Designers » A » Oriental Floral « Groups

Bergduft Alpine Rose Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes for women

Bergduft Alpine Rose Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes for women
dislike

I have it: 2 I want it: 6

Bergduft Alpine Rose Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes for women Pictures Bergduft Alpine Rose Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes for women Pictures

Alpine Rose is the second fragrance made by the Swiss perfume house Bergduft, devoted to the beauty of Swiss nature.

Alpine Rose is an oriental floral composition built around fresh rose with a hint of sweet vanilla. The powdery base includes warm sandalwood.

The fragrance is available in the concentration of eau de parfum, 50ml (1.7 o.z) and fragrant sachet. Bergduft Alpine Rose was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Brigitte Witschi.

Green Notes Bergamot Geranium Spicy Notes

Vanilla Rose Carnation

Sandalwood Musk Tonka Bean

Bergduft Alpine Rose Fragrance Reviews

My decant of Bergduft Alpine Rose was MIA for years, but it just resurfaced on the shelves of an 8 ft-tall bookcase which I have been emptying so that I can hopefully sell it since I will not have high ceilings at my new place. I threw caution to the wind (out the window?) and spritzed some of Alpine Rose on, as a sort of break--or nose palate cleanser--from Shalimar eau de cologne, although my original intention today was to review the entire Shalimar suite. Thanks, I needed that.

The opening seemed rather sour, which led me to suspect that the fragrance may have turned. That's a problem with decants: they are exposed to air from the moment when they are prepared. Fortunately, after a couple of minutes Alpen Rose dried down to a rather pleasant rose scent. Much nicer than most of the designer "rose" "perfumes" I've encountered of late. I do believe that plant life was sacrificed in the preparation of this perfume!

It appears that the management of this house has changed, as Berduft is now doing business as Odem Swiss Perfumes.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This EdP starts out vaguely rosy, powdery, and green, along with a fruity note that reminds me of a bag of mixed flavor taffy or gummi-bears. As it dries down, it becomes much lighter and more subtle, wafting out a delicate veil of an unidentifiable floral nature. There’s a strange off-note underlying it all, like some stinky weed growing among the roses and violets and candy.

Overall, though, it’s pleasant and fairly quiet, and has a personality all its own. It lasts 5-6 hours, staying fairly linear the whole way, floral, but not really a rose scent. It’s a little too floral for my taste, but those who like light, sweet, flowery scents might want to give it a try.

ALPINE ROSE is definitely my favorite of the three Bergduft perfumes. This composition has a more substantial base which appears to include something slightly dark and mysterious, along with the sandalwood and vanilla. While the floral notes of EDELWEISS and BLAUER ENZIAN have a kind of innocent, almost childlike quality, ALPINE ROSE is a more sophisticated and complex creation, in addition to being generally more appealing. The rose is definitely subtler than one finds in rose soliflores and rosebush-in-a-blender perfumes. Here, the rose appears to be mingling with some lighter florals along with gentle green notes.

The sillage of ALPINE ROSE is low, but the longevity is all right (though I'd say that this is an edt, not an edp...), thanks to what appears to be musk in the base. I like this well-balanced perfume and would wear it if I had a bottle. By the time I get to the bottom of my 8ml decant I should know whether I need to take positive action or not...

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

This rose is green, fresh and young. As libertybelle has said, it starts with grassy notes, but becomes more "rosy" when it settles down.
Alpine Rose is a natural-smelling floral, not too sweet, and has a "wet" feeling to it. The fragrance gets more powdery with the dry-down. Among the "fresh young rose" fragrances I've tried so far, I think I like this one the most. Very nice))

libertybelle
libertybelle

At first application, I wasn't so sure of this fragrance. It seemed "shrill" - must have been the green notes of the beginning. But after a few mintues, it settled nicely into a rose dominated fragrance. I don't get the vanilla - I think the green grass note from the opening lingers masking it. I find it a refreshing fragrance straddling the line of being a bit too heavy if not applied lightly. The Alpine rose has a spicyness to it also. I like it quite a bit and being different than anything I currently own, will go on my hope to buy someday list.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes Bergduft Alpine Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes Bergduft Alpine Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bergduft Alpine Rose by Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bergduft Alpine Rose by Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Guerlain Rose Nacree du Desert Yves Rocher Iris Noir Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique Prada L`Eau Ambree Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Teo Cabanel Alahine Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Guerlain Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain Nahema Cartier Baiser Vole Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Boadicea the Victorious Divine Art of Scent - Swiss Perfumes Bergduft No 1 Edelweiss Czech & Speake Dark Rose Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes Keiko Mecheri Iris Pourpre Serge Lutens Rose de Nuit Ormonde Jayne Ta'if L`Artisan Parfumeur Iris Pallida 2007