for the faint of heart.
And believe Me, if You meet someone wearing this you will be guaranteed to become their Number one, or their Husband. (I stand test to this)

murysusanto

Top notch quality. No doubt.

I've been wanting to have this in a new packaging and it's here.

duy.nguyễn
duy.nguyễn

anybody confirm for me this perfume like cigar smell??? i'll blind buy it...

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

The Caribbean in a bottle is my overall impression of Havana. Yes, it has a VERY strong opening but, as others have mentioned, it calms down after 20 minutes. Go easy on the trigger and a 100ML isn't necessary because a little goes a long way.

thomkallor
thomkallor

This is the real SPICEBOMB y'all! A very macho kick in the teeth - I see citrus on the pyramid but I don't smell any of that. If this iteration is toned dwon from the vintage....I can't even imagine how aggressive that could have been! Spray with caution and enjoy!

husecris
husecris

If you can tough out the first twenty minutes (harsh) you will be rewarded with an absolutely glorious mid and dry down. Two words: spicy-tropical. One of the best ever.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A nice tobacco scent - and I agree with the reviewer who claims that it smells more of cigar than pipe tobacco.

This is the scent to accompany one of those white, short-sleeved cotton Cuban tobacco plantation owner shirts, you know, the ones with all the white embroidery thereupon. Wear a beard while you wear this, too, to complete the effect.

My favorite of the Aramis line thus far.

jht4060
jht4060

Aramis Havana is dominated by a heavy tobacco note, the only tobacco perfume I have thus far experienced that smells like cigar instead of pipe tobacco. The top has some citrus and a slightly harsh wormwood, giving way soon to the cigar middle. After many hours the cigar note fades to a nice slightly sweet patchouli, vetiver, and wood base. I don't often want to smell like this, but as a change of pace I find it stimulating and unique and the name Havana could not be more perfect.

Deefit
Deefit

I ordered a few miniatures from my regular and trusted seller and got a vintage miniature of this for free. I've wanted to try this for a long time now and I was quite surprised that she'd thrown in this fragrance. So I opened the bottle and smelled carefully. It smells good so far.

The opening is nice, but after a few minutes something else (I'm guessing cinnamon) comes through. It's a bit too strong for my taste. I'll wait and see how this will turn out over the next few hours, but I think this will not be a fragrance for me.

Should anybody be interested in swapping or buying this one, send me a message. It's a 7ml/0.24oz bottle.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Review on the current formulation.
(The Gentlemen Collection)

There's strong, radical tobacco note in the initial blast, middle and base notes. The opening is spicy and camphorous, quite offensive and disturbing. The citrus notes are bitter, sour and quite 'acidic', far from sweet. It is not the zesty fresh scent you often get from oranges but it's more to the white bitter peel, along with the spice tag-team of cinnamon and anise making it just way too pungent and bitter to your nose. Nothing is sensational you would say. But I say, this truly is exceptional!

Apart from the pungent and sour initial approach, this fragrance has its spicy freshness and somewhat sweet due to the floral note of juniper and jasmine. Also, with the present of vanilla, labdanum and the sweet sour molasses of rum giving this fragrance the right volume of leathery-ambery and balsamic sweet.

The fragrance settles down with strong, creamy-rich woody notes.

This is truly one of a kind fragrance that quite hard for you to describe. The initial will make you say no to this fragrance on the spot, yet as it develops, you will defeinitely fall in love with.
Love it forever!

I always wanted this, after many great reviews.
Bought mine in 2011. (The Aramis Gentleman's Collection).

The day I received mine, I was super-excited, couldn't wait to try, I had a single spray on the back of my right hand, took a sniff. 'WTF'ing smell! It was just too smoky, incensey and extremely spicy. Just way, way too dry to my nose. I was quite dissapointed with the scent but somehow happy for I owned a bottle of Havana, even it was the reformulated one. (at least I know how it smells, rather than having to rely on reviews and longing for the so-called one of the best scents for men)

Yet, it happened that one day which I must be out of my mind, I applied two heavy sprays of Havana. One on my skin and another on my shirt, just before I went out to work. To my wonder, it smells unlike any other, absolutely different from the day I had my first sniff.

