Designers » A » Oriental « Groups

Geisha Noire Aroma M for women

Geisha Noire Aroma M for women
dislike

Geisha Noire Aroma M for women Pictures Geisha Noire Aroma M for women Pictures Geisha Noire Aroma M for women Pictures

Geisha Noire by Aroma M is a Oriental fragrance for women. Geisha Noire was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Maria McElroy. The fragrance features sandalwood, tonka bean, black amber and vanilla.

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Black Amber Vanilla

Ambraliquida
Intimate
Secret De Venus

Geisha Noire Fragrance Reviews

TessiiDob
TessiiDob

I absolutely love this! I got a sample and was hooked from the first go, and recently just got my first full bottle of the oil. When it first goes on, I get the amber very strongly, quickly followed by the sandalwood. Two hours on, it settles in to a gorgeous, soft, warm spice - almost velvety in some ways. For some reason I get an almost frankincense like whiff from this, even though it's not listed in the ingredients - it reminds me a little bit of the incense from church, only not as sharp. A few more hours and I get soft, creamy spiced vanilla, with a touch of smoke - this is simply a lovely, soft, warm, spicy, inviting scent. I keep getting gorgeous wafts of it, and I can't stop smelling my arm! It lasts well too - I put this on in the morning, and can still smell it at the end of the day, and it still smells divine!

tandaina
tandaina

I put this on and thought: Shalimar. errily similar. Not that they smell exactly the same but there's that powdery feel. I hate powder. Hate it.

But because of the other reviews I'm waiting and I'll see if the powdery phase passes and hte amber comes out because amber I love.

AveParfum
AveParfum

My initial impression was that of a light amber with not a lot of depth. But hour after hour, I kept smelling something gorgeous and addictive drifting up to my nose. I had written off Noire as a light fragrance, so I assumed that the marvelous scent was some other perfume on my jacket from the last time I wore it. But after a few hours, I smelled the spot on my skin with Noire on it, and I had to eat my words big time [sheepish look on my face]! It was a breathtakingly dense, balsamic incense; an intensely deep, precious amber; just barely sweet. I wasn't certain, but I thought there could be a little frankincense in it. Noire is NOT an Avignon-style Catholic church perfume. It is, however, one word: Crack. It will cause those embarrassing situations where you get caught sniffing yourself in public, at a red light, in a meeting with an important client, and so on.

While it contains vanilla, make no mistake about it, this is a balsamic perfume, and resins are the most intense notes. Noire is a dark amber and walks a tight line between feeling cold and medieval and warm and soothing. So it's a little of both at the same time. It is not churchy whatsoever, yet still feels very sacred. Out of the several perfumes I have sampled from Aroma M, I would say that this is Ms. McElroy's masterpiece. A sublime, distinctive amber, the likes of which I have never encountered.

(I sampled the oil. It does not resemble Shalimar whatsoever as there is no citrus, nothing smoky, vanilla was not the dominant note, and there was very little powder, if any at all. I did not sample the EdP.)

ankali
ankali

I'm with rschmidt65 -- this goes powdery in a very Habanita-heliotrope way. More effortless projection from Habanita, though.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This smells exactly like Habanita to me, especially the first few hours. After that it settles and becomes a bit sweeter. By the end it's sweet vanilla and reminds me of a Shalimar flanker.

adriadne
adriadne

I've become a bit obsessed with this scent. It perfectly captures the soul of what I love about amber-based scents. It's dark and mysterious. It's like wandering into a very old occult book store or a mysterious unmarked nightclub for the first time -- and instantly feeling like you belong there, like you've just found home for the first time.

