Designers » A » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Frankie Ariana Grande for women and men

Frankie Ariana Grande for women and men
dislike

ARIANA GRANDE FRANKIE was named after Frank James Michael Grande Marchione known as Frankie Grande, Ariana Grande’ older step-brother. He is an American dancer, actor in music theater, singer, producent and YouTube person. Composition of the fragrance was envisaged as a combination of their energies, characters and personalities, as a vibrant, dynamic and sugared blend!

Top notes of the composition are flirtatious and sexy, created of pink pepper blending with thick and sweet zests of apricot and pear. The heart develops notes of wild orchid posing contrast to cedar, while the base is warm and creamy, made of sandalwood and musk. Crystal sugar in the base contributes to characteristic signature, which is sweet, seductive and irresistible.

Fragrance Ariana Grande Frankie is available as a limited edition in a silver color bottle with pom-pom ball as 50ml Eau de Parfum. Frankie was launched in 2016.

Pink Pepper Pear Apricot

Wild Orchid Cedar

Sandalwood Musk Sugar

Golden Sand

Frankie Fragrance Reviews

andonirdc
andonirdc

I have to start by saying I'm really ashamed I bought this perfume. I was part of the huge group of people disliking Ariana Grande and not necessarily giving her credit for her work. But I just couldn't resist, this bottle is sooo beautiful, I've never seen such a thing, it's the most gorgeous I have ever seen ! I had to own it and that's why I ordered it in shame.

In real life I was a little bit disappointed because the packaging is a bit cheap like the box is not made of very good quality cardboard and the bottle is lightly irregularly paint coated. For the price of € 50,00 I expected better quality but anyway that Pom-Pom ! I love it ! It's the cutest part it's so perfect !

Now if I have to review the scent, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed as I didn't expect anything from it, I just bought Frankie for the bottle. But I must say it's nothing special, it doesn't smell particularly good. It's just ok.
When you first spray it, you get a huge splash of non-descript fruits. Very syrupy like fruits covered with thick honey. I don't get any pink pepper in any stage of evolution. The fruity opening lasts for around one and a half hour after what you get after are very synthetic cedar wood and sandalwood notes but you don't even have the time to experience them as they disappear in a few minutes like 10 max.

The drydown is pure sugar and when I say pure sugar it's like syrup sugar, and a very intense one ! But what's great is that you also get a nice vanilla orchid smell which balances the composition a little bit. The musk is not that noticeable but it's there that's for sure. It's very nice and after one hour or so you get back some slight notes of fruits syrup along with the sugar and the orchid smell. I'd say it last for about 2 more hours as a skin scent.

The total longevity would be around 5 hours but the perfume really doesn't project nor does it stay longer on fabric textile.

As a conclusion I wouldn't say it's a bad perfume, it's just ok, nothing special or groundbreaking. And supposedly it wasn't aimed to be anything special, just a limited edition scent. :) As for the gender label I don't have any opinion since I never label a perfume as more feminine or masculine, I really don't care.

But gosh this bottle is to die for, I'm I love ahah ! It even makes me want to buy the original Ari perfume just for the white Pom-Pom ahahah !

dariodp123

For some reason I like this fragrance. I got it for free like wtf. But the scent is not that much unisex, I think it's more girly or like someone said; a lighter version of Minajesty. I smelled the pear at the beginning and it lasts longer than expected (after all the bad reviews). I never smelled Ari so I can't compare them. But I like this.

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

So I'm going to review this fragrance based on 3 things.
Bottle, Box, Smell.
I do not judge any fragrance by the name on behind the scent.
The box is pretty boring in my opinion, Black and white everything.
The bottle is different, I like the geometric metallic silver design with the black pom pom as a little contrast.
The actual scent is very different in my opinion, On one hand it is manly and woody/musky but on the other hand it is also fruity, creamy vanilla.
I personally love this fragrance as it lasts approx 8-9 hours on my skin.
I give this scent an overall 8.5/10
Glad I bought 2 bottles of this !!

