Designers » A » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men
dislike

I have it: 278 I had it: 161 I want it: 160 My signature: 13

leather
Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men Pictures Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men Pictures Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men Pictures Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men Pictures Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men Pictures Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men Pictures Tuscany Per Uomo Aramis for men Pictures

Tuscany Per Uomo by Aramis is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Tuscany Per Uomo was launched in 1984. Top notes are lime, lavender, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are caraway, orange blossom, tarragon and anise; base notes are leather, sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, cinnamon, basil and oakmoss.

Lime Lavender Bergamot Lemon

Caraway Orange Blossom Tarragon Anise

Leather Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Cinnamon Basil Oakmoss

Azzaro pour Homme

Tuscany Per Uomo Fragrance Reviews

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

The comparison of Tuscany PU to Azzaro PH is apt, as they do smell similar to each other. My memories of Tuscany (in Italy) are fond ones - the blazing sunshine, rolling green hills, and terracotta roof tops simmering with the smells of Limoncello, Sambuca, cypress, and sun-parched grass. My bottle of Tuscany has treemoss (no oakmoss) which makes it a more recent formula, but it's hard to imagine this being any richer than it is. Its citrus and lavender accord is very crisp and clean, and I love how basil, caraway, and tarragon interact in the heart, forming a grassy herbal freshness around coumarin and anise. The difference between this and Azzaro is in balance and texture. Azzaro is basically a big lavender note flanked by anise, coumarin, and moss. Tuscany has a smaller lavender with more assertive bit players, and no single note takes the lead. Every note plays together in harmony, like church bells on the piazza. Very rustic, very versatile, very nice.

Calissano
Calissano

Lighter Azzaro PH. Not bad at all. Gets closer to the skin but silage isn 't so good like Azzaro.

gfelton505
gfelton505

Rediscovered in a small collection of bottles from the mid 80s. My sister used to work for various department store chains and acquired this bottle for me at a discount. Not the reformulated version which I will have to try.

Lavender and citrus for an hour or two until it settles in to some serious leather, wood, and spice. A little bit of pungent patchouli and sandalwood. Stays pretty close to the skin but boy, does it stay! Lingers all day, with dominant scents reversed, all leather with a hint of lavender and citrus instead of the other way around.

My 14 year old son says it smells like an old guy. You can keep your trendy, bubble gum scents in cleverly shaped bottles. I love this stuff.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

On me, Tuscany starts off with the citrus notes, mostly orange. After it settles, the leather and spices come into play. Very nice blend that reminds me of Hermes TDH. Except, where TDH is peppery, Tuscany is leathery. The entire Aramis line-up is a welcome change from the fresh/blue scents that are being produced by most houses today. Tuscany is almost perfect , 9/10.

tgnetz
tgnetz

I recently picked this one up a 3.4oz bottle for roughly 20 dollars. My thought process was that while a vintage scent for that price it was a good deal and I couldn't go wrong.

My initial impression with only a squirt was that it started off sweet with the top citrus notes playing very subtly on my nose but I found the caraway to be too strong at times giving this that "old man" type vibe. I am barely picking up the leather and am left with a caraway, basil, cinnamon, and tarragon skin scent. From my understanding this is the reformulated version. Not a bad scent, but my first impression was definitely a let down and while I do not hate this fragrance, I do not love it. More to come...

UPDATE:

On future attempts to wear this fragrance I have come to like it more. Although still not a favorite I find the scent to be somewhat pleasant. I am reminded of nights at my grandparent's home where we snacked on anisette cookies. Pleasant.

GoodVibrations

This is the easy-reach holy grail leather chypre. I'm writing my second review on it because there is so much to discover over time with the newer formulation. Its subtlety belies the depth that reveals itself throughout the day, and more is discovered with subsequent wearings. The fresh citrus gives way to a delicious waxy chypre texture. There's a dry, snappy leather that occasionally looks the other direction to reveal a sweeter, Bel-Ami style of leather. I even discerned slight traces of Cuir Ottoman's piquant leather sting after several hours. Orange blossom as the floral segment of the chypre pyramid fits cleanly with the citrus top notes, and anise keeps it dry and herbal. Late in the drydown I noted a few moments reminiscent of the heart of Soda by Comme des Garçons, lending it a slightly avant garde feel. It's sensible, friendly, unique, and it still exerts a masculinity that commands respect. It lasts in subtle measure all day.

I wore the earlier formulation twenty years ago, and it was very nice. The base notes became overbearing throughout the day though, and I ultimately preferred something more friendly. I think the reformulation is a gem - a refinement of a very good thing. It brings back some good memories and leaves the rest where it belongs - in the past.

