Designers » A » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Anima Dulcis Arquiste for women and men
dislike

cacao
cinnamon
Anima Dulcis Arquiste for women and men Pictures Anima Dulcis Arquiste for women and men Pictures

The inspiration of the fragrance:

November, 1695, Mexico City

The scent of exotic spices floats throughout the halls of the Royal Convent of Jesus Maria, where a group of nuns prepares a Baroque recipe of Cocoa infused with an assortment of chilies. After centuries of obscurity, the convent’s secrets are exposed in a rich experience for the senses.

The main notes of the fragrance are the following: Cocoa Absolute, Mexican Vanilla, Cinnamon, Chili infusion. Anima Dulcis was launched in 2012. Anima Dulcis was created by Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Yann Vasnier.

Cinnamon Vanille Cacao Paprika

Anima Dulcis Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A spicy fragrance with a velvety dusty base, brownish, sweet, with a herbal side vaguely reminding Ambre Sultan, a juicy heart of red pepper (or pimiento?) cinnamon and vanilla rounding the base – also helped by a slightly metallic aldehydes note. Foggy smoky-talcum aftertaste. Pretty much it, a spicy Oriental blend with a brown dust all over and a sweet base. Quite short-lasting and frankly a bit dull and simplistic in my opinion, but nice.

Q80
Q80

now i got it... so the animalistic expression is actually the expression of sweat and armpit of a heavy gym sportive person that loves curry and spices! ok got it.

this one wasn't as animalistic as the Aziyad one, while the top note was a big drawback.

it has a cute vanilla cacao note in the middle & the cinnamon as well appears later. then the pepper arise right after the appearance of past mentioned.

this perfume makes you angry at the beginning giving you the sweaty filthy essence at top, but then................ it regrets it's rudeness and decides to pull you back slowly till it enchants you with the delicate silky spell that it casts around you. the vanilla in it is presented disgracefully as a sexual attractive element that memorizes the victim and drags him to bed.

this perfume is a MAJOR sexual intense that i believe only the certain evil lady would use it to pull her victim unconsciously to her throne. she is the innocent, respectful, Immodestly, decent, decorous ,bashful young lady that came from an aristocratic family. her beauty makes every single man look her way unintentionally when she passes as she is aiming on that single, innocent, masculine young Craftsman to drag him alive to her forbidden paradise shocking him by showing her lust & burning desire as she is the one & only that takes the lead.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

This is a rich (not heavy), incredibly blended fragrance. Warm, spicy and sophisticated. I couldn't keep from smelling my arm repeatedly - it's wonderful from the first application to hours later. The back story about the convent and the perfume fits perfectly. It does smell like walking the halls of a hundreds year old sanctuary while the nuns are cooking and the scent blows through. It is such a treasure of masterful blending that I could wear it everyday and never grow tired of it.

I love it! Softspicy Vanilla, rather skinclose. Not sugarsweet. Very grown-up and deep, rich vanilla with an airy cinnamon.

Jag älskar den! Mjukkryddig vanilj som är ganska hudnära. Inte sockersöt. Otroligt vuxen, djup och rik vanilj med en luftig kanel.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

This was love at first smell. I finally found a place where I live that does niche fragrances. I came, I stayed, it concquered me...
I had not read anything about this fragrance on fragrantica and trying about 10 frags, I did a selection, 6 become 4, 4 became 2 and 2 became one.
The last two I decided would be mine.
Which ones were they? Anima Dulcis and FM Portrait of a Lady. When I smelled Anima Dulcis I wanted to cry with joy, I don't know why and how but this fragrance smells like me. It is how my home smells like when I come back from a long weekend. It has cinnamon, chilies, it has chocolate and there is vanilla.

The most curious thing is that, without knowing I also bought a fragrance which name in latin, means my name in greek. When I curiously googled it I just stared at the screen in disbelief. What a wonderful coincidence. This will be a cherished, precious item in my collection. The bottle is to die for, the colour is of my beloved Irish Whiskey, and the name? The name is me :-)

Longevity:
This baby lasts. I have it on for 8 hours, it's a very close scent now but I have lost count of how many times I have sniffed myself since the last spray. Closing my eyes and inhaling deeply.
4.5/5

Sillage:
Not that much. I get wafts here and there.

