Designers » A » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Oolang Infini Atelier Cologne for women and men

Oolang Infini Atelier Cologne for women and men
dislike

Oolang Infini belongs to the Cologne Absolue collection. This rich and exotic aroma contains sweet notes of bergamot, Tunisian neroli, oolong tea, blond leather, tobacco blossom, Guaiac wood and vetiver from Haiti.

It is available as 200 ml eau de cologne.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jérome Epinette.

Bergamot Tunisian Neroli

neda28

reminds me about Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

landshark321
landshark321

Another pleasant fresh scent from Atelier Cologne, Oolang Infini incorporates the signature tea note with a floral/citrus blend. I don't get the leather that's often referred to in the latter stages of wearing, frankly, but I get the guaiac wood and musk as it does soften gently in the dry down.

It's slightly more feminine than the other more-or-less gender neutral colognes I've sampled so far out of the line, so it's a little less appealing to me in that respect. In its defense, it smells very natural, more authentic and less offensive than many designers in that same vein.

What's equally prohibitive is its poor performance, even relative to the other Ateliers that I tried--I would need a handful of sprays to make it last. It was unfortunately almost entirely gone within a few hours of applying. I like the tea of Creed Silver Mountain Water and would certainly pay for it, because not only is it a better scent, but it projects and lasts somewhat longer.

Not one I'd consider buying, considering how many others I prefer from the line, but luckily, for those that do like it a lot, it's available on some discount sites (like many other Ateliers): $131 for 100ml on Beautyspin, and under $100 for 100ml on FragranceNet.

6 out of 10

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

It started out OK, with a citrus-tea note, however, within 30 minutes all I was getting was a soapy note. Longevity is good, but not a fragrance that inspires me at all.

scentfollower
scentfollower

I tried this from a sample and immediately it did reminded me of Bvlgary PH which I actually like but I was expecting something different, for what it costs it should be something little better. Disappointed.

walking44
walking44

Its nice and wearable. But based on Atelier's other offerings, I expected something better. Something more realistic. It's still giving me a "tea inspired" vibe.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

one of Ateliers most linear and boring scents if you ask me

its not a bad scent per say but its also not a good one its definitely a safe scent to wear on its own when you dont want to smell like your clean self but id personally rather smell like myself then wear something so faint that sits so close to the skin

all i get is a fresh woodsy accord with a hint of spice and some earthy undertones

i can see someone layering this kinda of like you would with Iso-E-Super since to my nose this is on level with Escentric Molecules - Molecules 01

but if thats what your after go with something purer like Escentric Molecules - Molecules 01

on to the next

Atelier Cologne is one interesting brand. The perfumes, I have tried by them, have all been natural smelling.
So is this one.
It's a green, a little floral and a little spicy, mildly leathery scent.
I can see it's suitable for men too, it has masculine tone to it.
Different from the mass production and unique in it's own way.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is a very pretty, subtle perfume though it is lasting too.

Its personality feels quite similar to Armani Prive Pierre de Lune - soft, white, delicate yet fresh with a hint of green.

To compare the two, I'd say Oolang is more contemporary and less complex and powdery - younger in feel I think. It's good quality though, because despite the lightness of its mood, it's still lasting well after a few hours.

Having said that, I instinctively prefer Pierre de Lune's complexity. Oolang Infini smells more simple and predictable in dry down, though that's what makes it feel contemporary I think. Maybe it's just me, but I get a slightly standard white musk drydown from Oolang Infini.

If I didn't know leather and vetiver where there I'd not notice them I don't think, but in the way that leather gives Kelly Caleche EDT a stronger backbone this works similarly, though Kelly Caleche is entirely different with its bracing grapefruit. To me the dry down of Oolang Infini isn't so classy or as astringent.

Then again, that delicate, almost ethereal prettiness of tea, light musk and delicate florals does indeed bring a Japanese spring to mind, so it depends what you're looking for. I can see a younger, elegant woman really suting this perfume - perhaps a teacher with understated gentle prettiness, no bling to blight the natural mood!