RobbieX
RobbieX

This is gorgeous. It's very close to Calvin by CK.

williamvargas
williamvargas

I still have about 1/3 left of one of the older bottles , I have had this for a very long time, it still smells fantastic, have not worn it in a long time. was going thru a drawer that I have some memories or collectibles , some cigar cutters, lighters when I used to smoke a cigar often..along this I found this laying face down in the bottom of the drawer, actually had forgotten I had this. still smells wonderful, at first it sort of pushes you back for a moment but once it settles down or the dry down as it is called is still very nice and aromatic. I will wear this again very soon. not sure how the newer version compares, I also found a small bottle of Havana that I have had that is almost empty..both are fantastic fragrances..two thumbs up from way back.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

There's some element in Tuscany that reminds me of my youth. I had to really think for a few minutes until it hit me; it reminded me of the way my grandfather smelled when I was a boy and we would go fishing on lake Michigan. Somehow he could always get up at the crack of dawn, and would be down by the shore with the canoe in the crisp air, before I could get out of bed and put on my tennies.

That's what I love about this smell. I've never been to Tuscany, but I have been to a small cottage in Michigan on a cold spring morning with my Grandfather, Harry. He'd quietly burst (is that possible!?) through the back door into the kitchen just beaming. Big coke bottle glasses a flopping fishing hat and sand flying into the doorway off his shoes and a grin that I'd swore he could have bought just yesterday. "Ya, ready!?"

I just had to laugh thinking about it. So to Tuscany I am indebted for bringing back a feeling I haven't had in a great long while. It reminds me of manliness, or at least what I think manliness smells like. It reminds me of long lost warmth and leather and a fresh new day rising. A warmth from the spirit of a man I considered the best of men. My grandfather Harry.

Rerik
Rerik

In Germany this perfume was known by another name.
I've read that there was a court decision to rename this perfume because it has a similarity in its name with the widespread tosca perfume.
So it was called Etruscan.
I´ve the rare Etruscan edition and also the vintage Tuscany per Uomo. The vintage version was made in Switzerland.
It has citrus in the opening. Nothing special.
But the base is pretty warm. A leathery balsamic fragrance. But you have to wait about 4 hours to its base turn.

To me the vintage Tuscany is the best leather scent out there.
It lasts 12 hours +

jht4060
jht4060

Aramis Tuscany per Uomo is an excellent aromatic fougere. The opening has a huge blast of limey citrus and lavender that can be a bit off-putting at first but has grown on me. As that fades, you get a get a subtly spicy herbal middle and a nice leathery oakmoss base softened with some tonka and patchouli.

Tuscany is one of a suite of six classic Aramis (Estee Lauder) colognes that were reintroduced in the same elegant bottle form. They are Tuscany, JHL (a dark rich Oriental), Devin (a piney leathery chypre), New West (an aromatic wood), 900 (a rose chypre), and Havana (cigar cigar cigar). At least for now (late 2013) you can get a 7 ml sample set of all six on-line (enough to get to know each scent well, with multiple applications). As a cheap introduction to classic men's scents, you can't do much better than to get the sampler set. They are all excellent perfumes, each one distinctive and representative of a type. Perhaps because it is better known, Aramis Aramis (leather) isn't in the set, but it is from the same era and it is terrific too.

leviathan3737
leviathan3737

Awasome.......Classic

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I have several Aramis Men's frag which I have acquired over the last 1 1/2 yrs. I'll be honest with you, at first I thought that Araris's frags were for much older men and they weren't appealing to say a 20 year old.
One thing is correct, most 20 year olds wouldn't be able to appreciate the fine subtleties that these fragrances offer. At current, I have the original Aramis, Aramis 900, New West and now Tuscany.

When I first sprayed Tuscany on my skin, I get a rush of lemon, bergamot and lime. Shortly after a deep herbal aroma from tarragon, anise and caraway comes through.
After the frag settles it takes on a real sophisticated aroma from leather, sandalwood, patchouli, basil and oakmoss.
The difference from the vintage to the new version is that most notes are much lighter in tone and the aroma of leather is barley noticeable. You can really enjoy the aroma of leather that comes through from the vintage bottle. I was very lucky to find the vintage version and I have to agree 100% with what Krmarich has posted...it is all correct!!