Projection:
Moderate, this is not a sexbomb, this is a kind, good soul, she will look after you and cuddle you and love you in a tender, sweet way

I have such a massive crush on this perfume it's not even funny.

PS: I just looked up the maker of this perfume. I have a crush on him as well :-)

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Dry cinammon, warm vanilla and cacao, with just a hint of spice from the chilli.

It's subtle. The cacao thankfully doesn't have that heavy body-butter quality, but it's also not dark enough to really make this masculine.

Overall "Arquiste" is a feminine, spiced vanilla fragrance. Quite nice, but hugely over priced.

Roge'
Roge'

Although the accords look similar to Xocoatl, I don't think the fragrances smell anything alike. Xocoatl is more chocolates with milk and rum whereas Anima Dulces topside is vanilla heavy. In my opinion, I think this fragrance is more related to 7 billion hearts by CB I hate perfume(not in fragrantica's database). Both fragrances share that same dirty dark vanilla quality that people tend to love. A masculine vanilla fragrance? Yeah, I think so. You can thank the spices for that. After the 10hr mark, some of the notes are barely recognizable. Way, way, deep in the drydown, Anima starts to smell a little like Jaipur Boucheron(which is a elegant vanilla frag).

michael.j
michael.j

I have to say I was really skeptical about this one as I usually despise most incarnations of vanilla. This vanilla, however, was nice and dry and didn't, mercifully, have that caramel or burnt sugar smell. The is a gorgeous piece of artistry. The cocoa is so good, and with the cinnamon, it's utterly exquisite. This is FB worthy for. On my list for the next trip to Osswald.

naht
naht

can anyone compare this with Xocoatl by Fueguia 1833?

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Like others I sprayed this on my arm and thought ok...I'll walk around for a bit and see how it wears. Went and had a cup of coffee sat on a patio and could not stop smelling my arm. This is a very beautiful interpretation of mexican chocolate. I'm from Arizona originally and we have the most gorgeous restaurant there called Poca Cosa. They serve a mexican inspired chocolate mousse and this scent reminds me of that decadent desert. Beautiful deep dark chocolate infused with bone dry cinnamon & gorgeous mexican vanillin with just a hint of chile thrown in for some heat.

This just gets better and better. The dry down is pure delight. If you love chocolate with a hint of spice I highly suggest a taste of this!!! That day I went right back and bought a full bottle. The Arquiste line has some very beautiful offerings!!!

LauraB425
LauraB425

Received a sample of this a few days ago and sprayed it on my husband's chest . . . oh, my!! All I can say is DELISCIOSO!!!!!!!! Wow. If I could afford a full bottle, I would SO be running out right now to buy one!! lol
What interested me initially was the backstory (see their website - the art is beautiful and so evocative). My husband is from Mexico, and the first time we visited about 16 years ago, his abuelita (grandmother) brought out a platter of pan dulce (sweet breads) and a large pot of chocolate, which was made with fresh milk and stirred with that wooden mixer that you put between two palms and "swirl" (can't think of the name off the top of my head, but we own one now, too!) . . . anyway, Mexican chocolate is nothing like the hot cocoa we buy in the US. It is so rich and flavorful - it's heavenly, really. So, my initial interest was for a gourmand scent that would evoke these lovely memories . . . but, again - Wow! Yes, the rich cocoa wafts in and out (but not *too* much - it stays just long enough and then it disappears before just peeking through a bit here and there - perfect), and then you add that beautiful combination of the chilles, cinnamon, vanilla . . . it's just blended so well so as to form it's own unique scent, and I must say that scent just had me alternating between deep inhales, big smiles, and . . .
Needless to say, I would *highly* recommend this for men. For now we will savor this sample and start a savings fund for a full bottle (my husband agrees! *wink*)

vitabhaya
vitabhaya

As a gourmand affecianata, I have wanted so desperately to love this. It is easily liked, but something is off the mark with it. There is a kind of lightness and oddity in this scent 30-90 minutes in, after which it goes back to being just what it ought to be--perhaps a representation of the fermented cacao beans? Chili is apparent around the edges of the aroma, something you feel when you pull your nose away. Sillage is weak, longevity is there, but for the high price, I am determined to find something else.

