Designers » A » Chypre « Groups

Grand Neroli Atelier Cologne for women and men

Grand Neroli from the Cologne Absolue collection is the smell of fresh Italian summer afternoon. It contains notes of Moroccan neroli, lemon, Sicilian bergamot, petit grain, Persian galbanum, moss, birch leaf, pure musk, white amber and vanilla from Madagascar.

It is available as 200 ml eau de cologne. The nose behind this fragrance is Cecile Krakower.

Neroli Amalfi Lemon Bergamot Petitgrain

Gianfranco Ferre Bergamotto Marino

Grand Neroli Fragrance Reviews

Inventress
Inventress

Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli opens up with a lovely citrus, slightly bitter, like the real thing. There is a woody undercurrent here, too, which I love and wish lasted longer. Soon it takes on a leafy, green kind of scent with neroli following right after. It oscillates between citrus and green. At this point, Grand Neroli starts to smell a lot like Tocca Stella to me, becoming more and more similar as time goes by. Once the green notes in the former vanish, and the citrus is softened, the two are almost the same.

It's perfect for summer, as an everyday scent. Very good as a morning refresher with all of that citrus. Tenacity isn't bad for a cologne of this type - about 3 hours on me.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Nothing real exciting here. It's nice and I like it... is there such a thing as a neroli soliflor? If so, this is an example of one. I don't smell anything here other than citrus (but it's a good citrus!) and an undefined "green" note. No, it doesn't last long on my skin. I didn't expect it to. It's good for an hour or so, which is pretty standard for colognes and citrus-based scents.

It does not smell like Spray and Wash, which is what the sharper and more pungent Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is for me, so this neroli is a success!

Would I buy a bottle? No. I'd opt instead for Eau Sauvage, which is a more refined and longer lasting citrus scent. Or Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche, which has the same vibe and decent longivity.

Lana148
Lana148

This is very beautiful! Woody, "deep green", neroli fragrance. I get quite a bit of lemon and bergamot here as well.

I would say it is not plain neroli smell. It is smell of a whole blooming orange tree - blossom, leaves and tree bark.

Must try for neroli lovers! Very well done!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I get quite a lot of sugary lemon along with green neroli and bitter petitgrain in the opening of Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli. The neroli and lemon then gradually diminish while the scent evolves into a creamy, slightly salty musk, and actually quite warm compared to the fresh opening.

The sillage is soft and longevity is around 6 hours. I find the contrast of the sensual drydown and the fresh opening of Grand Néroli quite interesting. If you happen to look for a citrus cologne with a slight twist, you may want to give Grand Néroli a try.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The petitgrain is very sharp in the opening and green, doesn't seem to blend well. The galbanum gives it a bit of a soapy feel in with the citruses. I almost feel as though despite being Grand Neroli, neroli shows up stronger in some of the other scents in the line. They do like this note and if they were going to showcase it here, I expected it to be brighter. It seems oddly muted, more like a soap scent once the green opening fades.

Kain
Kain

Well, I'm a bit confused here!
If this is a true neroli smell, what was all other neroli based fragrances that I've tested before?!
If those are neroli, so what is this?!
There is neroli in this fragrance for sure but I wouldn't call this a neroli based fragrance at all!
Not even close!
To my nose, this is a sweet juicy citrusy smell mix of tangerine and a little bit of lemon with some bitterness of the peel and very bright floral notes and easy to ignore soapiness in the background all the way through.
The scent gets a little more sweet and less fresh and citrusy in the dry down but all and all it's a linear scent.
Projection is average and longevity is around 4-5 hours on my skin which is OK.
Not a bad fragrance but also there is nothing exciting about it!

راستش به نظر من این عطر با وجود اینکه قراره یه عطر بر پایه رایحه نرولی باشه اصلا همچین چیزی نیست و رایحه نرولی نقش بسیار کمرنگ و قابل چشم پوشی تو عطر داره
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی شیرین نارنگی مانند و کمی لیمو ترش شروع میشه که در کنار اونا کمی رایحه تلخ پوست مرکبات و رایحه خیلی ضعیفی از گلها رو هم میشه حس کرد
عطر به خاطر وجود رایحه بسیار ضعیف نرولی یه ته بوی خیلی ملایم صابونی هم داره که خیلی راحت میشه بی خیالش شد و ازش چشم پوشی کرد
با گذر زمان بوی عطر تغییری نمیکنه و فقط کمی شیرینتر میشه و بوی شادابش کمی از بین میره ولی در مجموع بوش خطیه
پخش بوی متوسطی داره و ماندگاریش هم بین 4-5 ساعت روی پوست هستش
در مجموع عطر بدی نیست اما هیچ چیز خاص یا جالب و هیجان انگیزی هم در موردش وجود نداره و خیلی راحت میشه از کنارش بی تفاوت گذشت