Overall thoughts on Tuscany,
The origins of the Italian language could be traced back to Tuscany, where it all started.
Aramis went all out when they produced Tuscany. They brought together all the native notes that are from Italy such as anise, basil and bergamot combined with the other masculine notes such as leather and sandalwood which turned this into a FIRST CLASS fragrance which is UNPARALLELED
Anyone who enjoys Aramis fragrance, Tuscany is worth it 100% especially if you could find the vintage version. There's nothing wrong with the current version but once you've tried the original version you'll understand what I mean.
Hands down Tuscany is the PERFECT frag when you want something that you can wear during the summer/fall which has a fresh spicy bite to it when you spray it on. I will enjoy every ounce that I can squeeze out of that bottle. A true TIMELESS frag, a real 5*****, MASTERPICE from Aramis.
UPDATE......
There is only a handful of brands like Aramis who have turned out fragrances which has captured the essence of what a man is and what women enjoy in men's cologne's. I have had so many complements and when I tell them which cologne I'm wearing they take a double take..they thought it was a cologne which wasn't available in the U.S. If you try it you won't be disappointed...hands down EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Mature smelling, like a grey Headed Gentleman who plays Golf. Its harsh , very harsh in the opening, but settles down in a warm soothing aroma. Overall nice.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is an herbal slap in the face by a sharply-dressed 40-year-old Italian playboy millionaire. It's a bit harsh at first, with a strong natural lemon note, but it soon becomes much smoother and more woody, and apologizes a bit for initially overpowering you. To me, it is the lemon that gives this the right to be called Tuscany, though probably a Tuscan autumn rather than summer because of the slight nip in the air that the herbs convey to me. It really makes me envision a small town in northern Italy, as featured in countless Olive Garden commercials, or, alternatively, a crisp golden november evening in the semi-desert scrubland where I grew up, east of LA. This is unambiguously man-juice, but not in such a brash way that you wish it would just shut up after a while, like some of the other 80s kick-you-in-the-balls scents. Sometimes I worry that it's too strong, but if you spray conservatively, you're probably OK. From the ones I've smelled, Aramis in general maintains a line of men's fragrances that still smell satisfyingly like men's fragrances.

krmarich
krmarich

I have never had a history of Tuscany until now. I happened upon a vintage bottle by chance and bought it for about $50. I thought "why not since the notes look perfect for the heat of summer". My hunch was correct. I am a sucker for lemony fougeres and this one is near perfect

I was too young(poor) to have a bottle when it debuted in 1984. My mother thought Aramis was for mature men who could afford it. I guess I am mature enough for this perfect composition from Aramis today.

It has a very Italian accent that seems somewhat familiar. Lemon, just enough lavender, Mediterranean herbs are carefully harmonized are like the sun rising over the misty hills of Tucany. Then my all time favorite note-neroli peeks out. The soft warm leather combines with the patcholi and oakmoss. The sandalwood/spice notes frame the entire masterpiece.

I am reminded of vintage Gucci form the 1970s the most. This is a worthy substitute. I feel lightning struck twice with these classics! Alas, they are gone forever. I will cherish my bottle.

Spending an afternoon in the sun alone lets you appreciate the notes. Its best shared in romantic company as it last well into the evening.

word-doctor
word-doctor

Terribly disappointed. I tried this once on paper awhile back and figured I'd rotate it in when Winter got to the Gulf Coast. But today I tried it on skin at a counter.

Lovely barbershop opening. Reminded me of Pinaud Clubman and I think this is where people get Azzaro PH. Then, in 20 minutes, I'm left with a single, synthetic note. Might be coumaring/cassia. It's very similar to the awful cinnamon note in reformulated Z14. Also similar to Sung, which I couldn't stand despite its bomb like reputation. I think I'd love vintage Tuscany, but this seems like a sad shadow of the classic.

Sillage: 2/10

Bummer.

sensitivenose
sensitivenose

I don't like this cologne. The caraway is to strong for my taste. It reminds me of Pasha.

missan

If this was a world with a true feeling for what is right the vintage Tuscany should still be produced in all it´s glory, and even be top shelf seller instead of these synthetic crap based sellers that are reciding there today. I´d wish.

SecurityDude
SecurityDude

Ahhhhh Tuscany, what else is there to say?

mshilov
mshilov

amazing! pure beauty in a masculine way. use it from my childhood until now and never get bored of it ))

kay_dee
kay_dee

this was heavenly good on my boyfriend back then in the 90's.. kept me sniffing his neck all the time
very masculine .. very nice warm spicy scent..

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I'm not sure what I think about this one because I am attracted to it and repelled by it at the same time. I started out liking it. It's a nicely modulated leather scent and certainly smells unlike most of the fresh/blue/sport stuff that seems to dominate the market.

On the other hand, as the day wore on I started to get an "old man" vibe off it. There's a nagging note there that smelled like poor hygiene to me. I guess it doesn't work with whatever my skin exudes or something. Weird. It smells just fine on a friend of mine...

I see this reminds people of Azzaro pour homme. I don't like Azzaro pour homme. Perhaps I'm objecting to the same thing in both.

Happy Spirit
Happy Spirit

I just met the most wonderful, sexy guy last week. He was wearing this and it suited him so beautifully, it added to the whole "attractive" vibe he was giving out. I told him how good he smelled and he beamed from ear to ear.

Apparently, no woman had ever told him how good he smelled before. I'm tempted to buy a bottle for myself so I can have the memory of him every time I smell it!