For this idea of an elegant summer floral/leather feminine cologne idea, there are many options, it depends on the tone you're seeking. For example there's Bottega Venetta's Knot - or Jour d'Hermes, though thsoe are more serious and classy cut-crystal-edged than this perfume.

So though this isn't quite for me, I do admire it.

I contacted them, and according to Atelier Cologne:
Oolang Infini doesn't have vetiver, the main notes are : bergamot form Calabria, oolang tea and guaiacwood.
Just sayin'.

Allen-at-home

Question: Vetiver is listed as one of the notes above, but I don't see vetiver listed on the Atelier Colognes website:

Top notes :
bergamot from Calabria, Tunisian neroli, freesia

Heart notes :
oolang tea, jasmine from Egypt, blond leather

Base notes :
tobacco flower from the Balkans, gaiac wood from India, musk

Luckyscent ALSO lists vetiver. Is there really any vetiver in it?

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Very refreshing, in an Iso-E-Super sort of way a la D&G's Light Blue. Perfect for summer or lovely and crisp against the backdrop of a very cold day.

The opening is a bomb of bergamot, a little sweet and fresh on me, before the soapy jasmine, tea and citrus combination kicked in. The scent mostly settles into a woody vetiver in the base. I don't get any magical smoky oolang tea and sexy leather out of this one, which is what I was hoping for, but it is well-blended, light and clean. The fragrance seems as though it's very chemistry dependent, so I wouldn't recommend this one as a blind buy. Very soft sillage; lasts for about 3 hours.

blane0734
blane0734

I love tea scents and Atelier Cologne. I think it's one of the more deeper tea scents that I tried. A lot of the tea scents feature citruses but although this does have bergamot in its notes, but it's not as strong as the tea and doesn't overpower the whole deeper herbal notes as tea perfumes do.

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

I am not a fan of any of the other scents produced by this house (and I've sampled them all.) But this one, I like! The moment I opened the sample, I was intrigued -- so very different from all the other CA fragrances. I went through 3 sample vials before ordering the large size. This is my go-to fragrance for work, as it is unobtrusive and smells clean without any cloying, sugary notes. I love the way my clothes smell at the end of the day: a lingering ghostly scent that is delish!

I detect strong notes of neroli, green and black teas, and bergamot on first application. This fades fairly quickly into leathery-dry tea with soft powdery notes, and finally to clean skin with a hint of summer wood. It's simple, but not simple. Hmm.

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

URGH I just can't take this fake tea smell. I used to love tea notes in most fragrances but the older I get (and the more tea I drink) the more ridiculous these so called "tea" notes smell to me. Soapy, artificial and squeaky clean smell that drives all other notes aside to loudly pronounce a very pretentious... greenness? Oriental-ness? Freshness? Hell no. Some people described this as a "plasticky" edgy smell which I find very fitting, too.

Oolang infini just strikes home that fake tea note like Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege and Elizabeth Arden Green Tea. Folks who yarn for a more realistic tea scent shall seek comfort from Coeur de Vetiver Sacre by L'Artisan.

Beaufort
Beaufort

Outrageously overpriced, (€130) here in France and no lasting power. Gone within 5 minutes !!
The whole series a big disappointment and a total waste of money.

dsty
dsty

I loved the other three Ateliers I've tried so far, and I love tea as a perfume note (although mostly in theory so far), so I was very much looking forward to trying this one. Unfortunately Oolang Infini isn't quite for me: it's both a bit too light and a bit too masculine for my tastes.

The opening is mostly citrus, but with a hard, almost plasticky edge to it. When the citrus disappears after a short while, a rather stiff tea fragrance emerges, with a backbone of vetiver and other masculine-leaning notes like leather and dry woods. There's really no sweetness at all in this fragrance, neither in the opening citrus notes nor in the main tea phase. That's not a bad thing, it makes the tea rather natural and realistic in its dry bitterness, for instance, but I do like mine with a little sugar.
After only half an hour or so, Oolang Infini turns into a subtle skin scent, I kind of forget that I'm wearing it until my wrist happens to be near my nose for some reason. That's not a bad thing in itself either, there are definitely times when you have enough other things on your mind that this kind of light, subtle scent is just what the doctor ordered. For now though, I'm looking for something a bit stronger, more unisex or feminine, and maybe a little sweeter as well.