Yes, it's smoky, woody and spicy, but it's a refined, well blend, with a minty-citrusy blast, giving it a fresh camphorous vibe with strong spicy-tobacco notes. Seriously, it vapours in the air, it lingers, it screams attention, and exudes presence.

I used till the last drop of my first Havana, and I bought my second bottle last December, Love it, and probably will have the third by end of this month.

The best!

hadrian
hadrian

It’s not a beast, it’s not a pet – but an untamed scentanimal!
Havana by Aramis… even reformulated, it offers a generous touch of spicy tobacco and grapefruit.
IMO this is the Top 2 from this house - after the good old Aramis for men (1st) but before the reformulated Tuscanny (3nd).
It’s ageless and classic, for all the seasons you can imagine for yourself.
A well deserved 9/10.

rudwat
rudwat

Testosterone in a tailored suit. As someone in my 20's, I wear this To be taken more seriously. It says I can pick up a lady at the bar instead of a chick in a nightclub.

Spicy and Definitlely has the most potent tobacco smell of anything I've used. Not that I'm complaining. Stands out in the age of coolwater and 1million. Use sparingly...

1 subjective criticism- doesn't mix well with the scent of my perspirarion- almost seems To amplify it, oddly.

tyoung
tyoung

There are so many great things going on with this one. I love the combination of spice and tobacco with some bitter orange thrown in on top. The woods and oak moss come in the middle and stay for the ride in the dry down. This is a very comforting scent. It feels warming in the winter, but the hint of spiced rum also reminds me of a warm summer evening.

bronstein
bronstein

At first it's very reminiscent of the classic Aramis scent, perhaps even more heavy, and leathary - very masucline, a bit more dark than light. I liked it from first sniff, though I agree with the comments below that it's suits the older gents.
That said, it's very long lasting and then develops into something else that reminds me of the good old Obsession of the early 1990s - i.e. before it was reformulated. Men who want to wear something heavy and sweet simultaneously should watch out for this one and have a go.

Arkira M.
Arkira M.

I have 2009-relaunched version which my known expert perfumer said that it lighter than classic version but very similar, so when you can't find classic version then this is worth to find & try. I bought this for my papa since it let me to think of classic gentleman with pipe! IMO, this perfume is fit for 35+ age. BTW, i didn't mean that this scent is old coz it's not, it's classic & chaming masculine scent.

aventus88
aventus88

the opening is kinda strong musky but the dry down is sharp. I like for the price is worth it. very masculine as drakkar noir

bigted
bigted

I blind bought this one based on the notes and the reviews here on Fragrantica and the price. This is my experience after wearing Havana for a week or two straight. First of all I was a little intimidated by how strong it is, I started with one spray under the shirt. It lasted almost the whole workday. I have since upgraded to 2 sprays, one under the shirt and one on my forearm which I rub with the other.
The scent itself is very spicy. I find myself loving it and smelling my arm. Imagine having eaten a cinnamon red hot and immediately afterwards walking into a humidor at the local cigar shop. The tobacco in this is definitely cigar, don’t be misled by the pic at the top of the page. Sometimes I get green cigar like Macunudo, sometimes brown maduro Punch. It is not just tobacco the spices come and go with the drydown. I wish I could describe this part better because I know there is more than hot cinnamon going on here. It is very intriguing and pleasant for me. Havana has made a spicy man out of me. I moved it up to my signature because it the only one I seem to grab lately. Thank you Aramis.

orestes
orestes

This fragrance was nice,but after the reformulation & the bottle change i don't buy it,im disappointment!