Normally, I'm fickle when it comes to perfume, but I find myself reaching for this bottle everyday. It might just end up as my signature fragrance in spite of the fact that I'm not really looking for one.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Un'ambra solida, spessa, uniforme, fortemente talcata.
Il profumo, superato un primo deciso impatto alcolico, rimane saldo su un'unica nota, cioè semplice, lineare ambra avvolta da vaniglia austera.
Se fosse un fiore sarebbe un solifleur.
Un po' retro', senza sfumature cangianti.
Netta come un segno di gesso su una lavagna.
Chi ama l'ambra tout court l'apprezzerà.
Mi ricorda molto Ambraliquida Erbolario.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this is a strong dark amber when first applied. it's pretty pungent on me. after awhile i get a bit of a baby powdery thing, probably from tonka (?) but that soon passes and i'm left with a soft but rich amber. i have mixed feelings on this. for one thing, it feels a bit too much for me, but on the other hand, once it softens it's quite beautiful and i am trying this on a warm day, but i think i'd personally get better mileage on a cooler day. so yes, i do really like this. it's a very "me" scent but i think i need to re-try in winter and put a little less on my skin next time!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Geisha Noire does immediately call Shalimar to mind, but it's softer, without the intense bergamot and powerful birch tar note that Shalimar opens with.

It opens with delicious woods and spices, with underlying vanilla that becomes more prominent into drydown.

But the vanilla never ends up simple or synthetic as other vanillas often do. It's an absolute treat for the nose, paired to perfection with a salty sweet, animalic ambergris, smooth tonka and touch of smoke.

The touch of ambergris and rich golden amber reminds me a little of Cuir Fetiche's sensual dry down too

It may be sacrilege to say this, but I find it more publicly wearable than the classic EDP Shalimar, which has a heavier powder. (Which is one of the reasons why I think there are so many flankers of Shalimar now - from the more vanillic to more citric).

Geisha Noire is indeed very relaxing, as the Aroma M site mentions. It's tactile and sensual, like rough velvet and cat fur, smooth with little tufts to give texture and definition, so it's not just a smooth sweet amber/vanilla.

This is my second perfume love from Aroma M, the first was Geisha Green (not on the database here)

Geisha Noire's sillage is soft to moderate depending on application (I'm wearing the perfumed oil, so the EDP will have more projection). Longevity excellent, many many hours of lovely dry down. Perfect for winter/Autumn days and cooler evenings year round,date nights and just for your own personal, comforting velvety scent

If you love Midnight in Paris, Bulgari Black, Shalimar's dry down and Cuir Fetiche, you'll love this

(Oh yes, and no Iso E, big synthetics and the like, very easy on the nose!)

Lana148
Lana148

Geisha Noire is dark, rich, chocolaty, boozy amber with a touch of roasted vanilla (does such thing exist?). So, Noir indeed!

Smells very natural... and although I can't tolerate very chemical fragrances this is just too natural for me. The fragrance smells a lot like perfumed oil. I am not into oils, not right now anyway. Geisha Noire smells the closest to Ambre Fétiche Annick Goutal. I would still recommend Amber lovers to check this mix out.

Ursa Mater
Ursa Mater

I'd heard interesting things about Aroma M oils in general, and Geisha Noire in particular, from a few perfume-oriented friends, so I ordered their sampler pack. While I have mixed feelings about a few of the vials they sent me, Noire was a winner. I brought the sampler pack along with me on a long romantic weekend away for my anniversary, and Noire is the one I chose to wear out on the night of, so I'll admit, there's might be some sentimental clouding--but really, it's rather lovely. The smokiness reminded me a little of Shalimar at first, and I was afraid it would suffer in comparison as it does not truly manage to capture Shalimar's elegance, but at heart it is its' own fragrance. As it dries down, it becomes tastier and more complex, still spicy and smoky but also rich with glowing woods and vanilla. This perfume is like polished smoky quartz: cloudy, smoky, dark but not quite opaque, a bit somber, but content and understatedly refined. The oil is so thick and the scent is so strong that the tiny sample vial will last for repeated, multiple applications--good thing, as I've grown a bit addicted. I will almost certainly be springing for the rollerball as soon as I run out. A great scent for fall and winter.

Jenavira
Jenavira

You know when that iconic sexy that doesn't work for you at all? Well let me name mine: Coco, Shalimar, and Opium. Each one has a jarring note that never quite works. Coco and Opium remain pepper spray on me and Shalimar retains a gasoline note throughout never becoming that smoky vanilla goodness that others get. Geisha Noire is that sexy iconic scent for me. It is intense, lusty, and obviously for the night out. On me it is a spicy sandalwood heavily laced with amber and vanilla that retains an earthy very sexy evocative quality, what all those iconic scents are to others this one is to me. This review is based on the oil.