Reese1861
Reese1861

Okay, I got really lucky on this one. An Ebay seller was selling "damaged" bottles of different fragrances and listed this one with a "U" as the first letter in the name, rather than an "A" so I guess no one recognized it for what it was? I got a large tester bottle that was over 1/3 full, for $4.95 and free shipping. Lucky me. HAHA! Very light pleasant fragrance, and very affordable in this case hee!

blue_belle
blue_belle

I wanted to try this specifically because it was based around tea; I love tea both to drink and as a note in perfume and I was fascinated the idea of an earthy oolong perfume. At first I thought this wouldn't fit the bill, because it starts out with a huge burst of citrus, but once the bergamot dies down the scent settles into a very impressive true dry tea smell with a hint of woodiness. It lasted a decent amount of time, too (somewhere around seven hours).

Sadly, this doesn't project at all on my skin, so this is not one I would consider buying or wearing on a regular basis, but the composition of this is beautiful and they really captured the smooth richness of oolong tea.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

When I heard tea, I was thinking crisp and green. On me, this comes across as oh so soft and creamy. It's more like earl grey, with perhaps some milk in it. I am so so in love with this scent right now. It's soothing and calm and delicious and pleasing. On my skin, it doesn't seem to have a lot of depth, but does get dryer in the drydown, losing some creaminess. It just smells good. also, I find it to be a skin scent on me, which is fine. Preferable, actually. I got about 6 hours out of it before it all but disappeared, which I think is pretty good.
I will definitely be saving up for a bottle of this elixir. It is maddeningly wonderful.

Lana148
Lana148

I love Oolong tea and it's the only green tea I buy. This cologne doesn't smell like Oolong, but still is a very nice tea fragrance.

This came out smelling like mix of green tea, bergamot, woods, a little leather and tobacco. Like some other reviewer said - it smells more like Earl Grey then Oolong.

Despite that, this is a very nice tea scent, and I like it a lot just the way it is. My favorite cologne out of Atelier line.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini opens with smoky tea leaf. It then becomes more clear and herbal as if the water is poured into the cup. The drydown features a smooth and sweet woody base along with green tea.

The sillage is very soft and the longevity is around 6 hours. Oolang Infini is a relatively pure green tea scent, and it doesn't have many twists. But what I appreciate the most is that it does not fall into the usual sweet fruity green tea category. If a pure and understated green tea fragrance is what you seek, Oolang Infini is worth a try.

Kain
Kain

I can see some people kind of bashing this and even comparing it to average designer fragrances but for me it's not like that!
A simple, yet high quality and natural smelling fragrance which is exactly what I want for those god damn hot summer days.
I love this and it's actually one of the best by the brand in my opinion.
The opening of this fragrance is a sour and fresh bergamot note that I can also feel the bitterness of the bergamot peel in it and there are green tea and vetiver notes as well to give the scent green and more natural feeling.
There is a little sweetness in the background but because of other notes that are pretty loud you may not catch it at the beginning.
As time goes by the scent settles down and now I can smell a smooth and almost creamy sweet smell beside those tart, fresh and bitter beragmot and green tea notes and now vetiver is rooty, earthy and god damn great in this part and I love it.
Projection was very good at the start but quickly changed to skin scent mode and longevity is around 4-5 hours on my skin which is good for this type of scent.
There is nothing new or unique about it but it's quality and pleasant.