Alive
Alive

Just my personal take on this amazing fragrance: Even though I'm 20 years old, I like to wear this fragrance sometimes. My dad and I share it, he wears it more often than I do because this is a mature scent, but I use it when I want to wear something different, to stand out. It is wonderful! It's spicy, not warm at all, is more an aromatic/spicy fragrance, very spicy. At the opening you get lots of tobacco, cumin and cinnamon, then in the dry down the rest of the notes melt wonderfully, and what you get is a very masculine and powerful scent. Projects like crazy, and longevity, let's say I can still smell it the next morning, same thing with TM A*Men.

You need attitude and balls to wear this fragrance, face up and self-confidence, since it's very potent and spicy. If you want to stand out from the PR One Million's or JPG Le Male's when you go out at night, this is it, under the radar and unique. Truly a MEN's scent!

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

I tried the old version that came with a cone shapped blue bottle. I have not tried the new release.

I discovered this fragrance at an airport in the early nineties and immediately fell in love with it. It was my signature scent for a long time until it was discounted.

I feel it's a dry scent and I couldn't highlight only one single note. I feel lavender even not in pyramid notes, carnation (I love carnation scent), and of course tobacco. I got plenty of compliments everytime I wore it. Sillage and projection was very good and longevity still even better.

I cannot believe my brother, whom I have not seen for two years, had an original bottle saved to give me as a present on my birthday this year! Can not wait to see my brother and his gift too!

ashish22
ashish22

This review is for the Gentleman's Edition of Havana.

Well what can i say about Havana...its truly an amazing scent!!! One of the best i have ever smelt in spicy masculine fragrances. I specifically bought this fragrance for its tobacco note. And tobacco definitely is one of the dominant note throughout the life of this fragrance. And this makes this fragrance so appealing and unique.

The opening definitely gives me lavender, green minty tobacco and cinnamon. Then in the mid patchouli becomes noticeable. Its really hard to disintegrate the notes this scent will present throughout the stages. Its like the fireworks of different notes and spices and you would be greeted with different moods of this scent as it progresses towards the drydown. But it always retains it spicy, green tobacco flavor. The scent is definitely as manly as it can get yet its never outrageous. Its like the epitome of manliness, loaded with sophistication but with a softer heart!

The drydown of this fragrance somewhat reminds me of Polo green but with a tobacco orientation.

To me Havana presents the best of the 90's era, can share punches with the best of the 80's and yet it can stand against the best of the modern frags. Well its just timeless!!!

Every guy should try this fragrance atleast once to experience the beauty of this fragrance. One of the finest from the house of Aramis! A must have for everyone's wardrobe.

The words are just not worthy enough to describe this juice!
Fragrance: 10/10
Projection: 7/10
Sillage: 7/10
Versatility: 10/10

sohailso
sohailso

I dont know much about the Notes and technical stuff but:

Amazing scent.
Feels very Masculine and confident.
Kind of smokey mysterious.
Very different from your usual everyday perfumes.
I can smell it on me for around 5-6 hours, then it stays with skin(i cant smell it then, but i think it is there).
I havent used the older release. I snifed the new release so i dont know the difference, It is new smell to me and i just love it.
I often use it in office. just 3 sprays; two on sides of neck and one on shirt.
My wife loves it too.
I definately recommend it.

sparkyman
sparkyman

I feel EXTREMELY lucky in finding a spash EDT bottle of the original cone shaped flacon. A pure chance happening & a very impulsive blind buy......a quick check here however did put the odds in my favour !

I can't do justice to this scent here, as I just don't have the nose and, consequently, the ability to describe it adequately. It's instantly become another one of my absolute favourites.

Suffice to say, the Tobacco really stands out in this husky, oozy scent. Very deep & complex, slight molasses type of sweetness weaved with an earthen undergrowth feel.

I often wonder, like words & lyrics in a song, was it the name or blend of the fragrance that came first?......although I've never been to Cuba, this scent paints a very vivid picture in my mind.

Redpula
Redpula

Explosion in the air, celebration of mix feelings,
a festival of notes/ingredients.