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Almost identical to Czech & Speake Neroli. The Czech is patently not-complex but somehow this is even less so. But it smells great because quality neroli smells great. Excellent for hot weather.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This neroli is very good. This is fresh citrus and green notes which I love. If you like those notes a 30 Mill bottle is definitely worth the 70 bucks. Plus the company was helpful and shipping was fast. This fragrance is great for summer and spring.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This is an herbal, citrusy, and very obviously unisex fragrance. It reminds me of cooking with freshly picked lemongrass in my grandmother's kitchen. The top notes are of honey and lemongrass with a hint of bitter petitgrain, progressing toward the addition of a cedar note in the drydown. I'm not sure if I like this for me, but I'm loving the masculine twists and the herbal tones so I may try to convince my boyfriend to test it a little further down the road. Oakmoss very rarely works on my skin, but maybe his chemistry will be a better fit. One more thing- the lasting power leaves a bit to be desired so you'll need to either reapply or spray on clothing (the latter might help keep the lemongrass note around longer, too).

sharmap14
sharmap14

most neroli fragrances like this are usually a reapply after a few hours type of deal they dont last very long, but they project good for the time that they do last and because its a summer fragrance of course due to the weather you will have to re apply every 4-5 hours.

Mkenna
Mkenna

Started out with a bang... pure orange peel! An hour later, all I could smell was musky vanilla & an hour after that, it was gone *sigh*

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

I like this Neroli, and more to the point, it seems to like me. Many of the reviews have said it lacks longevity, yet it sticks to my skin like bewitching zesty, tantalizing attractor glue, full of bitter citrusy sparkles for a good hour, and rolling indecently around for hours afterwards in a soft, orange blossomy, feathery muskiness. There is a barely perceptible yet impossible to ignore reminiscence of walking through dew laden mossy woodland, like the remnants of a dream. Suddenly, the whole perfume disappears suddenly, as if a switch were flicked off. An overnight sensaton, a multifaceted golden jewel of a cologne, A polished amber full of bugs, fern and twinkle, a multi layered soliflore which still remains unquestionably Neroli, I find it irresitible. Thankyou Atelier, this is going to be another piggy-bank breaker.

Cereza
Cereza

This is a very likable and easy-to-wear neroli cologne with a really nice silage and decant staying power.
In "Grand Neroli" I also get loads of lemon, in this creation lemon appears bitter and sugary at the same time which I find very interesting, it's like lemon peels covered in sugar, it also helps to enhance the lemon sourness.
Petitgrain is also very prominent making the opening rather green, but of course it all evolves around freshly sweet neroli.

I find "Grand Neroli" to be suitable for both sexes and for everyday use, not exclusively a summer fragrance, but very close to it. Very non-offensive. Perfect blind buy for citrus and classic cologne lovers.

esteban747
esteban747

With a name like 'Grand Neroli' I was expecting a 'mother of all neroli fragrances in the universe!'
But what we have here is a delicate neroli, refined and less harsh and green.
I have to say this is a beautiful composition.
You can find many fragrances with a stronger neroli note. But I don't think you can find too many with such a precious scent.

So far sillage seems to be soft and longevity on the weaker side(I didn't spray too much so maybe I'm wrong).

I'm glad that I went out of my way to test Grand Neroli. Admittedly I'm more of an orange blossom fan, however I find myself gravitating towards neroli whenever I crave something more green, citrusy or bitter. Atelier's Grand Neroli is all three of those things, making it the perfect scent for a hot Summer day.

This fragrance opens with a crisp and refreshing burst of citrus. You can tell straight away that this fragrance uses natural, quality ingredients. It doesn't have that chemical undertone that many mainstream citrus scents have.

Many years ago I would play under the orange trees in my backyard, peeling back the rind and eating orange after orange. I remember that bitter, slightly green smell of the tree, and the shiny surface of the leaves. Grand Neroli captures that nostalgic, very personal moment for me. It's a beautiful memory.