Compared to Jo Malone's Blue Agava & Cacao, this is creamier and has that odd fruit escapade in it, and, of course, greater longevity.

EDIT: I have come to a peace with the odd sweetness, which I am now positive is the fermentation of cacao beans. Definitely the sweetness of the cocoa butter is present, and the warmth radiating off the top from the chili. I keep getting whiffs of this as I go through my day, every time thinking, "My goodness, what is that beautiful scent?" Just when I think it's gone, it continues to radiate with greater sillage than I had originally assessed. I think I love it. It is not a masterpiece, but is an interesting and unusual foray into familiar ingredients that I am slowly coming to adore. The drydown IS Mexican chocolate, bearing in mind that Mexican chocolate is creamier and less burdened and dark than its American cousin. Cozy and quiet and satiated, gourmand lovers really ought to treat themselves to try this... perhaps a few times. :)

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

How could I not love all these notes swirled together?? It sounded like true Mexican hot chocolate (very thick and unlike American watery hot chocolate). This started out with some mysterious heavy floral...like an anchor on my wrist. 20 min in, I got a hint of a dry crushed cinnamon chili powder, without any deliciousness. 1 hour later it started taking on a fermented fruit scent. What should have been a guaranteed winner turned into a head-scratching puzzle of "What went wrong here?"

This is probably the best option out of the Arquste's line of fragrances. A modernized oriental built around a cocoa-vanilla accord that's old-fashioned and extremely contemporary at the same time. Dark sugary undertones paired with a supporting paprika note provide interesting twists while cinnamon reinforces the overall oriental vibe.

Not as overpowering or heavy as you would expect from this type of fragrances and surely head and shoulders above the average quality of todays niche offerings. If you like Parfumerie Generale style you'll probably dig this...

Rating: 7.5-8/10

scentread
scentread

This fragrance does very well, the cinammon is distinct, but also complements the vanilla and cocoa, the paprika adds a kick of spice. A well rounded rich gourmand!

Ang8761
Ang8761

Just received my sample today. I'm reading the notes in this fragrance: Cinnamon, Cocoa, Vanilla, Chili. YES, they're all there. Very warm & sweet scent, unfortunately too sweet, I smell like a girl... This won't do.

drBatson
drBatson

It has enchanted me absolutely. I haven’t experinced the atmosphere of old monasteries in Mexico but I’ve visited old Spanish convents at summer. This great spiritual mix of Sun, sandy earth, spicy shrubs in garden and nearby. And this chocolate alchemy – real scent from the Kingdom of Heaven! Brilliant balance of notes, opulent sillage with a note of fresh subtle light breeze from the window (or from Heaven). Very sunny as if all this chocolate magic takes place in the monastery yard! All my female colleagues in office say in chorus: real masculine.

rritual
rritual

finally fragrance is added to the directory. this is the stand out in my opinion of the first release of fragrances from arquiste. it is a real gourmand. the cocoa and the chili is prominent. it has excellent longevity on me, at least 7-8hrs, with moderate projection for the first 3-4. people around me love this scent, it is really edible. this is a must try for fragrance lovers and for gourmand lovers it is a buy. when i first smelled this i instantly wanted it but needed to see if it lasted and projected, and it was up to my expectations. the others on the arquiste line are also well blended but this one is my favorite of the line. its a pricey bottle but for me it was worth it.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

At first time i hate this one... But something happends that i have to go back to Saks 24 hrs later and try it again...
Indont know why but i loved it.
Some hours later (5 or 6) it was still there.
An speciall aura was around me; an absoult gourmad.
One week later i bough it. You can love it or hate it, but the true is that this one is a "having" an oppinion.
If you can, smell this one.

Anima Dulcis by Arquiste 4.21 out of 5 based on 92 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Arquiste Anima Dulcis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Arquiste Anima Dulcis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Anima Dulcis by Arquiste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Anima Dulcis by Arquiste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.