It burst in fireworks! a beast of showmanship.
3 sprays will boom in the air, a cloak of wonder spreading 7 feet around me.
got lots of compliments from friends. its never cloying in 3 sprays or less.
a scent that is very spicy, powerful, fruity and sexy. never a joop pour homme.

this is a wonderful scent and like wolverine, it keeps projecting strength and toughness. Toughness that captivates those who is around me. Toughness in transformation to different notes thus showing it was masterfully created.

this is the only perfume that sniffing in the sprayer may cause nausea/yuck, spraying in wrist is less appreciated but once i sprayed it in my neck, chest and nape, the difference is lovely but not divine, i feel like i am a man spewing spirits in the air, invisible happy new year to all that is if burberry london is merry christmas!

Complimenting words from a friend like, hmm i thought you will always smell like chocolate and baked cookies, now you are into strong spicy but fresh fragrance, but you carry it so good, smelling sweet n spicy, sensual, fresh then spicy, then fresh then spicy, its confusing but refined.

Havana by Aramis will take you to an adventure. something I didn't expect. I thought at first i purchased a fake one at Amazon because the first time I used it in my wrist, so strong. then i smelled the sprayer, ooh so aggravating and headache, then the scent only lasted 1 hour in my wrist.
But I gave mine a chance, a chance to see how will this perform in my hot points. So I sprayed it in my neck, nape and chest, then head to the streets.
Kaboom! It is so surpirisingly different and amazing!

I am a walking fireworks. everything is there, the balanced, refinement and wow factor, the transformations of different scents that exudes sophistication, sensuality, freshness and masculinity.

This could be my signature scent. I have lost my urge to own a Terre de Hermes because in some ways they smell kinda similar but Havana is fast paced, many phases to ignite.

If I have not found Angel for Men and Women, this would be it, my signature scent. Though my weather here is kinda mix of humid then sudden cloudy, the fragrance worked well in my skin.

So, salute to Aramis for re-introducing this perfume. Just dont judge by sniffing in the sprayer, not in paper, not in pulse wrist and forearms, but spray it lightly in your neck, chest and nape... then get ready for the thrills and explosions of flavors and pleasures! Get ready to be hypnotized and to affect others, in a fantastic way!

Havana by Aramis, is a legion of aromas. a unique energizer, an indulgence, a liquid art, a potent masterpiece, a love potion, an aphrodisiac, an air rider, a professional, a rugged and a nagger of fragrances that blends, playing mix feelings at my emotions and brain as if saying: I am Havana and I make you exclusive, I make you expensive, I make you exquisite and I am you until you wash away my spirit yet I will live inside you from now on. I am addiction, I am your Havana...

CGV
CGV

Iam thrilled! Just received the new Havana (Gentlemens collection) today and the scent immediately transported me back into the mid 90' when I wore the original version. Its a frenetic fragrance and has everything a man can ask for. Of course tastes are different but I think that almost all of us who knew this in the old days are soooooooo happy that Aramis actually listened to the call of the market and brought this back to life. To me the quality remained the same and Iam over the moon to have it. Like meeting a good old friend again! A big thanks to Estee Lauder/Aramis! Havana forever!

jtd
jtd

The re-released Gentleman’s Collection by Aramis is like a series of love letters from Estée Lauder to men. This line is top-notch and a spectacular synopsis of the history of Aramis. Other men’s fragrance lines should take note and be threatened.

Havana is an instance of more being better. The complexity makes for richness without confusion. Some dissonance, yes. Enough to keep a feeling of complexity from top to drydown. Actually the dissonance up top is a glorious riot. You can tell it’s a woody fragrance, but aldehydes, camphor, grapefruit? Is that celery?

Havana is also a great example of how the best Lauder perfumes can be well-considered nods to existing genres without simply being category-fillers meant to flesh out a line. Havana could be considered a fougère---there’s lavender and coumarin---but a bay rum fougère? A juniper fougère? A celery fougère? It also seems to have learned from the best of the men’s 80s powerhouse fragrances and is joyfully potent but not heavy.