راستش اکثرا دارن این عطرُ ازش بد میگن و یه کار خیلی معمولی خطابش میکنن و حتی بعضی ها با کارای متوسط و ضعیف برندهای دیزاینر مقایسه اش میکنن اما شخصا اصلا موافق نیستم
به نظر من این یه عطر ساده ولی بسیار با کیفیت و خوشبو و طبیعی هست که میتونه انتخاب بسیار خوبی برای روزهای مزخرف و بی خود فصل گند و آشغال تابستون باشه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی بسیار ترش و شاداب ترنج شروع میشه که تلخی و زهر اون پوست ترنجُ هم میشه داخل اش حس کرد و در کنارش رایحه چای سبز و کمی هم وتیور وجود دارن تا حس سبز و کمی گیاهی و طبیعی بیشتری بهش بدن
رایحه خیلی ضعیف شیرینی هم به سختی میشه حس کرد که ممکنه به خاطر اون ترشی و تلخی اولیه اش همه متوجه اش نشن
با گذر زمان بوی مرکباتی کمی ملایمتر میشه و بوی عطر به مقدار جزئی شیرین میشه
حالا تو این مرحله وتیور قویتر میشه و حس خاکی و ریشه ای مانند خودشو نشون میده که شخصا خیلی حال کردم باهاش
بوش در مجموع چیز جدید یا خاصی نیست اما با کیفیت و خوشبوئه و شخصا عاشق همین خصوصیت اش شدم
پخش بوش اولش خیلی خوبه اما خیلی سریع پخشش بسیار کم میشه جوری که خودتم به سختی بوشو حس میکنی ولی ماندگاریش بدک نیست. حدود 4-5 ساعت رو پوست من ماندگاری داشت

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Nice scent with a great mix of notes. The longevity is 3 hrs max. I would like this one to last longer for the price.

lisa o
lisa o

I don't understand so much the enthusiasm for this house. they have all a bit of an antiseptic/chemical smelling quality and I blame it to the strong synthetics used. oolang infini is, for me at least, the scent of the line that I like most (actually only because of the tea and because it has at least a bit of complexity). I don't think it is only iso-e-super, although I sense a big amount of it. has also a kind of strongly radiating sweet/vanillic accord in the base...

janegoodenough
janegoodenough

Very fresh scent. Good for relaxed day.

chirobi
chirobi

I have become unwittingly smitten with the opening of Atelier Cologne's Collection Originale, with Oolang Infini and Trèfle Pur leading the pack. I've come to accept that, despite the 15-20% concentrate these perfumes boast, there is no longevity to these whatsoever (though the perfumes from the Collection Matières Absolues have decent longevity on me). They seemed to have considered this in their bottle design, thereby providing refillable 70ml bottles por gratis with the purchase of 200ml refills.

I love the opening, and can detect realistic notes of lightly smoked tea, bergamot and vetiver. The opening is of a similar genre to the other perfumes in the Collection Originale with the fresh citruses. Oolang Infini's dry down is a less interesting floral, with a hint of wood. Word of advice on enjoying the Collection Originales: reapply liberally!

finzi
finzi

This reminds me very much of Bal d'Afrique and Vetiver Tonka, although more the former than the latter. I think it's lighter and fresher than Bal d'Afrique, and definitely unisex. To my (inexperienced) nose, the citrus really comes though, lifting the vetiver, hence the lighter, fresher feel. I think "fresh spicy" is a pretty good description of this fragrance.

Great longevity - I could still smell this on my skin when I awoke the following day!

A really pleasing fragrance, and one that may well have earned a place in my wardrobe.

It's probably time for me to face the fact: Atelier Cologne is not really the house for me. The problem I find with most of their colognes is that the aromachemicals are much stronger than the alleged notes. In the case of Oolang Infini, what I really smell is the "infini" part, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the radiance maker, iso-E-super. Many people like it, and I am happy for them. To me, it's just annoying and really overwhelms most of the creations of this house, including this one.

The oolang tea note is surely in here somewhere, but the radiance maker just clears out my sinuses and reminds me of all of the other modern compositions in the same group, beginning with Escentric Molecules Molecule 01. Again, lots of people enjoy wearing these kinds of scents, but they are not for me. People who like Bvlgari pour Homme might appreciate this scent.

magneto78
magneto78

I smell Vetiver and citrus. No tea

greycardigan
greycardigan

This is beautiful from start to finish. Bright and warm. Slightly spicy with some creaminess and smoke. I really, really like this! Two huge thumbs up.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This opens with citrus and a slightly sour tangy tea note that is joined by neroli and woods.