Geordie Sam
Geordie Sam

This has been my favourite frag ever since I first experienced it, you just can't get any better than this.The Aniseed and citrus work so well together, I have NEVER had as many complimemts on a fragrance from women as I have had while wearing this.Buy some asap.
Geordie Sam.

Greg1965
Greg1965

I got a chance to try it yesterday. At first my impression was NO, not for me. The longer it lasted, the scent was okay and not disturbing. Althought it took a while to like the scent, I would not buy it.

twlahue
twlahue

Got the new reformulated version, or should I say mutilated version...
Starts strong but goes away fast, becoming a skin scent.

I had the original version back in the 80's.
Loved it. Too bad...

missan

I have the original formulation. I consider it close to a masterpiece, depending on how natural it is and how well balanced.
A little like a cross between Quorum some formulations away, and the best from Phileas.
Very long lasting and did I say lovely. 9/10

Just remember, the bottle should not have any label.

And I don´t find it similar to Azzaro pour homme at all.

OPfragjunkie
OPfragjunkie

This was my signature frag in the 80's and early 90's. I LOVED it!!! Went through several bottles. It doesn't seem the same anymore, but I remember it so fondly!

First, cloth sampling of the vintage formulation. The citrus notes are nice but don't last long. After that you can tell there is a huge amount of patchouli here. The sandalwood must be gobbled up by it. There seems like some oakmoss is present but it's not especially strong. I wouldn't compare this to Azzaro Pour Homme because that one is more about the anise and oakmoss. This is about an accord with lots of notes (sour, sweet, spicy, lavender, etc.) acting as counterpoint to the patchouli-dominated accord of base notes. It's certainly rich and natural smelling, but it may be too pungent for those used to recent "fresh," aquatic, "sports," and gourmand fragrances. Even if you like a few of these "old school" fragrances, I suggest sampling this first.

UPDATE: The drydown to this is quite similar to vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. The main difference seems to be the patchouli in this one.

jtappenden
jtappenden

A superb men's fragrance.So dominant & masculine in character.One of the all-time greats for me!

DJM
DJM

There has definitely been a reformulation of this scent. I had purchased the reformulation of this juice about a year ago, and it was in heavy rotation with some of my other fave fragrances from the time period that it was out and was popular. It was just o.k. nothing as I remember it. It did not last long, and there was not as much seperation in the dry down. Along comes my Vintage bottle of this, brand new today. Side by side test spraying two light sprays on each arm. Vintage is a lot stronger, but not in an overwhelming way. More leather notes present in it, and a lot spicier. Reformulation is missing the leather, and only slightly spicey. After an hour of wearing both, the reformulation is pretty non existent, while the Vintage is still as present as it was when I first applied it. Definitely a weakness going on here. The dry down is very much similar only much less present. No where near as bold and masculine as the Vintage juice that I loved about this one when I got my first bottle back in the 80's. I do not think this is dated at all. This is one gorgeous scent. I am glad I found the Vintage still in circulation. If you want to try the Vintage, you have to get the bottle that does NOT have the label on the front of it. Tonight I can proudly say that the reformulation of this which is more then half gone anyhow, will be finding it's way to the trash. How can people actually reformulate? In all my years I can honestly say I have not sampled a reformulation of anything I used to wear to be of my liking. Very good choice here, and big compliment getter, at least on me it is. Now FORTE by Tuscany was another one of my faves that I have not been able to find anyplace. The search is on for yet another great scent.

waine
waine

I remember this distinctly from the 80's from the 50ml bottle I owned. A powerhouse masculine fragrance that I absolutely adored. One of the best from the house of my first love - Aramis.

Unfortunately the re formulation will deter me from another purchase. Somehow, I am leaning towards fragrances from the last two decades during my regular testing escapades.

For what it is worth, I still rate this as a safe purchase if you are looking for an outstanding aromatic fougere for yourself, or even as a gift for a loved one...

summerjet
summerjet

The blend of citrus and spice in Tuscany is perfect creating a pure hybrid. No subtlety. No top, middle or bottom notes. No dry down. Just a juggernaut; it never gives up.
This is my favourite smell.
I wear Tuscany for me. If they don't like it then they can go over there. There is no compromise.

GoodVibrations

As with all the Aramis greats, it is the epitome of WHAT IT IS. Bullseye chypre. The most beautiful leather-turning-to soft natural moss male chypre in existence.

orestes
orestes

I don't like this fragrance since reformulation.... havana also reformulated!

fuggerone
fuggerone

I actually stockpiled this, it creates a wild aura,mesmerising and charming, a sure shot for being sexy!
must say I got a batch of vintage, reformulation is watered down..let's say a summer flanker... Tuscany Sport!