In two respects I’ll differ with most reviewers comments. I don’t get tobacco. Booze, yes. Tobacco, no. And while most seem to see Havana as a warm scent, to me it stays camphorously cool from start to finish. Wait. Maybe that’s it. Is menthol cigarette listed as one of the notes on the Aramis site?

Grottola
Grottola

Havana is the one fragrance I've smelled that I can honestly describe as "hot and bothered" - it's the hottest, spiciest fragrance I can think of. Tobacco, lavender, cumin, and green spices combine for a crazy-ass fiesta of a fragrance. Havana isn't a fragrance to be worn with subtlety - this stuff has major balls and needs to let everyone know that. It's not bad, and definitely uses good raw materials, but I don't like it as much as I used to. I'm starting to prefer the similar, albeit more subtle and controlled Montana Parfum d'Homme to Havana. Havana is the stuff you want to wear to a hot, sweaty party. It projects like crazy and lasts over 24 hours on me, easily. It oozes masculinity and it's best to wear this if you have chest hair.

JackWest
JackWest

I have been wearing Havana for about 10 years. I must say the relaunched version differs from the original. The citrus notes do not last in the newer one. It lacks some of the punch and sillage. Please Aramis, bring back the real Havana!!
P:S I think this fragrance is very similar to LD by Issey Miyake on top

I've only tried the new Havana and Reserva. Montana Parfum d'Homme is similar but has more of a lavender/soapy quality (with pine) and a resinous base. Havana is really strong and lively at first, too much for me, so I try to avoid them as much as possible. There's a bay rum type element, a juniper berry one, etc. Over time, the complexity begins to coalesce and it develops a predominant powdery/woody quality, along with a leafy/brown tobacco notes. If you want deeper, richer tobacco without this window dressing, try to find Havana Reserva.

Manna
Manna

I'm a female lover of male fragrances. This is to me THE love potion.
It's loaded with tobacco, manliness, animalistic notes and something I'd call sophistication... but not in the office and suit sense, more of the kind Mark Sandman sang: "Your intelligence is sexy". If you could have everything you ever wanted in the man that would drive you crazy - nice, smart but not geek, masculine but gentle, great lover, THIS would be his smell.
I'm addicted to all Aramis fragrances both for personal use (this is not to say that they are unisex, but more like trousers or brogues - they are so great and stylish that both women and men can wear them) and on men and I love their innovative combinations of notes. Tuscany, for instance, is leather+lemons and tobacco. This is artemisia+basil+tobaco+fir and they all develop individually and are fully detectable. When they finish their individual catwalk, they come again together for you to have a serious weapon for getting every woman into sin. I don't know how this would pay off if I wore it, but I know that it would sway my knees to smell it on a man.

At first I thought that I smell geranium or something... but now it makes sense that it's basil.

PS. Regarding the formula: I haven't smelled the original, this review is for the Gentleman's edition, but I read on BaseNotes that the fragrance is the same.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Smells like a 70's style cologne. Opening spice blast lasts a few minutes then it becomes a nice aromatic spicy masculine blend that lasts forever. The dry-down reminds me of RL Polo. Solid power scent.

guest_tropicaljoe
guest_tropicaljoe

mmmm Havana the smell of my youth.
Well, for all us Havana lovers...
Havana is back on the market! Just a pitty the bottle isnt the same.

AJ73
AJ73

I was looking for this one because it was my favorite years ago. Coincedentally my sister sent me an original bottle from Sydney just when I ordered the relaunch on line. Funny now that I can compare the two. I recognize the relaunch as Havana. Absolutely, but it's missing something wonderfull the original has. The original has something more genuine. Perhaps Aramis replaced some natural oils with synthetic ones. The new one is missing depth and is far less interesting. Where the original is warm, the relaunch is aggressive. Honestly, I tried the two on different days and got complements on the original. Not on the relaunch. Damn Aramis for trying to fool us.