The citrus top notes are relatively short-lived, as Grand Neroli develops into a slightly masculine, green and woodsy chypre. It's still quite a fresh fragrance, however the oakmoss, musk and galbanum give Grand Neroli a deep, aromatic vibe.

I was a little concerned when I saw vanilla and amber listed in the base notes, but thankfully they weren't all that noticeable. There is the tiniest hint of creamy vanilla, but the note is in no way sweet or overwhelming.

As you would expect from a cologne, Grand Neroli's longevity is average. It acts as more of a refreshing spritzer, one that is not intended to last the whole day. My advice would be to decant some into a travel atomiser for when you're out of the house, and spritz away.

A few of the Atelier Cologne "concentrated colognes"--or whatever they are called--feature detectable neroli notes, so I gather that the creative team loves neroli. This particular entry, GRAND NEROLI, is obviously intended to be a virtual neroli soliflore--and it really is. I tried and tried to come up with some other note possibilities, but all I could detect was a greenish neroli. So maybe some green notes along with neroli? I thought.

The official notes include galbanum and moss, so that's the green. But there's also birch, vanilla, white amber (not even sure what that is...), and an opening blitz of citrus: lemon, petit grain, neroli, and bergamot.

To me, GRAND NEROLI smells like a fine neroli cologne, no more and no less. It's more refined than 4711, obviously, and less loud and penetrating than Tom Ford NEROLI PORTOFINO. So, yes, this is a good neroli cologne, but that's about it. I feel somehow that I am missing something when I see all of these rave ratings. I mean, folks: it's a neroli cologne, after all. How excited can I get?

steve0580
steve0580

I ordered a sample of this.

Yes, it's Neroli. It's fresh and smells good but at $65 for 30ml or $165 for 200ml, I'll pass.

If you like fresh, clean and green neroli scents - try Mugler Cologne. It's unisex, as well as being far less expensive. Currently, you can get a 300 ml bottle of Mugler Cologne for $89 or less.

** Update, 1.5 years later **

I was going through some samples, fished out Grand Neroli, tried a dab on my skin and thought "wow! this is some good stuff". After a couple more dab tests, I knew I had to have a bottle.

I'm a huge fan of Neroli and own both Neroli Portofino and Mugler Cologne as well. Yes, they're all Neroli based but each has their own tilt on the ingredient.

Mugler Cologne is more fresh and green, like out-of-the-shower clean, Neroli Portofino is more fresh and laundry clean, like Spray-N-Wash and Grand Neroli is fresh as well, just far more citrusy than the other two.

When you first spray Grand Neroli, there is a very light and sugary lemon. The lemon starts to fade very quickly into a pleasing, fresh, light orange blossom. While the lemon still plays faintly in the background, the fresh orange stays to the forefront. If I were to pick out another note in the background, I'd say there is a VERY, VERY light powdery scent and maybe that adds to the fresh and clean vibe. I don't smell vanilla or anything aromatic. Overall, the fragrance is dominated by a light pleasing orange.

If you're going to buy any of the three, there are two things that you'll have to consider: Neroli type and budget.

As I've indicated above, do you want fresh and green, fresh and clean or fresh and citrus? From there, consider the price points: Neroli Portofino is the most expensive, followed by Grand Neroli and then Mugler cologne.

When it comes to projection and longevity, they're all moderate with Mugler cologne having a the edge in the longevity column.

I consider Grand Neroli, Neroli Portofino and Mugler Cologne all to be 10/10 in a rating scale as both a Neroli fragrance and overall among all fragrance genres.

williamvargas
williamvargas

such a pleasing fragrance, a beautiful fragrance, i used to have an orange blossom type fragrace an oldie called sanborns which this reminds me of ..don't know if many have smelled that very old fragrance, grand neroli is just gorgeous and refreshing , such a clean open air type fragrance, just feels like you just opened up the french doors on a wondeful breezy spring day. wow..love this one.would smell wonderful on a man or a woman. but i do get a masculine type of aura to it, so clean and refreshing, makes you feel very clean and well kept.. it was a purchase for me. thumbs up, very nice fragrance..a lot of compliments on just a pleasing clean fragrance made up of quality components that is for sure.. orange sanguine is also a very nice fragrance to look at, will sample some of their other products for sure now. earth pleasing..smells so natural of earthly elements..if angels wore fragrance..becoming one of my favorites..