You know when you are ironing a white shirt and you put a bit of starch on the collar and press down on the steam button. You get that starchy steamy smell, add a little citrus and a tiny dab of neroli and you have this fragrance.

I'm disappointed with this fragrance as the star of the show tea note does nothing to distinguish itself within this composition.

This scent is imo tepid and generic, if the tea was stronger and the supporting notes of leather and woods stood out more this would have been such a better fragrance. With the tea note you need bolder notes as a good contrast.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

I had a small bottle of this. It smells just like Bvlgari Homme. Light, dry, tea, pepper, a very slight hint of wood. Not great, not bad, no longevity.

ednafrau
ednafrau

this perfume is so similar to vetiver tonka by hermès! i can't believe it. it's very, very nice, but between two niche offerings (the hermès is part of the hermessence collection sold only at their boutiques) i'd go with jean claude ellena's creation, which - incidentally - was released six years before oolang infini.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I've worn this 5 times now, and each wearing I think, 'now this is a like'. Tea is a note that surprised me; I"ve now experienced it in 4 other fragrances, and it woos me every time. It's a nice balance between reedy greens and gravel.

What I like most about Atelier's take is that they keep the focus on tea and don't bring in a bunch of unneeded other stuff (I could name drop here but I won't) This is a clean, energetic fragrance that would be great for a hot day. It's dry, yet not so much that its raspy. Very inoffensive and discrete.

My one complaint: longevity. I get maybe 30 minutes from this. OK, it's a cologne and maybe I should be bathing in it, but that's not how I wear fragrances so this would be a draw back for me.

kris919
kris919

I like this one. tea, vetiver, neroli, subtle woody notes. It's a really really nice clean citrus tea scent with a small touch of smokiness. I have tried to like tea scents in the past, and I just didn't. Most recently I sampled tribal black tea from Illuminum and although not horrible, I just wasn't impressed. Boredom is a good word for that perfume. Nice is a good word for Oolang Infini. If you want to have a few clean refreshing scents in your collection, this should be at least one of them. It's light and well made, but does have interesting depth to it for a cologne. It goes thru a few changes and strengths as well, which is nice. This would be a perfect office/work scent too. I really want to try other Atelier scents now. On luckyscent a 30ml is $60 and a 200ml is $165. in my opinion, 30ml is too little, and 200ml is too much. Why not a 100ml?? Still and all, I'm adding this to my want list. thumbs up

vega_012
vega_012

One of my favorite fragrances. I received it as a sample with purchase from an online fragrance retailer. Generally, I am not a fan of vetiver but in this it works blending with the bergamot, leather and neroli to create a really light,airy and fresh scent. It is, to me, the scent equivalent of windchimes on a sunny day. I was also pleased to see this perfume house will be appearing at Esxence in Milan this March/ April.

christine.lattin
christine.lattin

LOVE this, it has become my everyday scent. On me, it is a perfect mix of citrus (particularly bergamot) and woods. The tea is strong initially, but then the vetiver really emerges after drydown. My boyfriend loves it on me too, it is definitely a lighter cologne, you have to be pretty close to smell it. But that being said, it lasts all day. Sophisticated and yet fresh.

Camin
Camin

I adore this. Oolong is a tea that's between green and black--it's only slightly fermented. So the fragrance is between the sharp of green tea and the smoky tannins of black tea. It's delicate and sweetly fresh; it curls into your nostrils with a subtle and uplifting scent; a feel of potential rather than raw energy. The neroli emerges upon first application, to my nose anyway, but it's not overpowering. So it's like the scent brought by a gentle breeze rather than the heavy fragrance of a bower. The drydown has a silky, slightly animalic smell, like a horse's velvety nose. This is one of the few I will definitely buy. It's mysterious, suggestive, but very earthy rather than ethereal.

