Designers » A » Oriental Spicy « Groups

dislike

Katana Atelier Flou for men Pictures

Strong, Powerful,
The sun of the East.

Much personality and sensuality in this fragrance inspired by the sharp edge of the saber of the Samurai. It takes risks by associating attars of cypress of Italy, coriander of Russia and cardamom of Guatemala for a unique harmony of strength and excellence.

Power.

Cypress Juniper Berries

Cardamom Coriander

Musk Patchouli

If you're familiar with this fragrance, use the tools on the perfume pyramid to select the most prominent notes.

Nino Cerruti

Katana Fragrance Reviews

drakecito
drakecito

Second time that I put this review here.... ;)

Rare light species. Nothing more.
It's light and don't project but lasts about 8h+ close to the skin.
For me, smelly and have a poor sillage (It's a good think).

scent: 2/10
longevity: 7/10
sillage: 3/10

andyray
andyray

Wow!Wow! Wow!

And how opinions differ...

This magnificent perfume could be re-titled, "Fantasia on a Theme by Jean-François Latty", the (obscure) nose who created YSL's (original) late-80s gorgeous 'masculine', "Jazz".

Indeed, I remember the impressive impact of first smelling this in Roja Dove’s flamboyant, glittery Harrods’ emporium a few years ago and thinking that if you strip away the complexity of the opening of "Jazz" and go straight for the heart of the matter, then "Katana" presents as a big, bold, warm, almost-creamy, animalic-leather, fougere. However, “Katana” is difficult to classify as it also shifts towards ‘woody, floral, musk’ territory and, add a twist of silver frankincense, would not be out of place if released by the House of Amouage - and I do not say this lightly.

"Katana" reminds me slightly of Amouage's, "Epic, Man", though less ebullient and without the oud and incense, together with aspects of Azzaro's wonderful, underrated, "Acteur" - another late-80s treasure.

"Katana" has formidable projection; tremendous silage and verges towards something 'green' though never quite gets there, instead scattering scintillating metallic notes like yuletide tinsel around the tree: a characteristic that defined another seminal YSL masterpiece, the original (women's) "Rive Gauche".

"Katana" is stunning, and despite my references, it is somehow original - perhaps even a sort-of post-post-modern masterpiece - and I would place "Katana" in a 5-star box of its own if using the Luca Turin-Tania Sanchez classification system.

For the record: my vintage is in a black-painted bottle and I remain indebted to my friend “T” for introducing me to this gem back in Roja’s fascinating, top-floor, mirrored, ‘black room’, as my collection would possess a significant lacuna in the absence of “Katana”.

Katana by Atelier Flou 3.71 out of 5 based on 7 ratings and 2 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Atelier Flou Katana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Atelier Flou Katana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Katana by Atelier Flou. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Katana by Atelier Flou represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Serge Lutens Chergui Frapin 1270 Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Rochas Rochas Man Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre CoSTUME NATIONAL Costume National Homme CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense Cartier Santos de Cartier Tom Ford Tom Ford for Men Extreme Chanel Pour Monsieur Frederic Malle Noir Epices Parfumerie Generale Cedre Sandaraque Helmut Lang Cuiron pour Homme Lorenzo Villoresi Patchouli Yves Saint Laurent Jazz Prestige Czech & Speake Cuba Montale Aoud Queen Roses Dior Dior Homme Intense Lorenzo Villoresi Musk