K1
K1

A real lady-killer.
Forget about fresh dusty aromatic mainstream, the opening is just a pleasure indeed and shame that such a masterpiece is rare in markets.
Frankly, i think it's not bad at all that I haven't got this one, cause if I had it, I'd definitely use it up quickly for its opening!
This is magnificently charming much better than Azzaro pour homme with more inviting theme. For dry down it stimulates Terre d'Hermes a bit but so much bolder.

izzmontano
izzmontano

This to me smells like a classier version of Halston Z-14, awesome! Do a side by side comparison & you will see what I mean, they both have a moss like scent. This is some sexy stuff.

ericrico
ericrico

In my opinion, the best ever from this house - Vintage Tuscany Per Uomo is truly a modern classic. This came out in 1984, the same year another masculine powerhouse scent was released, Davidoff for Men (Classic). This could be its cousin back home in Italy - wearing a tailored suit, sunglasses and chic as hell. Both are masculine and rich fragrances but Davidoff is a powerhouse and Tuscany Per Uomo is a wonderful, suave Aromatic Fougere that smells divine.

The citrus in this is wonderful, along with the brilliant opening of basil and lavender - truly invigorating! One is transported to a garden in rolling hills of Tuscany - with a nice breeze. So nice on the skin. The heart of earthy caraway and herbal notes is where this opens up brilliantly. The tarragon and anise are in perfect proportion here. Not as dominant or prevalent as in some other classic Fougeres (including Azzaro Pour Homme and Charles Jourdan Un Homme), but done with a very organic, light and herbal feel that blends into the basil, lavender and citrus. A well-integrated presentation of these notes - not uncommon to find in compositions, but 'how' Vintage Tuscany Per Uomo does it is utterly amazing.

I think the orange blossom keeps it lighter and more floral, but also you get the brilliant, sharpness of the patchouli shining through from the base. It becomes more earthy and warm with the oakmoss, leather and key note of tonka bean (coumarin) making this a true Aromatic Fougere, with classic styling. The sandalwood, for me, shows up later in the dry down - after the rich Italian leather and Oakmoss have deepened the entire fragrance (while still retaining a distinct herbal/green accord that just carries beautifully). It is a nice note that gives you nice roundness, even a touch creamy - and it interacts perfectly with the tonka bean to bring a smooth, warm late dry down. The Oakmoss keeps the greenness and the rich Leather note is the driving gloves and smooth bucket seat in your Alfa Romeo as you drive through the Tuscan countryside, with the top down...soaking up the sun. The smells and aromas surround you. It is a day that you feel more "alive"...

I drove through Tuscany on my honeymoon with my beautiful wife. I know the beauty - taken in both from your eyes and your nose. This is truly wonderful...and timeless.

A very natural composition with nothing out of place. No comparisons to Davidoff even though they might share a few notes. It's the difference between sheer elegance in Tuscany and a refined powerhouse in Davidoff. Enough comparison, although the common year and olfactory notes do have similar points - it is in the way Tuscany Per Uomo develops that makes it so different, even from other great Aromatic Fougeres. Vintage formula is the only "Tuscany Per Uomo" - period. Do not waste your money on the reformulation. I have a bottle that will be savored for years to come. It is special. I have been to and loved Tuscany as a place. Some great reviews here that mention just how good this is - I concur. It is not very bold or too loud (as alfarom noted) or a true powerhouse - but simply a rich, complex and wonderful composition that is timeless. This will only get better over the years (as people realize just how good it was). Fantastic - 9+/10.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

This one is my hubby's favorite scent. I think it was his first grown up fragrance. It's masculine, spicy with a very long lasting smell. I think is for special occasions as it's a strong, elegant and virile. I absolutely love it!!!!

thomkallor
thomkallor

Wore this in my "cologne infancy" in college, shortly after it launched....spicy and masculine. Sometimes layered with the Egyptian musk i would buy on the streets of NYC.
Feeling very nostalgic for these old 80's scents and thinking to buy again - - - has it really been reformulated???

gnedelchev3
gnedelchev3

One of my all time favs. Very classy, a smell I can never forget. First smelled it on the paper of Esquire magazine long tome ago...

ian_drifterdiver
ian_drifterdiver

When I wear this it am reminded of the presence of men who exude inspirational qualities. Men who are mentors without intending to be.
This is the representation of a fully grown man, not an old man yet, but a mature man with the vitality of youth and the self assuredness of experience.
It feels weird for me to wear this, I feel unworthy.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

"TUSCANY!!! Old friend ... what have they done to you??? Ripped your balls off ... that's what!!!!"