Elleg94
Elleg94

So for all the children fighting below me, I'll give you an actual review as I work for ulta and have been able to actually try it. The scent overall is unremarkable and synthetic, similar to her other one. That's my biggest disappointment with this celebrity fragrances, they don't use quality juice that smells natural. Anyways, back to the review. The opening is extremely strong and very fruity. Something about the opening just doesn't resonate though, its extremely sour. Ok, so for the middle notes. It still holds that sour note, but it starts to smell a bit florally and dry. Nothing remarkable, smells a bit like mad potion by Katy Perry at this stage. The drydown then turns into ari basically while still maintaining that bitter note. It's extremely marshmallow at this point. Both fragrances are similar in composition, I get this strong hairspray/ammonia vibe that I haven't smelled in other fragrances...its unpleasant. Overall, its just not a good fragrance. The bottle is like the other one except it is metallic and has a black poof. I'd remove that thing if you end up buying this because it gets soaked after a while. I had no idea this would even be classified as unisex as it definitely does not smell masculine in any way. I can't honestly see men wearing this and agree with some of the other users. Gay audience? I suppose, but even the gay guys I work with said they wouldn't wear it. Maybe for a teen lgbt? I guess, but bottom line, there are better fragrances out there. Longevity is not good either, completely disappeared after an hour. Sillage is also weak, other than the initial spray being suffocatingly strong, it doesn't last long with no projection. Hope this helps, now stop arguing people. I dislike her as well, but it is about the fragrance. So don't leave reviews just because you hate her or if you worship her. It doesn't help and this site is about reviewing scents, not people. (Even though it's hard to separate the scent from the person, especially if they aren't someone you should like or look up to due to their poor character). I'd give the scent a 2.5/10 overall.

adamspira
adamspira

To ggirl83's comment, there is no particular scent for a man, and if a man wears a feminine scent does that mean he's hiding something? I bought ari, her first perfume and i'm a boy...so does that mean I am hiding anything? I think you are a bit mistaken when it comes to gender roles because as you can see today nobody cares who acts like what!!

Other than that (ridiculous) comment, I love how Ariana Grande has dedicated her second fragrance to her brother. The bottle is even better than the first, and some notes are similar to her first perfume but still sound nice. I am trying to get this perfume since I loved her first one, so hopefully it's a nice perfume!

mew94
mew94

It will be interesting to see what Ariana will come up with for her first unisex fragrance. I thought Ari was great, I was regularly complimented and some of my guy friends actually stole some whenever they were in my room. It only seems to be available in a 50ml bottle at the moment but I have it on pre-order anyway. The notes seem interesting. I have a lot of faith for this.

daffysheldonduck
daffysheldonduck

it's a great idea to make a unisex perfume actually. britney spears should make one too. it's gonna sell big time. it sounds like a good scent to me: peppery, sweet, musky yum.

Eu.Rafael
Eu.Rafael

que horror!
agora sim as bixa vão ter um perfume de bixa para bixa!

I<3Perfume

Dariodp123 Yeah but does perfume real ha e a gender lol. Yeah its alot like Nicki Minaj fragrances. If you wanna see the bottle check my insta @ drewberrysmores :D

I<3Perfume

I got this yesterday. It's a pear, apricot musk. Not really woody. It's pretty light wear non-organic scent. Similar to Minajesty but lighter. Great day time I would say. I could see young girls and guys liking this :D

dd493
dd493

Oh boy, another generic celebrity fragrance...joy. Judging from the notes, no man in his right mind would wear this, so unisex is probably wishful thinking. The pom pom looks even more ridiculous than before (what guy would have a pom pom on his cologne bottle anyways? Definitely not unisex). I can't believe people even support this America hating moron, nonetheless fund her lifestyle even though she hates you. I guess if you enjoy smelling like cat spray, knock yourself out, buy her horrible fragrances. Leave the grown ups to the quality colognes like Creed, Hermès, or Lalique.

aanton1
aanton1

Well the bottle looks worse than the first one, probably smells just as bad. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the main notes are leeches...kinda like her nobody brother this is named after leeching off her 'fame'. I'll give another review once I actually smell this probable mess.

I think it's nice she targeted towards a gay audience and women ♡ Unisex ♡♡♡

Cookietookie215
Cookietookie215

Aww thats so sweet of her, she named the fragrances after her Brother :) Plus it unisex, cool!

dariodp123

As this being limited edition I think this is a must have for her fans! I'm a fan and like the concept of this being unisex. Happy there are still some female celebs who put out unisex/ man fragrances! Excited to smell this!

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Love the concept of it being unisex (I take it she prob did this for her brother?!) && the bottle is cute, but.. I'm having a tough time seeing how this could be unisex I mean unless ur gay like me && just don't care && wear anything you like..the notes && bottle scream a lil feminine still I take it though she might have did this for her lgbt fan base which is actually pretty sweet && awesome of her. :)

Frankie by Ariana Grande 2.96 out of 5 based on 29 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ariana Grande Frankie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ariana Grande Frankie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Frankie by Ariana Grande. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Frankie by Ariana Grande represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.