Oolang Infini opens remarkably interesting with a smooth blend of tea leaves "energized" and refined by a perfectly executed bergamot. Neroli makes its appearance right away joined by a consistent, but never overwhelming, woody note and some vetiver. An extremely delicate suede note winks from the back while the composition evolves into a modern revisitation of the classic Eau De Cologne.

Ollang Infini is a solid candidate to become one of the best interpretations of this classic theme in years. An elegant and interesting option for anyone into lighter fragrances.

Orpheus99
Orpheus99

Overall impression: damp earth. Without concentrating on the notes, I get a sort of ambient smell like after it rains. I can sense the tea and the vetiver, the leather not so much. Good projection and longevity. A little too atmospheric for me, but it's not bad.
Might be good for someone that does not want to smell like they are wearing a fragrance. Grade: C+

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I'm not sure my skin picks up any of the tea note. I smell citrusy lemon and tangy something. Very tangy. I'll have to give this one a few more trials to see if it plays out any differently.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Neroli, bergamot and tea to open. I agree with Yourfoxiness in that this smells rather like Earl Grey. But nothing smoky in this composition, as with the drydown I get a little smooth soapiness.

I don't really get any leather, although there is something in Oolang Infini that makes it feel soft and supple--almost plush. Ferny, steamy, velvety woods if you will, with cool crisp shadows in a humid rainforest; a refreshing mist of water from a nearby waterfall; and a petal or two adding just a drop of sweetness.

Hmm... the opalescence of this fragrance is really growing on me. Warmly meditative, comforting and renewing.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Off the top this is a breath of fresh air. A definite tea note, but i would almost say earl grey rather than oolong, due to the bergamot that accompanies it. Its very light, and almost plays a little hide & seek game, where its light & barely there, and then smokey, woodsey, and very substantial for a spell. a few minuites in it reminds me a little of annick goutal encens flamboyant, and then it mellows and the refreshing tea & smooth "grey" woods return. The leather is dry, and almost makes me think of pearly grey suede. Oolang infini gives a feel of a somehow cool, but cozy and contemplative scent, that plays in waves, and unfolds gently from fresh and light, to smoky and complex in the drydown, like the conclusion of a good book. And indeed, i smell the leather binding, and the evocation of a memory here... Cold winter sunlight through the window, and the scents of leather & good tea, a blanket and a fire, when ocassionally i catch a rouge whiff of cold, fresh air that brings juniper, & smoke. A lovely fragrance, i believe it would be great on a man, although it worked better for me than my husband. It does come & go quickly, which gives it a casual feel, but i too would love to see how it would do in a higher concentration. Beautiful fragrance.

This fragrance is very light woody tea scent. It is very linear, but very lovely and fresh. I think it's a bit mineral musky clean too. It's more for men than women, I think. Unfortunately, it's way too light as it is a cologne, and it has very weak staying power. I would love to have one but I need it in, at least, eau de toilette or a higher concentration.

vertigo
vertigo

To my nose, the most prominent note here is guaiac wood.
In the first quarter I also smelled some oolang tea and dry, earthy vetiver.
But wood is definitely the spine of this fragrance.
Interesting, it really makes me think about travelling to the Far East, despite having no typically oriental notes ...

Unisex, of course, but I'd prefer to smell it on my man rather than on mysef.

patlegolfeur
patlegolfeur

This is a tea fragrance that doesn't leave you smelling like a tea bag! It has depth. That being said, anyone looking for a strong, projecting fragrance should keep looking. It stays closer to the body.

My description: a barely-woodsy tea that has a smoothness to it and is definately wearable by a man.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

This is absolutely fascinating to me, as an avid tea lover & collector, I love the smokiness of oolong tea, with its cleansing ethereal nature. The leather note is intriguing as well as the woodiness. And it has two of all my time favorite notes: neroli & vetiver.

This is definitely a trip to the Orient in a bottle! Fantastic blend!
Perfect unisex fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.