In an article that I recently read, the writer alleged that in 2011, at least three new fragrances were launched EVERY SINGLE DAY. Small wonder then, that the market is filled with such anonymous crap!!
Instead, old and revered houses (like Lauder - yes ... you are also guilty as charged!!) reformulate! What was once a super sexy leatherbound giant of a fragrance has been reduced to a pup mewling at the teat! In their defense, Lauder's reformulations are generally very sympathetic. From the Gentlemen's Collection, Devin and 900 are still very good, if lacking a little in longevity. I never really cared for New West or Havana, but how in the hell did they F**K Tuscany up so badly??? It boggles the mind!!! I used to spray this of an evening to hit the clubs, boogie my ass off until the sun came up, go home, sleep and wake up with Tuscany only beginning to reach it's final phase of drydown. I tested it (liberally) about 2 hours ago and it's just not there anymore.
I am aware that "vintage" bottles of many beloved frags are still available all over Ebay - the point (at least for me) is that I shouldn't have to be ripped off to get what I so fondly remember. Another one bites the dust :o(.

tomerits
tomerits

BEST aramis ever and one of the greatest of all time.i just love this perfume. manly,classy, strong smelling scent.very good for cold days and nights.
my rank 5/5.

pcurry1961
pcurry1961

Some women seem to really like this. It reminds me of scents from the 70's - Old Spice, Brut etc, and has an overpowering chemical feel.

It lingers forever on the body and clothes, and becomes all invasive.

Everytime I smell this I am reminded of my father shaving in the morning and liberally applying Cussons Imperial Leather, or some such vanish remover.

Best worn with a chest wig and medallion.

Decodawn
Decodawn

This fragrance is perfect for all year it is warm, woody and very sexy

harith
harith

I tried today,and remembered the father's scent during that time.
also, I found similarity between tuscany and Esencia from Loewe(1988) which is really a hidden masterpiece.
Tuscany>> is real Mediterranean scent for mature,bold man.
longevity is good on my terrible skin nature ! so it'll be the next purchase.
the base note is best of all featuring lime and wood.
rating:9/10

ION
ION

Today's "Tuscany" has nothing to do with the original.
If you liked the original DO NOT blind buy this one here.
Shame, as it used to be a very unique perfume that women
simply, could not resist..

Grottola
Grottola

TUSCANY! One of the best friends a man can have in the fragrance world. My dad wore this one, and gave me a little mini when I was a kid. I was sold for life.

Tuscany is basically a cross between Azzaro Pour Homme and Loewe Para Hombre. It's a classic aromatic fougere with the brightness of Mediterranean herbs. Tuscany takes the best of both Azzaro Pour Homme and Loewe Para Hombre and simply combines them into a trustworthy, genuine-smelling masculine. It's not overly strong, and not unpleasant - it's just right all the way. It hasn't been screwed up YET, luckily, so guys, get some while you can, because Tuscany is better than 95% of the masculine fragrances on the market today.

Luforge
Luforge

Very sexy! and one of the best from Aramis.Suitable for day/evening wear.Smells similar too Azzaro but with more longevity about 5 to 7hrs. Always had compliments with classic scent.Its very Yummy!

dmdipentino@verizon.net
dmdipentino@verizon.net

great classic. Should be worn in the winter months.
fairly spicy, heavy, almost powdery lingering scent.
I enjoy the lenthy dry-down more than the top note.

picasso_x
picasso_x

Tuscany per uomo is the one of my favorite. Classic and timeless perfume. Fresh citrus, spicy, leather smell so elegance gentle and manly. Quite longevity more than 6 hrs on me. Good for every season and good for office wear too. Tuscany per uomo is good scent until now. The best one!

JKD
JKD

EXCELLENT!!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I bought this for my husband last week and find it absolutely irresistible! It smells like a real man should, giving you an aura of warmth, earthiness and tenderness. It has a lovely herbal top note with a warm patchouli drydown which reminds me of sun drenched countryside. I think the name fits it well and I will buy this for him again and again. I've tried a few different smells on him and this is the only one we agree on - well done Estee Lauder! I would love to try the female version for myself now, but it's really hard to find!

GMK
GMK

Excellent Stuff especially for work. Very clean , Green and Fresh. Dry down is wonderful.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

This wonderful potion just bangs on all cylinders. It has a nice clean bitter citrus top, a very spicy heart with a HUGE leather animalic base, with just a dash of powder and sweet to cut the bitterness. It is definitely a fragrance for mature noses, and those noses will sing with pleasure from this well blended scent. If you are looking to attract a REAL woman, the kind with beautiful curves and an intelligence to match, this might be the scent to complete the picture. Most inexperinced noses will wince at this, and that is fine with me. Only real women need apply!
I might add that I find this to be a fantastic woody chypre...whoever classified it as a fougere has not smelled this. It is perhaps the closest fragrance to the old vintage Gucci Pour Homme. What a scent...perfect balance.