SilverFire
SilverFire

This is probably the most realistic orange blossom scent I have ever smelled. There's a few moments of adjustment when you first apply, but five minutes or so after that, out comes a beautiful orange-blossom, completely realistic, completely natural, enveloping you with its semi-powdery cloud. Unfortunately, this lasts only thirty minutes or so on my skin. Then a musky orange scent comes out, like something more vegetable, or more rooty, which reminds me of forgotten splendor, the scent that perhaps a movie star from the silent era might wear. At times in this phase it is occasionally sweaty/animalistic, but it's mostly like the orange-suffused wood or roots. It's slightly heady. The projection draws in closer to the skin, so you and the person you're with can smell it. This lasts the rest of the duration of the fragrance, fading as it goes, for about eight hours. On the whole, this is an interesting scent, and quite peaceful, but not masculine enough for me.

lara0905
lara0905

Soft breeze touches my face on the terrace,beneath the Mediterranean Sea generate the gentle wind.. cool lemonade..the setting sun's rays warming up my skin..as I inhale this scent-these images flash up in my mind.

I could compare this scent to Neroli by Annick Goutal, but Grand Neroli much smoother and softer scent.In the beginning the fresh citrus notes are very dominants, but fortunately they are evaporate and neroli comes forward with green nuances and the undeniably masculine oakmoss with bergamott. This phase after sort minutes transforms into a soft, chilly base with neroli, musk, amber and galbanum, the masculin notes just faded away.

Discreet neroli-musk, perfect choice for mediterranean holiday.:)

Kterhark
Kterhark

I like htis. It doesn't last long so go ahead and use generously. The opening had a strong, 'dusting with Pledge' vibe common to most lemon colognes. Fortunately this moves along, ushering in the more chewy, centered green.

All around this is a safe, pleasant, lazy spring afternoon scent. I prefer it on my bosom where it can get the warmth and moisture it needs to open up. i don't recommend sampling on a paper strip or finger; you'll miss out on the magic that way.

I do agree that its unisex, maybe a bit more for the gents than the ladies, but I will not be passing my sample on as I like it too much, and that's saying something.

Grottola
Grottola

If you love neroli, welcome to paradise.

Grand Neroli is the creamiest, freshest, richest, most well-executed neroli out there. The only thing that could even match this, MAYBE, is Neroli Sauvage by Creed. There's a few notes here and there in this one, but for the most part it's all neroli, all the time. And it lasts quite a while, like the other Atelier scents. An amazing tribute to the central note of Eau de Cologne.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Neroli is one of my favorite notes. I really like it here in Grand Neroli because I find it soft and fresh with a hint of sweetness from the yummy vanilla. Interestingly the dry-down in Grand Neroli smells very much like the dry-down of the very affordable Avon Herve Leger Femme, minus the woody notes that HL has. GN is probably my 2nd favorite Atelier right next to Orange Sanguine.

querelle
querelle

If that eau was a song, it would definitely be that one from Sade, Smooth Operator. Beautiful, beautiful neroli wrapped in sensual vanilla, with the galbanum keeping the balance, it's the type of scent you could carry all day and make all the others around you, wondering whether it is a perfume or the smell of your skin..
It is definitely unisex, there is no gender definition in this eau, BUT I do believe that it would work much, much better on a guy. The fragile tenderness this eau possesses needs, allow me to say a masculine skin, to reveal it's excellency.
And ladies, if you smell it on a guy, there's no need to ask. He's a smooth operator...

delphine67
delphine67

I love this scent. A real and fresh neroli. Not masculine at al on my skin. A very natural smelling cologne. great for summer.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A decidedly masculine neroli.

The green chypre aspects of this fragrance really balance the flagrantly floral neroli note. Instantly uplifting, with an initial neroli-bergamot blast, the fragrance dries down to a heavier petit grain, oakmoss, galbanum base.

Oh how I wish I could wear it, but the base feels a bit too masculine on my skin. My fiance, on the other hand, is more than happy to wear this new-found gem and I love to smell him in it!!!

Grand Neroli by Atelier Cologne 4.13 out of 5 based on 168 ratings and 26 user reviews

Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli Cologne Absolue Spray 30ml 1oz
Atelier Cologne Cologne Absolue - Grand Neroli - 6.7 oz
Cologne 6.8oz
Atelier Cologne - Grand Neroli Cologne Absolue - 200 ml
Atelier Cologne - Grand Neroli Cologne Absolue - 200 ml

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Atelier Cologne Grand Neroli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Grand Neroli by Atelier Cologne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Grand Neroli by Atelier Cologne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.