Barky
Barky

I am sampling the oil version.

Firstly, this stuff is THICK. Whatever residue is on the sample applicator applied to the wrists is enough for me, so proceed with caution when applying.

Geisha Noire starts out heavy on what I perceive to be the black amber. It's full of leathery, powdery, smokey sweetness, somewhat reminiscent of Shalimar without the citrus. This facet of the fragrance fades somewhat to become a dark, lovely vanilla-sandalwood that melds beautifully with the skin. I know the term "noire" has essentially lost all meaning in perfumery, but this one actually seems up to snuff.

Very reasonably priced for niche, especially considering how little product it takes per application. Worth sampling!

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

You said it, missk!!! I love the Goutal orientals, so for me this is perfect. I have nothing to add - Doc Elly, Sherapop (sans pain) and MissK have covered anything that I might have said.

I haven't stopped sniffing my wrist for the last hour or more. Wish that I could afford more than just this decant.

Geisha Noire is an oriental laden with thick amber and smoky vanilla. It's a fragrance that would fit in well with Annick Goutal's Les Orientalistes collection. That being said, if you enjoy Ambre Fetiche or Myrrhe Ardente, do try Geisha Noire.

This is a night-time, cold weather scent. It is fairly heavy, and if worn incorrectly it could become offensive. Use it like you would a perfume oil. Just a few dabs here and there should last you all day.

The more this fragrance settles the smoother and more feminine it becomes. The vanilla and tonka bean accords provide a hint of sweetness, a blend that works well alongside the black amber and dusty sandalwood.

Geisha Noire is actually quite sensual on the skin. Dark and somewhat edgy, a 'take no nonsense' type fragrance. I like it and I can see myself wearing Geisha Noire again come Winter.

I agree with jcmunich, Geisha Noire does have a Shalimar like drydown, a similarity that I wasn't able to pinpoint until I read his review. I think it's safe to say that Geisha Noire has borrowed many characteristics from Shalimar and those Annick Goutal scents I mentioned previously. I'm not put off by this however, and I am most glad to have discovered this beautiful fragrance.

josine75
josine75

Adorable fragrance, the amber is sweet but not overly sweet, vanilla is noticeable but not overpowering. According to its notes, this perfume may seem boring or simple, but it isn't at all. It is dark yet sweet, seductive yet comforting. Perfection in a bottle imo. Wish it were easier to find; cannot find it anywhere in Europe. Some US shops sell it but shipping costs are massive. Such a shame!
*Edit: found it in a German webshop...:-) *

SuperPookie
SuperPookie

When I initially applied this I was very impressed. It was a strong,sexy Amber with a powdery note that kept it from being overly heavy .Unfortunately that was short lived. The powder intensified until that was the most predominate scent & while it still smelled pleasant it was not what I consider to be "Noir" .

antfarm
antfarm

The first time I tried this, I was blown away because it smelled just how Luckyscent described it--as a dark fragrance fit for a femme fatale. I kept feeling that nothing I had in my closet was sexy and vampish enough to wear along with this fragrance. As the fragrance progressed, the patchouli crept into the forefront with its drum circle getting louder and louder, and thus this oil made the most unfortunate transition from Barbara Stanwyck badass territory to simple, synthetic patchouli.
EDIT: Sometimes this works really great with my chemistry in the oil form.

I was initially disenchanted with Aroma M GEISHA NOIRE, my first perfume oil to try from this house, because immediately after application I found that my neck was stinging. It is entirely possible that something in the oil reacted with a lotion I had applied earlier in the day, so I don't want to say that this is necessarily a part of the perfume, but it did affect my initial reaction to it.

However, by the end of an hour the pain had entirely subsided, and as more time elapsed I became captivated by this dark amber creation. There is an animalic side to it, so I think that ambergris is present, but it also has a soft and sumptuous labdanum facet.

Overall, this a winter-weather perfume for amber lovers who like darker rather than lighter treatments. GEISHA NOIRE seems to me to be an excellent name for this composition because the sillage expands to trap the wearer--and anyone else who happens to be around--in a silken web of seduction. It definitely won me over through the course of a single wear... GEISHA NOIRE is a beautiful amber perfume.