mehrdad
mehrdad

دوستی داشتم خدا رحمتش کند به نام فریبرز تیموریان و از اون شیک پوشها و جنتلمنهای خیابان گاندی بود و یک ادکلن باز تمام عیار این ادکلن توسکانی را تا میبینم و رایحه اش به من میخورد یاد او می افتم و خیلی مواقع از آن استفاده میکرد روی تن او خیلی خوب مینشست و بوی خوبی پخش مینمود
کلاسیک
مردانه
با دوام
پخش بوی خوب
نوستالوژیک

Tuscany Per Uomo is a great example of how an inexpensive and easy to find perfume can be sometimes way much better than many hype creations that cost you a fortune. Masculine, solid and ageless. An herbal patchouli composition that leaves no room to sweetness and still one of the best homages to my region. Rich and invigorating but not loud. Beautiful work!

safetyjon
safetyjon

I love this fragrance. I find it to be very similar to Azzaro PH (which is my all-time favorite fragrance). In fact, there are some aspects of Tuscany that I may like even more. The bergamot/citrus opening is not quite as sharp as Azzaro PH (I can go into public immediately after applying Tuscany). I find Tuscany's patchouli dry-down to be less "soapy" than that of Azzaro...Very smooth patchouli.

My one complaint is a big one. Whereas Azzaro gets smoother and better throughout the wearing, Tuscany just disappears. While I find myself still enjoying Azzaro 8-10 hours after application. I can barely detect Tuscany after 4-5 hours. Tuscany's sillage is much tamer than that of Azzaro PH. I have to use twice as much to get the desired effect. Then I find myself reapplying it 4-5 hours later.

When I first tried it, I had so much hope. Had I found a new signature fragrance? I simply like Tuscany that much. But alas, it's weak sillage and poor longevity are simply too significant a negative factor to allow Tuscany to overtake Azzaro as my new signature fragrance. It's still a great fragrance...Just not my new favorite.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This scent is SOOO leathery.......
(how leathery is it?)....
It's more leathery than Iggy Pop, haha ZING!

It's the first thing I noticed. I swore it was a Leather themed overkill.
Don't worry, it's a nice classical scent. But for real leather daddy's, this would be perfect.
Think Tobias Funke lol

Great for work in Autumn, and maybe for night time.

Valentino
Valentino

This dates back to the days of navy double-breasted blazers with gold buttons, cream turtleneck sweaters or heaven forbid; the two worn together!

Funny how you would feel a twit wearing that outfit today, but Tuscany on the other hand is timeless.

This is one of those classics which sticks in the mind like an old friend or lover and even though I hadn't had a whiff of it in twenty years, it was just as I remembered it. A zesty citrus opening, invigoratingly sharp and herbaceous. Those were the days when you could smell real things in a scent; lemon, lime, lavender. Yes, sometimes even that cute little guy civet, though thankfully not here! (It was his day off).

Tuscany in Italy was the fashionable place to holiday in those days. It gave the scent an air of luxury and refinement and though I doubt many of us could afford the villa, we could always aspire to this life by wearing Tuscany Uomo.

After the 'barbershop' opening there are some slightly waxy midnotes which are not TU's best aspect. I couldn't identify the culprit. The best part is a fantastic woodsy patchouli and leather drydown which wafts up from your shirt until late in the day.

I wish younger guys could get to know these superb men's frags from the past. By all means wear Tuscany today and feel like a king amongst ordinary men. Just leave the navy blazer at home!

Omega Man
Omega Man

Smells very similar to Azzaro pour homme. It's not as complex and sophisticated as Azzaro but it smells almost as good and lasts just as long. Only problem is that younger girls might think you smell like grandpa due to its classic 70's style aroma.

Bapi
Bapi

I thought it was discontinued but found it on Emirates on board shop and didn't hesitate to buy. Not having the credit of using this 'lovely scent' before coupled with the praises I heard about this for so long it was a must-buy for me to avoid further embarrassment.

Let me tell you I still have Hermes's Bel Ami in my wardrobe. A lot of reviews and my friends call this particular scent to be the younger brother of Bel Ami. And, now I say to them, "back off", and if you still insist then I will have to say, "f*** off". Anyway, my review is not to undermine this Tuscany, rather admiration, but please don't compare it with Bel Ami.

As expected, the one of the freshest of the opening note of a fragrance, dominated by lemon and bergamot mixed with another thing which I guess is clove, though it's not listed. The super fresh opening will stay as fresh till the smell lasts. The opening note switches to the heart note remarkably with caraway and anise dominating the orange blossom and something my nose couldn't detect specifically. Then after a short while the middle note guides to the richness of the base note dominated by heavenly leather and tonka mixed with wood, sandalwood and oakmoss; this part is the beauty of this marvelous scent. The silage is wonderful but the longevity is disappointing to my finding which really surprised me as most of the people on the blog find it otherwise; I can't tell why.
Silage 7.5/10
Longevity 5.5/10
Overall 7/10

The scent is recommended, but for the people who has used Bel Ami they shouldn't expect it to be one like Bel Ami. Bel Ami would score 9.5/10, to me.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

I love the classic Aramis (my signture scent), i really wanted to like this one but could not stand how sharp it is when you first apply( i have a sour throat )when i apply. the drydown is nice but not worth the misary i have at the beggining.I can say it is similar to AZZARO but Azzaro is way way better.

guest_ROUSAK
guest_ROUSAK

guest_barbara j.
guest_barbara j.

