Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Geisha Rouge Aroma M for women

Geisha Rouge Aroma M for women
dislike

cinnamon

Geisha Rouge by Aroma M is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Geisha Rouge was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Maria McElroy. The fragrance features sandalwood, clove, cinnamon, incense, tonka bean, vanille, tobacco and star anise.

Sandalwood Clove Cinnamon Incense Tonka Bean Vanille Tobacco Star Anise

Geisha Rouge Fragrance Reviews

TessiiDob
TessiiDob

I really, really like this, nearly as much as I like the Geisha Noire, which is an awful lot. It is a beautiful blend of lovely, warm spice. I can definitely smell the star anise, but it's not in your face, just a very delicate touch. I get cinnamon and vanilla, and, now that it's been on for a couple of hours, the tobacco is starting to come out - fresh tobacco, not burnt. I make that distinction because there is also a slightly smoky touch to this as well, but it's not a burning tobacco smell - more like wood smoke and spice. All up, a truly delicious blend which showcases Maria McElroy's talents in creating stunning scents. It's one I would dearly love to wear again and again, but, alas, I don't think I'll be able to, at least not as often as I'd like. It felt quite burny on my skin after I put it on (two hours ago) and it's only just now starting to settle. Going through my perfume list, I can see that there are other perfumes that have caused a similar burning sensation, and the common ingredient was, yep, clove. So, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let that freak you out or put you off. I've tried three other fragrances from Aroma M and this is the only one that's done this. And, honestly - this is so very gorgeous that I will try it again, but a smaller amount next time. It's that good.

AveParfum
AveParfum

What a surprise, in a good way! My nose caught the delectable scent of tobacco straight away, but it was oddly juicy and tangy. I can not explain why, except that it made me think of fresh ginger notes that I sometimes smell in perfumery, a scent that reminds me of flat ginger ale. It's odd but also enjoyable. I like to imagine that this could be the scent of fresh, damp tobacco leaves.

Rouge developed into a smooth, mellow blend of spices. While notes include cinnamon and cloves, Rouge is nothing like Opium or Cinnabar, which, in contrast, smell jarring, peppery, and ostentatious. It's more along the lines of cinnamon chewing gum, yet that seems like an insult because the scent of Rouge is so much nicer. The drydown brings nuances of woods and vanilla, so subtle that sometimes I am not sure if I actually smell them. I also begin to smell just a bit of realistic smoke, like the thin line of smoke rising from a Japanese incense stick.

While Rouge isn't a loud perfume by any means, I still find it to be dark and bold and somehow very artsy. I would wear it at night when going out to an intimate dinner with close friends at an exotic restaurant.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

There's not anything feminine about Geisha Rouge, definitely unisex. I certainly like clove, anise, and cinnamon together, and I wouldn't mind if the anise were stronger. (I am somewhat of a licorice freak.) Potpourri? Loud potpourri? I don't mind smelling like potpourri, as long as it's GOOD potpourri. Seriously, Jo Malone's Blackberry & Bay reminds me of potpourri, too, but NOT in a good way, like Geisha Rouge. Probably the best clove fragrance I have found so far.

Vondetton
Vondetton

Love it! I have the perfume spray, not the oil. On my skin, I get seriously sweet ginger, and I love that. It smells like an expensive, natural ginger ale at first. Then it evolves into a warm, spicy, sweet concoction of comfort. It's difficult to balance spicy and sweet well... This is the most perfect spicy/sweet scent I've smelled ever, and I have a ton. Well done!

Cochlea
Cochlea

Amazing! This review is based on the EDP samples purchased directly from the website.

This is a delicious, and sensual mix of spices with a generous dose of cinnamon. The opening is very cinnamony but the cinnamon becomes a little sweet infused with cloves, vanilla, and sandalwood. It is a bit medicinal at first but the cloves calms down a bit. I don't see the amber in the notes but it is very heavy here! I feel like the tobacco is a bit smothered in this because it is very delicate here.
The sillage and longevity are good!

Q80
Q80

very cinnamon blast, the cinnamon that i get from all the Christmas essences, after a while it brings the glove out. it's like sharp spices mix. not my type

lalaps
lalaps

Holy heck, I love this juice! It's so sweet and spicy at the same time (you'd be surprised how hard that is to find). If there were a "Mysterious jet-set Barbie," this is what she would wear. Amazing. Perfect. Just what I've been searching for.

Guest_yvashche
Guest_yvashche

Having received an accidental sample of this, I was instantly in love. There is an undefinable quality to this perfume. Some say it has tobacco but all I smell is a sticky and languid fruit that drips with dark honey. Few perfumes last as long and the sillage is mind-blowing. Only $80 bucks? And it comes in a silk bag? And it has an Asian-style paper cover? Sold!

leathermountain
leathermountain

I'm with jadejoann4; this is cough syrup. But I don't like cough syrup.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Stunningly sweet and spicy. I don't care for cinnamon but I love this. It is similarly to a cough syrup smell. Kinda sticky and sweet but very good, It's like big red gum. I want it very bad!!

misschococat
misschococat

This scent is really one of a kind.
It is just so spicy and delicious and wonderful.
And i love the fact that it is not sweet and does not contain fruit!
One of my all time favorites. Will buy again and again.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Incense and cinnamon ..clove
these are the primary notes
that are dancing and playing
around on my skin ..playing peek a boo
with my nose.
one pops up then another ...
its a nice warm Unisex scent...
for foggy days in San Francisco!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Aroma M Geisha Rouge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Aroma M Geisha Rouge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Geisha Rouge by Aroma M. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Geisha Rouge by Aroma M represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.