Aprilily
Aprilily

Strong, heady and sexy. Does not take much and lasts forever. It's creamy, powdery, and a little naughty.

fpih
fpih

I basically smell sandalwood in this one with just a little bit of amber. As it dries down the sandalwood overpowers all other notes. It's oriental, it's velvety and creamy, it has sillage and lasting power, but in the end after 2-3 hours, it basically smells like those incense sticks that are sold by Indian vendors. Not what I'm looking for.

scentous
scentous

shalimar with more spice, good perfume.. lasting and lasting..

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This evening I tried my sample of Geisha Noire EdP. This is an absolutely gorgeous, extraordinarily powdery fragrance full of vanilla, tonka, sandalwood, and something a little bit animalic, especially in the beginning. I could swear I smelled a whiff of castoreum in there. It’s strong without being overpowering. It’s pretty, refined and ladylike on the outside and primitive and sexy inside the silk kimono. There’s lots of sillage, but I still can’t stop smelling my wrists. I love it! In fact, I was so taken with it that I sent off for a sample set of all 9 of the Aroma M fragrance oils so that I can have a Geisha sampling fest.

sofiii
sofiii

Geisha Noire(Perfume Oil) is indeed really interesting and intoxicating as well as really comfy.

It stars really silky creamy in a vanilla none-sugary ways. So comfy that reminds me of Chai Tea Latte. A little bit cinnamon-like woodsy spicy hint dances around. The start reminds me of a subtal version of Shalimar. It's more aromatherapitic than purely elegant.

Then it goes woodier, like some dry tree branches. The nice creamy vanilla and sweet spicy hint is still there. Seems it's a kind of perfume oil that's confident on its own. Even though it's spicy,I just can't stop inhaling, it has some soothing, calming values to me.

The dry down smells heavenly. It's sexy, soft and really close to the skin. It's like Shalimar EDT on the 'Me to You' blue-nosed grey teddy bear(well, yes I was crazily in love with Shalimar and I did put some Shalimar on my teddy bear :-)*shy* ). It makes me feeling calm and experiencing a nostalgia.

Also I think it's a unisex perfume. Really worth trying!

Dixie
Dixie

I absolutely adore this! I have the roll on oil and a little does go a long way. I always get compliments when I wear it and one man said it reminded him of Shalimar.

jcmunich
jcmunich

The EDP of Geish Noir is for me what you want to find in an oriental fragrance. Dark, powerful and rich without being too sweet (you may have gathered that I do not like sweet fragrances). Sometimes it reminds me of Shalimar but then again it is not as sweet and the sandalwood comes out more. Also, I do like the fact that Maria Mcelroy used Tonka more than vanilla... The ideal winter fragrance. In the summer it is too heavy for me.

rebella
rebella

Perfume oils are very interesting indeed. A little drop goes a long way, Geisha Noire is a powerful, strong and oh so heavy oil. And as Nuppu wrote, lastingpower is amazing... Put it on in the morning and you smell the best at evening! Wich can cause some problems, I do prefer longlasting perfumes/scents but this is so longlasting it kind of comes around and bite me in my neck. Usually you put on a perfume for a party right before going from home, well that approach is pointless with Geisha Noire. You will smell amazing, but not until next morning! :)

It is smoky, ambery, some creamy vanilla and also herbal notes, the drydown is the most beautiful part and worth waiting for, even tough I would prefer a little shorter duration.

I guess a small bottle of it would last for ages and then your kids can have it! :)

Nuppu
Nuppu

First, Geisha Noire is strong, really strong and it must be used sparingly. But when you use it only by tiny, little drop, it's sensual, warm and comfortable. Rich, dark and woody, suitable on colder months, no way in h*ll on hot weather.

Lastingpower is suberb, over 20 hours and for my taste GN is at it's best after say, ten hours of wear, when it's stays more close to the skin and is like your own glowing fireplace, smoky and more softer with a hint of vanilla.

Reminds me little of Agent Provokateur Strip, and it's dark, sexy smokynes.