My husband has been wearing this for over 20 years and now I find it is discontinued by aramis. i am very disappointed, as we both loved it on him.

Mr. Da-veed
Mr. Da-veed

Tuscany Per Uomo is one of the best smelling men's fragrances of all time. I have been wearing it since the mid 1980's and it is still one of my favorites. It just smells nice!

The Baron
The Baron

Got a compliment last week wearing Tuscany
by a complete strange woman.I was really surprised,it never happened to me before.

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

i loooove it and also love the tuscany per - for woman that i buy at estee lauder counters? why is it at both any way the smell of this reminds me alot of catalyst and that is one of my very favourite ones for men yum! but these are the only ones i have ever smelled by aramis are they all this terrific ? im going to have to make a trip to the mall just to get better aquanted with the brand its self

BIG
BIG

a burst of fresh citruses moves into sensual notes of caraway with some tonka bean touches, laying gently on a masculine base composed of oakmoss and leather.

svillatoro
svillatoro

A Great classic, highly recomended!!!

jackplee
jackplee

You can trust those guys who wear it: he is the strong, silent type......but also sweet, with shoulders you can cry on.

guest_guest 1967
guest_guest 1967

definitiv einer der besten herrendüfte von 1984 einfach und klassisch, benutze es seit einem urlaub in den usa wieder seit über 10.jahren und bin begeistert.
es ist übrigens wie auch new west in südafrika sehr beliebt.

cassio
cassio

Classic , masculine and romantic.
I had good moments with it.

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

Nice citrus-woody fragrance but not heavy on the citrus, more classic and masculine than I imagined it would be. Tuscany seems a bit more dry than classic Aramis, it's a classy fragrance, but the silage is a bit too close to the skin for me. So yea it's nice with a great vintage feel, I was hoping for something really special with this, but I don't think it is for me. I do think it's pretty nice though, and suits colder weather more that hot

Castor
Castor

"De lo bueno si breve, dos veces bueno" is a Spanish say meaning that good and short-lived experiences are twice the better.

Whenever I use Tuscany, I recall this say: how can such a wonderful fragrance in its complexity have such a limited longevity? No matter this, it is one of the more enjoyable scents in my collection.

instantjim
instantjim

I remember over 20 years ago being a recently married,(not-quite-starving) art student,going from store to store trying to score free samples of this (they gave away minis at the time). I bewailed using the last of these samples after a year or so. Then ten years later my wife bought me a 100mL bottle of the forte version (dark black glass bottle), which I used with such restraint that it lasted me 5 or so years. Every now and then, working on the principle that "there's always one more spray in the bottle" I would revisit the bottle to see if there was perhaps that one last spray. It worked for a while, but now, alas it is definitely empty. For years this has been the fragrance by which I compare all others. The sweet- woody - spiciness makes this a classic. It lasts for a very very long time on my skin (or it least, it did while I still owned it).

ZeeK
ZeeK

I can't accept Tuscany Per Uomo as a romantic addition in my collection (as denoted in its advertisement) but yes it can be a formal / casual everyday wear and possess immense masculinity. Lasting is good but it’s not a silage monster. Nice citrus-woody choice for mature guys!

AMENDMENT: Even if not romantic for dining out.... it has a great affect during intimate moments.... it really boost your senses as well as your partner's!!

shamus1
shamus1

If you're looking for a fragrance that tells the world, "Yes, I'm a MAN!!", then Tuscany is for you. Think of it as a much spicier Azzaro Pour Homme. It starts off with some very spicy top notes, very nice, but those top notes fade after about 20 minutes, and Tuscany mellows out to a very relaxed, warm, rich and manly scent. If you buy fragrances based mainly on whether or not women will think you smell good, you won't go wrong with Tuscany. Me, I buy fragrances that I like to smell on myself, and I love Tuscany. A true classic that I hope Aramis makes forever.

ca.comMiss_Binky
ca.comMiss_Binky

really nice masculine scent but w/ anough lime for a female to wear as well-I rec'd this from a cousin whose signature scent it is and sort of use it as a comfort smell-the earthiness magnifies the association and gives it a lot of warmth

Tuscany Per Uomo by Aramis 4.35 out of 5 based on 308 ratings and 82 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tuscany Per Uomo by Aramis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tuscany Per Uomo by Aramis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.