BIG
BIG

This is a spicy beast! Easy on the trigger! Very potent and masculine!

guest_pedro marques

Great idea reedition of havana but unortunatly they dont respect the exactly notes of the first editio(Cone botle)it is very nice, we notice that it is havana but the original one is moch more ...how can i say...fresh and more cinnamon feel..however if you cant fin the first one its not bad buy the new one

guest_tarquinn
guest_tarquinn

My first cologne. I was 19 when I first bought it and I still have some of the last bottle. It is a great masculine scent. I adore him and I would be happy if I could buy it again. The bottle changed but I hope the scent would be the same.

4xxx4
4xxx4

after short testing this, i must sez - THIS ONE IS Freakin HEAVY!!! looooooooot of tobacco smell, which i don t find a pleasant..i dont know...i bought this one from e bay, maybe i bought a fake,,, but maybe not, and in that case, it s totally unwearable to me at this moment..i can t believe this is the HAVANA, that everyone praised...i hope, that in near future i updated my review, but for now ARAMIS HAVANA is huuuuuuge dissapointment for me!!!
UPDATE 03/31/2010
strange thing happened to me...i order a sample, b cause i had convinced myself, that i have right bottle at home, and ...yes i have the right one, but...sample, when i sprayed it on paper,, hm,,,ok to call things..drydown of this is just lovely!!! it reminds me little of zino davidoff, which i loooooooove. but back to havana, start is just unbearable...hm strane scent, but definitely original and classic

guest_Where can l get Havana to
guest_Where can l get Havana to

I have loved Havana for men but was disappointed when it was discontinued.But recently when reading my email, l was noted by your company that Aramis Havana is now on the market. Please where can l obtain some to buy. My email is (p.bennett5@sky.com)

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I bought it for my hubby thinking it would be a nice, fresh, green 'islandey' kind of scent..and was disappointed (I didnt' try it before I bought it). Obviously hubby didn't like it either 'cause it just sat oh his shelf for years....oh well...
Too spicey for our tastes I guess!

guest_jkeen
guest_jkeen

Apparently the same person made this scent as the montana one you just mentioned.

guest_cirrus
guest_cirrus

Havana is a very well crafted perfume,but I have to say that its idea is "stolen"
from my all time favourite "Montana Parfum d`homme" which is such such a lovely spicy floriental.This was created in 1989 and Havana 5 years later.So if you all cant get Havana try Montana Parfum d´homme (red box)

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

This is my new down and dirty fragrance for when I want to project a competitive edge, or when I want to stand out just a bit in a busy environment.

Supremely masculine, it opens with a blast of tobacco and bitter tar. The bitterness fades to the background after a minute or two, though it never quite disappears. This leaves an edgy tobacco-patchouli-and-woods dry down.

It was discontinued for a time, but has recently been put back into production. Order from Neiman Marcus. They may be backordered when you place the order, but they get stock in regularly, and soon or later you'll get it.

guest_pedro marques

it is dificuld to find in cologne.but not impossible.However in after shave you can find a lot in ebayer jf1528.And regard this:the smel is so intense that you can use after shave as an cologne.IT IS THE BEST FRAGANCE EVER MADE

guest_spaceman
guest_spaceman

the best i owned in my life am trying to have another one but ididnt find it .mybe if someone of my friend travel to france i think he will find it

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

What a gorgeous product! Sadly as far as I know no longer in production!?! This was meant to be an instant classic and it is certainly for me. If there was one single fragrance that deserved a second change, a re-launch, then it would be this very perfume. Lovely green and orange, warm opening with spicy pungeant basil. Then the dominant cinnamon inthe middle and carnations, followed by rich tobacco, sandalwood, patchouli, and vetiver. This fragrance is the olfactory interpretation of the movie with the same name. Brilliant!

mec
mec

For me the perfect scent, definitely masculine, full of tobacco smell,warm ,perfect for a date night.pity they stopped producing it-as far as I know

Havana by Aramis 4.18 out of 5 based on 262 ratings and 68 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aramis Havana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Aramis Havana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Havana by Aramis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Havana by Aramis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.